Wednesday, August 06, 2014

De Que Te Quiero, Te Quiero #150 - Wednesday 8/6

De que no está muerto, no está muerto.
Is anyone surprised that I continue to have cable woes? Now my DVR is freezing and rebooting itself randomly. Thank God it didn't affect my watching and taking notes, but while I was playing back to translate Tad's letter, the picture froze and the box rebooted itself. I took notes tonight, but not a lot. Sorry if there aren't more details. Aaaand  I have another cable guy coming out tomorrow.

Hilda forgot the address so had to come back earlier than expected. The door is locked and Rod is still with Tib. Hilda calls out that she's going to go get someone with the key and Rod slips out.

Andres acts like a petulant child and thinks Diego is just at the funeral to bust moves on Nat. Diego over hears and informs him that he's there for his Aunt, but if he's making Andres uncomfy he'll leave. Nat thinks Andres is the one who should leave.

Hilda realizes something is wrong with Tib and calls for the nurse (? what exactly was that person's position?)

Rod is back at his office and gloats about leaving no witnesses. He fires up his computer and gets a message about there being in interruption in the last process that was trying to run. He calls the secretary and tells her to get the IT Crowd (Have you tried turning it on and off again?)


Tib is alive. I repeat. Tib is alive. And all he can say is IIIIIIIIIIII, OOOOOOOO.

The IT guy explains that the message is common when one does not follow the proper steps for ejecting a hard drive or other device. The secretary reports that no one was in his office but him. Rod gets suspicious and wants to talk to security.

Hilda calls Lala and asks her to have Alonso visit. Something has happened to Tib. Tib is in the background. IIIIIIIIII. OOOOOOOO.

Rod figures out that Diego came to Caprico. Rod monologues about there not being any evidence on his computer.

Rod goes home and interrogates Rosa about Diego's visits and what he and Vicente discuss. Rosa swears nothing is going on. (Ok. maybe I didn't listen very closely.)

Al figures out that Rod must have been the cause of Tib's recent trauma (how is it he's so ridiculously stupid about everything else?) Hilda wants to move. Diego swears to keep Tib safe. No one will be allowed to see Tib.

Vicente is improving, but not enough to really grasp Rod's true nature. Rosa tells him that Tib witnessed the murder of Alberto and why Tib and Hilda left.

Rod calls the nursing home asking for Tib and is told he's not taking calls because he's not dead yet. Rod is not pleased.

Diego visits El and tells him they may have the evidence they need to detain Rod.

Irene and Nat are at the lawyer's office to hear Tad's will. The lawyer gives Irene a letter. We hear Tad's voice as she reads. There are lovely flashbacks of Tad (Perhaps the most wonderful male character I've seen on a TN.)

Morales and El talk about Rod's white collar crimes. They can arrest him for fraud.

Lala and Rosa talk about Tib and Vicente appears dressed and ready to go. He asks Lala to help him.

El thinks after getting the results from the drug analysis of Vicente's meds, Vicente might be more willing to press charges.

Rod notes that Caprico and Eskenda and are recuperating, but he doesn't wasn't to share. He'll be going after Diego and Irene next.

At the lawyers office we learn that Tad has left Nat and Irene each 40%. 20% will go to his foundation and he even thought of Elena. Seriously. Tad is the most thoughtful man. He wants his ashes to be put in a museum. Irene and Natalia discuss this a little but I didn't catch much. They are up for the challenge though.

Vicente visits Tib and wants to know if Rod killed Alberto. Tib spoke slowly enough for me to get it: Sí. Fue. Él. Le. pegó. al. licenciado. con. un. fierro. Se. llevó. el. cuerpo. y. yo...yo...[gime][llora]. (Yes, it was him. He hit the lawyer with a tool. He carried away the body and I...I....[moan][cries].)

Hilda thinks Vicente will give away their location. Lala thinks Vicente is sincere and will not rat out Tib.

Carmen doesn't know how to tell El that she wants to do the hubba hubba, too. Mali suggests that she send him a secret message like he did. Keep up the game.

Nat and Irene are back at the apartment. Elena is touched by Tad's thoughtfulness and agrees to say on when Irene asks her to. Nat is going to stop working with Andres and she and Irene are going to get to work on their project. They discuss Andres' jealousy. There was really no reason for it. Why yes, Nat *is* still going to marry Andres. (I wash my hands of you Nat.)

Vicente asks Hilda to take care of Tib.

Irene wants to hire a wedding organizer. Nat wants a small wedding with just family. Is she going to invite Diego. Yes. Sheesh.

Hilda tells Tib she doesn't trust Vicente. Tib does trust Vicente.

El gets his envelope with Carmen's answer in a  hidden message. He just has to arrange the cards correctly.

Paul the Mushroom Man reads books about how to conquer women. I don't care.

Rosa and Diego are concerned that Vicente has not returned and Rod is due back soon! They have to keep him from finding out. Rod walks in and tells Diego he knows he was at Caprico.

Andres swears he won't get jealous anymore and then acts jealous and douchey with Nat says she's quitting and going back to work with Irene (and that must mean Diego, too.)

Diego tells Rod that yes, he went to Caprico looking for something but couldn't find it(?) I wasn't paying attention. There's talk about Diego coming back to Caprico, but Rod is in charge now and he's not too keen on the idea. They can talk to Vicente. NOOOOOO!!!!

Nat and Andres are still arguing and I continue not caring.

Andres walks off. Whiny thoughtbubbling. Don't care.

El can't figure out his puzzle. He is interrupted by Vicente.

Avances

  • Vicente tells El that Rod killed Alberto.
  • Chases!
  • Gunfire!





Labels:


Comments:
Please let me apologize for all the cable problems. Charter cable just went all digital in April (May?) and I think there are still a lot of kinks to work out.
 

Gracias, Sara! I know the cable situation is frustrating. I hope they're giving you some kind of discount for all the issues, though I know it's not likely. I think you got everything, in spite of your DVR.

The whole Andres-Natalia-Diego mess...ay, yi, yi! Andres turned into a jerk, Natalia is only making the barest effort at pretending she still wants anything to do with him, and suddenly Diego is the soul of kindness and understanding. At the point where Andres was accusing her of being on the verge of dumping him I was so ready for her to just do it already instead of dragging this out.

I was moved that Tad left something for Elena. Total class act to the end, and then some! I know he asked the ladies not to go into mourning, but he also asked them to have his ashes put in a museum, so I would think they'd spend the rest of the day? week? looking into how to do that before they get back to business as usual and getting the clothing line up and running again.
 

"Chases!"

"Gunfire!"

Totally cracked me up!
 

"Paul the Mushroom Man reads books about how to conquer women. I don't care.

Nat and Andres are still arguing and I continue not caring.

Andres walks off. Whiny thoughtbubbling. Don't care."

Love it! Amen Amen. I wanted to hit Natalia last night when she said there was no reason for Andres to be jealous and of course she was going through with the wedding.

Poor Doofus has EVERY reason to be jealous and even though he was acting like a jerk last night, I felt sorry for him.

Thought the best part of the show last night was Carmen's wonderfully lubricious smile as she imagined what she'd like to do with El ("hubba-hubba" covered it nicely, Sara)

Anyway, condolences on your cable woes. Hope the new guy who comes today not only fixes it for all time but is a dead ringer for Eleazar! You deserve some good luck.

Thanks as always for your humor and your ability to come through, no matter what!
 

Amdres' wardrobe is a mess. I can't take him seriously ever. And while I like the guy he has never come off as a serious suitor because of his comical suits. Last night's lemon yellow and chocolate brown ensemble was a mess. If Nat was helping with his new "luke" then Irene may want to rethink hiring Nat.
 

Oh JudyB! The guy that has been fixing the ACs at school is gorgeous! Not a dead ringer for El, but similar. Then he starts talking and the illusion is shattered. :(

Nanette- no matter how long I watch these things I'll never understand the a avances voice over. Hence chases! gunfire!
 

Sara, winner, even with one hand tied behind your back.

"I wash my hands of you Nat."

I hope Andres acts on his instinct and runs, far, far away from Narcissistic Nat or he'll need Alonso's services in perpetuity. She's nuts.

Brigitte - you've been right about your sister all along

Hot Rod - almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

Irene - oh, goody, just in time to make the fall collection

Nat - it is so damn hard being perfect

Tad - wherever you are, believe me, you're in a better place

Vicente - just a few errands and after this the post office and walmart and we'll be done

El - don't worry your pretty little head with that puzzle, call Morales

Tiburcio - how many lives you got anyway

Diego - fool, you can have her

 

Tib lives! Yay!

Sara- Thanks for the snarky recap. I haven't yet watched the episode, but I'm glad to know our two old dudes have lived another day, despite Rod's efforts.
 

Sara, so sorry you are continiuing to have cable issues. Its frustrating enough for the average TV viewer but trying to recap must be truly trying. Thanks for assembling this fantastic recap for us.

"Al figures out that Rod must have been the cause of Tib's recent trauma (how is it he's so ridiculously stupid about everything else?)" was spot on. " There are lovely flashbacks of Tad (Perhaps the most wonderful male character I've seen on a TN.)" echoed my sentiments exactly.

Very relieved Tib has lived to see another day. I mean, hasn't the poor man suffered enough. And (although loathe to admit) was somewhat gratified to see Grumps up and about (and in a nod to Karen's observant comment about his hair reflecting his physical state yesterday) with only a wisp or two of his hair astray.

I can only imagine trying to digest and accept the fact your grandson is a murderer. Part of me thinks I may have been in the same denial Grumps was. But truthfully, I don't think he would have accepted this realization had Rod not tried to kill him. I do give him credit for going to Tib for the truth.

"Hilda realizes something is wrong with Tib and calls for the nurse (? what exactly was that person's position?)". I was perplexed too Sara. Have we seen her before and if she is a nurse, shouldn’t she have been with Tib? I thought it was just the two of them. Color me confused.

I'm with you and Kat in happy Tad left Elena something. "Total class act to the end and then some" indeed Kat.

I can't blame Andres too much for his poor attitude. Like you Judy, I did feel sorry for him. Sometimes she acts like she barely tolerates him, let alone loves him. And I must make a confession. I've never been a fan of men wearing pastel jackets but I have to say I think Andres has carried these colors off well and I liked his yellow jacket (but my favorite was the pink). Apologies...

tofie, your list was hysterical."Tiburcio - how many lives you got anyway" may have been my favorite. Too many to choose from.

I'd like a little El and Carmen time. And a little more Lupita.

Sara, thank you for your excellent recap.

Diana
 

I'm starting not to like Nat. She acts as though she can barely tolerate Andres. The poor guy is afraid to ask if she wants to break up with him because he is so much in love with her and because she makes him feel as though she doesn't care. The one who doesn't care should make the break. She's being a b...h!!

Great recap Sara.
 

Hi, Sara,

Thanks for your efforts despite the technical difficulties you are experiencing. You don't miss a beat even in the face of adversity.

I am disappointed in Nat as many of you are, but I wonder just how much emotional maturity she brings to the table. She grew up in a household where a succession of men stayed for relatively short periods of time, apparently only staying long enough to impregnate her mother (who for her own part was indeed a wonderful mother). The only male role model she had was a celibate priest, who, although a wise and caring man in his own right, certainly couldn't demonstrate to the household how a loving man and a loving woman should interact.

Apparently Andre's relationship with Nat hasn't even progressed to the point of heavy petting, yet she intends to proceed with the wedding? I see a lot of "Not tonight, I have a headache" evenings in this marriage.

At least the cavalry seem to be closing in on Rod, and Mr. T survived inept Rod's latest foray into criminal behavior.

David
 

Sara, I agree with our wonderful tofie, you did a great job despite the cable hassles! You make me laugh every time!!

What a TOTAL relief to see that Mr. T lived. My gosh, that was all I wanted to see and that was enough. Nat was getting on my nerves and I frankly didn't care what was happening to her.

Loved the Tadeo flashbacks; love them.

Fatima
 

David, perhaps you have something and the other male role model, Tad, was also a "celibate priest, who, although a wise and caring man in his own right, certainly couldn't demonstrate to the household how a loving man and a loving woman should interact". Irene took care of that, telling her daughter she lust for another man while married to a man that idolized her.
 

Tiburcio is in a "casa de reposo" which is some type of senior rehabilitation nursing home, but Diego made arrangements for Hilda to be able to stay there with him. That must have been the duty nurse who unlocked his door for Hilda. It is not very difficult to believe that sneaky Rob could get past her and into the room.
 

Anon, thank you!

I incorrectly surmised Hilda and Tib were stashed in an apartment somewhere which is why I've been so confused. We saw a gate but no signage. I'm not sure that this setting is/was the hiding place they needed and deserved.

Thanks for the explanation.

Diana
 

tofie, good point about Tad. I hadn't extended my thinking to include him.

By the way, our twins (they will be 4 on Aug 15) started preschool today at the same school our family's children have attended since 1928. One cried when Mom left them, but now they both want to go back.

David
 

Ah, that is a magical moment, David. Actually I can remember the first time I took my first-born to her first day of nursery school. Not sure how she felt, but I had nervous, enormous butterflies in my stomach for sure. Glad the twins have made a happy transition.
 

Sara: I'm sure even if I could understand the voiceover, I would still prefer your interpretation.

Oh, and the rest of the recap was pretty awesome, too.
 

Re: Tad including Elena in his will. Would we have expected anything less from our wonderful Tad?

I'd like a clarification on the terms that Tad and Irene married. I understood it to be a marriage of deep love and caring but not romantic love. I know that Tad was in love with Irene, but he also knew that she was in love with Alonso. Tad's overhearing that conversation between Irene and Nat was unfortunate, but it wasn't said to his face. Also, when Alonso, who IS the inappropriate one in this triangle made moves on Irene, she shut him down. Tad never told Irene (as far as I can remember) that he was in love with her and wanted more. I feel sorry for Tad for not getting the love from Irene that he wanted and for not taking the chance of wooing her into falling in love with him. Doesn't make Irene the bad guy in this situation. Tragic all around.
 

OK. I don't head for details. I was really hoping Irene would say "te amo" to Tad before he died. Did she and I don't remember?
 

Have a head for details. Sigh.
 

Sara, I think I was waiting for the "te amo" too and I also didn't hear it. Are we reading too much into it? I also don't think Vicente has ever said "disculpame" just a lot of "perdoname"-s...so he's asked for forgiveness without saying he's sorry for what he's done? Am I misinterpreting these things?

And even if Irene wasn't *in* love with Tad, why wouldn't she say "te amo"? It wouldn't be incorrect, would it? Doesn't Carmen say it to the kids?
 

Diana, the lack of security in a lot of TN locations is frustrating! Hospitals, this rest home...I'll give the hotel a pass, since people don't usually expect hotels to keep it a secret that they're staying there. First Diego says "I'll make sure no one gets in here, not even me, unless I can prove I'm Diego." then Vicente and Lala walk in. And how did Lala even know where the place was? Then Rodrigo is able to call and get info on Tiburcio. Maybe Diego never had that talk with the staff after all?

Nanette, I can back you on that, though love was never mentioned between them. "Safety, security, respect." That was Tad's pitch.
 

I was also waiting for a truly meant "te amo" from Irene. Maybe she didn't say it because it wouldn't have been true and she respected Tad too much to lie to him at the end. It was very clear that she had a deep love for him. Her mourning was/is genuine.
 

It would've been false for Irene to "te amo" Tad and Tad would've thought it wasn't sincere, that she was only "te amo'ing" him on his deathbed, and that would've felt worse than her not saying it at all.

I think if he had gone into remission he would've fought Alonso for Irene's affections or told her he was in love with her and intended to fight for her.
 

I thought Tad did make it plain several times Irene was the love of his life? I also think had Irene said she loved him, Tad would think it insincere. They had already discussed the conversation Tad had with Alonso.

I have no problem with Irene marrying Tad for reasons other than romantic love as she pined for Alonso. She did out of respect for Tad rebuff Alonso's repeated advances. What bothered me was her opening the discussion with Nat, Tad's daughter, and trying to equate her love for Alonso and marriage to Tad with Nat's love for Diego and impending marriage to Andres and the resulting unhappiness of not being with the one you loved romantically and lustfully.
 

Tad never put any moves on Irene*/**. Yes, he was in love with her and wanted her and treated Irene very well but he was not romantic with Irene.

I think this France trip would've been the start of him trying to put the moves on Irene.

Irene and Tad had the "If neither one of us is married by 40, let's marry each other" kind of marriage. Natalia is too young for that kind of companionship marriage.

*Had Tad put some moves on Irene, she'd be saying "Alonso who?"

**Tad was right for NOT putting the moves on Irene because her state of mind was (and I think still is) too fragile to handle a serious romantic & sexual relationship. Alonso was probably the first person in 20 years she had a positive sexual relationship with but that doesn't mean it's a sustainable relationship.

Irene should wait 2-3 years before marrying Alonso. It's not like she has to rush before having kids and she could use this waiting time to bond with Natalia as mother and daughter. If after 2-3 years, she and Alonso want to make it a go, so be it. But I suspect there isn't much to Alonso & Irene besides sex and a childhood fantasy.
 

Sara, thanks so much for this great recap. You so embodied the collective frustration concerning certain aspects of this tn (MM, Andres, etc.)

Even in death, Tad remained a great guy.
 

I'm amazed at the number of names we have come up with for the characters that we despise. In our minds they are lustful, fools, idiots created by writers who don't know what they're doing (all the way to the bank)!! Could it possibly be us who are reading too much into everything? Afterall, the world is like a mirror, it gives back to everyone a reflection of his/her own face. A lot of us who are unhappy in our life manage to transfer that unhappiness into fictional characters. We know in advance who is going to end up with who but find it difficult to accept because then we'd have to say that the story had a happy ending. That would suggest that the writers knew what they were doing afterall (all the way to the bank).
 

Anon207, your comments are always thoughtful and very insightful.

I'm glad you are with us here.

Diana
 

"Had Tad put some moves on Irene, she'd be saying 'Alonso who?'"

Thank you, Anon207! That made me giggle :D
 

Was this Mexican episode # 169?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder