Friday, August 12, 2016

Sueno de Amor, Friday #106 No perdón for the dying

And here we go again, with today's comedy. Hold on, guys, the chuckles abound, you might even die laughing when you're not crying your eyes out because our protagonista is dying, while wearing ugly make-up and without even having her beloved's perdón.

Ernesto is telling Cristina and Ricardo that he has to go search for a priest, because Esperanza wants to marry him before she dies. Ricardo is impactado with the news, but he tells Cristina that he wants to say good-bye to Esperanza.

Pato is now apologizing for having told Ricardo that Esperanza still loved him and she'd lied to him. She did it because her mom didn't deserve Ricardo's hate and now she wants mom to forgive her for saying what she should have said episodes ago.
But Espe doesn't care about this anymore because she is dying and she has nothing to forgive. And since Ric just happens to be here, with his prometida, can you fetch him for me? Time for some more tears.


Pedro and Pato get back to the living room and tell Ric that their mom is waiting for him. Cristina urges him to go to her. With Ric gone, Cristina tries to comfort Pato, but can't find the right words. Pato says that her mom fought so hard and sacrificed everything, but the maldito cancer is winning. Pato is breaking my heart.
Then she tells Cristina that Espe lied about his love for Ricardo and made them lie, too. Cristina guessed as much and yeah, the wedding is in two weeks.
Anya shows up, just in time to comfort Pedro. He prepares her a sandwich and they get to talking about how she lost her dad to cancer, too and how guilty she felt for not being able to save him (she already saw herself as a doctor at 12 years old).
Luca arrives and is introduced to Cristina and Anya, not Pedro's novia, yet.
Pato is broken, she doesn't know how she will go on without her mother. She never lost hope, she was so sure that Esperanza will get better, she doesn't know how she will ever be able to overcome this. Breaking my heart again, this girl.

Brief intermission with Adrian and Paolo fighting; Silvana shenanigans; Erasmo luuvs Anastasia and she accepts that she luuuvs him back - smooches and applause ensue.
Kiko visits Salma, but not even he can get through to her. She decided to party, live her life and not care about anything anymore. Basically she wants to screw life just like life screwed her. She didn't even get to see her baby, so what is the point anymore? Kiko is a nice guy, but he's just a kid and she has other plans - modeling, becoming an actress, partying till she gets knocked up again?
Estrella, Kiko and Adrian talk about this sudden change. Adrian hopes that it's maybe just a phase, but Estrella doesn't want to go back to being Salma's enemy.

And back to the gloom and doom.


Ricardo comes to see Esperanza. She is lying in bed, a shadow of her former self and Ric looks shaken up to the core to see her like this. He takes her arm and asks if she needs anything. His voice is calm and restrained thorough all of their conversation, but if she were better, I bet this would turn into a screaming match.
Esperanza: "I know that Pato told you the truth."
Ricardo: "You forbade me from living this with you."
E: "I didn't want you to suffer."
R: "Not suffer? You decided for me."
E: "I wanted you to forget me, to be happy."
R: "And, yet, here I am, next to you, suffering, with my heart broken into a million pieces. Your plan failed."
(They flash-back to what should have been their wedding day: the diagnosis, getting dumped, the fighting, the crying... They are both crying in the present, too.)

R: "After you left me, I didn't know how to get back from it, I cried and I suffered so much. You had no right. I loved you and you completely excluded me from your life".
E: "I knew what was coming, I didn't want to tie you to me."
R: "It was not your decision to make, I would have been by your side."
E: "This is what I wanted to avoid, I didn't want you to waste away, too."
R: "Your plan failed, here I am, suffering the double, the triple."
E: "You have Cristina, you will be happy with her."
(He shakes his head in disapproval).
R: "You still don't get it, do you? You wanted to manipulate my life."
E: "Please, forgive me, I can't die without your forgiveness. All I did, I did out of love. I swear!"
R: "You pushed me away when I should have been with you. It was my decision, not yours!"
(They are still holding hands)
E: "I didn't want you to marry someone who was condemned to die, I love you too much for that. You met a good woman, you are about to get married."
(He smiles bitterly)
R: "You had it all organized. Thank you for keeping me away from you."
E: "Ricardo, please! I don't want to fight, this might be the last time we see each other."
(He gets closer to her)
R: "Don't talk like this."
E: "I fought, but nothing works. What would have happened if I hadn't cancelled our wedding?"
R: "I wanted to be with you all the time, be with you through this. This is what people who love one another do, they give everything for the one they love."
E: "Yes, you would have suffered with me at the hospital, my attacks, the chemo, the fever, not being able to walk. Instead of that, you're happy, you have a future in front of you. You deserve to be happy."
(He hugs her)
R: "If you say this was the best solution, then why do you need my forgiveness?"
E: "For the pain that I have caused you. For having decided for you. For having lied to you when I said I didn't love you."
(She becomes very agitated)
R: "Please, calm down. You are the most important right now. You have to get through this."
(He kisses her forehead)
E: "You can go now. But call Cristina, I want to talk to her."
He leaves, looking one last time behind him, probably thinking this is the last time he sees her.
Esperanza is left almost sobbing - I bet that she would sob, if she had any strengths left.

Cristina shows up and Espe wants to tell her what she and Ric talked about. She begs Cristina to make him happy, love him and have a happy family with him.
Cristina will do just that, she loves him so much.
She gives Esperanza her blessing and the dying woman apologizes for still loving Ricardo. Cristina already knows it and at one point wanted to give him some space to figure things out, but now she changed her mind and she will fight for him no matter what. And after that she goes to get Pedro and Pato.

Why are these three people talking like they are about to meet in a couple of days at school? Ric not willing to forgive Esperanza on her dying bed is too harsh - yes, she did lie and manipulate the  situation, but it's not like she enjoyed it. She did a stupid thing, but this is not the time to hold on to your anger. He talks as if he still loves her (although he never said it in the present tense during their talk) and is a bitter, jealous ex, who just won't let go. If he's so happy to marry Cristina, then why can't he just forgive a dying woman and be done with it?
And what is Cristina planning to fight with? Esperanza's ghost?

Back in the living room, Ric has a sweet moment with Pato and Pedro, Ric's original accomplices in romantic mischief. They all hug, remembering the audience that just months ago they were supposed to be family and Pedro was confiding in Ric with his most personal thoughts. Whatever happened to all that trust?
Just then Ernesto gets a dizzy spell (perfect timing, I'd say). Anya tends to him, finding out about his kidney situation and PatoLuca's non sibling relationship.

After everyone else goes to see Esperanza, Ric and Cristina decide it's time for them to go. Ric assures her that they will be alright, he just needs some time to deal with this. She is willing to give him everything that he needs.
They meet the priest outside and Ric tells him where to find Esperanza. He looks on behind the priest, probably thinking that she is about to allow Ernesto the privilege that she'd decided to "spare" him of - marriage.  Hard not to be a little bitter, but still - dying bed!!! His last thought about the love of his life: "Asta siempre, Esperanza." 

Everyone else is with Esperanza. The priest says that he can't perform a marriage under these circumstances (that has to be a telenovela first and rather realistic, too, I might add). Espe is sorry that she couldn't fulfill Ernie's wish, but there wouldn't be any time for this, anyway, since she's now really dying, with Pedro and Pato at her bedside, crying their eyes out. They kiss her and she promises to look after them from up above. Her love for them is eternal, they are the most beautiful present that life has ever given her.
And then she ... dies? Faints? Falls asleep, exhausted from all the good-byes?
Everyone is sobbing now, maybe Anya should check for a pulse, just in case.
This sucks!

Labels:


Comments:
Hello, guys!

I had scheduled this to be posted right after the show ended, but it didn't work.
So here is the recap now - if Esperanza is dead, I propose that we just skip ahead to The Brady Bunch wedding and be done with this.
 

Thanks, Adriana, for an excellent recap of such a depressing episode. I like your "Brady Bunch" wedding idea.

The Ricardo not saying he forgave Esperanza was plain obnoxious. Argue with a woman literally on her death bed? To be right? At what cost? But of course, he is the guy that disappeared for 20 years and still has not accounted for all of them.

Maybe Esperanza just passed out from exhaustion after having to argue and bid farewell to too many people.

Salma is wasting no time making up for lost time and waiting for nobody. I am glad she gave Kiko the heave-ho. He does not need to be included in her self destruction.
 

Thank you very much for the recap Adriana!
 

Adriana Noel, what a touching, lovely recap of what surely was an impossible episode to watch.

Your relating the conversation between Ric and Esperanza contributed so much and is greatly, greatly appreciated.

Even more, I thought your words were utterly perfect: "If he's so happy to marry Cristina, then why can't he just forgive a dying woman and be done with it?". Then you added the thought that had eluded me "And what is Cristina planning to fight with? Esperanza's ghost?" What insight you have.

"She never lost hope, she was so sure that Esperanza will get better, she doesn't know how she will ever be able to overcome this. Breaking my heart again, this girl". Yes, is there anything more painful for a daughter than the loss of her mother?

"Maybe Esperanza just passed out from exhaustion after having to argue and bid farewell to too many people". I think so Jarifa. Again, not having seen this, I'm going to go out on a limb and say there may be hope. A small ray, but hope nevertheless. I have nothing to base this on other than this is not the finale (nor close to it). Would they really drag this out with Espe gone? It's not as though anyone cares or wants to see Ric and Cris' wedding, right??

Ernesto's collapse also has me worried. I had wondered if he would make it to the end, but I thought he might die trying to save someone (but Tracy seems to be under lock and key without much hope for escape). I hadn't remembered that his health is not perfect either and something could go wrong with him.

I have no clue what is ahead but I thank you for your care and attention Adriana...

Diana
 

Jarifa, Ricardo's refusal to say "I forgive you" should only mean that they will have the time to fight about this some more. Except Esperanza just died (presumably), so what would be the point of prolonging this?
Salma talks as if she wasn't just like this before getting pregnant. She sorta changed for a few weeks when she wanted to keep her baby and then, boom, her old self again. I hope this time she uses protection.

Diana, I really didn't get Cristina's last words to a dying woman - "I will fight for his love". But who's stopping you, you fool? Nobody cares about the two of you except your kids and Margarita, who sees love stories everywhere but has to deal with the mother-in-law from Hell at her age.
Espe is knocking on Heaven's door, maybe Ernie will quickly follow (if St. Peter allows him acces, of course). I thought he was just a little bit over the top in his mourning. Julian Gill has been perfect so far but somehow I didn't feel his pain in the last few episodes. The kids are a different story, though, they did a great job with the material that they were given.

Steve, thank you for stopping by. What did you think of the episode?
 

I think Ric refusing to forgive someone who is dying (someone, anyone, let alone the up until the last 2 weeks love of his life) was completely cringe worthy.

Adriana, I think Cris' words only have meaning if Espe is alive and able to fight. At all.

I will have to watch Julian in this episode. I'm a few behind but so far he's been pitch perfect (but am biased. I have fallen a bit in love with the actor here). :)

Diana
 

Adriana this is a good recap. as sad as that episode was you did really good with tears in your eyes. I really enjoyed that long-awaited conversation between espy and Ricky. but I gotta say, those reasons she gave for what she did to him, don't hold a lot of water. Ricardo said it best, "this is what people who love each other do they give everything for the one they love". she has as much told him he didn't have that right. these things she said to him,"I knew what was coming I didn't want to tie you to me", but it's okay to tie poor erny to herself. And this, " this is what I wanted to avoid I didn't want you to waste away too". Again, Ernesto can waste away with her. WoW! And my personal favorite, "I didn't want you to marry someone who was condemned to die, I love you too much for that" But it's okay to go and condemned poor halfsick Ernie to marry a dying woman. Ok then. I don't blame him for being pissed at her, but he do need to go ahead and forgive her, cause she's dying. At least that's what mr. Osorio wants us to believe. She could have just passed out from that very intense talk with Ricky. Oh well, Monday should be interesting. this is the only story line I'm interested in seeing, that other stuff is just whatever. So what was the reason father what's-his-name gave for not performing the doomed nuptials? I guess it don't matter since she's gone through them peeeerly gates. I make myself laugh with this.

Thanks Adriana. you done good. now dry those tears it's the weekend! yeaaaaaah!!!!? :-D
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder