Thursday, December 05, 2013

Corazon Indomable #149 Wed Dec 4th Maricruz visits the pokey

*Ahem, hi patio peeps, I'm sitting here with my laptop trying to figure out how to start this recap, I tried to get out of writing it, I considered faking my own death and then thought that was just too drastic, then I thought about just posting a discussion page and telling you folks there would be no recap because I got a case of smallpox, but then I realized Carlos would call me out on it so thought better of it, I also thought about coming down with a case of the bird flu and swine flu, but again thought better of it. I have watched Judge Judy, gone on Twitter, checked Facebook a million times and even walked down to the corner liquor store in search of booze, yes, this show has made me turn to the bottle. Anyhoo, it is now midnight and I figured I should just get it over with. I hope you enjoy.*

We start with Maricruz sitting in jail, she's going to take the blame Alfonso's murder, Octavio will take care of Lupita and she loves him so much that she will sacrifice herself for him. She talks to herself about how none of this would of happened if Alfonso had not painted her in the nude, he brought shame on her and Octavio could not handle it. She will stay in jail to protect him! Later she receives a visit from Mercedes who is more upset about the fact that she is not going to be able to get married after all than she is about the fact that someone died.

Mercedes tells Maricruz that she wanted to marry Alfonso, he was an ARTIST, and handsome and that was good enough for her, sure he was only getting married to her because his parents were forcing him to and yes, he was a male slut but hey she reasons, that's the best she could hope for in a mate but now she will be forever alone because she's and I quote "ugly". I don't know how I managed to keep myself from throwing something at my television, this is also when I went out in search for booze, true story.

The two girls continue to talk and Maricruz tells her that she can do better, she needs to cut the umbilical cord and go out into the world, she needs to rebel! Mercedes takes this in and I think I might have fallen asleep, cause I have no memory of how that scene ended. I do have to hand it to Mercedes, she still likes Maricruz, even if she did kill the hot painter.

In the police station the officers discuss the case, they have two suspects, both of them have confessed but there is one minor problem, the murder weapon has two sets of finger prints, Octavios and someone else's but oddly enough Maricruz's finger prints are not on the weapon. One of the officers says that maybe they cleaned the weapon down to erase her finger prints and that the other set of prints could belong to the person that sold the knife to Maricruz, but what does it matter? They both agree that this is not their problem and that it is better to have two suspects than none. Ah, it warms your heart to see how hard working these two officers are, always looking for justice.

In another part of Mexico Alfonso's parents are distraught over the loss of their good for nothing son- correction, Alfonso's mother is upset, the father seems to be of the opinion that his son got what he deserved. He never should have painted Maricruz in the nude, women are not to be treated that way, they need to be cared for and respected. I'm a bit horrified that he seems to think that painting someone in the nude is an offense worthy of death. His wife states that she wants revenge! She wants Maricruz to rot in jail. Someone please tell her how the last chick that wanted revenge  in this telenovela ended up.

Later we see Alfonso's funeral, I'm glad to report that we had a good turn out, Miguel would be jealous. I can't help but be distracted by one of the extras in that scene, the dude looked like he was about to burst out in laughter. After the funeral Alfonso's mom and her friend- Mercede's mom whose name I never learned talk about that awful Maricruz, Alfonsos' mom tells her friend that she is so alone now, Alfonso was her only child and the only thing that will sustain her is getting revenge on his killer, Mercedes mom reminds her she's not alone, she has her husband and friends. Sometime later Mercedes joins her mom and tells her she feels badly for Maricruz, who is just unlucky. 

We now join Juanita who is on the phone with the police station, Maricruz is in jail for murder, she tries to tell the person on the other line that that Maricruz would never kill anyone, once she sees the person on the other end of the line can't help her she picks up Lupita and goes in search of Octavio. 

She arrives at his hotel and tells him that Maricruz is innocent, she only took the blame for the murder because she thought he had killed Alfonso. Octavio is muy impactado. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this guy is dumb,because several times during the rest of the episode he wonders out loud if Maricruz really is innocent. Can we get him a coin so he can flip it and make his decision? Heads she's innocent, tails she's a killer. That would save us all so much time.

He seems to have made up his mind and runs off to to find crazy Doris, he explains that he needs money for a lawyer, and she agrees to give it to him, on one condition-he must agree to marry her (Eli hits head against the wall) and get this patio peeps, he agrees! Has this man learned nothing about getting married to people you don't love? Does he not remember how that worked out the last time? Por el amor de dios! Also in a move straight out of a Friends episode he is told that he can not contact Maricruz again. Oooh I almost forgot she also wants to get married right away, and she wont give him the money till they have tied the knot. He manages to talk her into giving him the money sooner and she agrees, he then hires a lawyer for his beloved.

Maricruz gets a visit from the attorney who explains that Octavio has hired him to defend her, she wonders how he got the money to pay the attorneys fees but is told not to worry, he has been paid and will be there to try and get her out of jail. Next thing we know she is being transported to what I can only guess is another court house, there she will give her declaration and then be sent to the women's prison. Her attorney tells her to say that she killed Alfonso in self-defense but Maricruz refuses, she is all like "yeah I killed him and what?", she refuses to change her story and is distraught to find that she can be in the pokey for up to 30 years. That's not enough to get her to tell the truth or change her version of the events so off to the big house she goes. Her punishment is not just being behind bars, that's bad enough but to make it worse she has to wear a bad prison outfit, brown is not her color.
The head cheese at the prison tells her she is young and pretty and can start a new life there, ummm yay, I guess,

Meanwhile Octavio and Doris argue, she wants to take the kids and go back to Isla Dorada, and Octavio wants to wait for Maricruz to be released from jail, Doris tells him that she hates Maricruz and that she will testify against her, she wants her to spend the rest of her life in jail. Octavio argues that Maricruz is innocent! OMG, I wish Doris would just give up, why marry someone who you know does not love you?! Agh, it's 2013, go on Match.com and move on!

Jose Antonio and the priest find out that Maricruz is in jail for murder. And all I can think is "man that's a giant headline".


Join us tomorrow when we get a blast from the past! Or save your brain cells and just wait for the recap!




Labels:


Comments:
Ay, those "detectives" (and I use the term loosely)!! So they found only two sets of fingerprints on the knife, right? So since one set is Octavio's and one is unknown - but definitely not MC's - then HERs must have been wiped off and the unknown ones could've been the "knife seller's", right? RIIIGHTTT, because right after she stabbed him, she grabbed the weapon and carefully and VERY ACCURATELY wiped off ONLY HER prints! What did she use to achieve such accuracy, a Q-tip?
 

Thanks, Eli, for the recap. Wow, they could improve their technique for fingerprinting suspects. Yikes. Next, All I could think of was that Dominga the prison guard was Marta from LFMB: Maribel Fernandez. Looking for trivia makes it easier to watch. Well, let us see how well Maricruz assimilates into the general population tonight with as Eli called her a " blast from the past."

Jarifa
 

Eli- I laughed so much reading your opening paragraph. LOL! Glad you survived the recap.

I didn't watch the episode last night, but I can picture it all. What craziness. I'm surprised that Al's dad is taking the killers side. That the only surprising thing about this episode.

So, instead of pleading self defense, which would mean she'd stand a chance of getting out of jail while her daughter is still a minor, MC prefers to play the stone cold killer so that she will get the max sentence. Ok.

I laughed when I read the cop's theory that MC somehow wiped off her own prints, but not the prints of the person who sold her the knife. What?! OMG!
 

Eli! Your opening is just brilliantly funny! I feel your pain! But you know what? What can we expect from a person with MC's background? She didn't grow up in nor have models of healthy human relationships. Yeah, Gramps loved her and Solita but the 3 Rs and social graces Pop Ale schooled her in for a few months don't make up for what one learns in the give and take, ups and downs of normal human relationships.

Juanita is the common sense and "mother wit" MC could've
had under other circumstances. Juanita is the best thing that ever happened to Lupita. Now that she's taken Lupita to her idiot Dad, let her get the hell
out of Dodge and find some normal human relationships of her own!

Octavio. I don't know what his excuse is. He's just a damned fool: weak willed, spineless and easily manipulated because he doesn't trust his own thoughts
and feelings. The blood flow is definitely misdirected in this idiot.

OK, nobody's perfect but in a telenovela it's not good
for the two leads to become brain dead, contemptible morons when once they incited sparks and flames of passion. Oh well, I guess the idiot side of the scale is really heavy in this little adventure. Loved the recap, Eli, thank you so much!
 

Don't know what happened with the formatting in that comment. I'm anon at 7:43a.m.

Lila
 

@Eli - I feel your pain. I didn't rewatch this episode, but I remember it well. Did you notice at the end, when the priest and JackAss heard the news, that THE PRIEST had a cell phone? Also, they were still in the shack-cum-church he had before MC supposed built him a new church. Que que?!!

By the way, this line had me choking on my hot oatmeal a moment ago: "Someone please tell her how the last chick that wanted revenge in this telenovela ended up." So funny.

I must say that as awful as C.I. has gotten, it is still so entertaining reading all the recaps and comments. But writing a recap....not so much. I feel your pain, Eli. I'm just so glad that I only have one more recap to write. Yay.
 

I really feel your pain Eli. I feel it on my recap day too. Thanks for slogging through it though.

I love the turn of events this has taken because this show is a lost cause anyway, so why not make it the most ridiculous it can be? I truly think that the writers feel this way too.

So MC is surprised that she is sentenced to 30 years for murder. What did she think the sentence would be? It often is a life sentence. Where is Juanita with an alibi for her? Weren't they together when the murder took place?

Remember, on Planet Bizarro you can magically wipe off your fingerprints and leave the rest of them on it.

Old Cathyx would be thinking:
Octavio wavered back and forth when he heard that Lucia mistreated and lied about MC, so why wouldn't he do the same about her killing Al? But didn't Octavio arrive just as the crazy painter guy killed him? Why is there any doubt in his mind that the painter was the killer and not MC?
Why would MC make such a sudden about face over Octavio? Did she forget that she saw Doris and him kissing? Not only an about face, but take the rap for something she didn't do when she used to do anything and everything to protect her daughter from him. Remember she said that no one will ever separate her from her daughter.

New cathyx is thinking:
Who cares? Just pop the popcorn and open the bottle of wine and go along for the ride.





 

And MC's beautiful, long dark tresses at the court hearing suddenly changes to her "salvaje" stringy, brown hairstyle when she enters the women's' prison.
 

I would love to know what the actors were thinking while they were making this show. Did they argue with the writers and director about the plot? Did they just laughingly go along with this? Were they totally embarrassed with the show?
 

Cathyx- When a show is a piece of crap and the ratings are tanking, then everyone is upset, embarrassed and/or gets defensive. But when a show is a piece of crap, BUT the ratings are soaring (like the case with CI), then I don’t think anyone feels embarrassed or the need to criticize their bosses (writers, director, etc.). They just laugh all the way to the bank and the casting couch for the next big show—where they are now a hot commodity since they were just in a popular show.
 

Do you really think that Ana Brenda and Daniel Arenas are pleased with the show because the ratings are all that matters? Most actors care about the quality of the program, not just the monetary gains they make from it. I wonder if they talked to their family about the plot while they were taping and being incredulous over what they have to say and do.
 

I'm sure they joked about it and criticized it in private with friends and family, and maybe each other. (I sure as heck would share a good laugh with my sister if I got those crazy scripts.) But since the media and the fans were fawning over them, I don't think they felt the need to criticize it publicly. And now Daniel is being considered for high profile galan roles, and AB has only increased her asking power.
 

Thanks for the great recap! Obviously neither MC or Tav have watched enough Law and Order to know how to present "reasonable doubt". The fact that both confessed is enough to get them both off. They should be working together to play off each other's confessions and motives.

Oh well. I don't know what to say about tomorrow's previews. MC running into Carola Conseca, not just in the jail, but in her own cell. Too much. I know Vivi, nothing is too much for this show and yet I'm still surprised by it!
 

Daniel Arenas criticizes a lot his character, even now. But most of the cast talked about novela and ratings. Mostly they were saying common phrases. I remember, that Isadora Gonsalez (Simona) in her chat said, that they all knew, that no one like that characters repeat their dialoges every episode, but soon it all will change and bla-bla-bla.
Anyway, I think that this novela helped actors to show their best. Unlike in QBA.
Alegria
 

Eli, you got me to cracking up with your opening paragraph and then your actual recap was every bit as hilarious. Not bad for a short girl.

I thought I was joking yesterday when I said:

"...when you have two confessors to a crime do you really need to cloud the issue with a little detail like fingerprints on the knife?"

The cop said almost the same thing, but he was being serious.

Vivi,

"So, instead of pleading self defense, which would mean she'd stand a chance of getting out of jail while her daughter is still a minor, MC prefers to play the stone cold killer so that she will get the max sentence. Ok."
Well, she doesn't want to besmirch the memory of Mexico's greatest painter since Diego Rivera.

Carlos
 

Like many others I am now just reading the recaps. Thank you to all the folks who write them. Where is Susanlynn have we lost her along the way?

Thank you Eli, you are one of my favs.
 

Mel: I have the same questions about MC's hair. Why is it so different? In both cases, it looks to be her real hair but how can it be so changed? I'd like to know what product they are using when it looks great!
 

Maybe the "bad hair" scenes were all filmed together, then they gave her a "texture management" product along with a dye job and voila! sexi(er) hair! (Sexy hair is in the eyes and hands of the beholder).

Lila
 

Yes Eli, I did enjoy it---well, not Maricruz sitting in jail but I guess that's the way the writers [singular or plural?] want it. LOL it's not funny but you did throw in a few really good lines.---With a good funeral turnout, Miguel would be jealous.
---Let One Cell flip a coin. So funny, he might as well.---The Mexican police department warms our hearts--not. Mexican justice?

Eli---I do think that the alcohol
was getting to you last night, I hope that you are ok this morning.
Mari's prison attire was a medium
to dark gray, not brown.

Anonymous 6:12---you had me laughing. Yes, Maricruz pulled out the Q-tips from her purse and went to work on those fingerprints

Cathyx---Wine and popcorn? I have never done that. Is that the norm on Planet Bizarro?

Carvivlie---You mentioned it yesterday. My answer is yes, it's very hard when you are trying to enjoy a novela and every day you read a mountain, A MOUNTAIN of negative comments.
I have a neighbor who attended USC
Every year he strongly supports USC football. I have been ribbing
him pretty hard about their recent
losses. He sent me an email and all that it said was "never give up." I won't, I won't, I must believe that one day soon Maricruz
and Octavio will be sharing the
"happy ever after."
the gringo


 

Yes Gringo, I'm pretty sure we have a set date for the happy reunion! LOL
 

Morning/afternoon everyone- I'm glad we all survived last nights episode, the recap was hard to write but I just keep telling myself that it's almost over and then we will all be free, free!

Emeraldrose, thank you, you are such a sweetheart!

Everyone, thank you for your kind words!

Gringo- you are right, the booze did get to me!
 

Ah Eli, you're at your best when thoroughly desperate and maybe a wee bit looped. I love visualizing you on the way to the liquor shoppe, then slugging down a few burning gulps, before pounding out this recap.

And I'll bring back Carlos' compliment from many recaps back....
"For a short gal, you sure write tall."

Indeed you do. Thanks.
 

Thanks, Eli, for being a good sport and recapping this....show.

Emerald rose..here I am. How sweet of you to look for me. It is always nice to be missed in real life or in cyberspace. Truth is, life is a little crazy/busy for me , and I am trying to watch two other novelas..Robo and Siempre Amor, so I only surf into this one now and then . I try to read the recaps and comments, but I haven't commented much lately because...I have no words to explain what is unfolding before our eyes.

Cathyx...hmmm...wine and popcorn...I have to try that. Wine makes me sleepy. A doctor acquaintance told me it has to do with the nitrates or nitrites or something . I do like Asti Spumante which doesn't make me quite as sleepy, and I try to have a little red wine each night as part of my wellness program...heh.

Question..do you think that wanting things to make sense is part of our culture ? Do we have a harder time suspending disbelief than some other cultures ?
 

Re MC's hair:
Her hair in prison is believable. If I wash my hair and don't do anything to it and just let it air dry, it looks like that. If I want it to look "tamed" all I do is use leave-in conditioner, blow dry it and either flat-iron it (for super straight) or hot curl it (big curling iron) for wavy. A little spray of olive oil sheen (non-greasy, of course) and voila!

I believe AB's hair in this tn is her own, without the use of extensions (I could be wrong, of course). That's one good thing about this tn - MC and Oct both have a beautiful head of hair!
 

Little fact. An actor, who played a MC's lawyer is Brandon's Peniche cousin in real life. Que ironia.
And one more fact. AB was in hospital during filming this prison episodes. That is why she could look badly.
Alegria
 

Earlier, Ana Brenda said they did her "rough" hair look by braiding it, letting it dry, and then taking out the braids and sort of messing it up. She does have lovely hair.
 

And Eli, I don't think I thanked you for your "desperate" recap. Very entertaining.
 

The photos Alegria showed us way in the beginning of this tn shows ABC getting her hair braided to achieve that salvage look.
 

Vivi in DC, yes. For example
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8385/8675836707_99703c8a73_h.jpg
Alegria
 

@Lila - I'll add to what others have said. AB has naturally gorgeous hair (all hers, no extensions); so the "management" and hard work are required to make it look BAD, not the other way around.
 

I can'tfigure outwhy One Cell's fingerprints are on the knife. Both my husband and I said, "Now the dimwit will pick up the knive," when Octavio found the body but then he didn't. How did the prints get on the knife? Did he use it to cut cheese at the gallery show?
 

Thanks Eli, wonderful recap.
Gringo, I'm with you 200 percent about "these negative comments" especially of the main heroine of the story. This is the only tn so far that I have seen that the bloggers so vehemently dislike the heroine. She is now in her lowest point of her life and like a dead horse she is still beaten.
A lot of heroines are usually not perfect too and I agree that MC is largely imperfect but none give her compassion or sympathy for how she has ended now. She is really a tragic Greek character. This is just me. Why do the bloggers think all the antagonists here such as Lucia, Simona, Doris are even considered with such a change in character as to be saintly(Simona) and given good reason for being bad and evil(the tumor in her brain), etc.etc. Why Lucia was killed so early.....Frankly, no matter if they say Awfelia is a very loyal maid, I still say she can go to hell. Oh well, Gringo, I am with you, I have faith in MC only, I wish she could end up with a good man to love and support her and not necessarily Octavio.
I also watch "Revenge" and sometimes her revenge goes awry but it is a "Revenge" novella so I just follow what she will do next.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder