Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Lo Imperdonable #61 Tue 8/11/15 The Episode Eli hated to have to recap

Okay, so I hated this episode, and I'll tell you why: this is going to throw the recap a little bit out of order but I need to get this out. The last five telenovelas that I've watched all had a female in the cast suffer a sexual assault and quite frankly I find it disgusting that in 2015 writers are still so lazy that they would resort to having a someone be sexually abused in order to move the plot along.

 In last night's episode Magda fell victim to her awful husband Aaron. He raped her and in the process made me hate this show even more. Because not only has this been heavy on the slut shaming and treating the women like dirt but now they throw a rape in? Really writers? REALLY?! Think about it you guys, five novelas and all five had rapes in them, why? Are there really no better ways to tell a story than to have a woman be brutally abused? Really? Anyhoo, the recap is below and I'm personally counting down the episodes till this one is OVER.




The dumping:

Teo dumps Blanca and she's devastated, because this town is so out of touch no one has a cell phone and they have to resort to having people deliver letters for them like it's still 1940. Raymunda is super mad that Teo broke up with Blanca, ugh, I can't you guys, this novela has broken my spirit. Someone needs to tell Raymunda that in 2015 kids date and break up with each other and that it's perfectly normal, and not a reason to send her husband after poor Teo.

Veronica and Marty

Sigh, they seem to have made up for the moment and have sex outside. Again. What is it with people having sex out doors? It can't be comfortable...imagine all the twigs and dirt and bugs, and also not private at all so someone could walk up on them and talk about awkward.

She's not dead yet:

Ginny is in the hospital center trying to recover from her bout with malaria, she and doctor Fernandez are using her illness to guilt Emiliano into a relationship with her, and it's working because Emi feels so guilty that he lashes out at doctor Feelgood and questions whether the good doc is really providing the best care for Ginny, in fact he suggests bringing another doctor in or flying Ginny to another country to get medical care,ooooh do it and then maybe have her airplane crash and put us all out of our misery.

The part I refuse to recap:

Aaron rapes Magda because she's his woman and he can do whatever he wants with her. And that's all you're getting from me because I refuse to recap those scenes. REFUSE.

Botel gives up the bottle

Botel is in a fragile state, he is about to give in to the booze but he puts away the bottle at the last minute and says he has to be well for when Madga returns, yay Botel!

Julio and Manuel:

Small scene in which they stare each other down, Julio is super delish and I'll cut anyone on the patio who wants to take him from me!

Selma throws some shade:

Ginny's illness has made Jorge reflect on how unfair they have been with Veronica- he feels like they are losing their family and he wants to call Vero and inform her of Ginny's illness. Selma tells him not to, Vero is a bad egg who has caused Ginny a lot of pain (WTF?) and if Emiliano sees her he'll backslide and the last thing they need is for him to return to his old ways. She also says that Vero is not happy with just Martin, she also can't/won't leave Emiliano alone (hu? WTF is she talking about?)- she also lets it slip that there are things about Vero that he does not know and that she has kept quiet in order to protect him. Oh my god. This lady is NUTS.

Ginny continues to get worse and Emiliano goes in to see her, Selma then tells Jorge that Ginny and Em are dating, after thinking about it a bit Jorge says it's not so bad that the two are now a couple. Emiliano feels a lot worse when Ginny has a crisis, Docotr Feelgood continues to be the only doctor looking after Ginny.

Kill,kill,kill:

My cat, Kit Kat is awesome at killing spiders, all you have to do is say "kill Kit Kat Kill!" and she will kill the spider for you. Last night I was screaming "kill him Julio, kill him!" as Julio beat the living daylights out of Manuel. I'm surprised it took so long considering how Manuel has treated AP, but it looks like having to pick up the booze for the engagement party has pushed Julio over the edge and once Manuel baits him it is on, what follows is an epic beat down that leads to Manny running to tia Raymunda and asking for help.

Protection, what protection?:

AP and Blanca continue the wedding preparations, and as someone else pointed out earlier this week there's way too much happiness for this to last. Once done shopping AP goes to visit Veronica and she tells her that she and Pablo did stuff. Vero takes the time to tell AP that she needs to get on the pill to avoid having kids, this scene went on for way too long and really what's the point? I think we all know that AP is bound to end up knocked up.

The old folks got it wrong:

Nanci hears Alfredo, Pablo and good Marty talking about  Emiliano getting married, she freaks out because she feels the elders in her community got it wrong, Emi was supposed to be for her, she runs away and leaves her fruit behind.

The sad tale of Veronica and Magdalena:

Earlier in the episode Vero and Marty talked about Veronica still being hurt by her mother leaving her, she can't get over it and she jokes that maybe she clings to women because she's looking for the affection she never got from her mother. Veronica does not know that her poor mother had to leave her in order to escape an abusive husband that would have probably killed them both- that her mother spent a fortune looking for her and never had a moment of peace, and that the mother she believes left her was just brutalized all because she wanted a way to find her. There's no sunshine or rainbows here friends.

Come back tomorrow to see what the writers come up with that can possibly top this hot mess.




Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for the recap. I am with you Eli on the rapes. I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. Why did the writers felt the need for another rape story. It is enough for Manuel to have made rape attempts on several women but Magda's was totally over the top. I think Vero and AP are candidates for pregnancies and both will end up not telling the daddies. AP will marry Julio to give bebe a papa because we all know Mariana will blow up in town and mess up the storybook tale. Vero will learn the whole truth and leave Marty then learns she's pregnant and not tell crazy Mart, at least for a while.
Disclaimer: This is my over active imagination at work from years of novelas under my belt. NO SPOILERS
Romy
 

As always Eli, I love your retelling of the story

"What is it with people having sex out doors? It can't be comfortable...imagine all the twigs and dirt and bugs"

"I think we all know that AP is bound to end up knocked up"

I wonder does Mejai have any idea where this mess is going?

Most idiotic logic of the night was Nanci's realization that a marriage between Emiliano and Virginia means the elders are wrong and she gets Martin.

No reason a woman in her right mind after being fearful for 20 years would believe a word Aaron said when he mysteriously appears, punt her long time lover Botel so she will be isolated and shack up with the guy. Now I'm convinced Mejai wanted a rape and couldn't get a good one out of Manuel or Martin so this all contrived. Been way too much macho slut shaming, grabby, rapey, pawing and emotional abuse (and from the galan no less) in this for my taste. It's another example of some really, really over the top bad guy inserted to abuse a woman in an effort to make Martin not look so bad.

 

Right Tofie?

I hated this episode, hated it so much, ugh!
 

Thank You so much Eli. I watched very little of this disturbing and not entertaining episode.

I have said it before so here goes: Maggy..."Hmmm I stuck my finger into an electrical outlet 25 years ago and it almost killed me. Let's see what happens this time. Shut up everyone who cares about me, I know what I am doing." ZZZZZZttttt !!!
 

Thanks Eli.

HATED what happened to Magdalena. I agree with you about the rape in novelas. It needs to stop. I hate it when the writers go that route. Hope Aaron meets a terrible end.

Good for Botel for not giving in and drinking the booze!

Ana Perla should have gotten the "protection talk" before actually doing the deed. Now it's too late.

LOVED the beating Julio gave Manuel. Julio did snap and it was GOOD.
 

A message to Nanci: Listen to your elders.


 

Eli, I loved your recap simply because you sounded a lot like my youngest daughter when she's really really mad and goes on an extended rant. And the events of last night were certainly rant-worthy and then some.

However you didn't lose your wonderful sense of humor.....

" Julio is super delish and I'll cut anyone on the patio who wants to take him from me!"

I promise not to fight you for Julio. I will say, if memory serves, that making love out of doors can be quite charming, regardless of bugs, pebbles, sand etc. But be very careful not to get romantic in a patch of poison ivy. Thank God that was over 50 years ago!
 

Eli, thanks for your effort and clarity. I completely agree with you about this episode. I must admit that I am becoming very bored with the story as it is portrayed in this version. I'll tune in again next week and maybe by then there will be a turning point....I can hope. So thanks much for doing the recap.

Think Sergio is doing well in this despite age casting error. I like him as a "normal" person instead of a nasty guy.

Gale
 

Thanks Eli. You are so funny when you're annoyed (and even when you're not.) Good job even under such stress.

I felt very bad for Maleny. No way did she deserve that, no matter how naive (dare I say stupid?) she is. My heart goes out to her. As horrible as this is, I'm intrigued to see how Aarón thinks he can pull this nutty plan off.

Judy,

"...be very careful not to get romantic in a patch of poison ivy."

Or bull nettle. At least poison ivy doesn't spoil the mood right away.

Carlos
 

Eli, ITA, about the rape, it is totally disgusting and what the hell are they doing it for. I didn't see it and I'm glad I didn't, when I turn the channel back she was in bed with bruises all over her arms and he was sittin his nasty but at the foot of the bed eating the sandwich. this is not necessary to find her daughter. She should have listened to the PI.
THAT NASTY HEFFA layin her but in that hospital bed still plottin, they autta put her in a coma.
Selma should go in to see ginny and get coughed on, and get sick. These people are just getting on my last nerve.
Nice to see manny get a good but kickin. Its about time.
Good boy botel, good boy, you don't need the bottle. Somebody gotta have some sence on this show.
Mauricio, that is a good message: "a message to Nanci:listen to your elders. Ok, I'll talk more tomorrow. Maybe tonights eppy
Will be better. Lets hope.
 

About the sex outside, thats dangerous. They could, or she could get a tic up in there, and get sick and nobody would know until shes almost dead, they should've waited till marriage, might be safer, maybe. To each his own.
 

I did notice Vsnake and Dr. F talking about her taking some drugs to fake her sickness.

Tank U Eli.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder