Friday, October 14, 2016

A que no me dejas Episode 25 (10.14.16) Nuria is not better than Paulina, she just knows how to lie better.

"Si el mar que por el mundo se derrama,
tuviera tanto amor como agua fría,
se llamaría por amor María,
y no tan sólo mar como se llama" -Francisco Luis Bernárdez

Roughly translated as:

If the sea that covers most of the whole earth
Had so much love as it has cold water
Should be named, for love, María,
And not only sea, as it is named

Yes indeed Patio pals, the sea is making everybody fall (or something like it) in love!!

We start this episode watching Paulina say good bye to her future step father Doctor McDreamy.

She then leaves and star wandering through the streets like a zombie flashbacking Gonzalo and her half brothers. She almost get run over but suddenly someone appears out of thin air saving her. It was Adrián!!
For somebody who is disappointed and heart broken, he looks very concerned about her.
She tells him that she just found out about her father's second family and is undone.
She also almost spill the beans about the sacrifice she made but stops cold leaving Adrián with a huge question mark in his face. Despite him asking her more about that, she changes the conversation and lies saying that she meant to give up being honest having to lie to her mother hiding from her this ugly truth.
Adrián tells her that he is going to Spain for a couple years to study and that he loves her.
He swears he will remember her all his life but she thinks that time will erase all those memories and one day they will be gone. 
Even so, our love story will keep us always connected.


At the same time, Leo is showing Nuria the hotel and her new duties as a CEO to be but she denies any interest in low and common tasks. She wants to go right to the money. I don't care about cleaning or helping customers, I want to go check the finances, the balances and the spreadsheets. I want to take a dive in the vault like Uncle Scrooge McDuck.
She aso wants to tell everybody they're engaged and that they will marry soon. ASAP!
One thing is sure, she doesn't want the baby to be the petal boy or girl.

After getting rid of Leo, Nuria runs to her father's office to tell him the news and for her surprise, Patricia the receptionist is not in her desk, and when she enters the private, Mónica is there talking to Gonzalo. 
She demands to know who is this woman and what is she doing here, so Gonzalo put more lie bricks to the already tall wall of lies saying that she used to be his secretary and she came for a letter of recommendation. 
Even when Nuria is visibly upset, she agrees to wait 5 minutes until Gonzalo resolves his issues with Mónica. 
He wants to know why is she not waiting for him until he decides is time to talk?
Because that would take forever, she says, I want results and I want them now!
I am going to lift the basket (levantar la canasta-sex strike) and you will only be able to see the kids but not me. Until Inés is out of the picture, gone, you will not get close to me in any way or form, understand?
I will ne'er forgive that humiliation you made me go through with the revoked cards and the school and all that! And I even had to leave the sweet bread that I like!
Let's say Inés is gone. OK. After that, and only after that, you will have to woo me again, talk sweet to me to see if I am still interested, otherwise, forget it pal!

On her way out, Nuria inquiries Patricia about the former secretary that is now with her father, but Patricia's lips are sealed and doesn't say anything. She, as a SECRETary, know that her job is keeping secrets. After all, that's what she does. 
Thanks God Leo found Nuria there and took her with him, before she continued to be a nuisance to the personnel. 
I promise I will investigate everything you want to know about that woman, but first, c'mere, let's go somewhere else.

The sea that united us, is now going to separate us
After talking to Adrián, Paulina goes to play little Mermaid, sniffing his handkerchief and flashbacking about their talk. She cries and cries and then throws the piece of cloth. I was expecting to see it fly back to her face like the Gain commercial, but no. Didn't happen.

Meanwhile, by the piers, Adrián is doing the same. He says goodbye to her knowing that she is not listening.

Turns out Leo took Nuria to her new office, formerly Paulina's office, and told her that she looks even better than her sister in there. Of course, says the girl with the hindenburg ego, everything she can do I can do better, I can do everything better than her. Even Adrián and Camilo were after me first, but she took them from me after I rejected them. 
Leo, pretending he believes that, grunts ay ajá. Juaréver.

Somewhere in a real state office, Elisa, using her new power of attorney, is selling Mónica's house in Chetumal. The realtor gets 5%, but is this sale goes quickly, she could even give them 7%!!! Wow, this is a very generous woman!!

In his office, Jaime calls Gisela to update her about Julieta's whereabouts, or in this case, the Madhouse. She says that she wishes Julieta gets better, but Darío hears between the lines and notices that Gisela's attention for Jaime's problems is unusual for a pair of friends. He seems disillusioned.
Jaime, after hanging up, questions himself why he didn't see Julieta's behaviour before?

Adrián needs a letter certifying no criminal background to take to Spain, because the school will ask for it, and the police officer is more than happy to give it to him, after all, everything is clear now, or is it?

Who will bell all this people?
When Doña Elisa gets home, Mónica tells her about the talk she had with Gonzalo, but since in this novela nobody has a bell tied to their necks, they can ninja all the conversations. Camilo needs a bell. Nuria needs a bell. René needs a bell. Everybody!!
OK. Where was I? Ah! Little René hears everything regarding Gonzalo being the owner of the Murat Hotels and prompter than quickly runs to call 411 for info about the address to go pay his father a visit.

Gonzalo hasn't had a minute of peace. Now is Paulina who comes to inquire about his illegitimate relationship with Mónica. Of course, being the lying liar he is, he makes up even more lies to justify the old lies. According to him, Inés MADE HIM cheat because they had a crisis and she FORCED HIM to look for other woman's arms. Yeah right!
OK- says the girl- but you have been seeing that woman for ten years! You have 2 kids with her! And even called him RENE and ALAN, the names MY MOTHER choose in case she had 2 boys herself!
-Well, she never did! What did you want me to do? 
- I am going to tell my mother everything and if she falls ill because of this, it will be your responsability!
-No! YOur mother's heart is fragile and she can not stand shocks like this! I will tell her, believe me, I will!
-Leave Mónica! Unfaithfulness and dishonesty are not easy to forgive! (I should know, I just lost the love of my life because of that).

Unbeknown to that swirl of lies about to engulf her, Inés "talks" to little Mau when Nuria calls her to ask her to prepare a big dinner so she can bring Leo and announce their wedding plans. Inés insists that she would like to do it some other time like tomorrow so she can bring flowers and make everything look nice for him, but Nuria is desperate and rudely demands that the dinner have place tonight!
-Are you saying that you are too busy with the deaf boy that you won't have time for me, your daughter? Oh, but if I was Paulina you wouldn't mind either, would you? eh?
-Ok, ok, have it your way! Everything will be ready tonight!

After hanging up, Nuria rubs her belly saying that she will also beat Paulina giving Gonzalo his first grandson! She is thankful for this baby, that brought her a husband, a place in the family business and everything she ever desired. You have to look the glass half full. She lost her purse and the credit cards, but see what she is gaining in return!!

After hanging up, Inés tells Chelo to give Micaela instructions for tonight's dinner. Only one thing, is has to be special. Also, the three of them, including Berto, will learn how to communicate with little Mau with their hands.

In their house, Leo tells his little grasshopper his plans with Nuria. He says that she likes Paulina better, but since she has fallen from her father's grace, she is no longer useful, so he had to settle with contestant number 2. One day, Murat Hotel and all other enterprises will be his. After all, Nuria doesn't know jack about how the business needs to be run and he will do everything in his own favor. Nobody knows who they're working for (nadie sabe para quien trabaja).

Love is in the air of the kitchen
Berto needs to talk Micaela about the feelings he has for Chelo. He says he needs to find a special time, but Chelo urges him, so he does while the girl chews a doughnut watching through the french door. Micaela firmly opposes this idea because she doesn't want more trouble, but her son insists that he will talk to the boss so they know because this is not secret. 
Micaela is concerned but, when is it about love, what can you do, right?

In Beach Pretty, Darío takes Gisela out for lunch and to talk about his feelings. He wants to try and see if there's something that can be done with them, but even when Gisela denies she has something for Jaime, her face betrays her. She even pretends she didn't understand what Darío meant. 

In Port Hope, Julieta has been "tooken" to the looney place. 
Jaime and Adrián cry as they see her cross the door to the unknown. Hopefully, she will get better and not worse. At first, nobody will be able to see her, since she will be isolated for a whole week. Maybe Jaime can take this time off and go see Gisela?

Camilo tells Paulina the baloney Gonzalo told them about the fraud. Yes, everything was Adrián's father's fault. Sure, blame the dead who can no longer speak for himself!!
One thing I know for sure- says Paulina- and that is that my father is cheating my mother. About the fraud, I don't kn... (she faints) 
René, who made it all the way alone in a taxi and asking for directions there to see his father, sees them in the distance but he has own business to attend.

The little boy asks Patricia where is Mr Murat's office because he is his son so the secretary takes him to the office and asks him to wait there.

After Patricia leaves, Nuria arrives and seeing the boy has no business there, kicks him out. She catch him looking at a picture of the Murat family (the first one that is) and even when the boys claims he is there to see his father, she thinks this is some kind of mistake and send him to see if the pig is laying eggs (ve a ver si ya puso la marrana).

In another part of the building, Gonzalo confides, much to his dismay, in Alfonso, who is tired of being in the middle and asks his friend not to smear him in his dirty business. 
Patricia gets there to tell her boss that his son is waiting for him in the office, but by the time they all get there, Nuria has gotten rid of him. 
Like she is invisible,, nobody pays any attention to her while looking for the boy and that makes her very upset. 
Outside, Gonzalo and Alfonso see the boy running like the wind and realize they will never catch up with him. 

Camilo takes Paulina to Brenda's and asks for a glass of water. Right there, the girls falls to the floor as tall as she is. Pregnancy test? No need, this, like the great wall from space, can be seen clearly!

The whole world around Inés is falling down but she is ignorant to everything, she only wants to join Paulina in Doctor McDreamy team of language therapists. Looks like she wants to
a) be close to him
b) be close to him and help others

Mónica also ignores where René is, and while talking to Alan, who says his brother is playing ball outside, for some reason only known to Eric Vonn, the call from Gonzalo never make it. Now he will have to go all the way over there to tell her that the kid is lost somewhere in the Hotel's premises.

Give your hands a voice
Micaela, Chelo and Berto are learning the hand signs language with Dr McFatty, but instead of paying attention to what's he is saying, they argue about the reason why Micaela refuses her son to have a girlfriend. Chelo runs out crying while Micaela sees right there the reason, This is why Chelo. Love will only make more trouble.

In the Hospital of specialties of the southwest, Paulina awakes with amnesia. She doesn't remember where she was last when she fell. 
Camilo brought her here because he wanted to know the real reason why she is fainting so often and you're right, the reason is not anemia, or high sugar levels, it is a tumor... with legs!!

And while Adrián probably will never know he will be a father, despite confessing Jaime that he will always love Paulina, she will probably beat Nuria yet again giving birth to Gonzalo's first grandson, to Nuria's anger and thirst of revenge!! More lies anyone?

Labels:


Comments:
Welcome to today's recap! Feel free to comment and discuss... Thanks!
 

"A tumor...with legs" haha! Thanks for the recap!

Now I think we all saw that tumor growing after Paulina got dizzy...however, will Adrian find out before he leaves? Will he find out in TWO years that he has a child?! I guess that remains to be seen...

Gonzalo's life is falling apart - and, of course, it is all his fault. Too bad he can't keep his kids in check! You know it's about to hit the fan now that Rene knows about his papito's double life. And grandmama is going to be way too happy about that! I still can't believe he told Monica that Ines is dying and that's when he's going to marry her. Uhhh...what's going to happen in 6 months when Ines is still alive?! I guess he'll say that it was some miracle and Monica the Idiota is going to believe him!

I really don't like how Julieta's "friend" is all over Jaime. Desperate, much? I know that Julieta is terrible and Jaime deserves better, but this lady needs to relax because she is laying it on pretty thick. It's so obvious how she feels about him. They might end up together but I don't like how much she hangs on his every word while he's still married to her supposed friend.
 

Gracias, Pablo. My fave: Leo, pretending he believes that, grunts ay ajá. Juaréver.

This guy doesn't seem stupid but he's gotten himself in deep. He still doesn't know about the baby that isn't his.

As to Gonzalo's latest thing saying that Ines is dying I'm sure he made it up. I wonder whether his punishment for that actually will be her death. Imagine him having to marry Monica? Sure as shootin' Elisa will be the Suegra de Infierno if that happens.

The secret can't be kept any longer; Nuria will know in another episode or two. That will be hell for everyone.
 

Pablo- LOL! Too many funny lines to recount. Thank you for the laughs.

Yes, Nuria will be furious when she finds out Pau is also beating her in the first grandchild contest. Ha! I can't wait to see the look on Leo's face when she tells him she's pregnant. By the way, how great was it that we finally saw a condom openly displayed (in its package, of course) in a telenovela the last episode! Well, now was know Leo isn't gay. He is just truly turned off by Nuria. It's going to be a long and unhappy marriage.

I can't wait for Inez to finally learn the truth. And hopefully Dr. Hottie Gaston is right there to keep her blood pressure in check when it happens.

I'm glad Monica at least decided to deny the Gonz the cookies until he's a free man. She's still a fool. I'm still getting a bad feeling about Elisa selling the house, and the background music agrees with me.


 

Thank you Pablo! Very fun recap.

I'm not a fan of Ho-monica, she's no victim in any of this, she played around with a very married man so she can't cry foul. Still..at least she's listening to her mother. The people I'm rooting for in this very sad situation are the children and Ines. Gonz and ho-Monica can both ride off into a tornado for all I care.

It's probably just me, but I am still very lukewarm on Adrian. I think the actor is okay, he just doesn't light my fire.
 

Thank you, Pablo! Oh boy are these people insane.

The scene in the office with Monica and Nuria had me holding my breath. Nuria is a ticking time bomb and if Paulina didn't explode on everyone and everything, it's guaranteed Nuria will.

I love how Gonzalo still tried to spin a tale with Paulina about how the affair started and she threw it right back in his face. Gonzalo, you're not winning this one, just give it up.

So Rene knows about the hotels, oh boy. I wonder if that's how Nuria finds out..she will murder those little kids in order to be number one in the inheritance list.

I wasn't sure if Elisa would do Monica dirty but that scene with the realtor does not bode well. Vivi, I agree that music was foreboding. Monica is still dumb; sorry Gonzalo but denying Gonzalo the cookies is not going to make him do what you want. You need to walk away for your own sanity and your children's.

I was so happy with the condom scene. It's nice to see modern people talking openly about safe sex or what they prefer, it's very refreshing.

Delilah, I read an article the other day about the main couple, they called them a "different kind of protagonist couple." I agree, they're the everyday kind of protagonist. Not everything is perfect and I like that. Also, it's two "fresh" faces. Adrian had never done a protagonist role and Paulina had done her last novela 10 years. I vote we get a new couple every novela; I for one was getting tired of all the same pairing. Just my two cents.

Side-note: we can also always rely on Carlos Moreno productions to give us fresh faces, especially with the leads.

"She lost her purse and the credit cards, but see what she is gaining in return!!" LOL, a leech is what she's gaining.
 

Alfie, I like that they are fresh faces and I think the actress is absolutely adorable and the two have amazing chemistry for sure. For me, it's not even about their looks, because a super attractive actor/tress can be dull. I guess I'm waiting for something that will jump off at me, that will endear me to Adrian. I haven't felt it yet.
 

Pablo, thanks for your recap. My favorite was "tumor with legs". Delilah, it's not just you, in fact, I'm lukewarm on this novela period. Not sure whether I can go the distance at this point. However, I do enjoy the recaps and comments.
Helen
 

Thanks to everybody who have commented.

Yes. "Un tumor con patas" is how people in my hometown used to say when someone started to show the belly while still single. I always found it funny.

They said that and also "is probably a tumor that's going to start running around the house in a few months"... Jajaja!

 

I saw Inocente de ti back in the day and I stuck with it mostly for the supporting cast, including the great Helena Rojo. Florecita, the heroine, was too absurdly innocent and sappy for me, so I was gritting my teeth through Camila Sodi's scenes. Osvaldo Benevides annoys me with his divo crap about not getting rid of the unibrow or appropriates styling other facial hair. This current look does not increase his appeal.

The bottom line is that it's the more mature actors who are holding my attention.

Monica has been a fool through all of this. It's one thing to fool around with a married man but it's sheer stupidity to pull a pregnancy entrapment. Elisa might be looking to fleece her out of the proceeds from selling the house, which will create further problems for her. However, that's what she gets for letting her live with her.
 

Osvaldo Benevides annoys me with his divo crap about not getting rid of the unibrow or appropriates styling other facial hair. This current look does not increase his appeal.

I'm interested to read more about this UA, was there an article? I have to say I'm not a fan of men waxing their entire bodies or grooming themselves to the point they resemble women. I enjoy a man with some body/facial hair, unibrows though to me do not look good on anyone. I'm also not familiar with the actors work as I've never seen him in anything else (or TN's that I've watched).
 

He was a useless brother in La Que No Podia Amar and a reformed brother in Lo Que La Vida Me Robo, both good performances in very strong stories. The grooming comments were originally quoted by someone else.

I personally like seeing guys like Sebastian Rulli with no chest hair, but I don't like five o'clock shadow or unibrows on anyone. Also, I think the most dignified beard style involves shaving the neck and most of the area leading up to the jawline.
 

The unibrow does bother me. It will always bother me because it's so easily fixable and sometimes it's extremely distracting but, as someone mentioned earlier, good on him for rebelling against the waxing expectations of stardom. The beard could be trimmed though; it has no reason to be this long.

 

UA: Let me guess, Nuria still bullying the poor little kid again ?


 

Yes. And she isn't going to stop, either.
 

Pablo, good recap. These people are so very
Incredibly aggrevating. Im so tired of hearing
People blame love for their problems. Love is
Perfect, people are srewed up. The pain comes when they do these stupid things in the name of love, and when stuff goes wrong they go......"Love is so painful". No love is not. Cauz after all the dumb stupid wrongass decisions and actions, and thoughts have all
Fallen by the way side, theres love still there.
But nobody notices cuz all that other junk is in the way. I have no idea why I went here, O
Yes, when meacala tells chelo "love makes
More trouble". No, thats wrong. Loves is not
The problem. I guess its easier to blame the
innocent love than the real problem "people".
And life goes on→→→→→→→→→→love &
All. I don't mean to be preachy, just callin it
The way I see it. And we see differently. That
Patio is why we're very unique people. But
These pueblo people are annoying me to no end. And now the baby competition is upon
Us. Thats gonna be fun. I hope nobody (nuria) stealsThe other one's baby. If one looses their spawn (Nurua). This is not a spoiler, but at times this is a plot in soap/tns. And they Drag it on. Adrian is going to be gone for 2 years, that means when he gets back his kid is going to be two years old, but who's going to be raising him or her? O boy...
These people.

:-)Good recap tho, Pablo.
 

Thanks.

Getting rid of a bay shouldn't be that hard even in Quintana Roo, but anyway, hopefully Nuria's spawn or juaréver creature comes out of her is not challenged, like mentally impaired, mute o something like it.
 

sorry,I meant "baby"
 

My money is on foetal alcohol syndrome, based on Nuria's intake. Paulina's baby will be healthy. They will be of the same sex.

Speculation, not spoiler: They will go into labor at the same time and end up in the same hospital. Leonel will switch the babies. Nuria will pay no attention to the one alleged to be hers while Paulina will do all she can think of for the one she thinks is hers. It will be years before the switch is discovered.

BTW, shouldn't there be luxury gift shops in the Murat hotels? Shouldn't we do a weekend topic on that? If you can think of something (other than jewelry) for that discussion, e-mail me photos and ad copy. I will assemble the catalogue for the next weekend discussion.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder