Thursday, January 12, 2017

Vino el Amor #51 Wednesday January 11, 2017: Saving the Grapes...Because your kiss is on my list...

Gutierrez drops in on Marta and the employees’ house. He explains that he came to help with the vineyard situation and brought some of his men to help. He explains that he was the investigation of the illegal immigrants and says he is very close to catching the perpetrators. They could spend 20 years in prison. Marta is serving hot coffee to everyone. Fernanda is there and gives kudos to Gutierrez for being there; Marta gives Gutierrez a sandwich.

Miguel comes in with a bleeding and blistered hand and Carito helps him get bandaged up. In the morning, when daylight comes, they all get back to the employees house and talk about how grateful they are to have gotten help from Gutierrez’s men. The crisis has been averted!

Fernanda goes back to the big house with her dad and he tells her to go ahead and rest. Of course Gracie is… oh so supportive.

Next day, Luciana and León have arrived in Mexico City. Before they go to check out Señora Soledad’s place, they decide to get some food. Luciana laughs when León eats his food that is too “tan pica” (very spicy).

In the morning, Susan checks out the grapes, and the harvest has been saved! The grapes are perfect and so is the PH. David and Miguel gratefully shake hands. David addresses the staff and gives his thank you speech. He says everything is going perfect for the wine harvest…yes, and we are family! Everyone claps and cheers. Miguel asks if they can all rest now and David tells them of course they should all take a rest now. They need to be well rested to work on the wine harvest coming soon.

Gutierrez meets Lilian at a restaurant to explain to her that he decided to go help David with the vineyard weather crisis. Lilian is like, “Why do you care?” Gut says it was the right thing to do. Lil sarcastically says, “how touching.” He explains that he wanted to tell her before she starts thinking he was hiding things from her. (Well of course he is, she’s a nasty piece of work. How can he stand her?) Anyway, Lil growls to him complaining, “Yeah when Marta and all those Latinos need help, you are right there.” But Gut says he did it for Lil’s family. He apologizes and tells her it’s the truth. She says it’s “so hard to believe in you.” Gut tells her he likes her very much, so why don’t we just go out and have a good time tonight and we can be “together?” (Hopefully, we will not be subjected to these scenes where they “get a room” together. I am so grossed out by them.)

Cesar comes to visit his buddy David. He’s sporting a lavender golf shirt, so I guess he just got finished with a round of golf. David says, “I’m glad you are here. I know I’ve been busy, I’ve wanted to talk to you since I got back, but then with the weather crisis here at the vineyard, it’s been very busy and complicated.”  David said the trip went very well, but a lot of things “happened”. Cesar just looks at him with a questioning eye, then asks, “Would you like to share about what happened?” David then explains that on one of the nights he and DisGracie KISSED. David appears a little ashamed. Cesar says, “What? You kissed!!! Why?” (He’s really pissed off) David says, “I don’t know. I just got all caught up in the moment. Things were going so well with the wine presentations and vendors, then I got the news about Luciana and Miguel getting married I felt awful about it and I just really screwed up.” Cesar goes into a rage and continues: “You’re not 18 anymore! Did you kiss her for spite, or comfort, or stupidity, or what?  You know that Gracie is a doll that goes for all the men. But you are my friend! I wish you would have just told me that you liked her and were attracted to her! (Cesar looks very hurt).

David apologizes to Cesar again. David says, “I feel very badly for what I’ve done. You are my best friend.  I should have respected the fact you are dating Gracie. Cesar pins him down and says, “Tell me the truth, do you ‘like’ Gracie or what?” David explains: “Gracie is such a good gal. She gets along so well with Fernanda, she’s very attractive, and she has supported me throughout this being a good business partner. But I told her what we did was wrong and I couldn’t do it.” Cesar counters, “Yeah but you said you couldn’t but you DID do it!”  David tries to tell him it all got out of control, but Cesar is still upset. “She’s your sister in law! Yeah, you say you used to like her, but I think you STILL like her a lot!”

David goes on to say that “It’s really not like that!” But Cesar is still angry and says, “Don’t be deceiving me like that!” Cesar says that when you are friends, you take the high road and don’t try to trick the other one. Cesar continues arguing about “that kiss” and finally storms off angrily.

(Frankly, I don’t understand Cesar’s being so very angry. It’s not as though David slept with Grace. But I suppose he hasn’t even gotten to first base with her on his dates with DisGracie.)

Miguel and Susan are in her office working with Susan at the microscope. Miguel comments that it’s so great that the grapes were saved and Susan says how wonderful it is that they got everything accomplished. Miguel remarks that they are a good team and not to forget it. He just wished that Luciana was here right now. He just sent her a message, she responded but they will talk later. Susan wants to know if everything is alright and Miguel says yes. But Juan walks in, who doesn’t look very happy. First he tells Susan that he came to check in on some last details regarding the cold front crisis. He tells Miguel that they have a pending chat with David coming. “Look”, Miguel says, “I already told you that the boss wanted this problem reported to the police.” Juan is angry and tells Miguel, “I hope you choke on your spit for what you are doing.”

Susan wants to know when Miguel reported all this and she is very glad, but he hasn’t told David yet. Miguel explains to Susan that Juan is the only one with motive and access, everything points to Juan. They continue to discuss the situation and the things that Juan said and did that point to him as the culprit. Juan was just too interested in the details of what was going on with the wine at the time.

Pretty soon Mig’s phone rings and it’s Luciana. He puts her on speakerphone so Susan can talk to her too. Miguel tells them that everyone was helping the night before, even Perla, Juan and Gracie. They talk about the fun they are having. They say how much they miss each other and say their goodbyes. Then another employee comes to tell Miguel that the detectives had arrived.

Ferbrat is in town with her little friends. She was going on and on about how she was helping in the vineyard that night and she got to be with Tano. They talk of Peter, but Ferbrat just doesn’t really like him, feels like she can no longer be bothered with him, so she sends him a text message to break up with him. Her friends do not agree what she is doing and tell her that Peter would die for her. But Ferbrat is adamant and tells her that things with Tano are different and he is going to pay attention to her.

Cesar finds DisGracie painting on the patio. He says, “Funny, but I just talked to David in this very spot.”  Gracie says she came out there so she could work on her paintings. He tells her, “You haven’t responded to any of my messages at all.” Gracie says, “Sorry, but when I get to working and when I’m inspired, I forget everything else.” Cesar says, “Forgive me if I’m taking away your inspiration, but there are some things I need to talk to you about. Why didn’t you tell me the truth?” With her doe-eyed look, DisGracie says, “What are you talking about? It’s going to have to wait” Cesar presses on. “No I can’t wait.  You told me that you got closer to David but you didn’t say how. So why didn’t you tell me that you both KISSED??? (Another doe-eyed look from DisGracie). DisGracie says, “Hey, I don’t like talking about these things and I don’t like the way you are speaking to me! It was just a kiss and nothing else.” Cesar says, “Yeah, but I don’t like being lied to!”  Cesar is really on to her now. He goes on: “Yeah but all this time you said you didn’t feel anything toward David but I find out now you kissed him and all you do is go on and on about him. You can’t say that you are 18 years old. The thing about kissing on impulse just doesn’t fly with me. You should have told me from the beginning you weren’t really interested in me. Things would have been a lot more simple and I wouldn’t have made a fool of myself. Good bye!”

Juan gets another visit from Detectives “Crockett and Tubbs”. They inform Juan that they are going to start the interrogations of the employees and have brought a Spanish speaking interpreter to help with the process. Miguel volunteers to be the first interview because he has “many things to tell.” They say they already have his statement, so he volunteers Susan because she has all the lab testing work on what happened. Juan does not look happy and the detectives bar him from listening in. Perla comes running in and asks Juan why the detectives are there. Juan tells her to tell them NOTHING. She knows NOTHING! (Well he didn’t actually say that but that’s what he meant. He told her to be very careful what she says and that he didn’t do anything wrong.)

The detectives begin their interview with Susan and she hands over all her records and testing results. They interview Ramon, Tano, Carito, among others. But the one thing that stands out is that Ramon remembers that the night before the wine was ruined, Juan was the one asking a lot of questions about the wine and that was unusual because he had never done that before. Later, the detectives shake Juan’s hand and say they will be in touch.

León and Luciana continue scurrying around Mexico City, getting into a covered bicycle taxi and taking lots of pictures, playing turista. After a while they stop and call Marta to check in. Lu tells Marta that they have already talked to Miguel and he assured them that everything went well last night. Marta suggests that they both go to the cathedral and pray. Lu says sounds like a good idea and they will get souvenirs. She asks about Brian and Marta tells her that the last she heard they were trying to expedite her appointment. They say goodbye.

Miguel goes to town in Sonoma and runs into guess who? Ericka! They hug and she says, “what happened to your hand?” Mig explains it was that they worked all night against the frost. “Oh yeah” says Ericka, they worked all night at our vineyard too, we got a lot of new workers. She had no idea where they came from. (Let me tell you about the human trafficking ring) Oh, so where is your girlfriend, did you have a fight?” Miggy says “Oh no, she went to Mexico City with her brother to take care of some business.” Ericka says, “Well if I had a good looking hunky boyfriend like you, I would never let you out of my sight.” She caresses his shoulder and looks at him longingly. Last, she tells him she is going to have breakfast at the local restaurant and if he wants to find her, there she will be. She kisses him on the cheek.

Susan is working in her office and Grungy Mark barges in with some roses. She gets angry and tells him he shouldn’t be coming by when she is working because she is so busy. He does a song and dance about why is it that she is always rejecting him. He wants to move back into the house and threatens to reinstate his charges against Tano if she doesn’t give him the keys. At this moment, Tano is walking by and he’s in the doorway listening in. Mark kisses her. (Grossed out!) He says he will make this relationship work. Susan says even though he’s coming back home, it doesn’t mean they are a couple, there are too many problems to solve. He says he will give her time. She reluctantly hands over the keys. Tano leaves before Mark turns around and sees him. Susan trashes the roses.

DisGracie is painting in the yard and David approaches her, saying he needs to speak with her regarding Cesar's talk with him. Gracie says, "I'm so sorry and I feel very badly that you had an argument with your best friend." David asks her how serious their relationship was. Gracie says, “Well he was very nice and treated me very well, but I came to realize he just wasn’t ‘the one’ and it just wasn’t working out for me.” David asks why. DisGracie says, “I realized that there really was someone else I loved and because of various circumstances, this love was impossible. I know you may not feel the same, but I can’t hold it in anymore…that love is for you.” David just looks at her.


Labels:


Comments:
Hi Everybody (note the capital 'e' in 'everybody'... ;-)

First off, I want to thank Cynthia for this great recap! Now, if you'll forgive me for barging in on the conversation before it even gets started, I'd like to address something that Urban asked me in the previous thread... I apologize for being the proverbial 'day late and dollar short... (but I just got in now!)

Urban, in response to your question about that run of 'La Casa de Bernarda Alba', Azela Robinson played Angustias in that run of 'La Casa de Bernarda Alba'. Laura Zapata was 'Martirio', Olivia Bucio 'Magdalena', and Angelica Vale (4 years before 'La fea mas bella') was the doomed 'Adela'. Maria Rubio played 'La Poncia', the housekeeper and, of course, 'Bernarda Alba' was Ofelia Guilmain. Titanesses one and all! Here's a great poster of that run that I found in the bowels of the internet:

http://www.oocities.org/mx/angelicavaleh/BERNARDA.jpg

For anybody who might be interested, the actress who played 'Bernarda Alba' in that run, Ofelia Guilmain, was an absolute legend in the history of Spanish/Mexican theatrical arts. She was one of the Guerrillas of Theatre, which was a group of artists and intellectuals in Spain that left the country when Franco came to power, and basically founded the dramatic arts in modern-day Mexico (she arrived in 1939). Alas, because of the time she was alive, there is very little recorded evidence of her art... but there is this- the scene from that magnificent 2003 telenovela 'La Otra', where her Sabina meets her untimely demise at the hands of Jacqueline Andere's evil Bernarda... but not before she reads Bernarda to filth! Even from this short scene, you can tell... this was a woman with PRESENCE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6bVj2FdcsM

(And isn't that music from 'La Otra' just f**king AWESOME???)

With my continued best wishes to all!! :-)
 

Stevey: Miami Vice came to interview Perla, Juan & Co.,

Luciana & Leon having fun in Mexico!

Just as I predicted, here comes Erika to SAVE THE DAY in getting close to Miguel!


 

Great work, Cynthia. This episode will (we hope) set a few things in motion.

At least Cesar knows that he will never get anywhere with DisGracie and can stop hyumiliating himself. He deserves better.

I also hope we are spared seeing Brian in bed with Lillian. She is disgusting.

Mark both disgusts me and creeps me out. I want him off my screen.

More later.

Thanks, Stevey.
 

Sensational Cynthia.

I didn't get to watch everything so thank you for filling in the blanks with your usual savvy style.

"(Hopefully, we will not be subjected to these scenes where they “get a room” together. I am so grossed out by them)" was my favorite line of many and mirrored my sentiments exactly.

"Gut tells her he likes her very much, so why don’t we just go out and have a good time tonight and we can be “together?” I don't care for Brian because of the deportation, and am only mildly interested in what happens to him. However, I did think he cared for Marta. And while he likely does in his own way, these words reflect the fact he is still a player and a user. He either doesn't want to or feels he can't extricate himself from being under Lili's thumb. Lili is onto him and it's all just a matter of time until his world crashes down on him.

"You’re not 18 anymore! Did you kiss her for spite, or comfort, or stupidity, or what?" Fiery words from Cesar. And although he did overreact to the kiss, he's right. Besties don't kiss the other's girlfriend. Betrayal is betrayal. But, it sounds as though he might have some of the digits for Gracie's phone number when he muttered "You know that Gracie is a doll that goes for all the men". Hmmm. Yes - all that and so, so much more.

Couldn't Fer have waited to tell Peter when he came back? She's jumping the gun a bit isn't she? Tano is not exactly panting at her door although I suspect he's getting a tad bit fed up with Susan because of what he saw and partially overheard.

How can Susan even stand speaking to Mark, let alone look at him?? Blech. Talk about uncomfortable. I don't think this reunion will last too long...

Ericka is bold and brash, isn't she? Normally, her womanhandling of Miguel would have put me off a bit but the sooner she can get his mind off Luci, the faster the way can be paved for David to move in (which I hope will happen ere this ends).

I thought Gracie would continue to masterfully manipulate David quite a bit longer before her big reveal. I don't think he (or we) were ready for this yet.

Stevey, your enthusiasm makes me want to drop everything and try and see 'La Casa de Bernarda Alba'...

Thank you Cynthia!

Diana
 

There are multiple versions on YouTube. Unfortunately it no longer has the English-language version I mentioned yesterday.

On topic, Susan going back to Mark will not go well and I hope it won't last. I don't want 20 episodes of domestic abuse to be more filler in this series.
 

Thank you Cynthia. Your pic of Cesar was perfect.

"You know that Gracie is a doll that goes for all the men" Not excusing Dave breaking the bro code but he did confess to his friend and it was only a kiss in public. Pathetic is Cesar assuming something that never was between them and believing she is something she never was. What is he, 18?

I wonder, is Erica really attracted to Miguel or is she wanting to lure him away and work for her? Alfonso had hired Luciana so there could be some natural competition between Erica and Luciana for the spot with or without Miguel's involvement.

Anyway, it continues to appear that Miguel is the galan and Luciana his intended. Luciana nearly succumbed to temptation with David and now Miguel's challenge arrives to test his love for her. I think someone said the other day that this TN is getting good ratings in Mexico so that must have reinforced the direction away from David and Luciana and more toward a Miguel/Luciana storyline.

So, the vineyard survived without Luciana again. Didn't need her during the launch, the promo tour nor during the long cold night. Not only is she replaceable David doesn't even need someone in her position.

 

Thank you very much, Cynthia. (I'm blatantly jacking that Cesar vidcap, by the way. :D )

Cesar immediately going to red alert over David and Graciela's kiss seemed excessive, and still does, but it did circle into him apparently realizing that Graciela wasn't so much into him as into David. For that, I'll allow it. It frees him up to go save Susan from (o hai) Grunge Master Mark, since Tano's presumably now going to drift further away from her and towards "I'll break up with you via text" Fernanda.

That said, tofie made an interesting point:

"...it continues to appear that Miguel is the galan and Luciana his intended."

He's always been positioned as a secondary galan (I guess that would make Tano or possibly Ramon the tertiary one), but a case can definitely be made that he's gotten more of the traditional galan stuff over David--maybe more so in the past few weeks, and now there's Erika as the third woman who's into him. It may well be a detour of sorts from the Mobius strip that is the A-story of David/Luciana, and I'm not necessarily averse.
 

Cynthia, thanks for another one of your excellent recaps.

Uhoh..Luci is gone and Erika definitely seems attracted to Miguel. I wonder if she would have been rubbing his arm if Luci was there and how Luci would have reacted. Miguel seemed uncomfirtsble and surprised when ERika was so up close and personal.

I think that Luci and Dave are supposed to end up together and that Erika and her daddy's vineyard are MIguel's consolation prizes..Lovely parting gifts.

I have had it with Gut waivering between being a good guy and a player. If you really love Marta, stop boinking another woman. I have given up on expecting him to be redeemed. Good guys just do not do that.

I like Leon more and more. He and Luci seemed so happy to be spending the day together exploring the city. I suddenly remembered that he grew up without his dad and felt a little twinge for him. I am even starting to kind of like his hairdo with the little uplift in the front. more Leon, please. Maybe this nice guy will not finish last.
 

"Marta gives Gutierrez a sandwich." He pretends to take a few bites then runs to the men's room to upchuck because this week he can't eat any carbs.
 

re: Cesar..Wait...What??? did he really believe that Disgracie was seriously interested in him . ..Any more than any other male human on the planet???? Yeah, well, as we say here. Since he is usually so sympathetic and patient listening to Dave's constant whining, Dave looked shocked when old Cesar started yelling at him.
 

Cesar reacted about the way little nerds act when they have not had any in Y E A R S.

So Soo--San gave him the keys. Marky will have her tied up doing shit that would embarrass barnyard animals before midnight. She is a grownup, she had been there before, she is not on drugs, though it sure appears so, she can sign up for whatever she wants to do. Bunch of my Buddies jump out of perfectly good airplanes too. To each his own.
 

I think it is so stupid that Mark is threatening Susan with reinstating the charges against Tano. If he dropped the charges, then they are dropped, you cannot reopen them again. At least that is my understanding that the law does not allow going back and forth. He would have to bring new charges of supposed threat. But who knows? They may be trying to do Mexican law in the novela. Why isn't Susan pressing charges against Mark for domestic violence?
 

"I like Leon more and more".

I find myself feeling the same way Susanlynn. I am a fan of the actor but initially felt he might not be quite right for the part. But he is so likeable, I am finding myself smiling when I see him, particularly with the incredible Sonia. Early on, I was sure he would end up with Carito. Now, I'm not sure. He and Sonia clearly have little in common, but they are a fun couple. In fact, the only one. :)

Diana
 

Thanks, Cynthia. Terrific recap. Loved Cesar’s screenshot. Also, thanks for the background the other day on how Marta was making the coffee. One of the things I like about TNs is learning about other cultures.

I'm giving Cesar a break. He's been such a patient BFF with David going on and on day after day about how he can't be with Luciana. Plus, Cesar realized all those so-called “dates” with Gracie were no more than her pumping him for info to snag David. Poor thing felt soooo used by both.

Bill, I hope you're right about Cesar being free now to save Susan, but he better up his game and take her dancing or something.

Maybe Ericka's dad is dirty since he hired smuggled immigrants. Oh my, what will Luciana and Carito do if they spot Ericka woman-handling their bombón?

Susanlynn and Diana, count me in on Team Leon.
 

Cesar knows that David has history with DisGracie. That's what made him go off on David initially.

Cynthia, to answer your question, the same thing that prevented Julia Gomez-Luna from calling the police on or leaving Eladio in PyP when she had the chance. It's fear. Domestic violence and other abuse escalates when knowledge of it happens outside of the home situation and/or when the victim tries to leave the abuser. That should have been illustrated in PyP because it began as a primary element of the story. It could be that it will become a PSA message within this one. Mark definitely fits the cliche of the sort of man who does this but there could have been a bigger message in the other story that domestic violence and psychological abuse is not limited to criminals of Mark's type but can just as easily exist among "the upper crust."

The entire charge against Tano was absurd from the beginning. I hope we're not the only people who know this.
 

I enjoyed the cinnamon flavored coffee that I had at a Mexican restaurant.

Niecie..Glad that you are with Diana and me at the Leon table. He seems like a sweet guy, and I always have appreciated sweet, kind guys.

Someone has to save Soosan , so solid, serious, long-suffering Cesar (try saying that tongue twister three times) would be a good choice. TAno appears to be too young and inexperienced and unprepared to deal with SOosan's baggage (Markme).Cesar was that mature good student in school who was bff with the popular jock.
 

Even if Cesar was a dancing fool, he isn't Susan's kind of guy, however it probably would have been good for her to just have an adult male friend. While I don't think Tano is Mark, I would bet Susan impulsively fell in with him similarly.

 

Tofie: I see that Cesar told David where to go with their friendship LOL.

On OJ Mark & Susan: It will NOT end well for Susan. Mark my words!


 

I think Susan will be okay. My feeling is that Mark will be eventually apprehended by the police because he will be caught in this human trafficking crime along with Juan. But who knows how long that will take in this telenovela that seems to just drag on and on. Hey, maybe Susan will find Cesar to be attractive later on. She really needs a nice, stable, mature man who will really appreciate her. A relationship with Tano is just not healthy. I am sure Tano is looking for a mother since he grew up without a mother. Do we know what happened to Tano’s mom? Is she deceased or did she leave Ramón when Tano was a baby? For the life of me, I cannot remember what happened there. I’ve gone over the older shows and have not stumbled across the answer yet. I do recall a recent conversation with Ramón and Tano and Ramón referred to Tano’s mom and going to college because it would please his mother.
 

Tano was hatched. There were no identifiable marks on the shell.
 

Ramon and his wife (whose name we never heard) were divorced before episode 1. Tano (Carlos) was very young then, no more than six years old. No details were given so we don't know why Ramon had custody of him in a country where child custody decisions usually go in the mother's favor. It's possible that she ran out on them. I'm sure she's alive somewhere but not making any bets on whether she will appear in the story.
 

Thanks Urban. Maybe then Tano was born in the USA and that's why he didn't go with his mother. I think I heard them say that she had gone back to Mexico. I just don't know if she is supposed to be alive or what.
 

Susanlynn and Niecie,

Let's sit back at Leon's table and enjoy a refreshing beverage. A double for me today, please ;)

Diana
 

Great job. Cynthia. Thanks. I'm still waiting to see if this story ever picks up momentum. Not looking like it will happen anytime soon. I hope the novela gods are listening.

Helen
 

Thank you, Cynthia! Well! Just as I had hoped! Luciana DID leave the vineyard and we got some new scenery! Luci and Leon needed to get away from all the drama. They seem reborn! What fun!

Can I hang out with you guys at Leon's table, too? I know I called him dumb earlier for telling Marta that Gut was a good guy but he's just going on what he can see. I wonder what his reaction will be when he finds out who Gut really is!


 

More thoughts. . .

I agree with Niecie on Cesar's reaction. This whole novela he has listened to David piss and moan about Luciana, Luciana, Luciana! Before that he stood by David through his two year depression, receiving some terrible mistreatment, I must add! He was there to encourage David's reawakening and has been a wise counselor and the only voice of reason and caution during the financial crises the vineyard was going through. Cesar really must feel like a fool, he clearly sees that Gracie was using him all this time and he must surely suspect David is doing the same thing.

So Gracie confesses. I'm kind of glad she did so we can get a break from seeing Dave be so blatantly manipulated!

And Erika. No tricks for her! She laid her cards right on the table! The actor really portrayed Miguel's discomfort and surprise perfectly! He was so cute but I'm glad he took Erika's paws off him, something Dave never learned, or wanted to do with Gracie!

One more thing on Cesar. Cesar told David that he was fooling himself, just like he did with Luciana and rightly accused him of not knowing what he feels. I don't know how the friendship will survive this. Poor Cesar! And please, writers, don't sic Soosun on him!
 

Lila:

1.) Luciana & Leon need to stay in Mexico. Getting away from the drama is a lot better off.

2.) Erika is obviously going to end up with Miguel. It's not if, it's when.

3.) David still dumb & doesn't realize he's being embezzled, manipulated & maybe framed for exchanges fraud, etc.,

4.) Gutierrez's campaign for County Sheriff still up & running ?

UA: Miami Vice was talking to Perla LOL.
 

Lila..Welcome to the Leon (I am relatively normal)table. As to both Dave and Miguel's reactions to women petting them, some guys just do not realize when someone is flirting with them.;-)

Diana..I would l0ve to join you in a refreshing beverage or four at the Leon table , but I have to go to convocation for the spring semester at college tonight. Boo. Didn't our amigo Carlos tempt us with a drink called DArk and STormy in addition to showing a photo of a mint julep? My usual drink with Hubba is a whiskey sour on the rocks. I will have to settle for a cuppa mint tea.

Later. Cannot wait to see what happens tonight.
 

Thank you, Cynthia--Brilliant as always. It's such a treat for those of us who hunger to get a better episode followed by an even better recap.

Before we forget poor Cesar's getting kicked to the curb by both his bestie and the girl of his dreams---it was David himself who urged Cesar to ask Grrr-racy out and try to start something with her. He must feel doubly used.
 

Thank you Cynthia Hampton. Good recap
Yucky episode. Before I comment any farther I have a question: lil & the other nasty people keep referring to the workers as latinos, now even tho
They are American citizens (David and his family), aren't they also? And please I don't want to offend anyone, I just want to understand. What makes
Her thinks she's better than these folk? They are hard working people. Something she hasn't done a day in her sorry life.
I think Cesar kinda over done it with
His....ok he over reacted. Kracy is not that desirable. And he had to be picking up on This chicks rejection signals. He's jealous now get over it and move. Besides he dodged very big bullet. That his bff is now stuck with. Poor davy, stuck with a brat and a murderer. And have quit possibly lost his real Bff over a skank.
Poor poor Davy. He'll be fine. When he and Lucy stop letting destiny Controll
Their life. And Miguel. Speaking of...
Erica is hot on his tail...uh trail.
She'll be better for him than that mealy mouth little whimp carita.

Ok that's it for now. Thank you again
Cynthia:)

 

I'd like to thank everyone for all their comments. Reading all your comments with your compliments makes writing the blog post extra fun.

Nina, I think the word "Latino" just refers to anyone who is of Latin descent. I was born in the USA (in Arizona 3rd generation from my mother's side, 5th generation from my father's side), but I will still refer to myself as Latina. It has nothing to do with where you were born, it's just DNA heritage to me. Technically a person of Latin descent could even be Italian. Latin encompasses all those ethnic groups who are derived from Latin heritage, where the language is an offshoot of Latin. That would include those whose language is Portuguese as well.
 

Nina, here is a good article that might answer that question you asked about Latinos:

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Hispanic_vs_Latino
 

Lila, pull up a chair. Now, we have at least a four top on the patio for Leon.

:)

Diana
 

thanks, Diana and Susanlynn! I think we're going to see some good times from Leo and Sonia!
 

Thankyou Cynthia for that explanation.
It makes perfect sense. It just pisses me off to hear them talk about marta and the others that way. Like they're
Something under their shoe. They think
Their better than they are. They'll get theirs.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder