Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Yo no Creo en los Hombres #6 Tues 7/21/15 No karma anvils yet for Jacinto. Maybe karma pebbles?

All right, first things first. Hi, my name is Rain, and I am one of your Tuesday recappers! I'm in my mid 20s, live in the Midwest, and am a giant fan of anything involving pretty people, romance, and melodrama, whether it's in English or not. I am a huge fan of Asian dramas for this reason, and though this is only my 2nd telenovela, I'm rapidly becoming a fan of them as well. (Which is why the recent assortment of English subbed telenovelas Netflix put up fills me with glee.)

One caveat before we get started: My cable is weird in that the Eng subs don't work when I try to watch live, but they do for the On-Demand eps. Don't ask me why. The On-Demand isn't up yet, so I am working off my back up recording, the Spanish caps, and Google Translate for things that fly over my head. I sincerely hope I don't mess anything up, and I am so sorry if I do. I'd also like to thank CountxAlacran for sending me tips on what makes a good recap. I've tried to keep them in mind for this. But enough of my yammering. Let's get started!
Scenes From Yesterday:

We pick up where we left off with Clara and Leonardo being adorable. They talk about dogs, he kisses her, she acts faux offended, then smooches him back after he asks her to be his novia.

Isela plans to meet with Maria Dolores. Josefa continues to spread poison about Maria Dolores and the lawsuit. It's like she does best when everyone around her suffers.

Jacinto follows Maria Dolores, is a creep, Max scares the little rat off, then Isela shows up and they all vow justice for Maria Dolores. On to the new!
Lo Nuevo
Isela tells Maria Dolores the bad news. None of the other seamstresses are going to assist in the lawsuit. They all go into the house to discuss what to do next. While they're talking, Maria Dolores shares one bit of good news: she managed to find a new job! She's working for a tailor(?) in the city center.

     Isela seems mucho unhappy about this. Something about how Maria Dolores' work is so artistic, and the place she's working for only does piecework and exploits their workers. Maria Dolores just kind of rolls her eyes and is all like, "We'll argue about this later." She's more concerned with making things clear to Max: she's not doing this to get her job back. She's doing this just to help Isela and the other seamstresses. That's fine, says Max, but since they're not helping, we just need to focus on you and what you need. And if you don't want to work for Jacinto, fine. He doesn't deserve to be near a woman anyway. This is about you and getting what you deserve.

Maria Dolores agrees. "Where does it end if all we do about injustice is complain?" Jacinto will never molest another woman if she can help it! This won't be easy, but together, she and Max can move mountains! Then it turns into a mutual lovefest. Max thanks her for the vote of confidence, she thanks him for trusting her, and everyone seems to have forgotten Isela exists, because she didn't say a damn thing this entire scene.

     Daniel is watching as Max says his farewells. He wants Maria Dolores to have Jacinto arrested for threatening her just now. She doesn't want to cause her mother any more problems. I roll my eyes. There is a difference between daughter and doormat, MD! Max agrees reluctantly, but if Jacinto causes her problems again, let him know.

Down the street, Clara and Leonardo are talking. Clara is  worried about Esperanza working from home all the time, surrounded by memories of Rodolfo. Leo is sympathetic. He hopes she feels better soon, he wants to tell Esperanza that they're dating! He scoops Clara up and kisses her, just in time for both Esperanza and Max to walk up and see them. Good job, Leo.

     But then it turns out Esperanza is totally OK with everything as long as her "Yokoitita" (?) is happy and they don't get too serious too soon. So there's that.

We cut to Doris walking into her apartment, greeted by Ari with a rose in his teeth and spaghetti on the table. She's suspicious as to why he's being so nice, but he claims it's just because he loves her and he's happy they're together again. She melts like butter and then there's a sexy comment about "Dessert first?" and lots of mackage,

Max and MD have a playful discussion outside her house about how they're practically family now and they should be friends? (I understood almost nothing of this, I'm sorry,) Daniel is STILL THERE, despite it clearly having been several hours. Creeper. So Max and Leo leave.

Doris and Ari again. She wants to be the only official woman in his life, he swears he loves her, he just wants to be able to give her stability, he's getting some money soon, just give him tiiiimmmmeeee, baby! She goes for it, sadly.

     MD is sitting with Julian in the living room when Daniel finally decides to ring the doorbell and make himself known. She introduces them, but Julian wisely decides to excuse himself immediately afterwards.Then Daniel gets pissy about her having men over all the time, because he's a little bitch like that. So MD has to reassure him that he is the amor of her life 5ever, those were just her friend and her lawyer. Daniel is like, "You're still going ahead with that?" MD: Of course I am, Jacinto threatened me! Daniel gets all caveman and wants to beat Jacinto senseless, but then MD is like, "If you really love me, you'll support me." So then he calms down and they kiss some more.

(this is where my comprehension gets mucho fuzzy, anyone who can fill in details do!)
Orlando gets arrested because...reasons? Isela runs off to go see him when she hears, Josefa is nasty about it, because of course she is. Daniel goes and comforts Esperanza at a church, is fake solicitious and super oily about it, but Esperanza fails to notice.

Ivana talks with the lawyers about Jacinto. She doesn't want to settle, and is super nasty about Maria Dolores and Isela to boot. I don't think  I like her anymore. 

Isela goes to visit Orlando with Julian.

Daniel talks to Esperanza about how much he looooves MD and wants to be her support. OK, buddy.

Gerry goes to meet with Maria Dolores. He apologizes that he thought so poorly of her and for the hurt she's suffered, but he won't let anyone hurt Ivana or the brand. She just grabs him and tells him to come with her before he says or does something he'll regret.

Daniel bribes the priest at the church. Something about masses? Help.

Commercials!

I just want to say that I really like the theme song.

     So MD drags Gerry in just in time to see Jacinto screaming at the girls! YES! Gerry asks que the hell is going on, Jacinto gets quiet and apologetic, tries to badmouth MD, but absolutely no one is having it anymore and life is awesome.

Isela and Julian continue to talk with Orlando. All I got was she wanted to call Max, but Orlando didn't.

Maleny and Ari talk. Ari says Orlando is demanding help, or he'll reveal their dirty little secret(Insert All American Rejects song here) Maleny yells at him for telling, and says she'll do nothing. She'll lose Max and be a little sad if words gets out, but Ari will lose it all. He looks worried.

Gerry is super apologetic to MD, promises to make things right, blah blah blah...He'll even give her a job! He wants her to help finish Ivana's dress!

(And this is where my backup recording...failed me and cut off. Will fill in the rest via OnDemand tomorrow, I am so sorry.)

[Thanks to Vivi-DC for filling in with other parts of the episodio, added below.--edit.]
MD and Max decide they can speak to each other in the informal tu form and use each other's first names, now that they are linked personally via their dating little siblings. Orlando was arrested because Maleny's car was found in the hood. Since she's rich and important, the cops are making a big show of putting a lot of effort into showing they are working on the case, by basically rounding up every dude in the neighborhood with a criminal record or connection to cars (like mechanic Orlando). It was unjust, and that's why everyone was up in arms. 

Ari threatened that Orlando knows about his relationship with Maleny, and he or Ari would spill the beans if she didn't go down to the police station and swear Orlando had nothing to do with the robbery.

At the end of the epi, Ivana had the Mole fired after Jerry reports back, and Maleny has a freak out and memory of herself as a little girl witnessing a man being shot when she sees the gun of a cop in the police station. Max has to calm her down and talk her down before she's able to set foot in the station.



Labels:


Comments:
Thank You Rain! I'm excited to read your recap and your self-introduction.

So, Isela and Orlando have a love theme that Fabiola Guajardo and Jorge Gallegos themselves sing. "Somos Uno en Vez de Dos."

-Encaje Rojo
 

Looking forward to the recap for Tuesday's episode.

I was interested in finding more about the actor playing Jacinto and looked at Adalberto Perra's pictures on Googe Images. I was very surprised to find out that none of his pictures show him with that hideous facial mole. Is it fake? Do you think it was put there to make him even more detestable?
 

Thank you Rain. Looking forward to read your debut post. I hope that you take your time in doing your best!

I am so glad that Jacinto is now under fire and I hope that his "retirement" lasts long.I am also glad that the girls decided to confess. They should have done it straight away at the first opportunity. He shouldnt even be hired just because of his hideous mole.

Orlando and Isela are cute together and their marriage plans are nice but they will have to face the nutcase Hoe-Sefa in order to be victorious. Not sure if Claudio is responsible for the crime but even so Hoe-Sefas plan is still ridiculous regardless if he is guilty or not . That woman is too lost for redemption, she is BSC already.

Maly's fear appeared to be death real , I thought that she was going to enter into panic shock. I wonder what the thug has with Maly's flashback. Perhaps he was the one who offed Mal's and Dan's father under Arango's orders?

Don't know what the fat guy's purpose is , is his father going to play a major role in events or something? I do recognize the actor though so it's nice to see him back again. He played the chubby guard in Por Siempre Mi Amor and the fat chef creep in La Gata.

 

GoBlueFan- The actor playing Jacinto is right now playing the repectable, businessman father of the hero in La Vecina, and no the mole is not real- it's just for this role.

Countx- The guy obviously wanted to launder ill-gotten money and needed an accountant under his (and his father's) thumb to help them do it.
 

Looking forward to your recap, Rain.
 

Vivi Yeah i simply don't trust that guy. He had every opportunity to launder money from Old Dad for his own ends. It's not like that he is the first creepy old man with glasses doing that. Some money might have been wasted by the twins but some half might have gone to Arango's wallet.
 

Me too Rain, looking forward to it. I'm really liking this show
 

I wonder if Maly's panic attack in somewhat related to what her mom said the other day. Something about making her face what she scared of, can't rightly remember. Is Arango the lawyer?

I really hope Julian has a happy ending, love how he's kind of like the protector of the neighborhood. Glad he was smart enough to send that fishy dude who needed an accountant packing. Could he be anymore obvious that he was shady by the way who opened wide the suitcase with money to get one small little business card??

Vivi-I did not recognize Jacinto from la Vecina, thanks for pointing it out.

And I'm all for Ivana getting away from slimeball daniel but she sure does have a temper. Unfortunately it makes me like her a little less.

Tkx in advance for your recap Rain!

jlk

 

Hello RAIN, I like your name, I did not intend for that to rhyme, it just does.:-D looking forward to your Introduction and recap.
That jacinto person, glad to know that mole isn't really his, I think it might be just to make the character even more disgusting, its workin, I can't stand him. If a man were to grab me the way he grab these women my first instinct would be to hit him with something, cause he invaded my private space violently. Some women get paralized with fear, but some don't.
I'm likeing this show, but I'll like it even more when they bring the two love birds together.
 

Thank you for the recap Rain! Don't worry, I'm sure that it will get easier to undersrand the actors with time, you are very fun to read.

I wish I could help with the missing scenes but I don't remember watching the first half of this episode. I do like how MD took Gerry to see Jacinto's behaviour with jis own eyes.

Jarocha
 

You did great with your first recap, Rain! Gracias!

I can help a bit with the two scenes you asked about. MD and Max decide they can speak to each other in the informal tu form and use each other's first names, now that they are linked personally via their dating little siblings. Orlando was arrested because Maleny's car was found in the hood. Since she's rich and important, the cops are making a big show of putting a lot of effort into showing they are working on the case, by basically rounding up every dude in the neighborhood with a criminal record or connection to cars (like mechanic Orlando). It was unjust, and that's why everyone was up in arms. Ari threatened that Orlando knows about his relationship with Maleny, and he or Ari would spill the beans if she didn't go down to the police station and swear Orlando had nothing to do with the robbery.

At the end of the epi, Ivana had the Mole fired after Jerry reports back, and Maleny has a freak out and memory of herself as a little girl witnessing a man being shot when she sees the gun of a cop in the police station. Max has to calm her down and talk her down before she's able to set foot in the station.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

This is awesome Rain and thank you, and wouldn't fret, there were plenty of scenes I had trouble with, including why Orlando was arrested.

"There is a difference between daughter and doormat"

"rose in his teeth and spaghetti on the table"

"is fake solicitious and super oily about it"
 

Thank you Rain, Your debut was nice and I will be looking forward to have you on our team! I hope that your new hobby of choice serves you good to improve your Spanish and writing alike ( It seems that we always somehow end up learning something new and valuable to us by doing something good. It gives me more hope in humans .) .

I deleted my previous comment because it contained stuff that shoulnt have been posted so I apologize for that.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder