Tuesday, July 01, 2014

De Que Te Quiero, Te Quiero #112/113- Tuesday 7/1

De que están averiguando, están averiguando

I will be out of town July 11 (Friday) and July 29th (Tuesday.) I am hoping someone can do the recaps so Kat doesn't have to. Thanks!

Tonight's recap will be in alphabetical rather than episode order (and mostly from memory so please fill in my gaps!)

A is for....
Abdallah
Carmen's kiss has perhaps awakened some feelings from the past. He brings her a bouquet of flowers and a pretty bracelet. She turns down the gift and his advances. He also picks a fight with Eleazar and tells him he is going to fight for Carmen. Abdallah thinks he'll win because Carmen is a woman with principles and she's not going to be with El while he has a baby on the way.

Alberto
He continues to be suspicious of Brigitte. He calls Carmen's house looking for her and is told by Paolo that Brat is not there and hasn't seen her. This is news to Alberto. Brat told him she was going to be with her mother.

Alonso
He did it with Karina. It was the happiest three minutes of her life (Not recapper snark; she actually said that.)

Andres
He gives Nat a call. He hasn't given up it seems.


B is for...
Brat
She spends the episode either shtupping Rod or making up stories to hide the fact that she's shtupping Rod. She was interrupted in delicto shtuptrante by two phone calls. One from Alberto asking where she was, and another from Carmen asking why she didn't tell her she was living with Alberto again (See P for Paolo.)

C is for...
Carmen
She tells Natalia that Kimberly is expecting El's baby and Luz and Lupita overhear. Carmen earns a yellow MLC card. Carmen asks Luz not to say anything to El. But later is very happy to discover that it was a misunderstanding.

She also gets into a fight with Brat when she finds out that Brat is living with Alberto again and didn't tell her. (See P for Paolo.)

Her birthday is Saturday, but she's not sure how happy it will be since she is fighting with Abdul and Brat.

D is for....
Diego
He's not too stupid. He and Alonso continue to investigate the Case of the Abandoned Baby. Together with El they realize that PI McShady was hired by both Tad and Alonso. El tells them that if the PI is fooling them both, it's possible he also lied about the DNA results. Diego takes Alonso to Tad's, precipitating a health crises from Tad. Alonso saves the day and Diego, Alonso and Tad decide they need to get another DNA test done.

E is for...
Eleazar
He makes a move for Carmen and is turned down. He returns later to explain that Kimberly is NOT pregnant. Carmen still isn't on board.

Apparently there are some organizational changes in the dept, but he informs his team not to worry. They aren't going anywhere. They're his team!!

G is for...
Grumps (aka Vicente)
What a piece of work. Years ago he ordered Rosa to get rid of his wife's will because he found out she was going to leave everything to the twins and Irene. (See R for Rosa)

He also pays off PI McShady so he won't tell anyone that Natalia is Irene's baby. Back at Caprico, he almost has a heart attack and Natalia takes him to medical services.

I is for....
Irene
She finds out from Diego that while pretending to be Diego, Rod bought the crappy machines. She confronts Grumps about his continued protection of Rod. She thinks that surely Rod is bleeding Caprico dry. Grumps tells her it's HIS business since it's HIS company. Irene seems to recall her mother telling her that she was going to leave the company to her and the twins. Grumps tells her she's mistaken. Amalia (the mom) would not leave the company to a DRUNK.

Rosa overhears this argument.

L is for...
Luz
She is quite excited about the nieto, but since she promised not to say anything she has to drop big hints for most of the episode.

She interrupts Kimberly's workout to teach her how to knit. She asks Kimberly if she's gained weight. Finally she just says something about the baby and Kimberly has to burst her bubble: There's no baby, and no solid plans for one. Kimberly just wants to enjoy her marriage.

Luz cries to Carmen. Sure Carmen's kids are like her nietos, but Luz want's a little El running around. (Yeah, I'm thinking Carmen has one egg left for the finale.)

M is for...
Morales
He calls El's house just to hear Kimberly's voice. It interrupts Kimberly's weed brujería. He hangs up when El answers.

P is for...
Paolo
After seeing Brat kissing Rod (or Diego...at first he's not sure), he does some investigating. He and Mara go to Brat's former apartment. There they discover that she's been tossed out on her barely covered ass (™ Diva)for non-payment. Mara and Paolo figure out rather quickly that someone was paying for that apartment for her. The friend story must have been a lie. He tells Carmen that Brat is no longer at the apartment and is living with Alberto again.

He confronts Brat in front of Caprico and asks Brat QTH is going on. Brat says she's in love with Rodrigo. Paolo wants to know if she knew it was Rod when she started messing with him, or if she thought it was Diego. She never really answers, she just tells him to butt out. He is not going to tell Nat or Carmen because it would just hurt them.

Nat sees Paolo at Caprico he tells her that he came to fuss at Brat for not telling Carmen about her new living arrangements.

R is for...
Rodrigo
Not a lot of shenanigans from him tonight. He sees Grumps talking to McShady and shakes the PI down to find out who else knows the results of his investigation.

After talking to Grumps (and being told to butt out), he seems content to know that Grumps wants the truth to stay hidden.

He takes a call from the machine repairman guy.
Rosa
She gently confronts Grumps about Mrs. Amalia's last will and testament. At first Rosa felt like getting rid of the will was the best for all involved, but now she's not so sure. Grumps tells her to butt out and that destroying the will was best for all involved.

But aha!!! Rosa has indeed kept the will and thinks Mrs. Amalia is watching out from above. In a flashback we discover that Mrs. Amalia had arranged for a third person (didn't catch the name) was supposed to be the executor. Grumps dismissed that person as a drunk and told Rosa (who looked great in the flashback, BTW) to burn that will. I'm glad she didn't!

Z is for...
Zee final scenes
Nat tells Irene about taking Grumps to medical services. Nat wonders why Irene always refers to Grumps by his first name and not Papá. This leads to a conversation about family and Nat's story. Even though she isn't sure of her birth date, it must have been soon before being found on Christmas Eve because she still had the umbilical cord attached. Irene puts pieces together. Nat is oblivious to Irene's reaction.

During the telling of the tale, Nat makes it clear that her bio-mom is bum who abandoned her and Carmen is her REAL mom. Diego interrupts and notices Irene's tears and thinks they should stop talking about such a sad subject. Nat is offended that he thinks her life is a "sad" subject and runs to the Bathroom of Tears, Recriminations and Pep Talks. Diego tries to make up with her through the door, but runs of when Tad calls.

Irene immediately called Tad after Nat left the office and tells him Nat is there daughter. Everything matches up: the birth date and the year are the same.

El asks Carmen if she ever tried to find out about Natalia's real mother.




Labels:


Comments:
I am cold hearted. When Grumps was having his heart issue, I actually hoped he would die tonight.
 

Sara- You are not the only one. He burned up his sympathy card with me long ago, just like he tried to burn up that will. Thank you for doing one thing right, Rosa. Now get the damn will to Irene, Diego, or Alberto!

I realized that the writers have a sense of humor about the whole silly storyline when they had Karina tell her possibly fertilized egg that it was conceived in the best THREE minutes of her life. LOL!

So glad that our guys quickly decided to dismiss the shady PI and do the test again. Looks like the truth is about to come out. I wish someone would tell Nat Irene's baby story before that though.

Loved the alphabetical format. Thanks, Sara!
 

I'm supremely annoyed that Irene has NOT gotten to tell her side of the story to Nat.
 

I'm still in the middle of watching the episode, but...did she say THREE minutes?!!! Sorry, couldn't wait...back for more later....
 

It was from memory, but I swear I hear tres.

I still can't believe Alonso agreed to help Karina conceive naturally.

Wait, yes I can. He's an idiot.


 

Yes. Three minutes. I'm surprised he was able to get it up at all. He looked like he was marching off to a jail sentence..and perhaps he was. He'll be chained to that nut for life, if those three minutes were fruitful.
 

And then she tried to wheedle another, uh, 3 minutes, out of him every day for the next few days. I was screaming at them both to shut up by the time he got around to telling her that once was enough for the month. So many bad jokes there!

Sara, gracias for covering this! Every time Grumps grabs his chest, I think this is it. He's always been so crappy at taking care of himself, and I think he's been lying to his doctor ever since the first major incident. I don't think he wants to be told that he has to stay away from work.

I loved "in delicto shtuptrante!"

Damn right about Rod doing nothing all episode while his rod did all the work. He's all "I hate you both! I'll make you pay!" by doing what, exactly?
 

I was reminded of a quote from Gilmore Girls...Luke tells Lorelai he's checking on Rory and Jess every 10 minutes..."Hmm, 10 minutes. Yup, pretty much the time it took to create Rory. And that included getting dressed and freshening my lipstick. "
 

Psshhhh! on Altonto, Karina, and their three-minute-egg!!
 

Hi, Sara,

Loved your Sue Grafton approach to recapping. It worked amazingly well.

5ft, had the twins yesterday, so was unable to chime in and tell how much I enjoyed your work.

So nobody in D.F. has heard about Angie's List in regard to hiring PIs?

Alberto is finally not believing Brat. Might save him from some STD.

Of course, Nat will have a huge blow up with Irene re: throwing her out as an infant, and Carmen will go into primal survival mode to protect Nat.

Rod was a little too quiet tonight for my liking, but he's always lurking and looking for an opening.

Vicente: shame on you for everything.

Thanks again, Sara.

David
 

Oh my, love the clever alphabet format. Especially "Z" for Zee End. You are so funny!

"She was interrupted in delicto shtuptrante by two phone calls." That needs to become a CarayCaray classic like bodus interruptus.

Love Carmen getting the "yellow MLC card". Sad about the US loss yesterday but totally in love with our goalkeeper. Sixteen saves--the most ever in World Cup history. Hubbahubba...and he's hawt too.

"...Carmen has one egg left for the finale..."

Oh man, tell it girl! HuluPlus was showing the cutest Pampers ads yesterday, showing toddlers and babies bouncing around in dripless diapers and I had an early morning dream that I'd adopted a little baby to raise. Why can't I have early morning sex dreams like everybody else!!!??? Nope, for me it's babies. Hey David, want to share babysitting duties for the twins?
 

Excellent Sara loved the format

Thank goodness somebody finally saw Brigitte & Hot Rod together but what is there to protect by not telling? A reputation?

Wow, Nat has to create something to be butthurt about so we can see her pouty, crybaby mouth from the safety of her porcelain throne room.

Alberto - the male ego is capable of incredible gymnastic feats

Hot Rod - if you make it, doesn't matter if the ice was thin or not

Vicente - what do you think marrying for money means

Karina - and I bet he shoots blanks too

Alonso - confirmed my suspicions, you are a leg humping little dog

Kim - can't make a husband out of a whoremonger

El - knew I saw you sing Macho Man with the Village People, the cop right?

PI - cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching

Nat - drama queen

Diego - damned if I do & damned if I don't

Rosa - what on earth could you have been thinking

 

Sara, what an original and fresh format. Such a clever touch. Agree with David that the Sue Grafton approach was inspired.

Thought the recap was wonderful. "It was the happiest three minutes of her life (Not recapper snark; she actually said that)" and "delicto shtuptrante" were outstanding.

"...Carmen has one egg left for the finale..." was my favorite. Judy, once again we've noted the same spectacular lines. You've read my mind and we are on the same wavelength as usual, amiga!

Sara and Vivi, you echoed my sentiments regarding Grumps perfectly. He is dead to me. Nothing will resuscitate him in my eyes, short of dying trying to save Irene, Nat or Diego...

How can Alonso be so intelligent one minute (regarding the PI/Nat, etc.) yet dumb as dirt the next - Karina. It's as though only part of his brain is functioning properly. His good deeds/thoughts are commendable but he is still not worthy of Irene. I want Tad to make a miraculous recovery and have he, Irene and Nat together (happily) as a family.

Great quote from the Gilmore Girls Kat which was one of my favorites. Loved the Melissa McCarthy character. Snooki was warm and endearing unlike the characters the actress is choosing to play today. Sorry, just an off topic comment.

Vivi, you're so right. If Nat doesn't hear about Irene's story before everything is revealed, it will set the stage for Nat's firm rejection.

Marisol has hit it out of the park with her gut wretching turn as Irene. An amazing actress.

Did I imagine it or did the Brat actually smile last night??? Why for a second, she looked quite lovely until the perpetual furrowed brow and scowl returned. Perhaps I imagined it?

Sara, thank you.

Diana
 

Oh dear.

Sooki from the Gimore Girls. NOT Snooki from Jersey Shore.

Pardon!

Diana
 

Yeah, I was pretty happy that the ABC thing just came to me and that it worked. I'm pretty sure Every character was in last night's episode.

Kat--I wanted to comment on a comment you made yesterday. It does still seem choppy and edited. I couldn't help but think we were missing something during the "you're still my team" speech that El was giving. When was dept reorganization mentioned? Was it saw long ago that it was during the days of the 3-in-1 episodes?

I also loved your GG quote.

JudyB-I hate to tell you...but if Tim Howard is single, he belongs to my daughter....that is, if my dreams of her marrying Pierre Louis don't materialize. ;-)

Yes tofie! Nat really has been Drama Queeny lately.

Diana-I didn't even read it as SNooki. I just saw Sooki (and I do like that character more than the characters she's played recently.)
 

Oy vey. Above comment filled with typos.

 

Sara! I "third" the excellent Sue Grafton approach! This was absolutely wonderful and hilarious and the "Carmen has one egg left for the finale" had me laughing and saying out loud, "so true, so true!!!" This has to be one of your finest in a string of excellent recaps. :))

Are Alonso and Irene REALLY going to end up together?! I remain dumbfounded with the Alonso/Karina storyline. Alonso is almost as dead to me as is Grumps.

I am mystified.

Fatima
 

JudyB, wasn't Howard simply amazing yesterday! Oh my, oh my, oh my! He left me speechless!!

Fatima
 

Totally amazing Fatima. I bet every woman and a third of the men in the US all want him. Just fabulous!
 

JudyB,amiga mia, :)))!!!!!

Fatima
 

Judy- LOL about your baby dream. If only we could choose when to have good sex dreams. :)
 

Too true. Although something about early in the morning seems to trigger those. I think hormones rise during the night, don't they? Anyway, dreams of sweet babies are also a good way to start the day. Unless they're Alonso/Katrina babies!
 

JudyB, "Alonso/Katrina babies". I am still shaking my head.

This link is for you: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/07/02/327638952/tim-howard-emerges-as-hero-in-u-s-world-cup-loss


Fatima
 

Judy,

Babysitting? Sure, love to have you.

I think you're in Columbus, so it would only take you three left turns to get here.

Get on I-70W, turn left on Hwy 41S at Terre Haute, turn left onto Hwy 67N in Vincennes, then turn left into our driveway.

;)

David


 

So, David, what's that?...about 5 hours? Piece of cake. I used to drive to Indpls and back every Saturday (3 hours plus each way), for 10 years, helping take care of my ailing parents. Still have the trusty '94 Honda that got me there and back. See you soon!

Fatima...thanks for the link to our real-life Superman. Totally awesome, and the right age for my younger daughter, but Sara already has dibs for her princesita.


 

Tim Howard is only if the Pierre Louis thing doesn't work out lol. But Tim seems to be the age my daughter prefers, much to my husbands consternation as he thinks that's too old for her.

Fatima- I am still not convinced that Alonso and Irene are supposed to be together. Or maybe it's wishful thinking. I am just so very Team Tad and I really want him to make it.

I am not a sentimental person. TNs rarely elicit a tear from me, but Irene and Tad really get me misty eyed sometimes. Or it's hormones.
 

JudyB, amiga mia, you are welcome! The man is set to retire in a few years. HEAVEN FORBID!

Sara, I am a sentimental fool (just ask JudyB), but the Irene/Tad stuff has me misty eyed a lot. I'm glad you are not convinced that Alonso belongs with Irene as those are my thoughts as well.

Karina looks like a First Class, USDA Grade A, Fatal Attraction. Alonso is a FOOL to have done what he just did. Karina always has that inappropriate smile plastered on her face and it drives me nuts.

Re your daughter liking older men. Maybe your husband has a point there? :))

Fatima
 

Maybe, but it's less than 10 years and most of the males her age are immature twits.
 

Sara, less than 10 years? I say go for it. I think that makes for a good combo. Fully understand about the immature twits! LOL!!

Fatima
 

Sara, great, neat, to the point!

Usually the will is filed by the lawyer that drew it up, I think to the court. Remember the disputed cases where the new will supersedes the old one.
I´m sure Grumps wife had her own lawyer, although I don't remember hearing about that, but he must have drawn up the will. I'm sure Grumps wife didn't use
wills.com


 

The Howards are doing well, Tim, 16 saves.When was the last time we saw a loser so idealized ?

and Michelle Howard , the first woman 4 star admiral, plus she is African American.
 

David: Hello fellow Hoosier!

Nanette
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder