Monday, December 08, 2014

TELEMUNDO Y MENOS: Reina de Corazones, Project Chapter a Day, Monday, Dec. 8 - 137: Countdown to the Gran Fin.

We are down to the final four episodes, my dear Reinamaniacs.  From what I can tell, we are now seeing the episodes as they were aired in Mexico.  These last shows do bounce along rather breathlessly and in places they are pretty choppy, with some startlingly ragged transitions from one scene to the next.  So strap on your beanies and hold on tight -- we'll get through this together!

Monday, December 8, 2014, Episode 137 (originally broadcast in the United States on Nov. 25, 2014)

Screen shots courtesy of Jean the Magnificent!

In which:
Reina discovers the root of Estefanía's thirst for vengeance;
Victor learns the truth about the baby switcheroo;
Navier saves his life by playing possum;
And Estefi reveals a secret ally!

Parking ramp -- Oh no!!  Not again!
Navier slumps down unconscious in the front seat as his car fills with fumes.  


An ambulance appears out of nowhere.  Picasso and Izzy, both wearing EMT uniforms with little American flags on the sleeves, hurry to Navier's rescue.  The two men lift Navier's limp body onto a stretcher and into the waiting ambulance.

De Rosas Mansion, The Study
Reina stands before Victor.   Her cheeks are wet with tears.  "You ruined my life," she says.  "I hate you so much."

"That's a shame," replies Victor unctuously, "because I love you so very much..."

"Don't talk about love, you bastard -- you don't know what love is!"

I know something about love... oh, and also about killing.
Victor is offended.  "I know more about love than anyone!  Get out of my house!  Go weep for your dead in some corner!"

Something snaps in Reina.  She screams, picks up a letter opener from the desk and lunges at him.  "I'm going to KILL you!"  They struggle. Victor easily immobilizes her, pinning the back of her body tightly against his chest.  "You're not killing anyone!"  He puts the point of the weapon at her throat.  "Killing me won't bring you peace.  Killing is like a drug -- it's an addiction you can't kick and you want more and more and more.  La sangre sólo pide sangre.  (Blood only seeks blood).  

He loosens his grip and Reina crouches at his feet, as if her body can no longer hold itself upright.  Victor stands tall.  He tugs on his black jacket, straightening it.

The apartment: I love him, he loves me not...
Moto has packed up Laz's bags.  They've done their talking and now they both need a little time and a little space.  Agatha is more his than hers, though Moto will always love her. Laz says he wasn't expecting this.  Román is going to be very sad when he hears about their separation -- he loves Moto.  "And I love him (lo quiero)," she says.  "But this is for the best -- because I love you (te amo) and you don't love me.  And you're not going to love me either.  We both know it.  There's nothing more to say."

Laz leaves the apartment, laden with his bags and pushing Agatha in her pram.  He is off to pick up Román from school. 

Remember when there were no cell phones?

Dra Moto calls PELS
As soon as Laz is out the door, Moto makes the call.  "I'm alone now," she says. "Did everything go well?"

We see Picasso on the other end, in the ambulance and looking down at the still unconscious Navier.  "Perfectly," he assures her.

Esmeeth calls PELS
Meanwhile Esmeeth is in the Room of Many Screens leaving a frantic message for Picasso.  She can't find a trace of Navier anywhere.

Reina calls Esmeeth
Reina, calling from a car, repeats what Victor has told her:  that the CIA is going to kill Navier and that he [Victor] has immunity.  In the course of the conversation, Esmeeth is searching the CIA computer archives.  She realizes that the damning evidence against Victor is missing from the system.  Oh no!

Reina says they'll figure something out. She's on her way to see Esmeeth right now.  Then she notices that the car isn't headed to CIA headquarters.  She leans forward and tells the driver he's going in the wrong direction.  

That's the last time I use Über!
Only now do we see who is at the wheel: It's López 3.0!  With an ominous click, he locks the doors of the vehicle and tells her she's the one who has it wrong.  "I don't know if they're going to kill Navier," he says, "but I have no doubt they're going to kill you."  He slams shut the partition between front and back seats and laughs as she freaks out in the back.

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Izzy and Picasso wheel the stretcher into Moto's apartment with Navier completely concealed under a white sheet.  [The astute viewer will have noted that Navier, who is wearing plaid, is the only one without a flag on his shirt. This should not, however, lead us to question Navier's patriotism.]  When Izzy pulls the sheet away from Navier's face and makes a lame joke (Will the autopsy be done here?), Moto and PELS give him a "I'm going to pretend you didn't just fart" look.  

"Louis CK you're not, Izzy."

PELS confirms that the team is ready to go.

Hospital: We'd like you to look at a DocSicle we found.
Christian puts on his sensitive face.  "As a matter of fact," he tells Dr. Corrupto, "we found a body that meets the description of your wife."  Does that mean his wife is dead?  It's possible.  Corrupto will have to come with Christian to identify her.

CIA Office -- Fortunately, Picasso has experience with Women on the Verge on a Nervous Breakdown (having from time to time driven them there himself)
Esmeeth screams in Picasso's face: "You're a damned murderer!  You had Javier killed!  You had his tracking devices deactivated because he wasn't useful to you anymore!"

Picasso stands quietly -- perhaps so we can appreciate the fact that the suit he is wearing today fits him rather well -- and allows Esmeeth to finish her rant.  "With or without his memory, he was my son!  How could you do that to me?"

"I always do what I am supposed to do," he says simply.  "Always."

Is the morgue so full that the dead must room with Creamsicles and Drumsticks?  
Christian leads Doc Corrupto into an ice cream warehouse.  The doc is puzzled by his surroundings and wonders why there are no police officers around.  Christian flashes his badge and gun reassuringly and leads the man into the walk-in freezer.  Then Corrupto sees his wife's body sprawled on the ground, obviously frozen and obviously dead.  "It's her!" he sobs.  "It's her, Inspector!"  The doc turns just in time to see Christian pull the heavy door shut, locking him inside.

Killing Time

I killed her!
Doc Corrupto hears a noise.  "Who's there?" he cries.  Then he sees Victor.  "Yes, it's your wife," Victor tells the poor fool, "and I killed her."

Are you going to kill him?
Izzy watches Moto inject a drug into Navier's IV.  "What if it fails?" he asks.  "Are they going to kill him?" 

She said she was going to kill us!
The doc understands, really he does.  But the crazy lady made them do it.  She was going to kill them if they didn't.

Wait! You want Cherry Garcia?  I know Ben and Jerry personally!


 Now the chubby doc has Victor's attention!  He presses on: "I swear I can get your son back to you.  He's a strong, healthy boy.  A DNA test will show that the child is yours, not the crazy lady's!"

"My son is alive?"

The Sins of the Father
Reina tries to stand, then realizes she is handcuffed to a chair.  Duct tape covers her mouth.  She turns her head, her glossy ebony mane flying, at the sound of a door opening.  The camera angle widens.  We see that Reina is in the Doll Room and BSC Estefi has just joined her there.  

"I'm going to enjoy your end," says Estefi.  Lento, doloroso (here she tears the tape off Reina's mouth), pausado, agónico.  (Slow, painful, deliberate, agonizing).


The Reina Doll -- not sold in stores!

Reina finally understands.  "You're the one responsible for everything I suffered all these years?  Why?  What did I ever do to you?"

Estefi admits it.  She was the one who tried to drive Reina to suicide, to madness -- she wants her dead and buried, rotting underground, eaten by worms.  She wants Reina to end up like her [Estefi's] parents -- in a bloodbath, victims of a ruthless killer... (and here she screams right into Reina's face) YOUR FATHER, Reina Ortiz, YOUR FATHER!

"I had a family -- my parents, my brother -- and your father showed no pity for them or for anyone else in that house.  They all died!  The bodyguards, the servants, my nanny... the nanny I loved so much, who taught me to love my dolls... because I was like a daughter to her.  And it all ended in a moment because of YOUR FATHER."

That's no reason to take away my styling mousse, you fiend!


Reina refuses to believe the story.  "It's not true."  But Estefi assures her it is -- she saw it with her own eyes.

Flashback:  The massacre of the Pérez family while little Estefi hides among her dolls.  The burly killer removes his ski mask and shows his face.

"There are things a child never forgets.  Your father's face was burned into my memory and I swore vengeance.  And you, Reina -- you were part of the end of my vengeance."

Once again, Estefi leans close to Reina.  In a low voice this time, she says that Reina's blood will be spilled to honor the blood of her dead.

If I had known that, I would have really killed her!
"So Estefi's son was stillborn," says Victor in a deceptively mild voice.  "And mine is alive.  So you and your wife switched babies."

That's what happened, agrees the doc.  "That's why you killed her, right?"  [His indifference to his wife's death is impressive, at this point.]

"Not at all.  Si hubiera sabido todo esto, la hubiera hecho sufrir muchísimo.  (If I had known all that, I would have made her suffer a great deal.) You have no idea how much I wanted a son."

Victor was suffering for the baby of his brother -- his worst enemy, the person he most despises -- and all thanks to Corrupto and his stupid wife!

Chubby doc looks like he's sweating despite the freezing temperature, but he hasn't given up hope.  He can fix this for Victor and make him happy.

He's right, says Victor, embracing Doc Corrupto and unfastening the Injecto-Death 3000 behind the man's back.  

Let's hug it out!

"Thank you -- that's the best news I've ever gotten in my life. Late."  Victor presses the ID against Corrupto's neck.  The man winces and falls to the floor.  Flanked by the dead bodies of Dr. and Dra Corrupto, Victor smiles and raises his fists in victory.  "My son is alive!"

Cool!


Esmeeth's son is also alive
Navier opens his eyes.  "What happened?"  Moto tells him he is sedated.  He'll be well soon.  For now, he should try to stay calm.  Izzy looks on and says nothing.

Navier begins to hyperventilate.  "Where am I?  What do you want from me?  Why can't I move?  Stop the games.  If you're going to kill me, do it now!"

Moto places a comforting hand on his shoulder.  To the rest of the world, he is already dead, she tells him.

Unfortunately, the rest of the world includes his mother...
"Murderers!" cries Esmeeth in the vestibule of the CIA.  She devoted her whole life to this agency.  And for what?  So they could let a damned criminal like Victor De Rosas go free and they could kill a good and just man like Navier?  Picasso begs her to calm down and think for a moment.

She says there's nothing to think about.  He can't understand because he doesn't have children.  Maybe God made him sterile for a reason! [Ouch!]  He has no heart and he's not capable of loving a child, but she is... and she had to abandon that child in a church. It wasn't because she was heartless.  She did it to save him.  She wept for that son every day of her life; and when she finally was able to bring him back to her, thinking she was doing something good for him, she ends up killing him!

"It's my fault," she says miserably.  "But all the rest of you are at fault too... For years, I had to deny a son who was alive, and now, for the rest of my life, I'll have to weep for a son who is dead.  Thanks a lot, Patricio!"

Picasso stands by silently and lets her get it all out.

Your father was a beast!
Estefi continues to tell Reina the true story of Pedro Ortiz.  "Your father was a hitman.  He had a double life.   In the eyes of the world, he was a good dad, an exemplary husband, a fine man, but for the traffickers, he was the hitman who never failed.  He would kill anyone or anything -- women, children, animals."

Flashback:  Several scenes of Pedro Ortiz coolly spilling the blood of his victims as Estefi's voice continues:  

"He was a wild animal, a beast, a man with ice in his veins, incapable of compassion..."

"You're lying!" cries Reina.  "My dad wasn't like that!"

"You're so naïve," Estefi tells her.  "Hugo, the merciless, the bloodthirsty -- that's who your father was!"  She circles Reina as a predator does its prey and she continues the story.  "One day,"  -- she pokes Reina in the head -- "he was given the job of killing the Coyote, Gregorio Pérez -- my father.

"Your father didn't hesitate." (We see a big paw of a hand wearing a black signet ring; the hand pins up a photo of a young family.)  "He must have followed his victim."  (We see the family walking outside in a lovely garden.  The killer stalks them and makes his plans.)

"After he killed the Coyote -- my father -- he went to the house of my father's lover and shot her too, leaving her for dead.  Do you know who that woman was?  It was your mother!  Her name wasn't Asunción back then.  And she was still the killer's wife."

Flashback:  A younger Asunción lies in bed awaiting her lover.  Instead of Gregorio, it is a masked killer who enters her bedroom and shoots her.  When he removes his mask, we see it is Pedro Hugo Ortiz.  In a bizarre reflex, he crosses himself with his gun.

"That was when Hugo found out that the woman was your mother... and you already know the rest of the story."

Reina says she does know the story, but she is innocent.  "I'm also innocent," shrieks Estefi.  "But the very blood in your veins is cursed because you are the only one he ever really loved in his life."

Izzy Reflects on Life's Ironies
All those times he ordered Navier's death and here he is taking care of him.  The doctor asked him to look after Navier and that's what he'll do. "Many times, I was the one who ordered them to give you the drug, I ordered your torture, your death..."  

Izzy seems oblivious to Navier's reaction to his stroll down memory lane.  Navier is breathing hard and his eyes are wide with terror.

"... you're hard to kill, Navier," continues Izzy.  "But things are different now.  My love for Connie changed my life completely.  I started writing.  Can you believe that?"

Maybe when this is all over, we could take in a poetry slam together...

Navier still looks wary, but his breathing is, perhaps, a bit less rapid.

"They say writing heals the spirit... and I think I've gone from criminal to poet.  I have a new poem in my head:  

Casi a punto de perderte 
Entre la vida y la muerte 
No he dejado de quererte 
Pero...  

Almost on the point of losing you,
Between life and death,
I haven't stopped loving you
But...
[ISBIS-BNM It sounds better in Spanish, But Not Much.]

Izzy breaks off here.  He thinks he has a copy of it written down in his bag.  

When Izzy steps away from Navier's side, we see a shadow pass outside the translucent glass door.  The door opens, but Izzy is quick on the draw.  He brings down the black-clad figure with a single shot.

"He was going to kill me!" gasps Navier.  Me di cuenta (I realized that, I got that) says Izzy.  He pulls off the man's mask and then checks his wallet.  He finds his CIA credentials.  He was an agent.  "The CIA wants you dead, Bolívar -- and believe or not, I was able to stop them."

Las Vegas aerial view indicating the passage of hours. 
Whish whish whish...

PELS and Moto are back in the apartment.  Picasso tells Navier he should thank Izzy for saving his life.  The dead man, Agent Ramallo, is still lying on the floor.  Moto says they need to clear out or Navier will get killed.

"Do you guys really want to save me?" asks Navier.  "Wake up!" answers Picasso.  "Of course we want to save you!  Get better!  If you don't, we'll all end up dead!"

Navier looks at PELS.  "I trust you," he tells him.  Then he puts his hand over Moto's.  "Heal me," he implores.  She nods.

The Doll Room -- Everybody Loved Reina
"I was a little girl, just like you," says Reina.  Estefi shouts back that Reina wasn't a girl like her.  While Reina's father was dressing up as a clown for her birthday party, Estefi was going from one orphanage to another or wandering the streets begging for food, or picking through the garbage, or screwing disgusting johns -- all with one end in mind: vengeance!

When she met Artemio and became his girlfriend, she was able to find her father's murderer:  Pedro Hugo Ortiz (PHO), the father of Reina Ortiz.

Flashback:  Estefi calls PHO, who is evidently working as a plumber at this point, and asks him to fix a leak in her kitchen.  She seduces him.  He falls for her, and ultimately becomes obsessed with her.


Really?  I just adore Pre-Columbian art!
  
One day she gives him the test: "Tell me I'm the woman you love most in the world," she demands as they lie in bed together.  But he is silent.  "I knew it," she says.  "I knew I wasn't your Reina."

Present:  Estefi is brushing Reina's hair, as if Reina were one of her dolls.  "You were always the Reina of all my men," Estefi says.  "You were the Reina of Victor..."  She gathers up one side of Reina's hair in a sparkly pink scrunchie.  


Beauty School Drop-out


"The Reina of Navier..."  She works on the other side, this time with a green scrunchie.  "Navier loves you, he idolizes you, he venerates you..."

Baiting the Bear: Part I
"Yes," Reina agrees quietly.  "He loves me as he is never going to love you."  Estefi lets out a scream and goes for Reina's throat.

Miss Estefanía Regrets...
López 3.0 tries to turn Victor away at the door.  The Señora isn't receiving today.    Victor believes she is.

Baiting the Bear: Part II
Apparently, Estefi has backed off while we weren't watching.  Reina is still defiant.  Estefi will never have Navier because he loves Reina.  Their love is stronger than anything -- than memory loss, than drugs, than death, than all Estefi's attempts to separate them.  What does she have to say to that?

Grrrrrrrr!  This time Estefi goes for the chokehold in earnest.

Downstairs, López 3.0 seems to be paving the way for López 4.0.  Victor will see Estefi over his dead body, he says.  Okie dokie, says Victor, smoothly pulling out his gun and plugging him one.

Upstairs, Estefi is so startled by the noise of the shot that she stops throttling Reina.

"Where is my son?" Victor shouts.  López 3.0 is alive, but Victor figures he's not going talk.  He tells his two goons (a couple of NotIzzy's who have appeared out of nowhere) to take him away.

It was the Crazy Lady, in the Doll Room, with the Candlestick.
Victor calls out to Estefi that he has come for his son.  Reina hears him and shouts for help.  Estefi puts her hand over Reina's mouth and hollers for López.  


Can I get back to you?  I'm crazy busy right now!

Reina cries out again.  Estefi quickly tapes her mouth shut.  Then, for good measure, she knocks her out by a vicious blow to the head with a candlestick.

Estefi leaves the doll room to investigate.  She heads down the stairs wailing LÓPEZ and walks right into Victor's ambush.  He puts his gun to her head and demands the return of the son she stole from him.


I believe you have something that belongs to me!

"You stole Greta from me!" she retorts.  "But Greta was my daughter too," he says.  Either he gets back his son right now or he'll blow her head off!

¡Estoy embarazada!
Susana arrives with some exciting news for Juanjo.  "You're going to be a father."  Juanjo's face lights up with joy.

Can't you give me something stronger, doc?
Moto says they are going to move Navier tonight.  They are protected, they are all armed...  Navier says he isn't armed.  He's not in condition to use a weapon, Moto tells him.  Navier asks her why he doesn't remember anything.  Isn't there something stronger she can give him?  She tells him to be patient.  His nerves are working against him.

He wants to see Reina.  He doesn't know why, but he can't stop thinking about her.  Moto agrees to look for her.  Reina's love can save him, she says, just as his love can save her.

Wishful Thinking or Delusion?
Estefi and Victor walk down the stairs, Estefi holding a blue bundle in her arms.  She continues to insist that the baby is hers.  She had such hopes.  She was going to live all the things she missed with Greta -- because of Victor!

"Don't be stupid!  Your baby was stillborn.  He's waiting for you in the morgue so you can bury him."

"No, this is my baby!  And I'm so tired of losing everything I love!"

"So I'm going to have to kill you, right?"  He points his gun at her head again.

Picasso to the Rescue
But now another man with a gun is in the picture.
Picasso points his weapon at Victor.  "Lower your gun or I'll blow your brains out."


Did YOU invite this jerk?

"He's my son," Victor tells PELS.  "She switched babies.  I want her to give him back to me."

"I'm not going to give him up," says Estefi.  "Go ahead and kill me!"

Picasso again orders Victor to lower his gun.  No one wants the baby to get hurt and this isn't something to be settled with bullets.  Victor agrees -- but he wants his son back.

PELS tells Estefi to give Victor his son.  Her own child doesn't deserve being replaced by another.  She has to accept the reality, and love and honor her own baby's memory.   She sobbingly allows PELS to take the child.  PELS passes him to Victor.  

PELS says he will take care of the paperwork.  "This never happened," he says.

Esmeeth's Apartment - Ignorance is definitely not bliss
Asunción tells Esmeeth that Reina hasn't come home.  Esmeeth hasn't seen Reina either.  Patricio isn't answering Asunción's calls.  ORBO -- who has insinuated himself among the women --  says he wasn't able to find out anything either.  Esmeeth admits she is feeling desperate too.  It was Asunción's son Patricio who ordered her son Navier to be killed!

So you couldn't name him, say, Cody or Jerry?
Victor pushes the bassinet into Cobra's hospital room and tells her about the baby switch. "Estefanía will have her little angel in heaven, and we'll have our little devil here on earth."


Aw!  He has your fangs and my talons!

Cobra cradles the baby in her arms and gazes at him with adoration.  They'll name him Nerón, says Victor.  "May he be as murderous and bloodthirsty as his namesake, the Roman emperor."

Never assume a Dragon can't hear you.
Navier appears to be dozing.  Moto whispers to Izzy that she has one last treatment option, but it's very risky. Reina may be in danger and Navier could be the only one who can save her."

Navier's eyes are open.  We know he has heard the whole conversation.


I hope they order the Hot and Sour soup this time...

Reina is still tied up 
She is bound to a different chair in a different place. Estefi holds what looks like a Cabbage Patch baby in her arms.  She explains that she had to move Reina to make sure no one would find her.

Shhhhh!  Don't wake up the Dragon!
"What does this drug do?" asks Izzy.  Moto signals to Izzy to step away from the bedside.  She is afraid he will wake up Navier.

Moto and Izzy step into the next room.  "That drug may make him recover his memory, but his heart may not withstand it."

Another player at the table?
Reina protests.  "Let me go, maldita loca!"  Estefi agrees that she is probably crazy after everything she has been through.  But there is something that Reina has to know.  In this poker game, Estefi isn't the only player.  She isn't the only victim of Reina's disgusting father.  "There were more innocent people who suffered because of your father.  Like him!"

Cue the entrance of the Worst Cop in Las Vegas
Christian Palacios walks down the stairs and joins BSC Estefi and her prisoner.

It's a very dangerous drug!
"There is a high incidence of heart failure associated with this drug," Moto explains.  In a matter of seconds, the heart can stop.

In the front room, Navier reaches for the loaded syringe on the table.

"And it can also cause general paralysis, immediately or some time later."


And I thought it was just a Pez dispenser!

Navier rolls up his sleeve...

¡No puede ser!
Reina stares at Christian.  ¿Tú?  "That's right, Reina," says Christian, grinning diabolically.  Yo.


Bachelor #1 or Bachelor #2?
Navier stabs the syringe into his arm and depresses the plunger.

To be continued tomorrow...

Labels: ,


Comments:
My oh my - a recap as wild and crazy as the capítulo. You have outdone yourself. I'd have to copy pracically the entire thing to show my favorites. And to think you didn't know how to put captions on pictures!!

That's the last time I use Über!
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Hospital: We'd like you to look at a DocSicle we found.


and my favorite:

So you couldn't name him, say, Cody or Jerry?

I just loved the scene where Izzy is blithely telling Navier about all the time he tried to kill him and poor Navier, who can't move and doesn't know that Izzy has given up crime and become a poet, is terrified.

I was happy to provide the pictures. They aren't the best because I have to take them from the moving video but they give the flavor of the silliness.

 

NovelaMaven - OMG what an episode! What a recap! Your section titles and screen caps had me guffawing; they have rivaled Mauricio's (take that as a compliment, both of you!) and are more fun than the episode, itself.

While they are all snarky and LOL, my favs are:
” That's the last time I use Über!”
” Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid”
” Beauty School Drop-out”
and the one that had me almost falling off my chair: ”Maybe when this is all over, we could take in a poetry slam together...”


If I might offer one correction,
to the section that is: ”The apartment: I love him, he loves me not...”
I think you meant to write “'Agatha' is more his than hers….” instead of ‘Greta’ ?


WHY would PFGELS tell Esmeeth that Javier is dead?
 

Jean, you are, as always, much too kind. I'm so glad you provided the pictures. I had a blast coming up with captions for them!

Doris - oops! Thanks for pointing out the error. I just corrected it! And of course I take it as a huge compliment to be compared to Mauricio! Thanks for that!

PELS is trying to protect Navier. We know the higher-ups in the CIA have decided that amnesiac Navier is a liability and they want him dead. PELS, Moto and Izzy have gone underground with Navier and are trying to convince everyone that Navier IS dead. If the CIA thinks he's dead, there's no reason to pursue him. (And that's not even mentioning all the other enemies Navier has.

I suppose PELS et al figure Esmeeth couldn't keep up the pretense. If she knew the truth, she'd give it away. That's a pretty cruel assumption, but it makes for lots of scenes of conflict. And that's the stuff of TN's, right?
 

NovelaMaven- Wow! This was just a brilliant recap. I missed this episode when it came on, but this recap made me feel like I watched it. The truth about Pedro finally comes out. I'm still iffy on the timeline because Stefi has at least 10 years on Reina, and would not have been a cute little tyke at the time Reina was a baby. Whatevs! Finally some of the back story mystery is being solved.
 

Why on earth was Pedro working as a plumber, unless it was his "cover" job? I guess he wasn't a successful criminal.

I can't wait to find out Christian's role in all this. When Stefy was on the phone, planning her nefarious doings, and called her mystery guy "hermanito", I wondered if she had another brother or if it was simply a term of endearment. Must see TV, for sure!
 

It can not be said enough how spectacularly bad Asuncion is at choosing men! A hitman, a drug lord, a murderous diamond trafficker, and now his loony tunes brother.
 

NovelaMaven--I'm so impressed with the freshness and liveliness of the recap, sprinkled with snark, where appropriate!

Since it's almost over, I will post the penultimate Wisdom of The Dragon, regardless of its lack of punch.

 

Doris: I wondered why Pedro was working as a plumber, too. Maybe being a hitman wasn't steady work or more likely the writers needed a quick, easy way for Estefi to meet and seduce him.
 

THE WISDOM OF THE DRAGON
Subtitled: I’m Being Forced to Reveal Who is Making This Up

WEEK TWENTY-ONE – Mon Nov 24 – Fri Dec 5

A Dragon doesn’t make a good experimental drug volunteer.

A Dragon is able to write wonderful letters to his dragona daughter without ever putting pen to paper.

A Dragon works up an appetite after five months on an IV drip.

A Dragon makes an excellent janitor.

A Dragon will work hard to please damsel 2.0 (and eat guilt-free).

A Dragon’s lips (and other things) work even when his mind doesn’t.

A Dragon full of PHoo Juice still knows how to use a computer to do research on himself.

A Dragon trusts no one before or after his memory is erased.

A Dragon belongs to no one, unless he belongs to a damsel.

A Dragon can only belong to one damsel at a time.

A Dragon can be passionate and not considerate at the same time, but passionate is better, no?

A Dragon full of PHoo Juice forgets he’s a ♫Secret Agent Man♫.

 

Thanks Anita and Vivi! Great wisdom, Anita!

So guys, I haven't worked this hard on something for such a small number of readers since I wrote my last paper in grad school. This, however, was a lot more fun to write.
:D
 

NM--People are still reading, just not commenting.

Some have probably started the Fuego look-alike replacement.

But, we few, we happy few, we band of brothers (and sisters) will stick together until the full moon sets for us long after St. Crispin's Day, in Las Vegas.
 

NovelaMaven, excellent excellent recap!

Some of my favorite lines (of the many to choose from) were:

The Reina Doll -- not sold in stores!
Downstairs, López 3.0 seems to be paving the way for López 4.0.
It was the Crazy Lady, in the Doll Room, with the Candlestick.

I did not notice how the 3 rouge CIA agents were wearing the American flag, so thanks for pointing it out. Love the little details like that in this tn. & I'm liking Izzy as one of the good guys, I think he works well within their rouge group.

Vivi, so so true about Asuncion. It has to be some type of record. I never really warmed up towards her, so I would be happy if she stayed in the background with minimal crying done until the end.

As to Pedro being a plumber, I figured that he had retired from the assassin business by that time. He probably only had to work for appearances, and choose something low key with some autonomy.

& Thanks Anita for the Dragon Wisdom, always a fun read!

jlk
 

Anita - thank you for your latest installment of The Wisdom of the Dragon. I cannot choose a favorite because they're all so good.

I watched tonight's episode and can't wait to talk about it. BSC Estefy stole the show. WooHooooo!
 

Christian, not a surprise. They give us plenty of hints. Pedro really dead, not a surprise. He was much to obvious a villan for a writer who admires Christy. But I really enjoyed the reveals anyway.


NovelaMaven, thank you for the brilliant, hilarious, clarifying recap. When I could stop laughing, I realized that I now understand things that I didn'tunderstood when I watching the episode. I love this show, and the recaps are a double dose of greatness from all of the recappers. My thanks to all of you.

Penny
 

Anita, you are right, of course. We knew how it would go when we decided to do this. It is in the nature of recapping a piece of ephemera that now has vanished from the screen. I do appreciate the solidarity!

jlk, how nice of you to stop by! I appreciate your kind words. You know, I had the impression that Pedro Ortiz always had a day job as a cover for his criminal activities -- I just never suspected it was plumbing! (If he lived here and did a decent job, he'd make a bundle and wouldn't even need to be a criminal... except for that pesky bloodlust thing. :D

Penny, thanks so much! We're just diehards holding onto the show we love for the longest possible time! Tonight's episode is also a blast!
 

The Christian reveal was a surprise but ( teaser, NOT a spoiler) the bigger reveal at the end of "tonight's" #138 left me cara de OMG,Ineversawthatonecoming!
 

Finally got around to reading this and figuring out what I missed during the airing, and BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA is all I have to say about this recap. Excellent.

Kelly
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder