Friday, February 20, 2015

Que Te Perdone Dios #24 Lucio and Macaira have "issues"

Sorry for the late recap but my day got busy! If I miss anything or get something wrong please correct me in the comments section.

Here we go! Warning: Events are not in order

Everyone is devastated by the death of Padre Francisco, especially Renata, he was the person she could confide in and now she has no one, Patricio comforts her and tells her that she has him to lean on and expresses that he loves her, she tells him to stop, as it is not appropriate for them to be talking about their feelings when the Padre has just died.

They all prepare for the funeral, the whole town is there to say goodbye to the poor Padre, I never knew how dangerous being a priest was! Fausto joins the mourners as they are making their way to the cemetery, he has been trying to get everyone to believe that the priest died in a car accident, however one person stands in his way: Detective Barragan. You see, Barragan does not for a second believe that what happened was an accident, and he is asking questions and Fausto is getting worried. He tries to get the current mayor to call off Barragan but he is told that the guy is just doing his job. Barragan for his part continues his investigation into the deaths of the priest and of Pablo.


Macaira and Fausto have a fight. He wants to know if Renata is taking birth control pills in order to put an end to his plot of getting her knocked up. Mac says she thinks Renata is not taking anything and Fausto demands that she find out and replace the pills with something else. Mac wants to know if this means that he plans on sleeping with Reneta again. Rant Alert: WTF. He did not "sleep" with her you stupid fool, he raped her, a blind helpless woman and your biggest concern is that he is not doing you? Seriously? Seriously?! 

Oh but dear patio peeps, it gets worse, way worse. Fausto tries to sell his plan to Mac by telling her that if Renata gets knocked up and something happens to her he and the seed of Satan will inherit everything and he will be very generous to her. She tells him she is not interested, if something happens to Renata all she has to do is get a DNA test on Abigail and then everyone will know that she is a Flores De Angel, aka:an heir to the fortune.

She also tells Fausto that if he knocks up Reneta she will cut the baby out of her. Ok, this woman has serious issues. Fausto tells her that once he finds the gun she has linking him to the murder of Pablo Ramos he will put a bullet in her head. I don't know about you but if someone I had the hots for threatened to shot me in the head I'd run the other way.

Macaira is bat sh*t crazy and  instead of packing a bag and running away what she does is terrorize crazy Constanza. She brings the older woman lunch and tells her to behave. No one is home and she has little patience for her. When Constanza goes to lift the cover off her lunch plate she starts to scream, I can't see what Macaira brought her but I'm thinking it was a dead rat? Crazy wench.

Meliton visits Lucios house and finds the sleeping formula that Padre Francisco was supposed to deliver to him. The wheels start turning and he wants to know when Lucio last saw Francisco. Lucio lies and tells him the padre came to visit him, and then left and had his accident. Meliton ain't buying it and starts to leave with the sleeping potion, Lucio asks him what he's doing, he needs it to sleep! Meliton tells him that the best way to get some sleep is to have a clean conscience and warns Lucio to stay away from him and his home, he is not going to help him with his herbs any more. As someone with chronic sleep issues I almost feel bad for Lucio, but then I remember that he is an evil rat bastard and don't feel so bad after all. I also don't feel bad when Fausto fires him.

It seems like a few folks are meeting up for lunch at Renata's hacienda, Helena and Barragan arrive first and when Renata excuses herself Barragan tries to make friends with Helena, but she's not having it and is in fact rather rude to him, I don't know about you but I smell a romance blooming, provided that Fausto doesn't kill one or both of them. Barragan tries his best with Helena and finally gives up and goes for a walk. A walk that leads him to Lucio's home and he takes the opportunity to ask him if Padre Francisco had any enemies, Lucio's reply is 'I know nothing!"-he's onto you Lucio, and now would be the time to worry!

Macaira finds Lucio in the fields a little bit later and they go back to his house where he tells her that the big boss has fired him. What is he supposed to do? He's lived in the ranch his whole life, he was born there and he knows nothing else, god, for a murderer Lucio is such a big baby! His biggest worry is that he got fired-not about the fact that he's killed two innocent people and helped cover up a third murder. Priorities Lucio!

Mac tells him he should try and blackmail Fausto, but he says he has nothing to blackmail him with, well at least no evidence and that Fausto might just put a bullet in him if he tried to blackmail him. Macaira tells him he should go away and visit his son, that will give Fausto some time to calm down. Lucio tells her the boy has never had an interest in him, he even has his step-fathers last name, no the boy does not care to spend time with him. At the end of the episode we meet Max, Lucio's son when he has a run in at a restaurant with Diana and Tia Mia.

And finally, Abigail and Mateo bump into each other, she wants to know if he is still mad at her and he tells her that he's not. She says he never went by to say good-bye to her before leaving town and he says that he did but she was too busy with Diego (we did not get ANY Diego in this episode and that makes me a sad panda), she tries to explain what happened and he says she does not owe him an explanation, they are both now visibly angry and Abi asks why he went searching for her to ask her if she loved him. He says he was confused, and that he is in love-with Diana.

They then go to have lunch with Renata, Helena and Barragan, lunch is awkward and both Mateo and Abi leave the table.

Join us on Monday when I'm sure Fausto continues to be a rat bastard!

Labels:


Comments:
I missed this - drat and On Demand doesn't have this up yet so I can't contribute anything at this point.

Really looking forward to your recap Eli - they are always fantastic.

Diana

 

Looking forward to the recap.

All I remember is: Mat gave Abi the "I love you like a sister" line and Fausto fired Lucio.
 

Oh and Elena almost got the truth out of Ren that Abi is Ren's daughter. Ren only told her that she lost a child who would've been the same age as Abi. Elena still doesn't know that Mac wasn't involved with Pablo so she's a little surprised/suspicious in thinking Mac and Pablo were a couple.
 

Thanks so much. I'm saving the episode to watch tomorrow. I don't have to watch if I don't want after reading your fine recap. Sorry there was no Diego (and his lashes). :)

So do Fausto really fire Lucio, or is it all a part of their ploy to get Mac to trust him and give him the gun?

Why is Elena being rude to the only good eligible man to show her any attention? Is she really still so hung up on Fausto that she can't picture another man, uhm...taking her for a ride on his horse?

Who's playing Max?
 

That's did Fausto really fire Lucio?


 

I think he really did fire him and as for Helena, once you've been with Fausto things can only look up from there!
 

I was wondering too if Fausto was really serious about firing Lucio. I guess we will find out.

I too missed seeing Diego. I'd take him over Mateo any day.
 

Eli, that was a great summation.

When Mac brought the covered lunch plate to Connie, my brain said "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane." There was a similar lunch in that movie. Hard to tell exactly what it was, but probably a rat.

Sabine Moussier often plays these over-the-top crazy women and she's really working it here.

Sorry we didn't get our share of Diego. Love his eyelashes too.
 

Eli, what a delish recap. Sure was a good read. Yup, I thought that was so weird and awful, Farto warning Macaria that he was going to shoot her and then she threatening to cut the baby out of Renata (ala Manson/Tate). Awful, pure evil. Do writers ever worry that someone with "issues" could act out these horrible acts. I think Meliton is cool brujo, even the Padre liked him. I liked the leather etched hat he wore. Well, Lucios kid is in town, seems obnoxious, and I am almost certain he gonna make Lucio's loser complex much worse. Thats all he needs is another kick when he done. Nope, no sympathy cause he been mean. I take that back, I feel for him, in spite, because he is such a pathetic figure.
 

Thank you Eli!

Have you noticed that in this TN, there are many camera shots taken through glass, or with knick-knacks in the extreme foreground, or with columns, candles, etc. moving by? The glass shots occur particularly at Tia's house.

Mat was crying with Abi, glad Fausto didn't come by to tell him to stop. I like how Abi speaks her mind and is assertive.

I also couldn't tell if the Lucio firing was staged or real. It seems staged, seeing as how Lucio is pursuing the gun. I felt like I missed something right before the conversation occurred. Either way, Lucio will run to Fausto with the gun if he gets it.

I can't imagine where the story with Lucio's son is headed. The restaurant scene showed how delusional Tia is about her "fame." Eli, I believe you said you hate her make-up once. I think the lip outline is the worst aspect of all. It almost seems like she could be attractive without it. But back to Lucio's son, why has he come to this pueblo to seek his father? I thought Tia's son would make an appearance before Max, wasn't even sure Max would make one at all.

I have seen in the opening credits that Laisha Wilkins, who I don't know, but know that others are waiting for, will play the double role of Ximena and somebody. Doc Pat said Ximena is his wife, so will there be more trouble than just Ren's spouse in the RenPat affair?

I get the feeling that the story arcs are going to get long and involved as more characters are brough in, so we will begin to see more than just Fausto's acting out.

I have read the recaps for Sombra del Pasado and seen the comments, and I feel jealous! It sounds like a good show, but this late schedule of Que Te Perdone works better for me, so I can't get into the other. But I hope our show and forum starts to heat up as well!

Thanks again.
 

Eli, this was sensational. Exceptional retelling of the events

"He did not "sleep" with her you stupid fool, he raped her, a blind helpless woman and your biggest concern is that he is not doing you? Seriously?" said it all.

"I never knew how dangerous being a priest was!" I so agree Eli– this appears to be a trend and a very unsettling one at that.

I wish someone, anyone, other than the loathsome Macaria would stand up to Fausto. Barragan is doing so quietly but I have major concerns for his health as everyone who gets in Fausto's way is either killed or abused terribly.

TF, yes the I love you like a sister line must have pierced Abi's heart.

I thought Fausto really did fire Lucio Vivi (?) Lucio certainly acted like it but then when isn't he hanging his head, begging for forgiveness from his "master" and bowing and scraping? Oh, that's right. When he is killing someone.

LaPaloma, I missed Diego too! Think we all did. Novella lover, I love Melito as well. Strong and solid and unafraid.

TN4ever, Laisha Wilkins's appearance is eagerly looked forward to. And when are we going to see Fabian?? Still, this is going along fairly quickly compared to others.

Yes, Sombra del Pasado is excellent. While I did watch LM in its entirety, this late time is difficult for me and I suspect others. Hopefully, more people will comment as we go along.

Diana
 

thanks, Eli.

I like Comandante Colombo.I hope that he survives because we all know that Fausto thinks nothing of killing anyone who gets in his way. I have seen this actor in many novelas.

Geez, Mac is crazy. why would anyone keep lusting after a guy who has always treated you badly and threatened to put a bullet in your head ? It as puzzling as Lucio's devotion even though Faust treats him like a dog.

I have had enough of Crazed Connie and her ranting, but she did not deserve the rat entree.
 

Thank you Eli for a nice weekend read. Your last line was perfect--
Join us on Monday when I'm sure that Fausto continues to be a Rat Bastard.

I guess that I missed it as to why
Lucio got fired. I sure hope that Abi doesn't hire him. Anyway as you guys are saying---it could be a Fausto trick for Lucio to help him locate the gun.

And why is that gun so important?
His fingerprints aren't on it any
more. By the way, if he wants a gun so bad why doesn't he go buy one? Or are there restrictions against gun sales in Mexico? I guess there are.

Diego--- I think that I have stated twice now that I am in the Abi/Diego camp. But---in the opening segment each night Abi and Mateo are shown together so my question has to be, Does anyone
think that Diego has a chance with sweet country girl Abigail?

I cringed when I saw devil dog Fausto move in and helped to carry the good padre's casket. Right Eli---RAT BASTARD Fausto.

Crazed Connie doesn't bother me a bit but serving her a rat for dinner did. That was just plain cruel. Macaria is one disgusting person. I love Sabine's acting though. Sabine for Best Supporting Actress I say.

Diana---You want more people. Well the gringo is doing his part.

Must see tv Lunes.
the gringo
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder