Friday, March 11, 2016

El Hotel de los Secretos #32, 3/10/16 Thursday: Sofia has a bad day

Hello patio peeps, my apologies for not being able to recap last week, I had the worst cold I've ever had, I thought my ear drums would burst. Below you'll find a short recap of last night's episode!

Jacinto y Violeta:

So Jacinto is talking to Violeta when they are rudely interrupted by Violeta's mom, who tries dragging her away, Violeta's pimp comes on the scene and sends the women away. Mr. Pimp asks what Jacinto wants with Vio and Jacinto replies that he has good intentions towards her, then he gets a word of advice from Mr. Pimp: "whores live like whores and die whores"- he cautions Jacinto against coming back to the brothel without paying, if he visits he is to pay, if he drinks he is to pay, so I guess Jacinto will need a part time job to be able to pay for the visits to his lady love.

Isa y Julio

 So these two should not be together because Julio compares her family to a rabid pack of wild dogs and Isa is doing her best to protect her puppies, family. She tells him Sofia is innocent and that she's a sick woman, in the end Julio says that he will do whatever it takes it bring his sisters murderer to justice. They each have to do what they have to do. Julio goes to Ayala and tells him he will bring him something of Sofia's that can be used to get her finger prints. Ayala tells him that doing so could be costly to Julio- he could lose Isa, but Julio pays him no mind- he will get justicia for his sister. And so Julio breaks into Sofia's room and steals a book that Ayala later gets prints from, it seems like lady Sofia is the number one suspect because her finger prints match those at the scene of the crime-dun,dun,dun!


Felipe:

So he's still away at the religious order but a priest has come to the hotel to request that he be picked up- it seems like he is a huge burden on them and not everyone is made to serve the church, Felipe falls into this category. Teresa manages to offer enough money to the church to keep Felipe away for at least another week, it seems like money does solve all problems! And dude, when even the religious folks don't want you maybe it is time to try and figure out where you went wrong in life, you know? Anyways, later in the episode Felipe sees Jacinto at the church and thinks he's getting picked up- but nope, Jacinto drives away as Felipe is haunted by the ghosts of the women he wronged who tell him it's not time for him to go.

Andres y Belen:

 They are getting ready for their wedding and I just don't care. Belen is a witch and Andres is too good for her, I hope something happens to stop the wedding. A pox on Belen, a pox!

Matilde y Isabel:

Matilde wants to leave the hotel and she wants Isabel to go with her, they could be learning medecine instead of dealing with all the hotel drama, Isa tells her its her family that's dealing with all this, to which Matilde replies "that's right, its your family, not you". That's when Julio comes upon them and tells Isa that Sofia is going to be arrested.

Alfredo, its time to move honey:

Sofia is having a major breakdown. She can't stop thinking about Cristina and her dad, she can't sleep and she thinks she's going crazy. Angela finds her in the garden, crying and shaking, she tries to comfort her but it does no good. Angela goes to Alfredo and give him a talking to, she tells him that instead of looking at birds he should be with his wife who is falling apart. He runs to Sofia but Teresa won't let him in the room.

Teresa eventually leaves her Sofia's room only to seek out Alfredo and tell him that Sofia's illness is a common one that afficts women who are not satisfied by their husbands- if you know what I mean. I'm not married but if my mother in law ever got that personal with me I'd pack my stuff and move. Far, far, away. I might even consider a name change.

Sofia y Alfredo:

Poor Sofi, she really is having some sort of a break down, she can't sleep without taking medication, in fact she forces a maid to open the door to the Doctors room so she can get her hands on the drops that help her sleep. She's a mess, she claims that she can't sleep because she keeps seeing Cristina and her father and she says something is coming and she can't make it go away. It's about to get worse because Ayala has come to arrest her. Teresa threatens first to shoot him (cause that's smart) then she says she will ruin him, but he reminds her that he is an officer of the law and that he has a warrant for Sofia's arrest. Poor Sofi cries and tries to lock herself in her room but it does not work, she cries out for Alfredo to help her and he does,he confesses to killing Cristina!

Sofia gets a shot of morphine to calm her down and while everyone is distracted Teresa steals a vial of medication from the doctors bag. That can't be good.

Isa y Andres y Julio:

Isa goes to see Andres to wish him the best on his wedding, she thanks him for being loyal to her and tells him he will make a great husband, then she orders Julio outside where she smacks him and blames him for Sofia's suffering, Julio comes back with "it's not my fault, it is the fault of her husband who killed my sister". He has a point there!

Come back tomorrow for more fun!

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks Juju. Glad you are feeling better.

I liked the scene where Felipe decides to stay at the monastery and when he turns to go back inside, puts his hood up. Symbolic. Turning point for him.

The previews made me gasp!

Nanette
 

Thanks Princess Juju! Hope you're feeling better this week.

I'm not sure whether to believe Alfredo really did it or if he's just trying to help Sofia. He really needs to stand up to Teresa though! She was so mean to him!

I appreciated Angela taking care of Sofia and even helping Belen with the wedding dress. She is an angel.

I know Julio wants justicia but it still seems a bit wrong/odd/misplaced to steal something from Sofia to prove her prints were on the mazo, especially since Isabel told him they definitely were because Sofia had found Cristina's body and picked up the mazo... I mean, that doesn't prove she killed Cristina, just that she had touched the weapon at some point. It seems like a weak case to me.

And Isabel and Julio seem to hate each other now. It's a rather quick turn of events from last week... and I don't like it. At least Isabel is starting to see how messed up her family is (like her reaction to Teresa paying off the monk to keep Felipe a while longer).

Did Genaro imply that he was Violeta's father? I couldn't get half of what he was saying since Univision kept bleeping out his words!

Poor Natalia. I hope she ends up with Andres in the end.
 

Juju! Muchas gracias! I have not read yet, because I have not watched yet and I want to be surprised. I will come back and leave a real comment after I've seen the episode, even if it's tomorrow.
 

J: Genaro basically went on a rant about how whores will always be whores, nothing more than that!

I also hope Natalia ends up with Andres!

Vivi- I'll be waiting to hear your thoughts on this episode!
 

Thanks Juju, are you sure it was a cold and not the H3N2 influenza? I heard that is in the air...

Yes, whores are born whores, grow up whores and die whores... his words not mine.

Dr Lazaro says that hysteria in women is caused by not being sexually satisfied, but in Alfredo's defense I will say that he has approached Sofía in several occasions looking for the cookie, but she being crazy/pregnant/not pregnant/sleepy/arguing/drugged or all of the above, has made him turn back unlucky, Now Dr Lazarus, you that know all, what is the cause of Blue balls?

OK, its 1908 and there's no tv and people barelu have access to movies.
I am sure customers visit EL HOTEL DE LOS ESCANDALOS precisely because that's the main form for entertainment. Did you see all that people in the halls, they were almost making bets on who is going to die this time or who is going to jail! 1 peso gold that Alfredo is just trying to save his beloved but frigid wife.

Speaking of nipples, did you see Isabel's through her pink blouse? Last 15 minutes, check it out! It must be hard (no pun intended) to keep that huge hotel warm even in summer, right?
 

Awesome Juju. Thanks for doing this for us and hope you are doing ok. Miss you

"I might even consider a name change"

I think Alfredo is just protecting his wife. He loves her after all.

Always saw a bit of arrogance in Julio expecting Cristina to drop all for his dead end life. Everything was wonderful so long as she went along, including the guilt trip and I'm glad she's put an end to this. He needs to leave now. Some people cause trouble wherever they go and he and his sister did.
 

Gracias, Princes Juju. Glad you're feeling better.

Not sure why Teresa wants Felipe in the monastery for another week unless it's to keep him out of her hair. She can't count on him straightening up and flying right for a long time. Maybe she should just make a pilgrimage to Lourdes.... No, she can't; she'd die of spontaneous combustion if she ever set foot on holy ground.

Now if that happened and Teresa had Elise with her Sofia would have a miracle cure.

Ayala needs to learn the concept of sotto voce to take away Teresa's excuse to get on his case. And too bad that Alfredo's Woody Woodpecker drawing can't come to life and nest outside Teresa's window.

Gennaro is one twisted perv to be pimping out his own niece and Jacinto is really creeping me out these days. Those eyes and his obsession with Violetta are not a great combination.

Why is Diego always standing like a waiter?
 

Thanks, Juju. I'm glad you're back from the brink. I agree with "I'm not married but if my mother in law ever got that personal with me I'd pack my stuff and move. Far, far, away. I might even consider a name change." That's pretty much what I think about everything Teresa does to her family! Why are they all still here?!

It's getting kind of hard to see Mr. I-Love-You-As-Long-As-You're-Doing-What-I-Want as a galán. He's being a total jerk. I mean he's not completely wrong about Isabel's awful family, but he's being clueless and rude about how hard it is on her to accept that they are so terrible (Except Sofia, who just needs help).

So who did kill Cristina? Why would Teresa drag her into the ironing room instead of shrieking about a dead body and calling the police? That seems way more incriminating than the extremely circumstantial evidence of Sofia's prints on the mallet.
 

Thanks Princess Juju! I hope you're better this week. I had a cold like that last year. I thought my ears would never be the same, but they eventually went back to normal.

J, Genaro didn't exactly imply that he was Violeta's father, but he did warn Jacinto not to make the same mistake that he did: he once fell in love with a ho, and her name was Melibea. Ew!

Poor Sofia. She really does have a habit. Did anyone see which bottle Teresa took out of the doctor's bag? Was it the laudanum or the morphine? I'm asking because when Isabel protested that the morphine could hurt the baby, I wondered if that gave Teresa an idea about Belen. Not that I'm sure why Teresa would do that. But laudanum doesn't seem like such a great thing to steal either because it doesn't help Sofia much any more.
 

Thank you princess. Nice and succinct.

Alfredo didn't do it. He's taking the fall because he knows that imprisoning Sofia would put her over the edge, if she's not there already, and he loves her.

I'm still standing by my theory that Belen did it.

I think Teresa took the laudanum. She probably wants to sedate her at will when she gets crazy and in order to keep her quiet when she might threaten to expose the truth.
 

Juju it's great to see you back and that cold definitely didn't affect your humor. Loved reading through your take on last night.

I find it increasingly hard to watch Sophia descending into her hell. Her mother is no help, that fake baby issue needs to stop now, and pushing her into drugs to constantly calm her down is only making her more confused. It does show, even with a doctor we think of as knowledgeable and kindly, how archaic medicine could be at that time and especially how the illnesses and problems of women were interrupted and handled. "All in their head"..."you know how they area". TO some extent, I appreciate the reality of showing that, but it's still hard to watch.

I will say the scene with Sophia and Angela was amazingly done. Very sweet and made me wonder the relationship that woman had with the kids as they grew up.

I don't think Freddie did it. I do think it's his way to steer any speculation away from his wife.

As for wives, makes me frustrated to see Belen roping Andres in. But he saw what she was like, he just wants to believe what he thinks he sees when it fits his pretty picture. So maybe he needs that wicked dose of reality. But Julie, I wondered the same if Teresa was thinking of a way to get back at Belen. BAD move for Belen to admit she had the letter. She always thinks she's cunning, but she really isn't that good at it.

Julio and Isa are almost two of a kind...they both dig in their heals for what they believe. When it was the same focus, they were golden, when it conflicts, not so good. One is going to have to get the slap up the head to realize they are putting far too much focus on defending people that maybe they shouldn't be defending. yes, Julio, your sister was murdered. But she was not the shining star of saintly good works either...she was killed while blackmailing someone. And Isa has yet to totally open her eyes either. So I expect The Bickering Bickerstaffs until this murder is either solved or Diego and Teresa's past comes to light.

Missed the previews...so I guess I'll brace myself for tonight.

Daisynjay
 

Oh, and meant to tell you Nanette

" liked the scene where Felipe decides to stay at the monastery and when he turns to go back inside, puts his hood up. Symbolic. "more con

Oh, I hope so. Something Felippe makes me want to see him in a better place. Hope his "guardian angels" help him see the error of his ways. Revenge on Teresa and perhaps his father by being a louse and drunk got him in a lonely place.

Daisynjay
 

Thanks for the clarification, Julie. I thought I heard Genaro say that he had fallen in love with Melibea, so just assumed that Violeta could be his. Glad to hear I wasn't completely off even with Univision taking out half the words he said. I really wish I could watch the original version without the Uniscissors... I need to learn to understand these slang words in Spanish!

Anybody notice that when Andres threw the sponge (or whatever that was?) at Julio, it hit him in the eye and Erick laughed? Carlos looked like he was actually concerned. I love when they leave unscripted moments in the final edit.
 

Daisy: I'm sitting at the Felipe table for sure.

J: noticed that, too. I also like when they leave bits of business like that in.

OT: I'm not checking "I'm not a robot" and still getting my comments posted.
 

J, as far as I could tell, just one word was getting bleeped... repeatedly... it was the P word. Nice way to talk about the woman he was once in love with, as well as his "niece" and other employees, when he's taking virtually every penny they own.

I hope there will be an anvil for that guy.
 

Sorry, meant "virtually every penny they EARN."
 

I don't know if he said the ''four letter word'' or piruja, for more sensitive people. I remember that in some of those Carla Estrada novelas, the one with Lucero I believe, they kept repeating the word ramera, and La Parodia, another program that parodied everything, with Angelica Vale, changed that word for Pirindonga (that doesn't exist, but it was a lotta fun). Whore, as 98% of the vocabulary in México, has hundreds of synonyms and metaphors.
 

Thanks again, Juju! I just watched my recording, that was interrupted right as Ayala was going up to Sofia's room, so I missed Alfredo's confession, but I also think he's lying to protect Sofia.

Loved the scenes between Angela and Sofia, and Angela and Andres. Very touching. I really want to start learning more about Angela's past.

Daisynjay- ITA with your whole comment about Isa and Julio. They seem very alike to me, and also very stubborn. So true that it works when they are working towards the same goal. It's awful when they are working at cross purposes, as they are now.

Will have to wait till OnDemand puts the episode up so that I can see the end.
 

Thank you, Princess JuJu. I apologize for being oh, so late, it might as well be tomorrow... but I had to get this thought out after reading the comment Julie made about Teresa possibly taking the morphine.

At this stage Teresa knows Sofia is a basket case and will be in no way able to take care of an infant (or maybe she believes Sofia bonked Cristina--not boinked). If she terminates Belen's pregnancy, she'll be saving herself a lot of money and grief. Sofia will just have to live life without a fake baby or just adopt. (There were adoptions in those days, right?)

Thanks again for the recap, JuJu. Ok, gotta get back to working on Un Camino.
 

new word for me -pindonga = trollop
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder