Tuesday, April 29, 2014

De Que Te Quiero Te Quiero #36 4/29/14


De que los escritores me odian, me odian.

What started out as a tickle in my throat has quickly devolved into TB (that might be a minor exaggeration.) So anyhoo. I paid attention as best I could and took pitiful notes and the recap might have some holes in it.

Grandfather Vicente (Grumps) dips into the reading material Al left and begins to think about Rod. That can't be a life. Grumps would rather he be dead than hooked up to wires and possibly suffering. He asks Rosa what she would do.

Rodrigo's (Rod's) nurse continues to swoon and thinks she's falling in love. In his head, Rod wakes up (all white set=comaland) and hears the nurse.

Diego tells Diana she'll be submitting to a DNA test the next day...at a lab of his choosing!

Alonso (Al) has followed Irene to Caprico. He apologizes and plants a wet one on her. Irene rejects him. Eleazar (El) is dropping Natalia (Nat) off at Caprico. The 2 love-sick amigos decide to grab a drink.



Irene broods in her office. She is really bothered by the age difference. Natalia comes in and explains how Brigitte (Bratgitte or Brat) thinks the job was stolen from her. Irene pays minimal attention. She's still thinking about Al.

Al and El share drinks and lady woes.

Diana calls Karina and whines about her predicament. She doesn't know how she's going to falsify the results. Karina thinks they are both in the same moneyless boat. Diana doesn't think their situation is alike at all! Karina is feeling guilty about their actions from epsisodes 1-35. Diana doesn't want to hear Karina's moralizing. Karina thinks they kind of deserve what's happening to them.

Irene and Nat pull a late night design session. They share a cab home.

Al and El are still drinking. Al whines about friend/bro zone and Tad. El whines about Chato (Am I the only one that finds it odd that we have one character who's life was almost destroyed by alcohol and several characters that ROUTINELY turn to the bottle for problem solving?)

Irene will come up to meet Carmen.

Al and El make it home safely.

Carmen is a little cool to Irene. Irene wants to talk to Brat privately. Brat can't comply to her request fast enough. Carmen wishes Nat had told her Irene was coming over.

Irene explains to Brat that Nat did NOT take her job. (Brat just heard wah wah wah I'm sure.) Irene further explains it's just not the time. Brat begs to work with Irene and Irene gives in. There's something about social service for school?

Carmen just thinks Irene is trying to win points for Diego. Brat comes out and squees about her new job. Carmen is out of squee.

Al talks to a photo. Irene is even more guapa now. He's still an idiot with an impossible love.

El talks to his ticket stubs. Kimberly comes to visit. They glom on each other.

Irene explains the details of the job to Carmen (I didn't catch much of it.) More about the social service. Did she say there was a nice salary? Brat is thrilled. Irene makes some motherly comments bout sibling rivalry (?) Carmen bristles. Carmen excuses herself to go to Luz's house. While there, Carmen bemoans Nat's trusting Nature. Luz rightly concludes Carmen is jealous. Carmen should be thrilled this woman has given her daughters work.

Time for the DNA test montage! It was hard to take notes and see everything. El and Kimberly make out. Chato courts Carmen. Al and Irene brood. Nat seems to have better ideas than Brat. Alberto (Albogado) catches up with Brat outside school and tries to talk to her. She runs away (Let her run, dude.) Diana is witchy to the staff. Tadeo (Tad) working with a daydreamy Irene. Karina looks for work. Irene watches a cougar with her man.

Una semana despúes....It's Diego's dammit. Diana is thrilled. I hate this woman. Why? Why?

Natalia and Brat are in a fabric wharehouse. Brat whines about working on a Saturday. Natalia is interested in a chiffon. Irene meets up with them. Brat acts like a brat.

Diego is in shock. He will take responsibility for his child, but he still wants a divorce! Diana gloating that they won. Her lawyer reminds her it's not a war (I think he's tired of her, too!) Diana calls Gilda/Hilda (Mrs. Caretaker) and tells her to ready the champagne. They are going to celebrate the newest Caceres!

The fonda is packed. Chato continues to call Carmen "Carmela" (cut it out already!) Chato is put to work. El doesn't seemed to pleased to see that when he arrives.

Irene, Nat and Brat talk about fabrics. I think Brat wants some expensive silk and Nat is partial to a utilitarian taffeta(?). Irene makes a tactful reply. We'll look at price and what is best for the design. Irene invites the girls to lunch at some restaurant that I think Brat said was famous. Tad calls and he and Irene make plans to all eat together. Tad would like to see Nat again.

El tries to show up Chato in the waiter department. Marcelo Cordoba makes being a waiter look sexy. Chato calls in reinforcements.

Diana gives Grumps the DNA results. He lets her know that nothing has changed. She's still an adulterer. The baby is a Caceres. She is a thing apart.

El calls in some reinforcements of his own! Morales is offended he wasn't called in and invites himself along.

Tad runs into Al outside the restaurant. Tad invites Al along. They exchange words that I didn't pay much attention to. Al did ask Tad what his intentions were with Irene. Irene and the girls arrive and it's awkward.

Carmen is pleased with the work Chato's minions are doing. El's minions arrive. Chato recognizes Morales and says he tried to detain him.

Brat rambles while everyone else at the table thinks their own thoughts.

Irene: I'm too old for Al
Tad: I want Irene back, but I don't want it to be out of pity.
Nat: Why won't Diego call?

Morales explains that the school principal called about a suspicious type. Chato didn't have his ID when asked for it. Chato hit him with a crutch and ran. El acts like he knew nothing about it. Carmen thought bubbles something I miss.

Diego calls Nat. The need to talk. Nat excuses herself from lunch. Brat is a brat. She asks Tad the artist if he ever needs a model.

Diana sucks down some champagne and complains. Grumps just sees her as a breeder, an oven! She's going to make them all (and Viewerville) miserable.

Nat and Diego meet.

Avances

  • Diana goes to a bar. Diego drags her out.

Labels:


Comments:
Just fill in where needed. I'm off to take another dose of cough syrup. *shudder*
 

Crapadoodle. I forgot the scene where Tad and All exchange words outside the restaurant. I'll go back and add it tomorrow morning.
 

Hi Sara, thanks for a great recap despite feeling under the weather. I never would have known.

I haven't watched the episode yet. Lately I've been reading the recap before watching my tape and it helps me understand so much better.

I predicted that the DNA test would show Diego as the baby father. I wonder if Diego really is. I'm sure the writers had Diego pick the lab in order to give the impression that the results are legit. But the jury is still out on that one as far as I'm concerned.
Also Irene having Brat and Nat both work for her is bound to cause trouble for Nat. Too much bad news for my fav couple for me to watch my tape tonight. So, gracias otra vez y buenas noches todos.




 

I wonder about the results too. I would think they would have let the audience know if the results are faked. I think it was mentioned that she was 10 weeks along.

It's an interesting twist. Married in the church and now she's pregnant. How will Nat and Diego ever get together?
 

"Al and El are still drinking. Al whines about friend/bro zone and Tad. El whines about Chato (Am I the only one that finds it odd that we have one character who's life was almost destroyed by alcohol and several characters that ROUTINELY turn to the bottle for problem solving?)"

I've never liked this particular aspect of humor in telenovela comedies. Given the heartbreak and damage alcoholism and binge drinking cause in real life, I never find these scenes funny.

And yet, in general, I love the humor of this show. Just started watching it recently, given that Lo Que La Vida Me Robó, my one designated potato-chip...er...telenovela per night has turned soooo dark. This one is a welcome change and you and Karen and the indefatigable Diva have been doing a great job of holding down the fort.

Hope you feel better soon, Sara. I have a theory that we all get one crappy cold a year. Unfortunately mine lasted for 3 months this time, which also kept me from watching De Que Te Quiero Te Quiero. But now I'm feeling better and finding the show quite delightful, even the dyspeptic Abuelo.

Haven't caught up on past episodes yet, but I'm thinking of it as "homework" and feeling quite virtuous tuning into Hulu Plus.
 

Hi JudyB! Nice t see you here!

I've never been a fan of drunk=humor for the reasons you cited. I'm even less a fan considering that within the same show we have a character really struggling.

I love the word dyspeptic. It's perfect for Grumps. And while he is a grump, he tugs at my heart as he struggles with Rodrigo' condition.
 

PS I'm glad you are feeling better :)
 

Hope you'll be feeling better soon too, Sara! Top-notch hopefully in three hours or three days, rather than three months!
 

Sara, thank you for persevering and giving us this fantastic recap. I hope you are feeling better!

“Irene pays minimal attention”, “Al and El share drinks and lady woes” and “Brat comes out and squees about her new job. Carmen is out of squee” were among my favorites.

While sorry to have missed this episode, thank you for retelling all of the events with such flair. Now El as a server is something I would certainly love to see.

Was surprised about the DNA results. I still suspect the results were tampered with.

Not liking that Carmen is jealous of Irene at this early stage.

"even the dyspeptic Abuelo". Judy, so happy you are here and relieved you are feeling better.

Sara, thank you again.

Diana
 

I'm pretty sure we all knew what the test results were going to be, but it's still very frustrating. If the results were tampered with, I hope they make that clear very soon.
 

The results weren't tampered with. Diana had no opportunity. There was always the possibility that it could be Diego's, since before he knew of her adultery he thought it was his.
He and Alberto were talking and Al said she's 10 weeks and Diego said that he hadn't touched her in a while unless "it was that time when…"
But I'm glad they continue to be logical in that he isn't trying to stay married to a cheating wife he doesn't love.

Thank you for the recap Sara. I hope you feel better!
 

Also you can see that Diana is just as surprised as anyone that the baby is Diego's.
 

Well drat. Lol. I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. He definitely didn't have the typical "I can't leave a pregnant woman" response. He still want the divorce. Thank heaven.
 

Thanks, Sara! I hope you are feeling 100% soon!

Judy- Nice to see you here. Join us more often.

I missed the show last night, but also sad to hear that the baby is Diego's. I'm curious if the writers will go the traditional route and kill Diana off by the end, or if Natalia and her family will accept her marrying a divorced man with a child, and NOT being able to marry him in the Church. If Nat thought that Carmen and Papa Jauncho wouldn't like the fact that Diego is getting a divorce so that he and Nat can begin a relationship, they sure as heck will crap a brick when they learn his wife (who he married in the Church) is expecting his baby. Nat herself will have a huge issue with Diego divorcing Diana when she's pregnant with his child. This is not going to be easy.
 

Gracias, Sara! I'm sorry you've come down with the plague :( I'm sure the news about Diana's spawn didn't help. Feel better soon!

I should have been more specific yesterday and said I wanted to see Marcelo lounging poolside WITHOUT Kimberly!

I too suspect shenanigans w/r/t the DNA test. Diego might have picked an un-bribeable lab, but that doesn't mean the lawyer and/or Diana didn't hire someone to sneak in and swap out a swab of Oliverio's spit for Diego's. If she looked surprised, maybe she was surprised that it actually worked? We'll only know for sure when someone needs a blood transfusion. Que DNA ni que nada! Maybe they need to start doing the test at a court-appointed location that's different from the collection site, with collection of samples happening in full view of both parties and their legal teams, samples placed immediately into envelopes/coolers, walked out of the room by three identical triplets with identical envelopes/coolers who use different clinic exits to get into armored vehicles and drive off to different labs...and still, I'm sure the sleazy TN lawyers would find someone to bribe!
 

Sara, 1st, gracias for the recap
2nd, make yourself some ginger tea, Fresh ginger is best. It burns the throat, but in a good way. Just chop into pieces & boil.

How can the baby be Diego's, they haven't had sex in ages, have they?
 

Well, if "ages" means 2 and a half- 3 months ago, then bingo.
 

Thanks for the get wells, everyone.

Vario- I'm a big fan of ginger.

So Diana will probably carry this baby to term (I'm thinking now that she's wearing a maternity top in an opening credit scene.) Wow I really didn't see it coming that the baby was legitimately Diego's. I think it is his. I'm not happy about it though.
 

How long has Nat back been in Diego's picture? I kind of got the picture that there hasn't been any hanky panky between Diana and Diego since he reconnected with Nat.
 

Thanks so much for your recap Sara and I hope you recover quickly.

Judy, so nice to see you hear. I hope things so light and nice on this but at the end of the day we have Marcelo.

Bummed about the DNA test but if its any consolation in LS's last tn AC there was a pregnancy attributed to the galan and it wasn't his.
 

Wasn't that a totally false embarazo though? Diana's rabbit definitely died.
 

You are right Sara. Doris was not pregnant. Well then I think based on tn rules Diana must die so the protagonists can have a church wedding. And we all know Nat will have no problem adopting him/her.
 

Y'all don't know how mad I am about this. There were all kinds of profanities in my notes.
 

Thanks for the recap Sara - feel better!

I haven't had time to read all the comments but just wanted to say that when the baby results were read, I started thinking that somehow she had an affair with Rod since the DNA would match Diego's..... till I remembered he has been in a coma for what, two years or so?

Hey Sara, I hate her too!!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder