Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Antes Muerta Que Lichita #1 Tuesday 9/22/15

Wow. Lots of information and new voices to get used to. I have performance anxiety. I don't recall having ever recapped a premiere...

Lichita begins her tale…

My name is Alicia Gutierrez López. I am passionate, noble, impulsive and intelligent. Nothing gets in my way...except myself [and your fashion sense.]

She falls into the pool and continues her narration. What could have been the best day of her life, might be her last. She comes up for air, gasping out a cry for help. She asks herself if she is so invisible that no one even notices she exists? She slowly sinks to the bottom of the pool. My name is Alicia, but everyone knows me as...Lichita.

Lichita breaks the fourth wall. If we want to know what a story like hers is about and how she came to be Alicia, we need to know that she had to leave a lot of herself behind because she’d rather be dead than be Lichita again.

Days before…



A small child (Ximena) helps zip Lichita up in her skirt. “Suck it in, tía!” They aren’t saying she’s fat. She’s just had that skirt for years. Really she should get a new one. Lichita thinks new clothes can wait. Lichita wonders if her father ya abonó (paid) the mortgage or his taxi. Maybe she can pay some of it out of her quincena (biweekly pay.) Her father, Nacho, reminds her that HE is the only person to pay the mortgage or his taxi. Elsa distributes the lunches and asks Lichita if she’s gotten her invitation for the Icónka 30th anniversary party yet. Lichita is more worried about getting a contrato de planta(permanent contract.) Ximena says something about her school fees, which leads Nacho to ask Magos when she plans to get a job. Is she going to let her big sister pay all of Ximena’s fees? Magos (the Nini) whines about no one wanting to hire a single mom. Elsa can get her a position at the grocery store where she works.

Nacho needs an operation for his cataracts. It’s dangerous for him to be driving. Lichita urges him to tell Elsa, but he doesn’t want his wife to panic and think he’ll go blind. Lichita talks about going ahead and getting the operation and paying it off monthly. Nacho doesn’t want her to get herself in more debt. She’s already helping so much with the household expenses [TN Law 9.05-1 Sec. 7b “The Protagonista must be strapped by economic pressures of the family. She shall not leave them to their own devices.”] Nacho almost runs over Mark Tacher [regular character or cameo?] Since Nacho is in the middle of the crosswalk, he decides to back up...thus hitting...Lichita’s príncipe azul (with the same shade of gray hair as Nacho.) Lichita swoons. Nacho wants to take him to the doctor, but Roberto (our Galán) insists he’s fine. Lichita is a little klutzy.

Roberto has a friend named Gumaro. He is damn near unintelligible to me. I think I caught him asking Roberto why he didn’t try to get some cash out of the cab driver. Roberto thought they were good people. Sounded noble the first time I heard it. The cynicism has now kicked in. A good grifter knows if a mark is good or bad. Exchange of lines until I catch Como te ven, te tratan Loosely: Appearance matters [hmph...and can be deceiving.]
[Holy crap. I just hit a second page, it’s been less than 10 minutes of show and it’s almost nine. I might need to hit the half-assed button.]

Roberto tries to charm his way into Icónika acting as a reporter. The head receptionist has no knowledge of his appointment. Chuchette overhears him...and sees him...and wants him. He is a charmer. Chuchette offers to take him around.

Lichita arrives to work and continues bumping into people.

Fancy Schmancy of House of the Rich and Pious...or at least one pious person. The wife of Augusto de Toledo. He’s just yawing. She finishes her prayer before eating. He wants her to come to the Icónika Anniversary party. She wants to attend some religious function. She hates his office events. They fight about it. He tries to order her to go, she agrees only because it’s good to remind everyone that she owns 50% of Icónika...and that includes him.

Chucette’s tour of Icónika continues. I think she called the administrators a pack of dogs. More tour. Apparently Icónika came up with some famous slogan years ago? We are all corruption?.... [Seriously, I am totally overloaded with this and can’t seem to understand a thing.] He doesn’t remember it. Ok. It sounds like all this yammering is a lot of characterization. Yeah. Probably important. Misunderstood artists. Casual dressers? Shall we discuss in the comments?

Ah, two temperamental artistes… Sandra is screaming about needing a beach. Elias is the a creative director? They try to one up each other on who has the most to do. The Supermarket Mas account is important and neither really has time to do it?

Chuchette mentions Sandra by name. Roberto seems to recognize it. He wants to talk to her. She and Elias make a loud entrance. She’s still yelling about the Supermercados Mas account. He’s still yelling about having other accounts. She gives back the wedding invitation he gave her. He wanted her to be the witness to his happiness. She can’t make it. Give her regards to the bride. He goes off yelling for Lichita. Roberto has apparently heard some important information.

Elias yells at Lichita, who is trying to do a good job. I guess she’s got to get coffee ready for the meeting. He doesn’t have time to listen to her ask about a permanent contract. She scurries out of the office. She writes the email informing the team about the meeting. They already knew. Loser.

Ximena brags about her Aunt Lichita.

Lichita makes the coffee. Brisa is a hippie and apparently treats Licia with a little respect. They talked quite a bit. I hope they didn’t say anything important.

Chucette prattles on. She’s all about “Como se ven, te tratan” too. Roberto would like to talk to the big Jefe. Yeah. That’s not going to happen. Roberto is thinking of changing careers. He’s got a degree in marketing and a lot of ideas. Don Augusto arrives...and his man pushes away Roberto. [Don Augusto may be a “bad guy”, but I like him….] Chuchette is going to take him to one of their creative meetings.

Lichita tries to start the meeting. She is utterly ignored. She starts to pass out the folders. They think she needs to just bring them coffee. She trips and drops all the folders. She bends over to pick them up. And her skirt splits. Poor thing. Everyone laughs. The only person willing to help is Roberto. Fourth wall Lichita tells us that she was once again face to face with her principe...and for once she actually wanted to be invisible.

[What?? No theme song?????????????]

The other works continue to make fun of Lichita and her clothes. Elias throws Roberto out. Chuchette is convinced Roberto is really a reporter and thinks Elias being rude can result in bad publicity.

Magos does not know how to sell sausage.

Roberto gets an invite to the anniversary party. He’ll be Chuchette’s date. He can finish up his report redondear and maybe talk to Don Augusto. She’s going to do everything she can to help.

Lichita’s friend Braulio tells her that her wardrobe malfunction is a trending topic. He encourages her to confront Elias and ask for a permanent contract.

She does. But he hasn’t seen any ideas from her. He needs help with the Supermercados Mas campaign. She mentions that her mom has worked there all her life. Well, why didn’t she say something sooner? He tells her to come up with something. If he likes it he’ll get her the permanent contract. A call from his fiancee interrupts. He hangs up and Lichita starts to talk about her ideas. They are interrupted by another call. His aunt is sick and probably won’t survive the night. She tries to offer her help, but he just wants her to work on the Supermarket account.

Another TN within a TN. Corazon Enamorado. I like Amor Imosible Imposible Imposible a little better.

Nacho is happy for Lichito. Lichito mentions Ximena’s school fees again. And she’s spilled the operation beans to Elsa.

Roberto is going to study and find out all he can about Don Augusto. I successful crook knows the importance of research. Roberto will get an “in” at Iconika.

Elsa is so proud of Lichita too. She’s lit a candle and asked all the power of heaven to bring her baby good fortune in work...and love. Lichita deserves a wonderful man who values and respects her. Yup. One noble-hearted seducer, coming up. Elsa says love makes miracles. Lichita gets to work writing her blog that no one reads, thinking that the first miracle would be the guy even notices her. She taps out her post….does love make miracles or is the miracle finding love? She falls asleep. We get the Charles Perrault version of hitting Roberto with the taxi. Only this time, when the “princess” bends over to help him up...her skirt rips.

Ximena wakes Lichita up. Ximena is so proud of her aunt. Ximena knows Lichita is the one paying the school fees.

Elias has been up all night trying to come up with a “punchy” slogan for cat food. He looks manic. His aunt died. He wants to see her proposal. LIchita is sure that she can give life to this campaign. Elias clings to the word “life”. He’s given 20 years of his life to this company. He lost the only woman he ever loved--his first wife. Lichita attempts a pep talk. Many people appreciate him. He tells her to order a flower arrangement (corona) for his aunt and another for his fiancee. He also tells her to go to HR and sign her permanent contract.

Lichita makes the call to the florist Chuchette brings Elias’ s invite to Lichita. Lichita never came to get it. Chuchette tells Lichita not to let this happen again. She’s not a maid (chacha). Lichita wonders if her invite is also in Chuchette’s office? This party is only for VIPs and permanent employees. Lichita is about to sign her permanent contract so nyah! When she’s left alone, Chucette hits redial….and screws up the floral order Lichita just made. She tells them to switch the address.

Sandra and Elias start fighting about the Supermercados account again. OH! Sandra was his first wife! At least they were compatible in between the sheets. Oops. The fiancee catches that exchange. And “crowns” him with the corona meant for his aunt’s funeral. Elias howls.

Lichita signs her contract. She’s so excited.

And Elias has gone BSC. He begins to strip down. Freedom!!!!!!! Liberation!!!!!!!!! See you in heaven aunty!!!

He’s taken away in the ambulance.

Lichita’s contract is cancelled. They aren’t going to renew her contract since she worked with Elias.

And this was the beginning of the end of “Lichita.”

Next: Episode 2

Labels:


Comments:
That took too long! My apologies. Always, always feel free to fill in. I usually leave lots of gaps.

Sooo....what did the patio think?
 

Woohoo! Great job, Sara! There was a LOT going on, and you did a fantastic job covering it all. I really cracked up when Elias cracked up and started stripping. :)

Poor Lichita! Although it is pretty cool that from episode one she seems ready to shed her doormat persona and wants to become a force to be reckoned with. Go, Lichita/Alicia.

The colors and sets really pop. My eye didn't know where to land in the offices. So much to look at.

Stuck at home for the next two days because of the Pope, so plenty of time to comment later.
 

Sara, congratulations on your stellar recap. cannot imagine how difficult it must have been to do the initial summary. It was amazing that you not only managed to note everyone's name but understand everything that transpired. And impeccably.

"[TN Law 9.05-1 Sec. 7b “The Protagonista must be strapped by economic pressures of the family. She shall not leave them to their own devices.”] was fantastic. "Fancy Schmancy of House of the Rich and Pious" was another favorite. Your vocabulary was greatly appreciated!

Lichita is kind and resourceful and it is clear she wants to care for everyone dear to her. She seems to have a quiet fire but falls prey to what she perceives as her own inadequacies. I think she has heart and intelligence. A great combination.

I so enjoyed Manuel and the all too brief flashes of what appeared to be egomaniac Eduardo Santamaria. Chantal looked great with her red hair and I like Sherlyn's character (sorry, easier to note their real names at this point).

I think it will take a few episodes to flesh a lot of this out for me. My lack of language skills makes it take longer for me to catch on.

I do know that the recaps are off to a great start. As usual, thank you Sara!

Diana
 

Thank you Vivi and Diana!

I'm a big fan of Ricardo Fastlicht. His breakdown was hilarious!

Jane's character post was part of my secret with the names. The other half was thanks to the magic of captions. Hopefully those are all actually the correct names!

I love the bright look of this and I also liked the different camera angles.

I thought Maite did quite a respectable job, but I'm biased ;-)
 

I think Maite is doing a great job with this character.
 

Sara and Vivi - I wholeheartedly agree.

Maite rocked it. Totally!

Diana
 

Squee! I was totally gushing over her all night. I probably looked like she did when she saw Roberto for the first time. Honestly, I was more impressed with Maite than Arath. But he didn't have much to do tonight. His standout scene to me was when he jumped to help Lichita after the wardrobe malfunction. The look on his face was like "you people suck. Aren't you going to help her?"
 

Sara, Wow! What a recap! You did a fantastic job setting the scene, introducing us to all of the characters as well as covering everything that happened in this frenzied first episode where so much happened.

I enjoyed it all but particularly:

the dramatic start with Lichita falling in, sinking and drowning in the pool : great visually with her red dress against the blue of the pool and water./cutting away to Lichita being her own narrator/ the embedded fairy tale / Elías' meltdown.

Already I do not like her lazy sister Magos because she is lazy.

Does anyone know who the actor is who plays Elías?
 

Looking back in the posts, I see he is Ricardo Fastlicht. Anyway, I like him, too. Hope he recovers and comes back.
 

That's Ricardo Fastlicht. I saw him in Amorcito Corazón and I've loved him ever since.

My favorite thing about comments is it feels like watching the episode again when people comment about their likes and dislikes. I also loved the opening scene. But the way you described it, Jarifa, makes me appreciate it even more. I am looking forward to seeing what lead up to it.
 

We crossed, Jarifa!

I hope he'll be back too!

Gosh I'm giggling all over again thinking about him shouting Free yourself!
 

My favorite bit was the spoofing of the meet cute of telenovela protagonists. The car just missing running over one potential protag Mark Tacher and then immediately backing over the novela's actual protag.

The same meet cute is also used in the first episode of Lichita's novela-within-the-novela, Corazon Enamorado, that is posted on the univision uvideos website. It's pretty far out, but at about 5 minutes, the episodes are just the right length to sustain their aggressive silliness. It's also from Rosy Ocampo and is obviously designed for the internet with the ready-made memes.
 

Thank you, Sara! What a way to start it off!

Como te ven, te tratan = How they see you is how they treat you
 

Saw an ad for Pasion y Poder during the ep. Starts the beginning of Nov. Can't commit to more than one TN at a time so don't want to get caught up in this one. Too bad. Was really looking forward to it. But FC and JS in the same TN? Can't pass that up!
 

Thought the little girl looked familiar. She played Victoria in Robo.
 

I'm sorry you won't be joining us, Nanette.

Thank you for your translation Anon. I just felt within the context of the recap (and the aside that followed) a little loose translation was acceptable. I tell my students all the time to translate the idea, not just the words.

And how ironic that Chuchette should say it. She was dressed like a slutty banana in the ending scenes. Guess we know how she wants to be seen and treated.

RG- I'll check out that online novela. Thanks for the info.
 

Oh Nanette, I forgot. I didn't watch Robo, but the little girl was also on Mentir Para Vivir.
 

Nanette, now I watched Robó but didn't even recognize her. Thanks. As far as # of shows, I know how it is, so much to watch, so little time.

RG, thanks for the internet info.
 

Just watched first episode of "Corazón enamorado" online. Very funny.
 

I just watched it, too. I can't wait to get to school and find out if uvideos is blocked. I would love to show it to my students.

The line about learning Spanish from Dora the Exploradora was so true to life!!!!!!
 

Sara you are way, way, way better than you give yourself credit. GREAT kick off!

"I might need to hit the half-assed button" Hehehehe, I got one too but if you did, your half assed looks whole assed to me. (not implying you're whole assed)

I'm shocked to like Maite so much. I know this is the first show but loved her and her physical comedy. Jerry Lewis/Carol Burnett - esque
 

Ha! I wish I was whole assed, tofie! I'm actually kind of flat assed.

The physical comedy was fun and Maite did it very well. I am not a professional actor, but as a viewer I feel like some actors can do a great job in anything and people like Maite need the right vehicle and direction. Maybe that makes her less skilled, but she's still young. I hope she can learn a lot from the vets in this cast.
 

Actually, I'm not an amateur actor either. ;-)
 

Oh Sara, I watched the first 15 minutes and was thinking," oh who is the poor soul trying to recap this chaos?" Comedies are so full of fast-paced slang, even if you know all the characters and their motivations. Lady, you jumped into the deep end of the pool and did just fine!

When Chuchette (loved your description of her dressed like a slutty banana) was showing Roberto around the office, I thinking she was pointing to an area where the hard-working subordinates worked as a "perrera" which I thought meant "dog pound". But I could be wrong. Anyway, an indication of the snobism in the agency.

So my dear Juan Querendon is playing a villain in this one! Like you, I'm fond of the sexy rascal anyway.

Don't plan to watch this, but I thought Maite did a creditable job with the physical comedy and I'm delighted that she's getting a chance to redeem herself after la Gata. Surely the only person in the entire universe who liked that show was our dear devoted Gringo.

Your recap sparkled, and I'm pretty sure we're all making our way through the world and our tasks in a half-assed manner. I sure am!
 

Sara – Thank you for the recap.

I watched the first half and was struggling. No surprise, with a Rosy Ocampo ‘novela. I had trouble understanding what they were saying. They talked awfully fast and the sound quality was not clear enough for my aged ears.

Lichita must be wearing a fake probiscus in addition to those LFMB eyebrows.

”[TN Law 9.05-1 Sec. 7b “The Protagonista must be strapped by economic pressures of the family. She shall not leave them to their own devices.”]”
LOL !
I live in Tennessee and the official abbreviation is TN so I always have a mental trip-up when I see “TN” on Caray, as well as the ToyotaNation forum. Still, I love your legal quote----brilliant! ;-)
 

Doris- Nah. Maite has always had a big nose. It's just usually framed by a more flattering hairdo.
 

hey doris I got a TN connection. Went to law school at Vanderbilt
 

Here's a side by side of Maite in "Lichita" mode and her usual glamorous self (same nose): http://tinyurl.com/q9z2lvu

 

JudyB-I may have to start calling Don Augusto Don Sexy Rascal. What a perfect description.

doris- WORD. 5 minutes in and I was thinking "this is going to be a recapping challenge." After 30 I was thinking "Well, I guess it is what it is and I'll do what I can." Thank heaven for the Patio of Better Listening Comprehension.

Vivi-One of the reasons I love Maite is because of that nose. Thanks for that picture. She's so cute to me.
 

Oh my gosh. Just watched Corazon Enamorado. Hilarious! I will for sure be watching future installments. It has a Jane the Virgin vibe, with it's sly wink at telenovela tropes, and we already have a body in the trunk. The Dora the Explorer line was priceless.
 

Sara- I like her nose too. I've always noticed that she doesn't have a cookie cutter (plastic surgery) button nose, and thought that was great.
 

Exactly, Vivi! I love the nose because it's really hers. :)
 

In Thailand about 5 years or so ago many of the singers and actresses started having plastic surgery to build up the bridge of their nose, it is now popular among any that can afford it.
 

Wonderful recap Sara!!

I was on the phone the whole time it was on so I had it on mute. The nice thing about comedies is you don't always have to know what they are saying to enjoy what's happening!

At first I thought the galan looked to old for Lichita but I started to change my mind.

Loved Elias stripping! I hope his character returns. I like the actor, though not so much in PEAM.

Ha, I kinda hope the Mark Tacher sighting was just a cameo. I was really surprised when he took off his glasses.

I was on the fence on whether to get hooked on another TN but this one looks fun.
 

Nanette: I too am looking forward to the JS and FC mashup!
 

I really wanted to like this show but I can barely understand it and it's making me feel dumb. :( Is there a lot of slang or do the people just talk reallllly fast?

- J
 

tofie - hubs did too. He still makes that annual donation a/k/a football season tickets and then tries to give them away. LOL
 

Commodore flashbacks
 

J- I don't know if it is all Rosy Ocampo shows, but I know Que Pobres tan Ricos was filled with slang and fast talkers. And Maite could probably use some diction lessons as well. She and William Levy together is a nightmare! Don't let it make you feel dumb. I was feeling pretty stupid myself. I always use the Spanish captions with the comedies...even then I miss a lot.

(Not sure what happened to the comment, but The Show That Shall Not Be Named is La Gata.)
 

Sara, terrific recap. You started off with a blast -- Nothing gets in my way...except myself [and your fashion sense.] -- and brought this premiere episode on home. Plus a vocab bonus too. Thanks a bunch.

What I liked:

- Mark Tacher's cameo
- Lichita’s Cinderella dream
- Elias’s craziness

I think Maite is cute as a button - she's very smart not to change her nose.
 

Sara, enjoyed your recap of all the crazy action. Vivi, thanks for the comparison photo. I'm giving this on a try for a few episodes, since the overall cast looks pretty good.
 

A great job, a great start Sara. I don't know how you did it with the big cast that Televisa threw at us last night.

This looks like it will be a fun light hearted novela but it will be hard for me to get used to Arath de la Torre as Roberto. To me Arath will forever be Pancho Lopez.

It was nice seeing Sherlyn again but I must ask will she forever be cast in secondary roles?

Maite was just great although a little hard to get used to her look. I can't wait for her makeover, I'm sure there will be one.

JudyB---No Maite doesn't have to redeem herself from La Gata. There was nothing wrong with the acting in that novela---Maite did a great job, everyone did. It was the bad writing plain and simple that sank that novela. Redemption? No way! Maite does an excellent job in anything that she does and that's not only acting but singing and dancing as well.

Once again a great first night start Sara.

the gringo

 

wait, gotta take issue gringo, Daniel Arenas is no actor
 

Thanks, Sara, for the premiere ep recap. Excellent job--as always.

The colors sure did POP. What bothered me to distraction was the constant ringing phone!!!

I've heard that Maite is not that strong of an actor. This is the first thing I've seen her in and think she's doing a really good job.

Don't know if I'll be able to pass this one up. I might end up watching two TNs after all.

Nanette
 

Niecie: I loved the Cinderella dream, too. It was nice to see Maite looking like a princess since I am impatient and I expect it will be a while before we see her transformation.

La Paloma: I really think the cast is a huge draw. I’m glad you are giving it a try.

gringo: I wondered if you would be watching this one. I remembered how much you like Maite. I really didn’t like La Gata, but I did feel bad for Maite. It was not a show where anyone could shine.

tofie: Word. Daniel Arenas was awful. Really everyone was awful, but in some cases (Jorge Poza for example) it was a matter of good actors in a terrible show.

Nanette: I love your movie poster! I loved the piggy, but I always loved your movie posters too. I hope you decide to watch, even if it’s just until the premiere of P y P. (I’m really just an enabler, so I’m trying not to be like “yessss, you can watch twoooo.” )
 

tofie - flashbacks indeed. The night I was in labor with our now 33y/o son, DH parked me in the ER and went back to the car to hear the rest of a basketball game. With my blessings -LOL - there was nothing he could do for me at that point and we had tix but didn't go because I was in labor. Later on, the OB nurse had come from the game and gave DH her summary. Gah.
 

Thanks, Sara. I love Princess Caraboo.

Prob is, I like this time slot. I like the non-melodramtic comedies. But I love FC and JS.

I'll be giving this one a chance. Who knows, maybe I won't like it and there won't be a decision to make (yeah'll, right).

There weren't any beginning credits, right?
 

Gah, black and gold but I was not that committed. Was conflicted because I had done my undergraduate work at another university and was a cheerleader there for 3 years. That school was also in the SEC.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

tofie - that would have been a conflict of interest. Football is a religion here in the SEC. LOL Hubby's undergrad was up north. No conflicts. Yay.
 

Sara you did an amazing job with what I thought was a difficult first episode with all the fast speech and slang. This is my first comedy TN and I like most of the characters including Elias...Augusto and Lichita. I lol'do at your TN law clauses....clever. I have pretty big shoes to fill :)
 

Also Augusto and his wife have a strange relationship. I wonder how they came to be. I also wonder what Roberto hidden agenda is. Overall great first episode....we jumped straight into the crazy world of Iconika!
 

Is this a remake of "ugly betty"which I think
Was a remake of a latin version, and this is
A do over? When I watched some of "ugly betty" it was pretty funny. This is pretty good.
Thanks sara, you're good at this.
Alicia seems like a very smart young lady whose Going to wow the ones who least expect her to do anything. People like her shock everybody. This is going to be good.
Thanks again Sara.
 

Ah no knocking Daniel Arenas! He was so good in Amorcito Corazon. Maybe he is just better in comedies. Both CI and LG were horribly written shows so that didn't help.
 

CeCe: I'm blushing at your compliment, but I was practically peeing my pants last night. I feel in awe of Jarifa and Marta...they seem to get everything. I just bumble along and try to get the "gist".

Augusto and his wife do seem to have an odd relationship. I hope we get more on that.

If I understood correctly, Roberto is out to swindle Iconkia somehow?

Nina-Thank you. I haven't seen Ugly Betty, Betty La Fea or La Fea Mas Bella. I'm not sure how this one compares. I've heard it's an original story.

Carvivlie- I'm only knocking Dan in La gata and Corazon Indomable. He was fabulous as Willy Boy. I loved him in that. I would much rather see him in comedic roles and I cannot figure out why he's not doing more comedy.
 

This is similar to the Latin American versions of Yo Soy Betty La Fea (Columbia) and La Few Mas Bella (Mexico), in that it has a main character who is awkward and ignored and who works for an image conscious company. (This is the typical fish out of water tale, that has been repeated for decades everywhere.) But Ugly Betty (U.S.) veered completely off from the original Betty La Fea pretty early and didn't seem to have much of the same story line after that. As far as family dynamics go, this tn seems to be very similar to the U.S. Ugly Betty with the single mother sister. But again, other than the basics I mentioned before, it isn't the same story.
 

Fea not Few.
 

After those last two shows he'll probably be back to comedy soon! I can understand wanting to do more drama, tend to be taken more seriously as an actor. Galan pay is probably more too.
 

Sara- I think Roberto is just trying to get a high powered job at Iconika.
 

Carvivlie-I guess I get that. A lot of actors prefer serious roles I guess. But man, he is so bad at the serious roles. Or maybe it's the Latoodle effect? Maybe with the right project....

And then there's Eduardo Santamarina who seems pretty good at both? I've only seen him in the Rubi DVD and some Juan Querendon clips and he looks like he could be pretty funny here.

Vivi-Thanks for that Roberto info. Even if this turned into just another version of those shows, I will entertained.


 

Nanette-I meant to answer this earlier: NO, darnit! There were NO opening credits and that's REALLY how a judge a telenovela. How am I supposed to make an informed decision???????

I liked the little snippet of the song that we did get.
 

Gracias, Sara! They sure packed a lot into this episode. I loved your aside about the TN code...ain't that the truth. I see a lot of borrowing of elements from other shows, and a lot of the characters seems "stock" but still it all came across as being different. I loved Maite's work this episode...I knew she had it in her! I'm looking forward to future episodes and future recaps! Thank you again!
 

wow, Sara... all I can say is WOW... you certainly had your hands full with the pace of this 1st episode.
great lines about the wardrobe and the TN law reference number was hilarious...

Yo soy Betty la fea was originally written by Fernando Gaitan for the Colombian version. Then came La fea mas bella (for which FG came to Mex and served as consultant on site).... then came Ugly Betty which used the same very high level story setting but veered significantly from almost the very first week.
And yes, Ugly Betty had the same subplot of the single mom sister, although in UB the sister was older. and it was a nephew not a niece.

Love the idea of the imbedded tn... can't wait to get a chance to see it... I would love it they cross referenced (Jane the Virgin using a TN on a tv and Lichita having JtV scenes on the tv... but a telenovela is good... it worked on Act.

a novella with FC and JS? I have to say JS looks better for having approx. same age as FC. but if it is late (after the 9pm slot ... forget it! will have to watch off univideos in wknds.
 

Sara, BRAVO! I'm a little late because I just got to watch the first episode and follow along with your narrative as I watched. You did a terrific, COMPREHENSIVE job, with wit and captured the charm of the first episode. Also loved your little parenthetical asides and even references to past funnies: "Amores Impossible, impossible, immossible..."

Looking forward to more!

And have to say....LOVE THIS CAST!
 

Thanks ladies!

Thanks for that info, Marta! I want to see the new FC novela, too but some nights I struggle to make it through the 8pm show!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder