Friday, December 06, 2013

Por siempre mi amor #5 12/6/13

Scenes are combined and condensed as much as I could. There was lots of information tonight.
Lo Refrito
  • Isa cries to Gaby-“He couldn’t have been faking! No man can fake that for so long without feeling something!”
  •  Dominika gets her BSC on- “I killed her!” “It worked!” “Arturo will be mine!” 
  • Arturo breaks the news to Aranza- “llantos!”

Lo Nuevo
Casa de Tita
Tita has gotten the news. Tita and Bruno both can’t believe she is gone. She was so young and full of life. They were just celebrating with her! Tita wonders how Arturo is holding up and asks about Aranza. Bruno will take care of the velorio and other things. Tita says Arturo will need them more than ever. Tita sends Bruno off to take his bath and says she will take care of things. She has a good cry.

Casa de los Von Ferdinand before they sold it to los Balvanera who sold it to Los De La Riva (who put a new porch on it)
Lucha gets Aranza ready for the velorio. Aranza asks “I’m never ever going to see Mom again?” Arturo asks her not to think of it like that, rather remember that her mother is in heaven and will always be with her to take care of her. Aranza wonders why her mom had to die and not her. Arturo doesn’t have a good answer, even he doesn’t understand. All he knows is that Eugenia was the best wife and mother. Aranza wants to know why she died then if she was so good? Arturo thinks it’s perhaps because she was an angel and God needed her to help Him in heaven. Aranza just wants her mother with her. Arturo assures Aranza that he loves her and that she is the best gift God could have given him. Sonia comes in promising she’ll always be with them offering her love and support. Creepy.

Velorio Parte Uno
Lucha leads the Hail Mary. Sonia’s mean-girl friends marvel at Sonia’s luck. Her cousin has died leaving the way clear for Sonia to get to Arturo. And look, she’s acting like Arturo’s wife. (One girl is named Lucero. I can’t fathom that these two are that important. They carry themselves more like the B cast bit players.) They are interrupted by the arrival of…dunh dunh dunnnnh!!!! Osvaldo, the padre of Arturo! Tita seems to know him and exclaims “¡Caigamos en la oración!” (I’m thinking it’s idiomatic, but my first WordReference search didn’t produce anything and I’m too lazy to research it further.) Doc and Bruno wonder who told him about the velorio and both hope that he’s come “en son de paz.” Sonia approaches and makes super nice when she finds out who he is and offers to find Arturo. Bruno introduces himself. Osvaldo remembers Tita well even though it’s been a while. She digs at him for being out of Arturo’s life for so long and Bruno scolds her, but she’s only telling the truth. Osvaldo asks about the little girl. Tita explain it’s his nieta and she’s 9. Doesn’t he want to get to know her?

Casa Arte
Isa is done crying. She’s not going to waste anymore tears on F-no (but throughout the episode she continues to weep…sans histrionics. Kudos, Ms. G.) She needs to distract herself and not think about things. The blurred Home Depot sign is distracting me. Would that help, Isa? Gaby points out the newspaper picture. Isa now understands why F-no was so camera shy. The secretary reminds them about the lady who wants to see them. Isa hopes it’s a new client. It’s just the thing to keep her minds off things. Viewerville knows very well who it is and what she has to say. Hey, at least Isa. won’t be thinking about the robbery any more. Isa and Gaby go into Isa’s office where Andrea and her youngest child are waiting. She saw Isa’s photo in the paper and that it said Isa was married to Fernando Cordova. She has come to show Isa all the documentation showing that she and F-no are married and have been for 10 years. He is the father of both her children!

At the pool hall of Scuzbucketry
F-no is playing pool with the Nameless Naco (Seriously, who the hell is this guy? Edit: Vivi filled in this blank. His name is Gonzalo.) F-no wants the passports ready before the fake paperwork for the fake house purchase (I think.) Nameless Naco asks how F-no plans to get the rest of Isa’s money. F-no says like he always does: by sweet-talking her. Besides, she’s so dumb she hasn’t even noticed he stole checks from her. (Oh you are on my list, buddy.) Nameless Naco figures the accountant has noticed, but F-no assures him that by the time Isa figures it out, he, Sonia and Nameless will be long gone and enjoying the millions from his “amada mujer.” They shoot the mierda about the other victim from Mérida. Boy that chick’s brother was hot about his sister getting bilked. F-no figures they can live high off the hog for about six months and he’ll need to find another mark. He thinks he needs to go international and try a colombiana. Sleazeball.

Back at Casa Arte- Andrea’s tale of Woe
In answer to Gaby’s question about the documents, Andrea explains she has no reason to lie. She and F-no have been married for ten years. She got pregnant and they married. 2 years ago, he came back and said he was buying a house and they would all live together like a family. She believed him and she got pregnant again. Wait, that means he fathered the youngest one while he and Isa were married!!! Isa asks if F-no has taken care of the children. Andrea tells her no and that she lives with her demon mother from hell, works in a hospital as an afanadora (menial worker/cleaner) and sells candy on the streets. Gaby can’t understand why Andrea would believe the house BS if he hadn’t taken care of them for years. Andrea explains she was in love and that F-no has a way of saying things to make you believe him. Isa knows that tune.

Isa apologizes for Gaby’s questions. It’s just that Gaby is her friend and was trying to protect her. Andrea uses NovelaMaven’s favorite (past subjunctive) and laments “Si tuviera una amiga asi, tambien me defenderia “ (If I had a friend like that, she would defend me too.)

They continue the chat. Little Esteban is 9. Gaby does some quick math and concludes that Andrea must have been pretty young when she got pregnant with him. Andrea confides that she got pregnant when she was 16 and F-no was 24 (FYI, if you are watching MPV you know that the word for this is estupro. I’m sure you need this in your Spanish arsenal.) F-no only married her to avoid jail time. Andrea doesn’t even know if she still loves him. She knows she was stupid. Andrea wanted to tell Isa all this so he wouldn’t do to Isa what he did to her. (Too late.) Isa says they were both his victims. Gaby thinks there are other victims. How else did he get all that money he had when they first met? Surely he sweet talked some other woman and robbed her, too.

Andrea is shocked. Isa tells her about the robbery and Gaby says they are going to press charges. Andrea doesn’t want the father of her children thrown in jail, but Gaby thinks the best thing would be for F-no to be as far out of their lives as possible. Andrea provides copies of the documents for Isa. Isa asks Andrea to leave her contact info with her secretary. Isa feels so bad for Andrea and her children. She wants to help her somehow for having helped open her eyes about F-no. She isn’t going to put up with it. She’s going to press charges for fraud, bigamy and theft.

Velorio Parte Dos
Arturo wants to know why dad is there. Doc Elias is sure his father just wants to pay his respects. Arturo wishes he would just go. Arturo doesn’t want to see him, but Elias asks him to put his pride aside and talk to dad. Do it for the memory of Eugenia. Dad has taken the first step. Talk to him. Eugenia would have loved for them to reconcile.

Tita introduces Aranza to her Abuelo. Aranza wants to know why she doesn’t know him. Tita sweetly explains that adults can pitch little baby fits, too and for a while he and her dad didn’t talk, but Tita expects the anger has passed. Aranza asks if he still loves her dad and explains that of course he does. Parents always love their children. They hug. Arturo arrives and for while I thought he was really going to show his butt, but he doesn’t. Osvaldo hopes it’s not too late to mend fences. He never intended for them to grow so far apart. He asks for, begs for his son’s forgiveness for being a judgmental, prejudiced jerk. They shake hands. Whew. I knew Arturo was a good guy.

Later, Tita checks out Osvaldo. Tampoco se cuece al primer hervor, aunque a su edad no está de mal ver. (he ain’t no spring chicken, but he doesn’t look too bad for his age!) Her heart is in mourning…but her eyes aren’t! Tita thinks Sonia is like a vulture circling Arturo and Bruno needs to protect Arturo from him.

The Best Part EVAR!!!!
Gaby, Isa and the housekeeper are putting all of F-no’s belongings in plastic bags. He comes home and asks if they are moving. No, Isa informs him. We aren’t moving…YOU are. She shows him the copies of the documents. He tries to explain. She tells him to GET OUT. You can take your things or I can throw it out the window. He starts his sweet talk again and gets a slap for his efforts (I only give it a 4. It was kind of a disappointment.) Oh, and the car is MINE and you can leave the keys to MY apartment with ME! He thinks she will change her mind tomorrow. She tosses him out, sinks to the floor, calls him a stupid bastard and cries. Gaby comes back and offers to stay with her, but Isa just wants to be alone.
Other stuff:
  • Minerva’s friend accuses her of faking the bad knee to guilt trip Andrea. She wonders why Minerva hates her daughter so much, but Minerva says it’s between her and God. How mysterious! 
  • Sonia and her witchy little friends bad mouth Eugenia. Eugenia knew Sonia wanted Arturo. 
  • Andrea admits to Minerva how right she was and Minerva is an asp (I want to say something else, but venomous snake names will do.) Minerva can’t believe Andrea didn’t even try to get some money out of Isabel. (I don’t even think Andrea is really Minerva’s) 
  • Bruno’s hair looks really weird. 
  • Aranza didn’t want to eat with Tita, but accepted Sonia’s invite. Sonia’s influence over Aranza is going to frustrate me. 
  • Tita is going to arrange a dinner on neutral territory for Arturo and Osvaldo. 
  •  Aranza may think of Tita as her abuela…but Tita has never allowed the girl to call her such (Just so Osvaldo is clear.) 
  • F-no thinks Isa is that into him and he can win back her confidence. 
  •  Isa throws the one ring into the fires of Mordor (and I think that lipstick glows in the dark…or my TV need adjusting.) 
Avances 
  • The funeral 
  • Sonia will stand by her man
  •  F-no pays a visit to Andrea and his smarmy smile says he’s going to try to charm her again.

Labels:


Comments:
Sorry that took so long.
 

Sara:

No need for apologies, this whole recap is a gem and sparkles with your asides. Thank you so much!

I liked Andrea talking to Isa. That was really great and they are on the same page. I can't stand Minerva, and I think she's been leading Andrea along with that "pain" in her leg. I wonder too if Andrea is really Minerva's? I too think that Isa will help Andrea out. I think they would be great friends.

Really liking Gaby. She really is a good friend to Isa.

I hope Eugenia haunts Sonia. I am so glad that Tita has figured out what Sonia is all about. I hope Tita stands in Sonia's way a lot. I too don't like the influence that Sonia has over Aranza.

I really liked the slap that Isa gave Fer-no, love that name : ) I know it wasn't that good, but she gave him everything she had at the time. It's too funny that he thinks she has it really bad for him. Wait till he finds out she knows all about his stealing her money and she knows the house was a con. He is very stupid for a con man, I must say.

I liked the convo that Tita and Osvoldo had. They would make a great couple that's for sure.

Thanks for the shout out to Los Balveneras ; ) I really miss that house and the Big Angel.

Thanks so much for this marvelous recap!
 

Spectacular Sara.

This was fantastic! So enjoyed "Dominika gets her BSC on", "At the pool hall of Scuzbucketry" and of course "Isa throws the one ring into the fires of Mordor" - most excellent.

Beyond that, I loved your comments, especially "can’t fathom that these two are that important. They carry themselves more like the B cast bit players" and "I don’t even think Andrea is really Minerva’s)" (I think you may be right or if she is, a child of rape - no spoiler, only speculation). Insightful and well stated.

When Minerva appears, I instantly cringe. A spectre of loathsomeness.

Isa channeled her hurt and anger in the right direction - and while ITA Sara the slap was not all it could have been, at least she did it. Having "Fer-no" preen and revel in his deluded, cocky assertion that Isa loves him and will reconsider made me nauseous.

So sad that the only support Andrea has is from her bigamist husband's latest victim. Isa was kind and caring to her - we know Isa will survive but what will become of Andrea?

Madelaine, Tita was on the mark with Sonia, wasn't she? Sonia will now try and insinuate herself in Aranza's life even further, to exploit the child to get close to Arturo.

Alejandro Ruiz (to me) is almost unrecognizable here. His facial expressions, speech - just about everything. He has always played the devoted friend, loving husband and I like this change of pace role for him. All of the supporting players are very strong here.

Looks like poor Andrea is menaced on Monday. Not looking forward to seeing that.

Thanks again Sara. This was wonderful.

Diana
 

Sara C:

What a wonderful recap. It was a true pleasure to read. I want to particularly compliment you on it's brevity—and thoroughness. I find my own recaps are getting too long so I will take your's today as a marvelous inspiration to tighten up the story telling.

Diana I, too, love Alejandro Ruiz. It is very funny to see Tita treat him as though he was a seven year old boy and not a grown man. I guess his extra dark hair (not appealing) in these early epis is to allow for his aging a bit later on. I am enjoying seeing him in this city setting and not as the poor campesino.

Mads: I cannot stand F-O,as I will choose to modify his name, but of course we are supposed to hate so hideous a character. I cannot figure out how we are going to keep him in the picture if he goes to jail for his many crimes. Hmmm.

Thanks again, Sara, for this recap.

EJ
 

Great work, Sara.

Fer-no will not go to jail right away because he can't do much damage from there. Does he have any relatives who will try to prevent him being arrested?

I spotted Minerva as a fake about that injury from her first episode. Whether Andrea is a product of rape, incest, both, or not hers at all, we will have to hear the answer to that fairly soon. They look enough alike to be related, but perhaps -- like in ENDA -- she is actually the child of a hated sibling. Another couple of bingo squares there.

Sonia is really disgusting they way she was all over Arturo at the funeral scene. Her Karmageddon will be intense.
 

F-no brilliant name and I vote we keep it especially since we can insert mentally three letters which truly describe how we feel about him.

Another big Alejandro Ruiz fan here. Have been one since Esmerelda where he was incredible. The hair is weird but I suspect that will change when we leap forward in time.

I too suspect that nice Andrea can't possibly be that witch Minerva's. Hateful to her "daughter" is one thing but to her grandchildren as well — unconscionable.

Art and his father — nice scene and he needs the old man to help him through the hell that is to come. Sonia is typically BSC. I always wonder why these characters automatically assume that once they get rid of a rival the poor dumb dunce will be theirs, of course in TN land that tends to be true at least for a while.

Am really enjoyiung this one and am in it for the long run.
 

Everyone-Thank you for your kind words. It has been quite a while since I recapped and I admit I had some *ahem* performance anxiety last night.

IRT Alejandro Ruiz-I actually had to look him up. I discovered he was the ill fated Nazario in STuD. Alas, I started watching STuD after his demise. (STuD was my first TN, but I learned of Caray when I tried and failed to watch Pasion.)

Mads-I miss a AV sometimes,too!

Diana-I am glad you enjoyed "The Pool Hall of Scuzbucketry." I confess that I rather liked it, too. I think the back and forth between Tito and Os will be fun to watch.

EJ-I appreciate your compliment, but I fear my "brevity" is a symptom of my mediocrity. I simply do not have the literary skills many of my fellow recappers have. And please forgive me for the moniker I chose for Isa's low-down husband. I just couldn't help myself.

Urban-It will be interesting to find out what the relationship is between Minerva and Andrea. If they truly are mother and daughter I will be shocked simply because she is so downright awful to the nietos. As Decie said, that's just wrong.

Decie-Ah, you've outed me. You know exactly what I was thinking when I came up with F-no. And I loved your assessment of the antagonist's thought process! I just hope Arturo doesn't turn out do be too dumb of a dunce.

I really hope the show continues in the direction it's going (well-written, subtly acted, few beanie moments) and that the producer doesn't chase ratings.
 

Sara, this one is before your viewing time, but there was a novela in the '90s called Agujetas de Color de Rosas which began when a grandmother has a will forged to leave all her son's wealth to herself, forcing his widow and three children into poverty. That one blew my mind.

Literature and telenovelas are loaded with toxic parents, just like life.
 

Sara

Great minds work alike. LOL

All those scenes between F-no and his naco frind made me wonder if there was kind of a gay thing between them. The vibe is odd.
 

Great recap, Sara!

I love F-No. Just perfect for that jerk! I really hope he doesn't get the chance to hurt Andrea, per the previews. Poor girl has been through enough. I just noticed when she was in Isa's office how blue Andrea's eyes are-- like her youngest son's eyes. I too wonder why Grandma Meanie hates her and her grandkids so much. I'm also thinking that Andrea was the product of rape, or something. I really hope Isa offers Andrea a job and some help, and fast.

F-No's accomplice is named Gonzalo.

I'm really glad Tita and Bruno are on to Sonia's game. I really don't think Art is stupid enough to fall into Sonia's trap, but grief can make people do stupid things. Aranza, on the other hand, is young and vulnerable and it'll be easy for Sonia to warp her mind.
 

Oh, and best line of the episode-- My heart's mourning, but my eyes aren't. Go Tita!
 

Decie Girl-Oh, we definitely think alike because I'm getting the same vibe about F-no and Gonzalo (thanks for a name, Vivi!!)

Vivi-I can see F-no giving Andrea all kinds of crap, but I'm hoping she, Isa and Gaby form a strong bond to fight against the evil that is F-no.

Tita is going to be a great character, especially if they keep writing great lines for her.
 

Ha! Maybe we can call Gonzalo "G-lo Worm"
 

Sara this was terrific! I loved "Minerva is an asp". She really is venomous. I wonder if Andrea could be a child who was left in her care somehow.

It's funny we know nothing of Eugenia's background. I thought Tita was her mother and Bruno her hermano, but that isn't the case. Wonder if she could somehow be related to Andrea? We do know that Arturo's family considered Eugenia beneath their station. Maybe Andrea and Eugenia were sisters?
 

I am confused about Tita and Bruno. I, too, thought that they were Eugenia's family. Are they just friends or family of the family ?
 

We know that Sonia was Eugenia's cousin, so we do know a bit about Eugenia's family.

But neither she nor Sonia appear to have blood relatives alive. Sonia relies on her stepfather, so it seems that both her bio-dad and bio-mom are dead. And there has been no mention of Eugenia having living parents. Tita took on the role of mother for her.

The actress who played Eugenia, Luz Maria (Luzma) Zatina, is a former Miss Mexico (not a surprise). She did a few telenovelas after her reign ended, like many of the former beauty queens we often see in our tns. She semi-retired when she married a Televisa exec and started having kids, then worked as a tv host for various shows and talk shows, and has starred in a number of tv series (much like our limited episode multi-season shows) including a very successful one called Sexo y Otros Secretos (S.O.S)--- Susana Gonzalez was in the cast. Basically, I don't think she's interested in doing telenovelas, other than these small guest roles. But since her hubby works for Televisa, let's hope he convinces her to do a few more tn appearances.
 

Susanlynn- Yes. Tita and Bruno are friends of Eugenia and Art. But they are so close that they consider them family. In the first episode, Eugenia said that Tita is like a mother to her, and Bruno like a brother.
 

Thanks Vivi! I also couldn't figure out if Tito and Bruno were friends or relatives. Now you've explained they were in essence, both. You always know all of the details as well as the sometimes complicated relationship threads. Sincerely appreciate your explaining this.

Diana
 

Thanks for filling in all the blanks, Vivi. I knew Tita, Doc and Bruno were not blood relatives but the only family Eugenia really knew. I'm sorry I didn't clarify better.

I know it's early*, but I like that there seems to be many story possibilities. I just hope that we aren't left with a lot of loose ends at the Fin.

*As the weekend discussion illustrates, how a novela starts and how it ends are two very different things. LOL.
 

Thanks, Vivi..We can always count on that steel trap of a mind that you have. I wonder if Ana Martin is wearing a wig ? it's odd that the short, gray hair actually makes her look younger than her usual longer dark haired look.

like so many of you, I like the actor playing Bruno. He usually plays a good guy and has often been cast as the best friend of the galan in many novelas .
 

Thank you Sara C---loved your recap.

Yes the Balvanera house I thought it was. Just a new paint job I guess.

Can anyone imagine being raised by Minerva? She is sure hard on Andrea.

I'm a lot slower than most of you guys, I'm still trying to put the cast together. I keep reading the name Aranza. Help! Who is Aranza?

I had found out that Eugenia was actually Luz Maria Zatina. I didn't know that she was a former Miss Mexico. It's no wonder that she is so appealing.

When Isabel was fighting with
Fer-no last night, I kept singing the song "Hit The Road Jack" and don't come back no more, no more
no more, no more in my mind. I'll get her back. What a scumbag.
the gringo
 

Gringo- Aranza is Art and Eugenia's daughter.

Art and Eugenia live in the Balvanera house, and Tita and Bruno live in Roy the Boy's house. Obviously the folks who rented out the fronts and grounds of their houses to the Amores Verdaderos crew wanted to continue to earn some money and made a deal with the Por Siempre crew. :)
 

I didn't even realize Tita's house was Roy's house!
 

Yes thanks Vivi, I had just figured out Aranza but you are fast. I couldn't get back in time.

Yes---I guess that they are making a lot of money off of that house.
I can't wait for Monday to see what comes next. This is shaping up really nice. I still miss Eugenia but I guess if she stayed on, we wouldn't have the story that we do.
the gringo
 

One fix,the accomplice of Ferny is named Gonzalo,the meanie granny is Minerva.Just wanted to point that out.
 

xlntperuvian-Thank you! I'm glad you liked the asp comment. In real life I curse like a sailor, so I try to keep it at least PG13 here. I often recommend the site to AP Spanish students and their parents when they ask how they can improve listening comprehension (With the caveat that the parent should check out the shows/site first since TNs can get racy. Actually,I recommend the site to anyone who will listen lol.

gringo-I think your suggestion for F-no's theme song is spot on.

Demetrios-I will go back and add Gonzalo's name. Thank you.
 

OOOPS

And UA-Didn't you do a toxic parent weekend discussion once? If so I will have to go back and peruse it. I will be interested to see where Minerva falls on the Index of Parent Toxicity. In my book Carlota in ENDA is the most toxic just for what she did to the dog.
 

Sara ~ What do you mean by toxity,the villians actually poisoning people? Because i havent seen Minerva( Granny Meanie) poison anything. And yes, Carlota is quite a toxic one,she used belladona tea to poison/kill people and who knows what other toxins she used.
 

I am not being literal when I say toxic, just metaphoric. By "toxic" I mean they "poison" people by mistreating them or abusing them emotionally. Being cruel to a child can cause emotional problems that lead to unhealthy behaviors (drugs, alcohol abuse, promiscuity.) I hope that helps.
 

Sara~ Well Carlota was toxic by personality as well but not the most i think,Catalina Creel( the main villian of Cuna de Lobos ) would win the "toxity" contest,she lied to her entire family that she lost sight on one of her eyes but in fact her vision was perfect.. We have yet to see Meanies true toxity.
 

I have not seen Cuna de Lobos and I am afraid to get the DVD because they usually do such a terrible editing job on them. I'v heard it's amazing.
 

I never saw Cuna de Lobos but it seems to be held up as a standard of excellence for everything else. I know they tried to remake it a couple of years ago and scaped it becuase of the uproar if I'm not wrong. It had a blockbuster cast of real aactors not just pretty people.
 

Woo Hoo! Miss Sara is recapping again!

Even though I'm on the fence about this one, I had to stop by and tell you how delighted I am that we now have your snappy, jazzy recaps weekly. [And it doesn't hurt that you teach us a little Spanish too!]

You are my hero of the PITHY!

I love your style -- you tell us what we need to know but you always pepper the story with your Saraesque observations ("I can’t fathom that these two are that important. They carry themselves more like the B cast bit players." or "Sonia comes in promising she’ll always be with them offering her love and support. Creepy.")

Thank you for this superb recap. (Or at least I think I thank you. Maybe I should be saying "DRAT YOU" for this come-hither recap --the last thing I need right now is to get hooked on ANOTHER novela -- ask Mr. Maven, if you don't believe me.)
 

Yes, there were discussions of toxic parents a while back, with two Dirty Dozens. The two articles lead off on this page.

I'm going to check the file and start off a new list of toxic mothers.

Sara, e-me.
 

Thank you for your thorough recap, Sara.
I thought that the house looked familiar-"Casa de Los Ferdinand before they sold it to Los Balvanera who sold it to Los De La Riva..."
I'm with you Madelaine- I miss Big Angel more than the house - LOL
Include me in liking the name F- no camp. It's so appropriate.
Your character descriptions are phenomenal - Minerva as an asp- you hit it on the head.
Great job!!!!
 

Novela Maven-Thank you. You are always so kind to me. I completely understand the "too many novelas" woes. I'm juggling 3 1/2 at the moment (one is CI...since I really don't pay close attention anymore I figure it's just a half.)

UA-Thank you for the link!

Tablet Jefa/Fearless Leader-Thank you for your praise! I'm so happy to be recapping again and this show is starting out so well. My fellow recappers are so talented and I think this is going to be a lot of fun!


 

My guess about Fern-o is that he does what he does because he gets off on fleecing people, especially women. Having to do this every six months requires a level of planning and risk that most intelligent people would think insane, especially in a person who is intelligent enough to have an actual job.
 

Am I the only one wondering why he even bothered with Andrea? She had nothing when they met and I would assume by 24 his activities as an estafador had already begun at least on a small scale. I guess it was just a simple matter of meeting certain *ahem* needs but she got pregnant.
 

Sara, yes, I wondered about the F-no /Andrea match? it seems she had only one thing for him to take. I cannot stand him. What a lazy, conceited , unprincipled bum. Bleeeccchhh.
 

What a lazy, conceited , unprincipled bum. Bleeeccchhh.

Perfect description.

Hey Decie Girl- More evidence to back up our weird vibe: What possible reason could the lazy, conceited, unprincipled bum have for keeping Gonzalo around, hmmmmm????? What could Gonzalo possibly offer, hmmm???
 

A pretty 16 year old virgin...I'm sure F-No was perfectly content to toy with Andrea for awhile. That is..until she got pregnant and her mom threatened to have him thrown in jail.
 

The younger Fern-o was probably one of those insecure males who didn't consider himself a man until he knocked somebody up.
 

Hmmm...bromance or does F-no just like having someone to boost to about how successful he is at deceiving and defrauding innocent women ? Loser.
 

I can hear your contempt, Susanlynn! Can you hear mine?.... What a tool.
 

Yeah, UA I can just see him preening about knocking her up.
 

Sara..I always find it amazing how a few typed words can convey exactly what someone is feeling. contempt...excellent word..so precise...a word full of meaning.

How do guys like F-no live with themselves ? I just watched a special about Warren Jeff's. He makes F-no look like a saint.
 

One word: Sociopath. No empathy, no conscience.
 

F-no does seem to like Sonia and isn't fleecing her. I want to see that story unfold. The two of them in cahoots is going to mean major boat rocking.

I've been thinking about AdP since this one started. How long did we have the children and back story before the time jump? Do you think the time jump will be this week?
 

Sara C~ Not major spoilers but the time skip takes long in this novela like 20 episodes..Its the longest time skip i seen in an novela.
 

Thanks, Demetrios! I'm not disappointed by that news...as long as it doesn't feel like it's dragging. One of my complaints about TNs is sometimes it seems like they don't take the time to really develop anything between the protas. I can't wait to see what this week brings. This and MVP have really got my attention!
 

I'm also glad to hear that the time jump will take a while because: 1) I like the child actors; 2) Isabel and Art have a heck of a lot of heartache to overcome before they'll be ready to find love with each other; and 3) There are a whole lot of issues to resolve, like F-No getting thrown in jail for his crimes (I hope!).
 

I agree about the time jump for all the reasons you mentioned but especially 2 and 3, though I have a hard time believing he will actually serve his time.

I am not a fan of the super fast time jump because it is dificult for me to change mental gears so quickly. I know they tell me it's años después, but it's still usually to fast for me to really believe it.
 

I hate the instant time jump. You're looking at a couple of kids, then notice 10 years later and two adults who usually don't look like anything the kids would grow up to be and the story goes on. It is always too abrupt.

We need to see more of how Sonia is obviously going to manipulate Aranza to hate Isabel and how she is going to trap Art. Since we have no idea how long this TN will go they can wait for the time jump until well into the new year as far as I'm concerned.

F-no serve time — not a chance it hell at this point. Loathe him as we do he is too pivotal a character to hustle of to the carcel right now. As a super villain both he and Sonia have to have lots of novela time to do their nastiness and really earn a gigantic anvil fate.
 

In 2001 the time jump occurred just before the middle of Salome with Guy Ecker and Edith Gonzales. Up to then I was used to the time jump happening on or before episode 10. I can handle 20 episodes.
 

After i posted it crossed my mind how to F-no and Sonia happen to know each other. He certainly didn't come from the same social class as she seems to. We suspect that Eugenia wasn't from the same class as Art so her cousin wouldn't be either. But F-no would seem to have come from much farther down the scale especially when we look at Sonia's step father.
 

F-No must have an ego as high as Mt. Everest. How does he do what he does? He's not handsome and those glasses. Yikes!

Right---with all of the brain power it must take to pull off his cons, he could either own or be running a Company.
the gringo
 

Sara C. said:
"EJ-I appreciate your compliment, but I fear my "brevity" is a symptom of my mediocrity."

I had to respond to this, Sara C. because I think your line of thinking is WAY OFF. I really like the way you approach the write up of these recaps. I'm a Viewerville Newbie. I am thrilled that you and the others have the time and dedication to provide ANYTHING for us out here.

I do not expect some creative piece of work each and every recap. I certainly enjoy them and, what the hey, I'm even educated enough to "get" all of the literary/linguistic references and what not, but I don't expect that of the wonderful recappers each and every time.

Stop selling yourself short and know that your writing skills and talent are so appreciated. :))

Fatima
 

gringo...I am with you. I find it hard to believe that the beautiful Isabel could/would fall for a guy who is a smary flatter like F-no just because he throws some "Guaypas.", her way. I am sure that many men think she is beautiful and tell her so.
In fact, I said to myself, " F-NO !!!!! Isabel could/would never fall for a conceited , fawning con man like F-no!!!!"

I also agree that if he had channeled the time and effort it took to bamboozle lovely Isa, he could have been a success at something legitimate...perhaps earned several advanced degrees.
 

That's flatterer...I missed the last "er""
 

And that's "smarmy"...sorry, I am hurrying. I have finals to correct,
 

If Fernando isnt the worst husband of the year material then i dont know what he is.. But Isabel and Andrea both not noticing something is wrong with their marriage,i have to question their sanity ,they are worse then Oblivio.
 

And they were married to him for like 5 or more years and they noticed nothing,
 

I truly believe that Andrea is a product of rape. I just don't see the selfish, nasty, cruel grandchild-hating Minerva taking in anybody else's baby, even a sister. Although we haven't seen it yet, I'm wondering if she is one of those "ultra religious" snakes-in-the-grass who twists her point of view into something "The Lord" has told her to do and that would be the only reason she didn't get an abortion?

IMO, F-No WILL go to prison right away and the way they will keep him in the story will be with the time jump. He will probably be newly released and out for revenge.
 

Anon 3:23- Yeah. There is SO much evidence against F-No that I don't see how he would avoid prison. I also think the time jump will be while he's imprisoned.
 

Fatima-You are so very kind and I admit I got a little teary eyed. Your words are very appreciated. I can't even begin to tell you how much I admire my fellow recappers and I wish I had half the brilliant mind, sparkling wit as they do. I wish I had the ability to see the literary connections they do. Alas, I work with teen agers so I tend to just resort to catty snark. I'm afraid I am a victim of the green-eyed monster when it comes to the recappers here. They are amazing.

Anon3:23 and Vivi-I've been thinking about F-no and the carcel and I've decided to change my mind. Though this morning I didn't think he would possibly got to jail, the returning at some future date bent on revenge is a more likely scenario.

Anon3:23- I think you are right about Minerva. Has there been mention of Andrea's dad? If not rape, could he be just another Fernando who left Minerva pregnant and alone? Could we have another Bernarda a la TdA on our hands?
 

Susanlynn- I am the queen of typos and wrong words. No te preocupes. (I'm looking at a mis-typed phrase in my above comment right now.)

My heart goes out to you at finals time. I will be in that boat next week.
 

OMIGOSH FEernandO=FEO! Perfect and fast to type. :-)
 

Good nicknames so far for two of our villains. But we don't have one for Sonia, yet.

Fernando= F-No; Fe-O
Minerva/Mine= Grandma Meanie
Sonia= ?
 

Sonia - So-ya! (Spanglish for "So, ya callate!")
 

So-long-ya ????
 

Sara C. I meant every word I said. You have more talent than you even realize. Whenever you need a little "pick me up", I'll be right here to remind you!

Fatima :)
 

Oh my gosh!! FEO! That is perfecto. Yessiree Bob, that is THE NAME for this ugly jerk.

Demetrios, ITA. What in the world were these women thinking when they hooked up with this loser?!

Fatima
 

I Co sign feo for Fernando. He's good looking but his tan makes him look like a George Hamilton reject or Pigpen from Peanuts but his deeds are UGLY.

How about Sucia for Sonia. I feel like showering every time I see her trying to touch Art and when she says Art will be all hers and she did kill her cousin.
 

If anyone doesnt know,the actor who potrays Gonzalo,Fransisco Rubio potrayed Vicente Bustamante in La Dos Caras De Ana..
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder