Friday, March 10, 2017

Vino el Amor #90; Thursday, March 9, 2017: Fernanda wakes up, but still angry


We left off yesterday with David cradling Fernanda in his arms. DisGrace comes in and then the whole family walks in. David says he doesn’t know how many pills Fer took David carries Fer downstairs so he can have her ready to go for the paramedics. As everyone goes out Fer’s bedroom door, DisGrace says to Luciana, “So, I hope you happy now!”

Paramedics arrive and David gives the paramedics the details of what he knows concerning what Fer took and that she had been drinking. They place her on the gurney and wheel her out. David says, “I’m going with her.” Then Luciana says, “I’m going too.” But then she stops short because of the horrible looks she got from Lil and DisGrace. So she changes her mind and says, “No, it’s better that you go, she will need you.” (Now that really was the high road.) Then she says, “I’ll stay here with Bobby.”

Perla calls Carito to warn her about the things she has said to the immigrants. Mark is on the warpath, says Perla and you have to watch your step, he’s out to get you. She tells Perla that she just doesn’t want the immigrants to die the way her cousin did. Perla is pretty angry and says, “Are you crazy? Just promise me you won’t go there again alone because it is just much too dangerous. Your life is in danger!”

Miguel and Erica are out to dinner and Erica jabbers on about the wine competition and the celebration they are going to have at the vineyard when they win. She notices that something is amiss with Mig and asks why he isn’t really listening. Mig tells her about his meeting with Carito and it’s just really bothering him that it appears she is hiding something and not telling him the truth. He explains that when he asked her about the immigrants she started to act strange and very nervous. Erica thinks that things are probably a lot worse than Miguel first thought. She says too that hopefully Carito was just preoccupied over something else and that Mig is completely wrong about this. Erica says, “Miguel, whatever you need me to do to help you out, you can count on me, okay?” Then Erica gets a brilliant idea! So she tells Mig, “Hey, when we have this wine competition going on we are going to need more workers. Why don’t you invite Carito to come work for us?” “Really?” says Miggy. “Really” says Erica. They seal the deal with a kiss.

Marta comes downstairs and finds Luciana crying. Marta tells her that it hurts to see her like that. Luciana says, “I’m just overwhelmed right now. I’m never going to forgive myself if Fernanda does not recover.” Marta says, “Don’t say that! Fernanda is going to be fine. If anything were to happen to her, I’d just die. But God is not going to let anything happen to her. She will be fine.” Luciana says, “I’m going to go to the hospital to see how David is doing because I do not want him to be alone.” Then Marta starts to cry. Lu says, “But Mom, you just got through telling me that Fer is going to be fine.” Marta cries and says, “I need to be with my little girl and see how she is, since I’m the one who has tended to her needs and taught her all these years.”

At the hospital David and DisGrace are in Fer’s room as she sleeps and Cesar comes in with some news. Cesar says, “It’s a complicated situation and she isn’t out of the woods yet. I have her toxicology reports and it appears she took some tranquilizers.” Dave says, “You have to save her!” Dr. Cesar says, “Look I’m not going to let you down and we are doing all we can. The drugs have to get out of her system so as not to affect her lungs. So please relax and let me handle things.” Cesar leaves and Grace hysterically says she needs to be at Dave’s side there. Dave tells her it’s not necessary but allows her to stay. “I still can’t believe that Fernanda wanted to take her own life” says Dave.

So DisGrace takes it upon herself to tell Dave, “I know this might not be the right time to say this, but I think Fernanda felt betrayed by you. I think you should have thought twice before you started up this relationship with Luciana.” So Dave tells her, “Look, this is not the time or the place to be discussing this.” Okay, says DisGrace you are right. You have every right to want to be happy. You could never have known that something like this was going to happen.” Dave says, “But what’s more is that I could never imagine that Fernanda would ever try something like this. Where did she get these pills and who gave them to her?” DisGrace says, “She probably got them from one of her friends and I’ll help you find out who it was.” Then David asks her to leave because he wants to be alone with his daughter.

At the house, Bobby is crying because he thinks that Fernanda was taken away dead. But Marta and Luciana tell him that Fer is going to be fine. They promise him that she will be home soon and she will be fine. Bobby begs Luciana to stay with him. Sonia says she is going to bring him cookies and milk to make him feel better. Her phone goes off and there is a message from Tano.

Tano is at the employees’ house going crazy as he doesn’t know yet what has happened. He’s tried to call Fernanda and has not gotten an answer. His father and León try to calm him down. His phone rings and it’s Luciana. She says, “Tano, Fer was taken to the hospital because she took an overdose of pills. When I know more, I’ll let you know.” Tano is shocked and wants to see her. His Dad and León advise against it since they don’t know anything about Fer’s condition. Ramón says, “Just wait here! I’m not going to let you go.” León agrees. But Tano is feeling that he is to blame in all this since he did not give in to Fer’s demands about running away with him.

Marta goes to the hospital starts to call Dave when she sees DisGrace and asks her how Fernanda is. She tearfully tells Marta her condition (as though she really cares!) She goes on to say she is sure that Fer meant to commit suicide. “But why”, Marta asks. DisGrace says, “How could you not know! It’s all because of that daughter of yours, that’s why!” Then Lil comes walking up and says, “Hey Marta, when are you going to realize that this is a family affair and has nothing to do with you?” Marta responds, “Well they are going to have to kill me first in order to get me away from my girl and my boss. Excuse me!” “Drama Queen!” says Lilian.

Dave in Fer’s room remembers the past when Lisa was alive and Fer was a baby. He tells her to be strong and not to die. He promises that everything will be fine. He breaks down and cries.

Next day at SB Vineyard Mig tells Erica he’s ready to meet with the Sheriff to prove his innocence that he is not responsible for the human trafficking. But Erica is worried and Miguel promises to be careful. Paco, the escaped victim comes to the door and Miguel is going to help him. But Paco heard a lot of scary things that lots are being deported. Mig leaves with Paco and at the same time, Adolfo is walking in.

Erica explains to her father that Miguel is on his way with Paco so that Paco can show him where he was being held at and to be able to give testimony to the police that Miguel was not involved in the human trafficking situation. Adolfo advises her to not get involved and to please let the police handle it.

Luciana arrives at the hospital in the morning to be harassed once again by DisGrace. “No, no, no, it can’t be you”, says DisGrace. “Can’t you see you have done enough harm already?” “Look”, says Lu, “I’ve had enough of your provocations. You are no one and you can’t tell me anything.” “Well”, says DisGracie, “This is my family and I’m not going to let you near so that you can hurt them anymore! And I want you to leave, so get out of here!” Luciana looks very annoyed so DisGrace says, “Am I going to have to use force here? Just get out of here!” Meanwhile Marta is standing behind DisGrace and then she herself tells Lu, “I think you’d better leave.” “But Mom, how can you say that”, says Lu. “I think it’s just best”, says Marta. Lu and DisGrace start to argue about whose fault this all is when Marta steps in and tells them to calm down. Marta says, “We are all worried and this is neither the time nor the place for this argument. And as for you, ‘Señorita’, you have no conscience! It’s the truth!” Marta turns to Lu and tells her, “This is the reason I think you should go. It’s better that you go back and take care of Bobby. I’ll let you know if anything else happens.” Then DisGrace says to Lu, “Obey your mother and get out of here!” Marta turns and gives DisGrace a look that could kill. DisGrace gets the wrong idea and says, “I never knew you would take my side, how about that?” Marta answers, “Don’t get all confused about this. I’m still supporting my daughter. I’m just asking her to leave so that not to invite another problem here with you. Because with you, it’s impossible to ask you to behave like a civilized person. The only thing good here is that you are worried about Fernanda.” Marta turns to walk away from her.

Marta sits down with Luciana and asks about Bobby. Lu says, “I left before he woke up, but Sonia is there with him.” Marta laments about everything. She also says, “The truth is honey, what Fernanda did pretty much has everything to do with your relationship with David.” Lu says, “Don’t you think I already know that? It hurts me and I feel very badly about all if it. I just never imagined that Fer would ever do something like this.

As they are talking Tano calls and wants to know how Fer is. Lu says she hasn’t seen her yet, but Marta did find out she is stable. He tells her how guilty he feels and is taking the blame for what happened. Lu assures him it really had nothing to do with him and says she will be in touch.

At the employees’ house Tano tells León that he wants to see Fernanda. Sonia walks in and says that only family is allowed. But Bobby pipes up and says that Tano is “more than a friend. They are “novios”. Then León and Sonia start talking about this romantic novel and likening it to Tano’s situation. It lightens the mood.

Dr. Cesar tells Dave that Fer is out of the woods and out of danger. But he’s recommending a psychiatrist. Dave is blaming himself for Fer’s suicide attempt but Cesar says to not look at things that way. It’s not his fault.

Dave comes in to an awake Fernanda. He says, “How are you feeling? Have you eaten breakfast yet?” “No I’m not hungry, says Fer. “Oh, says David, “Then I’m going to have to eat this Jello because you know how much I LOVE Jello.” He does get her to crack a smile. “Were you here all night?” Dave says, “Yes, I was, just in case you woke up and so you would not be afraid.” “Dad, please forgive me” says Fernanda. “Of course, but why did you take all those pills?” Fer says, “Because I wanted to take away all the pain I was feeling. I just couldn’t take it anymore.” Dave goes in to hug Fernanda.

She goes on to say, “I really don’t remember what happened or taking those pills.” Dave says, “Everyone is worried about you. So is Luciana.” But Fer says, “Look I don’t want to talk about this now.” Dave says, “Well your Tía and Abuela are outside waiting to see you.” Fer responds, “I don’t’ want to see either one of them. My Tía didn’t listen to me or support me. She picked me up from my friends’ house and she didn’t want to take me with her.” “But daughter”, says Dave. “That’s it”, Fernanda says, “The only one I want to see is my Nana.” David tells her how much he loves her and one day she will realize just how much.

Out in the waiting area, Lil walks in and sees Marta and Luciana and makes some remarks about them being so disrespectful. DisGrace says, “Luciana and her mother just have no shame!” David walks in and he and Luciana embrace. He lets her know that Fernanda is conscious now but she just does not feel like eating. DisGrace says, “I’ll go see her.” But Dave says, “No, she doesn’t want to see you. She just wants to see Marta.” “Well” says David, “I’m going to go home and change.” Looking at Lil, he also adds, “Did you need a ride home?” DisGrace replies, “I’ll go too!” But David says, “No, you stay here just in case you are needed.” She’s not happy about that one.

At Juan’s apartment, Perla is mad and wakes up Juan and tells him to call off that dog, Mark from hurting Carito. He called him and no answer. Mark is following Carito in town. He seems to be carrying a weapon under his coat.


Marta goes to visit Fer and she’s crying to her nana about how her father does not understand nor love her. She says, “Everyone has betrayed me, even Tano behaved badly with me! I thought that he loved me, but he refused to run away with me.” Marta tells her, “Look the situation is complicated, but the solution isn’t in drinking alcohol or in taking a bunch of pills.” “I know”, says Fernanda. Marta goes on, “Think about it. Your life is the biggest miracle that exists. You just don’t take the gift of life and throw it away as trash. You are just so young and we all were so worried about you.” Fernanda says, “I swear, really, I just don’t remember taking those pills.” Marta advise her about how fast something can go wrong by making the wrong choice in life. Fer asks if she knew about Lu and her dad, but Marta dodges the question. Fer says that her father wants her to see the psychiatrist, but she thinks that’s too extreme. Marta says, “I think you’d better do what you father asks because he’s your dad and he knows best.” Fer says, “Is everyone worried about me?” Marta says, “Are you referring to Tano? Oh yes, he hasn’t stopped asking about you.” She finally smiles.

At home, Sonia makes Bobby some breakfast but Bobby is just not up to eating. She offers to have him “help” with supervising her chores, after all his dad is not there. So he is in charge as “el Señorcito”. She finally lightens the mood and he talks about all the things he wants for dinner later. He says that after his father, Fernanda, Marta, and Luciana, you are the next one in line to be my favorite!” (Notice that Grandma and Tía DisGrace did not make the cut!)

After David, Luciana and Lil arrive home, Lu mentions to Dave (after Lil is out of earshot) that Lil and DisGrace were trying to throw her out of the hospital because DisGrace is claiming that all this is Luciana’s fault. They are stopped short on this conversation because Bobby comes running down the stairs wanting to know if Fer is okay. David explains that Fernanda took somebody’s medicine by mistake and it made her sick. Luciana offers to take Bobby to the mall so he can pick out a gift for his sister.

David calls DisGrace and gives her the line, “You and I need to talk.”

Brian calls Lil and asks how everything is. But all she does is spew venom blaming Luciana for the situation. Lil bows out of Gut’s event and tells him she can’t do it because of Fernanda.

Susan, Mig, and Paco are walking in town and he points out the place where the immigrants are being held. But he still really doesn’t want to talk to Gutierrez.


At home, Luciana is cooking for the workers and Marta comes home. She tells Lu that Fernanda told her that she didn’t take the pills to hurt herself, but Marta believes otherwise. Marta’s advice to her daughter: “You need to break up with David.”

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you Cynthia. Nice job. How do you stay awake?

Martyra's true colors are really beginning to show now.

Pitiful as his life situation is, Mr Robles has brought all this on himself. It was not his fault that DisGrace murdered his wife, although he should probably have seen it coming. But all this. is his alone. He is the owner, the Father the proprietor, the boss. In all these people's orbits he is their supreme being and the animals are running the zoo.

He is a big boy, he is rich and intelligent, he should manage better. Ferzilla took all those pills not trying suicide, but because for the first time in her coddled, sheltered self centered life she was a bit uncomfortable and it was absolutely unbearable. I have bad news Brat, life has a real propensity for discomfort and it is very generous with it. Life aint fair. Dave is like a neighbor with 7 DUIs who just thinks life has it out for him.

As he will never have the balls to scrape all these barnacles off himself, the best David could do is sell it all and move to Florida. That is what half the people here have done.

Carita has been warned, and ironically by the most unlikely person given the last chat we saw between the two.

Perla thinks she is hot shit with a fresh coat of paint and a polyester dress from T J Maxx. She doesn't know she is disposable does she?

I am glad Ferzilla didn't die. If she is going to, someone beside her should get the credit for the job. :-)

Happy Friday
kj
 

Great work, Cynthia. This blog is fortunate that this mediocre series has such a good team with this quality of writing. Julie joins us tonight. For those who are fairly new to our blog, she is an experienced writer who has covered a number of series that I didn't watch (most of the comedies) and a number that aired before my time here.

Ferzilla did not intend to commit suicide. She was drunk when she took the pills, therefore judgement-impaired. That does not absolve her from needing to see a shrink. Marta was the right person to see her in the hospital because she is on board with that. She also evaded the question about David and Luciana, which also was a good thing. Her fail in this episode was in telling Luciana that she and David should break up.

DisGracie does not need to enquire about where those pills came from. FerBrat had the prescription bottle which can answer that question. In fact, that bottle should either be in David's or Cesar's possession at the moment. The mother whose name is on that bottle needs to address the underage drinking issue with her daughter and call the parent of the other girl.

More later. I need to work on the Karmageddon page for AQMND.
 

Exactly. "Where could she have gotten these?" indicates the asker is not able to read, and is unfamiliar with modern drug administration infrastructure.
 

Thank you Cynthia!

I missed the first 15 minutes so am glad to see Perla tried to warn Carito. Carito is in serious jeopardy! I hope she can get away from grungy awful Mark first, and then the vineyard that makes no wine and take the job with Miguel and Erika.

I agree UA, Fer's pill taking was more a "trying to numb pain" thing than a suicide attempt. Still something for David as a parent to take seriously and seek professional help to deal with. Kirby, I agree, a great deal of this siutation is totally on David's shoulders; he's the one who checked out of life, didn't seek treatment for himself and didn't bother parenting for almost three crucial teenage years.

Marta was so good with Fer. And then she clonked around in those clonky shoes and was Gracie'esque in trying to use the situation with Fer to guilt Luciana into breaking up with David. C'mon Marta.
 

Cynthia you done it again. Thanks

Ditto the ditto Kirby and UA

“I need to be with my little girl and see how she is, since I’m the one who has tended to her needs and taught her all these years.”

David has paid Marta way too much.

Fernanda is her favorite daughter but does she have to be so damn obvious? In terms of permanent scars, Marta's hatchet hacks on Luciana more damaging than Graciela's. Unexplored is the neglect Leon likely suffered, Luciana had one attentive loving parent.

 

Wow, Cynthia, you posted that recap at 2. Thank you for giving us all the details .

Yes, kirby, life , as they say, is what happens to you while you are making other plans. Nobody escapes problems , difficulties, and obstacles. Some we bring on ourselves by decisions that we make, but others are out of our control...the luck of the draw...because stuff happens. You have to wonder how this girl is going to deal when a real life tragedy happens to her . Marta has cared for her since she was born , changed her diapers, fed her, tended to her wounds , so perhaps she will be able to help Fer. Marta shouldn't have told Luci that she shouldn't be with Dave. That would just prove to Fer that hissy fits , alcohol, and pills are effective means to get your way.

I am glad that things are beginning to move along. The anvils are starting to line up.

OT Snowing here, and it looks like a noreaster is coming early next week.

OT Dont forget to turn your clocks one hour ahead this weekend.

 

Yeah, I don't think that Fer's little friend\bartender\druggist was smart enough to take her mother's name off that pill container. Case closed, Colombo.
 

I don't think Marta neglected Leon. He seems emotionally healthy. Also, since Tano is one of his best friends Ramon probably stood in as a father figure. The thing that bugs me about Leon is that I think the actor is miscast because he doesn't look like he could be the child of Marta and Marcos. Luciana does. But this has happened before.

Any criticism of Luciana by Marta would hurt more because Marta is her mother. Luciana knows better than to take DisGracie's nasty remarks seriously and not just because she knows the motive. I think she is smart enough to know that DisGracie has more than a few screws loose.
 

Cynthia, when I read one of your excellent recaps, I see things so clearly in my mind's eye.

Your screen shots were great - my fav was Bobby, Sonia and Leon...I'm happy she has been elevated to 5th in his affections.

UA, you are right in that Fer was drunk when she took the pills. But my own perception is that she did hesitate before she took the pills and I do think she realized what she was doing. Again, only my own thought and I could be very wrong.

As anyone who has had a family member or loved one who has attempted suicide knows, things are very complicated. Often, those closest feel guilt (for many reasons) especially in berating themselves for not "seeing it coming" or not having the foresight to do something to prevent it. There is clearly tremendous pain and guilt.

dy and Susanlynn, thank you for reminding me that Marta raised Fernanda and of course, there is great mutual love there. But damn. I need to echo tofie's "Fernanda is her favorite daughter but does she have to be so damn obvious". I have to (sadly) agree.


“If anything were to happen to her, I’d just die”. Marta, your support of your daughter, (umm, your birth daughter) completely dissipated when you uttered those words to Luci. Isn’t Lucia’s heart breaking as it is? Is her palpable, heartbreaking feelings of guilt not enough? And then Marta poured accelerant on the fire by “The truth is honey, what Fernanda did pretty much has everything to do with your relationship with David.” Speechless. What Marta should practice once in a while. Censor before you speak. Blech.

And Brian being annoyed because Lil blew him off as her granddaughter is in the hospital? Basta! Just go away Brian.

What a kind gesture that Miguel and Erica want her to go there. And while it would be a great solution, poor Carito would again be subjected to being close to Miguel, with the second love of his life right in her face. I continue to be worried for her.

Gee Kirby. I kind of like my poly TJ Maxx clothes. Should I rethink my shopping source? ;)

Julie, can't wait to read one of your recaps again!

Cynthia, this was awesome. Thank you.

Diana
 

Good morning (((Diana))). Ha. My student from Pakistan complimented me on my clothes the other day, and I laughed and told her that I dress for comfort. For work, slacks, a top, and a cardigan when it is cold, and dresses or skirts and tops with sandals when it is warm. I love clothes because I did not have a big wardrobe when I was growing up, but I have never had designer clothes . I would probably wear Disgracie's clothes. I like her style even though I do not like her.

I agree that Marta is closer to Fer because she actually raised her, but Marta doesn't try to hide this fact from poor Luci. However, in the end, Luci will be rewarded by telenovela gods. I cannot imagine what those forces have in store for the hatefilled disgraceful Disgrace.
 

Fernanda wasn't trying to kill herself but she has quickly learned a stunt like this works like a charm in getting your way. Cynthia's screenshot of Fernanda when she heard Tano was concerned says it all. No one will say no to Fernanda again.

Criticism Luciana can accept but Marta isn't criticizing but trying to beat her into submission or leave. Marta wants her world back and Luciana is the foil.

Lilian she can crush by taking her man, any man but right now she cannot resume with Brian since she has to pretend to be upset Luciana was exiled. Luciana leaves and the guilt goes with her.
 

Should I rethink my shopping source? ;) Not based on what I say, but here in Flor-I-Duh polyester does not absorb moisture (sweat) and sticks to your skin like another plastic, Saran Wrap. You are pretty funny.
 

Thank you, Cynthia! I'm glad the plot has begun to percolate...

So the friend's mother's name wasn't on the PROZAT bottle? Or nobody thought to look at it? That's weird.

It's true that Fernanda wasn't intending to kill herself. I just don't understand why she didn't try taking ONE pill first. (They would have given her some good pain pills when she busted her leg. Did she take a handful of Demerol?)

I saw Marta's shoes. I confess, I have bad feet so I wear clunky shoes... but not that clunky.

Totally agree that Marta really stepped in it with those big clunky shoes when she so obviously favored Fer over Luci, but it's not even the first time. And I also agree that if Marta gets her way - that Luci and David split up - it will teach Fernanda the wrong lesson.

And Lil backing out on the charity event - so much for her TRUE LOVE for Gut. Maybe she'll show up a couple of hours late, drunk. That would be fun.

I'm excited to recap tonight. I hope Carito doesn't get whacked. It would be nice, actually, if Skidmark were to be caught in the act. Then they'd have to put him away again and this time Juan wouldn't have any money to bail him out with (unless he steals the proceeds from Gut's charity event, but I don't think he could get away with that).

Susanlynn - I discovered last night that I posted my first recap to Caray on 7/31/06, and the blog was at least a few months old at that time. If you've been around since before Caray, that means it's been a good 11 years or so! Wow!!

OT snowing here too, grumble grumble.
 

Pssst..Kirby...I have a bag of Doritos here .
 

#thisiswhydianaabdidonotliveinflorida

Julie..wow, I first surfed here when it was Pratie place, I think, and Melinama (our blogmom's screen name) had just decided to recap Alborada by herself. I had surfed past telenovelas in the past, but I saw Fernando Colunga dressed as Don Luis with long, dark hair and big brown eyes and wearing a ruffled shirt and what appeared to be leggings and high leather boots. Wait.. what is this???? I was hooked. I usually place events by who has died , so I thought it was after my mother died which was about ten years ago, but it must have been when my aunt died. Before that , after my dad died a week after my older daughter went to college, I fell into Highlander the TV series and a blog of fans on the Internet. TV and blog sites seem to be my drug of choice when dealing with the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune including the death of loved ones. Many people who were here when I first arrived are long gone, but I kind of stick to things until I can't .
 

Julie, I don't wear Marta shoes either, but I wear a 4 1\2, so finding any shoes has always been a challenge. I like Clark's and Easy Spirit , and they both have some cute styles. Love flip flops and sandals and barefeet best .
 

I refuse to wear clunky shoes myself, but now I almost always wear my Sketchers because of my bad knees. I want so badly to wear heels again!

Julie, I agree about the wrong lesson. Fernanda is more than old enough to know that you can't always get what you want. She is also old enough to know that what one wants is not always what's good for one... or someone else. She expects David to become a monk because her mother died which is both ridiculous and monstrously selfish. She isn't 6 years old but she's acting like it.
 

Fernanda has David on his heels and a good time to demand he accept Tano.
 

OK OK.. I quit, I will leave crimes of fashion to Urban. But there IS a picture of Gloria Trevi wearing only Saran Wrap, that I DO approve of !

BTW having 18 birthdays does not in and of themselves teach one that she can not always get what she wants in the face of contradictory evidence.

I think it must have been those garish leisure suits that turned me against plastic clothing. If it comes to it, I'd prefer my clothing burst into flame than melt and stick to me. But it hasn't happened yet. :-)

 

It only takes one summer to show that polyester is an invention from hell.

As to the 18 thing... she is old enough. The fault lies with all the "adults" around her but mostly with Lillian and DisGracie who taught her how to manipulate.

Now, as for Carito, I'm not sure what to make of her at this point. She has not paid for her nastiness to Luciana, but dying at the hands of the SkidMark is excessive and it's too early for him to be caught.

I checked my Karmageddon page for this series and it's pitifully short compared to what I just posted for AQNMD. This series is kid stuff by comparison.
 

Carito and Luciana had a good talk a few weeks ago, when Carito was planning to leave and go to Mexico. So I think they're okay now. I don't think she needs to pay for being nasty to Luciana - but if she survives Skidmark then we'll see how she gets along with Erika.

Carito isn't any brighter than Perla. She acts as if she's all alone in the world, even though she works with very nice people who would have been her friends if she hadn't been clinging to Perla. And her conscience is pretty messed up: she risks Skidmark's wrath by bringing food to the workers, and even encourages them to escape. But when she has a chance to help her beloved Miguel by speaking to the police (who would protect her), she clams up. Argh.
 

Thanks, Cynthia. Great job.

So Marta, David is not to ever again have another woman because Fer might go suicidal? Lucky for you, Luciana didn't go suicidal when a month or so after sprinkling Marcos's ashes you took up with Gut.

I was surprised Susan went with Miguel and Paco. I hope she has a taser or something on her in case she runs into Mark.

I'm thinking David caught Graciela in a lie. DisGrace claimed she didn't know where Fer was, but in the hospital Fer said DisGrace took her to her friend's house. One positive - Fer is ticked with DisGrace too.

Julie, looking forward to reading your recaps again. Hope the writers have something good in store tonight, but regardless I know the recap will be fun.
 

Carito is one of those tragic figures who hitched her wagon to the wrong star..Perla. It kept her from forming a family with the nice folks around her. Then, her crush on guaypo Miguel made her reject a good guy who probably would have treated her very well, and they could have made the family that Carito seems to have always pined for. She has been longing for family and that it why she was so affected by the death of her cousin. She really is a tragic soul.

Kirby. ..leisure suits . Was the person responsible for those ever punished ? #toomuchleisure
 

Yaw killin' me! But first, a big Thank You! to Cynthia! Wondrous, detailed and just what I needed to clarify what I thought I understood. I'm at work so, maybe more later. Just want to acknowledge some choice comments:

Sage comment - Kirby I have bad news Brat, life has a real propensity for discomfort and it is very generous with it.

(Hopefully) Prophetic comment - Julie Maybe she'll show up a couple of hours late, drunk. That would be fun.

Just damned funny - Urban
It only takes one summer to show that polyester is an invention from hell.


Ah, I love it! Thanks again, Cynthia. Maybe we could have a weekend discussion on screen cap techniques one day or a FAQ and Q & A. You slay the screencaps, amiga!
 

Did Fer say that Grace took her to her friend's house? I thought she said Grace took her home when she didn't want to go.

Many years ago I went on a behind-the-scenes tour at Disney World on a very hot day. Our cotton and rayon clothes were getting wrinkled and soggy as we all wilted in the heat, but our tour guide's white polyester blouse remained crisp and wrinkle-free. However, I could see pools of sweat underneath her blouse where the fabric was sticking to her wet skin. Poor thing. At Disney, it's better to look good than to feel good!
 

Kudos, Cynthia!

Carito getting hurt in any way is karma for Perla rather than herself at this point. That said, in passing up her one chance to begin to get out clean by admitting everything to Miguel (which would also help him, her still-would-be-boo), it's probably not looking good for her at this point...especially with Mark stalking her in this episode like a grunged-out Ryan Gosling.

And I'm oddly reassured that I'm not the only one who was distracted by whatever the hell Marta was wearing that qualified as "shoes." Wardrobe has been pretty consistent with "frumpy and functional but somewhat attractive" with her apart from that one blue "I probably slept in this" dress that made another appearance as well, but even that's a step up from...them. #hipsterclogs
 

Bill C. " that one blue ' I probably slept in this dress.' " That one had people who are around me asking me , "What's so funny? "

And..Ryan Gosling is muy offended. Marked does remind me of someone , but it is not Ryan. I think its the guy who sat beside me in trigonometry class. He wasn't grimy.
 

OT ..Julie..do not get me started on OT Disney World. We took the whole family there the first week of November. It was stinking hot and very crowded, but everyone kept telling me "this isn't crowded." The only thing that saved me were daily Dole Whips.
 

You're gonna get yelled at again............................:-)
 

OT....Kirby.....Idontcareanymore...#passthedoritos
 

OT And the other thing about polyester... the static electricity. I slept in polyester bedsheets for a few nights. Every time I rolled over I thought I was being electrocuted. That was enough of those sheets.

May I please have some doritos?
 

I just thought of something. A while back, when Juan and Skidmark were talking about how to get out of their partnership with Coyote, Juan suggested whacking all the undocumented workers, and Skidmark squeamishly protested, "I'm not a killer!"

He sure got over that quick, huh?
 

Julie..yes, you now qualify for Doritos . #cantstayontask
 

FerBrat is still going to get big-time KARMA once the truth about her sweet Tia Graciela whacking Lisa is revealed.

1.) The Odd Couple: Juan & OJ Mark ROFLOL.

2.) Serves Carito RIGHT!
 

Ok. Lots of good comments. The thing that struck me most is, as others note, how Martz clearly declared she loved her "younger daughter" more than Luciana. Marta was just out cold to sling the same accusation that DisGrace and Lullian did, that Fer's selfish, childish, attention-seeking, I-need-a-shrink-cause-it's-too-late-for-an-ass-whuppin' act was Luciana's fault! All I can say is I hope David is as tenacious as DisGrace about his love for Luciana because she only has the wee Bobby on her side! I almost get a vibe from Marta that she doesn't want Luciana to get The Patron or anyone from his class (or race?) because she didn't? I hope Marta is not that narrow minded but it seems pretty clear that the happiness of The Patron's children is more important than anything Luciana could ever want.

I hope David rips DisGracie another one, THEN throws her out!

I'm afraid Carito may be a goner. She really messed up bing time not coming clean to Miguel. And wasn't she carrying grocery bags full of food and water for the workers?

Are Miguel and Susan waiting for the truck with the workers to pull up at the spot Paco showed them?

Seems like I may need to go back and consult hulu+ because I also wonder if Fer really said that DisGrace took her to her friend's house. I hope she did!
 

#attentionspanofagnat

Said orange fingers.
 

Oh, I hope Fer said that. I didn't hear it, but I would like it to be true.
 

Well, we all know that the bad people are going to get their anvils, but what will those anvils be. Carito is such a sad sack. She is her own worst enemy and seems friendless and lost now that Perla has moved into Juan's groovy bachelor pad with that coffee table and sofa that he is so protective of. He would more than likely protect his furniture before he defends two hapless females that he led into this whole mess. Carito doesn't seem close to anyone in the Employee Hilton. She always has an expression on her little face as if someone just ran over her dog.

And still staying on task, really Gut, an eighteen year old almost died, and you are pouting because her grandma won't help you with your EVENT. Boo and hoo, you big, petulant, shallow, egotistical, goodlooking, hunky baby . #fairsfairgoodgenes
 

I have a thought about Gut and why he's so desperate to have a woman by his side, even if she's a venom-drooling harpy. I think it's because if he doesn't have a woman, people will think he's gay.

I don't know anything about the SoNapa (NapSoma?) area, but I'd guess that a gay sheriff wouldn't be a big deal. But perhaps this rationale would make more sense to the Mexican audience?
 

I said a few eps back that I don't like Martyra. That could be neutral but now I just plain do not like her.

I believe we are in for a real eye-popper when all her dirty laundry is hung out for everyone to see.
There are way too many things which escape even TN conventional wisdom. For starters her willing separation from her daughter, (remember Luci Marta?) and hubba for over a decade.

What TN Mother would in her right mind discourage a daughter from going for a man who realistically has few flaws short of a bit too trusting? We are typically treated to just the opposite.

This emotionally crippling ongoing feud with Bitch2, oops Bitch 3, lost count, has no explanation. If these two hate each other that much she should have found other employment loooong ago. Why she has stayed is beyond comprehension as we see it now.

But then when people move away from their problems they always seem to leave a forwarding address.
 

people will figure out he is gay?
 

Julie..that is an interesting idea about Gut. I keep thinking that a guy who looks like Gut is usually dating girls who are younger and look like Perla. I don't see a guy like him dating either Lilian or Marta unless they can do something for him. He seems very focused on two things : 1) being sheriff and 2) events. Not exactly a Renaissance man. I never thought that he might be gay, but I also never realized that one of my best male friends when I taught was gay. Even when he had a private baby shower for me in the faculty room because he wasn't invited to my regular girls baby shower ...with a cloth tablecloth, candles, silverware, steaks. Now there was a guy who knew how to plan an event. I think that I have only seen gay characters once in a telenovela..Sortilego ..and one of the guts was mi novio Marcelo Cordoba.
 

Kirby..or sometimes people who move away from their problems are just really good at getting into some brand new problems .
 

I mean, maybe the idea is that people won't vote for him/support him if he's gay. And maybe this would be obvious to the Mexican audience if that's the way they think.

I have no idea if that's the way they (supposedly) think, but given the heavy-handed preachy way that gay characters are depicted in TNs, maybe?

Just like a few decades ago, gay actors would be paired off with starlets because the studios thought their leading men's reputations would be ruined if people found out their big secret.
 

OH and I meant to say I don't think Gut is gay, necessarily - only that he's afraid people will think he is if he doesn't have a girlfriend.
 

Boo and hoo, you big, petulant, shallow, egotistical, goodlooking, hunky baby .


Oooo, careful,Susanlynn: that could turn Gut on! ;D
 

Lila...I have more adjectives. I know a lot of adjectives.

Julie..your theory as to why Gut is fixated on Marta and Lilian is as good as any I have come up with. Which totals zero. It just does not make sense to me that he keeps hound dogging these two except that he felt Lilian could get him elected.
 

My Gaydar is pretty good. I have actually known a couple of times before he/she did (or admitted it).

Anyway, onward, I wonder how Gut plays into all this, his choices in companionship aside. If we have been putting up with him this long I trust that he is saving his energy for something grand shortly. Like busting SkidMark and SkidRow.

And the way Lillian talks to him? YIKES the only way he should San Fran her is if he was sure he could jump up before her and tell her it is the absolute WORST he ever had. :-)

Yeah I could see him with an Erika or Perla but that wrinkled old prune Lillian? Arf !
 

Kirby ..."a man who realistically has few flaws short of being a bit too trusting" ... And having a tad too many vests .
 

I'm getting such a kick out of all the comments today...everyone is on their game and very, very funny.

And, I have to say one more thing about my beloved polyester. Yes, years ago, the fabric was unbearably hot and very unattractive. The poly I wear is light and while not exactly the same quality as silk, airy and comfortable. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I dislike Lili and Brian and to be honest, Marta is in the dog house as far as I'm concerned right now. Her advice to Luci to break up with David wasn't because she (Luci) might get hurt, but that it would hurt Fernanda. This is a real mess and unless Fernanda gets some sort of revelation regarding Luci, I see nothing for Luci but pain. All the way around.

David can force Fernanda to be civil to Luci, but he can never force her to accept her.

Diana
 

Brian isn't gay, but the writers might be thinking that a straight man normally doesn't remain single at 40. Is that still true in Mexico? It is no longer unusual in the US.
 

It's not the wrinkles; it's the nastiness. I guess Gut is just really good at closing his eyes and thinking of England. Or events.
 

Urban..That is so true. Both men and women are marrying at later ages in the U.S. and having children or adopting at later ages than in the past.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Diana, I agree about David, FerZilla and Luci, but when (not if) Ferbawlinghereyesout finds out DG killed her Mama things will surely take a detour.
 

Diana...just wait until it is revealed that Auntie Disgraceful killed the beloved mother\wife of this family. Fer will cling to Luci and beg her forgiveness and be ready to grow up and become a better person. Every time Disgraceful says "family" my skin crawls . Sister Sledge should be collecting royalties. How could you even say that word after killing your own sister?
 

It's not the wrinkles; it's the nastiness

You talking 'bout clothes or that PoPo's gurlfren?
 

Kirby..okay..now I am getting a little nervous because we seem to have started thinking alike #passthosedoritas
 

Old Lilly Baby is going to be a bit perturbed when she discovers that Adorable Daughter was killed in cold blood by Not Quite So Adorable Daughter.
#twistedmindsthinkalikeatthesametime
 

:-)
 

I just thought of something else. We've all imagined how David, Fernanda, and Lilian will react when they find out what DisGrace did... but has anybody imagined what it will look like with all three of them reacting AT THE SAME TIME??

#imsupposedtobedoingsomethingelse
 

I wish that Gut would be spending as much time investigating whose behind the illegal immigrants as he spends fretting about whose going to organize his next big event.
 

When Gut slept with Marta, he told her he'd been with a lot of women. I'm scratching my head too why he's stuck bouncing back between these two instead of going back to his lot of women.
 

Julie ;-) I would bet that we are all supposed to be doing something else. One needs some escape from the real world . #dontjudgeme
 

Hola todos--
Everyone got ahead of me today and so for me, it is Thank you, Cynthia, you always deliver a tasty package wrapped up in snark; Julie, can't wait for your return to the pages of a Caray recap; as for the rest of the comments--ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto.

Especially telling were the comments regarding Marta's overt preference for Fer telling Luci to end it with David as sending the wrong message both to Luci and to Fer. I really can't give Marta any slack now that they are together again. But, when I think about it, she did not raise Luci, doesn't really know who she is or what she went through living close to poverty in Mexico with her dad. We only got vague references that they stayed connected, but could it be that Marta doesn't really know how to parent an adult child. She doesn't really have a handle on Leon either, other than hug him once in awhile.

Please, writers, don't forget about the owner of the bottle of pills. That would be so obvious a route to take, but the poor mother probably had no clue her little darling knew where those pills were kept or what they were for. I do fault them for the alcohol. Fer did it once before, remember?

Loved all the back-and-forth on clunky shoes, Doritos and polyester. I haven't worn heels in decades (and I'd rather be clunky in Marta's to those high-heeled platform cork things Perla and Carito are forced to wear). I'm happily wash 'n wear, especially on trips (but I do wear cotton to work in the yard and generally have to change after a couple of hours in the sun). As for Doritos? Nobody had better put their hands in my bag.
 

Kirby: Former Philippine President Noynoy Aquino is single & dated countless women for years, but never got married.


 

Susanlynn: You're right on about Juan protecting his Odd Couple furniture than Perla the IDIOT & Carito the lapdog.

 

Of course this guy's been around. He's hot enough to get away with it, but there usually comes a point at which that is no longer satisfying.

Maybe he's actually intelligent enough to not want a stupid girl like Perla.

But we've seen lots of unreality on these programs and this is not among the most incredible.
 

Y'all are on fire! We may be overthinking what Gut wants with Marta and Lilian. Maybe they couldn't find an older hunk, you know, a still in shape silver-haired fox to play Gut so. . .we got the Gut we got and the age difference is throwing us off.

Yah, for the love story at least, Marta is definitely a villain -- HEFFA! It must've hurt when Marta asked her, after the verbal and visual assault by DisGracie, to go home.

Please just don't let David falter!

Oh yeah, Fer said that DisGrace picked her up from her friends house.

And I answered my question. Susan and Miguel are going to wait for the truck with the workers to get back. I think Carito is on her way there with the stuff in the grocery bags she's carrying so hopefully Miguel can stop whatever skidmark has planned or see him in the commission of whatever act he's planning. I hope it's not the latter because it seems skidmark is packing heat. Low life bastard!
 

I think our current question is whether DisGracie brought FerBrat to the friend's house in the first place. It would be consistent with her motive of making David suffer so that she could look good by finding the brat later and bringing her home.

DisGracie succeeded where Nuria (AQNMD) failed in the murder of her sister. She is somewhat like Rebeca of ECDLP. In the -- we hope -- unlikely event that she gets David to the altar she will seriously try to destroy him. Lillian makes this all about money but DisGracie's ego is always on the line. If she doesn't become David's first and only priority she will go nuclear.
 

I think Brian was just miscast but it wouldn't matter to Lilian and Marta what he looked like they would fight over any guy the other wanted.
 

I am very surprised that Disgraceful did not go much further in her attempt to seduce Dave. More hands on , as it were. #seewhatididthere Her attempts were limited to getting handsy at every opportunity and landing that one kiss. I expected a much more intense pursuit...sexier clothing and maybe sneaking into Old Moby Dave's boudoir in the wee hours of the morning. Did the fact the there is a full house with Lilian, the kids, and Sonia save Dave from Disgrace? #againseewhatididthere

Yes, I think that they should have made Gut a sexy senior silver fox with a couple wrinkles. Fine wine. Then, maybe I could buy this tennis match between Lilian and Marta. And, yeah, what made this stud muffin decide to just stop dating multitudes and settle down with just the two women? #somethingdoesnotmakesense
 

Yah, I understand the question. The uncertainty was whether Fer said Grace picked her up from or dropped her off at her friend's house. Fer said Grace picked her up from. It's still under question how she got there. I wish David would ask more questions because even if Grace didn't take Fer there (whcih I don't think she did), it would come out that Fer talked to Gracie from her friends house earlier and David asked her as much and she LIED. This may not come out. What David wants to chew Grace out about now is having tried to kick Luci out of the hospital and telling her the freak-out, drinking and pill-taking was all Luci's fault.
 

Forgive my memory lapse on this, but was there ever a situation where DisGracie ever got FerBrat to say that she wished her dad would marry her? I recall a phrase like "someone like you" from way back, but how would FerBrat feel if her dad married Aunt Disgrace?

We know Bobby would hate this. However young he is or is supposed to be he's a lot smarter and more mature than his sister.
 

Susanlynn - she also did the half-naked thing once or twice. That seemed pretty aggressive to me. Or at least very unsubtle. But it IS surprising that she didn't get into his bed.

Lila - okay, I thought the question was did she say that Grace dropped her off AND picked her up. You are right, though - he is not asking enough questions. I really want them to find the friend's mother's name on the pill bottle, and question the friend.
 

Urban - I don't think so, because I'd been waiting for something like that - Fernanda definitively saying she'd like to have her aunt for a stepmother. I'd say the question is still open, and as much as I don't want the story to go in that direction, it would be very satisfying to see DisGrace get just as bad a reaction from Fernanda as Luciana did.
 

I also remember the statement of Fer that David needed "someone like Tia Grace." She may have actually said that to her Dad. I also remember Bobby and Fer kinda arguing about it and Fer more directly saying she thought Grace and her Dad could get together and Bobby said something like "she's our Aunt, she can't be our Mother, too."

Please, tn gods, even if David and Luci go on a break, please don't commit the locura of having Grace get even a MOMENT of giving Gracie a chance. Surely the wouldn't do that!
 

Julie..I guess I erased the provocative painting outfits out of my mind. I paint occasionally , but I always wear old clothes because I am even messier that Disgrace who I actually thought might paint au naturale. Oh, one thing that I keep forgetting to mention is that I get a kick out of the way Disgraceful flaps her tiny hands around when she talks, especially her left hand.

By the way, today, I suddenly remembered a OT that used to be very popular every year here at caraycaray . ....the basketball playoffs. Carlos and Judyb were devoted fans and often talked about the winners and losers the next day here.
 

Hi Everyone, thanks for all your comments.

Some of you mentioned that I had posted at 2:00 a.m. Well I guess it was 2:00 a.m. on the East Coast, but over where I live on the West Coast, it was only 11:00 p.m. So for me, I got done in time to watch the 11:00 news! Then I was ready to go to bed. 

Welcome Julie, I am glad you will be recapping on this team!

As for Fer and how she got to her friend’s house, I don’t think that was ever said. Fer only said that DisGrace picked her up from her friend’s house. In the previous episode, Grace called Fer to find out where she was and asked her where she was. If Grace had taken her over there, Grace wouldn’t have had to ask Fer where she was.

I too, am disappointed with Marta telling Luciana to break up with David over this incident. The child needs therapy because she has a lot of incorrect thinking and a lot of immaturity. She needs help growing up and needs to think for herself and get out from under being influenced by DisGrace.

I have an idea about the pills that Fer took and why they don’t seem to know where the meds came from. In Mexico ALL prescription drugs are OTC, over the counter. No matter what medication it is, you don’t need a prescription and can buy it all over the counter. In the world of telenovelas writing, they probably didn’t think about how in the USA, we need a written prescription from the doctor in order to get any meds. In Mexico, that is not the case. You can go and get as much as you want right off the shelf. My mother used to go buy her sleeping pills from Nogales. My brother still buys a lot of his own meds over in Nogales as well. Even with our co-pays (which have increased dramatically in recent years), meds are still much cheaper in Mexico. So Fer’s friend’s mother can get her “Prozat” in Mexico OTC without a prescription and a personal label taped to the bottle. But certainly not here in the USA, you need a real prescription and have it filled by the pharmacist behind the counter.


 

One more thing: Pay attention to tonight's episode. We may find out if they did have the prescription in someone's name.
 

Wow, thanks, Cynthia for that about drugs. Makes a lot of sense now. So it is just a bottle that says "Prozat". But Gracie knows where she picked her up from and who was there so finding out whose pills they are shouldn't be difficult. Agree with whoever said Dave and Marta are slackers for not knowing who Fer's friends are. Sheesh. I just remembered when Marta thought Lillian and Grace were actually going to leave, she boasted that now SHE would be the abuela. I thought that was pretty silly. Anyway, since Marta has so much of Fer's confidence, she should easily find out the girls names and who gave her the pills as well as that Fer talked to Grace earlier in the day.
 

They should all know Fer's bffs, the "gift bag girls". Hey, you know Lilian helped with those gift bags!!! I had kids in my house all the time when my girls were teens. We knew all their friends. P.s. Now, autocorrect is changing Fer to FDR.
 

Man the first thing any parent, cop, jealous girl/boyfriend does when somebody has behaved badly or bizzare is as soon as they are not looking (IEwhacked out) is grab that infernal cell phone and check the call records.

If Dim Bulb #almostlostawench would do just that he would catch DG in a baldfce Monster lie. Cell phones not only show when the phone rang, but if you answered and how long the call lasted.
 

#didntfinishmythought

And he would see a call or two where FerZilla answered and the call was from DisGrace and she lied saying that she had not been able to get Fer to answer and didn't know where she was. And DG would not be able to lie out of that one.
#cellphonesdontmakemistakes
 

Amen! Once again. Makes too much sense, so it won't happen. :/
 

As DG knows where she picked her up, the pills would be from that parent. The other girl would not have stolen them from HER Mom and brought them over.

But it doesn't make any difference anyway. One of her friends gave them to her and she took them.
 

Tell autouncorrect to keep it's clammy hands off anything capitalized.
 

I'm glad there was more to read when I came back online!! Yeah, check the cell phone, Dave. Please.

My parents were overprotective and they knew who all my friends were. And they disapproved of most of them in one way or another. I'm thinking probably most parents aren't crazy about all of their kids' friends and want to have some idea of who they are. My parents had to drive me to all my friends' houses, so they knew where they all lived, even if they couldn't remember their names!

Cynthia, thanks for the tidbit about the no-prescription thing in Mexico. Otherwise, I would think the omission of an Rx label inexcusable. Yeah, they can get DG to tell them where the house is. I'd love to see Dave read those people the riot act, just because as a parent-aged person I'm horrified by this plot development; but perhaps it really doesn't matter who her stupid friends or their negligent parents are. They are not the problem. Evidence of the problem is on Fer's phone.
 

Back again, I guess I will still be hammering away when tonight's show comes on.

Prozac revisited:
It is not pertinent which one gave her the pills. Pick one and blame her, you are guaranteed 50% odds of getting the right girl.

The thing which needs to happen for poor old David #whattheFcouldhappennext is that he discover that DisGrace is still up to her shenanigans, even with one foot and her bags out the front door. He already had an epiphany with NoJuan, and he is beginning to see the things that DG and LBitch are up too. Finding out that DisGrace lied about FerBrat when she (Fer) may have been headed perilously close to a suicide should be the final nail in DG's coffin.

He caught her once before when Luc ratted her out, and she turned on the poor little old me and slithered out of it. She has been unremorsefully chasing him for 16 or 20 years, The majority of that while he was married to her sister. Will he not notice what she is up to until they are in the Social Security line together?? "NUMBER 38, NUMBER 38, WINDOW4." "NUMBER 39, WINDOW 5."
 

Should be the final nail, yes. But she'll exploit the fact that Fer would take only Gracie's calls.

We'll see how their little meeting goes tonight.

So I think we're going to need more nails. It's a big coffin for such a tiny woman because we have to bury her hate with her as well. Not to mention, we've got like 52 episodes to go.
 

She has the creepiest eyes I've ever seen since Meg Foster's.
 

I remember Meg Foster's eyes. They're like blue reflectors on a road sign.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder