Friday, January 03, 2014

Qué Pobres Tan Ricos (How rich poor people are) synopsis!

Sorry to be so late, folks. This looks like fun. Even though it's late, I'm considering taking a day. We have space for others. See sidebar.

The Rich Learn a Lesson

A story of love, romance, and amusing situations; families that have nothing in common but are now obliged to live in the same house: on one side, Los Ruizpalacios, millionaires of great social background and on the other Los Menchaca, a classic family of the barrio.

It begins when grandmother Mati Ruizpalacios can no longer run the family business. Her favorite grandson Miguel Ángel - who has been living in London for 11 years - must return to Mexico because his grandfather Don Aureliano's will states: "The company will go to the first of my grandsons who gets formally married and has a son."

Miguel's cousin Alejo is an ambitious enemy who involves Miguel in a dirty fraud and causes him and his family to lose their fortune and all their property except one piece of land in the La Nopalera neighborhood on which, surprisingly, the Menchaca family is now living.

Don Chuy Menchaca is a retired fighter called "The Son of Sumatra" who, many years ago, knew Don Aureliano Ruizpalacios, to whom he has been paying off the property mortgage little by little.

After the death of the rich empresario, the debt was never settled because Don Chuy doesn't have the deed for the property where he has not only his house but also a modest gymnasium that isn't earning much money these days and which he's thought about transforming into a home-style Mexican resturant with the help of his sons José Tizoc and Perla Ivette and his eldest daughter Lupita, who has a son Emiliano (adored by his grandfather).

Don Chuy is forced by circumstances to take in Miguel Angel and his impoverished family; they move to Italia Street in La Nopalera.

For his part, depressed and broke, Miguel Angel comes to live in, or rather endure, the colony La Nopalera. He's accompanied by his odd family: his mother Ana Sofia, an eccentric society woman who organizes charity events but at heart despises those who are not of "her class;" his brother Leonardo, a classic mirey(?) who has studied art in New York; and Frida, his little sister, apparently socially minded but attached to her life of luxury and comfort.

Clashes between the customs and habits of each family are inevitable, it's a funny, chaotic environment. Lupita and Miguel, who start off as the mediators for their families, will end up falling for each other and together confronting adversity to defend their love and overcome all obstacles.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Melinama:

Thanks so much for putting this up. I can't wait for this one. Also this TN isn't on the sidebar.
 

Madelaine, I'm with you on this one. I can't wait! It seems we have been waiting forever for this one. I am ready to laugh.

Jarifa
 

Count me in! It's got Jaime Camil. Eso sí me basta (that's good enough for me)!
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Thanks for the synopsis, Melinama.
Hey Paula H, How are you?? isn't it interesting/exciting? this one has Jaime C, Arturo P and Mark T all together?
 

Thank you, Melinama. I'm looking at this as a potential "healing experience" after the horror of PEAM. :-)
 

Jamie Camil with Augustin Arana as his BFF. Love this combo and am looking forward to a few good laughs.
 

Thanks, Melinama. I am looking forward to this. I hope I finally stick with a comedy.

FWIW: Here's a link explaining "mirrey".

A quick image search of "mirrey" also makes it clear without having to figure out the Spanish. Think Freddy in UFCS.

 

Oy. Came off like a sabelotodo in that last comment. Sorry :-(
 

Hey, Jane, thanks for the synopsis! Looks like this one has great potential or at least a great cast.

Howdy, Paula H!. Long time no see but I figured you'd pop up for a Jaime C. show.
 

So, "mirrey" means "irresponsible douchebag"?
 

Exactly. Who wears polos with popped up collars.
 

Oh wow. I should have done the image search first. A picture really is worth a thousand words.
 

Ha! My favorite is the random Luismi pic.
 

Sara, that's the kind of info we love! Thanks so much. I am very tempted to sign on for this one. If only it weren't so late. Maybe they'll move it earlier.
 

what a fabulous article that is on "mirrey."
 

I, for one, would be quite happy to wait till next morning for a Recap By Jane.
 

Glad you liked it, Jane.

I'm going to be a day (or more) behind during the entire run of this show, I'm sure. So I know I don't mind if a recap much wait.

Seriously, Univision? Why do you insist on the 10PM time slot?
 

I, too, really expected this to replace CI, but it's Jaime Camil Y'all, as Paula H said, "What's not to like", I can't wait : )
 

Wow..thanks for the article on "mirrey". You always teach me something, Sara. Thanks.

Melinama, I like your new picture/avatar.
 

I like this one although I don't watch it every night. It's one of those novelas I don't feel a need to watch but since I like all the characters then I do watch it when I remember it's on.

The best thing it has going for it is definitely the likeability of the characters and actors.


Jarocha

 

This is the first comedy that I have really been excited about. I watched the tail end of UFCS, but I think it was the recaps that I enjoyed the most. With this one it looks like I will get to enjoy a good show and great recaps.

I've never seen Zuria Vega in anything and in just the previews I've seen show a lot of spark with Jaime. I admit I'm not a big Flaco Ibañez fan, but I think the rest of the cast will entertain me.

I'm glad to hear about the likeable characters. Thanks Jarocha!
 

You can watch epi 1 on uvideos, looks like fun.
Doris carries on from CI
 

AB had mediocre ratings, QBA was a failure, and MPV was a major flop. They want to experiment romcoms in that time slot; the only slot missing is 9pm.
 

I love the fridays recap slot 'cause it lets me work on it late at night without stressing about having to wake up sat morning. But if someone can only do fridays and others are willing to wait for recaps in morning, i can change to tuesdays or thursdays. the only day I cannot do is wednesdays.
Definitely looking forward to it. Remember, it starts tonight!! they moved MPV to 7pm I believe.
 

I'm going to be out of town all week where I'm not sure I can see the show. If anybody knows where I can see the first five shows online please email me privately at caray@mappamundi.com - thanks!
 

Cast in alphabetical order by character / Elenco por orden alfabético por personaje:

"La Güendy" Wendolin Tinoco - Gabriela Zamora, "Tato" - José Pablo Minor, Adelaida - Ivonne Garza, Alejo Ruizpalacios Saravia - Mark Tacher, Alicia - Christina Pastor, Ana Sofía Romagnoli Tolentino Vda. de Ruizpalacios - Silvia Pasquel, Bárbara - Dalilah Polanco, Carmelita - Zaide Silvia Gutiérrez, Diego Armando Escandiondas - José Eduardo Derbez, Don Jesús "Chuy" Menchaca - Manuel "Flaco" Ibáñez, Emiliano Menchaca Martínez. - Yael Fernández, Frida Ruizpalacios Romagnoli - Natasha Duepyrón, Herminia - Marisol Castillo, Hortensia - Patricia Navidad, Irlanda - Priscila Avellaneda, Isela Blanco de Fontanet - Raquel Pankowsky, José Tizoc Menchaca Martínez - Jonathan Becerra, Leonardo Ruizpalacios Romagnoli - Diego de Erice, Macarena Larrea, condesa de Valladolid - Gaby Mellado, María Guadalupe Menchaca Martínez /"Lupita" - Zuria Vega, Martina - Paloma Arredondo, Matilde Álvarez Vda. de Ruizpalacios / Abuela Mati - Queta Lavat, Miguel Ángel Ruizpalacios Romagnoli - Jaime Camil, Minerva Fontanet Blanco - Ingrid Martz, Nepomuceno Escandiondas "Rey del Plátano" - Arturo Peniche, Perla Ivette Menchaca Martínez - Abril Rivera, Refugio Mendoza - Leticia Perdigón, Saúl Ballesteros - Agustin Arana, Vilma Terán Sade - Tiaré Scanda, Wendolín "La Güendy" Tinoco - Gabriela Zamora,

OTHER ACTORS: Daniel Díaz de León, Geraldine Galván, Polo Morin, Pablo Valentín

This list courtesy of telenovela-world.com Thanks TNW!!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder