Thursday, February 08, 2018

Caer en Tentacion #80/81, 2/7/18: The Party of Doom (#77 according to Uni)

Take aways from this episode:

(1) I don't think Vicente killed Carolina, I believe he was involved in some way with the accident that happened but I do think that he loved his sister and although he was blackmailing her he would never have killed her.
(2) Mia is way up on my list, I truly believe that she is mentally unstable. She makes up lies, she's obsessive and she manipulates people in order to get her way, but what puts her high on my list is that she seems to believe that once Damian wakes up they will be a perfect family. I'm wondering to what she would have done if she found out that Damian was with Carolina- would she kill to keep her "perfect family" together? I'm gonna say yes.
(3) Carolina is a salty b*tch
(4) Raquel has really nice arms.
(5) Nicolas has really cute bed sheets.



Now the recap:

Vicente is staying at Lisa's house, he keeps having hallucinations of Carolina, he thinks she's trying to ask him something but he doesn't know what. He apologizes to her ghost and then wonders out loud if she wants him to kill himself, if so he's willing to do it. Lisa wakes him up and asks him if he killed Carolina. Vicente tells her he did not, he loved her and protected her since she was a baby, but the last time he saw her he treated her so badly and now he's full of remorse. Lisa later calls Santiago and tells him that she thinks Vicente had something to do with Carolina's death.

In the Past: Raquel shows up at the Alvarados house to settle up the accounts with Carolina as she is dissolving the partnership and buying Caro out of the catering business.

Alina has to deal with Sammy who came to her house and slit his wrist in front of her, when Rueda comes looking for Sammy she tells him what happened and tells him to put Sammy in the hospital. Sammy later tells Mia that he found Nico and Alina in bed together.

Andres pays a visit to Raquel he tells her he found Cinthia high as a kite, he tells her she's using drugs again and then tells Raquel that his friend Miguel is in jail for trying to use Legato in order to launder money. He actually expected Raquel to thank him, Raquel reminds him that he was the one that brought Miguel into their lives and gave him access to the company. Andres tells her that Damian knew what was going on. Raquel tells Andres that they will have to ask Damian how much he knew when he recovers "what?" asks a surprised Andres, "you do know that Damian is out of the coma right? And he's starting to get better, he's even talking, once he feels better we can ask him to confirm what you're telling me". This leads Andres back to the hospital where he tells Damian to be careful about what he says.

Raquel finds herself having to stay and care for Damian instead of running after Santiago, this leads Mia to think that once her father gets better things will go back to the way they used to be, she seems to forget that for 3 years her dad was sleeping with someone else.

In the Present: Raquel finds out the boys didn't go to school because they stayed out all night, something Fede doesn't do. She calls Santi and he and Caro find out Nico lied about spending the night with Fede.

So Mia's lies are messing with everyone. Santiago wants to end his partnership with Damian but Damian talks him out of it, they are actually doing really well on this project and they should not let their personal lives get in the middle of their business venture. Damian probably wants to keep Santiago around in order to have an excuse to see Carolina. They agree to continue working together.

In the Present: Santi and Flo have a heart to heart talk about Raquel over the kitchen table. Flo tells him to forget Raquel (because she has a vested interest in that happening).

In present time Lola and Santiago have a heart to heart, he wants to know how she feels about Bebo, does she love him? She says she's not sure, she has no idea what love is. he tells her it's a feeling you get in your chest, its being able to tell the other person anything, what hurts you and all your secrets, then he srtarts to cry. Lola says she's done a lot of bad things and Santiago tells her that's not true. Everyone makes mistakes, Bebo made mistakes and he opened up to her about everything and if he loves her he will still be with her when she tells him what she's been through.

Nacho tells Agustin that Dam woke up. He's worried about Santi because he told Nacho several times he was waiting for Dam to wake up so he could kill him with his own two hands.

Santi is at Alina's office. She tells him she committed a grave error with Nico. It's all over now. Santi wonders how Nico will take this. Alina says he'll overcome it in time. Meanwhile, touching his hand lightly on the desk, she says she's there for him. He withdraws his hand so she notices he did it on purpose. Santi then asks about Benji. She tells him that trying to get custody is a lost cause and to get used to it.

In the Past: The two boys each get into trouble with their parents. They argue. Nico says it was nothing. They met some girls. Fede says the same thing--he was with a girl. Are they happy now or not? Nico and Fede talk about last night. Apparently Nico saw Fede kissing his boyfriend and Nico is pissed that he got into trouble just because Fede wanted to be with his boyfriend, Nique (this is someone we haven't met, I don't think).

As Time goes by:
Santi buys Caro a new red sedan.
Dam is still paying off Vic, as Andres watches Vic take the check and leave.
There's a two year celebration for the catering business.
Happy sex for both couples. (Definitely check out TF's comment at 7:00 pm on the contrast between the two couples.)

We are now a year away from the accident, Carolina and Santiago seems happy and so do Damian and Raquel, until the party of doom.

Nacho is throwing a party at his house for Damian and Santiago, Damian invites Raquel to come with him and she agrees, even if it means seeing Carolina. They arrive at the party and Carolina is immediately uncomfortable, things don't improve when Nacho proposes a toast in Raquel's honor, if not for her they would not be where they are today. Raquel in turn tells them that nothing would be possible without their hard work.

Damian approaches Carolina and she tells him to leave her alone. They haven't talked in a year and she changed her number, does this mean they will never talk again? Carolina again tells him that she wants nothing to do with him and that she no longer thinks about him, Damian calls her out and tells her she is lying. This makes Carolina want to leave the party, Santiago tells her the guys threw the party for them and Carolina says the party is more about Raquel than anyone else and she's tired of him looking at Raquel like she's the prefect woman. She goes to leave and Raquel follows her.

Raquel wants to know what's going on, is she leaving because Santiago's workers have affection towards her or because she's not the center of attention? Carolina answers that she feels unwell and that she's leaving because they don't get along, Raquel reminds her that she was responsible for their falling out, she wanted another child and because of the way Carolina reacted when Benjamin had his accident her husband saw her as being unfit to have another child. In the end both women still have a lot of resentment towards each other and their relationship remains broken.

Nando is at Raq's house to see Cin. She's having "withdrawl symptoms" from Andres' recent assault. She tells Nando she knows she's complicating his life, but she feels she can't move ahead without him. With him at her side, she feels she can do anything. They stand there. He looks at her with loving sympathy and reaches out to touch her cheek.

That's all for today folks!


Labels:


Comments:
Looking forward to the recap, Juju! I wish Univision didn't have y'all pulling double duty by cutting and combining two episodes.
 

TF: Did the Caray, Caray! BlogSpot crash or something ?

I clicked on here & it had some weird message regarding removing cookies, etc.,

 

Steve: I think so. I keep getting an error message of “page not found” or something like that.
 

It seems to have crashed. I had to Google Caray Caray and then get to Caer through Google.
 

I has the same issue, all you need to do is go to your internet history and clear your browsing history and ta da! Problem solved :)
 

That happened to me this morning.

This slicing and dicing is the pits.
 

I've been getting this same message since yesterday. I keep deleting my browsing history and cookies and a few hours later I have to do it all over again.

So far, CarayCaray is the ONLY website that I get the Whoops message on. None of the other websites do, so I wonder if there IS something broken on Caray. Who do we tell?
 

Niecie--Just to answer something on Tuesday's blog comment. I did do the recap for #79. It followed Jardinera's #78.

The Princess is working on #80/81. I'm on for tonight's #81/82, I guess. Whatever it is I see broadcast is what you get. I can't use other websites because they always tell me my browser is out of date and I can't see what they've posted. (Oh, where is my son when I need him.....)
 

I'm excited about the next recap. Mia
Wants everybody to be happy happy and
More happy. Not gonna happy. She want
Her mom to just forget about being lied to by her perfect dad? Who she's not that crazy about either.didn't she acuse daddy of having sex with Lola? Right family wrong female.Stupid mia.
I must have missed the rape thing with Andy and cin. Glad I did. Andres the slim king. And he really hates damian.
More after the recap is posted.
 

Thanks, Anita. I was already confused, then that hatchet job last night got me even more off kilter.
 

Thank you Princess Juju.

The TN on Uni last night ended with Lisa calling Santi and telling him that she was afraid of Vicente and she thought he could have possibly killed Carolina.

I won't get into my venting again today.

I do have to say that Carolina was such an annoying B#$%@ last night. I feel sorry for Raquel for having to put up with her.

And Mia, she is delusional if she thinks it will be a happy ending with a happy family.
 

For the record my recap is not in order, because I got it up so late I put things together to make it faster.
 

Thanks Juju!

Some of my most favorite scenes in this entire telenovela are the scenes between Santiago and Lola. Given that most of their heart to heart conversations are happening in the present it’s amazing to see Santiago step up as a father now that Carolina is gone. And Lola being Santiago and Carolina’s only daughter, you’d think Carolina would’ve been closer to Lola but she wasn’t.

Since I live tweet the episodes I also see other people doing the same and last night someone mentioned something interesting about the two main couples and the double love scene. Raquel was practically the ideal wife to Damian. She demonstrated to him how happy and proud she was of him for the partnership with Santiago and took the time to create a romantic setting in their bedroom before the love making (lol) but on the other hand Carolina literally just got naked and dropped her robe.

Which leads me to the final conversation between Raquel and Carolina. I think Raquel was spot on with everything she said especially when she noted that Carolina was upset that she wasn’t the center of attention and that she (Raquel) was doing something that Carolina probably didn’t even think of doing by celebrating not only Damian but Santiago as well.
 

Thank you, Princess JuJu. I missed this last night. Now I can watch tonight!
 

Thank you Princess Juju. Great recap.

Completely agree with you that Mia is totally delusional. And dangerous. I put nothing past her.

I appreciate all your details, especially that Damian and Caro hadn't spoken in a year. That shocked me. I am surprised he backed off, but perhaps she gave him no opportunity and he would have literally had to break the door down to see her.

The one I felt badly for at the party was Santiago. He was clearly torn, wanting to celebrate but understanding Caro's discomfort.

Yet another thing I was wrong about was thinking that Raquel changed and got stronger after the accident. I think the end of her and Caro's friendship shook her to the core. She certainly was very self assured and had no trouble putting Caro in her place last night. A far cry from her endless chatter and easygoing attitude we saw when this began.

There was a phone call between Nico and Fede I did not understand. Fede seemed a bit upset. Was that anything crucial?

I think if Andres was at the scene of the accident,he would be in utter panic mode about Damian waking up which he doesn't seem to be. Raquel seems happy so I'm thinking she isn't shaken either. Santi just seems genuinely furious. Am I correct in that Damian definitely saw who shot and hit Caro with the shovel?? I'm thinking that everything hinges on him recovering enough to tell. Would Mia be so crazily happy if she had anything to hide?

TF, yes, the relationship between Santi and Lola is one of the sweetest here.

After all this, we are still a year before the accident.

Diana
 

Thanks, Princess Juju. I'm starting to suspect Mia had a hand in Caro's murder more so now too, but that would be such a blow to Raquel and Fede (forget about cheatin/lyin Dam).

Diana, I'm confused about the Nico/Fede phone call from the past too. I'm not sure if Fede and Nico shared a (maybe drunken?) kiss at a party and Nico is upset about it, or if Nico saw Fede kissing some guy at the party and Nico is uncomfortable with Fede being gay. In the present, they remain close friends so apparently they worked through whatever.
 

Niece, Nico and Fede stayed out all night at a party, Fede kissed a guy and both he and Nico got in trouble because they stayed out all night and missed school.
 

Juju--Thanking you in advance for what was a difficult episode to get through, knife and scissor-wise. With supper done, I can read it in peace.

Diana--The police haven't yet determined if someone conked Damian on the head in or out of the car. In any case, my presumption is that he didn't see who hit him, but Carolina certainly did and ran--but she's dead. Well, at least to everyone except Vic.

I didn't really understand Fede and Nico's bedtime convo either. It seemed insignificant, compared to other things that were cut. Whatever led up to it must have been cut. Apparently Nico saw Fede kissing some boy at a party and Fede wonders if that changed Nico's opinion of him. Apparently they are still friends. At one point the two of them got into trouble for spending the whole night out without telling their parents. Fede tells his parents he was with a girl--so are they happy now?

NOTE: So we have plenty of time to discuss Wednesday's episode, I won't post Thursday's until later on Friday (since Sandie posts on the weekend). See you all tomorrow morning.
 

PJuju--You posted while I was still writing. We got to the same point, though, fortunately.
 

Princess Juju and Anita, thinks for clarification on Fede and some other guy kissing. ITA strange the hatchet editor left that very very minor incident in. I'm glad to miss the rape, but I would've liked to see how Cinthia let Andres get within a yard of her.
 

Niecie, thanks for sharing that you also weren't clear on what happened with Fede and Nico.

Princess Juju and Anita, thank you for clarifying what that was all about.

So Damian likely didn't see who hit him. So his waking up might solve nothing...Anita thanks for the info. "Carolina certainly did and ran--but she's dead. Well, at least to everyone except Vic" made me smile. Thank you, especially as almost nothing here does!

Diana
 

Thank you Juju. You put it together well enough with what you had to work with.
Andres is totally nauseating.

Now does anybody have any Imformation on the guy that cut his wrist in alina
's den of sin?I hope nico runs as fast
As his naked legs can carry him. This
Woman is not worth the hell he's going
Through.why people put themselves though Crap is beyond me.Why aggrevate yourSelf if you don't have to? You can do Bad all by yourself (Thank you Mr. Tyler Perry).So this year that's left, it'll Start in the next few weeks? That'll be fun. I'm thinkin mia, she's really Got the crazy goin on big time. I could see her so spittin nails mad, boppin Daddy over the head with the shovel and Taking the gun and shooting the woman That destroyed her perfect family. Yeah The twisted little twit could do that.

Die andres, Die.

Thank you juju. Now let's see how much chopping they'll do tonight.
 

Nina--That was Sammie, Alina's ex-lover and Rueda's son. That scene is in Juju's recap.

I have a few things I can add and will, while I wait for the the next chop job to come on. (I'll try green ink for additions.)
 

That's the ugliest green I've ever seen, but there were no other options, except fuschia. This was not meant to take anything away from Princess Juju's hard work, but if indeed these were two chopped episodes pasted together again, I can't tell. But I did find a few things that might round out the episode.
 

That weird error thingy came up again
So I switched over to the computer version. This version only had 24 comments the other one has 33. I have
No idea how this works. But whatever.
 

Ok That's not a bad lookin green.looks
Like pea soup. And something else. But
It matches these people's characters,
The bad ones. I'll go back and read the green tomorrow. Thanks Anita.
 

Anita, thank you so much for the additional information.

"Santi and Flo have a heart to heart talk about Raquel over the kitchen table. Flo tells him to forget Raquel (because she has a vested interest in that happening)." Color me confused. He is acting as though this young babysitter is a trusted confidante. How did their relationship evolve to such a level? He's got friends. Let him talk to Nacho and Augustin.

"He looks at her with loving sympathy and reaches out to touch her cheek". I have a confession. I've liked Nando and Cin together since the first time they met. They have both made mistakes for which they've paid dearly. I always felt Cin was a troubled soul...

I won't say anything now but after last night, I have my doubts if one or two principals are going to make it to the end.

Diana
 

Gracias, Juju. Recapping under these conditions is sometimes not fun. I'm still wondering where to begin and end this Monday.

Diana, have you seen the two other novelas by this producer? Both had multiple loose ends in the finales and one of the villains in the second one got away with his evil deeds. I am preparing myself for at least one other tragedy as we get to the end of this series. I am asking myself whether to post the Karmageddon discussion page today or to wait until next Friday.

Now in Pasado we're two years along. There was a longish period of separation between the two families. Santiago is on his way financially, but I'm anticipating another setback shortly. Mia is worse than ever. Federico is still confused about himself. Damian is still pining for Carolina (who should have asked Santiago for a divorce ages ago). The party from hell will start the ball rolling all over again.

Vicente is clearly losing his mind. I hope someone stops Santiago before he chokes him because Vicente may know something. The question is whether he remembers it correctly and whether anyone will believe him because he's an alcoholic.
 

Anita, thanks for the extras. Alina is wasting her time trying to stroke Santi's hand now that boo-hoo! the sexcapades with Nico are over. Santi sees right through her. But if he thinks Raq dumped him and he gets drunk, who knows...

Diana, ITA Santi having a talk with young baby sitter Flo about his wife is plain wrong. He is being stupid here.
 

I'm really late but thank you Juju and Anita!!!

This episode was such a chop shop I could barely keep up with what was going on and where we were going.

I too fear that either Santi or Raq won't make it to the end. I can't bare anymore tragedy for these kids---especially Nico and Lola.

Also, even though Dam is coming around, I don't see him making it. I think he may come around long enough to give some info but I think he still dies. Whether that is from complications or the murderer comes back to finish the job--if it isn't Mia--who is still my number one.

I'm confused about Cyn and Andres. I saw a scene were he was pushing drugs on her but not the after. So she took the drugs? Did Andres rape her? I missed all of that. Did I see Raq overheard her convo with Nando? I hate to think that Andres is turning Raq against Cin when she so desperately needs support.

Mia is so psycho. One minute she turns on her father, then her mother, then her brother...then a million other people... and now she thinks they are all going to be a happy family? That Raq should just forgive? I hope Mia is the one that dies because unless she gets serious, serious, years of therapy help, she will continue to ruin everyone's lives day by day.
 

Urban, I have not seen any of Gizselle's previous work but I am very sorry I didn't see Yo no creo en los hombres (can't imagine why I didn't unless it was on at 10)...

Thank you for the heads up. I have to say after everything that has transpired here, I wouldn't be surprised at much. I want to leave a little wiggle room as I've been surprised at least once every episode. Most unhappy ones too.

I thought the actor playing Vincente was excellent last night. I totally believed he was deranged. No imagination necessary.

Niecie, very interesting that you note (wisely) that although Santi sees through Alina, if he loses Raq and in a drunken state...I have thought the same thing. But with Flor. Shudder.

Carvivlie, from earlier postings, yes, I believe Andres raped Cin. I don't think it was clear as to whether she took the drugs. I don't know if Raq overheard her conversation with Nando.

I think most (all?) of the patio thinks Mia is irredeemable.

Diana
 

So far I have nothing against Flor. She may be too young for Santi but she seems to calm him and doesn't have the baggage that Raq brings. He could start a new life with her and put the past behind him.
 

Carvivlie, yes, Flor doesn't have the baggage that Santi does. And I do think a fresh start would be good for him. And his family.

I don't like that Flor willingly kissed Santi when he was drunk with his wife literally outside the door. Having a crush is one thing - acting on is something entirely different.

I hope Santi ends up happy - if he makes it to the end.

Diana
 

Does anyone know whether last night was a chop-shop job? I can't tell, but when I put up the header, it would be nice to know if this is Episode #82 stand alone, or #82/83.

The episode broadcast ends with Mia leaning over Damian and his saying very clearly, "Carolina." Thanks for any help.

Carvivlie--Yes the rape scene was cut from the broadcast. Urban described it for us in Tuesday's episode's comment section and I added it at the proper moment in Jardinera's recap in #79.

What isn't clear to me, though is whether she actually took the drugs. I, for one, think not.
 

Thanks Anita. I'll have to go back and read that recap.
 

Andres definitely needs to die now. He keeps abusing those that are unable to fight back. I wish Cyn would press charges but her prior drug use may scuttle the case. Did she tell Nando Andres raped her?
 

Anita, I thought last night was definitely chopped. Speculation only.

All I can add to the last scene is Mia scrunching her face up in an ugly expression and scathingly repeating "Carolina" as though it were the most incredulous thing she'd ever heard. She looked fit to be tied.

Stupidly, I thought Damian was waking up remembering a time before the affair.

Diana
 

Cin didn't take the drugs but she was fighting temptation. She won this time. However, she is still a weak link.

Andres is looking to strip Raquel of any support she has in the delusional belief that she will then turn to him. To accomplish this he would also have to turn Federico against her and I doubt he can do that. Miriam failed at this already -- more than once -- and Fede now suspects Andres of embezzlement and more although I don't think he knows much in the way of detail.
 

Ok, folks, I'm getting ready to type up the recap. I'll call it #82/83 to be on the safe side.

Diana--your description of Mia at the end will be incorporated in the recap. I was fishing for how to say it, but you said it perfectly.

Urban--you are so right about why Andres wants to separate Raq and Santi.

And why oh why did they have to introduce Saldivar so close to the end. All we got was that one glimpse of Santi paying off the bald guy and nothing else. Now are we made to believe that Santi doesn't have clean hands?

Maybe those two WERE supposed to get rid of Damian, but Santi didn't know Caro was going to be in the car with him. Still the perp would need someone within the family circle to know that Damian was even going to go on a trip--Jovita, Raquel, Mia, Fede, Andres and Azucena, maybe Miriam and Rueda and if Lola is still working at Legato, she might know, in which case, Flo, Santi, Nico and maybe Alina, Nacho and Agustin. I guess that's just about everybody, eh?
 

As of now, unless Fede is looking at the catering biz books, he won't know about the money laundering. I wonder if the reason the writers have Fede seeing that girl that works in the factory is because she can give him info to bring down Andres. Otherwise, I don't know why the writers spend time on that relationship and keep Fede's sexuality confused.
 

Fede knows Andres is up to no good with the accounting at Legato because he says Azucena showed him the books. What Fede does NOT know is about the money laundering at the catering business.

I don't think Santi would've paid anyone to kill Damian, he would've done it with his own bare hands.

Mia will never be happy if Raquel developed a relationship with anyone. While Fede might not be happy, he'd accept it eventually and keep it moving. Mia never will. Raquel will never have any peace until Damian and Mia are no longer there, whether that be through death, institutionalization or just leaving.

I don't think Vicente personally killed Carolina but I think he knows he could've stopped her death.

Univision is chopping up scenes people need to see, like Raquel confronting Alina or Carolina.

At least Laura wasn't on last night.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder