Monday, December 01, 2014

TELEMUNDO Y MENOS: Reina de Corazones, Project Chapter a Day -- week of December 1, 2014: Episode 132.

Here's a little update, folks.  Because of the President's speech on Thursday, Nov. 20, it seems that 4 (that's right FOUR) episodes were squished together on Friday, Nov. 21.  Yup, episodes 131, 132, 133 and 134 were smushed into something incomprehensible.  We won't be done sorting out that single broadcast until Wednesday, Dec. 3!

I can't really tell you how the rest has been divvied up.  I do know that the show officially ends tonight, Monday, December 1.   (This final episode, by the way, is numbered 141 on YouTube.)  So we are recapping a show that technically no longer exists.  Whatever.


We'll keep doing our best to bring you the story, one chapter a day, basing our recaps on the episodes as they were shown in Mexico.  We'll probably be done with this insanity by Friday, December 12.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And to get the week started, here is my recap of Episode 132, the second part of the 11/21 broadcast version:

In which: 
Navier escapes after 5 months in the new PHoo Lab but his memory is gone! 
Estefy gets a new López.
Mauro gets out of jail free but it won't be long before his future is all sewn up.
We learn the identity of the Costurer@!
We suspect that pudgy ORBO may have an edge.
And we meet a new rival for Navier's affections!

The episode begins with Victor talking to Navier, the latter apparently unconscious on a stretcher in the new PHoo lab.  Victor points out the security camera on the wall and tells him he will be under surveillance 24 hours per day.  He had to be moved to a new location because the other one was no longer safe.  This one is protected by digital fingerprint sensors.  Gradually, Navier will forget that he is a rich heir and that he is a secret agent.  Most important of all, he will forget that he is Victor's brother.  He'll forget the days of the week and the seasons.  He'll forget the people he loves -- one day, thanks to a happy accident, he'll forget Reina Ortiz forever.

Navier's thoughts:  "This time I didn't say a single word.  I was concentrated on not forgetting my summers, falls, winters, my people, my daughter, my love.  

Time passes...

Inside Navier's head as he lies still on a stretcher:
"Don't forget, don't forget, don't forget -- Esmeeth, my mom, don't forget Clara, my princess, the dragona, don't forget you, my love, my Reina of hearts, I won't forget you--
Image of Reina in white wedding gown and veil
My Reina... I won't forget you, your body, your perfume, our kisses, nor your eyes nor your skin.  I'll never forget you. Never."

Navier opens his eyes and lifts his head from the pillow.
"And one day it will all be over.  One day they will cease to exist.  No more mother, friends, enemies, daughters, women.  There won't be anything more."

5 meses después

Navier is still on the narrow bed.   He lifts up his head.  He is breathing heavily.  "Where am I?"  He is shackled to the bed.  He looks around.  "Who am I?"  

(The story picks up here at 20:00 into the episode shown on American TV on Friday, 11/21)

Reina is in the bridal atelier and she is writing in her journal:

"Five months of absence, of questions, of waking up every morning and praying that this is a nightmare..."

Navier hyperventilates.  A new Dr. Toledo comes to check on him...

"...of praying that I'll open the door and I'll see him enter with his smile, and feel the strength of his embrace and the warmth of his kisses and to know that I'll be his again."

While the doctor is checking his IV, Navier sits up and gets him in a chokehold.  Not having been to the gym in a while, Navier is breathing very hard...

"...I look for him everywhere, in the streets, in bars, in places we went to together and those we didn't."

But the doctor only went to the gym once or twice after he signed up, so Navier overpowers him.  With great effort he unlocks his shackles and still breathing heavily, he heads to the camera.  He covers it with a cloth.

"...I even think I'll see him among my wedding gowns, but no, he never appears.  And then I find myself immersed in doubt -- is he dead?"

A uniformed guard appears.  Navier is leaning on a machine.  It's the defibrillator!  When the guard gets close enough, he shocks him!

Reina's voice:  "Is he alive?  Will I ever see him again?"

Navier undresses the man, and takes his gun in his trembling fingers.  He pants.

"... or will this dark and heartwrenching silence stay with me for the rest of my life?"

Navier drags the guard, now in his undies, to the exit and places the man's finger on the digital sensor, unlocking the door.  He opens it and walks out.

Who invited you to the party?
"Hola Reina" calls Estefi, now in full pregnant bloom, as she enters the Atelier.  Reina looks at her balefully.

Not if you were the last man on earth...
Although Mauro has been confined to a cell in CIA headquarters, he manages to maintain his offensive insouciance.  "Ah Smith, how good to see you.  Did you come to interrogate me again or torture me until I talk?  Or did you come for something else?"  He pats the cot suggestively.

"Although I don't want to," Esmeeth says, "I'm going to let you go." 
"I like that.  Five months is too long for an innocent man."
"Innocent?"  Esmeeth nearly chokes on the word.
"What a shame you couldn't prove the contrary, huh?"

Extended Flashback:  Two uniformed officers drag MM into the CIA interrogation room.  "Can someone tell me what's going on?"  Esmeeth questions him in her sadly ineffectual manner: "You're going to tell me right now where you and Victor De Rosas moved your lab.  And you're going to tell me what you did with Javier Bolívar.  When we got to the old lab, it was cleared out.  But I know you were there!"

Mauro laughs.  One of the agents seems to give him a little love tap, bashing his head on the table.  "I thought you were more intelligent, Esmeeth," says Mauro. "But you feel into a trap."

Esmeeth sees things differently: "There is irrefutable proof against you.  We found samples in your room."

Mauro contends that the evidence was planted to incriminate him.  "Let me guess who found it -- it was Patricio Picasso, right?"

And what about Mauro's bullet wound?  "You just did this to scare me," says Mauro.  The agents grab him and he struggles.  "You won't get anything out of me, not even if you kill me.  How long are you going to keep trusting Picasso?"

Picasso joins the party and hits MM in the gut repeatedly while the agents hold him down.

Back to present time:  "You're suspended from the Intelligence Service. Washington ordered your release. But if it were up to me, you'd leave here feet first."

Esmeeth continues: "You were lucky that Constanza Leiva didn't recognize you, but I know very well that you're guilty."  
Mauro smirks.  "You failed in this investigation, Agent.  And because of that failure, it's likely that you'll never see Agent Bolívar again."  Mauro starts for the door.  Esmeeth holds him back.  

"Not so fast, Montalban.  I haven't finished talking."  

"What do you want, doll?  

Esmeeth punches him in the face (she HAS been working out) and knees him in the groin, knocking him off balance.  He lands on the cot.  Uff!

"Now you can leave. If you can.  Guard! He fell."
Esmeeth walks out of the cell.

You're just mad because I killed your baby and stole your lover's seed!
Reina tells Estefania she isn't welcome at the Atelier. "¡Qué feo!" replies Estefi.  "Is it because of my baby or because of me?  What's the matter?  Are you envious because you're not expecting Navier's baby and I am?  Is that it?  Ay!  It's moving!  Come on and feel it!"

She walks up to Reina and reaches for her arm.  Reina pulls away.  "I won't kill you because you're pregnant.  But once you have that baby, watch out."

"I just came to tell you that I'm back in my mansion, the one that I should never have left.  I've returned to my life and I'm looking for Navier -- because I haven't given up."
"Neither have I," Reina says.  "Good.  Perfect.  Let's see which of us finds him first.  Let's hope it isn't you because I swear I won't let you live to enjoy him."

Estefanía starts to walk out.  Connie emerges from the back of the shop.  Estefi turns to her and mockingly observes that she is still in mourning.  Connie tells her that Isidro died five months ago today.
Estefanía finally leaves. 

De Rosas mansion
Why such a high turnover rate? 
Victor fulminates before the Izzy Wannabe.  "Chief of Security?  You're an imbecile!  You're not the shadow of Isidro Castillo!  Get out! Out of my house!"
Cobra saunters in, huge with child: "You fired another one?"
"Another inept fool! And what about you?  When am I going to be a father?"
"Are you anxious to meet your son?  Or are you anxious to 'disappear' me?"

Before he can answer her, Victor gets a call.  The news that he hears makes him even angrier.  "When did that happen?"  He heads out the door, angrily muttering: "How is that possible?"

Moto isn't taking any chances
She instructs the uniformed female office that she must never leave the sitter alone.  She reminds the young babysitter not to answer anyone's calls except hers or Laz's, and not to open the door to anyone, especially not to Estefania Perez Hidalgo or Victor De Rosas.  "Understood," replies the young woman.

Laz has been looking on silently.  Now he speaks up.  "It's the same thing every day.  Aren't you overdoing it?"  Moto feels she is not.  She knows what she's doing.

"You've become a very overprotective mother," he says.
"I'm the best mother I can be," she replies.  "You always aimed for that," he says, "but in the last few months, ever since Estefi came to see us, something has been going on.  Isn't that true?"

Flashback
Laz and Moto are in bed.  She reaches over to her sleeping husband and plucks out a hair.  Ouch!  He wakes up.  He wants to know that's wrong.  She was just caressing him, she tells him.  
"You caressing me?" he says, surprised.  
Moto is understandable wounded.  "I'm human."  
"Sometimes, yeah, but... " 
"Go back to sleep.  I'm sorry."

Moto gets out of bed, puts on her robe and goes to the front room.  Someone knocks.  It's Estefi and she is carrying a pink shopping bag.  "I came to bring this little gift for the girl.  And to make peace with you.  After all, Lazaro was the great love of Greta's life."

Flashback to Moto in the lab reviewing DNA results: The test is 99.9% positive proof of paternity. 

Back to the present:
Her visits do have that effect on people...
Ever since Estefi's visit, Moto has acted as if someone were after her -- or is Laz wrong?  He is.  She's just upset about Javier's disappearance, she fibs.

Did you see that?  The nerve of that guy?
Navier stumbles along the downtown streets.  He pulls the guard's badge off the uniform shirt and discards it. He sees some guys at a food stand drinking beer and eating hot dogs.  He grabs a hot dog from one of them and runs away.

¡Bola de Ineptos!
Victor is at the lab raging at the poor slob in his underwear, the latest Dr. Toledo (who has held onto both his labcoat and his life), and a bulky uniformed guard.  "How is it possible that Javier Bolivar escaped?  One single man without a memory, with no strength, beat you up and made a mockery of the security system.  Are you crazy?  You are all useless! Grrrrrrrrrrr!  Go out there in the streets, find him and bring him to me!  Or you'll all end up dead!  Move!

It's time to say no to drugs!
Moto tells Reina she has no results for her.  "Oh God," says Reina, running her fingers through her glorious hair -- hair which never disappoints, no matter what else is happening. "I can't remember anything.  However hard I try, no drug seems to help me."

We've tried them all and in every possible combination," Moto agrees.  "What worked for Connie didn't work on you."  Reina asks why that is so.  Moto thinks it may be because Reina received a stronger dose of PHoo Juice -- or maybe it's because of her accident.  But she thinks they've come to the end of the pharmaceutical road.  "I think you should stop the treatment for good."

Moto adds that Montalban is well-protected.  In spite of everything they know about him, he was just set free.  Reina is incredulous.  How is that possible?
"The higher-ups are protecting him," explains Moto. "The only way to make him pay is by killing him, and I personally asked Patricio not to do it because it's not worth risking his life for that piece of garbage."
  
"But that man knows where Navier is," insists Reina.  "He and Victor are the only ones who know."  

Reina tells Moto about Estefi's little visit.  She's now 7 months pregnant with Navier's child and she really doesn't seem to know where Navier is.  "So much time has passed that maybe I should start getting used to the idea that Javier could be dead."

Hello Dollies!
Estefanía sits in the doll room of the mansion and smiles at someone.  "Finally here!" she exclaims.  "They let you go?  How did you do it?"

Mauro Montalban, no less smarmy after five months in the CIA lock-up, boasts that he still has friends in Washington.  Did she miss him?

Estefi gives a noncommittal little 'Eh.' Why didn't he tell her where to find Javier?

Because she behaved very badly, he says somewhat patronizingly.  Her people went to the lab and they killed the eponymous Dr. Toledo.  Or is she going to deny it?

"No, I won't deny it," she answers.  "I was an accomplice.  But Javier wasn't there."  Mauro smirks.  "Your accomplice lied. Bolivar was there.  Strange, isn't it?"

"You know too many things," Estefi tells him.  "How do I know I can trust you?"

Famous Last Words -- So Long, Maury!
"Because I love you and it hurts me that you're pregnant by that man.  I thought a lot about you in all those months I was locked up.  I want us to be together.  And I'm never going to tell you where Bolivar is because I love you.  Even if you kill me I won't tell."

Estefi pulls a dagger out from a sheath she is wearing (whoa!) and stabs MM even as she is caressing his cheek with her other hand and they are kissing.  She digs the knife in and makes sure he is dead
He gurgles and moans as he falls, trying for dear life to hold onto her gravid body.  "What did you do?"  She backs away, perhaps worried about the stain on the rug.

Bridal Salon -- Clap your hands if you believe in ghosts!
Connie is working with a bride when she gets a call.  Hello?  We don't hear what her caller says, but Connie's face assumes an odd expression, she stares out the window, and then hangs up.  She turns to her customer and asks: Do you believe in ghosts?

"I don't," says Christian as he enters the Atelier.  "I believe in the living and in a man like me who loves you and only wants to make you happy."

Ever wonder about Pedro Ortiz?  He was buried twice -- once in a grave and again in a throwaway conversation that was then CUT from the televised version:
Moto asks Reina to let her worry about finding Navier.   But Reina can't let it go.  Every day she tells Clarita that her father will be coming back, but she no longer believes it herself.  Moto can imagine how she feels.  Agatha is very little, but just the thought... it kills me...

Reina realizes that Moto is going through a crisis of her own and wants to be there for her.  "I know we're not friends, but you've been there for me in these last few difficult months -- not just in this process of looking for Javier, BUT THROUGH THE EXHUMATION OF MY FATHER'S BODY WHICH CONFIRMED THAT HE WAS MURDERED AND DIDN'T KILL HIMSELF. Tell me what's going on."

"You're the closest thing I have to a friend," says Moto.  She really doesn't have anyone to talk to.  "Reina, I'm desperate because for 5 months, I've known who Agatha's parents are.  I can't tell anyone, not even Laz because I'm afraid it will cost him his life."

Who are her parents?

Greta and Lazaro.

How many crazy things can you find in this picture?
BSC Estefi strokes dead MM's head.  "Lopez, how lucky I finally found you," she says with a beatific smile at her latest attendant.  "You're identical to the real brother of my faithful López."  He unzips a small case and passes it to her.  She removes a pair of blue latex gloves and begins to suture Mauro's lips closed.

Have we met?
Navier lurks in the dark streets.  He scavenges for food in the garbage.  An attractive young woman in blue shorts and top walks out of a building.  He grabs her from behind.  She has no money, she says.  It's early --  she'll pay him later.
  
Navier is puzzled.  Does she know him?  No, the girl tells him, but if he's here, it's to collect and she doesn't have any money.

Navier says she has him mixed up with someone else.  Then what does he want?  He wants something to eat -- he's very hungry.


CIA, room of screens, doubts and recriminations
Picasso and Esmeeth are upset that Mauro has been set free.  "I can't believe it," he says. "It's incredible!  He lied to the higher-ups and they believed him because they don't know who he is.
"And you?" Esmeeth asks.  "Who are you, Patricio?"
"Are you going to keep treating me like a criminal?"
"I haven't seen anything to make me change my mind."
"What do you have to see?  What? It's been five months! I'm sick of running after you and begging you."
"Don't beg me anymore because I don't believe you."
"Perfect!" says Picasso.  Esmeeth storms out of the room.

Enter Moto.  Maybe Esmeeth doesn't trust Picasso, but she does.  What should they do?  Picasso  wants to go it alone.  Moto insists on working with him.  "We were a terrible couple," she says, "but we're a great team."

Study in uncle/nephew bonding - or - has ORBO gone to the Dark Side?
"No one can make me shake this bad mood," says Victor.
ORBO wants to know what's wrong.  "Nothing that matters to you," answers Victor.  "What was this surprise were you talking about?"

"This one," replies ORBO gleefully.  "Look at what I've got".  He spills the contents of a jeweler's pouch out onto  desk.  "It's just a sample of an exquisite and priceless collection -- unique in the world."

Both men chuckle.  Victor admits that ORBO has managed to cheer him up.  He kind of wishes ORBO had been his father and not Geronimo.

ORBO says he would have liked having a son like Victor.  But look at them now.  That pig who locked him up in a nuthouse for 50 years is dead and buried and ORBO is here in his house doing business with his hated son.  Hah!

"Let me complete this picture," says Victor, smiling, and handing ORBO a drink.  "Now you're also drinking his exquisite cognac. It was logical.  Diamonds are like a drug, an addiction, verdad?"

"Without doubt.  By the way, do you have any information on the whereabouts of my younger son?"  Victor says no, he hasn't heard anything more about him.

If it takes forever, I will wait for him
Asuncion and Clara sit at the table together. Reina joins them.  Do you have news about papa? asks Clarita.  Yes, look, another letter came for you!  Clara opens it. 

Hola princesa dragona, 
I miss you. This job will be done soon and we'll be together again forever. Wait for me.  I love you. 
Papa. 

She kisses the letter and goes to put it away with the others.

"How long are you going to keep lying to the girl?" Asunción asks.  "Until he appears," Reina replies simply.  Asunción shakes her head sadly, but says nothing.

Picasso holds his flashlight and his gun in front of him as he inches into a dark place.  The camera angle widens and we see that Moto is with him.  And finally we see what they see -- the body of Mauro Montalban, its lips sewn shut.  

Please, ma'am, I want some more.
"I can see you're hungry," says the toothsome stranger as she watches Navier shovel in food in the back kitchen of her place.  She hopes he has enough.  "I want more," he says quietly.  Then he adds:  "Can I work here?"  She shrugs.  The dishwasher didn't show up today.  That's all she can offer.  Is he interested in being a dishwasher?  He is.  She agrees to try him out tonight.  What's his name?  Navier hesitates.  He remembers a nametag in the lab.  "Bruno.  Díaz." (And here the writers are pulling our leg.  Batman's Bruce Wayne is Bruno Díaz in Spanish.) He continues shoveling in his food.

There's something familiar about all this...
The body is on the floor, propped against a couch in MM's hotel suite.  Picasso calls for the forensic team while Moto does a preliminary examination of the body. She announces that he died of a single stab wound to the back.  There are no defensive wounds on his hands.  It was a betrayal.  The lips are sewn with the same thread and with the same technique used on the other victims.  Undoubtedly, they are dealing with the same killer.

Trust me
"Susana, you have to trust me," says Estefanía.  "Sooner or later, I'll find out where Greta's baby is."  Susana has the feeling that Estefi knows more than she's saying.

Juanjo comes home and is understandably upset to see Estefi in his house.  "You're not welcome here!  Get out!"  She goes but not without leaving a threat.  He saved himself once -- he shouldn't keep pushing his luck! (No sigas tentando la muerte/don't keep tempting death)

"Did you hear that?" Juanjo asks Susana, outraged.  "That's your friend -- the one who tried to kill me!  The one who shares who knows what secrets with you!  Tell me something, was she the one who introduced you to your lover?"

"What lover?" asks Susana, apparently bewildered.  "Stop faking" Juanjo retorts.  While I was busy with our wedding, you were being unfaithful to me!"  Thwap!  She slaps him hard.

Let's see:  You're a strange man who mugged me and you carry a gun -- Wanna live here, cutie?
Navier leans over the stainless steel sink.  "Are you tired?" asks Bar Lady.  "A little," he admits.  "Go home and come back tomorrow. The job is yours if you want it.  "I don't have a home," he tells her.  If she lets him stay there, he'll work for food and lodging.  "There's only a mattress..."  That's fine with Mr. Díaz.  Bar Lady hesitates, but then agrees.  She tells him there's a bathroom in the back -- it's not the most comfortable, but it serves the purpose.

Bar Lady starts to walk away and then, thinking better of it, turns back and says:  "Tell me something -- are you on the run from the police?"  Navier recalls his escape (overpowering the doctor, shocking the guard, stealing his clothes and using his finger to get past the digital sensors).  He answers simply "No sé."

And the divorce decree comes with six month's membership in EHarmony...
Victor shows up at Esmeeth's apartment carrying a large envelope.  "¡Tú!" says Reina.  He smiles and asks if she was expecting his brother. Has she seen him?  She spends every night of her life waiting for Navier, she tells him.  

Of course she does.  WellVictor has brought her the divorce papers.  Legally, she is no longer his wife.  "Thank God," says Reina, accepting the envelope." 

"Well, see you around!"  Victor is on his way out and then turns to deliver one final slap. "You know what?  You ought to stop waiting for him because he's already dead.  I killed him myself."

Night in the bar kitchen.  Navier hears a noise.  He approaches it, gun drawn.

"You're lying.  I feel that Javier is alive.  I feel it in my skin and in my heart, in my body."

I'm from Missouri - or- Dueling Platitudes
"Pero ojos que no ven..." begins Victor. ("...corazón que no siente -- Out of sight, out of mind.") Exactly, says Reina.  Until she sees it with her own eyes, she's not going to believe it.  And she knows he didn't kill Navier because if he had, he would have brought her his dead body because that's how Victor is.  "I'm not as bad as you think."  Besides, if he displayed the body in public, he'd get arrested. He's not such a fool.  He's just letting her in on a secret so she doesn't waste her life.  She should take advantage of it -- she's a young and beautiful woman.  And she's free!

"I'm not free and I never will be. I'm tied to him for life."  "Very touching," says Victor.  Does she want to hear how he killed him?  So she can picture it?"

"Get out!"

"I had him chained to a bed for three days.  Without food.  But just so you don't think I'm such a bad person -- they did use a bit of cotton to wet his lips." 

"Go!"

"On the fourth day, when he was completely debilitated, I invited him to fight me like a man.  Of course I won.  I ended up killing him with my bare hands -- I beat him to death (golpe a golpe)."  Reina literally pushes him out the door, telling him she never wants to see him again.  "Golpe a golpe," he repeats.

"I know you're alive, you can't be dead." Reina repeats the comforting mantra.  When Asunción asks her what happened, she tells her that Victor was just telling her a bunch of lies.  She knows Navier is alive.  She doesn't care if the whole world says otherwise -- she's going to wait for him!  She's going to wait for her love!  She and Asunción hug.

My Hero!
Three guys have overpowered Bar Lady and dragged her inside¡Suéltenme! she cries, remembering she is in a telenovela.  "So you were going to leave without giving us our money," says a big guy.  "I'll pay you!  I just need a little more time!"  They empty out the cash register.  It's not enough, says the big goon.  They need more.  They'll have to get their payback their own way.  All three creeps begin to paw at and attack Bar Lady.  

"Stop!  Let her go or I'll kill you!"  It is Navier, eye steady, gun trained on the passel of goons.

End of episode 132 at 32"





Labels: ,


Comments:
Here we go, Anita!
 

Whew! I thought our fearless leaders had abandoned this ship of fools (Telemundo, not Reina).
 

Goodness no! We're here and we have tiaras and life jackets for all!
 

Thank you for starting our new page. I have watched #132, dieting which my beanie fell off, and I've got a lot of comments. LOL
 

During...... Not dieting. $&@#%! autocorrect is my enema!
 

No, certainly not dieting, not at this time of year. And yes, it was a pip of an episode -- and, of course, there was barely a trace of it in the piddly little bit that aired.

(We finally find out something about the elusive Pedro Ortíz, but we have to tune up our ear trumpet to do so!)
 

Well I missed any reference to Pedro O, ( shall we call him P.O.? Ear trumpet indeed. I need hearing aids and am too cheap to $pend the $$$$
 

Doris,

The PO reference is buried in the middle of the episode in the scene after Christian shows up at the Atelier and tells Connie that he doesn't believe in ghosts...

Reina notices that something is troubling Moto and she encourages her to confide in her, saying that Moto was there for her through the tough times...including the EXHUMATION OF HER FATHER'S BODY which showed he hadn't committed suicide, but, in fact, was MURDERED!

Then Moto reveals that she has known the identity of Greta's parents for the past 5 months but hasn't told Laz because it would endanger his life.
 

The Pedro Ortíz reference was really a throwaway line. I really got the feeling in the last couple of episodes that the story was being rapidly condensed to fit into the remaining episodes. I think the whole Navier amnesia thing was intended to go on much longer.
 

Definitely a throwaway line, Jean. Good for the writers for their attempt to tie up the loose ends as best they could (a lot of good it did their American audience though).

Yes, there is a breathless feeling to these episodes, even when we see what was shown in Mexico.
 

" I think the whole Navier amnesia thing was intended to go on much longer. "
I'm glad it did not, or that would have driven us all crazy. Instead we got "despuesed" with all of five months. And in those five months, one would think someone would have followed Victor to the lab, or even the CIA might have located Javier. And I was sitting there thinking, "Really?"
 

LOL moment was when DocMoto had to pull a hair out of a sleeping Laz’s head for a DNA test? Really? (no brush or comb? or shower drain?)
 

Ha! I thought the same thing about the hair pulling, Doris! I've seen people (on TV anyway) get DNA results from a cup someone drank out of, too.
 

Listen, folks. Since we haven't heard from Caroline, I'm going to go ahead and post episode 132 up in the main window. (It's just so much easier to format it that way!)

If Caroline has her version written, I hope she will add it too!

RECAP FOR 132 WILL APPEAR ABOVE IN THE ORIGINAL POST!
 

Okay, it's up!
 

Super fantastic recap, NovelaMaven. Thanks so much for giving us a recap to comment on. What an episode!

So are we going to call Estefi's new attendant "López 3.0?"

So Mystery hooded person who came and killed Dr. Toledo was López 3.0 or some other confederate of Estefi. Do we have any idea why Estefi wanted Dr. Toledo dead?

I thought it was interesting that Navier was so hungry when he escaped and the fantasy death of Navier that Victor described to Reina. Can we assume that Victor was withholding food from Navier. Maybe we see more in a flashback when Navier remembers what Vic did to him.


 

Thanks, Jean! Yes, definitely, this is López 3.0.

I don't think he's the hooded figure though, or if he is, then he is working against her (well, when you think about it, who isn't?)

I think Estefi wanted Dr. Toledo killed so she could steal back Navier. It wasn't anything personal -- not worth a suture or anything.

Yes, Navier's hunger was impressive. I assume Victor was giving him only enough nutrients to keep him alive. He definitely wanted Navier to be weak.
 

NovelaMaven - Thank you for the recap, snark, and again the ever-so-clever subtitles.

” "Oh God," says Reina, running her fingers through her glorious hair -- hair which never disappoints, no matter what else is happening.” Luuurrrrved that one.

Thank you for giving the Bruno Díaz/Batman connection. I didn't know about that.

Javier has been basically comatose for five months (note: 5 months = veinte(!) semanas. What is it with “veinte” anything in telenovelas? But I digress . . . ) and probably somewhat undernourished, yet he still has the strength and muscle tone to strangle some guy to death? Really? PHooey on that plot device.

I’m surprised the hooded Grim Reaper didn’t come back and finish off Navier. Was he out of the loop re: the new lab location? Didn't get the email?

Apparently Victor never went to the new lab, because the CIA would be following him, of course. Right?

And it looks like Connie regained her memory, since she remembers Isidro and is in mourning. That seemed like a throwaway line and event!

Victor is going thru right-hand-man Security guys like Murphy Brown went thru secretaries.

We now have Lopez v3.0 a new Dr. Toledo v3.0. Do they know this telenovela is almost over and they’re in it for the short run?


DocMoto’s low-cut trousers must have required a full Brazilian wax job. Owies.
 

You're welcome, Doris! As usual, you manage to crack me up with your comments:

Victor is going thru right-hand-man Security guys like Murphy Brown went thru secretaries.
Thanks for reminding me of that wickedly funny show!

DocMoto’s low-cut trousers must have required a full Brazilian wax job. Owies.
Snort! It's a good thing she's so fair. Some of the morenas would have a real problem!

I believe that Connie DID regain her memory, although she had nothing useful to say.

The Grim Reaper would have been out of the loop if he was working for Estefi since she didn't know where the new lab was located.

We know Victor was at the new place at least once (in the first scene of the episode). Maybe after that, he controlled everything from afar, knowing that he was being followed.
 

NM--Wonderful last minute recap. I take it the lines in RED were the only parts they showed. Talk about Minimalism (See Klein's 1962 Monochrome painting). What a whack job we got.

Doris and NM--
The grim reaper was not there to kill Javier, but to rescue him from Victor at the PHoo lab for Stefi.

One or two episodes ago, Stefi got a phone call and she told the person "he" (and I use the term loosely, so I don't have to keep typing he/she all the time) didn't follow orders. He was to get Javier away from the lab. (He shot Dr. Toledo, but Javier was gone.)

Oh, and much appreciated the Murphy Brown reference, too. I watch my DVDs every once in awhile (for the Washington, DC connection). In the latter years it was a strain to buy into the story lines. (Hmmm, sort of like what happened to Reina in 5.0 months--maybe each month is equivalent to a couple of years of Murphy--but her hair looked great, too).

Yes, Lopez is now 3.0, but there was only ever one Dr. Toledo (see Body Count or Cap. 131).

Brilliant comment, NM " I believe that Connie DID regain her memory, although she had nothing useful to say."

 

Yes, Connie got her memory back on last Friday's episode thanks to Dra Moto's magic potion(which didn't work on Reina). I don't know how Connie knows that Izzy was dead unless Cobra, Vic or Estefi told her OR unless she believes that Izzy must be dead since otherwise he would have come to her. We know that Estefi told Susana that Izzy had gone out of town.
 

Anita said:
Doris and NM--
The grim reaper was not there to kill Javier, but to rescue him from Anita wrote Victor at the PHoo lab for Stefi.

One or two episodes ago, Stefi got a phone call and she told the person "he" (and I use the term loosely, so I don't have to keep typing he/she all the time) didn't follow orders. He was to get Javier away from the lab. (He shot Dr. Toledo, but Javier was gone.)


NovelaMaven's recap said:

"No, I won't deny it," she answers. "I had an accomplice. But Javier wasn't there." Mauro smirks. "Your accomplice lied. Bolivar was there. Strange, isn't it?"


Something is weird here. The grim reaper definitely ignored Navier at the lab while killing Dr Toledo. Stefi did yell at someone for not finding Navier. MM knew that the grim reaper had been at the lab and had ignored Navier. I think we have to assume that Estefi has an accomplice other than MM, and that accomplice betrayed her.

 

"I believe that Connie DID regain her memory, although she had nothing useful to say."
And we know that will have involved a lot of words to say nothing useful.

How convenient that PFGELS happened to be walking down that dark alley and come upon Izzy! Because, really, who walks down dark Las Vegas alleys???

Anita - I lost interest in Murphy Brown a year or so after they jumped the shark and she had that child, but the labor & delivery scenes were hysterically funny. (poor Miles!)
 

Are we sure that FELS found Izzy by accident? Because I thought that Estefi must have called him.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Jean - it would make sense that finding Izzy was not a random event. Why would she have called FELS after stabbing Izzy in the back? Well, other than being BSC...
 

"We suspect that pudgy ORBO may have an edge."
I have a feeling ORBO will play a part in bringing justice to our story. He knows who the baddies are, so I want to believe that he is biding his time.
 

I think Estefi would have called FELS because Izzy gave her the information she wanted in exchange for his life. She did stab him but maybe she knew it wouldn't be fatal (and it wasn't). And she should have been at least a little grateful that he didn't kill Greta's baby.

 

Picasso couldn't have found Izzy by chance, but it's not clear yet who tipped him off. He might have been following Estefi or she might have called him. Maybe we'll find out in some random aside :)
 


I didn't give full appreciation to your great titles, NovelaMaven. I particularly liked:

CIA, room of screens, doubts and recriminations


It's time to say no to drugs!


Let's see: You're a strange man who mugged me and you carry a gun -- Wanna live here, cutie?

and my favorite:

And the divorce decree comes with six month's membership in EHarmony...

 

I'm only following on here now, can't deal with the loco episodios, even with my wine drinking game (take a sip every time Reina tosses her hair or Susannah cries)
So, is Izzy dead, or what?

~ Clarita's Pencilcase
 

Dear Clarita's Pencilcase,

The answer to your question (and so much more!) can be found in the recap of episode 133!

It's a good thing the novela is ending or your game could be the start of serious trouble. The broadcast version seems to have edited out nearly everything but the hair-tossing Garnier plugs and the shiny Kia's.

Jean, you are too kind!
 

RECAP OF 133 HAS BEEN POSTED ON A NEW PAGE... because why the hell not?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder