Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Yo No Creo en los Hombres Lunes, 1/04/16 #119



I've been up and down mean streets long enough I thought I'd seen everything. I was wrong. Tonight I witnessed something so disgusting it would make Sam Spade cry. Danny-Boy and his Mama Bear need to burn in hell. I'd send them there myself if there were no risk of being caught. Hell can't be that much worse than the prisons here.

I'm off for a good stiff drink. Maybe that will help.

                                                                       – Dashiell

Chapter 119: Consequences

Honoria was called to testify for the prosecution, but refused.
Because I will not testify to help anyone who is trying to sully my son's reputation. He never was Maria Dolores' lover. He was good and honest, values I taught him. Since he died my grief made me forget those values.” She looked at Hosefa briefly and cried as she finished. Max may have felt some relief and Esperanza, too, but it wouldn't have been much. Hosefa looked nervous.


Claudio went to see Monterubio to settle their situation. Monterubio offered him a drink.
Thank you. If you have any differences with me I hope this call wasn't useless.”
Monterubio returned to his desk and made some comment before Claudio got to the point.
About your lover Marta in the prison. Why did you invent the suicide story?”
Why are you asking me that as though I were guilty?”
Because you knew all about it.”
Yes. Because – like you – I requested an investigation that never happened. I needed to know for my own reasons.”
But you benefitted from her death.”
Stop talking as though I wanted this to happen. You are just as involved as I am.” He handed Claudio a drink. “I spoke directly with Marcia, and its' the truth. I feel just a little less miserable. It makes me laugh a little that after all these years you want to clear your conscience. Me, too. But I haven't been able to sleep since I knew.”
And what did she tell you?”
An insane prisoner known as The Granny approached her because she heard she had been raped. But not only that. She demanded that she not have the baby. She attacks all female prisoners who are pregnant as the result of rape.”
My son's fiancée went into that prison under similar circumstances and nothing happened to her.”
So you are in the same position as me.” He chuckled slightly. “Your daughter-in-law, Claudio, was guarded.”
Marcia told her Montijo what happened in the Santibañez study.
And I have been told to see that Maria Dolores dies in a fight, like any other prisoner.”
It won't be that easy, Boss,” said the guard. “The only prisoner she's ever had a serious problem with is The Granny.”
Yes, I told Úrsula the same thing. She wants it the same as it was with Marta. But the Granny is no fool. She knows.”
Can we provoke her into attacking her?”
For what? Provoke her after planting a stiletto in the bathroom? Which the Granny will never know?”

The only reason I kept my mouth shut about what you did to Isela was to avenge my Julian's death,” Honoria whispered to Hosefa.
'Oh, and it wasn't just to keep your hands clean?”
No. I will not have you stain my son's reputation. What were you doing? Helping that poor excuse for a lawyer working for Daniel?”
If I understand this correctly, it's true,” said Fermin.
What are you doing here?” Honoria asked.
We came here to keep you from testifying against Maria Dolores,” said Jenny.
'So you're not interested in bringing her down?” Hosefa asked. Jenny nodded. “Weren't you as eager as we were to insure Maria Dolores stays in prison forever?”
Look, the only one who wants her in prison is you,” said Fermin. “Let's go,” he said to Honoria and Jenny. But Hosefa yanked Jenny back.
And what made you change your mind? Nobody offered you money to sully someone's rep? If ask little, you get little. Who the hell let you out –”
Honoria came back and grabbed Hosefa's arm.
You know what? You are going to pay in blood, Hosefa, for all those insults you spat at my son!”
Oh, yeah?”
Come on, let's get out of here,” Fermin led Honoria and Jenny out. Esperanza was in the corridor with Chelito.
Honoria, thank you for not testifying against my daughter,” she said.
I did it for Julian.”
For whatever reason. Because the last time Maria Dolores and I spoke with Julian we promised him we'd never leave you defenseless.”
Honoria looked embarrassed, Jenny confused. Fermin gave Esperanza a nod as he led the others out. Esperanza and Chelito remained in the corridor. Chelito was watching Hosefa. They saw Max come out of an office.
Max, I can't leave until Ivana gets here,” Esperanza said.
Gerry told me on the phone that Ivana's not coming.”
She's got to give me my granddaughter, Max.”
Gerry is talking to her now. I'm going to see her.”
Let me come with you, Max, please. Let me convince her to give me the baby while my daughter is in prison –”
Max tried to calm her down.

Doris was hanging up laundry on the balcony of the Morales apartment. Clara came in with groceries to make food to bring to the prison on their next visit. Doris was worried about paying the bills in the meantime. She was really worried about having to return the rented sewing machine which they could not do without. Clara told her not to return it because of how it would upset her mother. She would take care of it, but didn't say how.

Esperanza, Chelito, and Max were still at the court building. He explained to them that he was going to see Ivana and he was going to go to court to petition for custody as Maria Dolores' husband. Hosefa was still there and eavesdropping. She let herself be seen when Victor showed up and accused Max of pulling tricks to game the system. That didn't rattle Max, who told him he might know something about rights but needed to learn more about the law. No judge would believe anything that can't be proven and Victor would have to prove this against him. Victor tried to taunt him with an inability to prove that Danny-Boy had raped Maria Dolores. “We'll see. As you're so fond of saying, I'll see you in court.” was Max's reply.

So Marta was pregnant,” said Claudio.
And you're thinking I was the one who –” laughed Monterubio. “Yes, you were going to think that, why not?”
Of course I was.”
Look, Marta wasn't pregnant. But her daughter – Isela – was the product of a rape. The Granny's objective is to make such women abort, but when she can't she kills them.” Claudio nodded. “Do you realize what I'm telling you? Your daughter-in-law isn't saved and your son is in danger.”
So here is where you tell me not to involve you in this matter?”
Exactly. That's what I want.”
So we'll have to talk about something else because I can't help you. I can help my son and his fiancee to protect them.”
I'm not going to say anything with the word you hand me.”
I won't do anything against the law and bring shame to my sons.”
Therefore, wait for the consequences.”
Are you threatening me?”
I will not do anything to hurt your son or his fiancee. I, no. But many people will. Many.”

Clara confessed to Doris that she dropped out of school. Of course she insisted that Doris tell no one, especially Esperanza. Doris handed her a one-way ticket for a guilt trip. She made her understand that she would be destroying her mother's dreams for her. That Max would be able to help them. That Orlando would if he now wasn't concerned about the worthless Isela and her baby. Clara refused it. She told her that now Max was responsible for a mansion, for Leo, and for Maria Dolores and Orlando owed money to Chelito. Nobody had much money. Doris conceded. She only made her promise she would go back to school when things improved.

Nayeli finally saw her children. Between them and Corina she found out what their living situation was like. Maria Dolores came to see them.

Honoria, Fermin, and Jenny walked back from the courthouse. Fermin tried to get his wife to see reason. The death of Julian had been presented as a crime of passion.
You can't hand out justice as if you were God,” said Fermin.
I am not God,” said Honoria. “Just a mother whose son was murdered. I will live with that pain my entire life, Fermin. I want to know that this crime won't go unpunished.”
But not like this. We now know that Maria Dolores was telling the truth,” said Fermin.
What are you talking about?” she asked.
Madam Honoria,” said Jenny, “Yesterday Daniel came to my place and threatened me. He said you had sided with Úrsula and that she knew he wanted to betray her and get Maria Dolores and her daughter. That's not all. He knew I talked to Max and that Max had given the baby his name and he was going to fight for custody of the baby.”
He also admitted that it wasn't Maria Dolores. It was Daniel who provoked our son's death.”

Max got into his car. Esperanza was in the passenger seat in front and Chelito in the rear. Ust as he was pulling out a black car curved in front to block his exit and two masked and armed men got out. They forced Max out and into their car and drove off. Esperanza and Chelito got out of the car and screamed.

Fermin and Jenny tried to get Honoria to call Max, but she said she didn't have his cell number. The case was continued to another session. She said they had Leo's number at home and they would call him to get his father's number. “His father told Hosefa he was going to investigate whether what happened to Isela was really an accident. It wasn't. I saw it.”
She saw it happen all over again. Hosefa and Isela struggled on the walkway near the weak banister. Hosefa threw Isela against it. It broke and Isela fell to the pavement below onto the funeral wreath Hosefa had visciously sent to the ailing Alma.
Why did you keep quiet, Honoria?” Fermin asked.
Because she threatened me if I didn't testify against Maria Dolores. But I swear to God I wasn't going to.”
Then we can't wait. We have to tell the authorities that Hosefa was the one who hurt Isela.”
And we have to tell Orlando,” said Jenny.

One of the kidnappers did the driving. The other held Max by the hair with his left hand while holding the gun in his right hand. The barrel touched Max's head. They moved slowly, afraid to break the speed limit. The driver saw a police car ahead as they approached a light about to turn red. He warned his partner and they took off their hoods. The driver had to stop right next to the police cruiser. The other guy shoved Max down below window level and warned him to shut up or they'd kill him. The driver sweated out the red light and carefully pulled out slowly when it turned green.

Esperanza and Chelito tried to get other people to call the police at the kidnap scene. It didn't look like anyone wanted to get involved. Until Esperanza fainted onto the curb.

As the black car turned a corner Max took advantage of the gunman having to keep the weapon out of sight and grabbed the pistol with both hands. The guy yelled until the driver stopped. Max had caused him enough pain to drop his weapon and Max began elbowing him in the face. The driver got out of the car and pulled his own weapon. He hit Max on the back of the head. Max went down.

Maria Dolores told Corina that her case has been continued. Corina said she was going to talk to Max about Nayeli's situation. One of the boys mentioned being locked up in the house. He asked about Max and Nayeli told him that Max was Maria Dolores' husband. This was the first Corina had heard of this. A guard came to tell Corina she needed to leave. Nayeli walked Corina and the boys to the exit. She cried as they left.

The kidnappers dragged the unconscious Max into a run-down building that must have been slated for destruction. They tied his hands behind his back and tied a white blindfold on him. They talked about whether they were supposed to leave him alive or not. The one he had hit didn't want to.

Ivana and Gerry arrived at the Santibañez house. Úrsula was trying to call Danny-Boy but he didn't answer. Arango arrived with documents in hand.
You need to explain something,” he said.
What are you doing here?” Úrsula demanded. “I was about to look for Daniel at your house. Where did he take the baby?”
Do you think Daniel would try to hide at my place with the baby? Are you crazy?”
Of course not. Tell me because I've been looking –”
I'm his right-hand man, not his nanny! You may as well ask Isidro. I don't work for you anymore. I'm not your servant!”
Úrsula pulled a pistol out of the desk and pointed it at Arango.
Obey me or take the consequences!”
Put away that gun, Úrsula,” said Gerry. He had kept Ivana from getting any closer.
No. Let this one learn what it is to be a real mother.”
I'd be a better one than you!” said Ivana.
How would you know how a mother acts in this situation? The most beautiful thing I could give this wretched dog is eternal rest!” She closed in on Arango, backing him into a chair. “Tell me! Tell me!” She held the pistol only inches away from his right knee. “You'll be a cripple with two bad knees. Where is Daniel? Where is Daniel?”
Al Capone would have been shaking in his place. Úrsula definitely missed her calling.

Montijo yelled to Maria Dolores to hurry up. She didn't say why. Maria Dolores hoped that Max had come with good news. She got to the foot of the stairs and stopped in horror. Danny-Boy stood near the door holding the baby.
My baby,” she said.
Our baby,” he said. He walked toward her. “I brought her so you could hold her.”
She took the baby from him and began talking to her and kissing her. He watched her carefully with his customary thug expression. Nayeli looked at the baby and said “You wouldn't think she was premature.” Maria Dolores smiled back at her and then looked at Danny-Boy. She looked scared but may not have realized that.

Fermin and Jenny were trying to clear their To Do list regarding Isela's possessions and Orlando. Honoria came back with Julian's cell phone and a business card. Jenny said she was going to the hospital.

You came to leave my baby?” asked Maria Dolores.
No.”
Don't do this to me. Please, Daniel, I beg of you. Leave my baby. You don't want her. You know perfectly well you don't want her --”
What? I adore her. You're mistaken.”
Then have the mercy to leave her with me. You have to leave her with me because I'm getting out. I need to be with my baby, please.”
Yeah, so you can marry Maximiliano, no? While I'm in prison without my daughter. Listen to this. Now more than ever we are going to be together. Because this is all I have. You and my daughter are all I have. I will be at your side. You will be with me. Let me get you out of this accursed place –”
Don't take her away, please.”
I'm not leaving her. I'm not leaving her. I can't leave her here. Give her to me, give her to me.”
Maria Dolores continued to beg the dirtbag. It did no good and it got worse. Danny-Boy yelled behind him for the jailor. Montijo appeared.
Don't cry, don't cry,” Danny-Boy said as he took the baby from Maria Dolores.
Don't take her away from me, please,” Maria Dolores said.
It's my baby, too,” he said, backing away. When he was halfway to the exit he turned his back on her. Montijo watched as Maria Dolores ran after Danny-Boy and knelt at his feet, begging him to return the baby to her. He tried to shake her off.
This is what I want to see! You at my feet, begging me, pleading with me.”
He grabbed her behind the neck. It looked as though he was forcing her face into his crotch. He then pulled her to her feet and whispered so neither Nayeli nor Montijo could hear.
Shut up. Listen to me.” He nudged his seven o'clock shadow into her face. “I have an offer you can't refuse.” He looked at the baby. “Baby, you're here with your parents.” He turned to Maria Dolores. “What I am going to offer is if you really want to get out of here, the only way is with me, at my side. With the baby. Making a family.”
He smirked at her. She looked at him as though he had just threatened to kill her.

Honoria called Claudio, who was getting into his car. He sensed that something was wrong with Max. He said he would call Leo and then he'd help her.
I want to ask you if you'd help file charges against Hosefa. It's that she was the one who caused Isela's fall.”
Why didn't you say something before? We could have arrested her as soon as you reported this. That woman needs to be in prison.”
I'm sorry for not saying anything before but can we still do something?”
I'll take charge of this.”
Very well. Thank you, sir.”

You won't see her.” He pushed Maria Dolores away then looked at the baby. “Someone else wants to make a family with us,” he said to her. “Your mother, Ivana. Really.” He looked hatefully at Maria Dolores.
You can't do this,” she said. He turned his back and strided out. She charged at him and screamed. Montijo got in front of her and Danny-Boy was out the door. Montijo pushed Maria Dolores back, left, and locked the door behind her. Maria Dolores pounded on and kicked the door. She shouted and screamed until she realized it was no use.

Danny-Boy was just outside the building when Arango called.
Where the devil are you?”
Why does that matter to you?”
It's important to me because your crazy mother has me at gunpoint.” Úrsula grabbed his cell phone away at that.
I'm capable of doing that and more,” she said to Danny-Boy. “Come back here immediately with the baby. We're waiting for an explanation for all this.”

Leo was at the kidnap scene. A crime scene unit was examining Max's car. Claudio arrived and Leo told him what happened. Claudio remembered Monterubio's words.

Hosefa intruded on Úrsula's little dominance game.
What are you doing here?”
I just came to tell you what happened at the tribunal. The one where I helped you.”
Ivana and Gerry stared at Hosefa.
Let's go to the study where we can talk in private.”
Hosefa made a smug gesture at Ivana before following Úrsula.
That woman doesn't help anyone,” Gerry said. “All she's done is destroy Isela's life.”
I know, I know. She used and destroyed her. Úrsula did exactly the same thing with her children. She destroyed them.”
You will do the same to Maria Dolores' daughter. I never thought it would get this bad.”
Yes,” Ivana said. She looked pained.
Think of her anguish. And you let him take her child without asking or telling her anything?”
I fell into their trap. He's the father..”
And you let them your business? Now they own half. They're going to steal it all! Ivana, think. Think! These people are the dregs of humanity.”
Yes, Gerry, you're right. You know, I've been wrong. I wanted to protect the baby and take care of her in a safe place. But I won't be able to. It looks like she will have that only with Maria Dolores and Max.”
Gerry looked at her closely, kissed her forehead, and took out his cell to call Max.

Clara and Doris ran into the hospital waiting room to find Chelito sitting there. There was no news yet from the doctor. Chelito told them what happened to Max on the way out of court. The kidnappers knew Max's name so this had obviously been planned. Leo was still at the scene and Chelito came in the ambulance with Esperanza when she fainted.

No. You will have to wait until Maria Dolores calls,” Úrsula said over the phone to the kidnappers. “You have to make sure she doesn't suspect anything.”
They agreed and ended the call. They then decided to wake Max. They whistled as though calling a dog and said, “Good morning. Time to get up.” They then poured tequila on the back of his head. “Stupid little lawyer.”
Max woke and turned his head. He couldn't avoid getting any alcohol in his eyes.

Leo arrived at the hospital. He and Claudio thought that the kidnappers were the same ones who took Max on his original wedding day. Clara was upset that they hadn't filed charges earlier. There was some reason they hadn't. Leo explained that his father was out searching for Max and had told him to go to the hospital to stay with Clara in case she and Esperanza needed him. The police were also out searching. Clara embraced Leo.

Hosefa sat on the other side of Úrsula's desk.
I feel a little relieved Honoria didn't speak. Then Jenny showed up. You know what happened to Isela, don't you?” Úrsula nodded. “She's going to be a vegetable. And the baby, Claudio's daughter? As if nothing.”
I always follow through on what I say. I've told you that. What better revenge than to see Claudio with his wife and son dead?”
Oh, I wondered if there was anything better than Alma dead.”
Well, destiny does one thing but we can help that along.”
I'm not all that happy with that.”
Here's something that will make you feel better. Claudio will end up dead, too.”
No. No!” She stood and slammed her hands on the desk. “I don't want him dead. I want Claudio alive so he will pay for everything he's done to me! My daughter is dead. All those wretches he loves! All!”
Hosefa, calm down. I got to the bottom of this. Claudio and Marcelo put Marta in prison but the one who killed her is a prisoner known as The Granny. The same prison Maria Dolores is in. But don't worry. We'll make sure to get both of them taken out.”

The attending physician told Doris that Esperanza had a heart attack. There was treatment available for her but the lab tests showed that she had not been taking medication. She would need to be in intensive care for a few hours more before she could have visitors.

Danny-Boy went back to Mama Bear's den.
Where were you, Daniel?”
Where have you done?” snarled Ivana.
What do you mean, what have I done, idiot? What I've done is take my daughter out. She needs fresh air.” Ivana started to take the baby. “Be careful, be careful, be careful,” Danny-Boy kept saying. He sounded like he was trying to gaslight her. “I can do what I want with my daughter. I can take her out, take her wherever I want.”
Why didn't you answer your phone?” asked Úrsula.
I was in the car in the park. What is your problem?”
You're a cynic. Not even taking diapers with you?” Ivana asked. “She must be hungry. She hasn't eaten in hours.”
So what? What's important is you aren't to have anything to do with my daughter because you're insane!”
You're forgetting something very important,” Ivana said. “Now I'm responsible. You won't have anything to say once you're in prison.”
You won't threaten me. You can't threaten me. Cow.”
Ivana turned away to leave. Gerry guarded her and pushed Danny-Boy back.
Barren. Fatso. Stupid! And be careful with my daughter, imbecile!”
Ivana and Gerry walked out.
You better tell me the truth because I don't believe that you were in the park,” Úrsula saidi to him.
Believe what you want.” He tried to walk away.
Don't try to pull anything on me!”
Don't annoy me, Mother,” he said. “I'm on top of everything.”
Very well. I don't believe you but you will take the consequences. You have to know that Max talked to Ivana about testifying in the murder case.”
Oh, Mama, don't drag this out.”
One more thing. Victor told me that Max and Maria Dolores got married.”
Danny-Boy looked as though he should have had rabies shots a long time ago.

Claudio charged into Monterubio's office. He pulled the banker out of his chair.
Who kidnapped my son?”
If you want to negotiate, don't count on me.”
Tell me!”
Are you going to kill me? Here in my office? Claudio, you're much more intelligent than that. Or at least I thought so. Show me. So tell me, what's your offer?” Claudio released him.
I'll do what you ask.”

Good,” said Monterubio. He straightened his jacket. “Except that I don't trust your word anymore. If you don't say anything that guarantees my integrity and my name – above all, my name. I want it immaculate.” He grabbed Claudio's lapels. “Not only will your daughter-in-law die, so will your son.”

Labels:


Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

OK, here it is, guys. I have to say that parts of this episode completely sickened me.
 

Thanks so much, Urban!

This episode I felt like I was about to have a heart attack, just like Esperanza. I didn't like that glint in Clara's eyes when she said SHE'D get the money they need for the mounting expenses when speaking to Doris.

When Dan turned up in the prison with the baby, my stomach became tied in knots. I can only imagine how sickening it was to MD.

Max kidnapped. Monterrubio threatening (subtly) that Max and MD will die if Claud doesn't drop his investigation into Marta. Dan dangling the baby over MD's head. Not sure what exactly he wants MD to do though. Nice to see him lose it when he found out MD and Max are already married. Of course, that just means he'll be more determined for MD to become a widow.

These writers are cranking up the anxiety level to DEFCON 1 for these final episodes. Bring it on, Writers!
 

They sure are. This one has definitely pumped up the volume. The last three episodes are going to be real nail-biters.

Danny-Boy with the baby made me lose my appetite for hours.

I am guessing that Ursula told Danny-Boy the news about the marriage to really send him spinning out of control. She might think he'll end up back on drugs or something and she will have to rein him in. However, Arango is no longer on her side and I'm also doubting he is really on Danny-Boy's side at this point.
 

Oh boy, I'm still torn up over this one so thank you UA for coherently laying it out.

“Why are you asking me that as though I were guilty?”

So, it seems Monterrubio is playing for himself now, do I have that right? Or is this still part of the grand plan of Ursula's.

“You came to leave my baby?” asked Maria Dolores This whole thing made me sick, how can she still believe there is any decency in Dan? How? Has he not told her over and over she would beg? I'll say this for Dan, he is resolute and intends for MD and their child to be with him forever. Ursula is an idiot if she cannot process that.

“I fell into their trap. He's the father..” I call bullshit Ivana

I have prepared myself for Max dying.


 

I also call Bullshit on Ivana.

We're all going to be white-knuckling during the next three hours.
 

Urban--Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your recap makes MUCH more sense than the episode did. I had a hard time following everything, so again, thank you. Can't wait until the next episode and recap. How will everything turn out? Did I see where the avances are for Monday? It's on tonight. I hope it's not a repeat. Do they think we are idiots?
 

Thank you UA. They didn't post this episode on Hulu until this pm.

Whose side is Monterrubio on? He's on his own side. He only agreed to help Ursula because she threatened him with exposing his part in the death of Marta, and Claudio is threatening him of doing that too. So he knows he needs to get Claudio to help him and the only way to do that is to threaten Claudio with his son being killed by Ursula's thugs. I guess Ursula isn't planning on Monterrubio being able to convince Claudio to help him get out of his mess instead.

Ursula told Dan about MD and Max being married in order to get him back on her side. Now that Dan knows that MD is married, what will he do? He'll maybe try to kill Max himself.


 

Thanks, Urban. Your recap is a must-read before I watch tonight!
 

UA, OmG. Thank you for this" grab you by the throat" recap.
These people are cold blooded, or no damn blooded at all. Meaning they are dead walkin.
No regard for anyones life. Just gettin what
They want, and mowin down whoever gets in
The way. Regardless of age,(babies) anyone,
Doesn't matter. Marta, melany, isela, max, alma , MD. And anybody else is just plain ol collaterall damage.
Ivanna is full of it. She knows right from wrong. She didn't care about md's pain she
Was going have her baby, and no worries cuz
She'd (md)be in prison. And if that didn't pan out there was isela's baby, like shes a going shopping at a baby market. Shes gonna have
Her a baby, and to hell with the mothers. I'm
Glad Gerry was there or she would continue the to Wallow in the slim pit with the maggot people, (The Santebanasties).
It'll get really nasty tonight. Ok 10 minutes.
 

Thank you Urban.

Dan makes me so angry, he is such a psycho. I don't mind how this telenovela ends but Dan's punishment better be worth it with Josefa and Ursula's punishment as a close second.

MD might have done a lot of stupid things but i wish she could get a break because she has suffered so much.

I don't trust Ivana still, she is still to me the hypocritical lady always chasing after babies that are not her children.

Maybe Honoria and Jenny will see the light and actually say the truth eventually.


Elorej



 

Gerry- "these people are the dregs of humanity". Truer words have never been spoken.

The web begins to close around Josefa. How fitting if her Karmageddon were to be brought down upon her due to the simple, humble folk that she called neighbors and who she terrorized for all these years. I am worried, though... wild animals are never more dangerous than when they have been forced into a corner...

"Al Capone would have been shaking...". Indeed. I've said before that Ursula has no 'bottom'. Nor, apparently, any limits. This is 'end game' for her and that encompasses no less than all of her adversaries dead- Claudio, Max, MD, possibly even Leo, and everybody else- Daniel, Ivana, Arango, brought down firmly under her own thumb. Stalin would be impressed!

Monterrubio obviously is working solely to save his own ass. Ditto Marcia. I doubt that either of them would hesitate on throwing anybody under whatever bus they may need to in order to do so, as Monterrubio is proving at the end of this episode. Ursula was clever in picking such desperate people to partner with- she can use their desperation against her to further her own wicked aims. In this way he and Marcia, too, can be seen to be in a similar situation as Josefa- trapped in a corner, and as such, never deadlier...

COME ON, IVANA!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE, BE STRONG AND DO WHAT'S RIGHT!!! And, while I'm at it- G.B.G.- 'God bless Gerry'!!

Clara, Clara, Clara... what are you getting yourself into???

Daniel is a wastrel with nothing. Maria Dolores was the only link or contact that he has ever had in his life with anything good and decent and humane. Not being a pure sociopath (like his mother), he recognized the worth in this and as such wanted it in his life but, being the stunted monster that he is, knew nothing about how to engage thusly with any decency. Now that he's seen the fruits of his labors (none), and recognizing that he can't have it, he'll happily destroy it- "if I can't have this, no one else will". Like a spoiled, evil child.

Am I the only one impressed by the evolution of the character of Fermin? He's turned out to a pure voice of reason and good. Honoria- take note!! This was once YOU before you let your grief and bitterness get ahold of you!

WHO is worse- Ursula or Josefa?? Anxious to hear all of your thoughts on this question... Myself, I think Ursula. Josefa is just a black mass of negativity who sucks any and all near her down into the void of her black heart. The woman HAS a heart, but it's black with bitterness and resentment. Ursula is simply soulless. The woman has no heart, and no rationale for her actions other than her own greed and selfishness (unlike Josefa's bitterness, which we can at least date back to the circumstances of Martha's demise). I guess I would argue that Josefa is a miserable excuse for a human being, whereas I don't see much of anything human or humane in Ursula at all...

Perhaps because it's such a dark and intense story- like in King Lear, where the world was SO dark it made the little bits of light in it shine ever more brightly- GOD are the forces of good in this novela not almost DOUBLY wonderful for existing, and giving us hope, in such a world??? Max, Gerry, Doris, Esperanza, Nayeli, Leo, new-Corina, and (I'm hoping, here)- soon-to-include Honoria and Jenny (and MAYBE even (long shot, here) Ivana)?? Who was it that said something about "So shine good deeds in this naughty world!!"

Can't wait for what's next!!! :-)


 

I forgot to mention the most IMPORTANT part- AMAZING RECAP, URBAN!!! :-)

As always. My thanks to you, again... :-)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder