Thursday, March 09, 2017

Vino el Amor #89; Wednesday March 8, 2017: The search for Ferzilla and vino el intento de suicidio


We begin with Luciana and David again pledging their love for one another. Luciana tells him that their dreams of having a lovely family together are about to pass by the wayside. But David tells her to never give up, to have faith, and not to throw in the towel. Luciana says, “But to think how I could lose you or that this could ruin your family, it just terrifies me.” David tells her he is not going to let this happen. He goes on and says, “These are the tests of life, the day to day family problems, the difficulties with children.” Luciana says, “Yes, you are right. I am ready to face all of that with you.”

Lil and Juan are still in Gut’s office. Lil talks about how they need to be intelligent about this and that they can still work together or they can lose everything. Juan says, “Did you forget all the fighting we did?” Juan says, “Fine, maybe later you can be of use to me. But right now, we are not friends.” Gut walks in and they pretend they are great friends and Juan says it’s always good to catch up with Lilian. He kisses her hand and leaves. So Gut asks why Lilian is there and she says it’s for TRUE LOVE. [Like in “The Princess Bride.”] Gut says, “Great, but you have to stop making those racist remarks.” Lil says she will try. “Ok, ok, it won’t happen again.”

Tano comes running into David’s house and finds DisGrace. He’s so worried about Fer as she ran off from him. He tells her that he followed her “advice” and she left him. Tano has no idea where Fer ran off to. [Come on Tano, you are close to her age. You know that kids run off to be with their friends!] DisGrace says not to worry, she will take care of things.

So DisGrace calls Fer and finds out where she is. “So where are you honey?” Fer says, “I’m with my friends, I’m in a bad mood because that b*tch Luciana took away my father’s love. All this time my father has been deceiving me.” [In the background her friends are coming in with a tray full of Margaritas.] Grace says, “Just tell me where you are and I’ll come pick you up.” But Fer says, “No, I don’t want to see ANYONE right now. And don’t say anything to my Dad about this.” Grace reminds her that she is the woman of the house needs to return. Fer says, “No, I’m staying with my friends until I’m calm enough to come home. Just leave me alone. I’ll call you when I’m ready.”
 Miguel and Carito meet in town for coffee and Carito is overjoyed to be there with Miggy. Mig says, “I really wanted to talk to you.” Carito then says, “Ok, let’s talk.” He goes to explain about the situation where Juan accused him of hiding immigrants. “Oh but when the police finish investigating, they will find you innocent”, says Carito. “However” Miguel replies, “I met one of the immigrants who was holed up with the rest of them. He told me about a very nice, young pretty gal who brought them food and water.” “And what does this have to do with me” says Carito. Miguel tells her that just the way he described this young gal just gave him the impression it might be her. “Well”, says Carito, “There might be a lot of girls who are like me. But how can you ever think that I would be involved in something like this?” “Look”, says Miguel. “I’m not here to judge you. But if there is something that you might know, please tell me!” Carito says, “Hey I’d like to help, but I know NOTHING!” Then she gets up to leave. Not even Miggy can get her to spill the beans.

In Susan’s office Lu and Susan discuss the Fernanda situation. Susan advises her to have patience. [This was a boring conversation]

Lu asks about the immigrant and what Susan knows about him. Susan says that Miguel wants to take him to Gutierrez to see if he can get amnesty. [Again this is a FEDERAL concern, not a Sonoma County concern.] Luciana does not like the idea, but Susan says he’s the sheriff now and it’s best to support him. Luciana gets the bright idea to call Miguel and advise him on this. Susan says not to because he is just starting a new relationship with Erica and Lu should just stay back for a while. Susan says that Mig is now happy and that Lu should be happy for him.

Tano tells Ramón about what happened with Fernanda. Tano relays how DisGrace asked him to help with Fernanda and how it all went wrong. He tells his dad how he advised Fernanda and she wouldn’t listen to anything he said. She wanted them to run away together and Tano said no. Ramón says that Tano did the right thing, but it bothers him that DisGrace asked him to get involved. Tano replies, “Yes, I know all that, but right now, I’m just worried.” He picks up his phone to try to call Fernanda again.

The mother/daughter witch team are in Lil’s room and Lil is bragging about how she is now in charge of Gut’s public relations. [I still don’t get how that could happen. Doesn’t the County of Sonoma have its own public relations department there?] DisGrace says, “Yeah wonderful. But you are forgetting about everything here, aren’t you?” Lil says, “Yeah, but you said you were in charge. But don’t you worry. I’m still working on this for the both of us.” DisGrace says that she arranged for Fer to see her dad kissing Luciana and now that is their ticket to stay.

David is on the phone trying to reach Fernanda but all he gets is her voicemail. DisGrace walks in and tells him that Fer told her what happened, but she does not know where Fer is either. DisGrace says, “Oh I tried to call her, but she won’t answer her phone.” [LIAR!!!] She goes on to tell him that if she were Fernanda she would have acted the same way. Oh and she thinks that Luciana doesn’t care about this either. David says, “This is not the time or place to discuss this now. I need to find my daughter!” He goes to leave and DisGrace wants to go with him. He stops her and says it’s better that she stay behind in case Fer returns. So she tells him, “Just don’t bring Luciana with you because who knows how Fer will react action when she sees Luciana.” David becomes quite angry by this time and tells her, “Just stay here and if she comes home, please call me.” Then Tano walks in and says he needs to talk with David. But since he doesn’t know where Fer is, he can’t be of much help.

[I think everyone here knows that if you have a teenager who has run off, you just don’t get into town looking for him/her. You call all their friends and their parents FIRST to find out if they have seen your wayward child.]

Next, DisGrace is with Mommy Dearest telling her that she talked to David but failed to tell him that Fer is at her friend’s house. “So when are you going to tell him?” DisGrace says, “Soon, but I want to see him suffer first. When I saw him kiss Luciana, it enraged me so much and I felt like a rabid female dog.” Lil says, “Why is it that you do everything impulsively?” DisGrace says, “No mother, everything I do comes out perfectly fine. This will probably be a long night because I don’t think Fer will want to come home. ” Lil says, “At least I have a plan with Gutierrez. And you? What do you have besides your art? What if David blames you for Fernanda’s temper tantrum?” DisGrace replies, “Hey, I will end up with David and the first person that I am going to throw out is you. Think about it!”

Luciana walks in the house and asks David if he has her from Fernanda yet. He says not yet. So she asks him the million dollar question, “Don’t you have any of the phone numbers of her friends?” David’s reply is “No I don’t. I also don’t have access to any of her social media either. I have no idea how to contact her.” [What kind of a father is he?] He leaves to go find her and promises to let her know if he finds Fernanda.

Meanwhile, Fernanda is getting pretty drunk with her friends. She tells her friends how she tried to get Tano to run away with her but he would not. They want to know what they can do to help her feel better. So her friend tells her about her mother’s pills that make her feel better after she’s had a fight with her father. The pills take away all the sadness and they are prescribed by a psychiatrist. She offers them to Fernanda and runs to get them. Her other friend on the other hand doesn’t think this is such a good idea. She gives Fer the bottle of prescription meds and they continue to drink and Fer continues to cry. She just wants something to take away her pain. [Please take this girl to therapy!]

Luciana goes to the kitchen to tell Marta what happened and how Fer hit her. Now Fer is missing and David is looking for her. For once Marta is very sympathetic and encouraging when Lu says she doesn’t know if she is ready for this. Marta says that things will get better soon, but for now, the most important thing is that Fernanda is found safe. She offers Lu some tea.

DisGrace comes back to Lil’s room and says, “Have you thought about what I told you yet?” Lil, sitting there with a goblet of red wine says, “No, can you see that I’m sitting here relaxing?” So DisGrace turns around to leave the room. “The truth is”, says Lil, “is that this whole thing has me very anguished.” DisGrace says, “Remember, that your apartment in San Diego is in MY NAME and is one of the smarter things my father did before he died.” Lil gets extremely irritated and says, “Don’t ever mention your father!” “Now Grace, I am on your side here. Remember before all this happened it was all me. Give me credit. Don’t you know that you need me too? So how long is it going to take you now to nab David?” Grace then calls David and asks if he has found her. No he hasn’t and he asks if she has heard anything and of course, LIAR, LIAR says she knows nothing. Lil is at least the more sensible one here and tells Grace to call Fer to tell her she has to come home. DisGrace says, “Oh no, we are going to drag this on and on so that David can keep on worrying. He has to come to the realization that he NEEDS me to have a happy family.”

At the employees house Tano is telling León about Fernanda and how she wanted Tano to run away with her. His only thoughts to the bad idea was that there was no way to support themselves. León thinks that this is the end of Tano and Fernanda's relationship. Tano is feeling very guilty and is thinking this is his fault.

David returns and finds Lil and DisGrace in the living room. Grace tells Dave that she did hear from Fer but she did not want to pressure Fer into telling her where she was. David says to call her and DisGrace offers him her phone. “No” David says, “She won’t want to talk to me. You call her.” So DisGrace proceeds to call Fer and says she is going to pick her up and take her home. Then Lil says, “I don’t know why you want to take us away from the kids. Can’t you see that Fernanda really trusts Grace?” They both talk David into letting them stay and how they are a united family. “See how much you need us and we can’t leave?” Grace leaves to pick up Fernanda and Dave calls Lu to let her know that Fer is with her friends.

Miguel returns to the SB Vineyard and he and Erica discuss what happened with Carito. Erica advises him that even though Carito wouldn’t tell him anything, the police are still investigating.

At Juan’s place, Perla is massaging Juan’s shoulders. Juan talks about his favorite subject and how he is going to ruin David and he’s going to take ownership of the vineyard. In fact, David will just hand over the vineyard to Juan as a gift because his property will be worthless!
 Then Mark barges in with his gripes and accusations about Perla’s having something to do with some escaped immigrants and says that the girl who brings them water is the one who tells them to run away. He goes in to try to attack her in front of Juan. Of course Perla denies all this and Mark calls her a liar. Then Mark says it was Carito and tells Perla that “It’s over for your friend Carito!” Perla says, “Look I’ve covered for you over and over again. I’d go to jail for you. But if Mark hurts Carito, I will NEVER forgive you!”

Back at Casa Robles, Luciana comforts Bobby in a very maternal way. He confesses that when his father told him he was ready for a new love, he thought that Luciana would be his choice because he knows they love each other. Marta comes in and complements Luciana on her maternal instincts.

DisGrace brings a drunken Fernanda home and David lays into her. But Fer says, “I already told you that I’m not going to pay any attention to what you say now!” He tells that she must respect him because he’s her father. But she goes into full blown meltdown again. “I’ll never accept that you are with Luciana! I hate you!” She goes into her room and locks the door. David is at the locked door trying to go in. Fernanda pours out some pills into her hand and takes them. She texts messages Tano and sends him some “goodbye” texts and takes a handful of pills.

Marta and Lu walk past Lil and DisGrace and Grace tells Lu to leave Fer alone and let them handle Fernanda. She blames Lu for what happened. Marta rushes to her defense and says that David prefers Luciana. DisGrace says that her (Luciana's) relationship with David will ruin the family.

Fer's phone is ringing in the background now. Sonia brings David the keys and they find a collapsed Fernanda on the bed unconscious. Sonia calls 911. She comes running down to break up the cat fight between the four to tell them what happened. David cradles Fer in his arms…..I suppose the paramedics are on their way……

Labels:


Comments:
Hi 'Vino' people!!

First of all, Cynthia, what a terrific recap! I'd say it was even better than the show... but I don't know if that's all that much of a compliment! By ANY standard, this was great, and thanks again.

I've lurked into this patio over the past few days what with ECDLP ending and AQNMD reaching it's conclusion. I refuse to watch Uni's new narco-novela just because it's a narco-novela (not because it's a narco-novela, but just because I think Uni attempting to hone in on Telemundo's narco-novela success is a cynical way to treat it's viewers. If you want to take viewers away, provide them something WORTH watching instead of just trying to ape the other guys.... but anyway...)

I'm not a fan of this novela in the least. Never have I seen Gabriel Soto, Azela Robinson, and Cynthia Klitbo so truly and utterly wasted. The last two, particularly, as they're such spectacular television presences that to see them foundering around in this miserable excuse for a script- Lilian just lazing around TALKING about scheming- not even DOING anything (I have NEVER seen a character played by Azela Robinson that was.... just... so... INEFFECTUAL), but just TALKING about scheming, and then Marta being a holier-than-thou 'mujer sufrida' HYPOCRITE. That the producer gives his own flesh and blood a leading role is another strike against it as I despise nepotism and inherited privilege (for the same reason I loathe Osorio and his dancing spawn). We just seem to be bumping from one minor, temporary misunderstanding (I can't even call them 'crises') to another temporary misunderstanding. It's like a Lucero Suarez production, without the schmaltz. Or like 'Pasion y poder' without the psychoanalysis. Whatever it is, I'm glad you guys are enjoying, but I personally wish you all had something more worthy of your contributions here. I say this because, absolutely, you guys are probably the FUNNIEST f**king patio I've ever ventured into in all the years I've been on here (which is quite a while, actually as I lurked here for at least a couple of years, scared to contribute anything by a couple of recappers/commentors that reminded me of the 'cool girls' in high school). But yeah, over the past week-and-a-half as I've been reading the recaps and the comments I've been absolutely delighted by you guys. I only wish, as I said, that you guys had something better to talk about...

I hope nobody minds, but I wanted to do a shout-out in regards to comments from a couple of days ago... Susanlynn, Lila, and Julie, I had to smile at your reflections as to those who've disappeared into the proverbial ether here on Caraycaray, as there were definitely a lot of colorful characters among them, who brought a lot of life to these patios. Oftentimes, when somebody new comes into our Caraycaray life (I remember Nandicta's first recaps- so detailed, well-written, with lexicon, turns-of-phrases and colloquialisms translated, and vocabulary list at the end- thinking to myself "WHERE has this woman BEEN all of our CarayCaray lives????"), or when a relative newcomer tries their hand and recapping and takes to it like a fat kid would to a pile of Smarties (as has happened with Cynthia, Delilah, Kendra, Pablo, Alfredo, and many others), something which after the fact, for some reason I felt immensely PROUD of (in addition to grateful TO) them for, reflecting sadly that some of our departed brethren on here for whatever reasons are no longer around to be a part of the great group that have taken the seats at the patio where they once were. Such is life, I guess.
 


I also want to thank you for bringing up Madeleine. If I mentioned that, before, I was scared to even comment because of the presence of some of the 'cool girls' like one would encounter in the hallways of high-school, Madeleine would be like the member of the cool girl clique that liked everybody, that everybody liked, and who when you saw her, weren't afraid to walk down that hallway like you might be otherwise had she NOT been in the group. She was a nice, classy, genuinely sweet person on here, and I have no doubt that she was the exact same in real life too. I didn't even know her, even online here, but I was stunned to learn that her cancer had taken her as swiftly as it did. It's a reminder and a reflection as to how fleeting anything can be in life, I guess. Anyways, with her and that in mind, I'd like to raise a glass to all of those that have departed us for their own reasoning, in thanks for that which they gave us while they were here, do so with one hand on my heart in honour of Madeleine and anyone who left us for reasons NOT of their choosing, and offer a deep bow and my most sincere and heartfelt thanks to people like Vivi, Urban, Anita, dy77, etc. who have kept these patios open, hopping, happening, and welcoming to others, as well as to all of the current commentors on here, who decided to take a peek inside this site and see what was happening, and then decided to pull up a seat to join us.

Thanks for all helping to make this site as enjoyable as it is. :-)
 

The FAKE SUICIDE attempt by FerBrat is smoke-screen in order to keep David & Luciana apart!

 

Thank You Cynthia.

Steve what I want to know is what is the parent going to think when she gets home and realizes that the whole fripping prescription bottle is missing. That was what? Prozac or something and she gave FerGoodTryThanks the bottle which we saw when she got home. The girls are presumptively all 18 now so drinking is legal, stealing prescription drugs is NOT, not even a maybe OK. 18 and qualifies for jail level wrong.

David is maddeningly forgiving. He needs to go ahead and kick those witches to the curb NOW, 'Family Crisis" or no family crisis. They can visit her in the hospital, and in rehab, but they wouldn't if there was no hope of their return.

I hope this next (I assume) go-around with Smuguel makes it to San Fran. Kind of a side by side comparo for Luci to help her make up[ her mind, youth and exuberance versus a practiced performer. Great ammo in a fight too.
 

Cynthia, your title was inspired as was the recap. The screen shots were wonderful, the dish delicious.

Even if David had no information on Fer's friends, wouldn't calling the school be the next thing to do? “[Come on Tano, you are close to her age. You know that kids run off to be with their friends!”. I would suspect that Tano likely had no information on them either except perhaps first names (?) I'm not sure he could have been of any help except of course as you suggested, the idea that they be tracked down somehow.

Fer's "friend" that suggested she take her mother's medication seemed (unfortunately) very realistic. And plying her with liquor seemed not to be too much of an outrageous idea as well.

The attempted suicide to me showed that Fer is being far more than a selfish brat. Steve, if she had faked taking the pills, I agree that would have certainly been a fake attempt. But while hesitant, she took a huge handful, a desperate measure. She is truly troubled and needs immediate help.

Lili and Graciela continuing their twisted games, using their granddaughter/niece for their own ends is nauseating.

I'm very afraid for Carito.

"Gut asks why Lilian is there and she says it’s for TRUE LOVE". Now that made me gag. I am at a complete loss to understand the Brian/Lil/Marta relationship. Nor do I care.

I'm certain Fer will pull through but of course this will totally derail Luci and David's romance and keep the wicked stepmother and daughter firmly ensconced in the house.

Stevey, thank you for your thoughtful comments. Madeline is very deeply missed as is the presence of others whose insights and camaraderie are greatly missed.

If I might, I do respectfully disagree with you on one point you raised. I feel Sofia Castro is doing an outstanding job here. While having her father as the Executive Producer surely helped her obtain the role, her performance tells me that she was a wise choice.

Cynthia, thank you for starting the day off so splendidly.

Diana

The only light scene of the night was Luci and Marta handing their cups off to Lili as they ran upstairs to see Fer. The horrified look on Lili's face was priceless.

 

A. Replace the bedroom doorknobs except the Master Suite with closet style locksets (Non Locking)
B. Go to that cheaters website and buy a couple those battery powered wireless "Air Freshener" spy cameras
C. Dave, did you hear me about the Baker Act? Well CA. is going to do it for you so nevermind

Will Perla stand by and let SkidMark whack Carita? Which is most important, your long time friend Carita, or a couple bags from 579? On second thought, they probably don't have anything in your size--- Heffa.
 

Another score Cynthia, thank you!

Why didn't Marta know where Fernanda was, TN nanny's know everything. Marta isn't worth what David pays her.

At this point I question Lisa's reputation of saint. Her mother, sister and daughter are all crazy shrews so there is crazy in there
 

Cynthia! Bravo and thank you! Fantabulous, action-packed recap and screen caps that terrifically tells the story even if one didn't watch!

I'm past tired of Fer. I won't tell her to DIE but who the hell thought she was ready to go off to college! Is she 13? Yah, she needs some therapy all right. When she finds out what a lying, scheming, murdering BITCH her savior aunt is, she'll want to do a fast-track suicide, like with a bullet.

I liked that when DisGrace and Lulian spewed that "you need us" crap on David he had the last word when he said, "Unfortunately it's true and I blame myself for being so disconnected that Fer had to depend on you." And he spat that "you" out with obvious disdain!

Tano, now you've experienced an old and a young, unstable, troubled woman. Go out among the vines and sunshine and find yourself an unburdened, lovely young girl and leave Soosan and Ferzilla to the shrinks! Take Leo's wise counsel: It's over!

Thanks, DisGracie for adding another dose of treacherous to your crazy. Oh, when David finds out you lied and even manipulated when his daughter was missing. DisGracie is the craziest, most tenacious and vicious nut job I have ever seen!

Luci! Keep the faith and don't forget DisGracie declared war! This is it! Stand by your man!

Stevey Thanks for stopping by! Yah, I don't mind this show at all. Although I've fussed about it being slow, the pace is appropriate for a man having awakened out of a nightmare, the drowning death of his beloved wife leaving, him a widow and his young children orphaned as he spiraled down into a deep depression and self-imposed exile into the memories and worship of his late wife. He is STILL waking up to see hew he is surrounded by rats that ran rampant through his home and vineyard: Juan was exposed himself last week but DisGracie and Lilian are still gnawing away at the foundations of his home and hearth. I patiently await the unmasking of DisGracie, murderous, obessessed psychopath!

Anywho, gotta go! Thanks, Cynthia!
 

Are you girls all still in study hall detention? Oh, makeup? Yeah gotta look the best for the patio.

If SkidMark kills Carita and gets caught I hope he has his / Perla's phone on him when he is taken in/down. Not only will that tie Perla to him, that will tie NoJuan to him also. A thorough examination of that phone could yield all kinds of information too, as it was his 'throw down' phone which he used for his clandestine activities. Those call logs would yield a world of information.
 

Conveniently, Kirby, nobody's mentioned Mark's purloined phone in a while either...albeit with Mark now gunning for Carito, it's definitely a secondary point.

And after reading that delish recap, kudos Cynthia, I think Stevey and I--and probably a fair chunk of us on the Patio--are on the same page. The past, oh, eight episodes have curiously highlighted how the three actors with top billing on this show have been, perhaps 60% of the time, secondary characters on their own show. Really, it's generally pimped four actors: Kimberly Dos Ramos and Christian de la Campa (being the "gets" from the competition and the chief villains, to some degree I get this), Raul Coronado (whom I still refer to as the stealth galan of this show, and who will likely get his own novela within two years), and Irina Baeva (both the co-protagonist and ingénue, or at least fighting for the latter title--and probably focus level--with Sofia Castro). After them, maybe Azela Robinson--who had one kindasorta villainous moment really early on, and ever since then has basically been the VEA equivalent of Mama Joyce from The Real Housewives of Atlanta: funny, bitchy, and extraneous 75% of the time (and that one hurts almost as much as Gabriel Soto being stuck channeling Rogelio from LQNPA about as often).

As for Cynthia Klitbo...she may well be the one actor most misused by this fakakta show. Marta is admittedly a secondary if not tertiary character, but she's literally locked down into either bitching at Lilian (and as frigging old as that has gotten, it seems to be the one place where Cynthia and Azela really get to shine) or fussing over kids, minus the brief moment where she got to get her freak on, and having an actress that good in a role that limited is frustrating as hell.

Anyway, back to this episode...which really wasn't that bad, and at least had some subtle visual gags, so to speak. Like Magic Brian's "Lemme back up a bit...whaaat?" face when Lilian told him she was doing his PR for "love," or the synchronized death glares Lil and Graciela shot Luciana towards the end of the show, or how unintentionally hilarious Fernanda getting her drunk on was (complete with plastic margarita glasses).
 

Cynthia, thank you for another great review of all the crazy . You are doing a consistently wonderful job .

Stevey...Hi. Yes the patio is an interesting place full of interesting people . I always enjoy when new folks join in , and I always miss those who drift away for whatever reason. Through the years , I have wandered off now and then.#reallife

Well, things are starting to percolate now. As soon as I saw those teens in the bedroom with the cocktails, I knew this would not end well. Teens are like Alice in wonderland..Drink this. Here, have some of Mom's Prozac. It always calms mom down. Fer, maybe if you had studied your chemistry textbook you would have realized that mixing booze and pills can have very deadly results. However, she had that teen mindset.."I'll show dad!!!"

Diana..I am with you on Lillian's heartfelt (teehee) declaration "I am here for true love" with a smirk on her face showing how much she believed that. Gut had an interesting expression on his face . #waitwhat


I am starting to love Tano. You can tell that he is a good guy who was raised well by a good guy . I have a young guy in my class with a similar haircut, so this haircut is evidently a thing now. However, my student has curlier hair, so he looks neater than Tan-geled .

It seems that Disgrace self aware because she told Lilian that she can be like a rabid dog. Couldn't have said it better myself. I usually like her clothes, what was she wearing last night? It looked like a riding outfit. Was she planning to go foxhunting?

Regarding Marta telling Luci that she had good maternal instincts , hmmm is Luci pregnant ? #itcanhappentoyou
 

Susanlynn, even though I've been watching along with you these many years, it hadn't occurred to me Luci might be pregnant!

#learnednothingdespite9yearsofTNviewing.

Sigh. Well, that would certainly add to the toxic tension, wouldn't it?

Food for thought! :)

Diana
 

Bill C: We both know David will NOT kick out Graciela & Lillian Sanders out of the mansion.


 

Diana..We are starting to have a bubbling brew .

I feel sorry for Dave. He finally awakens from his grief induced sleepwaking , opens the curtains, and starts thinking about the grapes. Then, he notices that sweet , young vineyard worker but fights the feeling and reconnects with his offspring while backing away from his sister in law and ignoring his bff and mother in law who are both trying to get a knife in his back. Then, finally one afternoon of delight followed by everything hitting the fan and his grief winning streak coming to a screeching..literal..halt with a teen tantrum .
 

Grief...was supposed to be brief...proofreading is important.
 

I haven't finished reading through the comments yet, but I need to leave now, so here's what I've got so far:

Thank you, Cynthia! I loved the pics.

Question: How did Fer get to her friend's house?

I could see where we were going as soon as Fer's friend mentioned pills. Yeah, alcohol and goofballs, a time-tested favorite. Funny, hearing that these were prescribed by a doctor seemed to make her think they were safe - but I'm pretty sure the doctor's instructions on the label don't say "Dosage: 1 large handful." (Don't think it was Prozac, sounded more like a Valium or Xanax type of drug.)

This episode hit a little close to home because a family I know just had their teenage daughter hospitalized. They had probable cause to worry that she would hurt herself. You don't fool around with something like that.

And I was very disappointed that Dave fell for Grace's "see how much you need us" tactic. Are you kidding me?? Grace is the reason Fer flew off the handle, AND DAVID KNOWS IT. And why is there a lock on the door of a kid's bedroom?? (Regular privacy locks don't need a key, you can pop them with just about anything that will fit through the little hole.)

Hi Stevey, thanks for popping in... as for Madelaine, she had my phone number for technical support purposes and one night she called me up because she thought I seemed a little down. We talked for a couple of hours. She really was one of a kind, and I miss her so much.
 

#Fertryhardernexttime

 

To prove that I am not and have never been a robot, I had to identify patios. I did it. I know a patio when I see one . I wonder which caraycaray commenter or recapper coined the term patio. Novelamaven? ElnaJune? Does anyone remember who and when the term patio was first used to describe this place ?
 

Julie..I only take vitamins, but I thought that I saw big capital letters on that pill container....ZAC.
 

Julie...Yes, Madeline was the epitome of a true loving soul. I like to think that she continues to lurk here . I listen to the radio in the car , and my favorite tunes always remind me of Madeline weaving her favorite songs into her recaps . She was a person who could make my day better just by reading by positive, always kind. Isn't it funny how someone you have never met in person can affect you ? That is true of so many people have interacted with here .
 

Maybe in TN California, the legal drinking age is 18. In the real CA, the legal age is 21. Having raised 3 daughters here, I know. Had any of them come home drunk and yelled at me, they would still be in their room today.

Lurking Linda
 

I like you already Lurking Linda. Yeah I was a little off on the drinking age. Calif is so hard to keep up with. You can buy WEED at 18 though, right?
 

Thanks everyone. I put up an extra screenshot at the end with a view of the bottle of pills. Kind of looks like Prozac, but it seems end with a "t" instead of a "c".
 

Yeah Sue, I was trying to see the bottle too, as they had a big "READ ME" sized lettering on it, unlike real scripts which assume you have the eyesight you had long before you needed the medicine. It was XAC or ZAC Sure was not GNC. :-)
 

Great work, Cynthia.

Could FerBrat have been watching ECDLP? Is she starting to channel Nora? Because something tells me that DisGracie would not give a flying damn if FerBrat offed herself if it got her what she thinks she wants, which is David slavishly worshipping her. Those sour grapes were stomped on years ago.

As they would say on M*A*S*H, she's bucking for a Section 8. Actually, both of them.

Again we have the concept of love as something material that can be quantified and thus limited. This is childish beyond belief. This immature brat needs major therapy yesterday. Bobby doesn't.

More later.
 

Thinking the same UA. All Bobby did was hide under his mother's bed. Fernanda needs 24/7 monitoring
 

Lila, are you watching AQNMD? I am currently putting Nuria below DisGracie as the lowest, sickest, most vicious psycho because of her hatred of her younger sister and now her younger sister's daughter and adopted son. She tried to kill them when they were children and is also guilty of two murders, kidnapping, and a variety of other crimes. No conscience at all.

However, DisGracie could still catch up (or down) with her; there's still time for that.
 

It is for sure Prozat. I suspect that is a copyright/ liability issue they were skirting.
Tofie would know..:-)
 

Julie, we didn't see FerBrat get to her friend's place but either or both of those girls has a driver's license and access to a car. She obviously would have called and one of them would have picked her up at or near the gate.
 

Thank you Cynthia! Two full days of Fer flipping out, did we get lucky or what?

The screencap looks like Prozac. I googled and overdosing on Prozac is just going to make Fer really nauseous and drowsy but it won't kill her. But wow, David neglecting parenting while he didn't treat his own depression for 3 years resulting in both his kids needing (and in Bobby's case, getting) therapy. As you said Julie, you don't fool around with something like this. I'll forgive Vino el Amor for all its sins if it can do a good job educating on mental health issues. Jury is out, VeA!

Cynthia, you asked about Gut and why he'd need to hire a PR person instead of use the services of the county. I have a job that's political in nature. Elected officials have to separate out what they do in the public office from what they do privately or campaign-wise under Ethics laws (for Gut, it would be a state or local ethics laws and I don't know what they are in California, but that's the general principle). I'm thinking this charity event is more in the private/campaign realm. Now, most politicians would hire a professional PR or public affairs firm rather than their racist girlfriend for PR planning, and Gut is an elected sheriff, not a governor or a Congressman, but... hey, this is Vino el Amor so I have probably way overthought all of this. I've actually been a little pleasantly surprised by the little election laws they did get right when the election was being held.


 

Overdosing on Prozac wouldn't kill her if she hadn't also had a substantial quantity of booze. This can cause a dangerous spike in blood pressure. If not, the two might cancel each other out in terms of fighting depression or anxiety.

You'd think things like this would be covered in a high school health or science class.
 

Okay, it's PROZAT. LOL.

The reason I thought it was Valium/Xanax rather than Prozac was because of the way the friend described it. She said her mother takes it when she's upset about fighting with her husband. Prozac won't do anything if you only take it when you're upset. You have to take it every day, and it takes weeks for it to do anything at all. But a benzodiazapine is something you can take as needed for acute distress. And it's VERY dangerous to combine with alcohol.

Oh well. TNs have never been accurate about this stuff before. They're not gonna start now!

On another note... starting with tomorrow's episode, I'll be recapping most Fridays. I'll try to bring back Madelaine's "earworms." Fair warning though, my taste in music is different from hers...
 

Julie..yay, I am looking forward to some earworms coming my way. I remember judyb enjoying tips on songs for her exercise classes, and I once suggested "Blurred Lines" which was my personal earworm at the time. Then, Vivi told me that it had naughty lyrics. A few years ago, I had the song "I Can't Feel My Face" constantly running through my brain until my daughter good me it was about cocaine. Who knew? It wasn't right there in the title like Eric Clapton's catchy hit.

Lurking Linda..I like you already, too. You had me at "..they'd still be in their rooms." Right on, right on, right on. Stop lurking. Jump in.
 

Good...that should be told...proofreading is a good idea.
 

PSA..Just say "NO" to drugs, kids....especially Prozat. Is that the generic name ?
 

I think the generic is fluoxetine. They'd need a much bigger bottle to spell that out!
 

Hey Lurking Linda, welcome! I live in California too and I agree if any of my teen-aged kids had come home drunk, they would have been in their rooms for a very long time, or at least till they were 21. Anyway, when my daughter turned 21, she invited a bunch of her friends over to celebrate. First they went over to BJ's at the mall and had a drink there and then came home and served wine to everyone. (Goes really good with cake, yeah? LOL!) Anyway, we were careful to make sure that we did not serve wine to anyone under the age of 21, because some of her friends had not had their 21st birthday yet.

By the way the law in California for smoking recreational marijuana is 21:

http://www.kcra.com/article/clearing-up-cannabis-confusion-in-california-what-you-need-to-know/8555949
 

Hey Linda,
Thanks for not lurking today! :-)
 

UA: ROFLOL on your FerBrat "ECDLP" & Nora reference.


 

Thanks, Cynthia. “Ferzilla” – too funny! Super recap.

I'm past tired of Fer. Lila, ITA. I couldn't take it and tuned out during Fer's scenes.

Fer was already drunk when she took the pills. Very poor judgment, but since her brain was already addled by the booze, I don't think she's loca - yet. I'm mean if she weren't drunk, she wouldn't have taken a handful of pills.

Nobody likes to feel obligated to fall in love with someone. That is a turnoff, so I can't see David ever again being attracted to Graciela. Even though he believes he needs her to help with Fer, he knows DisGrace isn't selfless and is in fact playing this for all it's worth to snag him.

Marta wore a lovely dress last night, at least what I saw of it. Not housfrauy as usual.

Julie, welcome to the recap team! Looking forward to your work.

Madelaine had a gift for making everybody feel comfy and right at home. Sometimes when I watch a particular scene, I wonder what Madelaine would've made of it. Caray is a great community and I'm glad I found it.
 

I think Fer is loca. Her reaction to Luciana was way, way, WAY out of proportion - even considering Disgrace's influence.

She sure looks loca, anyway. If she's not actually supposed to be loca, then this was grossly over-acted/over-directed/over-written.
 

Julie - I think I'm hoping Fer is not loca because I can't take more of her yelling in David's face. I think the actress is fine, but I came to Vino for light romantic fare and bucolic scenery, not yelling.

One more thing. I was impressed by Juan last night. Yes, he's a villain, but he moved to protect Perla (maybe not love, but a sense of ownership -- but better than nothing) and you could see the hurt in his eyes that his grand plan could blow up because of Carito and Juan.
 

Niecie in MD: Thank you, but I actually plagiarized the "Ferzilla" reference from somebody's comments from yesterday and I can't remember whose. So whoever referred to Fernanda as "Ferzilla" please come forward to take the credit for your witty creation. :)

I get to the point where I read so many comments that I forget who said what. Then I might go looking for something someone said and then I can't find it.

I do believe that Juan loves Perla in his own demented way. Maybe we will see more of it as time passes.
 

NoJuan could be lovin her corpse soon the way Skiddypoo is feeling lately.
 

Hehe, I just returned home after days away. Busy catching up. Had to tell you, my DVR did not record David and Luci's first acto de amor. Instead it recorded two hours of VEA + Color on Monday (which I didn't ask for). I guess I should be relieved I didn't have to watch David and Luci go at it and just leave it up to my imagination. From the comments, it was blah.

Will be back to commenting tomorrow. Chau, amigos.
 

Anita...Milages may vary, but I was not inspired by the afternoon of delight. It seemed like a lot of rolling around under the sheets and open mouths that did not always make contact. JMHO There always seems to be a wide range of scoring on the good kisser scale. For example, I kind of liked Miguel's style, but others here ..not so much.

Cynthia, I am to blame for "Ferzilla." I grew up with a lot of people with nicknames..Chickie, Cookie, Kosh, Flip, Hook, Hooter, Crow, Popeye ,Flex, Butchie, Mully ,etc.
 

I think that the problem is that the writers did not plan this storyline out very well. They had Fer all wrapped up with her crush on Tano which seemed to take her mind off controlling her dad and trying to be friends with Luci at Dad's request . Then, all of a sudden, she is BSC when she finds out dad is awake and aware and in love again. At 18, kids are looking forward to leaving the nest for college, a job, a love, and starting their life on their own. However, we are to believe that Fer wants her young, handsome dad to remain in suspended animation and never remarry. Kids that age are usually too absorbed in their own plans and goals to care much about what their parents are doing.
I thought the actress should have dialed back the histrionics unless Fer is really meant to be coming unhinged. We had no indication of that before..just a spoiled, little rich girl.

 

Susanlynn, thanks for popping up to take the credit! So the correct citation goes to Susanlynn on the term, "Ferzilla".

Fer seems to be under a type of mind control by Grace. She's lost her mother and the next best thing was her auntie. She just doesn't realize how much she's being controlled and used and has no clue that her aunt is so dishonest and is up to no good.

Susanlynn, you are right about 18 year old kids. They are never that concerned with their parents activities because most are too self absorbed in their own plans. When my daughter turned 18, all she was concerned about was moving out and going away to college. Of course that is someone who is psychologically healthy. Fernanda is not psychologically healthy and extremely immature for her age. Plus she has a psychopath manipulating her thinking.
 

Oh, yes, Urban, I sure am watching AQNMD! So you're saying Nuria is the worst with DisGracie a close second?
 

Actually, DisGracie isn't quite there yet. After all, she's only committed one murder. However, she is just as delusional.
 

Gotcha. One thing DisGracie surpasses any second-fiddle female I ever saw is her tenacity. She. just. does. not. STOP! Her determination to possess David is insane! And she knows she killed his wife! Yes, that's just one murder but her psychotic objectification of David, Fer, reslly everybody around her makes her some special kind of sick!

We're in Semanas Decisivas!
 

*really
 

Oh yeah, "semanas decisivas." That's a new one on me. Is this a thing now?
 

Yah, I guess they wanted to get a way from Ultimas. . . and jazz it up a bit!
 

DisGrace's focus and determination reminds me of the original 'Terminator" movie.

Just a singular focus on one objective only to the exclusion of everything else.
 

I find Disgrace fascinating to watch probably because her looks are so deceiving. She looks like a fragile, delicate doll, but that is a disguise hiding a cold, calculating, diabolic heart.

Kirby...yes, she is obsessed with Dave. She has beauty, talent, and money, but she threw away what could have been a great life all because of her jealousy of her sister. Mom and Dave loved Lisa.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder