Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Mi Corazon es tuyo, # 18, 13 Aug 2014... New pet in the house... and Nando awakes in more ways than one. Even the 'perfect kid' like Leon has secrets

Refrito: Fer thanking Ana for being there in this moment. Ana saying couldn’t be anywhere else but at your side and with him.


Outside in waiting area, IsaSkank returns and Fanny tells her Fer and Ana went in, Isa turns green. Leon arrives to support Fanny, ‘don’t worry, everything will be alright’.

Ana tells Fer to talk to Nando and tell him everything his heart wants to tell him.

My son, my great pride and joy, please forgive me. When you get better, I have many plans for us. We can go camping like when you were little, remember? Remember I taught you to shave for the first time? It turned out all uneven (laughs). We can talk by a bonfire, we can talk about everything we haven’t talked about, you can tell me about your life… and I will tell you about mine. I need for us to talk… time does not come back… we have to make up for all the lost time, the time I wasted… I want to get to know you, what you think, what you feel, I want to hear about your dreams… I need you to get better, I know you will get better. You like the idea of camping? … we can have a great time, dear. You and I alone…. I need you, son…. I love you so much. (Ana grabs his shoulders in support, he leans back on her, crying desperately)

Isa asks Fanny why the nanny went in with the father.

F: Doctor asked if they were Nando’s parents, and my dad said yes… that is why. (Isa leaves confused)

Leon asks Fanny how is Nando doing. She says he hasn’t woken up. He is sorry. She thanks him for coming. She introduces him to her grandpa Nico as her novio. He in turn introduces Jenny, his novia. Leon is shocked… Nico asks ‘why that face? … seriously! She is my girl!’

Fanny and Leon show support to Alicia. Fernando and Ana come out (minus the surgery bunny suits). Fernando and Ana join the family. A few yards away, IsaSkank grunts through her teeth ‘I should have been the one that went in with Fernando! Not that stupid!’

At the house, the small kids are also worried about Nando. Sebastian gets scared about some small animal coming by.. the kids walk toward the animal one behind the other. It is a huron (sp?) Sebastian grabs him. Luz wants to touch him. Sebastian says probably a neighbor lost it. We have to be careful we don’t get caught. But surely Bruno caught them right away. Even though the kids hide the pet behind Seba, it makes enough noise and Bruno insists long enough to know ‘something is rotten in Denmark’ LOL!.

Back at hospital, in ladies room (well, one of the ones there is not really a LADY) IsaSkank is confronting Jenny (whom she refers to as ‘mecerita’[little waiter]) and Jenny is too happy to engage… yup, Nico is my guy and we love each other… IsaSkank demands Jenny address her as ‘Miss’. Jenny happily replies ‘if you are a Miss, I am the Novels prize in literature’. IsaSkank does not waste breath in correcting her ‘it is Nobel prize, nak-ha… and I will make sure you won’t see a penny of the Lasc fortune’. ‘why? Is it all going to be for you?’ ‘what are you insinuating?’ .. then she called her ‘trepadora’ … IsaSkank brags about having lots of money… I don’t need Fernando’s, my family has CLASS… I have degrees, I have seen places you can’t even pronounce… yada yada… Jen rebuttes ‘no matter how hard you try, you will end up empty-handed, because the nannie will will Don Fer over you, you white-collar ‘trepadora’. It shows easily that Ana is infinitely better than you! ’.(no she didn’t !! yes she did!! IsaSkank slapped Jen!!) … (round 2) ‘did your teachers and doctors teach you this?? Oh my, what a great education, Miss!! (Jen gets closer to IsaSkank in a very confrontational chest-forward way that scares Isa, she uses her purse as shield.. )‘no, I am not going to lower myself, if I slap you I will contaminate myself… ‘ Isa laughs it off, ‘where do you know Ana??... why are you so sure that Ana…’ ‘Nico told me!! And let me repeat it… you will lose, you ranch guerita… you skunk tail’ (Jen leaves on that high note, leaving IsaSkank grunting names for Jen like nak-ha and fifth rate waitress).

Fernando explains to Nico that Doctor said Nando is out of major danger, but cannot tell when Nando will wake up, could be a matter of hours or… days’. Nico introduces Jenn to Fernando… Fernando takes it in stride and shakes her hand contently. Glad to meet you. But don’t call me Mr Lascurain. Call me Fernando. Jen says sorry about your son, will pray for him. She asks Nico to walk away with her. Jen tells Nico she has to leave but call her on cell if he needs her. Jen signals to Ana to come talk to her…

IsaSkank asks Fernando about Nando. He is stable. Doctor says he should awake any moment. IsaSkank says she doesn’t feel good. Fernando gets concerned, but she leaves alone.

Jen and Ana are talking, Jen tells her what she told IsaSkank in ladies room and what she felt like doing to her. Jen tells Ana ‘I slapped Isa ‘with white glove’, so I won’. Ana concerned about anyone finding out Jen is her friend. Jen tells Ana i don't want you to 'te aguites' more than you are (i guess "aguites" means stte of getting more stressed/worried/upset) but gotta tell you that Johny was drinking himself silly. Jen remembers Johny swearing to her that Ana would come back to him.

At the Lasc mansion, the twins are getting stuff in kitchen to feed the new pet (with sunglasses on and plaid pants!!) Bruno is coming so they hide under the piano.

Nico arrives at the house. Bruno asks about Nando. Nico says getting old to go through these ‘sorrows/crises’. Need a drink. Nico asks Bruno to accompany him for a drink. The twins run upstairs.

Upstairs, the twins run in their room, Manuela and Luz are in hallway, Manuela leaves… Luz goes in the twins room. Sebastian is there too, as is the new pet. Seems Luz had the task of entertaining Manuela. Luz says she is a pro at this. Luz says they have to name their new ‘child’. How about ‘Nandito’?? LOL!!

At hospital, Fanny spots the other guys and jumps to confront them, calls them cowards loudly. (as she stood up Leon called for her ‘Fanny!’ but she was already by the other guys who have some hurt limbs and some facial wounds. She asks them what they are doing here. They came to ask about Nando. She tells them Nando is still unconscious (have to say Leon is standing right behind her for support and has an angry grin almost as angry as Fanny) and it is all for your stupid idea of the ‘arrancones’ (drag racing)!! The boys claim Nando is their friend. ‘Yeah right! You spend all your time bullying Nando, but it is the last time you mess with him, you hear me??!’ (Leon adds his own) ‘Fanny and Nando are not alone, ok?’ they keep trying to come up with the usual ‘we did not mean this, it was an accident!… we only left the party because Nando was out of it (not well)’… Fanny says ‘thanks to my friend Ximena (turns to Leon to explain 'ex-friend, by the way’). The boys continue trying to bail out and apologize. Fanny says ‘too little too late, Nando is laying on a bed and we don’t know when he will wake up! What good does your repentance do for Nando?’ Leon asks Fanny to give it up, it is no use. But then Fanny loses it and launches toward the boys… Leon has to pull her back. The boys ask if Nando will be ok. Fanny still angry responds ‘I don’t know but I swear that if something happens to my brother, if he ends up hurt...‘ The voice of reason, Leon, nips this useless argument ‘you better go now!’. The boys ask her to tell Nando they are sorry. The boys leave. Leon embraces Fanny for support. She is clearly still upset.

Ana brings coffee to Fer. She asks about IsaSkank. He says yes she left, she was not feeling well. Fer can tell Ana wants to say something about Isa, but Ana won’t talk because ‘she is your… gal’. Fer looks down a bit uncomfortable … Ana digs… ‘or are you?’ … Fer does not know what ‘we are’ at this time… Ana wants to change subject. Fer tries to explain why he let the Doctor think they are Nando’s parents… Ana says she wanted to see his son, she loves him very much. Fer says he loves him too. With all his heart.

IsaSkank again is back home ranting at her mom, who is turning out to be her anger management cushion… Dear mommy says ‘everything would change if you married Don Fernando’. IsaSkank is not in the mood and mocks ‘if I marry Fer… if I marry Fer… when?? How??’ These two women don’t listen to each other.. IsaSkank tells her to top it off had to deal with Nico’s girl too… you know what? I will go change, I can’t even stand myself! (patio agrees with you B#$#$) .. dear mom asks herself ‘Nicolas has a girl?? I don’t like that one bit… although she is not even close to reaching my heels… hah!’ ('no me llega a los talones' is a popular saying meaning 'she is nothing compared to me (as a catch/prize)')

Bruno and Nico again at the house interacting like bff’s. we hear a bit of Bruno and Nico’s back story… seems Nico saved Bruno’s life somehow… (practically you saved my life… I was in a deep hole… I did not know how to get over my problems… you offered me a roof, a job… a job that… (cries) means everything to me… at least Don Fernando, Ana and you… are my family… everything I have.) Nico is moved.. they embrace.

At hospital, the 2 older girls, Fer and Ana are talking to Nando, who is still unconscious. Fanny is apologizing to Nando for what he suffered with Ximena, '...to think she was my friend. Forgive me because sometimes I don’t understand you and don’t realize the great brother I have'. Ana asks Nando to ‘come back’.
[At the house, the boys are playing with the pet, and at the same time remembering Nando… In kitchen, Manuela is crying ‘Nando’. Bruno and Nico are toasting to Nando. ] (this reminds me of Frank Capra's classic 'It's a wonderful life' when everyone is praying for 'George' in the beginning of the movie)
Fanny asks Nando to wake up. Fernando tells him ‘we love you’. Just by magic Nando wakes up, takes his face mask off and says ‘marry Ana, dad.’ Which seems to bring out a shocked smile in Alicia and Fanny, and a totally frozen shock in Ana (who looks at Fer, all too curious at his reaction) and Fernando.

He is alive and well!! He sees a bit blurry… One of the girls asks Nando why he said that ‘did I say something?’ Ana says yes, but Fer says no.. .so Ana backtsteps.. ‘no…. no, you didn’t.’

Nando is ok. How long have I been here? You had an accident last night. Fanny: in my car. Nando apologizes, Fanny says no sweat. What matters is you are ok. Does it hurt much? ‘only if I laugh’. Fernando puts his oxygen mask on and kisses his head ‘oh dad’. Fer is relieved big time. We see Fer and Ana come out to halway and Fer instinctively says ‘we have to tell the Doctor that OUR son is ok!’ (Ana can’t help but smile). Fer catches himself and apologizes. She says ‘no prob’. He thanks her ‘Ana, thanks! My son is well! Bless the Lord!’ and next thing we see is he embraces her… to IsaSkank’s new indigestion and Johny’s disgust. ‘my God… I was so worried’. Johny backs up behind the wall and says something about he should get something so he would not suffer this darn jealousy. Ana tells Fer ‘see we should never lose the faith?’ Fer is staring at her again… he admits she reminds him of his late wife… when she pulls her hair behind he ear… and also for the love she gives his children. (she looks him with that yearning look).

A few weeks go by...  (i guess the brain swelling took some time to come down, or they were extra cautious)
IsaSkank at home again is ranting to her mom… They talk about Nando leaving the hospital today. Mom tells IsaSkank that she has to learn to ‘win over Fernando’s kids’. IsaSkank rants that she can’t handle children… Mom reminds her that Ana won over the kids first before Fernando.
(I guess following Mom's advice...) We see IsaSkank arrives at the kids study/play room with a bag full of toys… [I wonder if the new pet will fall on her head…] As IsaSkank is telling the kids in her screechy voice tone that she wants to help them prepare a surprise for Nando, the twins climb on the chairs and tell her she has to stay still.. close your eyes. (they draw on her face with markers… and Luz helps out. Alicia and Seba are enjoying the show. IsaSkank has had enough… how cute!’ (she grunts through her teeth that they are vipers (‘roedores’))

Nando arrives home to a lot of home-made decorations and balloons, he loves the surprise. Ana is very proud, while IsaSkank is sporting her new red and black makeup… Luz brings Nando a drawing of him in bed with a thermometer in his mouth…cute! He is loving the attention. Fanny introduces Nando to Leon… Fernando asks IsaSkank what happened to her. ‘you know, the twins’. Ana comes by Fernando ‘thank God he is back home..’ ‘yes, Ana, for a moment I was so afraid I had lost him’. ‘you just have to remember what you promised him’.. ‘don’t worry Ana, I remember well’ 'I was just reminding you' The party begins with music, human dance trains, jumping… Fernando is happily taking it all in as a family moment they have not had in a while. Ana is participating, IsaSkank not so much.

At Chicago, Jen is asking Johny if he implemented his plan… Johny will buy…. (he won’t tell Jen). Jen asks if he thinks with ‘that’ Ana will …. Yeah, like my name is Johny.

At Lascurain mansion library, ana is ready to leave Fer and Nando alone, but Fer signals her not to leave (I think, maybe he needs the emotional support or Ana there to keep his tone in check). Ana whispers to Nando that he won’t be punished… Nando begs her to stay.

F: Nando, thank God this did not become tragic. Fanny’s car was a total loss but that is just material things. What is important is that you are alive. Surely you know that the number one death cause in teens your age is traffic accidents. And you mixed two things: alcohol and carelessness(imprudencia). I know you were not driving but you were wasted and you let your wasted friend drive.

N: it was not my friend, dad.

F: Then?

N: there is a whole story.

A: that has to do with ‘la Ximena’.

F: your girl?

A: No, not his girl! She is a gal who wanted to take advantage of him … and (whispers to Fer) ‘deceived him!’

N: That is why I was drinking, dad. You know I never drink.

F: I don’t really… know. (sadly admitting he doesn't really know Nando well enough to know that)

N: I don’t even go to parties, dad. It was precisely because… I was going with Ximena. She is the girl I… loved.

A: What #$#$ does she deserve of your love…. Sorry, me and my big mouth.

F: In an instant you can lose everything… and blessed be your mother… thanks to her you are here to tell about it. Don’t ever forget it. You are an exception. You are a miracle. You are a great person, a great son. I want you to know that you and your siblings are the motor of my life.

N: Yeah, dad, but… its just… the girls…

F: (gets really soft toned, approaches Nando and bends his knees to be very close face to face) Don’t worry about that. You will soon find one who loves you, respects you, for what you are… Don’t .. what is it they say?... ‘no te aguites(sp?), no te aguites!’(Ana laughs). What’s important is that you value your life, and all you have… a family who loves you..

A: And a nanny who adores you.

F: Your smarts, your kindness, son, please don’t waste them with bad decisions.

N: No… I promise I won’t.

F: I believe you… can I embrace you?

N: I love you. (te quiero)

F: I love you. (te amo!)

Fernando sneezes and we see the new pet in the foozball table (is he allergic to pet hair?)

Ana kisses Nando on cheek.. Nando is very happy, Fer looks on very content.

Again IsaSkank is nagging with her mom. (how old is this woman?? 5??) Now it is about what the kids did to her face and arms… She has paid so much for her treatments… Mom is totally ignoring her ‘paint comes off, but not bankruptcy, Isabella!’ Mom thinks they are out of money. IsaSkank makes the mistake of saying they have a little left.

Leon brings Fanny somewhere… some punk girl approaches them and greets Leon in a somewhat familiar way... Fanny seems to get a little jolt of jealousy... but takes it in stride... Leon has brought Fanny to meet... his mom. Fanny is surprised but happily follows him.

Ximena visits Nando, she is crying very upset. She apologizes. She holds his hands. He says don’t worry about it. She says she should not have treated him like she did. She has not stopped thinking about him since the accident. He takes his hands off… She says she realized he is very valuable. ‘when did you realize it? When you told me the truth in front of everyone??' (he said something else i could not get) She insists she has thought about it long and hard, and wants to apologize. She kisses him on the lips but he is frozen, obviously not engaging on it.

Fanny tells Leon’s mom she recognizes her from somewhere… Leon’s mom tells her she has a quesadillas vending booth at the university. Leon asks Fanny 'aren't they the best??'. Fanny confirms they are. Glad to meet you. Mom congratulates Leon on his taste. She tells Fanny she prepared something delicious for the occasion (gets Fanny to confirm she likes mole). Call me Margarita please. Leon will set the table. Fanny is enjoying the attention. She pulls him back and tells him now she realizes where he got his kindness from. He kisses her.. she is not inhibited at all until Margarita shrieks in embarrassment and suddenly Fanny’s modesty kicks up several notches. Marg reminds Leon about the table. Cute playing around…

Leon sets the table while Fanny gathers her ‘modesty’ back.

Back to Nando and Ximena… he says he dreamed for years with this kiss… but the strange thing is he did not feel anything now… know why? … you are not the girl I thought. You are manipulative, you are shallow, interested… (he is crying)… Xime… we better not see each other again… please leave… I wish you happiness… don’t worry, you will find another idiot to do your work… (she is upset) … leave, please. (you go Nando! I know it hurts now but you are better than her in a million ways!!) She stays there upset standing looking at him but he is looking the other way, remembering her reaction at the party when he confessed his love to her.

Fanny is thanking Margarita for everything. Leon will catch up with her. Margarita asks Leon if he has ‘told her about it’… Nope.. (AWWWW it was too good to be true… secrets are bad news)… besides, how long do you think the fantasy will last?? We are poor… Fanny is not for you. Love will last a month and then you will crash with reality! ‘ ‘the only reality is that I love her! And she loves me!.. here is some for your expenses’ (hands her about 1000 pesos). She is very worried both Leon and Fanny will suffer very much. (Fanny has watched from yards away and can tell Marg and Leon are upset or arguing, so when Leon catches up to her she asks about it. Leon denies anything wrong. You know, she thinks we are not going to last. Fanny asks Leon what he thinks. Leon says don’t know, sometimes I worry that I can’t offer you much and you… Fanny says all she knows is she is happy with him (and jumps into his arms), he is glad. (why do I suddenly notice that this kid looks a lot like Diego, Pablo Montero’s character?)

The punk girl starts yelling for a ‘Pancho’ to tell him something is happening with the ‘burra’. Fanny asks if they have a burra (mule?) as pet? Leon explains the ‘burra’ is a truck. They smile.

At mansion, Ana is with the girls in their room, seems she heard noises… or maybe she needs sleep. She starts kissing the girls good nite and suddenly hears the noise again. ‘Nandito’ is in the girls room. The girls ask ‘where is Nandito?’ ‘maybe he escaped!’ Nandito is under the rug in Fernando’s room… gets in his bed?? Fernando is getting in bed with his pj’s to read abook… (YUM!!!) and starts sneezing… suddenly he hears the noise and sees a bump move under his covers… stands up quick, pulls up the covers and finds Nandito, jumps scared. Fernando starts yelling for BRUNO!!! BRUNO!!! Ana was in hallway and comes in and starts yelling also when she sees 'Nandito' on Fernando's bed.. She climbs on the chair.. She yells at him to catch it! (LOL!) He yells at her to get it out!! Ana seems to say she will get it...  Nandito gets under Fernando’s bed, Ana is crawling all over to try to catch him and somehow Fernando and Ana end up again very close face to face, almost touching noses/lips.

Previews: two parallel declarations and proposals: some romantic spot with Fer and Isa, and the stage at Chicago with Johny and Ana.  (come on, Johny, if she had told you she doesn't love you, you think proposing in public at the cloob will help??)

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you for your excellent and quick recap, Marta.

This is turning into a slap happy novela with Isabela slapping Jennifer tonight. Bery funny.

I was happy Nando gave Ximena the old heave ho and that Fanny stood up for her brother when the lowlife guys from the party came by the hospital to apologize.

The whole ferret adventure, with a sneezing Fernando who was just as freaked out by the ferret as Ana was, was my favorite scene. Of course it had to end with them in the perfect position for a kiss.

Jarifa
 

Thank you very much, Marta! I taught last night, so I will have to view this capitulo later.

Regarding the hair straightener Jen used on Ana's hair, it must be 'magic' because it takes super-long wavy hair and transforms it to moderately longish (but significantly shorter) straight hair. Or perhaps we just have to blissfully suspend our disbelief in the same way we accept Nando's miraculous recovery. Didn't he progress from drunken car wreck to coma to partying at home within about 24 hours?

Who writes these things? What a fun job to have!
 

Thanks Marta. So glad to read Nando is ok, but the best was reading him telling Ximena off. Good riddance.

I don't think Leon's family issue could be that bad. I'm sure it's something they think is insurmountable, but really isn't. The fact that he brought Fanny to his family home shows he's not hiding his real self from her. We're they really making a Familia con Suerte joke? Will we see Pancho and la Burra again?
 

Wonderful Marta, and thanks for that full dialog from the hospital scene.

One thing I continue to love about this group is how tight and supportive the kids are with each other. Almost all TN's seem to love to have one or the other of a sibling clan be evil or uncaring. Even in comedies. So refreshing to watch Fanny not afraid to get in someone's face over her brother.

And bless Nando, as much as it hurt, he realized his fantasy was just that, a fantasy and the real Ximena didn't do a thing for him. Brava! Again, no more mooning over the wrong girl. But I'm wondering, just maybe, we see a change at school? He won't be bullied anymore? This may have woken up more than just Nando. Looking forward to how this plays out.

What I'm not looking forward to are two things:
1.) Ok writers--I don't think you need to knock us over the head with the fact that the Skank "doesn't feel good". Have to say that's an improvement over the traditional "she faints" we usually get, but who wants to put money down that The Skank is preggers? Hmmmm?

2.) Anything to do with Johny. Seriously make this guy go away. If Fer winds up locked to the Skank for most of this TN, then bring in someone else for a secondary interest for Fanny....and fast. She deserves way better than that sorry excuse.

Not quite getting the big "secret" with Leon. The family doesn't have wealth, but they live simply and that place was nice his mom had. So maybe it's he is a child out of wedlock (oh the horror--c'mon, 21st century here. Better not go there).

Vivi--Pancho?? Oh my.....but then it seems a requisite lately for our comedies.

Daisynjay
 

Sorry, meant a secondary interest for Ana. (Lisardo is in the credits--I'd take his smarminess or that curiously, sometimes evil smile he can throw out anyday.)

Daisynjay
 

Gracias, Marta.

The little cutie pie is a ferret and they're very popular among medieval reenactors. There are only two things wrong with them as pets:

-- They can easily burrow into places hard to retrieve them from
-- They don't live long enough (7-10 years on average).

Of course, one can also be allergic to them. I'm sure the kids will find out that this little guy belongs to a neighbor.

Love what the twins did to Isabitch. I'd like it even better if she can't go in to work for a day or two until she can wash it off.

Leon's family secret can't be all that bad.

Nando just learned something but he's better off.
 

DaisynJay,
i could not agree more in that Johny just needs to go away and Lisardo to come in the picture. And be a good enough alternative for Ana... like a guy in same company as Fer with as good a 'package'. even though we know Ana's heart has already been 'spoken for'.
I was a bit scared about you wanting another alternate for Fanny. I don't think we will see that, it might be more like Leon will have a girl try to latch to him, we do see a young girl in the credits, maybe that will be the case.
 

Marta, I missed most of this so thank you for your detail and excellent conversation translations. Terrific recap.

"no she didn’t !! yes she did!! IsaSkank slapped Jen!!)"; "IsaSkank again is back home ranting at her mom, who is turning out to be her anger management cushion" and "next thing we see is he embraces her… to IsaSkank’s new indigestion and Johny’s disgust" were among my favorites.

Along with Jarifa, I liked the fact Fanny (with the stalwart Leon) stood up to those loathsome guys. I did think they honestly felt badly but that in no way excuses their cruel taunting/bullying and their culpability in the accident.

"Or perhaps we just have to blissfully suspend our disbelief in the same way we accept Nando's miraculous recovery. Didn't he progress from drunken car wreck to coma to partying at home within about 24 hours?". Exactly! from comatose to verbose...well said Ecuador Bound.

Vivi and Daisy, I'm cheering Nando's dismissal of Ximena. But, I can't help but wonder, will this be another "Rocky" from Guapos? He was dissed and dismissed early on (Altair Jarabo, can't remember her character's name) but then...:)

And I agree the scene with Fernando and the ferret was awesome. I am loving Jorge in this role...

I'm also wondering what Leon's secret is!

Thanks again Marta!

Diana
 

Jorge Salinas has been such a pleasant surprise in this role which is age appropriate. Love the look; love the voice. The only other thing I had seen him in was "Que bonito amor" which I bailed on. He seemed too old for the part he played in that goofy tale.

Jarifa.
 

Jarifa, he (along with Yanez and Montero) was miscast (in terms of age) in Fuego en la Sangra too.

That said, no one baked bread better. Sigh...

They also swam quite a bit and took long showers.

All was forgiven :)

Diana
 

they did say in the screen 'several weeks later' when Nando arrived home (first we see IsaSkank and mom scene)

and about Leon's secret... the more I think about it the more i am afraid this secret has something to do specifically with the Lascurain family... maybe that is why i had bugs in my stomach that Leon was related to Diego.
 

Loved all of it Martaivett

For me most of last night was great but the ferret thingie and while I want Fernando and Ana millimeters away from each other what a silly way to get them there.

Nando - a near death experience does wonders for the spine

Ximena - so you probably wouldn't do this book report for me, it's Harry Potter

Margarita - rain on my parade

Yolanda - from what cesspool did you emerge

Juan - guess the same cesspool Yolanda slithered out of

Leon - my gf is a superhero

Fanny - heaven help the fool that gets on your bad side

Ana - I'm not Estefanía, my name is Ana, Estefanía left you, a year ago

Isabela - doubt the cosmetic counter at the mall can recreate that look

Fernando - gonna just get this out there. you're an idiot, good looking, but an idiot

Jennifer - just give her a wedgie next time

 

wow, tofie! loved your nando and Fernando lines for today... have to remember those. I for one am glad Jennifer did not just roll her sleeves and go down to the IsaSkank way of resolving sticky situations... 'wanna have a word match? bring it on!!' love it!
 

jarifa, ITA on:
Jorge Salinas has been such a pleasant surprise in this role which is age appropriate. Love the look; love the voice. let me add:
love the smile and body language,
love the sensitivity/ vulnerability when it comes to his kids (most of them, at least)... wish he had the same with Ana.
 

everyone, i am sorry i wrote such a long 'recap' but i could not skip any of the emotional scenes:
hosp Jennifer/IsaSkank word match
hosp Fanny/Leon/boys (ITA with tofie, dont want her to be my enemy, that's for sure)
hospital Ana/Fer/kids with Nando;
house Nico/Bruno
house Fernando/Nando/Ana
house Nando/Ximena

 

Marta thanks for your recap and don't apologize for being so thorough. I know I am not alone in loving your dialogues.

I so agree w/Daisynjay about Johnny. Go away. How many ways must Ana dump your sorry behind before you get the picture? Looking forward Lisardo to hopefully replace Johnny, who is a loser and no prize.

Has Lisardo ever played a good guy? I think I've only seen him as a baddie but though he might have been a nice guy/side kick in a tn.

Thanks for your list tofie.

 

Marta, don't apologize. You provide the perfect recap for me since I am trying to learn Spanish without captions. I especially appreciate the dialogue.

Tofie, I look forward to your lists every day.
 

Others here have mentioned a resemblance between Ana and deceased Estefania. Is Fer mentioning that Ana reminds him of Estefania a clue that perhaps there is some blood relationship between Ana and his dead wife?
 

Marta: Thanks for the great recap, especially the dialogues.

I'm thinking they might do an Ana/Diego hookup
 

I think Ana and Estefania do resemble each other (hadn't thought about a familial connection Vivi) but it kinda makes me cringe when Fernando makes the comparisons. Get they are intended, and for now taken, as a complement but Ana deserves to be Ana - take me for me or toss me.
 

Has anyone noticed that the lower level at Lascurain mansion is white and the rooms upstairs are painted in colors (some brighter than others but colors!)..
i also noticed that Margarita's house (Leon's) has bright colors all over... kind of like the Menchaca's place in QPTR... it has always struck me that when the house you grew up in is colorful, it draws self-confidence and creativity.
 

possible blood relations:
Ana and Estefania...
Leon and Diego or some Lascurain...
i for one don't want any of these, even though the 'secret' is giving me a headache.
 

Thanks, Marta!

I'm glad the surgeons managed to install a spine while Nando was there. I love that he's over Ximena now and that he told her why. I think she might be redeemed, but she has a lot of work to do.

Loved Fan reading the riot act to those tools in the hospital, and Leon backing her up, too.

Also liked that Jen refused to stoop to Isa's level, and that everyone else was nice to Jen.

Hmmm...what could Leon's secret be? He's a caped superhero at night? He's a wizard? He has a terminal illness? He lost his family jewels in an accident but decided NOT to become an evil despot over it? He is secretly a wealthy royal but poses as a poor student because he wants people to love him for who he is and not his money? He once killed a man in Reno just to watch him die? He had a sex change? He has a child with a former girlfriend? He doesn't floss?
 

oh, Julia. Has to be he can't go back to Reno
 

Julia,
let me have some fun with your list...
what could Leon's secret be?
He's a caped superhero at night? (yeah, that could fit, but where are his glasses? he needs Nando's disguise look)
He's a wizard? (hmm! interesting one!)
He has a terminal illness? (say it ain't so!)
He lost his family jewels in an accident but decided NOT to become an evil despot over it?
He is secretly a wealthy royal but poses as a poor student because he wants people to love him for who he is and not his money? (he is a prince but escaped to find his princess... good one! we have seen that twice in movies 'the prince and me' and 'Coming to America')
He once killed a man in Reno just to watch him die? (does not look to me like this psycho pervert guy)
He had a sex change? (too much the knight in shining armour for this one)
He has a child with a former girlfriend? (no former girlfriend would be crazy enough to let him go)
He doesn't floss? (LOL!! my favorite!! but this he might keep secret from even his mom, and she knows the secret)
I was thinking more of the 'he is Diego's son, Diego doesn't even know... and mom died at childbirth, Margarita is grandma... is she too young?)

 

Hmm. I suppose he could be Diego's son. The fish-harassing girlfriend of Diego's has complained that is is kind of a macho jerk, so it's not too big a stretch to believe he could have loved and left Leon's mother and she decided not to tell him he was a papa. Of course, we don't want Leon and Fanny to be cousins, so Diego and Fernando could turn out to have different fathers...or one was adopted or something.

Or maybe Leon has to wear a colostomy bag, and he's worried that Fan might find it offputting and that is part of the reason he's taking it slow on the "y así" front.
 

Oh, please, I hope the writers don't let that happen. Although I think that Fanny and Leon are too young to make a decision about whom they will marry let them not be related.

I see Lisardo as more of an accomplice to Isabitch. In the opening credits he looks like a 2nd Frankenstein monster.
 

Maybe Leon dances in the evenings at the second-most-seedy local club, Wichita. (Just kidding...if saintly Leon danced in a strip club, surely it would be called Los Angeles).
 

I think the least villain-like i have seen Lisardo in is in Amores Verdaderos where he played that artist that comes and goes... not quite a hero but not quite a villain either.
 

yeah i would not like the blood relationship either...
Maybe the relationship is further out... like Leon is related but via some sibling or earlier relationship of Nicolas or stte.
 

that might explain the resemblance without making them first cousins.
 

Julia, LOL!!! about Leon being a secret dancer by night...
... at the second-most-seedy local club, Wichita. (Just kidding...if saintly Leon danced in a strip club, surely it would be called Los Angeles). LOL!!!


 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Maybe Leon is really Yolanda's son from an earlier relationship...resemblance to Diego completely coincidental...and she put him up for adoption because she didn't see as much potential in getting a son to marry for money and support her...and she thought he would be in the way of her trying to snag Nicolas.
 

I love such detailed recaps--thanks for all the work!

I suppose that given the length of this TN and the fact that Fernando and the villainess have already had sex we have to resign ourselves to a long period of hero and heroine being separated. So I agree, Ana needs a seriously attractive love interest to rival Fernando. I want it to be his brother--a bad boy with potential rather than an out-and-out bad guy. And while I think the character of Johnny has worked fine up to this point, his time in Ana's life is over--now that she's dumped him it's time for her to move on. Fernando needs a rival who's not comic relief.
 

Ana crushing on Fernando is a dead end, evidenced by his ongoing passive/aggressive relationship with Isabela. Ana should move on but I really don't want her with another macho, arrogant big head as it appears Diego to be. She is changing and though not quite ready for prime time, why not a respectful, professional hunk.
 

I agree-if Fer is going to continue to let Isa cling to him and Ana is going to try to move on and date someone else or more someones, I would like those to be new someones rather than her pathetically going back multiple times to the same guy she already knows she doesn't want to be with, the way SO MANY telenovela characters do.

I lose respect for them when they keep going back to whatever pesky whiner keeps pursuing them. Whereas I would understand if Ana decided to give someone new a chance, thinking maybe she could end up loving him as much as Fer.
 

Martaivett:

Thanks for the translations of the slang and most importantly the slang slung as INSULTS! Yeah!!! There was definitely some fabulous trashmouth goin' on here between Jen and the skank.

Loved the nod to Capra and It's A Wonderful Life. ITA! Also I enjoyed "while Fanny gathers her ‘modesty’ back."

Do we have a fake pregnancy alert by Skank-ela?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder