Tuesday, January 06, 2015

La Gata #90 1/6/14 La Pelea

We had a little more action tonight. No. Action isn't exactly it. It seemed a little less cut and paste. Here are some bullets. The captions lagged tonight, I didn't pay close attention and I'm doing this from memory.
  • Garabato sees Mariano and asks if he can get some sort of work with La Gata. He and Mariano head over to Fer's.
  • At Fer's Garabato plays the penitent and apologizes for all the harm he did. He even apologizes to Fela for playing keep away with the doll. Fer thinks Garabato could be a good bodyguard or chauffeur. Gata doesn't like that idea. Eventually it's decided that Garabato is just going to hang around Gata's house and be at her beck and call. (I swear that's what it sounded like.)
  • Needless to say, as soon as Garabato can get to a phone he calls Gi and tells her where Esme is living. This is no way to treat Esme. She even gave him money so he could buy chocolate for Ines!
  • Gi goes over to Esme's house and demands that Esme leave town. Esme refuses and beats the stew out of Gi. Unfortunately, Jarocha is there to talk her down. I guess we don't want Esme to go to jail. As Gi leaves she yells at Esme about that stupid contract Pabobo signed and threatens to have him put in jail. If it was explained how the hell that contract could land Pabobo in jail, I didn't catch it. Esme tosses Gi out. Jarocha thinks they should call Mariano. That crap about the contract could get Pabobo in trouble. Outside, Gi makes vague threats to herself about what she's going to do to Esme. I don't even pay attention to these things any more.
  • Esme calls Mariano and he runs right over. Watching him laughing about the fight and Esme trying to get him to take it seriously was a great scene. Lurves me some Mariano. He assures Esme that he has found a way to get Pabobo out of the contract. If it was explained exactly how and what arguments he used, I didn't catch it.
  • The Martinez Negretes are given the keys to the mansion and they move back in.
  • Mariano goes to see Gi and tells her that her days of controlling Pabobo are numbered. Soon Pabobo will be out of that contract.
  • Pabobo comes to Esme's apartment and begs her to forgive him. He's painted a picture of Esme and Leti. He even tells her "It's you and Leti." WTF? Like she couldn't figure it out?
  • Fela is getting really tired of not telling Esme about her parents. Fer again says he wants to wait until Esme and Pabobo have gotten back together. Fer is also afraid that Esme will hate him. Fela offers to tell Esme.
  • Fer goes over to Esme's. Esme has taken Leti to see Lo and Augie so Fer talks to Jarocha. He wants to give Jarocha money to help Esme. Pabobo arrives and holy crap actually makes some sense. He says Esme is a proud woman and doesn't want charity. Until she knows Fer is her dad, she will consider that money charity. It's time for Fer to tell Esme the truth.
  • At the MN mansion, Lo and Esme talk about Augie's animosity. Lo let's it slip that Augie will always hate Esme because he knows who her father is. Lo is just about to suelta that sopa when Mariano arrives. AAARGH!! I lurve you Mariano but WHYYYYY??????
  • Pardon the interruption: Rita and Chacharas are getting married. Oh, not in the Church since I believe Chacharas has been married in the Church before. But Padre hottie is willing to bless the union. Rita wants the dress and padrinos, too. Chacharas wants to know who the padrinos are. Rita says El Silencio and La Gata, but of course they will use their real names: Fernando de la Santa Cruz and Esmeralda de la Santa Cruz. Chacharas is shocked to learn they are father and daughter (And now it's official: everyone EXCEPT Esme knows.)
  • Esme goes to beg Augie to make the effort to tell her who her father is. He thought bubbles. He would if he could. He would love to give away El Sil's secret, but he can't. He can't talk or move. Esme begs, but all Augie can do is move his eyebrows.
  • Fela pushes Fernando: When are they going to tell Esme??? When? When?
Previous: Episode 89
Next: Episode 91

Labels:


Comments:
Diva-Looks like you might get the big reveal episode! I hope the avances monkeys aren't messing with us!
 

Gracias, Sara! Excellent recap! Your frustration with the characters mirrors my own. Also, I agree, the captions were running slow tonight for whatever reason.

You're right on about Garabato's job description. For all her fussing about how Gisela can't know where she is and yelling at Pablo for coming over, Gata's address is starting to be as much of a badly-kept secret as who her parents are. I snickered at Augie wanting to tell her just to mess with Fernando, but now he can't!

I wish Mariano had given *us* more info about how exactly he's getting Pablo out of the contract and *not* said anything to Gisela about it. Sure, it was fun to watch her sputter, but they could have done that AFTER it's all settled.

"He even tells her 'It's you and Leti.' WTF? Like she couldn't figure it out?" Yeah, Leti has a hair barette and Pablito has a hat. The rest of us figured that out ages ago. Give Esme a little credit, Pabs!

Fela's arguments to Fernando about how he's now doing the same thing the kidnappers did--denying her the ability to be a mother--and pointing out that she'd like some time with her daughter before she gets married and moves out (er, moves out again, I guess) were right on...and then he comes back with "But I'm scared!" Seriously, Fernando, you survived 20 years in prison. Don't give me that crap! Hell, man, when Pablo starts making sense, you need to re-evaluate your life decisions!

I'm not going to get too worked up about tomorrow. It's better if I make my mind up now that they're just messing with us and we won't get the actual reveal until Thursday or some random thing will happen to interrupt the big announcement--there'll be a fire or an earthquake or a volcano will erupt in Silencioso's living room or something. If I lower my expectations there's less chance I'll throw something at the TV. I should probably get Mr. 5ft to put my beverage in a flimsy plastic cup and remove all sharp objects from my vicinity, por si acaso.
 

Those scars on Gisela's chest- how did they get there? Did Esme inflict it or did the coyote?
 

Sara, I loved your recap. The tone of it perfectly captures my own sense of malaise. But it was really funny too--thanks!

Okay, Mariano bursts in on Esme and Lo-lo, just as Lo is about to spill the beans about Esme's father. Esme turns to him and says "You know who my father is too, don't you?" Mariano doesn't deny it. Then, instead of wheedling the info out of Mariano, Esme goes in to try her luck with Augie the Mute. Anything wrong with that plan?

By the way, anyone else notice that for the last 3 days Maite has been wearing ballet flats? Did she go to shoe rehab after regaining the ability to walk?

Dang! I was hoping Garabato would dig up some shred of humanity and remember his old friendship with Gata. I still do not get why Ines wants Esme dead...something to do with the jewel heist as I recall but it's pretty vague.

J in Oregon


 

Thanks, Sara. You were great as always, and I agree with all of your WTF observations.

Diva, if you have Mr. 5ft put your adult beverage in a flimsy plastic cup, you may save your television, but you will probably squeeze it in frustration and get stains all over your carpet and couch.

David


 

CS- I don't remember Esme scratching her. Maybe it happened while Esme was choking her. If we are lucky Gi will get cat scratch fever and die.

J- heeey yeah... The jewelry heist is what started it all. (And I'm thinking of the heisting of Lo's jewels.) Didn't Esme find the bag and return them? Is that what set Ines off? Everything is getting muddled in my head. Something gets said or done and then dropped for 10 episodes. Remember when we were wondering about the Dorila/Carrlos connection?
 

Thank you Sara.

"Pabobo comes to Esme's apartment and begs her to forgive him. He's painted a picture of Esme and Leti. He even tells her "It's you and Leti." WTF? Like she couldn't figure it out?" Same hang dog face on him everytime.

JnO, I noticed the flats on Esmeralda, surprised they don't have buckles & straps though

Fernando - mama, leave a light on, there's a monster under the bed

FeBlanca - did I marry a man or a mouse?

Pablo - "Promises made and promises broken
Measures of our demise"

Gisela - Claw Necklace

Garabato - been hitting the gym

Mariano - one day I'll use Pablo's ineptitude to my advantage, but not today

Damien - duh, what's my name again

Rita - "It's a nice day for a white wedding"

Esmeralda - don't you people have your own place?

Hipster twin - I'm in the painting too, see, see, that's the top of my cap

 

Thank you, David! I think you are right about the flimsy nature of plastic cups. I'm sure Kat will come up with a plan.

tofie- another great list as always.

If I may wax analytical- Why does Pabs continue to paint Esme with her dump hair? Is that all he sees in her?
 

Pablo is emotionally stunted at the onset of puberty when his promises to Esmeralda created awe in her and follow through meant just showing up the next day with another promise and a piece of fresh lettuce.
 

Thanks for the recap! Esme hitting Gi was awesome. I so wanted her to kill her. Would have made for a nice turn of events. I could see Mariano helping her dispose of the body.
 

That would have been fun, Carvivilie. I really hope we can get rid of Gi soon, but I fear she is with us to the end.
 

Sara - Thanks for the wonderful recap!

The best part of the night was definitely Esme vs Gisela. I loved the scratch marks in Gisela's chest.

El Sil - Just tell her already she's your daughter! I was surprised when he admitted that the whole "let me clear my name" could have just been an excuse. Finally, he admits it. It was a LAME excuse, El Sil.

Garabato - Shame on you!! She gave you money to buy chocolate for Ines an you give her address to Gisela. Shame on you!!

I too want to know just how Mariano will have the contract revoked.

Let's hope the big real happens tonight.
 

You're welcome, Mauricio!! The fight was awesome!!

I can't wait to see what happens tonight!
 

CS, I really didn't think Esme put those scratches on Gi's chest, but I think they intend for us to think so. I didn't see her hands go any closer than Gi's neck, which was mysteriously unmarked.

J, tofie, I had noticed the flats and I'm glad! Miraculously recovering the ability to walk is one thing...miraculously immediately recovering the ability to do it in stilettos is quite another!

David, Sara, you're right about the plastic cup. I think the only reasonable answer is an IV of tequila.

tofie, I agree with your take on why Pablo's paintings haven't evolved.

Sara, I'm both excited about tonight AND dreading it. Mr. 5ft and I were talking about how there's such a large cast in this that if they wanted to, they could just have a series of medical emergencies interrupt The Big Reveal instead of having Fernando have to keep coming up with stupid excuses. I'm still betting on a volcano erupting in the living room.
 

I'll be rooting for you, Diva! I hope it turns out to be a fun episode.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder