Thursday, December 04, 2014

La Gata #68, 12-4-14 Augie's Foiled Again. . . .or Fela Free at Last!!


We’re going to zip around and see what these folk are up to tonight.  It’s going to be brief.  Please feel free to fill in or correct.

 

We get a quick peek at Blanca in her beautiful blue top in the concrete block shack and rapidly are whisked to Augie and Lo’s miserable apartment.  Augie is in a pissy mood as usual.  He tells Lo he’s going to get his house and money back and put El Sil back in prison.  This will make his life complete.   He tells Lo he wants a divorce.  That’s the cherry on top.

 

Esme is having a pity party.  Mariano comforts and tries to cheer her.  He’s there for her always.

 

Pablo tries to find someone who sees things his way with the whole kissing Gisela in the middle of the restaurant thing.  Omar has brought Virginia to Pablo’s apartment.  She is blind to his point of view and tells him to learn to live without Esme, she’ll never forgive him.  C’mon Omar.  We’re outta here!

 

El Sil, Carlos, Jarocha and Rita run around the dump looking for and asking about Blanca to no avail.  Rita even stops in to Meatball’s pizza shop.  He and his wife put her out.  Meatball’s wife makes him speak Spanish which deflates the rip-off “Speak Softly Love” theme which plays when he “speaks Italian.”  Ha ha ha.   Very funny.

 

Esme wants to help look for Blanca, too.  Meche had a weird feeling at the dump yesterday that Blanca wasn’t right yet.  Esme is like all, woe is me, when will the suffering end.

 

Speaking of suffering Blanca is losing her grip. . . I am Blanca, not loca Fela!!  She punctuates by yelling for Fernando at the window.

 

Damian, Meche, Esme and Jarocha talk about Fela/Blanca.  Esme feels like Fela/Blanca is her mother.  El Sil comes in with the sad news that nobody knows anything or has seen her.  Jarocha feels guilty.  Dr. Hottie from the Institute comes to the door.  I guess he and Esme had a pre-existing appointment to go to the Institute for People with Disabilities.  Esme doesn’t want to go, El Sil encourages her to.

 

I think this is Mariano’s apartment?  I didn’t pay too much attention last week when he was rolling around on the sofa with one sock on near suicide because he almost accepted some nookie from a crazy, predatory, killer slut.  I digress.  Anyway, Mariano tells Lo Fela has disappeared and Pablo has hurt Esme again:  He, El Sil and Damian saw him kissing Gisela.  Oh yeah, and he told Pablo he’s in love with Esme and told him to stay away from her.  Lo concludes the Martinez-Negrete are under a curse:  Mariano and Pablo in love with the same woman and their father asking her for a divorce.

 

Speaking of killer sluts and idiots Pablo tries to confront Gisela, tells her working with her is toxic, he wants out of the contract.  Of course she says no, she owns the distribution rights to all his works. Okay, then he won’t paint.  Not so fast, he HAS to produce a certain number of works for each exposition.  Oh, you don’t even want to see me when I’m bad, she threatens.  Idiot Pablo is speechless.

 

Mariano tries to talk to his dad about the divorce and the document, and that he’s not his lawyer anymore.  As usual Augie growls and scowls. . .he’s going to make good use of the document, he has plans, take your mother off my hands.  Yes, he’s got another woman, someone he’s loved for a long time, he’s not going to miss this opportunity blah blah blippety blah!

 

Dr. Hottie shows Esme around the Institute.  She sees how students with visual impairments use assistive technology to make the world more accessible and how students with hearing impairments learn sign language.  It is a beautiful setting and Esme is impressed with the students learning ways to better communicate and navigate in the world.  Everything is so inclusive and non-discriminatory.

 

Back at El Sil’s we see Damian and, well, El Sil.  Osorio comes by to tell them they have a witness who saw Fela in a car with a man.

 

Pack at El Instituto Pablo runs up as Dr. Hottie and Esme are talking.  Dr. Hottie thinks Pablo is a threat, she tells Dr. Hottie it’s okay, he can leave.

 

Back at the Brick HO-UUUUSE, checkered shirt guy has brought Blanca/Fela some food and is scolding her about not eating.  Augie comes to the glassless window just in time to kill her appetite just in case she had one.  He wants her love to change him into a generous man.  Blanca shouts she loves her husband, Fernando and she wants out!  Augie yells in her face:  He’s my worse enemy, I won’t let you go and they’ll never find you!  Now Augie has a point there with these dipsticks!

 

So anyway, it takes Pablo a long time to finally say that Gisela kissed him, forced the kiss on him.  She’s sick in the head, she doesn’t mean anything to me, you know I love you…   Esme slips back into her you’ll be enslaved by my side/you need a complete woman/I don’t want you for your pity schtick.  Go away, go to that woman.  I guess her visit to the Institute didn’t make much of an impression on her.

 

Up in the study El Sil has a sudden revelation:  Oh, it was a trick!  Gisela wants to separate Pablo and Esme!  Wow!  He argues with Jarocha who ain’t buyin’ it.

 

Fela has caved in and eaten whatever crap checkered shirt brought her.  Dang, it’s not diarrhea but it’s even worse:  checkered shirt guy and Augie are morphing back and forth into each other right before her eyes and taunting her!  She’s losing it!  Oh, wait!  Checkered shirt guy hasn’t gotten paid and he’s gonna take her to the authorities if Augie doesn’t cough up some pesos.

 

I guess Lo didn’t believe Augie this morning that they’re history and thinks a nice breakfast is all he needs!   Nasty as usual he admits he has another woman.  No, he didn’t cheat on her, not that he didn’t want to, it’s just that SHE was too dignified.  Lo figures it must be one of her friends.  Who is it, she demands?

 

El Sil and Esme talk about the MNs.  In case she’s forgotten he reminds her, and us, that Augie took his fortune and something more valuable, the years with his wife and daughter.  He tries to get Esme to see Pablo was probably set up.   Esme repeats her lines about not wanting to be a burden to him, nor his pity.

 

Pablo, having struck out with little Sis, tries to get Mariano to believe him about killer slut.  Oh, ok, yeah, well, she did accuse me of rape, okay, I believe you.  I just got all mad.  What?  Esme won’t talk to you?  She adores you but she – say it with me y’all – she doesn’t want your pity!

 

Lo tells Eugenia about Augie leaving her for another woman.  Fill in bitter old bag talk here.

 

Finally, we’re back at the concrete shack and it’s time for brunch.  With the aftermath of the last meal, Blanca thinks she’ll pass.  He reminds her she could be here for a while and that he’ll let her go if Augie doesn’t pay him.  She needs to be patient!  Checkered shirt gets tired of Blanca’s lip and pulls her hair.  Ooops!  Cell phone is ringing!  He lets go of her roughly.  Thank goodness Fela/Blanca sees the open door and she’s off down the road!  Run Fela run!  I’m not sure she’s much safer with El Sil and the Beverly Campesinos but the food is a heck of lot better.

 

That’s all folks!
Previous: Episode 67
Next: Episode 69

Labels:


Comments:
Lila let me be the first to say your recap was inspired! Loved it! Besides the stomach-churning machinations of Gisela, not too much new fodder to chew on, but still.

I loved seeing Principe riding around in style in Esme's wheelchair. He looked alot happier than when she used to drag him around draped over one arm.

Okay now, if Lorenza really wants to get back at Augie for threatening to divorce her, she will become El Sil's ally. I'm hoping that's what happens.

J in Oregon




 

"Speaking of killer sluts and idiots," this was a most excellent recap, Lila.

When Diogenes left the door open, I had a feeling that Fela would be able to escape. Hoping her awkward run takes her to safety.

And just when did Augie regain his legal license? Did we see this happen or hear notice given? It doesn't make sense, although that's not surprising.
 

Thanks J and LaPaloma. This Latoodle chick is just massacring all kinds of realities, dramatic, poetic, literary, legal, name it! This could have been a great show if she gave a fig about her audience and how these things works.

LaPaloma, Diva, Vivi, can somebody help me get this La Malquerida recap off this page. I appreciate your apology Diana, this looks like the kind of thing I could mistakenly do! I'm new at this and don't know how to take it off! If there's something only I can do since I posted it, please let me know. Thanks!
 

Thanks Lila for a really enjoyable recap. I'm still at that stage of understanding where I get the big picture but miss the subtleties and lots of the details. Sure enough, your recap was very helpful in fine tuning.

My favorite line "he almost accepted some nookie from a crazy, predatory, killer slut."

You pointed out El Sil's claims "Augie took his fortune and something more valuable, the years with his wife and daughter."

I'd give my eye tooth to hear him make that claim in a court of law and have the judge ask him how he made up those years after finding his daughter. "Uh, your honor I haven't told her yet". C'mon, it's like the pot calling the kettle black.
 

Lila- Just left you a comment on La Malquerida.
 

Thank you Vivi! I took care of it! :D
 

Thank you Sue in NY! I know at some point I need to just accept this show for what it is. It could have been really great if she did a little research or hey, what do I know, maybe the Mexican legal system is that crazy! The little tableau at the Instituto was well done but overall the writer doesn't seem to respect or care about us or her characters at all, thus the haphazard, crazy mish-mash we're served each night.

Yah, basta Lila! Gotta go to work!
 

Thank you, Lila! Your recap and a cup of coffee were a great way to start my day today!

Bad move, Augie--telling Lorenza you're going to ditch her once you have everything you want? You've seen what that woman can do! Better sleep with one eye open.

Having Rita drop by the pizza place just so Rita, Meatball, and his wife (who had better spill the frijoles about her past with Fernando already) can stay relevant. Stay classy, show.

I can't believe Lorenza took in all that news and still didn't say "Maldita Gata!" I feel she's really grown. Not much, mind you, but it seems to be sticking.

Seriously, Pablo, have Mariano look over the contract and try to get you out of it. And then go into a "crayons on the back of overdue bills" phase.

"Now Augie has a point there with these dipsticks!" I know! I'm glad Fela got out herself, because I could just see them standing in that field with the shack in the distance and Fela's cries echoing, deciding to give up and go home without ever looking in that direction.

"I guess her visit to the Institute didn’t make much of an impression on her." Ah, yes, the Institute, where "Everything is so inclusive and non-discriminatory," except Esme's attitude toward herself. Seriously, woman! Break up with him because he's a dip who's incapable of good judgment and lips that touched swine shall never touch thine...don't try to be all self-sacrificing. I don't give a rat's ass if you're in a wheelchair, you're still worth two of him. He should be so lucky!

"Run Fela run!" Hell yeah! "Beverly Campesinos" got an unladylike snort out of me. I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything at the time!
 

"Run Fela run"...except next time not straight down the road. And screaming as you go.

:oD

J in Oregon
 

Thanks, Diva! Love this: Break up with him because he's a dip who's incapable of good judgment and lips that touched swine shall never touch thine. Yes! Funny but true! This is one of those missed opportunities of LaToodle. Yes, it would be normal to feel like she's less now with her acquired disability, but didn't I even hear Esme reject the upcoming Cisneros surgery! What the hell is that about!? I know I keep going on and on about that Brazilian novela, Viver a Vida, but a character in that acquired a disability and it was dealt with with so much class, respect and enlightened empathy. There was even an open and non-tittering storyline about how the disability would affect the woman's sex life and whether she could conceive and bear children. AND there was a HOT, yes HOT love scene between her and her new love that stayed in love with her even after her injury!! Ok, different culture and all that. I know, I need to just get over it!!

J I also was cringing at Fela running straight down the path right in line with the door. Good think checkered shirt is as much a dope as the rest of them!

I put a little "audio joke" in the recap which nobody has picked up yet and/or didn't think was funny. Oh well. Can anybody guess what it is? (Yeah, if you have to tell people it's a joke, Lila, it didn't work! Duh!)
 

OK, it took me a minute...so, who, in this situation is mighty, mighty? ;)
 

I agree that this was inspired!!! Soooo much better than the episode.

I love killer slut! and Beverly Campesinos!

"Fill in bitter old bag talk here." YES! That's how to recap this show!

You don't know how many times I've wanted to do a 3-4 line recap (which isn't that much shorter than my usual....)

Line One
Repetitive love talk.

Line Two
Repetitive venganza talk.

Line Three
Repetitive Maldita Gata talk.

Line Four (as needed)
Fill in repetitive talk from above.

Rinse and Repeat.



 

I am glad you could join me for coffee on the patio this morning 5ft Diva. Thanks Lila for a making the recap MUCH more interesting than the show was. There was some atmospheric disturbance last night and there where spurts of everyone doing the Hokey Pokey. Hilarious and added a little more humor than usual.
 

Having watched last night's episode, here's my take:

1.) Gisela still itching for sex it's not even funny.

2.) Augie and Lorenza both need to go to prison.

3.) Esme needs to have a BACKBONE and stand up for herself, stop trusting the wrong people.

4.) Pablo: you better MAN UP.
 

Thanks for the great recap!

I'm always amazed how TN characters lose their peripheral vision. How could checkered shirt not see (or hear) Blanca run out. And how did she get that far with him still not knowing. I think he'll catch up to her but little things like that drive me crazy.

When oh when will Gisela get hers?! I hate her character!!
 

DING DING DING DING!!! Diva got my lame "audio joke"? Thanks for savin my arse, Diva, I was dyin' over here. In this case it's Blanca who is Mighty! Mighty! cause she got herself free after yelling herself hoarse for El Sil to save her!

Thank you Sara! I study your, Eli and Diva's recapping styles; you gals rock it out funny and thorough at the same time! These poor actors skills are not only being wasted, they're being mocked. They're probably like "Eff it! Least I'm getting paid!"

Thank you emeraldrose!! Thanks for hanging in here with us on the patio!

Hi, Alicia! Good points, girl! Esme does need to do some mental, emotional and spiritual standing up! Pablo is just a lost case. I was just thankful I didn't get any prolonged Gisela scenes. She really works my nerves, man.

Hey. Where's tofie? I want a list for my episode?

Gringo usually signs in a little later. Hey brother! Please send your raven-haired goddess some self-esteem vibes! I would say she should work with Dr. Hottie at the Instituto but she'd end up fighting off his advances cause she just does that to ALL men!
 

Diva got my lame "audio joke"?
Hey. Where's tofie? I want a list for my episode?

Clearly I'm having trouble with my exclamation point!!!!!!! Sheesh!

Hey Carvivlie! You are welcome and thank YOU for sitting with us on the patio: the chairs are few but well-filled. . .uh, that didn't come out right. Y'all know what I mean!

Yeah, no peripheral vision and only capable of hearing negative things on the other side of doors. But if those little things drive you crazy Carvivlie, you better stay here with us and help us keep our sanity, too.

:D
 

Lila- I got your joke when I read the recap this morning, AND got a chuckle out of it. But since I'm just a lurker her, and not a regular watcher of the show, I kept my amusement to myself. :)

(Vivi, slinking back into the shadow..and letting it all hang out.)
 

Ha! Ha! Vivi! Girl, come back anytime! Listen, if you hear that another LaToodle production is coming send me an email in case I don't see it on the board. NEVER AGAIN!!
 

Lawd, Lila...don't study *my* style. It's completely lazy ass. Really this show is perfect for me since there is little action and little subtleties and no nuance. Sooo easy to recap!

I like exclamation points! (And parentheses!) Quotation marks are kind of my "style", too.

 

That should be "no subtlety or nuance."
 

Lol, thanks, Lila. Study my style, but learn from my mistakes! I'll spend the entire dang episode on "he said, and then she said, and then he said..." and realize at the end that I could have just typed "They argue about nothing for 20 minutes and then decide to go for ice cream."
 

Sara, please, your bullet style is to die for! Love that!
 

When the hell did they go for ice-cream? Did I miss that? ;-)

Carvivlie-I am sooo DONE with Gisela.
 

Thanks, Diva, I am taking note! Mr. Lila doesn't share my novelas with me like Mr. 5ft. does with you though I still chatter and gripe about them to him, poor guy! So I'm trying to learn to be quick, thorough, sometimes smarty-pants or funny if I can pull it off! It IS fun though!

;D
 

Thank you Sara. "Beverly Campesinos" had me spitting out my coffee.

J in Oregon, I thought Principe was really appreciating that lap also. He is loving that motorized wheel chair. I didn't even see him for the first half of the scene because he blended on so well with Esme's black dress. Mr. LN thinks that Maite is really loving that chair also. It gives her something interesting to do In between the the declarations of undying love and the whiplash inducing renunciations of love for Pablo's benefit.

Didn't that high end gift shop at that high end shopping center have a security camera? Can't Osorio's crack investigation team review some security footage?

I am looking forward to seeing Lorenza's actions as a woman scorned.

I have given up caring when Pablo is on screen. He is too stupid to live.

Peripheral vision does seem to be a problem in telenovela land.
 

Hi, Lila,

Thanks for your great boiling hot rendition of last night's misadventures.

Augie the brilliant legal tactics expert promises to divorce his wife who stole the pre-signed document and can testify to its fraudulence?

Checkered shirt guy must have been talking to a girlfriend with whom he thought he had a fair chance of success tonight to be so distracted as to let Blanca run away without noticing it.

I think Lorenza will cop a plea, become the best grandmother ever, and get off with 6 months probation.

I am torn over whether Augie winds up in a prison or an insane asylum.

Like many tns, this whole mess could be tied up by about 4 key people telling what they know.

By the way, anvil sales are way up. Better get yours today.

David
 

LN - I wish I could take credit for Beverly Campesinos, but that is pure Lila brilliance.
 

Ice cream was probably wishful thinking! Going for ice cream would be more productive than a lot of these circular conversations that go nowhere.

Mr. 5ft is at the point where he doesn't worry about missing an episode, though he'll occasionally ask me something like "Did they find Blanca yet?" in a sarcastic tone of voice because he knows the ineptitude of Team Silencioso.
 

Hi, LN. You are welcome here to the patio and here's a great point you made:

Didn't that high end gift shop at that high end shopping center have a security camera? Can't Osorio's crack investigation team review some security footage?

This is exactly what I mean about the writer not exerting the least effort to make a believable story! So true, too about the "undying love and whiplash inducing renunciations of love."

David, you made another excellent point:

Augie the brilliant legal tactics expert promises to divorce his wife who stole the pre-signed document and can testify to its fraudulence?

David, I want some anvils with electrified spikes on 'em and some with poisoned barbs, can you handle that?
 

Lila, our electric spike anvil has a series of 9 volt batteries whose voltage is fed through a spark coil from a Model-T and can generate 28,000 volts.

Our poison spike model uses the very best botulin toxin.

These are available in a variety of colors. Also, for those preferring a normal anvil, we have one model that substitutes spent nuclear material for the stock iron, making it significantly denser.

David
 

BAM! I'd like to order a dozen of each type! I'm ready to put a lot of folks out of our misery!

See y'all a little later, keep talking amongst yourselves, i got a 3 o'clock I adore and share recapping duties on!

Peace!
 

If I were Pablo and tied up by that contract, which specifies that I must produce paintings, I would do it ... they would all be stick figures and other kindergarten-level drawings!
 

Yes, Esme did day she would not have the operation; she wants to join the residents of the clinic (and perhaps marry the doctor?!). But since she changes her mind at every turn in the plot, I think she will at some point have the operation before Viewerville is released from its suffering, i.e. having to watch this sad, sad excuse for a TN.
 

Anon2:15-I wonder if Gisela almost hopes he does that. Then she won't be able to sell anything of his and he'll be broke. Didn't she mumble stuff about ruining him financially.
 

Lila---Your recap was great!!!
The Martinez-Negrete are under a curse. LOL I think that just about everybody is, not Principe though. He's been riding in style lately.

Lo thinks that a nice breakfast is all that Augie needs. Gringo thinks that he might need some b
brandy in his coffee.

The Beverly Campesinos and the killer slut. Lila, you outdid yourself today.

Yes the raven haired goddess does have to fight them off doesn't she? The trials and tribulations of being a goddess.

LN---Too stupid to live or too stupid to reproduce? Think of the children.

How did Augie get back into his old house the other night? Does he have an extra set of keys?

Be careful Augie, I wouldn't want to be around when the Lo unleashes
her furry.
the gringo


 

Okay Gringo--I don't think you meant that to be funny but I cracked up anyway: "I wouldn't want to be around when she unleashes her furry...." Maybe her furry kitty?

So Rita had a great one-liner last night when she snapped at Meatball and his wife: "You two are even worse than I am, and that's saying alot!" I wonder if they allow ad-libbing in this thing?

J in Oregon
 

J- I missed the first 20ish minutes, so I missed that line. I wish I had seen it! I will tell myself that it's an ad lib.
 

HA HA HA!! That IS a potential dangerous phrase: "unleash her furry what?" Ah, nice catch J. We know gringo meant fury but furry is more fun!

Hey gringo, thanks man! You always brighten the board dude!

Anon at 2:27 thank you for that about the operation. So Esme wants to be a martyr, stay paraplegic when there might be a chance she doesn't have to, refuse to get help from El Instituto and just moan about not being a whole woman. Think about it Esme, would you rather take care of man and your children yourself even though you're "not whole" cause you can't walk or "give" your man and children to a woman who's not whole because she has no scruples, no morals, and is, in fact, criminally insane? Think about it, goddess.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder