Friday, January 17, 2014

Que Pobres Tan Ricos #9- 1/16/14: Time For Some Humble Pie!



Hola Pobres/Ricos Peeps. This recap will not be in any order, it is mainly from memory, and if I skipped over anything please fill in the details. Here is a link to the song that AS was singing:
Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu

I am skipping the refried and getting right to the new. As has woken up in the van, still ten sheets to the wind, is happy she is finally in Italia and that her and Da Vinci will visit St Peter's Basilica and see Pope Francis I; he is from Argentina after all.

There is a celebration for Nepo's son Deigo at a nice little restaurant, and he is very proud of him and they celebrate I think his making a major team. Nepo corners Lupe and asks what her answer is, ya know, being his novia? She has to have time to think about it, he gives her all the time she needs. There is dancing and Nepo dances with Lupe and Don Chuy dances with Carmelita. Carmelita likes Don Chuy alot you can tell. He tells Carmelita that he hopes Lupe accepts Nepo.

Meanwhile, the RP's are out in the rain worried about their stuff, AS has plastic on her head to protect her from the rain, she is thinking of tortellini and lasagne and thinks Italia has hit a crisis. Leo and Frida tell her they are at a fonda.


MA and the rest of the RP's have taken shelter inside the Menchaca home, because the door wasn't fastened, it's pouring cats and dogs, and the Menchaca come home to the RP's waiting for them and are not pleased.

Meanwhile, Vilma is putting salve on pobrectio Ahole's face. It's all cut and bruised where MA hit him. He wants the permanent presidancy of the company and has an idea.

MA explains to the Mechanca's about it raining, they had to come in, door wasn't fastened, they have hit financial straights, they are in a bind, help out a brother man. Lupe isn't liking this at all. MA introduces his family and Don Chuy introduces his family. Leo doesn't like the fact he is among the nacos. Frida shakes their hands and is impressed that Don Chuy is a luchador "Hijo de Sumatra". AS wants champagne all around por tutti (todos). Lupe tells Emiliano to go to bed.

Carmelita and Guendy (Wendy) have made it home. She is Carmelita's daughter. Seems Guendy thinks that Don Chuy likes Carmelita, but Carmelita can't go there. Marcelina, Don Chuy's dear departed wife, was her best friend. Guendy says why not? She's been dearly departed a long time now. Go for it. Carmelita is unsure. I think Guendy said she'll fix her up with a makeover.

Lupe wants to know why the RP's moved all their stuff into the house, and RP reminds her he owns the property, Perla and Tizoc (Jose) can't beleive the RP's are in financial straights. They think it's a big hoax. So does Lupe. Lupe takes Don Chuy aside and tells him that MA is Ahole's cousin. Lupe really doesn't want them there. Meanwhile AS wants to go to her castle, she wants champagne too and Leo and Frida have to restrain her. Lupe confronts MA over the property and says threatens him with the cops, and invasion of private property, cause he said the property was the RP's. Back and forth and MA caves and says don't call the cops, who needs them, we'll work it out. AS can't understand what language she's hearing and thinks they made a wrong turn and ended up in Yugoslavia or maybe Albania. She doesn't have a clue where she is at the moment.

Meanwhile, back at the bidness there is a board meeting of the stockholders, Ahole and Vilma. Ahole wants the presidency permanently, but did he forgot about that clause Grandpa put in the will. In order to get that he has to marry and produce a son. Of course he didn'! But no worries, he is the new temporary President and he'll have to work on that clause, in other words get married and produce the heir. Later, he and Vilma are in his office and he's pithed about that clause of his Grandpapa's and blames Vilma too. She is all up in his personal space, talking about a good woman he needs, herself she means, but now it's time to put into action Plan #2!

MA decides to let sleeping dogs lie and says they will leave for the moment and come back in the morning as AS looks for more liquor and Tizac laughs, Don Chuy not so much. The RP's get in the van and find out the battery is dead they can't go anywhere. As sings "Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu" Volare in other words. Leo wants to call Macarena in Spain to get her to send money, I think, but MA thinks it's a bad idea.

Meanwhile, in the house, Don Chuy talks to the family and explains the situation about not having the deed and really feels he needs to help the RP, like Don Aurelino helped him all those years ago. MA comes back in and explains the dead battery, Don Chuy doesn't have cables, MA will call a taxi, but they are all busy and will take a long time to get there. Frida calls her boyfriend Tato, but no answer. AS is all about the Italian food and now wants risotto. There is nothing for it so Don Chuy invites them to stay the night. The Menchaca kids are not happy about it. They don't want to give up or share their rooms. AS wants a suite, Frida witches and MA has to tell them he's got no money for anything.

So now the RP are moving their things into the house. Don Chuy and Tizoc are trying to get that piano upstairs by ropes. Leo is witching about carrying boxes, and MA tells him to man up as Frida tells him the same thing. Don Chuy gives Leo the rope as he helps MA with something else, and I don't know who released the rope first, Tizoc upstairs or Leo downstairs, but the piano slides and MA grabs Lupe out of the way, and the piano crashes into the ground. Don Chuy thanks MA profusely for saving his daughter from the flying piano, but MA thanks them for letting them stay. Leo is all upset about the piano cause he wanted to write an opera some day on this piano. Perla laughs at him.

Emiliano is upstairs in the room where the RP's stuff is and finds some polo sticks. MA comes in and explains about how polo is played on horseback and Emiliano is enchanted. I think he tells Emiliano that he learned polo from his Grandpapa. Emiliano likes horses. Lupe catches him out of bed and tells him to go back to bed. After he does there is threats of I'll talk to my lawyer in the am, well I'll talk to my lawyers in the am. And both think what is wrong with the other. Lupe did flick MA upside the head.

AS and family are now in Tizoc's room and he warns them, while swinging his nunchucks, they better not touch anything in his room. They are bunking there for the night and Da Vinci has to sleep in a doggie carry all. Leo is still witching and AS finds her flask, and like a woman that has been in the desert, takes a slug.

Meanwhile, back downstairs, Don Chuy says they really have to help the RP's. Tizoc and Perla can't beleive they are so broke. Look at all the stuff they brought, they could make a bunch of money selling it. Lupe isn't liking this idea of the RP's being there either, but Don Chuy reminds her, thanks to the RP, they would be out on the street. Lupe has nothing to say to that.

Upstairs AS is bemoaning missing her caviar and the flask has finally run dry, ruh, roh. She finally gets that they are staying the night and she admits she is way drunk but not crazy. Leo wants to know why they couldn't stay with Mini, but MA tells them she broke up with him, that's why! End of epi.


Avances:

AS finally realizes she is poor!

Lupe and MA wonder what is up with the other.

Nepo finds out that the RP have moved in.

Tune in Este Viernes to find out from Marta's splendid recap what happens next. MUST SEE TV.

Labels:


Comments:
Good Morning Y'all. The recap is up, please enjoy.
 

Thank you, Madelaine. Good work on the recap!

Tonight's cap was my favorite one so far. My favorite parts:
* MiguelAngel bonding with Emiliano.
* Frida steps up and greets the Macenas with respect and friendliness. Classy!
* Leo broke his own piano! Quien paga los platos rotos? Si mismo! (Who pays the price for someone's mistakes? He himself.) This will probably be the first time Leo has to suffer for his irresponsibility. If that happens enough, he might learn some lessons.
* MA & Lupe both asking themselves, "What's wrong with me? Why is he/she affecting me this way?"

 

I'm so behind on this show. I'm looking forward to catching up on recaps and episodes this weekend.

Many thanks to Mads, Julie, Marta and everyone commenting. It helps keep me in the loop and REALLY helps my comprehension.
 

Excellent recap, Mads. This was an episode filled with lots of fast, slang, and drunken slurred conversations. But it was very funny.

I wonder how long it will be till the Menchacas and RPs find out the MA is hiding from the law.

I also really liked the scene between MA and Emiliano. MA has already started to emerge from his shell.
 

Thanks Mads!! great recap!! and from memory!
here are a couple more details from my own memory.
Don Chuy doesn't have cables, (well, he says they don’t have a ride (car) OR cables… lol!)

Don Chuy thanks MA profusely for saving his daughter from the flying piano, but MA thanks them for letting them stay. (LOL this thanks back and forth lasted a few minutes with bowing and everything… There is really good chemistry and timing between JC and Flaco Ibanez… this is going to be fun.)

And both (MA and Lupe) think what is wrong with the other. (she had left the room so this happened on opposite sides of the shut door, AFTER she flick him on the head.)

Paula, totally agree that the bonding between MA and Emi started great... very much like in LHDM Mark Tacher's character (Emiliano) and Rosario's little sister.

 

Vivi, agree... MA was dancing the chilindrina gestures when Lupe mentioned calling the police... he didn't really want the police within 10 miles of him but he was trying hard to not say that directly. Great moment too.
 

Madelaine, thanks for your wonderful recap. Your double /triple? duty as a recapper for this one is appreciated.

Some random thoughts:

Sylvia Pasquel is doing such an excellent job as the ever inebriated AS. She always gets me laughing.
I had never seen this actress before.

I am also enjoying Manuel Ibanez as don Chuy playing the role of a peacemaker (much like his role in Las tontas) along with MA. Those two are going to have to teach the young'uns a thing or two.

It was so satisfying when lazy Leonardo dropped his own piano.

Other funny moments: when MA asked Lupita why everything was always so hard with her and she just kept hitting him; MA's goofy grin around Lupita; any scene with Da Vinci.

Jarifa
 

I went back and checked the recording, in the scene where the door separates them.
He says, "Que me pasa con esta mujer."
She says, "Que me pasa con este señor?"
Lupita clearly says "me." On MA I had to play it twice to be certain (he says it faster). The cc's say the same thing.

That would be, "What's wrong with me?" wouldn't it? Or am I missing something?
 

Thank you, Madelaine! So much happened last night, conversationally I mean, that I couldn't follow all of it. Thank you for clearing it all up.

I don't know why I thought Nepo's son's team was a bunch of little kids, nor why I didn't think that was a piano getting dropped on the sidewalk. That's what I get for recapping in front of the small TV.

I had to laugh at AS with a plastic bag over her head. Actually what really made me laugh was that (I think) none of her darling children asked her to take it off or warned her about suffocation.

The board of directors (or whoever they are) at RP make me laugh, too. Every time Ahole speaks to them, no matter what the circumstances, they kind of diss him and always show more concern for MA. There's nothing comic about the way they do it, but it is comical that Ahole keeps trying the same transparently opportunistic approach.

Guendy thinks Don Chuy likes Carmelita? I really thought it was the other way around. I haven't seen any interest on his side, but Carmela is always gazing at him with moist eyes.

I'm still enjoying every minute of this show. At this point it's starting to worry me. Now I almost feel as though it should be a goal for me to be bored or annoyed. ;-)

Paula, I thought they meant "what's happening to me with that woman" and "what's happening to me with that man".
 

Good Morning Y'all and thanks for all your kind words. I find I cannot take notes during this one. It's far too funny, I laugh through most of this.

Paula H:

I like your list of favorite parts. I too liked Frida stepping up the way she did. I also think you are right about what MA and Lupe were thinking on their sides of the door. They are feeling that little connection. Lupe is afraid that MA is just like Ahole.

Sara:

Please catch up when you can. We love having you here and your always fab point of view.

Vivi:

So agree with you about the slang, rapid dialogue, and Emiliano. I liked the little bonding moment with MA and Emiliano, it was very sweet. I wonder about his avoiding the police too. I thought Lupe was suspicious there for a moment, but she wasn't.

Marta:

Thanks for all the added details. I found it funny when Lupe flicked MA upside the head. That look on MA's face, too funny.

Jarifa:

Sylvia Pasquel is very funny. I had never seen her in anything before. I love her character of AS, so over the top, but so very funny. She almost reminds me of a female "Arthur" she is so out of it with all the booze she consumes. Speaking of booze, I like the comment you made the other day of AS and Chatita sharing some Rompope. Now that would be a scene I'd love to see ; )
 

Julie:

Liked everything you said and also I am hooked on this show and look forward to it every night. This comedy is finally a comedy, if you know what I mean. No speeches either, except by a very drunken AS. She is a hoot. As Vivi said I like MA coming out of his shell too. He's having to deal with all of the problems his cousin caused.

I too liked the board meeting that happened. You could see the smoke coming out of Ahole's ears when he heard he wouldn't be made President permanently until he got married and produced the heir. How could he forget that part? And poor Vilma. She thinks she has an in with him, wait until she finds out he is about to throw her to the curb in his pursuit of Mini. Will she be so supportive then?
 

Now I want risotto too.

So, Vilma is warm for Ahole's form after all. What the hell is wrong with her? Seriously, how can her world be so tiny that Ahole looks like her best prospect?

BTW I think Leo is the one who let go the rope first. He was complaining about his hands. In addition to his ignorance of art, he is also rather weak in physics. (Also in social skills, shirt-buttoning, and finance.)

I was kinda sad that AS's flask ran dry so soon. It seemed too early. But I suppose she needs to dry out long enough to react to the bad news. Maybe the next refill will last longer.

Mads, I don't think Ahole really forgot about the clause. I think he assumed that with MA out of the picture, they could just disregard it. His attitude from the beginning is that the clause is annoying and inconvenient and therefore, everyone else should agree to ignore it.

Instead, however, EVERYONE else sees the clause as a welcome intervention to prevent what had previously seemed inevitable: Ahole having control of everything and running the company into the ground.

Again, I can't tell if it's cluelessness, arrogance, or both, but he just doesn't seem to notice that his execs don't respect him. Thus he never tries to up his own game instead of putting MA down.
 

PAula,
you are correct, they are assessing their own reactions to interacting with the other. as if they don't recognize themselves or their own behavior as 'normal' around each other...
 

Julie,
totally agree on your point of A-hole's strategy toward the board... actually I agree that the board is using the will clause to DENY A-hole what he feels he is ENTITLED to.. the control of the company.
I agree on all comments that this is great comedy... the type where if you blink you missed a good laugh or if you are too busy recapping (like me and others), you have to rewatch again to catch those subtle details that make most of the comic relief here.
 

i meant recaping real-time.. which is what I do, I do go back and rewatch if i feel my recap missed something but most of it is real-time typing. that is why i keep saying i need to rewatch the whole thing.
 

Julie, good point about Vilma. I had been thinking, "Why on earth would she want a man who frequently erupts in rage directed at her?" I hadn't even considered the other angle - she's smart, attractive, polished, good personality, and capable of making a high salary. Why go after poison like Ahole? I guess the plot justification is that she expects to share the RP fortune, like Leopard Lady in Eva. But c'mon! After she's seen how Ahole treats anyone who gets between him and that fortune? Does she really think he'll split it with her? She's too smart to be that dumb.

Oh, well. Tighten the beanie.

 

Paula, ITA.
By the way, I could not help but make the comparison of MA yelling at his mom in the car to not sing anymore and the way Armando Mendoza would erupt pretty much to anyone in YSBLF. ...
signed:... feas pero unidas ...por siempre.
 

Okay, I fixed the part where I said Ahole had forgotten about the clause in the will. I too like the fact that the board keeps bringing up MA, that sticks in Ahole's craw.

I too hope that Vilma doesn't end up being a "Rebeca" in this TN. Maybe she'll move over to the bright side and help MA out in the end.
 

I too recap in real time. I used to take copious notes but as I said this one is too fast and too funny for me to get every little thing. That's why I rely on all of you to fill in the missing bits/parts ; ) Thanks so much for that : )
 

Mads thanks so much for this recap. Add me to the list of those who like this tn; it's actually a comedy unlike some fare we've been subjected to (looking at you PEAM) recently.

Julie, ITA w/your assessment of the board. The scene wasn't obviously funny but the way they kept batting Ahole down was precious. He's so clueless he can't see they are not fond of him. Though he should have gotten a clue when they told him this mess better not become public knowledge.

Paula H, though Vilma is smart, you know we are supposed to believe she is blinded by her love for the jerk. Now, when Mimi gets picked for his wife, we'll see how she reacts.
 

With Ahole who continues to justify our name for him, its arrogance. He feels entitled and to be fair he did do the work while MA was off in London. He must always have been this way hence the board never respecting him.

Poor Leo afraid he'd get blisters on his precious artistic hands and dropping the rope. Served him right and merciful God saved the universe from hearing his first opera.

Of all the RP's Frieda appears to be the one who will best cope with the change of fortunes and she has good manners was well.

Poor AS that is some drunken fog she is in if she thinks somehow over the course of a couple of hours they have flown to Italy. The shortest flight from Mexico City to Rome is 15 hours with one stop (simply had to check it). The amount of gin cause that's what she is drinking that it would take to get her that looped would probably have killed her.

I too loved the Emiliano/MA little chat. I wonder if any one of them will ever notice that he might bare a passing resemblance to Ahole.

There is something crazy about being alone in your own house laughing like a fool over a TV program in another language but this one gets me every time. I'm still laughing thinking about Frieda and Leo rushing to grab the only bed in Tizoc's room. I noticed the keyboard and wondered if somewhere down the road he and Leo will find something in common.

Don Chuy's kids are right about the stuff. I'm thinking that sooner or later it will have to be sold if for no other reason that there isn't enough room in the house.

So looking forward to tonight and the utter chaos that is sure to follow and for Lupita's two gentlemen coming face to face.
 

Is Miguel Angelo supposed to look like Enrique Pena Nieto, pres of Mexico?
 

Paula, I'm not so sure that it even is a different angle. Wilma's attachment to Alejo is a mystery no matter how you slice it. Maybe there's something special about Ahole that we don't know; maybe she just has rocks in her head.

Vilma doesn't strike me as the Rebeca Oropeza type, though. Rebeca at least had a life and career ambitions of her own in addition to her plans for Pluto. Vilma seems more like a barnacle with nothing else in her life besides Ahole.

Of course, we really don't know enough about Vilma to say that she has nothing else in her life; but if he's the highlight of it, then she must have something really weird and sad going on at home.

Now, as far as Frida - she's definitely coping better than everyone else so far, but I'm starting to think she'll have one particular personal challenge that Leo and AS won't. Because she considers herself a "woman of the people," it will be a particularly nasty shock for her to realize that she really isn't "one of them." ICBW.

Decie Girl, thank you for checking on the flights from DF to Rome. Good to know. :-)

About recapping in real time - I DON'T do that any more. I did, until very recently, but I'd always miss things while I was typing, and then I'd have to rewind, and I'd end up getting bogged down in tiny details. It took too long and spiraled out of control.

So now I watch with BOTH eyes, jot down the barest highlights during a commercial just to make sure I don't forget, and build the recap up from there. So far, it seems to be working better for me and a lot faster. Maybe it's not as thorough, but it's nice to get to bed at a decent hour.
 

Julie

I wouldn't worry about trying to get every detail right because for the most part it isn't really necessary of we get the gist of things. I did a guest recap one time and tested myself by doing one in real time and missed stuff while trying to understand and scribble notes at the same time. In most cases we in viewerville can fill in missed things in our commentary. I really appreciate the work the recappers do but volunteer work shouldn't take up so much time people can't get a decent night's sleep. JMHO
 

Decie, I do appreciate your comment! In theory I agree, but in practice it's very difficult for me to "zoom out" on the story and NOT be super-detailed like I'm watching through a microscope. It's just how I'm wired, I guess.

But I am getting a lot better about it. It definitely helps if I watch first and then recap. For me, doing both at the same time is like falling into a black hole where time has no meaning!
 

Thank you for the recap! This one was hard for me to follow......still trying to get my "spanish brain" back in gear. Another week or so should do it :p
 

Mads-You are very sweet :-) I've got a marathon planned for this weekend.

Julie-Your recaps are perfection, so your method must work! :-) And like Decie said, we all help each other n the comments and conversation.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder