Thursday, August 31, 2017

La Candidata, 8/30/2017 Chapter 55: Omar Takes a bad fall, and many granades


Marcia continues with her attempt to smother Omar to death. Natalia walks in and startles Marcia “what are you doing?”

 Regina walks in on Cecilia and Alonso and says “Why did you need me to see you doing this in MY HOUSE?” His reply “sorry you surprised us” “You told me to come here you wanted to talk”She then looks at Cecilia “What about you, are you happy?” turns back to Alonso “Did you think of Emiliano he can walk in on you?” “Oh did you think about Emiliano and me when you had sex with Gerardo?”


Takes a deep breath wipes tears  “Tell me what you want” Alonso says  “Aren’t you going to thank me he would have beat you up next” Regina just turns away to leave, Alonso tells her they are still talking so not to leave, “What you want us to talk in front of this woman” Cecilia thinking she has any rights says “Don’t think you are better than me Regina” “I am much better than you Cecilia” “you had sex with my son, you are having son with his father, any human being, any woman is much better than you”

Cecilia manages to say: “Don’t talk to me about morals”
Regina begins to leave and Alonso again stops her because they are talking Regina wants to know talk “about what, about her? About how disgusting you are? about how you are arranging things to put Gerardo in jail, and also how you are fixing things so that I don’t win the election, because listen to me you will not, ever win the election”

Alonso just laughs,  “Or do you want to talk how you have lowered yourself to be with that woman”
Cecilia chimes in “Regina, we are the same” “Nope I’m wearing clothes” Boom!
“No, no I want to talk; I want her to know the truth” Cecilia appears ready to spill the beans, but no false alarm Alonso says: “Shut up, leave I am going to talk to my wife” you can actually see Cecilia’s Camelot fall she makes a pouty face and leaves. 

Natalia kicks Marcia out of the bedroom accuses her of the obvious (trying to kill Old fart)

Omar begins to recuperate from the attempted murder, is coughing, and can’t believe his eyes, it is his “beloved” Natalia. “Is that you Natalia, my love?” 

In Jail the thugs continue beating up Gerardo to within one inch of death.  He is bloody and looks about to pass out. 

Marcia goes down the stairs and tells the security guards, that Natalia is trying to hurt Omar and that they need to get her out of there. The guards don’t know what to make of this, but they are not about to listen to Marcia. 

Omar says “What is going on? I hurt you so much, and give me the best, my son.” The thugs walk in and Natalia sends them to get rid of Marcia. Omar is clueless to what is going on. Natalia orders them to kick Marcia out. 
Regina and Alonso continue to argue, she is almost unable to speak because she is so appalled at Alonso. In addition Regina tells him that she is sure that he and Teresa conspired against Gerardo to tarnish his reputation. Alonso’s response:  “I only helped a woman that was the victim of physical abuse” (Saint Alonso) Regina wants to leave but Alonso keeps saying that they are talking. He wants to negotiate the divorce in private,

Regina replies

“You are the poor man that was betrayed, what happened to you? Where you like that or did you turn into that?”  “My son grew up here, this is where there was love”

“And you lie, you swore that there was nothing between you and Gerardo “

“You ruined this family, you ruined the marriage my son.”

Alonso gathers all his wit, and the truth behind the contempt spews out of every one of his putrid pores “You defied me; you want to compete with me for the presidency? A woman defying a man for the power that only belongs to men?”

 (OMG I was floored, not because I did not expect this from Alonso, but because well let’s just say he’s an idiot)   

The security guards, start throwing Marcia’s things over the banister.  She begins screaming “what are you doing? Omar, Omar, help me Omar.” Omar hears the commotion and thinks that it’s Magda who is screaming, he wants to go defend her. Natalia tries to hold him back, because she is the one that has ordered Marcia’s removal. Omar goes out and slips at the top of the stairs. Everyone is paralyzed with shock, the first to speak is Marcia, and she calls Natalia a murderer. The goons run to Omar’s aid. 
Back with Regina and Alonso, he keeps spewing his venom

“You have always been in my shadow. You talk about justice? You used me to better your political career. You play justice, I am the one that gets my hands dirty” (indeed)

“Now I want you to do this on your own, you will have to get dirty if you want the power.  We will see how “The Mother Teresa of Calcutta” does this. I will not be there to defend you.”

“I don’t need you, and don’t confuse ideals with weakness.”

“I warn you I want Gerardo out of jail.”

“If not than what?” Alonso is as defiant as ever when he says this. 

Ignacio goes to see Tere and she says “You have two minutes I’m busy.”

Ignacio tells her, to recant her accusation against Gerardo, because “he is in jail, and he is in danger”

Teresa gets on her high horse and says “he should have thought about that before he beat me up” The fact that Gerardo is in danger actually excites her, she could care less about Gerardo. Ignacio tries to reason with her, but we all know that does not work. She instead tells Ignacio that this is good for them because now they can get closer, she starts moving in on Ignacio, flirting, not very well I might add. Ignacio is actually repulsed by this and says “there is nothing between us” Tere’s reply “oh well I guess Gerardo will spend the rest of his life in Jail” she opens the door for Ignacio to make him leave, and Ignacio tells her “you are not that good in bed” “neither are you” she retorts. 

Ximena starts yelling at Regina, that she ruined her mother, her father and her life, Regina says she understand her but she is mistaken, Emiliano defends Regina, Ximena leaves saying you are exactly like your parents. Regina understands Ximena so asks Emi to go after her.  

Cecilia starts complaining to Alonso about Regina, “She wants to take your presidency!” Completely out of left field Alonso tells Cecilia to never talk bad about his wife, Cecilia does a double take and realizes that she is nothing but a piece of ass to Alonso (really? Are you that dense?). She understands her purpose now and leaves with her tail between her legs. 

Regina is in her office crying about all of the recent events tells Daniela everything, then Andres comes to inform her that Gerardo was pummeled in jail, and he is in the infirmary. She runs out wants to go see him. 

Mario tells Noemi that they need to transfer all their assets to the exterior. Noemi sees her chance at some power and tells him that she will see, she will only sign if it is in her best interest. “After all it’s my money and my daughter’s money.  That bastard of yours is not getting any of it”

“It’s all about the money. It’s the only thing that unites us.” (Hell yeah!)

Emi walks in, “were you fighting?” He came to ask Mario for help, he wants to help Ximena’s father. (Emi and Regina have the same fault, always barking up the wrong tree – Mario will not help you, wake up!!!) “Why do you think Ximena is with you, eh?” 

Women are outside the senate building demanding that Regina, stand up for women’s right, but more specifically for Poor defenseless victims like Tere (give me a break) the leader of the protest starts inciting the mob and hounding Regina and says “You are a traitor Regina”.

Cecilia is watching from a vantage point, with a smirk that her little plan is working.  She is the one that paid the inciter, as we learn because when Regina leaves this piece of work, walks over to Cecilia and demands her payment for a job well done. Cecilia gives her hard cold cash as payment for her services. 

In the car, Regina receives a call from Escalante, let’s her know that she got approval for her to see Gerardo for 10 minutes. Thanks to El Visco's connections to “the judge”. 

Visco is at Escalante gloating for having done his part, now Escalante better do his part and make sure El Chulo dies. In the meantime outside of the house a group of the Mexican “swat” team is preparing to go into the house, they raid the house, surprising El Visco; Escalante knew this was going down, the swat team starts shooting demonstrating their power, Escalante goes and hides under a desk, demonstrating his weakness.  The swat team grabs el Visco, and hold him, Ochoa is also there.  El Visco says “you betrayed me” “Business is business El Chulo has more connections” Chulo then shows up, walks up to el Visco and shoots him dead. El Chulo tells the swat, take him away. Then tells Escalante “what’s up you did not want to dirty your hands with Narco Blood? we are all in this together, right Ochoa?” Ochoa replies “for now yes until the orders are changed”. 

Mauro thanks Ochoa for his job with El Visco. Magda walks in to try to talk to Mauro. Mauro chides her, “I offered you a chance. I can’t forgive you, you betrayed me. All I wanted was to take you out of this nightmare.” 
Mario telling Emi that Ximena just wants to be with him to get information. He tells Emi “go ahead ask her who is making her get information from you”

“No one is going to use me, you hear Me.?”

“Florencia Escurra, Nayeli, and Cecilia they went to bed with you because you are irresistible or because they were using you?”

“Ask Ximena if she’s with you because she loves your or because she is using you?” 

At Omar’s the paramedics have placed him on a gurney, and take him away. Natalia tells the guards “I don’t want to see her anymore”, guards walk Marcia out. 

Emi comes out and tells Xime

“Why are you with me? who sent you to spy on me?" Talk. Talk!”

 “The people who are extorting me.”

“You are lying, you are using me.”

“Leave, don’t touch me and leave, leave!!!”

She leaves crying. Emi feels sorry for himself. 

Regina walks into the infirmary where Gerardo is sleeping. She feels so sad. He hears her voice and manages small smile.

“I was desperate to see you, what can I do.”

“You being here is enough. We are surrounded by corruption.”

“You know Alonso is responsible for you being here. We have to get you out of here,

Gerardo says “they are doing this to keep you out of the presidency.”

You have to focus. Ximena is alone, Teresa is sick please take care of her. Please watch out for Alonso.

Tells her about the video of them having sex. In the cabin.

“If those images come out you will lose your campaign.” “Don’t worry”

They tell each other they love each other, guard walks in tells her time is up. Kisses him and tells him she loves him again. 

At El Chulo’s house the narcos have a party, Lorena wonders why the party.  Chulo tells Lorena that he wants her to be his. Pick me or Escalante.

If you pick me you can be the most powerful woman is this country. Lorena says “I do want something. I want Alonso’s head.”

El Chulo says “First is business, then personal vengeances.”

“Tell me how much money Escalante steals from me.” Lorena looks like a deer caught in headlights. 
Mauro talks to Alonso. “Your narco problem is fixed; they don’t want to give more money.”  “How much money do I get for exposing myself...?

Alonso says “You see how you are in my shadows. This is an investment, you well get your money when I’m president.”

“What if you don’t win? I can’t live like this anymore.”

Alonso hugs Mauro. “You will not live just from promises. I will give you two million dollars. Is that ok.”

Mauro nods his head.  He looked like he did not believe him.  

Magda tells Alonso that Omar is in hospital. Marcia walks in; I can tell you what happened with Omar.  

Mauro tells Mario that one of his chicks is with Alonso; he knows that he has a ring of prostitutes. Well Mario also knows some of Mario’s secrets.  “OK let’s go talk to him that way we can tell him that Cecilia is your daughter” Boom! 

A guard gets money from someone, and then allows him to walk into the infirmary where Gerardo is asleep. We then see that it is the dirty cop that Almiron had sent to jail. (Sorry everyone can’t remember his name). 

Regina walks into Noemi. Noemi tells Regina that she wants to tell her the truth, “Mario has another family, since a long time ago”

Labels:


Comments:
Due to the subject matter of this novela there will be strict moderation of the comments. Anything about current or past real-world political situations will be removed. Discussion will be limited to the story, the production values, and the actors' performances. Also, episode discussions will be closed once the next episode's recap is posted.
 

Gracias, Sandie. Good job. The dirty cop was known as The Raven.

Alonso's true colors are becoming more and more obvious. It makes me wonder why he allowed female students in his classes during his teaching years and the only answer I can come up with is that he was looking for a different kind of action from them. Was he ever faithful to her at any time in the past?

In the present he knows he can't win the presidency without Regina unless he throws dirt on her. His press conference about the divorce is a bid for sympathy. I wonder to what extent the male population sees his real attitude... and to what extent agrees with it.

A lot of men in Alonso's place would be worried about losing a much younger wife to a man her own age. Money and power may do a lot for them when they first acquire the kind of trophy wife Regina has been, but true romance with a kindred spirit can beat this. Gerardo's near-perfect good looks are icing on that cake.

Alonso's thing about "power that belongs to men" speaks to the worst of male insecurity. This isn't just about political power; it's also about sexual power. He doesn't have that over her. It makes me wonder how their sex life had been. After having seen his selfishness with other women I have difficulty believing that he ever fully satisfied Regina. That he is boinking Cecelia in the same bed now is the ultimate insult.

More later.
 

Thank you so much, Sandie, for the excellent recap.

Urban, ITA, with your assessment of Alonso. What was hopeful is that Regina seemed to get power from his ignorant statement about her daring to defy the power that belongs to only men when she decided to run for president. She looked like she was on the verge of smiling. At least she now knows the truth.

I loved Ignacio telling Teresa she wasn't that good in bed.

Also, Mauro winning in the game of one-upsmanship with Mario was a highlight for me. Mauro is on a tear.

One thing was distracting at the Narco party. The music in the background sounded like the extended version of the theme song to "El bienamado" which I am also watching.
 

What I am truly hating is that Noemi still doesn't get it. She herself is working at getting what she can of Mario's money; I think she deserves that. However she doesn't seem to want to face that Regina is miserable with Alonso, his cheating, and his corruption. It's as though she wants Regina to be as miserable as she is. She's even in denial about being an alcoholic.

Marcia is doomed at this point. If this came to a court case and she accused Natalia of trying to kill Omar, whom do you think a judge would believe? The goons would all side with Natalia at this point. They have to know that Omar was unfairly cruel to her.

Finally, if Gerardo dies we will have a tragedy that sends a very bad message.
 

Thanks for comments everyone.

Jarifa: Lol about the music in the background, I think it was Regional Banda music, and I do believe EB is also Banda.

The dialogue between Regina and Alonso was so intense, it was so well acted by Regina especially. Her voice was filled with pain, disgust, determination. My favorite was when she told Alonso he would never ever be president. Reminded me of the musical Hamilton. "Well he's never gon' be president now, never gon' be president now".

 

Urban: thanks for the crooked cops name El Cuervo, now I remember.
 

Thank you so much Sandie! That was so very intense and I was at the edge of my seat trying to process all the tricks and turns here. So great job at recapping it all together.

My fear is that Gerardo will die. Something in me says "not yet" or maybe they just want us to think that right now for some reason. I so want Regina to live happily ever after with Gerardo. I want Emiliano to finish school and go to a good university and become someone that his mother can be proud of. But everything is up in the air at this point.

This patriarchal thing with Alonso really burns me up too! I hope he gets kicked in the rear end for his "men have all the power" concepts. I hope Regina uses her power to put him in his place. He's nothing but corruptions and he gets his power from destroying people, degrading them into the ground. It's a power, but it's power achieved by sordid, contaminated means. This actor playing Alonso is doing a very good job. I look at him playing the character of Alonso and feel like he's really being Satan, so to speak. Just the epitome of evil.

I feel like Marcia will either be killed off soon by Mario or she will just have to disappear. I can't see her just disappearing and leaving everything hanging.
 

My, my, my. Sandie, Sandie, Sandie--Terrific recap. Your asides added a needed touch of snark to such a powerful episode. Thank you.

Instead of everything getting better, it is only getting worse. I thought by now they would have started clearing up the cross-connections among the principal stories, but with Escalante's arrival, it has just gotten more complicated.

Regina is definitely in an untenable position--even if she doesn't know about Escalante's underworld connections, she's becoming beholden to him.

Gerardo is correct. With himself out of the race, if she drops out by giving him an alibi, it paves an easy way for Alonso to win the presidency. I just don't want to see him die, in prison or out. BTW, Regina explained to Escalante that there were no witnesses because they were NOT in a hotel, they were in a cabana.

Sandie--I also felt Regina's confrontation with Alonso was most intense of the whole tn, so far. And how real she made it seem. No need to wonder about Silvia's talent.

Emi and Xi are just babes in the wood, without an ounce of the maturity and experience shown between Alonso and Regina when it comes to listening, understanding and deciding about their relationship when they are both roiling with anger.

Alonso can't sink much lower into the mud. He's already pond-scum, money and power or not. His true colors finally came through.

Urban--I'm sure Alonso was keeping an eye out for potential, luscious "meat" in his classes. And I bet they didn't get as good grades as their male counterparts. He probably also saw women as being groomed to be intelligent, well prepared "helpmates" to be married off to the "true" leaders of the country, with the exception here and there like Lorena. Everything was going well for him with Regina until she started to flex some independence and had countervailing ideas to his and his party's. He derided her for dabbling in small time stuff--which he let her do--as with the Universal Child Welfare Law. Regrettably there are too many men who still cling to politics (and business) as being the purview of males only.

So is Omar going to kick the bucket in the next episode? I'm pretty sure he didn't have time to sign anything turning over his business affairs to Mario. Mario had $$$ dancing in his eyes, but I can't believe he would take everything away from Natalia and Alonso wouldn't have permitted it anyway.

Mario is pond-scum, too, the way he leered at Marcia and said the only thing he wanted from her was to see her naked and in front of him.

Noemi--Don't stop now. Please tell Regina the rest of the story about Mario's family tonight.
 

Anita and Cynthia thank you for your comments, and for reading the recap. This one was definetely intense. Regina's character has many flaws, but her strength was evident last night, and the opposite was true for Cecilia. Although they are sisters, they are polar opposites in every way immaginable. Regina is quick on her feet, and she will not let Cecilia get the upper hand. Cecilia was actually like a mouse compared to Regina, her voice was even subdued. In a way she seemed afraid of Regina. I can't wait to see tonights episode, something major has to start happening soon.
 

Good for Marcia for trying to get in front of the Omar situation by blaming Natalia. It won't work, of course, because no one would believe her over Natalia. But A for effort. I'm done feeling sorry for Natalia. She knew what Omar was like and refused to help Marcia, and then went BACK to him! What was she thinking? She could've protected her money with her lawyers, and tossed a few bucks Marcia's way for her trouble and to get rid of her. But nope. She had to care about the stupid, violent jerk.

It's still a good time for Marcia to cut her losses and run, far, far away.

I thought Cecelia was gong to spill about her big secret. She almost showed some strength there. C- for her. And Mauro? What are his chances of survival now? Given Mario's history, that's a failure, buddy.

Kelly
 

UA: I'm assuming Escalante or Alonso framed Gerardo.
 

I think the scheme was worked out between Teresa and Alonso. She hired the goon to bruise her up, then called the police on Gerardo.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder