Friday, March 14, 2014

Que Pobres tan Ricos #49, 14 March 2014...Some folks are truthful about their feelings or lack of them when they are wasted in alcohol

Chuy, Lupita, Frida and Gwendy are all standing around the cement pile… Mati keeps helping opening the water faucet. MA comes out, asks how is it going? Chuy leaves. AS I thought, one of the times they asked Mati to open the water, Frida lost control of the hose and everyone is getting a shower.


Downstairs, it is wedding day!! Every white balloon in MC was bought and filled for this place. The wife is very pregnant. JT and Frida are commenting on this btw. JT says they kill two birds with one stone: wedding and baby christening. She tries to rant at him but he says you laughed at the joke too…

CK goes to Carmelita. He wants to toast with her for the couple. Chuy comes in to stand between them. CK looks much better showered and clean shaven. Chuy says go be the host of your guests. Chuy drags CK away, Carmelita giggles because she realizes Chuy is jealous about her.

Time for the first dance for the couple, again, cumbia. Oh boy, the couple on top of the cake are taller than the cake itself!! Nepo comes and congratulates CK on the party. Then he spots Lupita and wants to talk to her. She is too busy. You still angry at me, right? You are killing me with the stare. Lupita confirms she is. Carmelita is happy dancing around. Gwendy comes to Nepo. Are you still mad at me? He is… Gwendy says when you get over your anger, let me know. Nepo looks at the liquor, seems fairly good per his facial expression.

Everyone keeps dancing around. Lots of young folks dancing happily. Nepo comes back to kitchen. Still a bad moment? Yup! Besides, you are kinda wasted. Mi Mike comes down… Nepo wants to talk about couple blues with him. Can we sing ‘Por un amor’ together? MA doesn’t know the lyrics. Wants to leave but Nepo won’t leave him. Nepo tells him there is a slang that says ‘a la prima no se le arrima’ (you don’t get close to your cousin). MA confirms… Guadalupe and I are cousins. Nepo says he likes MA (NOT!!) We will drink together! Nepo asks MA what he used to drink up in the US. Seems Nepo now wants to get MA drunk. One… two… three! (NEpo is pretty intimidating getting MA to drink the tequila shot.)

JT and his friend are the DJ/hosts and start the ‘talking’ script of the reception. JT asks Frida to come to the front (seems JT wants to put her on the spot to sing). Oh no, he wants her to dance! And pushes her into the center of the floor while he sings. Frida tries to move but she is really totally lost.

Gwendy goes to talk to Lupita in kitchen. Gwendy is wasted too. Gwendy tells Lupita that the whole chaos with Nepo was her fault. Gwendy never thought Lupita would get so mad at Nepo to give him the silent treatment. Lupita asks her why she did it. For you, mi Lupita. Enough living on the past keeping men out because of what happened with ‘el tipo ese’. You deserve a man to take care of you and Nepo is that guy. What I did I did it because I care about you, and I want you to end up with the best man I know. Nepo needs a partner and I want that to be my best friend! (Lupita ends up huggin Gwendy, Nepo is peeking in through curtain)

MA is drinking himself to death on the couch, Gwendy comes in… these two are both wasted… she sits down on couch with him (this time it is Lupe peeking behind the curtain). Gwendy gets really close to MA, inside his vital space…Gwendy asks MA if he will ever make a pass at her. She prefers one colorada to 100 discolored ones…

At the hotel, Leo and AS are still planning their escape… Leo is suggesting locking the maids in the closet.. what is the name of the play? ‘The escape of the RP’s!!’… AS says that is not like me, disguising ourselves and going to live out on the street. (too much bright canary yellow glare in that scene!!)

Back to MA/Gwendy. MA does not like to deceive anyone. If you want to have something beyond friendship with me, better not expect anything. You are a beautiful woman… (but I am not your type) not not that… you are a beautiful woman… but at this moment I can’t be with anyone.. not with you… or with anyone. Gwendy says she wants to toast to MA for his sincerity… Cheers!! (On the other side of the curtain, Lupe is smiling happily…)

Gwendy is outside leaning on the cars, wabbling around (Jose is moving the floor on me!) Nepo coms out after her, and it is debatable who is more wasted. Nepo thanks Gwendy for all her nice words about him she said to Lupita. He hugs her.

Lupe comes out to living room, MA is sleeping on couch. She slams her hand on the couch and scares him awake. She said she saw him pushing Gwendy back. MA says he was just honest with Gwendy, telling her they just did not click together. Lupe asks him if Gwendy is not his ‘type’, he gestures yes.

Nepo tells Gwendy to not get in between Lupe and him. Gwendy says the one that has to forgive you is me! You are a bad friend! (these two go from hugging nicey to arguing in the blink of an eye!) She calls him verdulero (produce guy). He will show her how … (he goes to hold her by waist but she pushes him. ‘what were you going to show me?’ He goes over to her again but this time it is to plant a big kiss / hug. They don’t let go… he kissed the girl and they both liked it!

Back inside, Lupe and MA also are arguing… MA says there are very beautiful women here who take your sleep away… She won’t look at him, he asks her to… then walks to her… He says each day I … I can only look at you like this… that is why we can’t deny anymore… that something is happening here… (she snaps awake and asks ‘something what??’ and pushes him back as if she was suddenly attacked by ants) Lupe thinks MA is looking for a affair type woman. MA keeps playing the word games with her… don’t put words in my mouth. What I said was that Gwendy is not my ‘type’. Why would I not like a woman like you?... beautiful, smart, noble, with a great heart, workaholic… (Lupe continues it) With no money, with a son … of your cousin by the way… you get why you could never notice someone like me and I could not notice someone like you? (MA won’t let her leave… he gets close to her very slowly, kisses her neck/ear…) … The only thing I will say is that I won’t take back even one of my words… the ones I said… and the ones I did not say. (Lupe says he said that because he is drunk). He comes back to try to prove that theory down… but on his way trips around with everything… He finally leaves, she smiles then seems to be a bit scared of her own feelings/reaction.

CK is trying to offer Carmelita a ride home, but Chuy steals the woman from him.

Frida and JT again have another confrontation in the bathroom door, they both have taken showers, JT jokes around, Frida again acts offended by his ‘mocking’. JT says I told you I would show you what the difference is between living in the prole and the nacos… And even if you won’t admit it, you like it!

Chuy is walking Carmelita home… He tells her he won’t let CK get close to her because she is a special person for him. Carme says she was only talking to CK. Chuy says he is just warning her about CK’s ways with women… mujeriego, borracho, parrandero and … but he is a great friend. But as a man, I won’t put my hands on the fire for him. I never butt in his business but won’t let him hurt you either. You are too important for me. Carmelita gets all jello saying she appreciates that he cares for her so much. Chuy takes that as his cue to leave her and go back home.

MA is still working on that wall, but this time it looks very nice, even and balanced. He is using the lever to make sure the bricks are lined up. Even made space for the door… (he is remembering some cute moments with Lupelike when he tasted the olla podrida, he tells himself he can’t stop thinking about her. Lupe is also remembering their conversation leaning on the mattress and other moments, then his words ‘why would I not like a woman like you… beautiful, smart, noble, with a great heart, workaholic… Lupe tells herself to stop thinking of him, then smiles)

Next day… Carmelita is waking up, dreaming of Don Chuy. The doorbell rings. She wakes up startled.

At the hotel, AS and Leo are followed by hotel agents… manager reminds them they won’t be able to leave without paying. AS says ‘don’t be ridiculous, I told you I would pay you on Monday… Leo says we just wanted to take in some sun at the pool deck. AS and Leo claim they are no delinquents. Manager lets them go on…

A woman client was the one at the door. She was looking for Gwendy. Carmelita goes to get Gwendy and realizes from the bedroom that Gwendy did not spend the night there… Gwendy spent the night with NEPO!!! Nepo wakes up with a female arm around him… Gwendy wakes up and is scared of being in bed with Nepo!! Nepo can’t remember anything… they both are ‘aching’ thinking of how they got there… Nepo realizes he is naked!! … so is Gwendy!! … DUH!! Connect the dots, people!! Did it happen? I want to say no, but I think yes!... ah caray!...

At hotel, AS and Leo are trying again to flee the hotel. They have hidden their disguises… AS did not bring Leo’s shoes… Leo wants them to cancel the plan, he can’t leave in slippers… they take the robes off and take off…

MA keeps working on the wall. Mati is observing, Frida is trying to help mix the cement. MA asks them to say it is coming up pretty. Frida says it is coming… but can’t get herself to say its pretty. Mati is planning the setup of the room… we will put this there, this over there… and Aureliano’s bust over here… MA is losing his breath… he asks Frida for a glass with water.. MA asks Mati why the grandpa bust is so important.

Gwendy and Nepo are getting dressed, they argue, lets pretend it never happened… if we can’t remember it is like it never happened… (this is at the motel room?)

MA tries to get Mati to tell him what she knows about grandpa’s papers. Mati seems to be faking it, tells him a story of something that happened with some guy and grandpa. Frida arrives with the icewater glass, MA doesn’t want it now. Suddenly they hear mariachis… Nepo has brought a mariachi serenade for Lupita. And he is singing himself!! Lupe is looking at him and her eyes get teary. MA, Frida and Mati observe from up in the roof… ‘As me for my life but don’t ask me to stop loving you’…

Previews: Lupe says she never got a kiss like the one she got from MA last night… Nepo proposes to Lupe out on the street in front of the mariachi.

Labels:


Comments:
YAY Martaivett!
Whew- - Sounds like this one was hot and heavy. I only saw the bit with MA gently turning down Guendy but it is taped and now I'm ready to watch it all tomorrow.
 

Martaivett, thank you for your very fine recap. the title was especially apropos.

Starting with the end, it was QBA déjàs vu seeing Nepo(Arturo Peniche) in his mariachi suit.

My favorite scenes from last night:

José Tizoc telling Frida that although he scares her she likes him.

AS and Leonardo rubbing noses and tilting their heads and Da Vinci tilting his head, too.

AS and Leonardo making a run for it in their street clothes and slippers.

Nepo and Güendy waking up and discovering they had probably done the deed.

Carmelita and don Chuy almost kissing when he takes her home.

MA giving Lupita the kiss on the cheek and all of the pondering afterwards.

Lupita looked anything but joyous at the serenade. I hope she doesn't feel obligated to string Nepo along any farther since the the kiss with MA should have changed her mind. Will she turn Nepo down in public? The proposal is just another sign that poor Nepo does not get it. Anyway, it is hard to dislike any of the characters in this one.

Jarifa
 

Right, because after you spend the night naked (whether you done the deed or not) with your "beloved's" best friend, the next step is to serenade her and propose to her. What a tool!
 

Thanks, Martaivett! Lots of fun in this episode.

Enjoyed Nepo's serenade, although we had no explanation why the Banana King also performs serenades in full charro suit with mariachi backing. He needs to stop and think before he pressures Lupe about marriage.

Waiting to see if the great escape succeeds for AS, Leo, and Da Vinci.
 

Marta:

Thanks so much for this marvelous recap! This was another funny one.

I really liked the Lupe and MA little chat, with the kissing of the cheek. It was very sweet. When Lupe thought MA was drunk, he said he'd only had two shots of tequila. She thought he'd had half the bottle. There is some great chemistry between the two of them.

Same with Guendy and Nepo. There is real passion between the two of them. I laughed so hard at the outside of that hotel with the neon hearts all over it, too funny! That room also looked like the same room Nepo booked before. I say they did it too, and they know it and are trying to bury the memory. I wonder if Guendy will let something slip in the future, that mouth can keep nothing to itself.

I liked seeing Nepo in the mariachi outfit, I remember his really fab ones from QBA, but Nepo is riddled with guilt, I think and wants to make sure he nabs Lupe now, cause I think he is afraid Guendy and he will be doing some more of the horizontal mambo if he doesn't snag Lupe soon. I agree with Anon 3:31 Nepo is a tool!

I too wonder if AS, Leo and little Da Vinci will make the Great Escape. I guess AS doesn't want to go back to La Nopalera anytime soon. I just hope she doesn't take Ahole up on his offer.
 

I really loved Carmelita telling the stuffed parrot that Don Chuy was jealous- - and her excitement when he almost kissed her. So sweet. And he was so cute getting territorial about Carmelita, walking her home etc.

I am gradually getting a feel for the rhythms and expressions of the language in this show. I especially appreciated MA telling Gwendy that he didn't understand her. She throw so many itos and ochos on all her words among her slang too. It's all fun.
 

Marta, thanks for the detailed recap! I so appreciate all your time!

Carmelita may realize that Don Chuy is jealous, but Don Chuy doesn't realize it. I think he believes he is being protective of Carmelita because she is almost like a member of the family. I don't think he is thinking romantically at all yet.

Though the writers are making MA almost as stupid as a box of rocks, I did feel the chemistry between Lupita and MA. Ditto (though on a less romantic level) for Frida and JT as well as Nepo and Guendy.

Can't wait to see where our three little deadbeats end up after they've flown the coop.

I don't think Mati is faking it. I think she has periods where she is completely lucid and then periods where she is not.

Barbara
 

Nepo, Nepo, Nepo. You never learn.

Every time Lulita bristles at even the tiniest step forward in their relationship, he tries to jump to a whole new level. News flash, buddy, if she doesn't even want to kiss you or go anywhere with you, she probably is not hot to get married.

And right after sweating up the sheets with Guendy! That is beyond tacky.

Fun wedding reception. What were those table decorationd supposed to be? Love serpents? Chilly-Killer and Tizoc looked good. Chuy could have made a little more effort, but then I guess he wasn't trying to impress anyone...that he is aware of yet.

MA's drunken sincerity with Lulita was nice. If only he'd been a tad drunker and let slip a mention of the million dollars.

Thanks for the recap!
 

Thanks for the recap! Excited to watch this ep later :)
 

Uh, Lupita, not Lulita. Thanks for the help, autocorrect.

Is it wrong that I'm on AS's and Leo's side? Do I really want them to get away with this larceny? Well, I definitely want the Menchacas to find out AS stole the money, but other than that I don't care so much whether the anvils come for them. They are so much fun to watch. Although I'm sure it would also be funny to see how they would cope with arrest and jail.
 

Marta thanks so much for your recap.

Nepo is a bit scary with his not getting it. I hope Lupe doesn't feel obligated to keep going out w/him.

Julia I wish I could find AS and Leo as amusing as you and others do. I just look forward to their anvil for stealing the Menchacas money.
 

I like Leo more than AS. I wouldn't mind her getting a lesson in consequences. But I don't want Leo's personality to get stifled when the anvil falls on him.
 

LOL Julia, you sound like this guy is like the last guy that got 'selected' at this season's The voice, the guy is all personality, even if singing talent wise he is just so so... so Adam picked him up and then he was jumping and shouting all over... he will be cool to watch who Adam matches up with on the battle rounds... i am glad they don't look just for pure voice, but take into account personalities...
so in a nutshell, I can see why you are willing to give Leo the benefit of the doubt and not want him to change. I am with you there.
 

I want him to develop a few more morals and job skills, but without losing his flair.
 

Leo isn't completely amoral and self-absorbed, the way his mother is. He was horrified when he realized she stole the money. Then she talked him into enjoying it a little. I don't think he would have gone this far, except that Mac showed up and he felt trapped and also like marrying her would solve everything. So he's bad, but there is a seed of decency deep down that could be developed, especially if he got away from his mother.

But he's so fun to watch.
 

Thanks, Marta. Still catching up, but I'd really like to read this before I start tonight's episode!

Glancing through the comments, I'll just say: YES I want AS and Leo to get their anvil. But I also want both of them to learn valuable lessons and all of that junk. This is in contrast to what I want for Ahole, which is ruination.

The difference is that I see redeeming potential in AS and Leo. I'll admit that AS is a long shot, but Leo definitely seems salvageable.

Alejo, on the other hand, hasn't shown us a single thing that indicates that he's capable of empathy or remorse; furthermore, he has no skills or virtues that are even worth redeeming.

Come to think of it, neither does Isela. Though I think of her as more of a parasite for now. She hasn't actually done anything evil yet, but it's not hard to imagine that she might.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy watching these (and other) characters rack up their karma bills, not only because all of them are amusing, but because I believe that they will get what's coming to them - and each will respond according to his or her gifts (or lack of them).
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder