Friday, August 08, 2014

De Que Te Quiero, Te Quiero #151- Friday 8/8/2014

De que hablan mucho, hablan mucho.
So.many.words.

So.little.plot.

Vivi, thank you for yesterday's recap!

Really short and sweet. Minimal details.
  • Irene and Grumps hug it out.
  • El ignores Carmen's call.
Brat (Brigitte) is still looking for work. Paul le Champignon (MM) overhears her griping about her father not helping her. He doesn't think he should be just a sugar daddy. She shouldn't have something if she doesn't deserve it. Brat leaves in a huff (when does she NOT leave in a huff?) Carmen lets MM know they can only be friends.
Vicente apologizes to Irene and Nat. He wants them to come back to Caprico. Nat refuses to return to Caprico. Vicente wonders if he's the problem or if Diego is. Diego is just as surprised by her refusal as Vicente is.
  • CSI Mexico found no evidence at the crime scene.
  • Nat is a pouty baby and can't go back to Caprico because of bad memories. Diego has some lines.
  • Rod needs cash. Stat. Gigolo in 3...2...1. Gigolo Name: Rod Lepe. (Interesting forum entries for the word as well. I recommend reading them if you are a word nerd.)
Diego goes to see Simona. He lets her know that he's going back to Caprico. She's pretty happy since that might mean he'll have more time for her. He's hoping the same. Smoochies.

El studies some reports. There were traces of an accelerant in Albert's car. He asks Morales for some datos. I missed it. I assume about the fraud angle of the case.
  • Amanda wants to use the family pics that Tad, Irene and Nat took in the exhibit.
  • Carmen monologues about El. (I grow so weary of this plotline.)
Vicente tells Rosa he is back at Caprico. Irene and Diego are back as well. He only hopes Natalia will come back as well. He really wants her forgiveness. (Ok, Grumps. You're doing a lot of soul searching about apologizing, but don't think any of us in Viewerville have forgotten your wife's LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT.)

Nat comes home to ask Carmen for advice about the Caceres. Brat overhears Nat telling Carmen that Vicente has given a statement to the police in relation to Alberto's murder. Nat gets up to get a drink and Brat begs her to help her get her job back at Caprico. Nat refuses and reminds Brat that she doesn't exist. Nat also tells Carmen she's having doubts about marrying Andres. She cares about him, but that's not a strong enough feeling for marriage and she doesn't think it will grow to become something more. Carmen is happy that Nat has figured it out BEFORE she married Andres.
  • Morales is at the internet cafe getting those datos El asked for. I still don't know what they are.
  • Rod is still Gigolo-ing. 
That evening, Morales talks to himself about stuff that I didn't really care about. He does realize he misunderstood Carmen's puzzle message. When El doesn't answer his cell, Morales texts him.

Brat visits MM to tell him Carmen and El broke up. She tries to get some money out of him. He refuses and tells her to keep looking for work.
  • Vicente wants Nat to come see him.
  • Morales wants to show El the correct solution to the puzzle message. The datos will take a little time. (Whatever they are.)
  • Rod loves 'em, leaves 'em and robs 'em. And doesn't get much for his "sacrifice." 
Brat goes to see Vicente. She wants some money. He says he'll help the baby, but not her. He has to throw her out of his office. She thinks it's because Nat bad-mouthed her. Vicente informs her that Nat has never said a bad word against Brat. (He was back to being Grumps with Brat, but I was fine with that.)
  • El gets the right message. 
  • Rod has pretty much emptied the Caprico accounts.
Rod wants a sketchy guy to get some false papers for him. It's going to cost quite a few pesos. Since Rod's accounts are frozen, he may have trouble getting the money.

Irene thinks they could get a loan. Diego reminds her that will take time. Time they don't have. Heeeeyy...why don't we negotiate a deal with Telermann!!

Natalia goes to see Vicente and he again asks her to come back. Caprico is partly hers after all. If she won't do it for him, do it for Irene. Nat promises she will at least think about it. He apologizes again and says that she and Irene were victims. Nat tells him he needs to forgive himself first. She isn't harboring any hard feelings.
  • Irene and Diego have lines about business. They want Nat to come back.
MM comes to the fonda. Lupita gives him the cold shoulder. She overhears him say something. I missed it, but based on what she does I assume she heard him say he doesn't like/can't tolerate spicy food.

Rod is eating a torta at a not fancy eating establishment. He's hard up for cash. He remembers Vicente's safe. He will pass himself off as Diego so he can rob it.

Lupita puts a lot of hot sauce in MM's soup. It's served to him. He and Carmen argue a bit about why Brat is the way she is. He wants to open an account for Brat and put a little money in it. Just until she finds work. He finally tries the soup and begins to choke. Some idiot suggests Carmen give him mouth to mouth. Of course El arrives with flowers and thinks the worst. (Please make this ridiculous carousel of misunderstandings stop y ya.)

Avances

  • Andres breaks up with Nat.
  • Diego smooches Simona and Nat sees.
Bonus vocab (I didn't write down the context though. oops.)
descolón-snub; rebuff
No necesito vejigas para nadar- I can do it myself (El said this to Morales.)

Labels:


Comments:
I am officially done with El and Carmen. I don't even care if they get together.
 

Sara thanks for your wonderful recap. It's hilarious to me how foolishness in tns bring out recapper gold! There were many stand outs but this was my favorite - "Ok, Grumps. You're doing a lot of soul searching about apologizing, but don't think any of us in Viewerville have forgotten your wife's LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT.)" When is Grumps going to really come clean so he's forgiveness tour seems more legit? And I join you in your disgust over the Carmen/El plot.

The info El is looking for from Morales is accelerant; El believes Rod bought some and traces were found on Big Al.

I was happy that both Nat and Grumps didn't allow themselves to be manipulated by Brat. While its consistent with her character, I couldn't believe she asked Nat (to ask Irene) for a job and laughed when Grumps told her he didn't Nat to tell him about Brat's character.

Though her stunt was devilish, I loved Lupita tonight.
 

Gracias, Sara! I think my favorite was "Rod needs cash. Stat. Gigolo in 3...2...1." I'm going to be singing the David Lee Roth version of Just a Gigolo in my head all night. Life goes on without you, Rod...life goes on without you.

Brat was back to her annoying self tonight. I can't believe her whining to Vicente that she doesn't even have enough money to eat. Girl! Your mom's not starving you! It was nice to see him grumping in classic Grumps mode to her. Much more comforting than joking around with Nat! He keeps freaking me out when he smiles!

Lupita, my evil genius! When will people learn not to divulge any information around you that might be used against them?
 

Oh ... em ... gee! Smiling Grumps is creeeepy!!
 

I completely agree. When Grumps smiles it really scary.

Oh you're right, Karen. I did jot down a note about El hoping the accelerant purchase was made with a credit card.
 

Sara: Short and spicy. And very tasty.

"Rod is still Gigolo-ing" and "Rod loves 'em, leaves 'em and robs 'em. And doesn't get much for his "sacrifice" had me laughing out loud. Simply great.

True, not much action but you captured the highlights perfectly.

Kat, "grumping in classic Grumps mode" to the Brat was spot on. He has her number.

Karen, wasn't it refreshing to see Lupita proactive? I had to laugh. Perhaps not a nice trick, but she is a girl with a plan. Glad to see someone is thinking here.

tofie, I look forward to your comments - will you have something for Rod's new profession??

Sara, thank you. Your recap was far better than the episode.

Diana
 

Excellent as always Sara.

Rod "Lepe" - to be a complete twit" Priceless

And, I too have been singing David Lee Roth's version of Just a Gigolo/I ain't got nobody all morning. Folks already think I'm nuts, so thanks

Hot Rod - pay commensurate with performance

Vicente - pretty please Nat, come and not do any work for me at Caprico

Diego - two can play this game

Simona - make sure it's a binding legal document, not on a hug and a kiss

Irene - damn probate

Brigitte - they may have an opening for a stripper at the "Chicago" club on MCET

kNat - what? may not love Andres, when did that happen?

Lupita - ohhh, you little stinker

El - there are more important things

Carmen - know why they always loved and left

Paul - go friggin HOME

 

"Pay commensurate with performance"

Lolololololol!!!!!!
 

I have two questions. First, why doesn't Bridgette just work at the family restaurant if she needs some money?

Second, when Alberto was killed in the garden, I thought his cellphone was dropped somewhere in the bushes. I don't think anyone picked it up yet. Why wasn't it found by the police?
 

tofie, "Hot Rod - pay commensurate with performance" Priceless!

Also, "Paul - go friggin HOME" Yes, please! He's got to know he has NO chance whatsoever!
 

Gobluefan, as far as I can tell, the only reason she's not working at the fonda is that she doesn't want to and never asked if she could. Carmen hasn't suggested it, either. Personally, I wouldn't want her waiting on my customers either, unless I was trying to go out of business!

Rod picked up the cell phone, wiped his prints off it, and stuck it in Big Al's pocket before he sent the car off the cliff.
 

So here's my question...does anybody remember what happened to the wrench after Rod picked it up from the garden?
 

Kat, I think Morales came thisclose to finding it when Grumps interrupted the search. That allowed Rod to come back and retrieve the wrench.

That's my recollection, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

tofie, "Vicente - pretty please Nat, come and not do any work for me at Caprico" was my favorite.

Diana
 

Sorry Kat, you were asking what he did with the wrench after he picked it up.

I thought he threw it over the cliff when the car went over?

Diana
 

Diana, right, that's what I mean. He had forgotten about the wrench until some time after he sent the car over the cliff and when he remembered, he went outside to find it. Vicente saw him with the wrench and.... What happened to the wrench after that?
 

Vicente asked him what he was doing with that wrench and Rodrigo said he "just found it" in the garden (which the old man accepted without question), then drove out somewhere and tossed it into a ravine, but nowhere near where the car went over. That puppy's gone.
 

I think that was when Vicente first realized Rod was capable of anything and didn't proceed to far into the garden, accepted quickly Rod's excuse for being there and beat a hasty retreat.
 

Sara, you are hilarious when you are in a bad mood re this TN!!! I love it!!

Is this nonsense between El and Carmen going to go on until the Gran Final?! ...and that Mushroom Head...I wish he would just GET OUT once and for all. I can't stand to even look at the guy.

What are we doing to do without our little Lupita?!?

Thank you, Sara!

Fatima
 

About the only thing I can stand about the mushroom is that he does not give into Brat and her whims.
 

Which is funny, since that's really all she wants him for is money. She thought she was hitting the jackpot! Awwww, too bad.
 

I'm getting tired of El and Carmen. I'm guessing there is nothing more the writers can think of to keep the story going.

I'm so glad Mushroom and Vicente are giving Brat a hard time. Do you think she could ever change??

The advances seem to say Andre is breaking up with Nat. I fell asleep at the end. If this is so, I'm so happy he beat her to the punch.

Thanks for your recap Sara,

Ann-NYC
 

I'm glad he beat her to the punch as well. That way he can maintain a shred of dignity.
 

Sara- This was such a great recap. You made it fun, even though you say not much happened. I'm hoping to watch this episode tonight.

Things I was happy to read:

Brat continues to have a hard to bending people to her whim. What nerve asking Nat for a favor after their last confrontation! In the beginning she did work at the fonda like all the other Garcias, but she always felt the work was beneath her. I wouldn't want her around either.

Glad that Andres is going to withdraw himself from the relationship before he's booted.

Are you serious that Rod has become a gigalo?! LOL!
 

Well, he hasn't joined the union yet, but he needs to accumulate a few more hours for that. Then he can start learning which are the best spots for picking up clients, how to tell when her jewelry's worth stealing, that sort of thing.
 

Pipefitters Union?
 

He wishes. I think all his bragging about how he's had sooooo many women is code for "None of them thought I was worth a second night."
 

Irma thought he was worth a repeat, though she did lose interest when she hooked up with the Doc.
 

True. And then there's Brat, having his baby.

I miss Irma. I wonder what she's doing.
 

If Rod impersonates Diego again to get at the bucks in Grumps safe, perhaps he'll take a shot at Nat again. That I'll watch.
 

I still kinda miss Diana too.

Despite the doldrums that we seem to be in, I have enjoyed this show. I really don't think the bloated episode count has helped it.
 

If Diego hasn't alerted security so Rod can't pull the same trick he did, he deserves to have Rod empty out the safe!
 

I agree, Sara. It didn't need to go on this long. The story is getting uncomfortably stretched out. Several times we've been at a point where it felt like they could wrap things up in another week, but no.
 

Doubt Diego covered his butt. This the same guy that wants to make Tellermann a partner in the business with Simona in tow. Nat sees this and it'll go over like a lead turd.
 

"Lead turd"

I've got to work that into a recap.

Am I the only one who sees more chemistry between Diego and Simona than Diego and Nat?
 

Oh, yeah. I do and much more believable. They act like a couple of adults that like each other instead of two teens during recess.
 

Lol. Maybe that's it tofie.
 

Thanks Sara, I enjoyed this to the max.

"If Diego hasn't alerted security so Rod can't pull the same trick he did, he deserves to have Rod empty out the safe!"

ITA: I'm hanging in there with the good guys but it's still frustrating when they are so naïve and forgiving that they don't use common sense. One bad guy can outsmart at least 5 good guys. We know the good guys are going to prevail in the end but it's like a roller coaster ride getting there.
 

Sara, thanks for the snappy recap of a not so snappy episode. The show is getting a little boring. I still do not know why the writers killed off Diana so quickly. She was easy to despise and kept the pot boiling.

5ft...you were wondering what Irma was doing....my guess.......the doctor.

So...Super Duper Studmuffin ARod has decided to sell his talents. What.A. Tool.

I agree that Mushroom should go back to Paris , s'il vous plait.
 

Susanlynn, It wasn't El Color de La Pasion Esmeralda Pimentel left this show early to go do, it was Madre Sustituta which sadly was canceled for ECDLP (I LOVE ECDLP but I also wanted to see MS) She was the lead with Jose Ron and among actors/actresses such as Maria Rojo, Blanca Guerra and Alejandro Camacho.
 

Sara, thank you for this expert recap of an episode that was so exasperating to watch. You added more to my understanding and enjoyment of the plotline than the professional writers did.

I get exasperated at all the stupid shenanigans in some of these tns, but then I look at the world around us, and suddenly tn plotlines don't seem so bad.

Paul has been an idiotic interloper, in my opinion. I don't see why they couldn't have invented a more believable and dynamic character: But then, all of Carmen's exes have been duds in some sense.

tofie, your "pay commensurate with performance" needs to be on a sidebar here.

And Brat working at the fonda? NO!

And yet, I can't wait for tonight's episode.

David
 

Hi Sara. Love your grumpy, to-the-point recaps. Favorite line:

Brat leaves in a huff (when does she NOT leave in a huff?)

And of course also:

(Ok, Grumps. You're doing a lot of soul searching about apologizing, but don't think any of us in Viewerville have forgotten your wife's LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT.)

Just great. As was Tofie's crack: "pay commensurate with performance". Although I thought the lady woke up pretty happy...before she discovered billfold, jewels, and oh yes..lover long gone.

They have managed to make the El/Carmen romance not only boring but also immensely IRRITATING. What a shame.

But loved the recap. And love this group of commenters.

Oh and many thanks for the vocabulary. I wrote down the "vejiga" quote but didn't even begin to guess the meaning of "descolón"
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder