Friday, February 19, 2016

Weekend Discussion: Crimes of Fashion, 3rd Edition 2/19/16


It's time once again to pause from the scandalous behavior and outrageous fortunes among those with both to look once again at what they often don't see: Fashion Felonies. Many people look in the mirror and don't see the big picture. For the rich and shameless this results in gossip that some choose to ignore at their social peril. Public image once meant something to these people. Don't they care anymore? I suppose only if they have political ambitions does it matter.

Thanks to Soledad Romero-Vargas, our fashion critic here at Vanidades, we bring you these disasters.                        -- D.D. 

The del Angel Family

Federica del Angel has an impressive track record of fashion felonies.  At least now that she is in prison she will no longer offend our eyes:

The tassel necklace style previously worn by Nina Perez de Montenegro looks no better on this non-flower child

Really, the bandeau top is most unsuitable for one who should be at least pretending to be a lady.

Federica, you may look as though you've been to Woodstock, but you can't pretend anymore.

Hooker pink might have been very Establishment in the 50s, but at least match the shoes to it.
This pattern is blinding, dear.  Not quite appropriate for a patrona.
Whoever designed this dress should be shot at sunrise.
One strand is quite sufficient, Federica.  This is really trying too hard.
This pseudo-peplum backless top wouldn't be flattering on Twiggy either.
Apparently, Eliosa needs these huge necklaces to feel like a Grand Dame.

Sonia's voice instructor has fallen prey, except hers looks too much like mistletoe berries.
One should show both cleavage and legs simultaneously only at the beach.
Flower child attire will bring a glass ceiling down very quickly.
If you're trying for the mermaid look, a train will sink you in seconds.

Did she borrow that dress from Roxana?
Last seen in this look, we wonder where Aitana is now.

Really, ladies, is this appropriate attire for a noon wedding?
Diana, you know what they say about going to a wedding in a red dress?


In the interests of time we have decided to present the Montenegro and Gomez-Luna offenses in the next edition.  Enjoy and please follow us on Twitter!  #FashionFeloniesDF!




Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Since we're closing in on the finale I thought I'd bring on just the MIVAC offenses today. There will be at least an equal number next time against the urban-dwelling offenders.
 

Urban, this was fantastic.

I loved the pictures and so agree with all of your comments, particularly "Last seen in this look, we wonder where Aitana is now". I might laughingly add we wonder, but please, don't make her reappear!

This was just what I needed at the end of a very long and fairly miserable work week!

Gracias.

Diana
 

Thank you, UA! I don't watch this show but man the outfits in these screen caps scorched my retinas!
 

They do, indeed.

I should add that I recently saw the Woodstock film and there is no way in Dante's Inferno that Federica would have been able to tolerate that event. Too much Peace, Love, and Grass (both kinds) for her.
 

Federica could be on that show What Not To wear if she wasn't in jail, but now she only has one outifit. The only outfit she could keep is the dress she was wearing when she got arrested. Im hoping Aitana does something to that hair, not so much her clothes. Also I got tired of Juaquina wearing the same dress everyday.
 

What a hoot Urban. Enjoyed each and every picture. Alas, I'm probably a fashion felony myself today in a sweatshirt and frayed jeans. But maybe it's okay as long as I'm not swanning around a mansion plotting murder and mayhem.
 

Yikes....thanks, UA. I stopped watching this show a long time ago , so I appreciated the fashion faux pas visuals. I will stick with my work uniform...Black slacks and turtleneck with a colorful cardigan. I don't like to think too much.
 

Urban
I'm not watching this show either, I'm just beginning to start 'Hotel de los Secretos'. I happened upon your'Weekend Discussion' of crimes of fashion.
Judging from the photographs you selected, you are soooo right. After revisting some of the older novelas (Amor Real, Pasión) for the umpteenth time, such elegant and gorgeous (although not always historical correct) outfits/costumes, I'm soooo glad I bypassed MIVAC. Hopefully, HdlS will be more fashion friendly.
 

I've seen lots of faux pas in historical clothing and actors cast out of period. HdlS looks accurate so far.
 

Enjoyed the photo gallery (now that I've finally taken the time to see it)
but I have to ask what about all the crazy gloves Fed wore? Some looked like gauze, some looked like leather, and they never quite went with either the outfit or the occasion.

I noted too, that Sonia's taste in clothes improved (marginally) as her character became "good"


Oooh I can't stand those giant necklaces, I know they're trying to make them a "thing" but just no.

Thanks Urban for the fashion critique
It's fun.
 

You're welcome, Sneaky. I've never been a fashion maven because I was never pretty enough to be entitled to it but then I remind myself that Edith Head was no beauty.

As to those huge necklaces, they're just not worn correctly. I love showy jewelry and own quite a lot of it myself, but those necklaces belong with only the right kind of evening wear.
 

UA, This is quite interesting and intertaining.
what do they say about wearing red to a wedding? and what is the deal with these big bulky necklaces? Maybe they wouldn't look so bad if It didn't have so much hanging from them but I don't know, I don't get it. I've seen some that are quite beautiful but that big ol gigantic thing that elosia has around her neck looks like it could bring the ol girl down to the ground. Im glad I don't have to look at the flower girl fashion blow out anymore. She
(Freddy) has been saved from death by fashion faux pas. Aitana is going to be seen
In another tn shortly, maybe they'll dress her
Better.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder