Friday, April 04, 2014

Que Pobres Tan Ricos #64 The trip begins... and the wrestling event starts at all fronts. Carmelita vs AS and Leo, A-hole vs Mini and Isela, and the main event: a baker's dozen dance at Chalma.

A-hole wondering who that mystery man could be. Vilma reassures him they will find out.


MA tries to ‘explain’ to Nepo… a long story, kind of cumbuluted… Nepo says what I have is time. MA begins…

All begun when I returned to Mex, … without papers, … running from the ‘migra’ … I was the only one born in the USA… they told the ‘migra’ here that I was here. … then I had to find where to stay… Nepo offers help… MA passes… Nepo insists, seems he is offering MA a place to stay… Nepo then says we all could go to the Chalma tomorrow… you should put land between you and your problems… enjoy a vacation… MA smiles forcefully, seems it is settled…

Perla shows Chuy her swimsuit. He gets a bit miffed, says she would be more dressed with a lettuce leaf… you want to parade around Diego Armando with that on? You are a ‘damita’ and have to demand some respect… She keeps kidding around… Chuy says he has always taught Tizoc to respect women. She keeps mocking him. He gets more irritated and warns her you will not wear this, not even for Halloween (jk, he said ‘not even as a joke’).

A-hole is about to celebrate/toast to those two witches gone… Vilma reassures him that she will not let Mini keep anything of his… Door bells… Vilma yells for Oyuki to answer the door. A-hole says she is acting more and more like his mom in law.

Mini and Isela walk in with a guy in a suit… Mini warns him that ‘you pay for everything in this life’… The guy in suit announces to A-hole that Mini is suing him for spousal abuse.

Nepo and Trofeo show MA the spot he will sleep at (seems just a little step ahead of the cold attic floor, I thought Nepo’s house looked a little better. Is this his office at the fruteria?? MA is speechless at seeing his new president’s suite… his cell phone rings. As MA is on phone, Trofeo asks Nepo if it could be that MA is interested in ‘la prima’? Nepo wonders too. Nepo tells Trofeo that he is trying to get MA to trust him so MA will help him with ‘la prima’.

At Fonda, Frida and Perla… Perla is telling Frida have to write what she is eating now…Perla seems to continue being in the mood to mock someone… Lupe and Tizoc Perla does not appreciate the reprimand… When Perla and Tizoc leave, Frida thanks Lupita for defending her.

Frida leaves, Carmela comes in. Carm asks Lupita what happened with MA. Lupe tells her that Nepo offered his house to MA. In comes Don CHuy asking Lupe to explain how come Nepo offered his house to MA?

A-hole refuses… he says Mini is lying/committing perjury… (calls her difamadora)

Lupe explains to Chuy… MA gave Nepo half lies, but did admit he was running from the law. Chuy does not like Lupe tangling Nepo in that lie and in MA’s troubles. Does not like either how far Lupe is going to help MA. He says MA is perfectly capable of managing on his own. Carm tries to change the subject asking when everything needs to be ready for the birthday party. Chuy tells her then tells Lupe they have to continue the conversation later.

AS in bathroom whinning that her ‘creams’ are running out and lamenting her fate. Chuy walks in without knocking and startles her, her heart is probably splattered up in the roof… AS asks Chuy if he does not know how to knock. Chuy apologizes and then tells her they are leaving tomorrow so AS and her family will be alone in the house. AS asks Chuy for a favor… tiny one. Would you have someone take care of my children and me while you are out? You know, someone who would do our cooking, laundry, serving, cleaning, etc etc… Chuy cannot find words to say he can’t… AS keeps ‘begging’ as a widow and mother of four bambinos who has lost everything except her pride and decency.. Chuy says will leave someone to care for her. You deserve to be cared for as a Madamme… (I wonder if Chuy is thinking of Carmelita… lol!!)

Lupe and Carm are looking forward to Lupe spending some time alone with MA at CHalma.

The guy in suit leaves… A-hole insults Mini and dares how could she sue him… Mini claims A-hole has no evidence of her adultery but she does have evidence of his physical abuse. Vilma tries to defend A-hole. Warns Mini they will destroy her. Mini says you don’t scare me. Mini and Isela warn A-hole they will continue living in his house. Isela does not miss a beat, starts shouting for OYUKIIIIIIIIIII!!! To serve them dinner. A-hole asks Vilma if she can do anything to get them out… Vilma says not really. A-hole wants Vilma to find any ol excuse to get them out.

Nepo tells MA to make sure he locks the door before he goes to sleep. MA’s cell phone rings. Lupe and MA start this conversation with ‘prima’ before everything MA tells her… Nepo grabs the phone, but Lupita has hung up. Nepo wants MA to remind Lupita every second of that trip what Nepo is doing for him. MA says ‘how could I forget?’ (MA is grinding his teeth… this is NOT good)

Carmelita and Gwendy… Carm telling Gwendy she is looking like a very bad friend avoiding Lupita. Gwendy feels bad already as it is. Their phone rings. It is Don CHuy and Carmelita begins to tap her face as if he could see her… Chuy needs to ask her a big big favor (BINGO!!!) and very personal too. Carmelita offers (before hearing what it is about!! Big mistake!) Chuy tells her he knew she would not say no, since they are so trusting of each other… he asks her to stay to tend the house… (she is very down at learning that what he wants is for her to stay behind from the trip). She holds back her tears and repeats to him what he wants her to do. Chuy says yes, that is what I want. With difficulty, she follows his lead. He tells her he could pay her some extra money or give her a weekend off later when they return. Carm hardly has enough strength to say ok I will do it… After she hangs up she tells Gwendy what Chuy wants, Gwendy is in disbelief of what Chuy wants from her. Men have used me quite a bit, but Don Chuy is over the line of ‘marrano’. Carmelita whines that Chuy has used her through thick and think and now is treating her like this…

MA is laying in the cot… knocks on the window… its Lupita!!! And he jumps for joy from the bed and then opens the door for her and does the joy dance in front of her (LOL!!) she brought him food… he is sooooo glad she is there. He wants to kiss her, she wants him to eat first… he follows her around the desk, the food he needs the most is to look into her eyes, her smile, all that presence she gives him. He sweet talks her… until she allows him to kiss her. So sweet kiss… (invincible indeed) … Later on MA tells Lupe that Nepo is planning to continue insisting to her. MA tells her he will be there to care for her, watch over her shoulder. (protect me from who?) … she gets to admit he is jealous of Nepo. She comes around him from back and kisses his neck saying he has no need to be jealous of anyone, she only has eyes for him. He smiles very happy. They are kissing… and kissing… she is concerned the guard could see them… Lupe cannot afford for Nepo to find out about their relationship… But she hopes Nepo will eventually understand all she could offer him is friendship.. They say goodbye with more kisses… She leaves and he continues dancing happily… (this is going to be SOME trip)

The morning of the trip… Nepo and his truck are in front of the Fonda. Nepo reminds MA about the things he needs to remind Lupe constantly, about all the favors Nepo has done for them. Diego Armando is there too, Nepo thinks Diego wants to be with Perla Ivette (like him with Lupita)… Up at the penthouse, Leo, Frida, AS and Mati are saying goodbye to MA. AS is nagging, Mati tells her she should go and pray to the Lord of Chalma to forgive her selfishness. MA asks Leo for something, Leo goes to get it. Chuy comes in and tells AS he found the person to take care of them while the rest are at Chalma. AS smiles… but has not heard yet who it is.

Perla comes out and puts her hands all over Diego Armando, calling him Guapo (handsome) and telling him she is looking forward to a trip with him. DiegoA is uncomfortable. Nepo rallies him to go with Perla… Lupe comes out with Emiliano. Nepo helps her with her things into his truck. MA and Chuy come out and get in the truck too.

Frida yells from the roof to have a good trip and have fun. Leo warns MA will not have fun… AS is ready to celebrate that the ‘proles’ are leaving for a few days and this place is ours for a few days… Frida can’t believe this is her family.

We see some sights of the Chalma area… CHuy is explaining the place with the ‘baths’ to MA. Everyone there is bathing themselves with the water… MA goes there with Lupita, they get some water with hteir hands and drink some, tapping their faces, their hair.. etc.

At A-hole’s he is having breakfast happily until Mini and Isela come out and he rolls his eyes. Mini insists he will have to give her half of everything… he tells her get it in your head that you won’t even get half a peso. Mini says the lawyer was just warning them. Next time she will give the lawyer the evidence she has… they both warn each other: ‘don’t look for me, because you will find me’

AS and Frida come downstairs… AS is looking forward to a few days of peace… Frida says a few days of peace as long as no one will steal money. AS asks how many people have called about the etiquette class… Frida says only one guy. Carmelita comes in, she brought AS the rest of the dresses. AS almost does not let her finish talking, wants her to fix them breakfast and has other things she wants Carm to take care of afterwards. Carm is not a happy camper.

At Chalma we are treated to an Indian ceremony. Chuy explains to MA that here is where we come and feel like dancing, a sort of dance of gratitude. IT is a very pretty tradition. You don’t have to feel embarrassed. The dance is to give thanks to the Lord of Chalma. Lupe comes with some flower crowns… she puts the crown on MA so it is tradition for MA to dance with her. They are all dancing (the Menchacas and MA) in a circle. Lupe and MA side by side, very happy while the Indian guy plays the drum.

Carmelita is taking AS’ order for breakfast. Sometimes she looks up in disbelief of what AS is asking for and Leo asks for a Spanish tortilla. Frida tells Carmelita to breathe deeply. They all leave her alone. Carmelita says ‘the rich folks ask for really weird things’… At the dining room AS whines to Frida about defending the poor ones. Leo says words to the same effect. Frida says how quickly you all forgot your lessons on equality. Leo calls her ‘Frida Menchaca’. Frida is in disbelief that they have not learned anything from the time they have been there.

A-hole tells Mini and Isela that they are the worst thing that ever happened to him. They are evil. Isela insults him right back. He tries to ring the bell for Oyuki and hurts himself again. He yells at Oyuki to bring more juice and never again serve him ‘eggs’ (LOL!!!!) Mini and Isela leave throwing some more insults his way.

AS and Leo are still waiting for breakfast… Leo and AS both throw demeaning remarks about poor folks. Carmelita brings them their breakfast which is her own interpretation of the breakfast AS and Leo asked for. Both AS and Leo protest and offend Carmelita about being ignorant. Frida tries to defend Carm to no avail. Carmelita has had enough. She slams the table… and says Frida is right. If you don’t like what I fixed for you then go fix it yourselves!!

Back to Chalma. Chuy is praying… all he wants is help with the issue of the house. Wants for that to get fixed and the house to be theirs finally. Nepo prays for Lupita’s love. HE promises he will make her so happy. Perla prays in her own language… MA and Lupe are sitting next to each other. Lupe is quiet, so MA asks her if she is asking for him. ME starts sweet talking her again as a wonderful woman. He wants them to pray together so the request will go stronger. She tells him she was praying for his legal issue to get resolved. He is so happy to hear that.

Previews: They all are at the pool/beach… Nepo swears to MA that he won’t leave without proposing to Lupita. (I missed some preview about A-hole).

Labels:


Comments:
In the previews, Nepo sports a bandage on his face and it appears his left arm is in a sling...wonder what THAT is all about?
 

Hee Nepo tells Trofeo that he's not worried about MA and Lupe because he's fairly certain now that MA doesn't like women basically, citing his friend and his lack of interest in Gwendy.

I loved Isela calling Ahole a naco and both of them ruining his breakfast. And yeah, the comment about the eggs was great.

Can AS fall in a pit already? She was just horrid! I'm still holding out hope for Leo. Maybe once he realizes he's been scammed. If poached eggs and tortilla española are so simple why can't they make them? Why are they so useless?
 

Another fantastic recap this week, Marta, thanks.

Poor Carmelita who has evidently been going with the Menchacas for years to Chalma being assigned to wait on the Ruiz-Palacios instead and suffering their abuse.

Probably would have been funnier is MA stayed at Guendy's but the cot in the market was probably a better choice because Lupita could come and visit.

Oh no! Don Chuy's negative reaction to Lupita's helping MA as much as she is does not bode well for their romance when it becomes known.

Poor Diego wanting to help MA out with his luggage and maybe getting to see Leonardo but MA didn't need his help. He just cannot catch a break and now he is stuck with Perla.

What a tranquil break: I loved seeing Chalma from the cleansing and curing waters to the dancing. It was a nice touch with the church scene and the prayers.

Minerva and isela's triumphant return with threats of filing domestic violence charges and the following breakfast scene were the best. Alejo has clearly lost it.

Can't wait to continue our Chalma adventure on Monday.

Jarifa







 

Thanks Marta for this snappy recap.

I'm really annoyed with Chucho for using Carmelita this way. I felt so sad for her when he was talking with her over the phone. I'm more annoyed with him over this than I am with AS.

I'm loving Chalma. I may have to find a way for us to visit there.

Minnie and Isela were great last night. I'm almost feeling sorry for Alejo... almost.

Carlos
 

I agree, Carlos, I felt so sorry for Carmelita. I was glad to hear Frida offering to help her.
 

I have a mia culpa to express. I have been watching this TN since the beginning and I have read the recaps and the comments but so far I have never commented. I know this is a cardinal sin on Caray Caray and I have been swallowing my guilt every time I visit. But in my defense, this is the first comedy that I have watched since I've been acquainted with Caray, and I find that I don't feel the need to comment on comedies like I do with the dramas. There is no need to analyze the motives and behaviors of the characters, nor the need to figure out what is going to happen next like we do with dramas. Secondly, everyone says what I would have said before I am able to comment anyway, so I would just be repetitive. And thirdly, I wasn't sure that I would stick with this TN since it's slated for at least 200 episodes, which means it will move at a snail's pace, and if it were going to be bad, I didn't want to invest much time and emotion into it.

But with that being said, I want to thank the recappers for persevering and translating all the slang that I wouldn't in a million years get unless I lived in Mexico and picked it up.

But heres the bottom line. I find I really like this show, it has held my interest, it hasn't moved as slowly as I expected, and I love the cast of characters who are in it. I just adore Don Chuy, MA, Lupita and Frida. They are my favorites. I think that MA and Lupita have great chemistry and I hope that even though this is a comedy, that they actually have sex and we get to see something. (I want to see Jaime Camil shirtless, at least, so I'm crossing my fingers that he is in a bathing suit at Chalma).

I like Don Chuy's morals and integrity, so that makes me love him.
I love Frida's down-to-earthism, which is like MA's, so I want her to teach her family lessons. She's the only one who has taken after MA in that way. They must have gotten that from Mati.

On the opposite spectrum, I hate hate hate AS. She's so selfish and egotistical, believing that she's above the rest of the people who are taking care of her. I just want to smack her every time she puts someone down. She's learned nothing since she's been bankrupt, and I can't see her learning anything the entire time she's poor. And then there's Leo. He's not much better than his mother.

I'm not that crazy about the Minerva, Isela, and Alejo plot. I don't find them as humorous as most of you do, and I can't help but FF through their scenes, since I already know what they are going to do and say.

Other thoughts; I think that JT is quite a talented actor, singer and everything else, but I don't find him very attractive for my Frida. Perla Ivette is not really model material and the little boy playing Lupita's son is really cute.
Diego has it really bad for Leo, and I thought that when he and Leo had the first 'art class', Leo had his first inkling that he may be gay by the way he and Diego looked at each other. Nepo and Gwendy have incredible chemistry and I think we all know they will end up together by the end.
I was mad that Carmelita has been willing to be Don Chuy's lap dog and not stand up for herself where AS is concerned. She should have told him that she's going to Chalma, Period.

Ok. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders now. Thanks for listening.
 

Cathyx, so glad that you are watching with us. This is such a fun one!

Jarifa
 

cathyx-This will end June 22 in Mexico. I know LQLVMR is slated for 200+ episodes...but I didn't think this one was. I'm probably mistaken. I agree with your assessment of the show, too! I always end up watching with a stupid grin on my face.

I didn't realize lurking was a cardinal sin at Caray. I lurk. A lot.

Marta-thank you for your recap. I'm almost caught up with the week's episodes. I'm a bout to watch this one. I'm glad I'll have your details under my belt. It always helps my comprehension tremendously.

I am really unhappy with Don Chuy right now...but I'm also a little disappointed with Carmen. She puts up with too much crap and has been doing it for too long.
 

It's been such a busy week, I'm sorry I haven't had time to comment. However, Marta, Julie and Madelaine, please know I have read each of your recaps with a lot of pleasure.

I think I might be disappointed that Ahole has already found out that Mini is not pregnant. The slinging of insults between Minerva and Ahole has been funny, but I think I prefer when the two of them pretend to be nice to each other ( especially Mini).

If Mini and Alejo don't join forces to conjure up a baby son, I think Ahole will find out about Emiliano. He may try to find a way to force Lupita to back him up on a phony marriage certificate.

Despite MA's desire to be with Lupita, he still holds a lot of class prejudice as evidenced by his outburst with Frida as he confirms there had been something going on between her and JT. Good thing Lupe didn't hear that.

Like most of us, I'm aggravated by Don Chuy asking Carmelita to stay behind and wait on AS and her family.

Barbara
 

Marta:

Thanks so much for this fabulous recap and all the great details : )

I too didn't like that poor Carmelita had to stay behind. AS so doesn't deserve that. I had to laugh when Carmelia served their breakfast with her version and Frida sticking up for Carmelita. They want gourmet, get cracking.

I liked the Chalma scenes. All the rich cultural background was nice to see. MA dancing was a hoot. I'm glad he got to go along.

I liked Mini and Isela sticking it to Ahole. He thinks he is all that and a bag of chips. I hope he continues to be stuck on stupid and gets caught.

Cathyx:

So good to see you here. This TN is very enjoyable and funny. It's like a breath of fresh air. I am glad you are giving this one a try and enjoying it : )
 

Thank you, Marta!

Like the rest of you, I am peeved that Chuy asked Carmelita to stay as a servant to that insufferable and undeserving Ana Sofia, and also annoyed that she actually agreed. The correct answer Chuy should have given to AS's request is "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ...oh, you're SERIOUS?! NO. Sell some of your stuff and hire someone yourself, or try to be an adult who can function on her own for a couple days." I so can't wait for him to find out she's the one who stole the money.

One little funny I don't think was intentional: when Carm slammed the tray down, she accidentally knocked over the "eggs Florentine", and nothing in the cup moved. So AS, if making all these foods you demand is so easy, why can't you do it yourself? People need to stop playing her games.
 

Thanks again for a wonderful recap and to all recappers! I read every word. Much of the time my head is so swirling with learning the language that I don't have much to say.

Barbara, I was shocked by MA's reaction to Frida's admission. Do you think some of it may be due to sex roles as well as classism? I couldn't follow all of it, but it seemed like MA was recalling how quickly she had grown up. And now he's conflicted about how much he needs to protect her reputation...

Anyway I hope his trip to Chalma helps to clear his head. So far Nepo hasn't tried to make his move. How can that turn out?

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Gwendy.
 

Why was Perla showing her brother her teeny bikini? That's a little weird. Does she really want her brother's opinion on how she would look with all her assets on display?

And then she showed it to Chuy, as well. Maybe the super-tiny suit that Chuy found scandalous was just a strategy so that the slightly less revealing suit she actually intends to wear will seem acceptable to her dad in comparison.
 

Marta, thanks for a great and detailed recap.
Enjoyed Lupita's evening visit to MA. They do have great chemistry.

Shame on Don Chuy for depriving Carmelita of the trip to Chalma. I'm looking forward to possible major plot turns from this trip.

Alejo obviously underrated Mini as an opponent. He'll need all the help he can get from Vilma.

I don't mind if the pace is a little slow, because I enjoy each character's time on screen and all the little funny bits. (Yes, I've said this before. Sorry to repeat.)
 

AS is really tempting fate, and I think one of these days Karmalita is going to get revenge. I can hardly wait.
 

CorgiMom,
have to run to another meeting but wanted to say ITA with:
Despite MA's desire to be with Lupita, he still holds a lot of class prejudice as evidenced by his outburst with Frida as he confirms there had been something going on between her and JT. Good thing Lupe didn't hear that.


 

Thanks, Marta. I have to admit, I cannot believe Chuy asked Carmelita to be the RPs' maid. I cannot believe the insensitivity. And I cannot believe that Carmelita doesn't totally hate him yet.

That's the big takeaway I got from this episode, to the point that I actually forgot everything else about it in the mere 24 hours since I watched it yesterday. One of the few episodes of this TN that actually annoyed me more than it entertained me. So the recap came in handy to remind me that other things happened too. :-)

Oh, there was ONE entertaining thing that I remembered: Vilma yelling "Oyuuuuuuuuuuki!!"
 

Maybe Carmelita will finally get fed up with Chuy treating her like a doormat and go start her own business as a dressmaker. Clearly she has skills for that, she just needs for some of AS's frenemies who actually have money to hire her for it.

Or maybe Maca really is filthy rich and she will show up (please come back, Macarena!) and hire Carm to make her a new wardrobe.
 

Even if Mac is filthy rich, she definitely doesn't like to pay for things. (I guess it's a good way to stay rich.) She'd probably tell Carm to send the bill to Leo!

I would like Mac to come back soon, too. I enjoy the effect she has on AS and Leo: Total panic.

But I'd also really like to see more of Diego and Leo together. No doubt that situation will inspire plenty of its own type of panic.
 

I still don't understand what AS and Leo think is going to happen after the wedding. The day after, will they say to Maca, "actually we have no money! You have to support us all! And we're already married so you have no other choice!"

Does that ever work for anyone!
 

fishknits, I would think that MA is protective of Frida as his little sister but I thought it was more than that. I didn't have time to translate line by line but I'm pretty sure he said something about her being a young society girl and something about different classes. I definitely could be wrong, but that was my impression.

It was a surprise because it was as if he thinks it's OK for him to "go slumming" but not his baby sister.

Barbara
 

Barbara, ITA about him holding a double classista standard on Frida. Hopefully it will help him wake up to his inner conflicts. Maybe el senor de Chalma will help him too.
 

Welcome to this forum, cathyx. i believe you have been with us on other tn blogs, haven't you?
anyway, i read the forum for months back in Yolette's '98 La Mentira forum before i posted my first comment when one of the foristas was going to Puerto Rico for vac. i gave her some pointers.
 

Has anybody mentioned how cute Lupita and MA were while making up that funny story about la migra for Nepo? I just love the writers of this show - well, I also love the directors and the actors, and . . .
 

Marta, oh yes, I've been around for a few years. I'm not sure we've watched too many of the same TNs so you probably have not seen many of my comments. I've hung out at the 10:00pm time slot over the last few TNs, only I stopped when Que Bonito Amor started. But I had been recapping Mentir Para Vivir, and was happy that it moved to 7:00pm.
There was a discussion earlier as to why this comedy has been relegated to the 10:00pm slot, usually they are at 7:00pm, but my guess is that they put this at 10:00pm because of the adult themes with the gay coupling, and the out of wedlock sex.
 

I thought all the TNs had out-of-wedlock sex. There has been a lot of bleeping in this one, though.

Come to think of it, there was just as much bleeping if not more in PEAM, and also more sex, and that was at 8pm, so I dunno about that.

It may have something to do with which TNs have the biggest stars/ratings getting the better time slots.
 

I wish I knew the ratings of previous 10pm TNs because this one has been in the 2 million range. Not that I know what that means. That must be better than MPV since it doesn't look like they are moving it.


 

I can't recall another TN that had a serious gay relationship. They've had gay characters, but not 2 gay people meeting and forming a relationship.
 

wasn't there a novela not too long ago with Manuel Landeta as the 'boyfriend' in a gay couple? can't recall which novela was it.
 

Amar Sin Limites had a gay couple who weren't total stereotype caricatures. They even had a legal commitment ceremony (that was when same sex couples in Mexico City could have legal partnerships but not marriages). No kissing, though, at least not on the lips or super passionate.

And on Amores Verdaderos the chef and the son of the rival businesswoman were gay and they met and had a relationship. They even got married, didn't they?

I'm not convinced Univision puts any logical thought into which shows they put in which time slot. It seems like they just take the shows they want and stick them wherever. And then a few months later maybe move them or compress episodes since viewers just love that and it keeps them watching :/.
 

Julia, I didn't watch those TNs, so you're probably right that they don't take the themes into account when they pick a time. Maybe it's whatever is available at the moment.
 

I think Uni just figured that Pobres was doing well in Mexico, and both Jaime Camil's and Zuria Vega's last tns did well in both Mex and the US, and they needed something to pull the 10pm ratings up. However, I don't think a comedy is right for 10pm at all, and think this would do better in the ratings with the correct audience at 7 or 8 pm.
 

According to the ratings, this one has been a real winner for Univision in its current time slot.

Jarifa
 

Or they double them up two hours at a time like they did with UFCS in its original run so that it's ten hours per week to watch ONE TN. (NOW they're showing it one hour at a time... at midnight... and it's taking forever.)

I think Destilando is being shown two hours at a time at noon now. That's its third run, though. I don't know how many TNs get the distinction of a third run on Uni!
 

It is doing very well for a comedy at 10pm. Really, Uni can't complain. Even though most shows aren't pulling the kind of ratings they did when Uni was the only choice around, they are still doing very well compared to the competition. Here are the latest ratings: http://masquetelenovelas.blogspot.com/2014/04/audiencias-telenovelas-usa-viernes-7-de.html#more
 

Thanks, Vivi. Holy mackerel, that's impressive (especially compared to the 8:00 show's ratings).

I shouldn't be surprised, since I am enjoying it so much. But what I enjoy is not always the same as what everyone else enjoys!
 

So what are tonight's odds of seeing Jaime Camil shirtless? And would we want to see him shirtless? I never have, so I have no idea what he's got. And where's Cynderella when I need her?
 

Compare the 10 PM ratings from 2 years ago, though.

This was a completely random search.
 

Sara- Interesting. LQNPA was VERY popular. But notice that ALL the shows now have lower ratings, especially the Telemundo shows. I don't think any of the networks are happy with how fragmented their audiences have become in the last few years. That's not going to change-- it's only going to get more acute with the addition of channels, shows, and ways to view shows that don't even involve a tv.
 

I also think we haven't really had a quality TN like LQNPA or AB lately either.
 

Back to this show...MA finally gets to sleep in a room by himself, in a bed that isn't shared! Even if it is a cot in Nepo's office! At night he might even get the market restroom to himself!

I am a little concerned about how he is going to shower, though, if he doesn't think he should be at the Menchaca house for fear of Minerva telling the cops where to find him. Although so far he only really seems to be avoiding that place to sleep. Are the D.F. police or whoever is in charge of fraud cases known for only going to arrest people at night? I guess it would make sense to try to catch people with their guard down.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder