Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Mi corazon es tuyo #13 06 Aug 2014... not your typical PG rated family show anymore... Fernando is human... and so are Fanny and Leon

Sorry this is so long... but a lot of the dialogue was very telling of the moment...  i will try to edit it shorter tomorrow.

Refrito: Ana talks to a charcoaled Bruno.



Fernando pacing in bedroom after doing the deed with Bella-Skank and remembering moments with Ana…
‘sometimes we feel alone and want someone there to worry about us and care for us, love us….’ ‘I want to tell you this has been one of the best days I have had in a long time’. ‘she is beautiful, right papi?’ ‘you are radiant, very beautiful’. ‘buena note, buenisima note’.

Ana finds Luz in her bed…

Ana and Fernando thinking of each other. Ana more worried, Fernando more enchanted.

Lo Nuevo:

Nico calls Jennifer, but she won’t answer. ‘forgive me, Nico, I don’t know what to tell you’. (she is suffering… he gets a canned message from phone company about phone number not available)

The twins are trying to scare each other with flashlights… discussing whether they should apologize to the other girl so she will invite Alicia to the party… Seba angry at them, ‘let me sleep!’

In the morning… both the twins are ‘crying’ to Ana. They seem to be faking being sick.

At hacienda, skanky BellaSkank is seducing Fer at pool… he is in avoiding/ignoring mode…

She wants him to remember what they did … last night.

Ana comes back with thermometers to get the twins temperature. She leaves them alone. They get the thermometers under the lamp so it will show fever.

Leon arrives at the office building, talks to Betty (is this Fernando’s secretary?), who sends him to catch up with Don Fernando and Bella Skank to give Fernando some papers... At the same time, Fanny is texting Leon ‘good morning gorgeous.’ He answers ‘I want to see you’. But then he has to rush.

Ana comes back to the twins, gets alarmed at their temperature. They put on the sick script. Ana runs to call Fernando.

At breakfast table, Alicia now has TWO mountains on her forehead… she screams again, both Nando and Seba downplay her ‘emergency’.

Manuela keeps trying to seduce Bruno… Ana runs in, she has to call Fernando, the twins are burning up.

Fernando is swimming. So Bella Skank answers the call. Who is this? Isa, of course! Can I speak to Don Fernando, please? ‘he is taking a shower’ (liar!) Ana gets loud and angry, please tell him to call me asap.! Bella Skank is downplaying her. ‘you just tell him to call me!!’

At the house, the boys look at Ana like she is freaking out, Bruno asks her if she’s ok… Now she calls

Bella Skank is whispering through her teeth that she hopes Ana is twisting in anger … la naca.

But she does tell Fernando that Ana called. He seems to rush to call back, he immediately worries that something happened with the kids…

Twins talk about whether they should tell the truth.

At kitchen, Ana is rushing Luz to be ready… Luz asks Bruno what is wrong with Ana. Bruno explains that the twins are sick.

Ana tells the twins that the doctor is on the way to see them. The twins tell Ana the truth. They explain they heated the thermometers with the lamp. Ana says she used to use that trick herself. But you can’t do this to me, no fair!

Bruno answers the phone. It is Fernando. Bruno yells for Ana… Ana asks twins ‘what am I going to tell him now?’ ‘you will be banned from the ‘aparatito con que se la pasan jugando’ (the little gadget you always are playing with). She wants them to get ready for school. ‘what about the witch?’ ‘you got no choice ‘les cayo el chaguiscle’, now you have to face the consequences and appologize’.

Fanny asks Nando if he is ok, he is acting strange. ‘more strangely than usual’. Nando gets offended and leaves ‘you always so charming’. Fanny asks the girls ‘what did I say?’ ‘more strangely than ever’. Seba does agree with Fanny, Nando did not play with him yesterday, he was sleeping all afternoon. Fanny guesses right that this has to do with Ximena. I screwed it.

Ana tells Fernando that it was a false alarm, and what the twins did. Ana starts getting sarcastic about him being busy. Fernando also asks Ana if she is ok. ‘you must also have a fever’. ‘calentura’. Ana says don’t mock me, I did worry for real. Go ahead and keep enjoying Bella Skank’s company!

Ana hangs up, she is mad.

Bella asks Fernando if everything is ok. He is a bit confused at first (more like thinking of Ana) but snaps out of it and again slips away from Bella’s passes… Bella shrieks through her teeth ‘darn nanny’.

At the house, all the kids are asking themselves what is up. (Ana is anxious, angry). Lichita tells the twins Ana is talking to dad. The twins think that Ana and Fernando are talking about them.

Fanny gets Ana to tell her what she told Fernando. Ana won’t tell Fanny so when Ana walks away Fanny calls Fernando’s number. Bella thinks it is Ana, ‘what is it now, Anita?’ Fanny gets irritated at her for answering her dad’s phone. Bella tells her Fernando is busy. So what? That does not give you right to answer his phone. Fernando takes the phone and Fanny is nagging and asking him in harsh tone if he spent the night with Bella Skank. Fernando is not ok with her question or her tone. Fanny hangs up on him. He is shocked.

Ana is talking to the twins, tells them their dad did not like their prank… Ana reminds them they have to apologize to la Katys. Fanny comes out of the library. Fanny tells Ana that her dad spent the night with Bella Skank. Ana reminds her they had talked about her dad having the right to… Fanny does not want to talk about it.

Bella Skank is having similar conversation with Fernando. She says Fanny needs to understand… yada yada… Fernando is more sensitive to Fanny’s feelings. They really hurt with their mom’s death. Maybe a year is not long enough to adjust to my seeing other women. Bella Skank changes strategy ‘I understand’. He tells her he does not like Fanny finding out about THEM like this, He wants to go home right now. Bella Skank has no choice but to agree. Kiss. (or should I say… HISSSSSS)

Ana with Manuela in kitchen, Ana is in a bad mood, takes it on the bread dough… and the table. Slap slap slap… Bruno tries to talk to her. Manuela guesses right that it has to do with Miss Bella. (right about now I guess Bruno and Manuela are happy Ana has taken it on a ball of bread dough and not on china, crystalwear or them).

At school, Nando is again having trouble, got a failing grade (40) on the test he was sleeping through. Are you ok? You were sleeping during the test! You know you can talk to me, right? Yes, thank you. The other boys start nagging him ‘now you have lost your only talent, right? You are a total loser now’. They even slap his head from the back… The teacher this time witnessed it. But walks away. Nando is left there alone, and cries again.

At school recess, or lunch… they have an outdoor taco stand and even dart boards with real darts?? Fanny’s friends are asking her if her dad knows about Leon… Fanny has an attitude now, if her dad is going with ‘esa tipa’, then he can’t rant at her for anything either!

At office building, Leon takes another paper envelope to take to… from Beatriz…

Ana is at doctor with Alicia (I guess it is the dermatologist). Ana keeps trying to get Alicia to believe she is beautiful… don’t pop your pimples because that will leave a mark. Alicia is scared of going to doctor alone… but Ana convinces her.

Ana calls Jennifer. Tells her about her jealous skid with Fernando. Jennifer mis-hears and asks Ana if she is ‘late’. Johnny overhears this and takes the phone from Jennifer and asks Ana if she is ‘late’?? it is the best news!! Won’t let Ana clarify. Runs out yelling ‘I am going to be a daddy!!’ Jennifer tells Ana Johny ran out, and his cell fell to the floor and broke. Ana worries.

At hacienda, Bella Skank calls her mom. Tells her the problem are ‘his kids, they are unbearable!’. Feranndo comes to her so she hangs up. Fernando repeats to Bella ‘I need to be there’. Thank you for your understanding … kiss (GAG!!!)

At the house, the boys are mocking Alicia… ah! It was not dermatologist, it was orthodontist, and the boys are mocking her pimples AND her braces… Ana rants at them when Alicia runs brokenhearted.

The doorbell rings… the boys get nervous. Bruno opens the door, it is a disguised Johnny. Ana quickly summons him outside. Bruno mumbles ‘where have I seen this guy before?”

Johnny plays the ‘going to be a daddy! So exciting… is he kicking yet?... and then goes into name listing… ‘ Ana tries to tell him but he won’t let her… finally she gets to talk ‘remember I wanted to have a kid with you?... it was a misunderstanding. There is no way I am pregnant’. Johnny is hard to give up on the idea. Ana says don’t be silly, I gotta work. She has to give him money for the bus back. He takes all the money she has in her hand.

Fernando and Bella Skank come into a restaurant. Leon catches Fernando at entrance and tells him Betty sent him the papers he is holding. Fernando brings him over to the table, and then criticizes his ‘interesting jeans’. (they are ripped) and tells him ‘you also are part of the image of our corporation’. Leon says ‘the others didn’t dry on time’. Bella again jumps in none-her-bidness ‘that is not our problem’.

Later Leon has Fanny visit him… Fanny tells Leon that Bella is unbearable, and if that is who her dad chose, she also has the freedom to choose whom she wants. So she thinks it is time to tell him the truth. Leon agrees, but asks ‘you think your dad will accept me?’ ‘Leon, I accept you and that is most important for me. Give yourself your place.’ ‘thanks, Bonita. I was planning something special like you deserve, but… look. (places her hand over his chest) I offer you this heart, which, as you can feel, is beating at warp speed, faster than I had to ride the motorbike to catch up to your dad. It beats like that every time I have you near me, Fanny. And… from the deep (of my heart)… I want to ask you to be my girl. I swear that I will do my best to improve my live, to progress (superarme) and be worthy of you.’ ‘don’t say more, mensajerito. You are already (worthy of her). Please (porfa), give me the first one of a million kisses, ok?’ kiss… (awwwwwww!! Teen love… )

At house, Ana is having tea, with teary eyes, remembering moments with Fernando at his birthday, she hugs him… then the hug at his bedroom when he was full of suds…

Fernando has come quietly in kitchen and calls her softly ‘Ana’… she thinks it is part of her daydream so she answers softly ‘yes, Fernando?...’ (he puts a ‘say what??’ look in his eyes, and repeats her name, this time less subtly ‘Ana?’. (she sighs scared) she stutters ‘you see, sometimes I see and hear things and… ‘ ‘don’t worry. You can’t sleep again?’ ‘why did you use that tone and hang up on me when you called me there?’ she comes up with the excuse that her phone fell down and about the kids fever. ‘ don’t worry about that. What is worrying me now is Fanny.’ ‘because of Miss Bella Lugossy’. Ana suggests again he talk to Fanny, and maybe go upstairs now and give her a kiss… ‘of course, a noisy kiss like you are used to’. Ana starts sticking her tongue around her lips to try to signal to him that he has a ‘milk mustache’. He is very slow to catch the meaning of her facial language. Ana reminds him to kiss Fanny, and then leaves for the night.

Fernando goes upstairs, is about to go into Fanny’s bedroom but runs into Luz’s turtle. He smells it and caresses it in a rare tender moment… he seems to caress the doll more than he does most of his kids… (we see that Fanny is sleeping next to Leon in her room?)

Ana is starting to undress in her room when suddenly she hears Fernando scream ANAAAAAA!!!

Turns out Fernando did not find Fanny in her room… he is in library ranting that ‘how can it be possible that Fanny is not home at this time?’ ‘I just called her and she is almost home. She just lost sense of time. … (he is still ranting angrily) it is not an excuse but I saw her car was home and I do respect the privacy of your kids… truly, sir, I did not notice when she slipped out.’ Bruno comes in out of breath to tell Fernando that Fanny is home. ‘tell her to come right now!’ Ana tries to coach Fernando in to doing a countdown ’10…9….8…’ Fanny comes in. Fernando is still angry. Fernando asks her why she did not tell where she was. ANSWER ME!!! She says she was going to come home earlier but she fell asleep. ‘asleep? Where? Who were you with, Fanny?’ ‘with my boyfriend’. ‘sleeping with your boyfriend? But… who is your boyfriend, how long have you had him?’ ‘Leon!’ (oopsie!) ‘Leon what?? What is his last name?? who is LEON??’ (Leon is walking in already).

L: Good evening.

Fer: Your boyfriend is the messenger?

Fan: Yes. My boyfriend is your messenger. Have a problem with that? Ah! I know… you are going to tell me I have to date a ‘good’ boy, right? (making the quotations gesture with fingers)

Fer: I already told you, Estefania! Not to talk to me in that tone! (Ana tries to speak) Ana, please!

Fan: And you, dad, please! Don’t use that tone to say that my boyfriend is a messenger as if that meant he is a lowly life! I am not referring to it being a lowly job! What I have a problem with is that you break the rules of my house! Where you live!!

Ana again tries to talk but he shuts her up again. He ends up asking both Ana and Leon to leave

Le: Of course, sir! This is your house!

Fer: Of course this is my house!! This is my family!! (all the kids are outside the library listening to their dad totally losing it) And this is my daughter!! …

Fan: Don’t yell at Leon like that!! Control yourself!!

Fer: This is the ultimate!! I die worrying about you and I turn out to be the Big Bad Wolf?? When all I did…

Le: … was to make it loud and clear that I am way under-rank (muy poca cosa) for your daughter!

Fer: Again with that… I have never said that!!

Le: There are many things you don’t need to say with words, sir!

Ana scrambles the kids to go to bed… they can still hear the ruckus…

Fan: Why are you still screaming??!!

Fer: Because you are putting words in my mouth that I have not said!!

Nando: but he is right, there are rules in this house…

One of the twins: But I get scared when he screams like that!...

Luz: He will turn into a monster! (monstro!!)

Ana: not monstro, mostro… but lets hope not.

Fer: Can I or can’t I talk to my daughter, Leon??

Fan: So now you are going to kick him out?!.... truly, dad!…

Fer: What is wrong with you, Estefania??

Fan: I was not doing anything wrong with Leon! I fell asleep by accident! And obviously I did not want you to meet him like this, but I knew you were going to reject him!!

(Fer walks away around his desk…)

Fer: I am going to talk to you as your father!... lets talk like people… we are talking about this in a disproportionate way… Don Leon!... would you let me talk to my daughter? I beg you!

Le: Yes, of course Sir… excuse me.

(Leon leaves the library quietly) (it’s funny how the younger boys are lined up as in filing… by size… too funny they have been standing like this, as if expecting an inspection or reprimand)

Fer: Let’s talk….. calmly. (Fanny has teary eyes, is a bit scared still…)

Luz: you are Lion the King, right?

Leon: Yes, and what is your name?

Luz: Luz! Were you born in Africa? (LOL!!!)

Leon: No, I am from Natepec(Sp?)

The twins introduce themselves, one says he would like to also have an animal name (LOL!) the other twin says he would like to be named Tyranosaurus-Rex!.

Seba and Alicia follow suit with introductions, and finally a reluctant Nando also joins in.

(Leon nods in respect).

Ana: Well… now that we know each other this way and that way… we are going to sleep. (kids head upstairs)

Ana: ok, what’s the deal with you?

Leo: I know I acted wrong, Ana, but… its just that Don Fernando thinks that… He thinks I am ‘muy poca cosa’ for his daughter!

Ana: I did not hear him say any of that, on the contrary! Because he… he is not like that.

Leo: I know but.. he did get a bit rough, didn’t he?

Ana: (gesturing) and how would you have reacted, dear?? It is not easy for a father to meet the guy his daughter is interested in these cond (gesturing about his outfit/attire)…. Well, in these conditions, right? And then the issue of the ‘sleeping’ and all…

Fer: why did you not tell me you had a boyfriend?

Fan: Obvious! Because I knew it would get you way off track (te iba a super sacar de onda) (hashtag hand sign)

Fer: It gets me off track (me saca de onda)(hashtag hand sign back) that you don’t trust me, Fanny.

Fan: You didn’ tell me either that you spent the night with Bella-Skank… so we are even. You don’t trust me either

Fer: The Bella-Skank (moment) was something…

Fan: I am not 5 years old! You left together to Malinalco, what did you expect to happen??

Fer: We are now talking about the ‘Office Boy’!!

Fan: His name is Leon!! And admit that it hit you like a granade (te cayo como bomba) (hashtag sign) that I went out with him!

Fer: What hit me like a grenade (hash tag sign) was that you left without telling anyone! And that you returned at this hour!! That is just not done!! (eso no se hace!!)

Fan: what would have happened if I had not arrived with Leon, and would have arrived instead with a ‘mirrey’ who plays golf and will inherit his papi’s business, eh??

Fer: I am not that kind of father, for God’s sake! We would have had this same argument! You don’t call the shots on yourself! You need to follow the rules of this house! I already told you!

Fan: Pleeze! I don’t know what kind of father you are! I don’t know you! You are almost never home! And when you are, you lock yourself in here and no one can interrupt you! But to sleep with Bella-Skank you do have time, no?? And then you wonder why we don’t trust each other.

Fer: I returned from Malinanco for you, daughter. I was worried about you.

Fan: thank you very much, dad! You don’t know how much I am grateful for you having cut short your weekend (getaway) for me!

Fer: Enough! Stop saying silly stuff, caramba!

Fan: Know what? I don’t want to keep arguing! I am fed up with your rules and your reproaches!

Fer: (grabs her roughly so she won’t leave) Where are you going?? Fed up with what?? Fed up with what?? Here you follow the rules and that’s that!! You follow the rules and that’s that!!

Fan: I am fed up and angry with you for many reasons!! It’s been a year my mom died, and all you have done is lock yourself here with your darn job! And what about your kids?? What about our pain?? What about our loneliness?? (he lets her go, something has sunk in… she is very upset now, not so angry) … I don’t want to be near you. (leaves upset)

Previews: Fanny and Fer keep arguing, she keeps nagging that he is very strict but does not spend enough time with his family... then Fer remembers his night with Bella-Skank, and then he seems to go seeking solace and refuge with Ana… he seems to be about to kiss her.



Labels:


Comments:
Have to say i loved the fact that Leon stayed there standing beside Fanny through thick and thin... and with his head up high making eye contact with Fernando, but with his subtle respect for him.
Also loved how he asked Fanny to be his 'girl'... so sweet.

watch out, Johnny is on the loose with the mistaken idea that Ana is preggers with his 'junior'.. ouch!!
 

I've got Benny Hill on in the background as I read through CarayCaray and in a skit Benny Hill and his buddy get up to all kinds of funny business in a gentleman's club called ChicaGoGo. :)
 

Marta, great recap especially with phrases like "charcoal broiled Bruno" and "Bella Skank". Thanks.nyou had me laughing.

Vivi, Benny Hill! I have not thought of him in years. ChicaGoGo! Of all things.

Loved: Luz and her linking of León to el rey León; Ana taking out her jealous rage on the bread dough.

Looks like the family still has not dealt fully with the mother's death and Fernando will be forced from hiding in his office to deal with it like it or not. His ordered life is about to get much messier.

Jarifa
 

Marta- I didn't see this, but great replay of the father-daughter argument at the end. Great dialogue. Those two really were not listening to each other, but Fer has more of an obligation, as the parent, to get a better handle on what's going on. Fanny really couldn't be more clear about how she feels.
 

Good stuff, Marta. Thanks for the dialogue, too.

What I liked about this is that Fernando can argue with Fanny without going off the deep end and calling her all kinds of vile names like fathers in other novelas. Of course, he's not a toxic father (a la Sergio Goyri or Enrique Rocha) and the specifics of this situation are somewhat different, but at least he can argue without getting insulting.

It's a business skill.

Good for Fanny that she can say what's on her mind. It's time for Fernando to deal with the family's grief.

And it's time for his son to learn about women like Ximena who is an Isabeast in training.
 

martaivett, excellent and captured the Fernando/Fanny exchange including side show blow by blow.

Stalemate. I give props to Fanny & Leon for walking in together willing to face the consequences. Fernando has been cowardly in his introduction of his relationship with Isabela. Props to Fernando for not launching into an attack on Leon.

I'd much rather see this than Ana & Juan standing among the broccoli, however, Ana will have to come to terms with her slow integration into Fernando's privileged world and the one populated by her friends.

Nando - someone please talk to him, show him a way out, other than an explosion

Twins - hell on 4 feet

Alicia - the two on your forehead, well they got friends

Juan - never, not in a million years

Fernando - this passive/aggressive crap, cut it out

Isabela - gotta go through me first

Jenny - no to the framily plan

Fanny - Leon for Isabela, is that a fair trade?

Ana - stop draggin' my, stop draggin' my, stop draggin' my dough around

Leon - just pick up a pair of khakis at goodwill

 

This was above and beyond Marta, and greatly appreciated!!

I love how you gave us that last argument verbatim. The whole scene was so not TN typical. Leon did stand tall, didn't feel less (heck he's working his way thru college! Should be proud). I agree, Fer is not a bad father, just a rather clueless one, thinking rules and occasional in-play with his children is enough. I think the rules are a means to not have to have confrontations because he wouldn't know what to do. Argument is a case in point.

But Fanny is the 20 year old if I'm not mistaken. First, I give her credit for owning up to why she was "late". And 2nd, for letting her father know, as an adult, what his behavior has been. That line about having no time for them, but being able to spend the night with Skank-Ho...boy that hit home.

Of course, the Skank will not be going away. And unfortunately, if she thinks she's losing ground, that one night may come back to haunt Fer big time. Pregnancy anyone? I kind of got that clue with Johnny's mistaken idea about Ana. (What an idiot). That plot will hit someone.

Nando is breaking my heart. And the twins faking sick...what a great idea!! Maybe I can use that for work?

Daisynjay
 

UA, Daisy et al... I agree that Fernando could have reacted way way way worse than he did... DaisynJay, totally agree it was NOT your typical TN novela about a 20'something kid that overrides the nighttime curfew with boyfrd.
Maybe the fact that Fanny and Leon were both owning up to the 'accidental oversleep' was part of it... also the fact that Leon was respectfully answering him a bit...
Tofie... great list! my fav are Alicia's, Fernando's and Leon's.
Fernando certainly is acting passive aggressive, and his sin might be just he's self-absorbed.
 

Ana has had great success with the younger kids and especially the girls. Perhaps her inability to help Nando, and his escalating problems is to show us that even if there is a strong and involved mother figure in a child's life, a strong and involved father figure is needed too. Nando's ongoing issues show us the he really needs his father, who unfortunately, has been emotionally absent much of the time.
 

great point Vivi and if Isabela has her way Fernando will remain so
 

Considering Fer has a rather love/drive me crazy relationship with his own father, I can see where he wouldn't be too good in reaching out and knowing how to talk with Nando. I've seen a few instances where he is told "to be in charge" and maybe that is what he had to be when younger? Couple that with the fact I think there had to be a bit of the nerd in Fer when younger. The good boy who studied hard, followed the rules, etc. Maybe he's in denial himself on how he wished his youth could have been freer and different, and to address Nando, he needs to admit that to himself, not make Nando a clone.

Daisynjay
 

Marta, you did an excellent job. The level of detail you provided is greatly appreciated, especially the conversation translations.

Thought the title was great and especially enjoyed "At hacienda, skanky BellaSkank is seducing Fer at pool… he is in avoiding/ignoring mode…"

Like you, I realy gave Leon credit for standing with and by Fanny during Feo's not too subtle but reasonable scolding. I really like him (well both Fer and Leon).

I loathe the way Nando is being treated. Of course, he is very handsome and I suspect this will be turned around, but bullying in any form is one of the worst forms of abuse and it's very difficult to watch. I hate to see any child cry, especially on TNs as I wonder where those tears are really coming from.

Thank you Marta!

Diana
 

What was disconcerting, even after the teacher dismissed class, he did noting, though he witnessed the bullying.
 

Poor Nando. I like that the show touches on bullying, but I wish that the teacher had done something about it. Scenes like that are all too common in schools today.

I find Fernando's behavior really deplorable. No wonder all of the kids minus Nando act like a spoiled brats. He's latching on to IsaBruja after knowing her all of a few weeks. I don't blame Fanny for going off on him. She's 19, so she shouldn't be treated like a child if she goes out to a party or with her boyfriend. I like Fanny and Leon together. He seems like a responsible, honorable guy who will hopefully stick around and not be too turned off by her and her family's behavior.
 

Thank you, Marta, for the recap. I taught last night, so I missed the episode.

I agree with you, Tofie; shame on the teacher who condoned the bullying. In the real world, Nando might attempt suicide after receiving such cruel treatment from his peers. This plot point sickens me, and I hope it reverses soon.
 

Good episode, except for the idiotic Bruno stuttering and Ana's domestic violence (on the poor bread dough). They could have been funny if they didn't overact so much. Also, her "yo abro" shriek and run to the door is getting really old.
 

Thanks, Marta for the great recap, especially for translating the confrontation scene.

Poor Alicia. Seriously. She's already feeling ugly duckish. Then she starts breaking out and THEN she gets braces. I didn't see the ep yet, so I'm assuming they're the metal kind. Wasn't she a candidate for Invisalign?

Looks like the kitchen is going to be the place were Ana and Fer have their heart-to-hearts in this TN.

My theory is that Nando was very close to his mother and that her death has hit him the hardest. At least Luz has gotten her voice back and is bonding with Ana.

Diana: Sandra Bullock asked Mae Whitman how she brought on the tears in a heartbreaking scene from Hope Floats and this 10 year old (at the time) said that she thought about the people who died on the Titanic. What an actor!

Nanette
 

Thanks, Marta. Thanks especially for the transcription of the riveting exchange between Fanny and Fernando, and I also loved "Kiss. (or should I say… HISSSSSS)".

I am irate that the teacher saw the bullying and did nothing about it. That sucks. Nando should consider a fresh start at a different school. Maybe there's something to be said for addressing a problem head-on, but I think there are also times when anything you do might just make it worse. That school is a toxic environment. I think Nando should get the hell out and find a new place where people might appreciate him. It's not like he's the only nerd around. He just needs to find his tribe.

Super adorable how Luz thinks León is the Lion King and came from Africa.

The portrayal of the twins bugs me. I hate how they are always in matching clothes, like they are interchangeable and not individual people. I was also noticing their weird bed setup last night. Why are their beds on a linked platform, really high, with stairs? If they roll out of bed on the wrong side they are going to get hurt!

I did like how Ana responded to their faking sick, telling them the doctor would probably have to give them injections and suppositories.

Like Johnny's Nanny Products Salesman disguise, but still don't like Johnny himself. I wish Ana would definitively break up with him already.

 

Who is Cecilia? Is that a new character?
 

I'm pretty sure "Cecilia" is actually named Alicia. Sometimes they call her Lichita, a common nickname for Alicia.
 

Sorry, yes, that was my bad. i thought her name was Cecilia but she introduced herself to Leon as Alicia... so i will update the recap now.

 

Thanks Marta, I can't believe the great detailed conversation you gave us. If I did that, I would still be working on it, lol.

I thought the argument that Fernando and Fanny had was very productive. And very unusual for a TN. Neither would let the other put words in their mouths that they didn't say. Fernando insisted that he was mad that she disobeyed the rules, not that her boyfriend was a simple messenger, and she made it very clear that dad has been ignoring his children and working too much. I'm in dad's camp that kids should have a curfew and must stick to the rules if they are going to be living at home, and Fanny was completely correct in calling out dad on his lack of attention. But his private life is not her concern, so she should butt out there.

Julia, I agree with you about how they portray twins on TV, like they are one person.
 

I don't completely agree that Fernando's private life is not Fanny's concern. To a certain extent, yes, but it's not like every part of his private life is going to stay private. If he has a novia and is going to spend time with her, or if she's going to be visiting their home, that affects Fanny and her siblings. She may not have the right to demand that he not see Isabeast, but she certainly has the right to let him know how she feels about it and how it affects the family. If the kids and the girlfriend/potential stepmom are going to have a lot of conflict, he may as well be informed of that early on.

I also agree that if Fanny is going to live in the house, she needs to follow household rules, but I also think that as an adult she should have different rules than the other kids. Fernando needs to adapt to treating her as an adult and not as one of a horde of children who can all be dealt with generically and systematically.

Maybe one reason Fer still sees Fanny as childish is the way she led the others in tormenting nannies and such. But she has settled down and started to mature now and is acting out less, and Fer should recognize that and encourage her increasing maturity by not persisting in treating her like a child.

Hey, Fer, maybe if you paid your lowly employees a little more they could afford a few more respectable looking outfits. Take it out of Isabeast's Skankwear budget. Or her entire salary, since she prefers "relaxing" to working.
 

I'm pretty sure Fanny does have different rules than the others. The younger children probably can't stay out until 1:00am.

There is nothing wrong with her being able to dislike who her father dates, but she has no business telling him he can't sleep with her if he wants to. That is not Fanny's business.

I wonder what Isabela is cooking up with her mother. Will Carmen Salinas play her mother? The usual plot device is they are poor and need to marry money. But surely Isabela makes enough money to get by on.

 

"Making enough money to get by on" never seems to be enough for a gold-digger. Why work and get by when you can marry rich and laze around in luxury?

I wonder, too, what Bela and her mother are up to. Going to school and working your way up to a high-level executive position seems like a pretty long con. It's a lot of work to do if your goal is to not work, and you're not getting any younger meanwhile. Plus, Bela seemed to have targeted Fernando before she even met him. I wonder what her search criteria were, exactly. There were no rich eligible men who don't have seven children? Was Bela up to similar tricks before she came to this company, or is this a new thing for her? Mysteries.
 

Cathyx: check out the main character page post. I don't want to answer here in case others prefer not to have any clue as to who is playing who and what they're about.
 

The kids, especially Fanny, flat didn't want a nanny to replace their mother in the house and ran off plenty of them. I don't see any incongruities in Fanny or the other children wanting at least a formal introduction to the woman that will replace their mother in the home, in their lives and their fathers bed. Fernando continued to hide Isabela's importance and the rapidly moving courtship (though mostly one way). Fanny's worst nightmare, and assume the other children's too, bore itself out because Isabela feels comfortable enough to answer their fathers phone, inserting herself between them, with no discussion or input whatsoever. I know Isabela over stepped boundaries but Fernando has gone with the flow and if there is a mess it's his to clean up.

 

Count me in on the whole twins as being shown as one entity instead of two little people. My twins were fraternal, but when younger, looked a lot alike and if I didn't dress them alike people would still ask 'are they twins". It was cute and easy to buy matching get-ups when they were toddling along, but as soon as they 3, and especially when they went 1/2 a day to nursery school, the dressing alike was in cease and desist mode. When they hit first grade, they shopped with me and picked out their own shirts and clothes and had a divider in the closet. Friends of their who were twins, some identical use to tell them they wished their parents would stop with the same clothes routine. Most twins, except some VERY close identicals, don't like it that much.

Daisynjay
 

Count me in also as objecting to twins being dressed alike. I don't like the idea of empowering children to confuse others for their amusement.

I think we can make much of Isabel's name:

Isabimbo
Isabeast
Isabitch... etc.

And Fernando really needs an education on what sort of woman she is.
 

Don't know if anyone commented on this yet, but the other day I read on the Interwebs that the little girl who plays young Ana is the daughter of Pablo Montero.

Also I read that Christina Urgel (Patty O'Farrell in La Reina del Sur) was being considered/considering the role of the daughter of Carmen Salinas (Isabela?).
 

Thank you, Marta. What a great, thorough recap!

These kids really do need the undivided attention of their father, who seems to get it but not fully. It makes sense that the older children are now running into problems, though it seems that Fanny (oldest child!) will prevail and poor Nando needs help badly. I am waiting for Ana to rip off those glasses, get him contact lenses, lose the tie and hair gel and generally do some fixing up of this otherwise lovely young man who does not deserve the treatment of his classmates or that Isabela in training, Ximena.

Interesting information, Aleta. I am trying to imagine Cristina Urgel as Isabela. I do think that Mayrin is doing a very good job and should have tried out villainy before now!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder