Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Mi Marido Tiene Familia; Capítulo 82, Tuesday December 19, 2017; A Day at the Beach and Dave’s adoption in peril!


We open with Robert and Julieta in bed with matching pajamas happily discussing how to go about adopting David.

Cassandra and Clarissa are hysterically giving Augusto the bad news that Daniela says she is pregnant. They all act like it is the end of the world! Gabriel sits on the bed with his bear and that dreaded mouse comes out and scares him again. He calls Maritza and she says the mouse is just hungry.

Daniela cries with her sisters about what happened with Gabriel. Marisol advises her to talk to him if she still loves him, but Daniela is so angry she doesn’t want to talk to him and says she hates Gabriel now.

Audifaz, Polita, and Aristóteles have to face the restaurant management and end up working in the kitchen washing dishes. Audi doesn’t mind because he says that at least they are all together as a family.


At the bakery, Xavi and Marisol discuss strategy for his video and what kind of dance routine their might be. Marisol asks him to trust her, she’s his manager. Xavi says he does trust her because she is now part of his story. He moves in to kiss her, but who should walk in but Ignacio and he does not look very happy at all! He yells out, “MARISOL!!!”

Ignacio is upset and accuses Marisol of poisoning Frida’s mind against him. [Iggy, I think you did that all by yourself.] He claims he went to see Frida at school and she didn’t want to talk him. Xavi comes to her defense and grabs him by the collar. A customer comes in and Xavi politely lets him go. “Come in, right now we have some little horns, and some BIG horns too.” Later, Xavi tells Marisol that he’s right there for her, no matter what and that Frida is a smart girl, she will see through any of Ignacio’s accusations and hypocrisy.

At the orphanage, Robert and Julieta discuss how Dave might be able to come live with them before the adoption takes place. Carmelo tells them that there is a program similar to a foster program that would allow this and that Dave should be told that he can come to live with them temporarily. Julieta and Robert find Dave painting, so they explain the situation that they might be able to take him home, kind of like a little vacation. Dave is very anxious to go, he’s ready to pack his things. But Robert and Julieta explain that it is not yet but they promise to let him know when he can come.

Carmelo further explains about the process for adoption and lets Robert and Julieta know about the details regarding Dave’s being abandoned and that red tape that has to be fixed up.

Daniela is outside her home thinking about Gabe when Augusto and his men in black drive up for the purpose of intimidating Daniela once again. He tells her that he’s worried about his son and only wants a few minutes of her time. Inside, he wants to know if she is really pregnant. He also makes the accusation that she is the cause of Gabe’s downfall and this will end his life. [Well, Auggie dear, you are doing one heck of a job yourself!] He shows her pictures of Gabe having to rent from a dumpy motel and not is living with some roommate. This is how Daniela is ruining his life. She forced him out of the life he is accustomed to. She explains that money isn’t everything and how this is not her fault. They are the ones who have rejected Gabe. However, Augusto threatens that he has the power to make Gabriel fail if he continues down this road.

Daniela finally tells him to get out. She starts thinking about all the warnings in a nightmarish way and is overcome by her emotions.

Meanwhile, Gabriel talks to his bear and tries to call Daniela again, but she does not answer.

Blanca and her sisters planning a beach trip together. Eugenio calls and invites her to dinner to some restaurant that closed 30 years ago and says, “Sorry, I’m going to the beach, I haven’t been there for many years!”

Linda gets Catalina’s friend request on Facebook and accepts. Catalina doesn’t want her as a daughter in law, much less as a FB friend. But Linda calls and invites her to lunch and tells her she wants her out of her life.

Aris is doing very well as a male model, even Julieta says so.

Audi goes to see Rebeca, Polita’s mother, but she isn’t very nice to him. Here is the problem: Rebeca is married to a man who knows she was married previously to him and doesn’t know she has a daughter. “How much money do you need? Just let me give you money so you can leave me alone and in peace,” says Rebeca. But Audi tells her that what Polita needs is a real mother who will give her love. “What about your grandson? Do you not want to know him?” Again, Rebeca says, “Well I don’t need a daughter. How much money should I give you?” “Nothing” says Audi. “I hope that when you finally regret what you have done, it’s not too late. You need your money more than I do.”

Marisol and Frida sit on a park bench and talk about how their problems really shouldn’t be Frida’s problems. She tells Frida not to cry and will make sure that she sees her father more often.

The Córsega sisters talk together and Dani feels that she thinks that Augusto is right about Gabriel getting tired of not having his family riches. Marisol thinks that his braveness about the situation is commendable. Linda advises her to just talk to Gabriel.

A social worker is outside Robert and Julieta’s door to do a home check unannounced. She tells Julieta that the visit is necessary to make sure that they are not hiding anything.

The social worker is taking notes on Julieta’s and Robert’s apartment while Julieta tries to clean up Bruno’s room and explains that her brother is using this room right now. She notes that there is not another room for David by himself. She also asks if Bruno has a girlfriend and might be a bad influence on the little boy. But Julieta says that Bruno does not have a girlfriend. As Julieta is picking up Bruno’s clothes, she asks, “Aren’t you going to wash them?”

Catalina tells Hugo she can’t figure out why she can’t find Diana or Bruno on FB anymore. Hugo looks for their profiles and realizes that they blocked Catalina.

At the beach, girls just wanna have fun! Blanca, Belen, and Amalia check into a beautiful resort. They spend a lovely day enjoying themselves in Puerto Escondido. They decide they are going to go dancing later. [I loved the scenery]

The social worker keeps taking notes and lets her know that there are many tests to pass and a long, extensive questionnaire before an adoption takes place, as Julieta is furiously trying to clean up. The social worker says that prospective adoptive parents have to be measured up to see if they are suitable parents. “We have to be sure that the child is going to be in good hands.”

Outside the room, Bruno and Linda are embraced in a kiss as Julieta and the social worker walk out. The social worker makes an exclamation when she sees the kissing couple as though she has never seen a young couple kissing in her life, putting her hand on her chest. “I see this must be your brother Bruno”. Then Linda runs up, extending her hand saying, “And I’m his girlfriend Linda!” Social worker glares at Julieta saying, “I thought you said he didn’t have a girlfriend.” [Busted!] After scolding both Linda and Bruno in another room, Julieta tells Linda to leave. But as Linda walks through the living room, Julieta acts all nicey-nicey to Linda and tells her to be careful. She puts on another nicey-nicey face for Bruno and calls him an affectionate nickname, nicely asking him to clean up. The social worker continues taking notes.

As Linda leaves through the door, she encounters Catalina coming and Catalina starts having a cow being quite rude. She says says to Bruno, “How could you ever do this to me?” Julieta says, “What did he do?” “He blocked me from Facebook”, says Catalina. Bruno says he doesn’t want his mother as a FB friend because he doesn’t want her stalking him. “Who wants to have their mother as a Facebook friend”, says Bruno. “Look, I didn’t want my mother on my page saying what a good little boy I am and posting pictures of me when I was a baby.” Catalina continues her tirade and complaining that even Julieta has not accepted her as a Facebook friend. Social worker keeps taking notes while Catalina continues with her meltdown.


Robert comes home with Eugenio. Linda says she lost an earring inside Robert and Julieta’s place. They come in while Catalina is still in the midst of the meltdown and the whole thing nearly turns into a Jerry Springer type brawl. Then they hear an explosion and it turns out it’s Audi trying to light the water heater, but the social worker writes down that the neighbors play with fireworks. Audi and Polita come down and Audi has ash all over him. They are in the midst of a crisis!


Labels:


Comments:
I am substituting for RGV Chick tonight. I don't normally recap on this one, but I watch religiously and do a lot of laughing. Hope you all enjoyed this. I tried to make it fun.
 

Cynthia, thank you so much for staying up so late to pinch hit for RgvChickie.

It really was a wild episode tonight (or last night more accurately). You nailed it, a Jerry Springer show! Poor Julieta, trying to make a good impression with the social worker, and both families going nuts a la Jerry Springer! Poor Julie!

Girls just wanna have fun, and they were doing a great job of it.

Audi impressed me for a change. I don't know why he is back to his old peculiar way of dressing, but he really did his best with Polita's mom. He may have her thinking now.

More later, it's too late for me now... yawn!
 

Cynthia, thank you for the recap. It was excellent. Yes, nearly a “Jerry Springer brawl” says it all. Julieta just could not win with that social worker or could she? We really do not know what the stone-faced social worker thought since she was just taking notes.

Andie, yes Audifaz really did do his best to try to convince Rebeca. So, her current husband does not know she had a daughter but that does not mean she has to be so cruel to Polita. I know of a similar case in real life.

Eugenio is far from being rehabilitated from his machista state of mind. I could not believe that he asked “with whose permission” when Blanca announced she was going to the beach. Her reaction was the correct one. I wonder if she is ever going to give up her frumpy clothes. I always live beach scenes.

It is funny how everybody knows exactly where Daniela has her carpentry shop and just shows up.
 

Thank you for your recap, Cynthia, and welcome to the MMTM table on the Patio.

I love the "Jerry Springer" description and cannot wait to watch this episode at lunch.
 

Jarifa: Daddy Mussi is still WINNING!
 

Thank you, Cynthia for this wonderful retelling of last night's events and the screenshots are amazing. I especially like Blanca looking so happy with arms spread catching the sea breeze.
The Jerry Springer reference was perfect, Cynthia! Poor Julieta, I could feel her anguish. I am sure the social worker understood that this was not a normal day. Any social workers on the patio or lurking? It would be nice to know what you think.

I really like the sisters at the beach too. What a beautiful place they chose to go to.

Jarifa, "her current husband does not know she had a daughter but that does not mean she has to be so cruel to Polita" ITA, she was heartless! I wonder how old Polita was when her mother abandoned her. And, "Eugenio is far from being rehabilitated from his machista state of mind. I could not believe that he asked “with whose permission” Very true, but sad to say that I know men here in the US (and very close to home, I might add) whose wives had professional careers and they still demand that their wives "get permission" to go out...even for lunch!

Augusto was also so heartless toward Dani. I was cheering for her when she wasn't backing down and told him to get out.
 

Cynthia, thank you for the very fine recap. Your screen shots added so much - the 3 sisters on the beach was beautiful. Yes, you made this fun!

"[Iggy, I think you did that all by yourself.]" was spot on. I knew he would resurface to cause chaos just as Marisol and Xavi were heating up.

Added thanks to all of the recappers for the last week of summaries.

I'm a bit behind but I couldn't agree more with you Jarifa that "Eugenio is far from being rehabilitated from his machista state of mind". I haven't gotten over him "forbidding" Blanca to eat strawberries years ago. I think it is going to be harder for him to change than for Blanca and Imelda combined.

Andy, I have always been at Audi's table. I wasn't able to watch this in its entirety so missed the scene with him and Polita's mother. So sad...

I didn't expect the surprise visit from the social worker to go quite as badly as it did. Julieta must have been beside herself - Linda literally wrapping herself around her "non boyfriend" Bruno was the last straw.

I had really hoped that Gabi and Dani would stay strong and united. Of course Gabi was totally wrong not to tell Dani about his lunch date. I understood Dani's tears but really, she is normally good about listening so I'm sorry she picked this time to stop. "Daddy Mussi" (thanks Steve) is really a turn off. Why doesn't he concentrate some of his energies into encouraging his daughters to get careers and get a life.

I hope Dave isn't in for a world of hurt. The adoption process is already off to a bad start. Hope this is wrapped up soon.

Cynthia, thank you again!

Diana
 

RVG Chick: Daddy Mussi has something deadly planned for Dani somehow.

He is showing shades of Daddy Peralra from "Haste EL Fin Del Mundo".
 

Steve, I really don't think ( and hope not) DaddyDevil has something "deadly" planned...evil yes, but not deadly. The only thing he wants to "kill" is anyone's hopes of swaying Gabi into a life DaddyDevil can't control.

Diana, welcome back to this patio...we missed you!

 

Diana, great to see you back on the patio. ITA with you about the strawberries incident. It was so utterly pathetic.

RgvChick, not surprising about the “permission” routine since I saw it when I was younger in the neighborhood.

IMHO: Women need to get smarter and learn how to take care of themselves first.
 

Thanks, Cynthia. Great to enjoy one of your recaps once again. Thanks for giving Rgv Chick a break. You recappers are the best. The gift that keeps on giving.

Xavi comes to her defense and grabs him by the collar. A customer comes in and Xavi politely lets him go. “Come in, right now we have some little horns, and some BIG horns too.”

Yay, Xavi! So sorry I missed seeing that scene.

Eugenio calls and invites her to dinner to some restaurant that closed 30 years ago and she says, “Sorry, I’m going to the beach, I haven’t been there for many years!”

Yep, looks like it’s going to take Eugenio a long time to become worthy of Blanca’s return, if ever. Eugenio, a few tips for you: Pick up on Blanca's driving lessons and help her pass the driver's exam, offer to take her to the beach, show interest in her language studies, personally cook a meal for her, share in the housework. Hombre, if I don't see any of this, I'm done with you.

She tells Frida not to cry and will make sure that she sees her father more often.

Okay, but her father is a deadbeat, stupid, and probably only coming around now because his boss-girlfriend kicked him to the curb.

Diana, welcome back. Amiga, you’ve been missed here.
 

RVG Chick: when I heard the "with whose permission?" line I had to laugh. I don't doubt that that still goes on to some extent, perhaps more in Mexico than here, but here too. But in my experience it is more often the man who needs permission or at least some sort of clearance for anything not business related. Certainly was the case with me, but I never really minded as the ridiculous premise was that there were lots of good looking women out there who would steal me away from her if they got the chance. In reality it was just a game she played to make me feel cherished and it did do that, sucker that I am :-)

I don't know if we should be worried about the social worker or not. We have probably all seen similar circus scenes in other comedies, and this was totally played for laughs. The social worker's report might be bad or she might just conclude 'typical nice extended family, people care about each other'. We will have to wait to see.

I feel for Dani and think DaddyDevil is a first class jerk. But Dani needs to get a grip on things, maybe slap Gaby around a little bit, threaten him with her very unusual "karate", and put him on the "you need to inform me and get my permission in the future" regimen.

But not too harshly, Gaby is delicate :-)
 

The social worker's report might be bad or she might just conclude 'typical nice extended family, people care about each other'.

Andy, ITA. The social worker saw no drug use and no real violence, so Julieta and Robert "should" be good to go to get Dave.
 

"Pick up on Blanca's driving lessons and help her pass the driver's exam, offer to take her to the beach, show interest in her language studies, personally cook a meal for her, share in the housework. Hombre, if I don't see any of this, I'm done with you".

A gem Niecie! We can only hope Eugenio heeds your advice....

Diana
 

Niecie, no, no real violence, but didn't Eugenio threaten to cut Bruno's hair, or am I mixing up scenes here? Or maybe it was Gaby's, though I think Gaby wasn't there.

If he did do so it might have given that poor social worker something to ponder, "older man threatens to cut younger man's hair... say what?"

:-)
 

The first time I saw Polita's mother, she looked familiar to me. The actress played the part of "Soggy Paula" (given that nickname by The Patio for all her crying) in Amores Verdaderes who, IIRC, also hid the fact she had a daughter -VictorianBalvanera -from her current beau. If I'm remembering this wrong, pleas tell me.
 

Well, drat, I hit Post before I was finished. Gab's backwards somersault on the bed to avoid Maritza was impressive. And I have to say, Maritza is sort of kind of growing in me ..... as long as she stays on the TV sceeen and doesn't come visit me. 🐭🐭🐭
 

"But not too harshly, Gaby is delicate :-)". LOL!!!!! He is delicate and rather naive.

I don't see Augusto trying to off Dani because it's not that type telenovela, but I would not put it past him to buy the building and terminate her workshop lease or raise the rent, thus putting her out on the street.
 

Thanks everyone for your comments! I am miffed about Polita's "mother" rejecting her because she has hidden the fact from her current husband that she has a daughter. That is just plain cruel and heartless. It reminds me of Tres Veces Ana where the actress who plays Belen in this one, played a character named Julieta who left her husband and children for another man. She hid the fact that she left her children and denied them for many years. But she got what was coming to her in the end, her rich husband dumped her for a younger woman and threw her out. Maybe we will see Rebeca get her just desserts for being so cruel and mean. There is nothing in this world that is important enough to deny my children or my grandchildren.

Eugenio has a lot to learn and I am glad Blanca is taking this time out to have some fun. This is truly "girls just wanna have fun" vacation for her.

Ahhh...that social worker sure walked into a circus. But she is getting to see how the family handles real life. Maybe it won't turn out so bad after all.

RGV Chick, I was more than happy to fill in for you. :)
 

doris, you are absolutely right about "Soggy Paula":) I knew she looked familiar, but I couldn't place her.

Cynthia, I had forgotten that Belen was in TVA(which I watched and enjoyed). She did deny and lose her daughter. Sad justice.

Diana


 

Thanks Cynthia! Not a lot of time to comment but hope D and G work things out tonight.

Welcome back Diana!!!


 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder