Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Por siempre mi amor #6 12/9/13: We're All Just Here to Help

From last time: Andrea sobs as she tells Grandma Meanie that F-No is married to another woman. A rich woman. Meanie browbeats Andrea about how stupid she is. She should take her kids and move out.

F-No tells Gonzo that he's been outed as a bigamist. But not to worry. Isabel is dumb and in love with me. All is well.

Isabel watches her wedding pictures burn in the fireplace. Her ring is in the fire too. We don't get to see the phony thing melt.

The new: It's morning. Eugenia's casket is lowered into the grave. The family, including Osvaldo, tosses white roses onto the casket. Arturo kneels, clutches Aranza close to himself, and in front of the sobbing and grief-stricken group, slowly drops a handful of soil into the grave. The priest sprinkles Holy Water on the casket. Arturo and Aranza remember their last happy night with Eugenia. Dirt falls on the casket. Aranza weeps silently. More dirt falls. Osvaldo shakes his head. Sonia keeps her eyes on the prize. This she-dog is just getting started.

Back at the house after the funeral Aranza clings to her papa. She doesn't want to let him go, she misses her mama so much. Sonia tells Aranza she needs to change her clothes since the dress she has on will always remind her of her mother's funeral. You don't want to remember this sad day. You want to think happy thoughts about your Mama. Sonia convinces Aranza to go upstairs with Lucha and Gabino. Sonia's wasting no time putting her plan into motion. She turns to Arturo, "I know how Aranza feels. You remember that I lost my mother at a young age too. I think I can help her." He thanks her for understanding and offering to help. They hug.

Sonia heads upstairs and stops next to Aranza's bedroom door. Lucha is talking to Aranza and reassuring her; reminding her of her family and all the love she has around her. When she mentions Sonia Aranza thinks back to the backyard camp-out and Sonia's wandering hands. "I miss my Mom. Can you and Gabino take me to live in your hometown? I don't want to live here without my Mama."

Sonia has heard enough and turns in disgust, "I don't want you here either you meddlesome brat."

Arturo is placing all his wedding photos and mementos in a box. He looks at Eugenia's wedding band, his own larger band surrounding it. "Why did you leave me Eugenia? Why?" He places both rings in a small cloth bag, kisses it, puts it in the box and closes the lid. "You'll live forever in my memories, my love."

  Next day: Gabi comes into the office cheerfully waving a folder. "I'm here to help you get your mind off your sadness and your troubles, Amiga! What you need is a trip! Acapulco, Puerto Azul, Cancun! Sun and beaches!" Well if Isabel won't go then I'm with you girlfriend. It's been freezing here and a warm beach sounds so fine. But no, Isabel won't go. Her work is her escape. She looks at her watch. "I'm going to be late!" She asks Gabi to come along with her on some unfinished business.

They go to Andrea's house. The kids are snacking on popcorn. Forgive me, but should the little one be eating popcorn? I remember giving my little sister popcorn when she was about the same age and she almost choked on it. My mother slapped the snot out of me for giving her popcorn. Estaban introduces himself then takes Angelito to play in the other room. Isabel tells Andrea, "We're here to help you and your hijos. " Andrea looks skeptical. Isabel thanks her for opening her eyes to that rat-bastard F-No. "We want to offer you a job and a scholarship to a good school for Esteban."

Sonia & Arturo face each other on the couch. Sonia, determined to get her catch, dangles the bait. "Aranza needs someone feminine around to guide her through this difficult time. I think I've come up with something that will help all of us. If it's alright with you, I could move in and look after her." "No, Sonia. I can't ask you to do that. It would be hard on you." Now she tugs on the line. "For me the most important thing in my life is that you are okay. All three of us are suffering. Aranza has lost her mama, you've lost your wife, I've lost someone who was more than a cousin to me, she was the only person who shares my blood. Eugenia and I were like sisters, we grew up together, shared our secrets, our adventures. Please don't blame me for wanting to stay with my only family." "But this would be difficult for you. You have your own life. I can't be selfish and ask you to do something like this." Sonia sets the hook. "The only selfish thing would be to not allow me to be here with the only family I have left." Arturo gives in. Sonia reels him in and embraces him tightly. Her face is positively orgasmic. It's creepy weird.

Sonia has attached herself to Arturo's arm as she is leaving. It's settled. She will bring her things tomorrow.

Gabino tells Lucha that the last few days have shown him how short life can be. "We aren't eternal. We have to settle things while we are here."
"I know what you want. You want me to forgive him. I can't. I won't."
"He's our son, our only son."
"He's our son, but Dante kept hanging out with that Gonzalo. He didn't care about what he did, that you almost went to prison, that we nearly lost the roof over our heads.."
"He was young."
"He was young, but I can't forgive him. If we are dead to him, then he is dead to me."

The women sit at the table. Isabel faces Andrea and takes her hand. "I know how you feel. You still love Fernando. He is the father of your children."
Gabi is aghast, "You still love him?"
Isabel turns and gives her the stink-eye. "Yes. I should hate him, curse him. But I can't."
She turns back to Andrea, "We are both his victims. But if we work together we can help each other heal." She pulls some papers from a folder. "Here are the papers for Esteban's school. You need to contact them to set up a date for the admission test." Andrea looks truly moved by Isabel's offer. "I can't believe you would help Fernando's family." Isabel tells her this is not charity. Gabi says, "We have a job for you. You'll earn your keep."
"My mother says all I'm good for is cleaning."
"What were you good at in high school?"
"Math. I got A's. I could do problems in my head before the other's could write them down."
"Perfect, you'll be Mauricio's accounting assistant!"
"No, I don't think I could do that."
Gabi jumps up from the table, "Then I guess we're done here." She picks up her purse and heads for the door. Isabel grabs Gabi's arm and laughs. "Gabi's my best friend, but she's a pain."
Gabi sits back down and looks at Andrea, "Forgive me for saying this but you and your kids have no future if you keep on working as a cleaning woman. This is a great opportunity."
"That's true. I'll do it! I'll work very hard and learn everything you have to teach me."

Isabel takes a deep breath, "Fernando still has to pay for what he's done to us. I am going to sue Fernando. But I need you to help me and provide your sons' birth certificates." Andrea hesitates. "He'll be angry... but yes, I'll do it."

Lucha and Gabino are putting food in the cupboards. Lucha wonders aloud why Sonia hasn't shown up yet. Since Senora Eugenia died Sonia has been doing things that are inappropriate; things that are not her place to do. But at least she's not moving in. Arturo comes in and confirms her worst fears. Sonia is coming to live in the house to look after Aranza. Please get her room ready. Arturo leaves and Lucha says, "What did I tell you? She's more clever than all of us."

F-No arrives at Andrea's building in a taxi. He notices Isabel's car is parked at the curb. As the three women approach he hides behind a telephone pole. None of them notice his fat head behind the pole. He listens as they say their good-byes.

Back inside Andrea tells Esteban the good news about her new job. There's a knock at the door. Maybe the ladies forgot something. Andrea opens the door and stares in disbelief.

Arturo and Aranza are headed to a basketball game on the playground. "Are you okay? Is school okay?" He tells her he knows how hard it is now that her Mama is gone. "You need to be strong." Arturo tells her that Sonia is moving in. Aranza looks sick.

"Hola, mi amor." F-No smiles wickedly and grabs Andrea. He pulls he outside and shoves her down the step. He puts the padlock over the door latch. "So you're gossiping with the ladies?" F-No grabs Andrea's hair and pushes her to her knees. "Please Fernando. Think of the boys."
"What do I care about them?"
Esteban looks out the window and sees F-No assaulting his mother and starts to yell. Angelito is screaming and crying.
"Please let me go. You're hurting me."
"Shut up! Shut up!"
Agatha has heard the screaming. Grandma Meanie is hobbling up the sidewalk and hears the kids screaming and crying. She swears by God that she will shut those brats up. She turns into the courtyard and sees Andrea on her knees with Fernando's hands around her throat. Meanie breaks into a dead run.

Agatha has come out and hits F-No on the head with a frying pan. Grandma Meanie grabs the pan and whacks him twice. "You bastard! I'll kill you!"

Why she doesn't actually kill him is beyond me. But I have to admit I am surprised by her coming to Andrea's defense in the first place.

The fracas has attracted a small crowd of neighbors who are standing behind Andrea, Meanie and Agatha. F-No grabs the frying pan away from Meanie. She screams at him to get out or she'll kill him. F-No decides not to press his luck and throws the pan down at her feet and walks away. Everyone is gasping for breath. The kids are still screaming. Suddenly Meanie remembers the pain in her leg.

Back at the playground Aranza's head is not in the basketball game. The coach benches her, Ileana and Dafne. Dafne asks, "What's wrong with you? They're going to win the game." Aranza tells her friends that her Aunt Sonia is moving in with them. Dafne says, "Ahhh. So you're getting a stepmother." Aranza thinks back on how Sonia's hand wandered around Arturo's leg, how she hugged him, leaned over him. Suddenly her stomach hurts really bad. Aranza collapses to the ground.

Esteban wants to know who that bad guy was. Meanie tells him, "Your papa, Esteban. That bad man is your papa." "Is it true, Mama?" Andrea cries, the baby is still screaming. Agatha looks at Meanie with disgust.

Sonia has arrived at Arturo's house with a magic clown car. Instead of clowns, this tiny car is filled with several very large and heavy suitcases. It looks like Sonia is here to stay.

Agatha offers Andrea a cup of tea. Meanie screams, "What about me? Nothing for me?" She berates her daughter and her neighbor.

Gabino is trying to get Sonia's suitcases up the stairs. He pulls hard but the suitcase doesn't budge. He can't manage this load by himself. Lucha offers to help after she answers the phone. Tita has called to check on Arturo and Aranza. Lucha tells her, "Sonia is moving in to take care of my girl Aranza." Tita is stunned. She throws the phone down. "I don't like this. I don't like Sonia. I don't like anything about this."

Arturo races over and picks Aranza off the ground. He sets her on the bench, the coach and girls gather around her as Arturo calls the doctor.

Agatha says heard the kids screaming. She wants Andrea to tell her what happened. Meanie asks why she opened the door. "Did you think Fernando was here to pick you up and take you to your new house? If you are that stupid you deserve what you get."
Andrea explains that Isabel and Gabi had visited her. They offered her a job.
Meanie snorts, "Ha! Do they want you to clean their toilets?"
"No it's an administrative job. And they are giving Esteban a chance to go to a good school."
"Ah, they must be crazy. Please. Why would she help her lover's wife?"
Agatha scolds, "Stop bullying your daughter. I want to hear what she has to say."
Andrea tells them she thought the women had come back because they'd forgotten something. She opened the door and it was F-No. He grabbed her and pulled her outside and locked the door. Meanie is angry and her leg is hurting her again. It's Andrea's fault. Agatha can't believe what she is hearing and shakes her head.

Arturo and the doctor talk. Aranza is lying on the exam table in the doctor's office. She's feeling better now. Dafne tells Aranza if Sonia moves in, she'll marry your dad. That's how it happens. You'll have a stepmother. Stepmothers are mean, horrible witches like those in the storybooks. Dafne has a stepmother so she knows.

Advances: Sonia makes Cinderella's stepmother look like Mary Poppins.

Labels:


Comments:
xlntperuvian: still savoring this mesmerizing, fabulous recap.

"This she-dog is just getting started, "Well if Isabel won't go then I'm with you girlfriend. It's been freezing here and a warm beach sounds so fine", "Sonia, determined to get her catch, dangles the bait" and "Her face is positively orgasmic" were my favorites.

The surprise of the night was Grandma Meanie. Well, I guess she can treat her daughter and grandsons like garbage, but that is her purview and hers alone. ITA with "Why she doesn't actually kill him is beyond me". Like you, I was surprised by her angry and forceful defense. At least she did the right thing. Sad that not long after, she reverted to her shrewish, cruel personna.

Fernando is already at Hell's gates, ringing the bell to be let in. Let's not keep him waiting. Those poor kids, both their father and grandmother have admitted they don't care or love them. How tragic.

I like Isa's big heart and kindness. I hope Andrea is a smashing success and that only good things are in store from her from this point on.

Daphne is right in her predictions about Sonia and it appears poor Aranza will pay the price.

I like Agatha. The actress usually plays Alejandro Ruiz's wife or sister so it's interesting to see both of them here as characters not having an intertwined storyline.

This was wonderful - thank you again!

Diana
 

Thanks, xlntperuvian. , for giving us this recap of an interesting episode. I liked your title. Of course, Sin-ya is there to help herself to the apple of her eye Art. Everybody is going to be in for a bumpy ride now that the shedevil has moved in to the previously happy case. Bleeeccchhh

I knew that good hearted Isa would reach out to Andrea. I am so happy that Andrea and boys will now have an advocate because Andrea's mother and F-no are terrible. I was surprised when Min came to her daughter's rescue and bammed that snake with the frying pan. Who knew ? I guess Min's modus operandi is that Andrea is hers to abuse , but she will not tolerate F-no doing it. At least that is something in her favor. Maybe there is redemption in her future. I cannot understand how someone can be so heartless to her daughter and grandchildren. My dad's grandmother's name was Minerva. My dad lived with her , and she used to whip him with a buggy whip.


 

xlntperuvia:

Thanks for the great recap! Have to admit, I had to turn off the show when Pond Scum came a-calling to Andrea's. As soon as the kid's started screaming, that was it for me. I know they are acting, but still couldn't take it. May that man rot. The size of his anvil better be super-sized.

I too would love to see Andrea shine in her new job. I also suspect that Esteban may grow up to be someone who will be a sub-hero in this story. Or I hope anyway.

Anyone else want to take that walking cane and kick it out from under Grandma Meanie when she's using it to walk around. Lazy good for nothing.

Lord, Sonia just makes my skin crawl. Poor Aranza having that nut job around. But there always has to be one in every TN.

Daisynjay
 

Perfection!!!! Thank you!
There are so many wonderful lines, but I really liked: "Sonia keeps her eyes on the prize. This she-dog is just getting started." You really did capture She-dog perfectly.

Like you, I was surprised Minerva came to Andrea's defense.

Ok, I know they said DAnte, but I have to think it's not a coincidnece that Dante (the son) and Gonzo (perfect name for the friend of Feo) were hanging out together.

Tita used the phrase "caigamos en la oracion" again last night. I will have to do a little more searching for that phrase and when to use it.
 

Ok, just commenting again because I forgot to tick the "email responses" box. Yeah. I'm a stalker.
 

Marvelous recap Kathy/xlntperuvian!

Count me in as another one surprised by how fiercely Grandma Meanie protected Andrea from F-No. I do think it's more a case of, I can stomp on Andrea, but no one else can. So sad for those little boys to witness that, but I'm glad their cries brought the neighbors.

I'm so glad Andrea accepted that job and the scholarship for Esteban. Her life can only get better.

Sara- I also thought that F-No, whose BFF is Gonzalo, might just be the no-good son who fleeced his parents, Lucha and Gabino. But the name, Dante, threw me off, so I don't know. I guess we'll have to wait for more clues.
 

Vivi, it pleases me that we had similar thoughts. Your Spanish comprhension is well, native so it makes me feel pretty good that I came away thinking the same. Go me. Lol
 

Thanks for the recap xlntperuvian. I'm hoping to catch up on this tn and vexed that Uni doesn't have this one on On-demand.
 

I am glad that Isa is dealing with her pain and disillusionment by helping her fellow victim Andrea. Sometimes, you must have to grab a shovel and start digging to get rid of that steaming pike of...problemos. What a great example of using your pain for good. it is so nice to see someone doing something positive and proactive in a novela. I am sure that Isa and Andrea will be able to help each other, and Isa's kindness and generosity will reward her with a loyal friend. Karma, baby, karma. what you give out, you get back. Hear that F-No Feo ? Your ladies are getting together to undo the damage you have wrought on both of them. Just wait.
 

Must = just
 

I'm with you, Susanlynn. I am really looking forward to the three Damas de Hierro support each other and take on Feo.
 

Kathy:

Thanks so much for this marvelous recap.

I too think that Gonzo may be Dante. Poor Lucha and Gabino.

I too agree about Isa helping Andrea and her boys. I think they will end up being good friends.

I too want to kick that cane out from under MiniMean. There is nothing in the world wrong with her leg. She's used it to get Andrea's sympathy. I too am surprised MiniMean ran to Andrea's defense. I loved the cast iron skillet treatment that F-No got, lol. Finally a cast iron skillet ; )

It didn't take long for Sonia to move in did it? Too bad Art is so grief stricken. He isn't thinking straight. I am glad Lucha, Tita and even Aranza has Sonia's number. I didn't like the previews of Sonia putting the threats into Aranza.
 

Unu doesn't have this On-Demand. Argh. Any who, I suggest the moniker Sucia for Sonia since we all seem to want to bathe after seeing her on-screen. Very glad to hear Abuela Meanue acted like a mother and grandmother and beat the stuffing out of Feo with a csst iron skillet. I hope she put her back into it.
 

Another vote of surprise for Meanie, maybe we've got her wrong, then again the cleaning toilets comment was nasty.

I've decided to call Sonia So-not as in she is so not going to get Art, she is so not going to be queen of the castle she is so not going to get a HEA. Then again it sounds like snot which is good too.

I guess I was wrong that she was going to influence Ara against Isa, that looks to be Daphne's job. That little girl is a So-not in training. Interesting too that Ara had that flashback of the camping night and now doesn't seem to think there was nothing wrong with So-not's behavior. The little girl may be hurting but she is no fool.

 

Decie Girl...I was thinking Sin-ya because the girl I'd definitely a sinner, but I think that So-not is even better. As you said, we know that she is so not going to get a HEA....which is so comforting. I, also, thought that Ara was going to bond with S. , and she would turn her against Isa. Instead, will S. manage to somehow wrangle, rope, hogtie and marry the hurting Artie and become the evil stepmother ?
 

Sara..despite having a good friend who is a Spanish teacher, Caraycaray and the novelas are my only tools for learning Spanish? I am pleased to say that I knew what "damas de hierro" means. Yay...some progress in my lazy, careless quest for Spanish.
 

I'm pretty sure Dama de Hierro was how they translated that movie about Margaret Thatcher lol.

IRT Dante- it occurs to me that Feo surely isn't using his real name?

Um. HEA? I can't figure it out :(. I like So-not.
 

HEA equals happily ever after.
 

Thanks, Decie. I only just learned FPS. Lol.
 

I knew HEA , but I don't know FPS.
 

Wonderful recap, xintperuvian. i have fallen in love with Isabel's kind character. Gonzales is making me believe she really IS Isabel.

Minerva is just great as a toxic mother. I especially love how the actress camps it up a bit with her constant references to St Jude (St Jude the Martyr) and the kissing of the medal she wears around her neck.

Twice now she has referred to a special secret that is only between herself and God.One presumes this is the secret of Andrea's birth. I'll just betcha that Andrea's no good father left Minerva and...we'll see.

I have certainly said this before, but in this case it may bear repeating—there is NO person more hostile than a martyr. The writers have definitely got this one right.

Thanks again Kathy. Great recap.

Elna June
 

Felices Para Siempre.
 

Thanks, Kathy, I really enjoy your style of recapping. Just enough snark and you hit the points that need it. I had no idea what Lucha and Gabino were going on about in the kitchen, but now I do.

Some of you know that Emilia is an Iron Skillet Black Belt and her critique of Minerva's and Agatha's moves was rather harsh. At a minimum, the stroke w/ the flat bottom is best applied to the top of the head not the back. Edge blows work best on the back.

IIRC, the actress playing Minerva played an identical role in Un Gancho al Corazon. What a hell of a type of character to be stuck with, but, hey, when you're that good at it...

 

You know you've watched too many novelas when a couple of characters are moaning about their
no good son and you immediately leap to the conclusion that one of the rat bastard characters must be him even if the name is different. I do hope F-no is not the aforementioned Dante. Those parents deserve better but this is Novelaland.
 

Xlntpruvian---Xlnt/excellent your recap was. Several good lines. Sonia keeps her eye on the prize. This she dog is just getting started.---Her face is positively orgasmic. It's creepy weird.---Clown car. Thank you so much.

The Three Musketeers? F-No isn't going to go down easily.

Sonia is going to cause more trouble than I can imagine. Poor little Aranza is going to suffer and Art will too, he just doesn't know it yet.

I have to give it to Sonia/Dominika, she really hasn't done anything yet and she is giving me the creeps. She plays her part well. That woman is good.

Vivi---anyone. Where does Tita fit in? Is she related to anyone or is she just a family friend?
the gringo
 

Thanks for the HEA and FPS help, I didn't know either one of them.

I loved Isabel reaching out to Andrea last night. Those two are going to be friends for life.
the gringooHea
 

Gringo- Tita is Bruno's mom. Bruno is Art's best friend and like a brother to him and Eugenia. Tita is like a mother to Art and Eugenia, and like a grandma to Aranza.
 

Thank you xintperuvian for your entertaining recap.
Add me to the camp of being surprised that a Grandma Meanie sprinted up the block and helped her daughter. There were visions of Chatita with the chamber pot in that scene.
Sonia as a she dog- priceless. J Desde NYC- I love the name Sucia for Sonia.
 

Mike- I thought of Emilia during all the "sartenazo" action last night. I love her technique advice to Meanie. :)

By the way, don't you just love that there is one word in Spanish that describes hitting someone upside the head with a frying pan!
 

Claro que si!, Vivi. Mi esposa, la Sartenazodora!
 

Mike, I also thought about Emilia during the frying pan attack. ... Emilia and Rapunzel in the Disney movie Tangled. ,,,both those ladies know how to use a skillet.
 

Great stuff!

Minerva surprised me, too, and I agree with the theory that her husband probably up and left her either when she was embarazada or when Andrea was born (and wasn't a boy).

Sonia and Fern-o are accomplices, but what does she really want? Is it Arturo's corazon, his hormones, or just his dinero?
 

Vivi, the fact that there are words like 'sartenazo' makes me love Spanish and why I love tns-you get to learn the language by hearing how people would really use words. I tend to mimic/memorize things I read and hear so tns really help. Of course, if you watch tns from Mexico and live in a city where most of the Latinos are Dominican and Puerto rican, you'll end up sounding weird to most people especially the Hispanic tourists.

I had a very funny experience in a DSW with Argentine tourists who looked at me funny when I said bus (boos) for bus. I told them most Latinos in NYC said that to be understandable to each other , and the Domincans/Puerto Ricans say gua gua,(gwa gwa) so I said you're luck I didn't say gua gua but they knew what that meant since that was Cuban. And I just laughed because here I was thinking I was being clear by saying the shorthand form of autobus instead something considered more slangy like gua gua, but they knew what the slang meant.
 

Is Corazon Salvaje ok and working on the recap, or does a discussion page for last night's episode need to go up?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder