Wednesday, August 13, 2014

De Que Te Quiero, Te Quiero #155 - Wednesday 8/13

De que todo es cuestión de Lupita, todo cuestión Lupita

Hola amigas/os.  I thought this was going to be another grumpy Karen installment but by God’s grace I had a Lupita heavy episode.  I recapped a bit of the two dunces who kidnaped Diego in spite of my  poor nerves (think Jane Austen’s Mrs. Bennet) but later pulled out my recapper privilege card.  But I promise I included the important stuff.  Thanks so much Sara for this important option.

Rod manages to escape his latest conquest and almost – unfortunately almost–  gets caught by the police.

Diego momentarily escapes this trying plot by being nice to the dog.  When his male captor goes to see why the dog is barking so much, Diego threatens to take out the dog (if this were Rod, the dog would be doomed regardless, but since its Diego we know nothing will happen to the dog and Diego probably won’t be successful in his escape).  When Diego tries to look for his keys, the female captor scared him w/her cane.  Once he knows it’s a cane, she hits him on the head w/it and he’s knocked out.

Al thinks Diego got lucky since he’s not at home.  And the writers want me to like him for Irene.  While I agree that Karina was a dunce for getting in this situation, Al making light of her concerns, she has to be on bed rest to ensure the child is born, as well as telling Irene we are so distance got my goat.  Look buddy, if you wanted me to believe distance, you would have gone the test tube/fertilization route with Karina.  And what kind of clown are you that you don’t realize having a child with her ties her to you forever (unless the writers decide she’s useless and kill her)?  Perhaps if he only talks about what he knows and Big Al’s murder, I ignore him until the finale but I know the writers will fail me here.

Brigette pretends to be the worst spy ever, she’s wearing a fuchsia top and high heels as she hides badly in some foliage.  She’s looking for Rod and a million pesos.

Andres goes to Irene’s to let Nat know he saw Diego kissing an old woman.  I agree with Sara, that woman isn’t old!  When she tells him, its Rod, he says she’s defending Diego because Rod would not be hanging out in bars.  Oh Andres, you are not being helpful even if this was Diego and you are just looking desperate.  Stop it and realize Rod is a gigolo.

Rod finds out her latest robbery was for nothing; the jewelry is fake.  Hehehehe.

Nat tells Irene why Andres came by and confesses she is profoundly in love with Diego.  Irene is happy (about this and her breakup with Andres) but Simona is still alive and Diego’s new novio.  I’m really hoping tofie is wrong and the writers would gun her (Simona) down.  And ITA w/Anon207, Simona and Big Al would have been a great couple!

Oh heaven help me. we are back with these kidnaping fools.  Diego tries to tell them again he’s not Rod.  Diego is too nice for this but when they turn him in, I’d press charges and give them some jail time as well. 

Simona can’t get hold of Diego and is worried.

Hurray, its Paolo!  He’s running out to be with Mara, Abdul and Mali to Xochimilco, a hot spot on tns (the characters from Que Pobres are going there) and in real life.  Why don’t the writers let us go with them instead of banal kidnaping plots?!!  He remains a great character, he invites his mom to go with them, what a sweetie!  And then Paul (MM) arrives.  I feel like Arturo (from Teresa) when Marino shows up at the former’s wedding reception and Arturo says to him otra vez tu?

MM has actually found a job for Brat but she’s not there and Carmen doesn’t think she’s interested.  We know she’s right as Brat want easy money.  Carmen invites MM for lunch and Lupita comes to the table with her camera.  I can’t wait to see what the smartest character in this tn does!  She is taking selfies with Paul.  She gets Carmen and Paul to do a group photo as well and then takes several pics with Carmen and MM.  She’s the best!  Poor El.

We are subjected to more ridiculousness with the kidnapers.  They feed Diego lunch and the female captor uses a knife on the tap on Diego’s mouth.  It was supposed to be menacing or funny; it was neither.

Rod sees Brat trying to stalk him.  Since she’s inept, she gets caught.  Rod threatens to kill her.  See Brat, it would have been so much safer, as in increased life expectancy and not endangering your entire family, if you had just looked for a real job.

Hottie hospital guy, Oscar calls Karina but she thinks he’s a telemarketer.

Diego makes up a story about his life in crime to entertain his captors.  Ok, instead of me being mean and behaving badly, I’m pulling the recapper privilege card.  If something happens that moves the plot forward, I’ll let you all know.  By the end of the episode, the two inept kidnapers think they should ask for more money because Diego told such tall tales.  But let’s turn to some real fun...

Our wonderful Lupita is being so nice to Paul and the poor sod has no idea he’s being set up.  She tells him her mom is a great cook and he should come by any time to eat.  With this and the photos, I really feel badly for El as we all know Lupita is the craftiest person on this show.  She even gets him to tell her how to say thank you in French.  Carmen is on to Lupita and asks why she is being nice to Paul.  Lupita puts on her game face and says she likes him.  When Carmen tries to push her, you didn’t like him before, Lupita just smiles and says well now I do.  She’s brilliant!  I know tns don’t usually do sequels but this character and actress deserve a well written spin off!  Carmen has a meeting to go to and Lupita claims she’s tried and going to watch cartoons, ha.  As Carmen leaves, she rubs her hands like the evil genius she is and says, now you’ll see El.  I’m loving this.

El is chatting with his mom, Luz, about Padre Juancho.  While Luz is in the kitchen, our master strategist, sends El those photos.  El immediately leaves his mom and goes to the Garcia’s apt.  He asks Lupita what she is doing to him and she says, see what you’ve lost.  Pro tip (Kat’s trademark) writers – if you would focus on this and not stupid stuff (most of little Al and the kidnaping plot) you’d have a happier audience.  He tries to say it was out of my control and she asks why he gave up so easily.  He attempts to turn the tables on her and tells her the photos prove why he has given up on Carmen.  But then asks where Carmen is.  Lupita asks him why does he care where her mom is?  She fibs and tells him he’s out with Paul.  He tells her have fun with her new dad and she says merci.  He leaves in a huff and she laughs that she’s got him because she knows him so well.    This was truly the best sequence I’ve recapped in a long time!

And then we go to the worst (yes, I’m exaggerating).  Little Al tries to call Diego and doesn’t get an answer.  He then starts to wonder if what Tad told him was true; Tad was a diversion for Irene and little Al is her true love.  He calls Irene but she’s not at home and leaves a message with Helena. 

Rebecca, Al’s secretary, tends to Karina, who gets another call from Oscar.  Thankfully this time he is able to tell her he is not a telemarketer.  He wants to know how she is.  He apologizes for breaching all types of rules to get her number but poor Karina is so needy, she’s happy someone cares about her.  He asks to call again and she says yes.

Rod looks like he’s about to kill Brat and their unborn child.  He realizes she was following him to get the reward money and doesn’t believe any of the lies she’s spouting.  It looks like this could be the end for Brat, though I seriously doubt it.  She’s been horrible but to be strangled to death by your psycho baby daddy is not a good ending.  He stops short of killing her but now she has to help him which puts her entire family in peril.  Idiota, for this she deserves a bad ending.  We are talking about Lupita safety, writers and this is no joking matter.  In addition to Lupita, Paolo, Mara, Abdul, Mari, Carmen and possibly Nat, who would be at the top of Brat’s list to convenient die, would be endanger.

El is having lunch with Luz and tells her about Carmen.  Luz thinks Lupita has been left alone just so Carmen can have lunch w/MM and she’s vexed.  She also doesn’t understand how Carmen could be in love with El one day and MM the next.  El tries to stop her before she goes to talk to Carmen.

At the Garcia’s, Luz chastises Lupita for sending El those pictures.  Meanwhile psycho Rod forces Brat to rob her family.  She has two minutes and if she doesn’t come out quickly, he will come in shooting.  If any harm comes to Lupita, I’m done.  Seriously.  Lupita explains her great plan to Luz.  Brat enters and acts rude to Luz and Lupita.  No surprise there.  She grabs her watch and yells at Luz and Carmen as she leaves.  Perhaps Brat’s tears are real remorse but again, I’m doubtful.  Luz, Carmen, and Lupita discuss the horribleness that is Brat.  Carmen leaves to get receipts leaving Luz and Lupita together.  Lupita delineates her plan and Luz chuckles at how bad Lupita is!  Lupita then puts on the perfect face and asks Luz to help her.  Score!

Luz returns to her apt and tells El about Paul (according to Lupita’s plan).

Rod returns to the pawn shop and gets enough for his passport with Brat’s watch.

Irene and Nat return home after looking at the current fashion in shops.  Helena lets Irene that little Al called.  Irene doesn’t want to call and Nat encourages her to call.  Irene says that she’s still processing Tad and I want to hope she keeps processing until the end of this tn.  Nat thought bubbles about how she wants Diego to call her but also thinks that it might have been Diego at the bar.

El goes by little Al to ask for advice.  El shows Al the pics and even he recognizes Lupita’s evil genius (he calls her a demon with a smile of course).

Rod gives the money to the passport forgery guy.

Little Al tells El he’s been played by Lupita.  El wants to believe this is not true but alas it is.  Al does tell him that Lupita loves him very much and wants him with her mom.  The best thing he’s said all night.

Carmen tries to talk sense to Brat.  She almost hits her but I think Brat is just guaranteeing her possible death at the end of this tn.  Bad talking your mother almost always ensures one not surviving or ending very badly in tns.

Previews – Nat and Simona look like they are having some type of face off but good girl style so they’ll just start at one another.  Diego is about to ream Nat out for the story about him kissing another and she stops him cold by telling him Andres is her ex and she’s dying for him (Diego).

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks Karen for your take on the episode. I haven't seen it yet but looking forward to seeing some of the things you mentioned. the recap.
Even though I'm not a big Lupita fan, I have to admit the writers have made her pretty clever albeit at the expense of the grown-ups.
Like I said, I haven't seen the episode yet so I don't understand this phrase in reference to Irene. "I’m really hoping tofie is wrong and the writers would gun her down." Do you mean gun her down as in murder her? I sure hope not. Or maybe when I see the episode I'll better understand your reasoning. Anyway, thanks again.
 

Thanks for your comment Anon@12:13 am. To clarify, tofie's comment was about the writers creating a situation to kill off Simona (not Irene) so Diego wouldn't have to break up with her and return to Nat without drama.
 

Gracias, Karen. Excellent use of the RPC! I'm guessing from the previews that Diego makes it home, but this whole kidnapping plot is ridiculous!

Agree about Brat's lovely fuscia top. She is so not spyworthy.

I have no idea where I got "pro tip" from, but I'm sure I didn't come up with it on my own.

Lupita, as usual, was the best part of the whole episode. She's right...she does know El well enough to know how to motivate him!

I also agree that the woman Rod was hitting on was NOT old. And I kicked Andres in the shins for saying Diego was "depraved" for kissing an "old" woman in a club. Ageist jerk!
 

I almost emailed you last night to tell you how jealous I was that you got so much Lupita!!

Now off to read the reacap...
 

Thanks for the recap, Karen. I really didn't pay attention to anything that wasn't Lupita, so thanks for filling me in.

You know this thing should be finishing up in a few weeks (if Uni runs it as it should it should be finished August 29th.) Right now these episodes don't have an "ultimas semanas" feel.
 

Excellent, Karen! I haven't yet seen the episode but I am looking forward to seeing Lupita enact her evil plan. Maybe Brat should take lessons from Lupita and she'd have better results.
 

Excellent Karen. "she’s wearing a fuchsia top and high heels as she hides badly in some foliage."
"Why don’t the writers let us go with them instead of banal kidnaping plots?!!"

Alonso - Gag me with a soup ladle.

Lupita - can I adopt you

El - an ego's death by a thousand little cuts

Brigitte - someone needs to choke some sense into you

Nat - how's that shoe fit on the other foot

Simona - when the popular girl is out for blood go ahead and say your goodbyes

Karina - "I'm only human
Of flesh and blood I'm made
Human
Born to make mistakes"

Oscar - without a white horse, but that's ok

Irene - at least give it another week

Andres - do yourself a big favor and drop it

 

Thanks Karen. I'm so glad you got a big ladle of Lupita, to make this dreadful episode go down better. She was indeed truly delightful again.

The only time...ever!...I have liked Alonso was last night when he was telling El how truly clever and diabolical this little tyke is with her reverse psychology.

Finally realizing what I don't like about Televisa comedies. The men get made into emasculated fools. El has lost all his "hombria" and Diego never had any. I could almost go for Rodrigo and Vicente (take that with a grain of salt) because at least they still have some masculinity going for them (albeit the very worst kind).

The writers did the same thing to Colunga in Porque el Amor Manda. What a kitty cat (insert different word) he was in that one!

Ugh. But great recap, and thanks for using the Recapper's Card when needed. Loved your reference to Paul as "a poor sod". Amen to that.
 

Karen, cheering you had a "Lupita heavy episode". Your entire first paragraph was delightful "in spite of my poor nerves..Mrs. Bennet" had me laughing in sheer appreciation. Any day that includes your sensational humor and wry observances is a good one. Loved this.

"And what kind of clown are you that you don’t realize having a child with her ties her to you forever (unless the writers decide she’s useless and kill her)?". Amen. I promise I won't go inta a tirade about Al but I am no where near forgiving him for pursuing married Irene (with a dying husband for heaven's sake) and for not going the "test tube/fertilization route with Karina" as you noted.

"Perhaps if he only talks about what he knows and Big Al’s murder, I ignore him until the finale but I know the writers will fail me here". Hear, hear.

Paolo was a sight for sore eyes. More please!

I loved Lupita devilish hijinx to get El and Carmen back.

Have no idea what Brig's final outcome will be but Carmen would be heartbroken if she has a bad end so for that, I want her safe.

As the woman Rod was "hitting on" was younger than I, let's just say I agree and certainly do not consider her "old"...C'mon Andres. :)

tofie, "Lupita - can I adopt you" was one of my favorites.

Karen, thank you for this most excellent recap.

Diana
 

Judy, our comments crossed and I had to let you know "What a kitty cat (insert different word) he was in that one!" made me laugh out loud! Outstanding.

Diana

 

Thank you, Karen for this funny recap. You really did get a fun break with all the manipulating that Lupita is engaging in.

I am enjoying Diego's kidnapped situation because of its ridiculousness. Threatening to break the dog's neck to escape; being taken down by an old lady with a cane; earning food by inventing more and more outlandish crimes; eating through a slit in the duct tape covering his mouth.

Diana, "Have no idea what Brig's final outcome will be but Carmen would be heartbroken if she has a bad end so for that, I want her safe." Yeah, I can't imagine how bad Carmen would feel if Brat got what she really deserves.

Judy "What a kitty cat (insert different word)" caught me off guard and had me laughing.

Alonso taking one look at the messages and the photos and immediately understanding the El is being played. Where is this type of razor sharp reasoning evident in other areas of his life.

Thanks again, Karen (or should I say merci).

David
 

Buen dia and thanks for all the kind words and fun comments.

Kat, yes based on the previews Diego gets released from his captors, thank goodness. And Andres was not just a jerk but an ageist one as well.

Sara, I did feel very fortunate to have such a Lupita heavy episode especially when most of the other plots were so silly.

I hope this Friday we get info on the finale. I'll miss you all but really want to see Rod locked up and an appropriate punishment for Brat.

Vivi, definitely watch the Lupita parts and if only most people in this tn would listen to her advice, we could have had a shorter tn ;)

tofie, thanks for the list but now I've got "Only Human" running through my mind ;)

Judy, great observation about Televisa comedies. For me, its how they often treat crazy sexism in the workplace; it's presented as if it doesn't exist anymore so lets poke fun at these ridiculous things men do as if they are still not doing them (like Grumps and Diego joking about mixing work and pleasure). Though I would say that Jorge Salinas on MCET has not yet been emasculated.

Diana, yes this episode was fun because of Lupita. Like you I don't understand how the writers can so compartmentalize Al's life -he's brilliant for the most part on things related to his work but allowed himself to be manipulated by Karina in ways his work knowledge should have prevented. Then after the stalker chapter in his life is over decides to have a baby with the stalker the natural way. Those decision there make him unfit for a lot especially Irene.

David, I'm glad you enjoyed the kidnaping plot and hope you didn't take offense at my jabs at it. I can see in another mood how it could have funny to me (perhaps if I wasn't recapping).

Yes the writers have created an Al of extremes; he's either brilliant or too dumb to live and by his age you'd think he'd just be dumb or make some poor choices in his personal life. And you slay me with merci!

 

Me too...loved that "merci"!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder