Wednesday, May 07, 2014

De Que Te Quiero Te Quiero #43 Wednesday 5/7/14

De que tienen apetito, tienen apetito

Ok folks, the DVR said it was recording, but it's not listed as recorded. I don't know what happened. This is just from crappy notes. There will be lots of holes. Sorry. Maybe later the recording will magically appear. I'm really annoyed. And my wit (such as it is) is gone. The recap is as dry as burnt toast.

El Refrito
Alberto (Albogado) tells Alonso (Al) about Diana's e-mail threatening to get rid of the baby. He asks Alonso for a psychological workup on Diana.

Diego is happy Irene didn't drink. He tells her about Natalia (Nat) and Brigitte (Brat) bringing everything to Nat's house. They talk a little about Diana. Irene starts to quote Alonso and stops herself. She backtracks and says it's something he told her in therapy about some women doing anything to get their way.

Albogado will get the paperwork ready to give to the judge so they can have Diana committed. After Albogado leaves, Alonso asks Eleazar to keep Alonso's relationship with Irene a secret.

Tad is back home. He doesn't want to tell Irene about his health problems. He doesn't want to be a bother.

Lo Nuevo
Irene, Nat and Brat will work at the Garcia departamento until a better location is found. Carmen is lukewarm about the idea.

Albogado and Alonso discuss the Diana conundrum. Her mom is back and surely sees Diana as the poor victim.

Alina (Diana's mom) is still talking to colleague in the field. It bothers her that she's not there. Diana takes offense. Alina asks if she had breakfast. Diana lies and tells her juice, eggs and bread. Diana leaves in a huff.

Irene, Nat and Brat work hard.



Chief of Personnel who has a name I forgot brings Vicente (Grumps) Diego's severance check. Grumps complains it's too much, but the Chief of Personnel says that's what's due to him by law. Grumps tells him to offer Diego a third of the amount.

Alina and Lala discuss Diana's eating habits. Lala reports that all she wants to eat is ice and maybe some fruit. Alina asks for Alonso's number. Lala goes to get it.

Diego goes to see Grumps. Rosa apologizes and explains that Grumps insists that Diego be "announced." She calls Grumps, but he says he's busy. Diego will wait.

Irene gets a text from Alonso. He misses her. He asks how it went with her dad. She tells him badly, but they are still moving forward with the project and working at Nat's house. The exchange "te amos".

Alina calls Alonso. She wants his professional opinion. They plan to meet later to talk.

Irene asks Brat about a design. Brat thinks it's fine, but both Irene and Nat think it needs some adjusting. Maybe in the blouse and sleeves. And wouldn't I love to rewatch this scene and learn a little fashion/design vocab thanks for nothing DVR. Brat is not happy.

Diego finally gets his severance check and he's not happy. Grumps tells him to see the Chief of personnel.

Chato is still calling Carmen "Carmela" and she tells him AGAIN to stop. She tells him about Irene, Nat and Brat working at the departamento. She doesn't like how the girls always seem to be talking about and fawning over Irene. "Irene this and Irene that!"

Brat is still ticked about the design and the adjustments they made. Irene was thinking of making the design the centerpiece of the collection (I'm totally guessing, I actually missed what was said.)

Diego talking to Personnel dude and guesses correctly that Grumps had something to do with the crappy severance pay. He wants to call a lawyer and Personnel dude says he's within his legal rights to do that. Diego calls Albogado.

Carmen comes home from the fonda and has brought food. Irene makes excuses and leaves. Carmen is offended and thinks Irene is snubbing her food. Brat leaves in a huff and Nat follows to find out what's wrong. Carmen tells Chato that their working here is causing problems.

Irene calls Alonso and asks if he wants to eat. He wants to know if she wants to eat out or grab something and head for his house. She chooses option B. Before he heads out, he gives the secretary the report he wrote on Diana. The Secretary leaves it on the corner of her desk.

Brat thinks Nat is sucking up to Irene and she's tired of living in Nat's shadow. Carmen has followed them and she interjects that she KNEW there was trouble! Brat whines to her mother. Nat insists it's not her fault if Brat's designs suck Irene likes her designs more than Brat's. Carmen tells them both they better stop fighting or they won't be working with Irene (Again, a complete guess.)

Grumps asks Personnel dude if Diego talked to him about the severance pay. Grumps is told about Diego calling a lawyer. He seems unconcerned about being sued. He just wants the personnel dude to keep stalling. Grumps doesn't want Diego to leave the company and wants him to come to his senses.

Diego is talking to Albogado. He's leaving the company AND leaving his grandfather's house. He'll stay with Alonso. He calls Alonso. Alonso is busy gettin' busy with Irene and misses the call to the house and his cell. Albogado tells Diego the papers are ready for getting Diana committed.

Alonso and Irene engage in some post coital cuddles. Tadeo texts Irene. Alonso sees the text and is jealous. Kissies make it all better. THEY ARE SO PRECIOUS!!

Alina arrivs at Alonso's office, but he's not back from "lunch" yet. The secretary offers her tea and as she leaves to get it, the file falls off the corner of her desk (seriously, there are NO throw away scenes in this show.) Alina sees the contents of the file and realizes they want to commit Diana. She is not happy. About this time Diego and Albogado arrive. She thinks Diego is just trying to get rid of Diana. He insists he is thinking of the well-being of Diana and the baby. He tries to explain Diana's irrational and dangerous behavior (not eating, getting drunk, did he mention the gun? I didn't hear.) Alina thinks if he would just pay Diana a little attention, she wouldn't be behaving so badly. Alonso arrives and tries to defuse the situation. They all go into his office to talk.

Carmen and Chato share an awkward dinner with Nat and Brat. Irene comes back to work some more. Chato talks to her a bit. The girls clear the table and Carmen and Chato go for a walk.

Chato thinks Carmen is overreacting. Carmen is convinced Irene wants to steal the girls' affection. Chato turns to leave and Carmen snipes "this is the kind of support I can expect from you." He comes back and flashes a wad of cash (I have no idea why. I missed the line while writing.)

Alina insists they are NOT going to lock up her baby. Alonso reminds her that even she wanted to talk to him about Diana. Alina insists it was because she wasn't eating and that's all. She leaves.

Carmen won't take the money. They are doing fine at the fonda. They decide to open a savings account in Lupita's name. I think he pinched her rear end. (I was writing notes and looked up too late.)

Diego wants to move in with Alonso. Alonso reluctantly agrees.

Alina comes home and tells Diana Diego wants to have her committed so they are leaving the mansion. Diana won't budge.

Tadeo receives a call from a Beatriz who conveniently owns a chain of clothing stores. He wants to introduce her to Irene. (PS Beatriz originally called to buy one of Tadeo's works for her dad. Sadly, Tadeo doesn't have anything available.) Tadeo call Irene, but her phone is off or out of the service area. He texts her and tells her to get in touch. It's important.

Diana explains to Alina that she doesn't want to be stuck with the baby alone. She wants to stay married (?). She doesn't want to be a single mother. She's not leaving.

While Irene, Nat and Brat make adjustments to an outfit (Brat's input: Tighter and shorter) Tad calls and tells Irene about his clothes store owning buddy. Irene excuses herself so she can meet with Tad (or Beatriz, I didn't quite catch it.)

Diana's mom brings food to Diana's room and she's not leaving until she eats.

At the bank Chato explains banks and interest. He tells Lupita the money is for her future. Apparently Tarea #4 is now complete.

Paolo's future love from the fast food place (Hamburguesas Rex) calls him for an interview.

Carmen and Chato at the park. She tells him he's been behaving well. He takes the encouragement and gets a little too friendly. The diabolical Lupita sees this and fakes a fall, thus saving Carmen from Chato's unwanted advances. This kid is brilliant.

Brat is in her sexy undies when the doorbell rings. She checks the peephole and totally knows it's Diego, but she opens the door and quickly turns away grousing at "Natalia." She acts so embarrassed when she realizes it's Diego. Puke.

Diana eats and tells her mom maybe leaving is a good idea after all. She can tell Diego he'll never see his child. She just wants him to suffer. Mom isn't too keen on the idea. How would she support Diana and the child.(?) Alina tells her she'll think about it and leaves. Diana gets sick and throws up. You know, maybe the not eating thing is not just Diana being mean.

Brat is dressed again. She apologizes and tells Diego she should have checked the door. *eye roll* She asks him not to tell Nat. He says it's already forgotten. It will be their secret. Brat asks what he thought of what he saw (and there was some more skanky lines that I missed.)

Avances

  • Diego leaves Grumps' Mansion
  • Diana has an ace up her sleeve.



Labels:


Comments:
Sorry about the lack of details.

Was it just me or was this episode really full?
 

Great job Sara, especially with just your quick notes!

ITA about how adorable Al and Irene are. Chato and Carmen, not so much. Although Chato was talking sense about CArmen's unfounded jealousy, and he explained how a savings account and banks work pretty well to Lupita. Otherwise, he's just a pain and I heartily approve of Lupita's fake fall to put a stop to the hanky panky.

The place where Irene and Natalia left to go was the nearby copy center to make copies of the designs for Irene to take to the dinner at Tad's house. That was actually really great of Tad. Wish he would tell Irene the truth about what's going on with his health.

During the confab in Al's office, it was revealed that Diana has had an eating disorder before. I think she made herself throw up at the end.
 

Oh, and no comment about the move the Brat made on Diego. What a #@*%! Although I don't know why he's so embarrassed since her undies showed no less than a bathing suit does.
 

I mean, showed no more than a bathing suit does.
 

Thanks for the recap Sara. Though it was a full episode, you didn't miss anything. I loved your "diabolical" Lupita reference :)

I happily join the chorus celebrating Alonso and Irene. They are so much fun I just hope that aren't separated soon.

Poor Diego married a horrible manipulator just like his unfortunate Grumps. I look forward to how Grumps reacts when Diego leaves.

Judy, I forgot to mention your "Verbicide" (from Monday) was brilliant and so accurately describes what Grumps did to Irene and sadly, what happens in real life.

Chato proving that broken clocks are right twice a day w/his read of Carmen and Irene.

Wow, the Brat hit a new low sliming on Diego but I guess her jealousy knows no bounds.
 

Thanks for filling in the gaps, Vivi. I am only assuming Diego is embarrassed because it was unexpected and Brat is Nat's little sister and he sees her as such. I don't know what the little Brat's thinking is. She's going to be just as much trouble as Diana.
 

Sara, sorry that your DVR didn't record. Thankfully, you took very good nottes as I thought the recap was exceptional.

"The recap is as dry as burnt toast" made me laugh. Of course, far from the truth but it was a great line.

"(seriously, there are NO throw away scenes in this show.)" and " The diabolical Lupita sees this and fakes a fall, thus saving Carmen from Chato's unwanted advances. This kid is brilliant" were among my favorites. I adored Lupita's pink shirt.

Vivi, thanks for the info on Diana's eating disorder. I honestly thought her throwing up at the end was for real and that she had no hand in forcing herself to (at least this time). Maybe I'm wrong.

Diego's embarrassment seeing the Brat was hard for me to understand as well as it really wasn't revealing. I think you are right Sara, it was because she was Nat's sister and of course she "fussed" when he appeared, making it worse.

Karen, you are so right on your comment about the Brat being jealous. She is one of the most unpleasant characters I can recall. I don't remember her uttering a kind word or eminating a genuine smile. What a pill.

Great job Sara! Thanks so much.

Diana
 

Like Diana, I loved the disclaimer that "the recap was a dry as burnt toast" and anyway, I LOVE burnt toast!

And I always love your recaps,Sara, even when you're fussed because your DVR didn't record.

I remember miserable nights as a novice recapper on Juan Querendon where the closed captions failed and I was practically crawling down the actors' throats, trying to make out what they were saying. Recapping is a challenging job, no doubt about it! If it's not one thing, it's another.

And yikes, yes, a lot went on last night. Brief scenes, fast changes, whoa Nellie!

Add me to the list of those who thought the vomiting was deliberate. I had the feeling Diana was just waiting for her mom to leave the room so she could stick her finger down her throat. She is DEAD SERIOUS about wanting to keep her figure. Screw the baby. Priorities. Jeeez.

Brigette's jealousy goes beyond bratty into pathological. But the actress is doing a great job with her chronically sour puss. Even her body seems to be sulking. Yuck!

Enjoying Lupita's antics. You can tell she's inherited her papa's talent for deception! Chip off the old block.

Thanks Sara. Wonderful "burnt toast" recap. Keep 'em comin'.
 

I really wish I had a recording to go back and look at. I guess since I spent more time looking down at my notes I missed a lot of the visuals. I looked up in time to see Diana head for the bathroom, but I missed the lead up. Coupled with missing the bit about her previous eating disorder, I'm sure I didn't catch that she was purposely throwing up.

I always understand more the nights I DON'T recap. Lol.
 

I think it's the pressure of thinking I have to catch it ALL!
 

Absolutely Sara. In fact I remember noticing that I understood español much better on the nights I wasn't recapping. The pressure "to get it right" just messes with your mind.
 

Sara- Dude, you got almost everything on just one viewing!

Is a recapper needed tonight, or are we starting the new schedule next week?
 

When I can understand the comedies then I will really feel like my comprehension has "arrived." Lol.


 

Oh man, even to this day, if I watch Que Pobres Tan Ricos on Hulu without captions, I'm understanding more from body language than words. Fast dialogue, slang, urban accents...a nightmare!
 

Lol! I don't understand a word that comes out of the Menchaca's mouths!
 

Diego should be smart enough, even if the Brat wasn't a brat (which he doesn't know), to come right out in front of Carmen and Natalia and say to Brigitte, "Again, Brigitte, I'm sorry for the incident earlier." Then turn right to Carmen and Natalia and say, "I knocked on the door and she thought it was you, Nat, and opened it right up in the middle of changing her clothes. It was pretty embarrassing for both of us." Instead, now he has agreed to keep it "their secret," which definitely means Brig has something to hold over him by exaggerating the seriousness of the situation and will use it against him with Natalia, Irene, Carmen AND Alberto. Poor fool!
 

Gracias, Sara! I don't think there was a lack of details or a burnt toast quality to this at all :D

Grumps is an ass. I felt sorry for HR guy, having to break the law to keep him happy. I don't think he takes the threat of a lawsuit from Alberto seriously because he's just a friend of Diego's. Plus he thinks his manipulations will work on Diego. I guess they've worked on others in the past.

The wad of cash was one of Carmen's "tests"...handing over money for weekly household needs. Which she's now saying she (a) doesn't need and (b) can wait until after they're married, which I guess is why we didn't get a Post-it of Doom for that one.

I think part of Diana's problem is that she has this history of an eating disorder, but she also was feeling sick to her stomach before she knew she was pregnant. I don't think even Diana can disentangle how much of her nausea comes from the pregnancy and how much comes from her disordered thinking about gaining weight. She may very well have spontaneously vomited just from thinking about how "fat" she would get after eating that "huge" meal. It's really sad. I almost feel sorry for her, and then she starts talking about Diego's money again and I get over it.

Vivi, if you're up for it, go ahead and do tonight's recap, but if not, I can handle it.
 

Kat- I have an early meeting tomorrow so why don't you go ahead tonight. I'll be prepared to do it next week once we start the 2 hour epis.
 

Sounds like a plan :)
 

Sara, you did a great job so don't worry.

I too love Al and Irene. Their scenes together just make me smile! And Lupita - the character is fun and the actress is adorable. Wish I could say the same for the Bratgirl.

Although I'll admit that I do feel a bit sorry for her. I did not see the first few weeks but what I see now is big sister Nat, the adopted one, is everyone's favorite. Of course Brat deserves it because of her brattiness but still, she must have always felt overlooked.

I'll be watching this full time beginning next week after PSMA. I should have guessed it would go for two hours since they have not showed previews for what would follow PSMA. What's up with that anyway?
 

Looneyvision is pretty bad about doubling up when a show has a ton of episodes. I also wonder if they aren't wanting to start something new until after the world cup.
 

I think Diana's eating disorder was foreshadowed several weeks ago when a character (I think it may have been Rosa) asked how Diego was doing, found out he married Diana, and commented "Oh the little skinny girl". Diana doesn't look any thinner than Natalia or Brigitte so I'm thinking that was a foreshadowing sentence.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder