Tuesday, June 10, 2014

De Que Te Quiero Te Quiero #88/89 6/10/14

De que casi lo tienen, casi lo tienen

Really short and sweet tonight. Please, please, please fill in the blanks. Thanks!

Oh my. The little cerebral hamsters were just running, running, running and getting nowhere tonight.

Rod pays a visit to Brat's apt. She would swear she was dealing with the evil twin and not Diego. (She's sooooo close.)

Rod's evil behavior escalates. He was absolutely emotionally abusive. He let Nat know he spent their wedding night with another woman and she might as well get used to it.

That sent her running to upstairs where the patient known as Rodrigo was. She tells him that he and Diego should have told her of his existence. None of this would have happened if she'd known. The patient opens his eyes and looks directly at her. She is freaked to say they least.

When Irene later visits Nat, they discuss the Great Misunderstanding and Diego's reasons for not telling Nat. Nat still feels as if it's Diego that's in that bed. (She's sooooo close.) Concerned for Nat, Irene suggests that she talk to Aloser (and yes, Tad also ends up showing some bad behavior and acting like an azz about that little visit.)

Now, before we get to Nat's session with Aloser I need to tell you that Krazy is still molesting him and he's STILL ANSWERING HER CALLS AND MAKING COFFEE DATES WITH HER. Pretty stupid behavior, right? At least when it comes to doctor stuff he's not too stupid. He thinks it's a little odd that the results of the blood tests don't show anything. Na.da. If Irma is administering drugs, something should show up. He asks for another sample. Unfortunately, he asks Irma. The blood she hands over is hers and again results show nothing...but this is doctor stuff, not relationship stuff. Aloser is finally on to Irma and the great blood switcheroo. (He's soooo close.)


So in Nat's session she finally tells Aloser all about the evening of the Tuxpan pescador festival. She confesses her culpability in Rodrigo's coma. She tells him she must be crazy because it's almost as if Diego and Rodrigo have switched places. When asked when Diego started acting oddly she says soon after his trip to Monterrey. Irene backs up this statement later when she and Aloser discuss the case.

When she gets back from her session with Aloser, Rodrigo tries to rape her. She gets in a good kick to his nether regions and bolts. She doesn't want to run home because she is embarrassed to admit to Carmen how badly the marriage is going. She ends up at Tad and Irene's.

Lucky for me I got quite a bit of Lupita tonight. I love this kid.

Luz watched one of those "long lost family reunites" shows and gives Lupita an idea. Maybe if Gino is reunited with family, he won't marry her mom.

Somehow she has the name of this Lucrezia person in Puebla(?) so she heads there on the bus. She still has Chato cab contacts that will drive her around the DF and take her to the bus station. I thought that was pretty funny. She left a note for Carmen with a classmate. Carmen spent most of tonight worrying.

El figures out pretty quickly what Lupita is up to (he questions Gino and I suspect some editing, too.) The federales check buses and the Puebla station, but Lupita eludes them and makes it to Lucrezia's house.

Lucrezia gives off a real Cuna de Lobos vibe and is a rather dramatic cutter of cake. Lupita tells her all about Paolo, Carmen and the upcoming nuptials. El interrupts and takes Lupita away. Lucrezia calls Gino's first wife and lets her know they have enough info to find Carmen...and that Gino is a father. There are definitely mob contacts here, but I'm thinking (hoping) this storyline is more for laughs.

Labels:


Comments:
Oy. Que mierda! Sorry it's so short.
 

It's perfect, Sara and Happy Anniversary!!

Fatima
 

Sara, thanks for your recap. I am sorry you had such an icky episode though Lupita was great!! If only the tn could focus on her. And Happy Anniversary.

I'm hoping the good characters stumble over some breaks b/c watching Rod wreak havoc is not fun.

Thanks Kat for your recap and helping me these next few Wednesdays.

Diana, I'm taking an intensive class for the next few weeks and know I will have limited blog time.

Judy, glad your back. Missed you.
 

Ugh. I was not drunk last night though the recap makes it seem otherwise. I'll clean it up sometime today.
 

LOL, Sara! It didn't come across like you were drunk. Thanks for the quick recap of a frustrating episode. I didn't see it, and I'm even frustrated by how close these folks are coming to figuring out the truth, but they aren't there yet.

Glad we got some Lupita time, but I don't know if I'm looking forward to the mafia coming after Gino. Yikes!
 

Karen- I hope you enjoy your course!
 

Sara, this was sweet indeed, with a little savory added to the mix: "little cerebral hamsters" had me laughing away. No editing necessary - this was great. (You are so very hard on yourself - please don't be! Your recaps are always wonderful).

"Lucrezia gives off a real Cuna de Lobos vibe and is a rather dramatic cutter of cake" was one of my other favorite lines. Thanks so much for the fab recap and again, happy anniversary.

I had several calls and unfortnately was not able to really watch this closely so your details are greatly appreciated.

Agree that Lupita is a darling. An angel. And the heart of this show truly.

Unfortunately, I did see (and saw way too clearly) Rod's disgusting attempted attack. I am trying desperately to understand how Nat is feeling, embarrassed, upset, but she should have gone straight into Carmen's arms!

Still don't care for Al for Irene but I hope he makes himself useful and figures out the identity charade.

Karen, good luck on your classes! I hadn't realized our Judy was back but just went and read late comments from yesterday.

Sara, thanks again!

Diana
 

Thanks, Sara.

I must admit that I surfed in and out of this episode. I discovered "Little Women of LA, and got hooked.

Does Nat realize that she is the bride of the devil ?

Why was Aloser sitting at his desk wearing just his tidy white t-shirt ?

Lupita...such a sweet face..the one bright spot in the show..besides Marcelo Cordoba's equally sweet...and sexy...face.
 

"Soooo close". Loved that running refrain. And I'm a big fan of short and sweet recaps also. Still remember my old editor's advice that "your readers are tired, give 'em the story short and snappy". And you did. No problem Ms Sara! I'm likin' it just fine.

On the 9 pm show, NovelaMaven referred to a female villain as SmirkGirl. Seems perfect for our Brat as well.

Hope to see this later today and enjoy some quality time with Lupita.

Thanks everybody for the welcome back. It feels good to be here with the community again.

Belated congrats on your anniversary Sara. My husband and I both forget ours frequently...depending on the year. And happy to hear you're taking an intensive course, Karen. Always good to keep on learning.
 

Ms. 5 Ft.: Had twin granddaughters here yesterday, so was unable to comment, but I thought your recap was wonderful.

Sara: You claim to be drunk or dropping acid, yet you turn in such wonderful, snappy recaps!

I am wondering what ugly turn of events will ensue from the Mafia getting involved with our story. Lupita is way sweet, and El looking after her has a warm feeling to it.

Looks like Gino is on the way out. I never liked him anyway: Good.

Felt way sorry for Nat and her continuing exposure to the psychotic Rod. What must an innocent young woman who is supposed to be exploring her sexuality with her new husband be thinking?

And, of course, our dear Brat. Hope she gives Rod some incurable STD.

Thanks again, Sara.

David
 

thanks Sara you covered everything.

I would be ok for the remaining episodes to center around Lupita & Angela.

So we are treated to more Nat upset and bolting and then working through the why and she will be right back. More of the same. Nat is like a stray puppy given a biscuit once then continually kicked expecting more.

Di ego - you insulted her intelligence too

Hot Rod - "When the only people that existed were troglodytes.. cave men...cave women... Neanderthal... troglodytes."

Tad - yep, Irene peed on you leg and told you it's raining

Irene - I recommend cold turkey

Nat - this is shocking how?

El - Carmen doesn't deserve you

Lupita - you could take Grumps lunch and eat it in front of him too

Irma - you want to be caught

Brigitte - possessive possession

Alonso - where's that thinking cap

 

Puuurfect Sara

I always thought the husbands always forgot significant dates.

My husband was so proud of himself one time, he remembered my b'day with no reminders. The only problem, it wasn't MY birthday, it was his ex wife's b'day. Our b'days were in the same month. It cost him dearly.
 

Karen-so wathca studyin'???

Vivi-We have to get rid of Gino somehow. Since Mrs. Gino is still alive I also suspect they are still married. I can't wait to see her; they were very secret about her last night. All was saw was a blur in the background and heard her voice. I bet Gino will just be dragged back to his life with Mrs. Gino. I just hope they let him keep in contact with Paolo.

Diana-I'm not a fan of Aloser either, but if he figures out what is up with Diego/Rod he will gain back some points.

Susanlynn-I had the same thought about the white T-shirt. Mighty casual I thought.

JudyB- you made a similar comment about your former editor when I was recapping Abismo. I've always remembered it (and really it makes me feel better when I produce a short one.)

David-I always enjoy your comments and today you did not disappoint:
"And, of course, our dear Brat. Hope she gives Rod some incurable STD"

Tofie-Tad, Irene, peed. Ha!!!

Vario- I'm laughing at your story! I'm sure he did pay dearly!
 

We saw Gino's wife in his flashback. I'll be kind & say she looked nothing like Carmen. He was forced to marry her. Gino had hair, dark hair that came from Uni's ugly wig dept.
 

I feel bad for Gino because it's not like he duped this other woman. She used her mafia family to force him to marry her, knowing full well he didn't want to marry him. And Gino has been honest with Carmen about this woman. What has not been made clear is if he's still married to this woman and just how he escaped her and her family in the first place. I don't think Gino deserves to be forced to go back to her, nor do I think he deserves to have Carmen toy with his feelings when she is clearly in love with someone else. I like the guy.
 

Correction: "he didn't want to marry HER"
 

I'm with you Vivi. I'm charmed by Gino's pseudo Italian, the wild colors he wears, and his comic antics. He's not disgusting like Chato. And seems genuinely fond of Paolo...as he should be.

As much as I love Carmen and Eleazar, I'm getting tired of their dopey behavior to break up and then pine for each other. And though I abhor Kimberly, I can't justify the way Eleazar is using her either.
 

It covered everything it needed to, Sara! Gracias. I hope you enjoyed your evening and having to watch Rod's terrible behavior didn't spoil it for you.

Lupita is so awesome! I just love that kid. If Tad and Irene had hired her to find their child, she'd be saying "obvio! It's Natalia!" inside of five minutes.

I guess Alonso deliberately asked Irma to provide the blood sample so he could verify that she is, indeed, trying to put one over on him. If he'd gotten it himself, maybe he was afraid she'd just deny knowing what was going on and he wouldn't have proof?

Aww, David, congratulations! Twin granddaughters?! That sounds like fun...or trouble...probably both!

tofie, I think you're so right! Irma doesn't have the guts to come clean, but if she just happens to get busted she'll only be in trouble with the law and not Rod. Nah, he'll blame her for it either way. She'd be safer if she walked down to El's office (since he's the only cop in town) turned herself in, and begged him to lock her up ASAP.
 

Excellent points Lupita & El - brains & brawn a dynamic duo could solve this whole mess. I mean all of it.
 

Brains and brawn. I love it! They are both also darned cute.
 

Congrats David on your twin granddaughters!!

Thanks for your well wishes for my class. It's on faith & helping others.
 

My daughter would LOVE a class like that!
 

Karen...It would be great if that was a required course for EVERYONE . My son-in-law quit his job as an investment banker two years ago to get a master's in theology. Now, he is job hunting with two very different degrees , an MBA and the masters in theology. Concentrated summer classes are bears. I have 7 days left for the reading class and grammars writing class that I am teaching. I will be so ready for vaca.
 

Susanlynn,
Being a woman of advanced age, I THINK I know many things, but I never heard of noncount nouns. Now, after checking a grammar site, my question is, so what, I don't think I EVER needed that info. A noun is a noun is a noun. Seems to me that class could have been put to better use, like how to speak properly. I don't know about our education system!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder