Friday, March 28, 2014

De Que Te Quiero, Te Quiero #15- Fri 3/28

De que no renuncio, no renuncio

Diego asks what's it to Natalia if he gets divorced.  "It bugs me that you're screwing up another woman's life the way you screwed up mine."  He has no clue what she means, but she has a flashback and gets the hell out of there, insisting that she quits and she never wants to see him again.

Apparently, the sex trade is a new enterprise for The Shrimp, but he think he's going to like it.  Ugh!

Diana, misguided Diana, thinks she's always acted the same, so clearly the problem here is that Diego wants someone else.  Well, fine, if he wants a divorce, he's going to pay through the nose for it!

Skeevy guy in the blue shirt calls on 5 girls, including Brigitte, for callbacks.  He asks them to be there bright and early tomorrow, and in bathing suits.

Carmen's in the prison sewing room, showing off her mad skillz.  The prisoner who appears to be in charge of the sewing room is won over by Carmen and even takes her suggestion to ask the guard if they can put on some music.  Whaddayaknow, the guard lends them a boombox and Carmen starts the prison sewing room dance party.

Natalia visits the Good Vibes kiosk to tell her old boss, Angela, that Diego's getting a divorce because he thinks he has a chance with her, but she is just not ever going to give him a chance.  Angela can't understand why Natalia is seeing bad intentions behind all of Diego's behavior.  Well, yes, there was the attempted rape back in Tuxpan, but if that hadn't happened….  Well, Natalia refuses to ever forget that, or to listen to any defense of Diego's current behavior.  She needs to focus on making money to pay for Alberto's services.

Karina greets Vicente, who couldn’t care less that she had the flu…it's about damn time she showed up and he has work for her to do.  Even hard-hearted little me feels a little sorry for Karina when Vicente tells her that she now works for HIM, exclusively, and he has a zero-tolerance policy for ineptitude and drama.  He dismisses her, after giving her a folder to take to the foreman at the plant.

Diana finds a private detective and makes an appointment.  I hope Alberto advises Diego to keep his nose scrupulously clean until the divorce goes through.  She meets the detective and he asks for Diego's info and an advance.  Sold!

Diego's mind is drifting as he's supposed to be discussing suppliers with Grumps.  Annnnd they're back to arguing about whether he'll get divorced or not.  Again Diego doesn't budge.  Grumps sends him off to place the order with the supplier.

Natalia calls Alberto to ask about his fees, but he begs off, asking if he can stop by her house later.  Natalia tells Angela that she's going to disentangle herself from Diego.  Alberto immediately calls Diego to ask QTH is going on with him and Natalia.  Diego begs Alberto to stall, so he'll have a chance to get Natalia back.

Brigitte's not liking the look of any of her bikinis, so she busts into her secret stash of cash and decides to buy a new one.  "Lo que no muestras, no vendes." What you don't show, you don't sell.  She runs into Natalia on the way out and says she passed the first round.  Padre Juancho calls Natalia.  He'll be meeting with the bishop and it's near Caprico, so he thought they could have lunch together.  Except she's no longer working there, so nope.

Diana tries to transfer the advance to the PI, but since Oliverio the Sexter hasn't bothered to give back the extra zero she gave him yesterday, she's a little short.  The Sexter claims he's just been sooooo busy with auditions that he hasn't had time, but he'll get right on it, ASAP. 

The Beard tells The Shrimp that at tomorrow's "callback" they'll take photos to send out to the pimps, so the pimps can start making offers.  The Louse shows up to tell The Shrimp that they have to tie up all the loose ends.

Diego shows up at Natalia's.  She hurts his hand trying to slam the door on him, so that buys him a couple of minutes.  "Please, baby, please come back to me!"  Natalia is not interested in being the other woman…or, in this case, ANY of his women!  Diego explains that if he wants a divorce, it's because he doesn't love Diana, not because of Natalia.  Although, Natalia is the reason that he never loved Diana.  Because he's always been in love with Natalia.  Nope, she's not buying what he's selling.  She says she can't trust him after he lied about being married…or, hid that he was married…whatever.  "Even if I don't have a chance with you, I'm divorcing her anyway." Padre Juancho shows up and punches Diego.  Diego taunts Padre, saying if he wants to hit him again, go for it, and he won't defend himself.  He tries asking QTH he did, but before Padre Juancho can spit it out, Natalia begs him to stop.  And he does.  And he leaves like she asks.  Bad Padre Juancho!

Carmen is chatting with her new buddies at the loading dock about her awesome restaurant.  A prisoner called The General, freshly out of solitary, is informed about Carmen, who arrived in her absence.  Oh great.  Carmen doesn't take The General's threats, or her thirty-year sentence for "getting rid of" someone very seriously.  "What?  You mean, like, you fired them?"  I'm not sure if Carmen's being deliberately obtuse, or just naïve, but "despachar" does mean "get rid of" in both senses…"fired" and "killed."  Either way, Carmen continues her story about how she ended up in prison after saying to the other gals "perro que ladra no muerde" (a dog that barks doesn't bite).

Back at Natalia's, Diego swears he's in heaven, what with the ice pack on his face and Natalia's fingers in his hair.  She decides that he's recovered enough to get the heck out of her place.  He tells her if she doesn't come back to work, ok, but he wants to pay Alberto's fees.  She refuses.

Diego calls Alberto and begs him to keep helping Natalia.  "You're the only link I have left to her!"

The Louse tries to hit on a blonde woman catching a cab, but she looks at him like something she found on the bottom of her shoe.  He thinks he recognizes her from somewhere.

Alberto comes over to Garcia Central Station so Natalia can grill him about his fees.  Alberto says he really can't calculate that right now…it's going to depend on how much time he has to spend in court…really there's just no way to estimate.  "And, besides, Diego's going to pay for it, and I'm not trying to take advantage of you."  He insists on not giving her a figure until he manages to get her mom out of jail.  He tells Natalia he's known Diego for, like, ever, and he's the awesomest guy he knows.

Diego leaves work and his new stalker gets some photos.  Including one of Diego stopping his car halfway into the street to fiddle with his Bluetooth headset.

Natalia visits Padre Juancho to explain QTH was going on earlier.  She's confused because she hasn't forgotten what happened, but he's being really nice.  Padre Juancho says Diego is just a tail and horns away from being the devil himself.  Natalia denies that she's still in love with him or that she's given him any hope that there could be anything between them again.  Alberto's going to keep handling her mom's case, but Natalia just doesn't know how she's going to pay him is all.

Karina barely gets her shoes off before Diana shows up to complain that she was gone too long and she kept Diana waiting.  She asks if Grumps didn't happen to share any information about her looming divorce.  Karina, after she's already explained that she had to use a combination of public transportation and pata power (that's what we used to call "walking" when I was younger) to take those papers to the factory, says that no, she didn't find anything out, 'cause her boss is a "negrero" (slave driver).  The PI calls to report to Diana that Diego just went into an apartment building.  Karina has to be the one to tell her that, no, it's not his alleged lover's apartment, it's Alonso's new place.  Diana pouts.

Alonso is now getting the latest update in the ongoing saga of Diego, Natalia, and the Neverending Misunderstanding, courtesy of Diego and Alberto.

At Casa Karina, let the tequila flow.  Diana doesn't seem to understand that Karina does have some actual work to do at work, and she can't spend all day spying on Diego.

Diana finally goes back to The Big House, puts on some slinky PJs, and tries to beg Diego not to leave her.  Fail.

Natalia is having a sleepless night, filled with confusion.  She ends up getting out of bed to make a pro-con list.  "Cons: two-faced, takes advantage…no, wait he doesn't.  Pros…not many…generous, supportive, decent person."  She remembers their first kiss and decides to go back to work.

Not that she knows what to say to him.  Diana arrives before Diego does and asks to speak to Natalia…but not at her desk.

The Beard informs the five girls at the callback that the "winner" will be the face of a cruise line and the actual shoot will be in Miami, so they all need to have their passports in order or they might as well scram now.  Brigitte makes a face, but keeps up the pretense as she goes off to change with the other girls.

Diego shows up, sees Natalia's empty desk, and makes a pouty face.

The Beard, The Shrimp, and The Louse are talking loud enough that Brigitte, behind a screen in another room, can hear them talking and recognizes Carlos' voice.

In the ladies' room, Diana apologizes to Evelia…er, Natalia…again.  "I knew I wasn't wrong about you, Laurita."  She tells Natalia that Diego's cheating on her.  "He must be, because he asked for a divorce.  You have to help me find out who the woman is, Rosalba…yeah, yeah, whatever your name is.  Help me, I'm begging you, you have to help me save my marriage!"

Monday: Carlos is back and he threatens Brigitte; Natalia sees Diana and the Sexter sucking face in a very non-cousinish way.

Labels:


Comments:
If there were a DQTQTQ drinking game, having The Great Misunderstanding almost cleared up would be worth 1 drink...actually clearing it up would be worth 1 drink for every "almost" we have to endure before they get there.
 

I noticed during the credits that Brigitte and Albogado were smooching. I think it was them. I was on hold with cable and not paying close attention.

Can't wait to watch the episode. Gonna wait for Hulu tomorrow. But for now I'll read the recap. Back in a sec.
 

Fabulous stuff. I love this and it's great, but you're being mighty generous to call whatever that thing is hanging off dude's chin a "beard."
 

Thanks for the recap Kat. I like your suggestion about "The Great Misunderstanding" as a drinking game. Then the near misses would be more amusing.

Though tns do this a lot, I'm disturbed by the current crop of them that seem to rationalize violent behavior in the supposed galan. And with the misunderstanding, one way to read this story is Nat is somewhat accepting of her attacker.

 

I will say this...and not n a condoning way...I'm glad the attack scene was somewhat bumbling and flailing. I'm sure Natalia was terrified, but as a viewer it was just badly acted enough that I can sort of deal with Natalia's continued interest in Diego...sort of.

Does that make any sense?
 

I think flat-out excusing the rape and ending up with the guy is more common within the genre, which is why I appreciate that she at least feels conflicted. Or maybe I'm thinking of US soaps. Haven't we had a weekend discussion about this?
 

I'm sure it has come up. I know they did a crappy job with dealing with rape in CI. I'm not watching it, but I know LQLVMR had a marital rape and I think she got over it?
 

Sara while I understand what you are saying about the attack being poorly acted, Nat was traumatized and had to move b/c they all thought Diego (really Rod) had died. I get what you are saying about not condoning what happened. It's annoying to me that she hasn't asked and gotten an answer about his altered states.

Yes there was martial rape over on Robo and the writers have taken the route of acting like it never happened. It's glossed over in the form of both protagonists acted very badly at the start of the marriage. But the levels of female abuse, physical and emotional, on that tn is disturbing b/c its naturalized; jealousy and abuse are portrayed as loving gestures. It seems the writers didn't both the update the sex roles for the 21st century. And the writers for CI's rape plot line should be shot and not just for that bad plotline.

I haven't seen a US tn dealing w/rape for a while. And yes we've discussed violence including rape in tns in a weekend discussion a while back.
 

I find the lawyer more attractive than the galan. I have never seen this actor before, but he could be a galan. I hope that he doesn't 't end up with Bratgitte.

Diana and her BFF are getting on my last nerve...silly girls.
 

Albogado is really becoming one of my faves. He really is so sweet. He can either turn Bratgitte around or she can break his heart.

Really, there are a lot of sweet people on this show. Even the "villains" are two-dimensional. It's the perfect appetizer to the PSMA Entree of Tragedy. (Just as QPTR is the dessert after Robo.)

I just saw elsewhere that this is pulling in even lower numbers than MPV which makes me a little sad. I expect Univision to start messing with it now.
 

Oh dear, is it heading to noon. As long as they replace it with sth really GOOD.
 

I'm not sure they will mess with the time slot...yet. With the world cup starting up in June I wonder what will happen to afternoon programming.

I don't mind afternoon novelas, but those are rarely covered at Caray and I find I like the discussion when I'm watching a show. For example I really liked Cachito and I suspect I would have enjoyed it even more with "friends."
 

Er. And the villains are one-dimensional. I really shouldn't try to sound smart.
 

Diana and Karina baffle me. From the beginning, Diana's insistence on "having" Diego wasn't looking good. Then, when she has him, she acquires a lover that she "just can't" let go of, even though she still wants to keep her chokehold on Diego. Not that I actually care, I just really need to know what her damage is so she makes some kind of sense to me. I'm afraid, as Sara says, that she's really just 1-dimensional and the writers didn't bother giving her a motivation or making her a complete person...she's just a cardboard cutout.
 

5ft....Diana just wants what Diana wants. She wants her meal ticket Diego and her friend with benefits. In Diana's universe, everyone should be orbiting around Diana. She is annoying , especially her shrill Hissyfits. Basta. Get -A-Job....or a hobby. And to quite Mi amigo Carlos...NEXT.
 

Quote
 

I think Sexter and shopping are her hobbies. I suspect Diego is a great meal ticket (her original desire to have him), but she's made it clear he doesn't satisfy her other appetites. Kinda makes me feel bad for Nat should they get that far. Meh, maybe he's a hunk o' burnin' love with the right partner.
 

Yes, you are right. Those do seem to be her only hobbies. I hope that she stays away from Albogado. He seems like he could be a hunk_o-burning love, but I would like to see him with a nice girl.
 

I'm eager for Irene to get together with the other Al. She definitely deserves a real man.
 

I would like to see Irene with Eleazer. The two actors had good chemistry in Pasion ...as friends. However, I know that Elrazer is intended for the leading lady Carmen.
 

I definitely think that would make a better pairing, but I figure I won't waste time hoping for that since it's pretty clear it won't happen.

I wouldn't mind Paolo and Abdul finding some nice girls. If not girlfriends then at least keep giving them "daring duo" storyline. Those two are cutie patooties.
 

I love him ... I hate him
I'll never forgive him ... maybe it wasn't so bad
I quit ... no, I don't ... yes, I do ... never mind ... I'll NEVER work here again ... maybe just this one time
lather, rinse, repeat ... lather, rinse repeat

Booooorrrrrriiiiinnnngggg!!!
 

LOL. Practically every TN is lather, rinse, repeat! :)
 

I'm watching the episode right now... Was that Kimberly getting into the taxi and who Carlos tried to pick up?
 

You're right! That was Kimberly. I knew I recognized the actress, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember her being on this show. Ah, well...she's overlooked by me and by Eleazar too, poor thing.
 

Well, it makes me a little nervous that she boinked Eleazar and now we find out Carlouse thinks he recognizes her....
 

He met her the night they were all in the same restaurant for dinner.
 

Doh! That's right. Surely something is up with this encounter, though? Otherwise what's the point of the scene?
 

But of course this is a Novela. I should know that there are plenty of pointless scenes.
 

They don't seem to have a lot of throwaway moments so far. Kimberly may find herself as Louse's next target. While I don't think Eleazar would do something as dangerous as ask a civilian to go undercover, I also don't know that he wouldn't take advantage of the situation. If he could do it and keep Kimberly safe.
 

Very true about not having a lot of throw away moments.

Ya know? Bratgitte's gig is supposedly in Miami. Connection? Could they just be using the modeling as a front for muling?
 

Was I the only one that liked it when Papa Juancho punched Diego? I've seen a few badass priests on tns, but never one that threw punches. I liked that he was defending Natalia from the guy (he thinks) tried to assault her. Especially after Angela was excusing him. If I was Natalia's best friend/boss I'd be throwing punches too not encouraging her to forgive! I can't wait until "The Great Misunderstanding" is cleared up so we can stop this weird pro/con thing about Diego and just accept him as a good (if a little dumb) guy. Also love the idea of a drinking game, lol.

Cassandra G.
 

I can't remember if Padre Plaid on MPV punched anyone while he was still a Padre, but I think he might have.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder