Saturday, June 02, 2018

Papa a Toda Madre, Capítulo 97 (Univision 94), Friday June 1, 2018; Kika Tries to Come to the Rescue, but is thwarted later



We open with Jorge on the phone with Samuel and Sammy whining about why he isn’t there on vacation with them. [Well Sammy, if your evil mother hadn’t hidden your siblings’ passports and identification documents, all of you would be there. But your dad did the right thing in staying behind. Stop whining.] Jorge asks him to give the phone to his mother because “these are adult things” we have to discuss and it’s “not your concern.” When he talks to Dulce, all she does is go on and on and nag about how he should be with them “the four of them, united as a family.” [This is crap Dulce! You didn’t care about that when you left Jorge for your criminal drug selling, human sex trafficking boyfriend!] This goes on for a minute or two when Jorge gets tired of her nag fest and hangs up on her. After hanging up, Jorge smiles at his twins and says, “Well, that’s that. I’m staying.”


Mau and Renée sit down to a cup of tea. Mau says, “I never realized how much it would affect you that Noel would leave here.” Renée says, “It’s just that I feel like all my life, I’ve been searching for the father I didn’t have and wondered why he didn’t want me.” Mauricio feels badly for her and says, “If there is anything I can do...” Renée says, “But you have your own problems right now.” They talk about Fabian’s quest to get Anifer for himself and sue for custody. Renée feels badly that all this is because of the man she found out is her brother.

In the morning, Jorge has a waffle breakfast ready for Baldo and Lili. They ask if he cooked and he says “No, I’m terrible in the kitchen. But there is a restaurant who makes them very well. Please sit down.” He goes on to say, “It’s your 18th birthday and I wanted to celebrate and do something special for you, because this is the only time you will be 18.” Lili thanks him. Jorge continues, “I want to do everything I can today to help you enjoy your birthday, since I wasn’t around for most of them.” Lili says, “I think you were there for one of them.” Baldo says, “Yes, I believe it was when we were 10 years old.” Jorge then says, “Well, I would like to compensate for all the birthdays that I have missed with you.” Baldo says, “This is not like we are little kids and you can just take us to the movies or the theater. Hey, this is what I want to talk about. What about my trust fund? Can you pay us back now?” Jorge says he will need more time to pay them back. Lili is okay with it as she says, “Okay, that’s fine. But can you give us part of it?” Jorge gets nervous and says, “Why in such a hurry?” Then he gets up toward the kitchen and say she forgot to get the honey. The twins just stare at him and Lili rolls her eyes.

Jorge explains that to him, they are just children and he doesn’t want them foolishly spending this money. He tells Lili that if she goes to live with Pablo, is she aware of how little they will have and probably be in poverty?” Baldo talks about going to Tijuana and crossing the border and having some fun. Jorge is serious and tells him that he needs to have some goals and objectives and go to school. Baldo is not interested and Lili says, “We have already decided what we want to do and you are not going to convince us to stay here.” Baldo gives the “We are 18 now and we can now do as we please!” routine. But Jorge says, “Okay, but please give me time to pay back your trust fund.” Baldo looks skeptical, shakes his head and says, “Well I hope this isn’t another one of your failures.” Jorge goes to try to serve the waffles, but Baldo is angry about not getting his money NOW! So he gets up and walks out. [In reality, this is the reason money should not be given to kids under 25. They just want to blow it and won’t use it for going to school. All Baldo wants to do is spend until there is nothing left.]

Renée is over at Fabian’s arguing with him. She tells him, “And even though you were in an accident and now in a wheelchair, it didn’t mean you turned into a better person. I don’t know why you don’t change!” Fabian says, “To the contrary, little sister. I changed enough to realize that I do need a family. But just with my daughter. No, not you, not my father either.” Renée tells him, “You can’t force a family.” “Well you can force fatherhood.” Says Fabian. He looks at Renée and says, “Answer me!” Then they get on the subject of where Noel is. Fabian accuses her of keeping him against his will. Renée just tells him, “He’s in a safe place and if you aren’t careful, Noel has a lot to say against you.”  But Fabian makes it clear he is not worried.

Renée tells Fabian that she thinks that he also was responsible for destroying his father’s life. He says, “I don’t care, that’s your problem. I am never going to forgive him or you. Everything changed because of you!” “Because of me?” says Renée? What in the world do you think I did?” Fabian says, “Well that’s what I want to know. After 30 years of being the Ice King, he changed at the exact moment you came into the picture. And in all my life, he has never give me 10% of the attention he has given to you.” [Is this sibling rivalry?] “And her I am, taking care of him, I never got anything.” Then Renée says, “Oh grow up!” [She should say it in a Joan Rivers voice.] “You are acting like a child.” Fabian says, “Yes with the same feelings and frustrations.” Renée says, “And this is how you want to take Anifer? You want to educate her and bring her up with all that hate you have inside? You know what? I sure how Maria wins the custody suit.” Then he makes threats that he is going also go after Mauricio for falsely filing that he is Ani’s father and will make sure that Mau goes to prison. [He must be deluded.]

Renée looks at Fabian and asks, “What is it that has you so bitter, resentful, and envious?” Fabian says, “It’s all about justice! The only thing that I want is for Anifer to be with her legitimate father, me!” [Boy Fabian, you sure have a funny way of showing your love for fatherhood. Look at the big lies YOU told to Mau so that he could take Ani.] Referring back to Noel, Fabian says that his father has a lot more to lose than he does. Much more.

Mau at his place is looking at a bunch of boxes of returned orders with Toño. He admits to Mau that he invested very little in the Cooperative.

Later, the guys from the Cooperative sit around wondering what they are going to do about their financial problems. Toño says that if Vero finds out, she will hang him out to dry. Jorge explains that all the money has been spent. Mau gets a phone call about all the orders being returned. The talk about what they are going to do with all the defective toys. Nerón says he can kick in something because the tire shop is doing well and he’s also driving for Transport City. So Mau accepts that and is happy.

Then they talk of their relationship problems. Mau says he and Renée are back together. Jorge says things aren’t good with Dulce and says it’s over between him and Kika and this is now history. But Mau has a good idea. He wants to ask Kika if she will invest in the Cooperative

Dulce whines to her children about how this was supposed to be a family vacation. Sammy says, “Well, at least the three of us are together.” Dulce says she is disappointed in their father. She says she is doing her part, but he is doing practically nothing. “I think he is just getting back at me because of that Peruvian.” Sammy says, “She’s Venezuelan, Mom.” Val says, “Well you did the same thing to Dad with Blanca Nieves. Maybe he is angry about that and wants to get even.” Sammy then says, “How could you say those things to our mother?” Dulce says, “I already paid for my mistakes.” [You did? How so?] “And I love your father.” [Really Dulce? I thought you were there for a meal ticket.] She goes on: “But remember that your father is no saint.” Val then says, “What are you talking about?” She doesn’t want to answer but instead sends them to wash up before they go out to dinner.

Rafa and Rod go over to the orphanage to get things started so that they can adopt Brian and Manuela. But Brian is totally against the idea and says, “Get away from me! I don’t want to go with those queers!” [Univision bleeped out the “queers” part. He said a word that means queers in Spanish.] Manuela says she wants to go but Brian is adamant. He wants to stay in the orphanage rather than go live with Rod and Rafa even if Manuela goes by herself.

Renée goes over to talk with Maria and they both ask each other’s forgiveness. Maria says she is happy that Mau is happy with Renée. But then Renée lowers the bombshell on Maria concerning Fabian: Not only does Fabian want to sue her for custody, he also wants to send Mauricio to prison. Renée says they need to consult with Jorge for advice on this. Maria says, “You know what? In this city, everything is different. In San Crispin, if a child is alone, you do what you need to do to take care of the child. No one tries to judge you, nobody tries to make false accusations for trying to help. On the contrary, people are grateful for the help.” Renée says, “You’ve never been happy living in this city, have you?” Maria says, “I miss my town and I miss my people there. I tried to accustom myself here, but in truth, this city is not for me. I really miss my own community where I had my life.”

Jorge and Mau visit Kika at her hotel to talk about the Anitoys investment. Kika says that she did want to invest in the cooperative, but Jorge did not allow her to. Mau tried to make a stupid joke about “Are you ready to invest in a cooperative with your favorite exes?” [“All my exes live in Texas, that’s why I live in Tennessee.”] Jorge and Kika throw a few “punches” at each other calling one another a few choice names. Finally, Kika says yes and saves the day. She is rescuing the cooperative!

Jorge gets a birthday cake for Lili and Baldo. But Baldo has other plans and doesn’t want a piece of cake. Jorge tried to tell him he needs to be home by a certain time and who and where he is going to be. But Baldo says, “I’m 18 and I don’t need permission.” Lili just tells Jorge to let him go. So Baldo goes out.

Soon Pablo comes over and Jorge and the couple talk. Jorge gives his permission for Lili to come live with him. Then he invites Pablo to have some birthday cake with Lili

Later Renée tells Mau how worried she is about the entire situation and how Maria is talking about going back to her town. Renée is very worried about what a judge will do since Fabian is the biological father. [Oh come on now, would a judge really give custody to the sperm donor who lied about his identity to the mother?] Renée also asks Mau what he thinks about Maria moving back to San Crispin. But Mau says, “We will cross that bridge when we come to it.” Renée then asks, “Are you ready to live without your daughter?” He says, “Don’t ask me that. It just hurts too much. Then I know you are going to leave and I have stay here.” They start to kiss but the phone rings. It’s Noel calling Renée from a hotel room. He wants Renée to come over so she can talk to him in person. He just requests that she not bring Mauricio with her.


Baldo gets to the bar and is all excited that he can drink like a grown up. He says he is going to get drunk. There is a suspicious looking character keeping track of Baldo who appears to have bad intentions.

Renée arrives at the hotel to talk to Noel. He is sorry for taking her money and wanted to say it to her face. He says, “I’m not sure when, but I do plan to pay it back to you. I don’t want to cause you any more problems. It’s best that we live apart and if you come and see me every now and then, that is sufficient for me.” Renée says, “Look Noel, I don’t have a lot of time to talk. But one thing I really want to know is why you are hiding from Mauricio.” Noel says, “Well, that isn’t easy to explain. Things go way back to bad problems, especially business problems.” Renée says, “No I don’t understand. What in the world was so bad that you had to disappear from life and play dead for the past 20 years?” Noel says, “Well in truth, I really did want to die. My life ended when my wife died.” Renée answers, “But you had Fabian.” Then she mentions something she read that Noel wrote. He asks, “What did you read?” Renée explains that a lot of it did not make sense as it didn’t connect with other things he wrote. Noel claims he was mostly drunk during the day and not everything he wrote would be true. Renée asks, “So do you think you were a good father for Fabian?” Noel says “No, I’m not going to lie to you. I wasn’t the sort of father that a child should have deserved.”  Renée continues, “I need you to help me to stop Fabian from committing a crazy thing.” Noel asks, “Has he done anything to you?” Renée says, “No, not directly. But it hurts as though he did do it to me. Fabian wants to take custody of Anifer from her mother and throw Mauricio in prison.” Noel just says, “I have to think about what we can do and I’ll let you know. I just want to know that you will continue to see me.” Renée says “Good night and I’ll leave you to rest now. Just call me if you need to see me.” As she leaves, Noel tells Renée how much he values her and appreciates all that she does for him.

Fabian meets with his lawyer and tells him that cannot leave anything out that might be random. Garcia tells Fabian that Maria won’t lose custody until there is DNA proof that he is the father. But Fabian is not worried, he tells Garcia just to go through with the plans. But Garcia is a little reticent about it all and tells Fabian that this is very risky. But Fabian says, “Everything in life is risky. It’s what life is all about, the risk.”

At home, Jorge watches the news on TV about how more youths between 12-18 are consuming drugs now. He turns off the TV then tries to call Baldo. Lili gets up and says she is a little hungry. But Jorge is worried that Baldo isn’t home yet. He said he would be home at midnight.

Kika and her friend are at the same bar that Baldo is at. She and her friend are talking about men and how bad they are. As she takes a drink of her cocktail, she notices Baldo drinking too much. Pretty soon, Baldo is so drunk, he can barely stand up against the wall. The suspicious character come over to him and slips something in his pocket and tells him it will relieve his drunkenness. Then Kika comes over and says, “Baldo? Who are you with and what are you doing here? How are you?” Baldo looks at her and says, “I know you, don’t I? Or are you and angel that has come from heaven?” “No Baldo, it’s ME, Kika.” Then Baldo grabs Kika around the waist and puts her arm on his shoulder as though to dance with her. She says, “What are you doing, Baldo? Come on, you are not well.” 
But by this time, Jorge comes into the bar, gets the wrong impression when he sees Kika with Baldo. Then he accuses her of hitting on a young boy! Then Baldo falls on the floor laughing. Jorge grabs him up and he continues making accusations against Kika as though she was a female predator. Kika gets angry and tells Jorge that she was just trying to help Baldo and he does not appreciate her help. She calls him a “muérgano” and walks off. Jorge takes Baldo and you can hear Baldo exclaim, “Fin de communicado.” The other young people are laughing, but the suspicious character guy wants to know where they are going. Meanwhile, Kika is fuming about how she hates Jorge. “Oh what am I going to do now?”





Labels:


Comments:
Whoa Cynthia, you were up late again doing this! Your energy amazes me. You had me laughing with all your little asides in RED. I felt like we were in the same virtual family room watching the episode and talking back to the characters. And got a kick out of that old country song you threw in....

[“All my exes live in Texas, that’s why I live in Tennessee.”

Jorge's only good quality seems to be that he worries about his kids. With women, he's a lost cause.

As for the rest of the story, I feel like the writers are tired and just throwing up any old thing against the wall the see if it sticks. A few more ridiculous mysteries and problems to drag this out until the grand finale.

Well, we signed up for this. And we've got our Patio support group where we can grumble and vent...and laugh as well. So all good.

Thanks Ms. Cynthia. Happy that you continue to heal from your Bell's Palsy and recover your marvelous energy and zest for life. You go girl!
 

Wow Cynthia, a treat. Thank you. I Love the red.
My new hero Brian. One, yes only ONE person in this whole show who is in touch with reality.
 

Thank you, Cynthia. This was fantastic. I loved your commentary: “All my exes live in Texas” has me singing in this early morning read.

Surprise: Fabián being jealous of Renée.

Well, it looks like Dulce’s “limited” vacation plan backfired along with Jorge’s plan to celebrate the twins’ birthday.

Well, since it makes no sense, maybe we will get to see Mauricio sent to jail for no logical reason by Fabián.

Of course, Kika has to be misunderstood by blundering Jorge.

Oh well, that is how this one goes. Depending on how the next novela goes, I could be looking back at this one fondly real soon. You never know. . .
 

Kirby, beautiful photo. Is that a grackle?
 

Jorge is just absurdly stupid. I tend to write it off as just a TN, but I have reliable information that there are people running around loose in real life who are equally as stooopid. I avoid them at all cost in real life, and do not care to watch one on TV.

I can not see how Jorge being without the benefit of any brain activity adds anything to this show.

I CAN, however, enjoy watching Kika and waiting for a wardrobe malfunction. She must use gaffing tape.

I still don't see what Kika sees in ole stopped up George.

Valentina looked like she was having a root canal. Maybe D'ulcer will be eaten by a shark, I understand they can digest almost any kind of garbage.

Oh ! Mr. Coffee is calling
 

Jarifa, Thanks. Nope, common Blackbird. A Grackle has a bright yellow eye, but otherwise, a close call. Same iridescent black feathers and slightly down curved beak. I don't know if I have a Grackle. I think there is a red winged blackbird pic around somewhere.
 

Found him.
 

In flight.
 

That one is a great pic, Kirby. Thanks. Wow.
 

Kirby, great red winged blackbird photos. A couple years back a red winged blackbird dive bombed me and pecked me on the head at the zoo. It was such a weird sound (like my head was hollow) and feeling that it took a witness to tell me what had happened. LOL So funny. Guess I got too close to a nest. The Birds is one of my favorite movies which made it funnier.

Now I know about grackles having a yellow eye.

I always learn something on this blog.
 

When they are here, there are so many Grackles around, photographing one would be like getting a photo of a telephone pole, but when they come back, I will give it a try.
 

Kirby: I hope Kika tells Jorge "GOODBYE FELICIA"!
 

Thank you for your "recrap", Cynthia, and your snarky asides in red are the best!

In the screen shot of Kika/Mau/JorndogJorge, looks like her boobage is trying to escape. Wardrobe malfunction, indeed! If that doesn't bring JJ 'round, who knows what will!!!

Jorge = TSTL (Too Stoopid To Live)

Seriously, all these characters are TSTL with the exception of Flor, whose only "fail" has been not telling Neron --- "If you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it".


 

And Flor should have, (as all these others in this stooopid show) thought about that ring thing before that baby thing.

Not that I have any moral or religious qualms about what I dream about with Kika every time she is on, but it is a severe injustice to the children. So many give more thought to getting a drivers license than to creating life, and the responsibility for the next two decades.

OK, that's enough.


 

Cynthia thoa, thank you for that snappy recap of this telenovela grinding to a close.

KIrby, lovely photos. Thank you.

I give up on Jorge. Some pro in real life are their own worst enemies and throw anything good they have a way with both hands.

Grackles, my dad hated them . The other day , Hub and I watched them eating the grass seed that hub had just spread in the yard.

Jarifa, that is a scary story about the bird attack. I remember birds ,(maybe sparrows) diving at the farm cats.

Well, we checkout at 1100 today. Vacation is over, and we are back to making our own breakfast and afternoon tea. Goodbye, Ocean. I bought two magnets ...1) ",Happy as a seagull with a French fry," and " Stay calm and put your flip flops on. " I resisted buying a sign that read, ",I'm not bossy.....I just know what you should be doing."

WEll, off we go.

Have a good weekend , all.
 

Susanlynn - I want that sign. LOL
 

Flor's been hinting and telling Neron all the time she wanted to get married. She even told him it was her lifelong dream from when she was a young girl. It still didn't move Neron until he proposed when she officially left the home with Milady. I think her biggest fail was continuing the relationship with Neron while being aware that he just wasn't getting serious. A huge sign was in the first episode, when he was unsure of having a baby so late in his stage of life, but he still went along with it (or chance favored Flor, I cant remember which happened). If her lifelong dream was to get married, Flor shouldn't have gotten pregnant prior to the marriage. Neron got too comfortable with their informal relationship and he continued to do stupid disappointing things to her. She allowed Neron get away with what so many women would have just walked out on long ago.

I expect things to get much worse for Jorge soon. Dulce isn't going to give up.

Maia
 

,Happy as a seagull with a French fry

OK. It is written down, and also in a file of keepers on my backup hard drive.

Maia, I agree about Flor. And it makes little sense, given that she appears to have the personality and looks to pick and choose quite carefully for a mate.

My adage: People will treat you however you allow them to.

"I expect things to get much worse for Jorge soon. Dulce isn't going to give up." Me too...

She has already mated with him, so the male spider's days are numbered. Just as well, somebody should have taken Jorge out of the gene pool before he passed all his defects on to all those kids.

 

Cynthia, you've outdone yourself. Your recap was just exceptional. Screen shots were perfect.

You had me smiling all the way through - your savviness and humorous "indignation" was simply great.

"nag fest “Oh grow up!” [She should say it in a Joan Rivers voice.]" was my favorite of many.

Do we know who is shadowing Baldo? I wonder if he will find the drugs slipped into his pocket. This does not look good.

Judy, I agree Jorge cares and is concerned about his children. Other than that, there are no other redeeming qualities. To me. His thinking Kika was trying to come on to Baldo was absurd.

Jarifa, if it weren't so pathetic, I would rather enjoy the fact Noel actually seems to like Renee while he loathes Fabian. Poor Renee. What a hideous father and brother. Thankfully, she had a wonderful mother.

"Maybe D'ulcer will be eaten by a shark, I understand they can digest almost any kind of garbage" had me laughing out loud Kirby. Avatars amazing.

"Stay calm and put your flip flops on". Great advice susanlynn.

"Seriously, all these characters are TSTL with the exception of Flor". ITA doris.

I do think Neron will come to his senses. Flor and Milady deserve the full benefits of family.

I did like Jorge invited Pablo to sit down.

R&R have a hard road ahead. Not sure what it is that would soften Bryan up a bit.

Cynthia, sensational. Thank you.

Diana
 

"R&R have a hard road ahead. Not sure what it is that would soften Bryan up a bit."

Kika and her struggling (to escape that top) girls would have that little boy behaving like a good little puppy doggie in no time. The power of women............................woof

 

Now is TSTL Jorge going to find that little packet of coke on Baldo and blame Kika?
 

Thanks, Cynthia. Nodding in agreement with all your asides. And [All my exes live in Texas, that’s why I live in Tennessee.”] -- hilarious, the perfect song injection at the right moment.

Despite all, Kika still loves Jorge and he loves her, so I expect she'll wind up with this "prize" in the end and Dulce will scamper back to her hole.

Such a nasty mouth on little Brian. Niño, think. You've got a chance to stay with your sister and have a home of your very own. You could use your bullying ways for good cause you're tough enough to stand up to the kids who'd pick on you for having two daddies. And, don't forget, one of the daddies is a cool, police officer who knows his way around a gun and a speeding car.
 

Kirby - but of course! Writers trying to cram too much into ultimate capitolos. 🙄

In the meantime, I’m watching the original Sabrina movie on TV right now. Great movie! I even love the remake version.
 

Thank you everyone for your comments. Yes, I was up late last night and probably posted this around 2:00 a.m. my time. I was busy making chicken soup for my husband. He was on the road and got sick with a bad cold so I wanted to make sure he got some chicken soup when he got in late last night.

LOL...somehow that country song came to my mind when Mauricio said, "So do you want to invest with your exes?" All I could think of was "all my exes live in Texas.." It just made me laugh.

I see Jorge trying to do the right thing, but he is just really on the wrong track. Part of this is that he may be trying to talk himself out of loving Kika, that's why he accused her so wrongly. As for the packet of whatever that was that the mystery bad guy slipped in, I am not sure that Jorge will blame Kika for it. He knows that Kika does not use drugs.

I am banking on someone getting married at the end. We always get the weddings at the end. I vote for Neron and Flor. But they should have gotten married long before this. If this was my show, I'd have had them married already. I do want to see Renee and Mauricio have a wedding, but I am not sure that is going to happen with her going out of the country to work on her masters degree. I sure hope that Pablo and Lili get married. I love weddings! I want to see a wedding!
 

What a good wife you are Cynthia! in addition to being a wise and witty recapper. Homemade chicken soup is not only healing for the body, it's great balm for the heart to feel so cared for...as I'm sure your poor husband does. Colds are incredibly miserable. I always wonder why people say "just a cold" because they really do make you feel like the pits. Hopefully home and TLC will put him right.
 

Cynthia, thank you for another great recap and your insightful, fun comments.

This TN has me annoyed with almost everybody. Jorge is an idiot and his son is a moron. Kika should just train with Esmeralda for a while and then kick the crap out of ol' Jorge. And maybe Baldo, too. Nip his moronic tendencies in the bud.

Bryan's reaction to being adopted by R&R is somewhat realistic for a boy his age, especially as that orphanage seems a very decent place. Boys learn from other boys, and some of what they learn is very weird. But it's quite realistic that Bryan would not want to be adopted by R&R, at least at first. If they got to know each other over time, he could change his opinion, but there's not a lot of time left for this TN.

Some good suggestions from the patio for bringing the snotty kid around, "...one of the daddies is a cool, police officer who knows his way around a gun and a speeding car." And, "Kika and her struggling (to escape that top) girls would have that little boy behaving like a good little puppy doggie in no time." (Though I think Flor would be even better.)

I'm annoyed with Univisión for bleeping that word Bryan used. Don't they know we are all trying to improve our vocabulary?

I can see Manolita having no problem with R&R, she would just become a Daddies' Girl :-)

andy
 

Andy, I never understand the the censorship of certain vocabulary for the sensitive ears of the Univision audience. It should be shown as written and recorded. It is not 1955. Give me a break!
 

Cindy, Yes! A Nerón and Flor wedding at least.
 

Reminder: there's a preview tonight (Saturday) of La Bella Y Las Bestias. You'll have to check your local listings for the time.

Kat
https://5ftlatina.com/cohete-forums/watch-parties/la-bella-y-las-bestias-2/
 

Sorry, I should have said "Cynthia".

Remember "La bella y las bestias" preview is tonight at 9:00 Central after soccer.
 

Kat & Jarifa: thanks for the heads-up! On at 10 pm EDT.

Jarifa: yes! At the very least, Flor and Nerón.

Sometimes I think they might have better called this TN "Hot Women and their Idiot Partners".

andy
 

Home again.

Gee, my tv guide does not list B & B for tonight.

If that white dress did not convince Jorrible Jorge to return to kiki, I do not think anything will. He should just stay with duplicitous Dulce until the next time she gets bored and runs off with someone.
 

Hot Women and Their Idiot Partners. Hmmmm...sounds somewhat like those old Sabado Gigante shows that used to be on. Anyway, Hot Women are a staple on Univision. I remember the first time our son walked through the family room when the Weather Girl was on. His head swiveled so fast I was afraid he'd do himself damage.
 

Doris: I hope Dulce dies a painful death.
 

Our local Uni channel shows the B&B preview at 9:00 CDT, right after the fútbol game. I’m recording it to see if it can hook me. 🎣
 

Many a scantily clad leggy girl got her start on Sabado Gigante. I still miss Don Francisco and his show. Did anybody see the last show? When he retired, the show ended.
 

Oh Doris they had me with the garter.
 

Yes, the end of Sábado gigante was the end of an era.
 

Kirby, I still wonder why Flor chose Neron. I think I remember her saying that she didnt like dating men her age because they always had the wrong impression of her and didn't treat her right. However, I agree that people treat you the way you let yourself be treated. She let Neron get away with a lot. In some way I think that maybe Neron wasn't actually planning on getting serious with her in the first place, but Flor led the relationship and he got emotionally attached to her. At least thats kind of what his actions seem to imply.

Don Francisco moved on to telemundo. His show is "Don Francisco te invita." I remember that the reason he retired from univision was because the channel forced him to. They cancelled "Don Francisco presenta" three years prior to sabado gigante. But he moved onto the competition. I watched sabado gigante as a kid. It definitely felt like an era ended when that show ended.

Maia
 

Perhaps, Flor saw Neuron as a father figure.
 

It looks like they are going to close out PATM with a 2 hour show next Monday the 11th.

Did anybody watch the "preview" of La bella y las bestias?

andy
 

Andy, I watched a bit of the preview, but I had no idea what was happening. I thought the way it was filmed seemed different from most OF the telenovelas that I have watched. What did you think of it?I

Just watched an old movie "The Summer Place." Such a different time.
 

Andy, yes, I watched the ByB preview.

It was stomach churning and grim.

Susanlynn, I had a very difficult time trying to figure it out, but sadly the gist of what transpired was apparent in the last few scenes.

I watch TNs for romance and also humor. It appears both ingredients will not be present here.

I am curious to see what both of you thought as well as anyone else who watched.

Diana
 

I think I agree with Diana, but I didn't want to prejudice anybody, and I think the beginning is probably the worst. The trailers have told us the broad outline of the story, bad guys kill Esmeralda's loved ones, the bad guys are too rich and powerful for the police to bring down, Esmeralda becomes super-ninja and goes after the bad guys herself.

To make palatable her going outside the law and committing violence the bad guys have to be really bad bad guys, deserving of being beaten up or killed by Super Esmeralda. The rest of the story might well be a mix of sexy, alluring Esmeralda being a honey trap to set up said bad guys one by one and the ninja stuff. Watching her in wigs and slinky dresses and, yeah, a garter for Kirby, might be fun. I'm not sure about the rest of it.

I will set up the DVR to record nightly but will probably FFWD through most, stopping only at garters and lingerie.

But who knows? These TNs are so unpredictable, for better or for worse.

:-)

andy
 

Oh Diana, I think the glory days of night=time telenovelas on Univision is over. Remember when we could count on good shows at 7, 8 and 9? And a nice little CarayCaray patio for all three. Now it's Rosa de Guadalupe and Brazilian Biblicals, then onto narco stories. I didn't see the preview but Andy's reasoning makes sense. People with DVR's can record Corazon que Miente which is on at 11 am but I know that is not an option for you. I'm hopeful just because there is a priest in that one! played by Alexis Ayala. At least that is what I understand.

I'd be happy if they'd just bring back Amor Real, Alborada and Pasion and run them at night. I could watch those over and over. Especially the first two.
 

Good Afternoon, Patio Peeps! I finally have some time to actually write a comment. I've been here for a few minutes at a time to enjoy the comments. Cynthia, great recap, commentary and screen shots...thank you!

I do hope that we see a wedding, but I'm not sure it'll be Neron and FLor. I would really like to see that, but Neron has been dead set against it...Neron, prove me wrong! I don't think it'll be Pablo and Lili because they have already said that they just want to live together. Renee and Mau...meeehh... whether they do or not is trivial to me already.

Kika has been such a good girl that she'll probably end up getting who she wants--Jorge....another meehhh

I have seen that the finale is scheduled for 2 hours. Different sources have this TN at 102-103 episodes. It'll run for 103 episodes if they split up the 2-hour finale into two parts. The finale is actually 2 hrs 19 min long. If they do split the finale and the last part will actually be scheduled for two hours, I anticipate we will see LOTS of commercials and/or previews. The only other way that the complete finale will be aired on Monday is if there is a pre-emption some time during this week, but I don't see any pre-emptions scheduled. SO did I confuse you more???

OT- B&B...Andy, I watched only part of B&B because I completely forgot about it until a friend reminded me. What I saw was pretty interesting. I don't know names yet, but the main guy who wants to kill off Isabela's (Esmeralda) parents has at least one son. He is the one that got beat up for trying to tip off Isabela's family that they were in danger...though he tipped off to the wrong guy. I'm wondering if he will fall hopelessly in love with Isabela. If this is the first episode, they'll show it again on June 12th so I will watch it all and can give you more details.




 

If anyone is still missing MMTF like I am, Mi marido tiene familia #2 has a new name : Mi marido tiene más familia. It starts in Mexico on July 9 so I am hoping it will follow La bella y las bestias and will be a fall offering like last year. Susana González, Arath De la Torre, Carlos Bracho and Carmen Salinas will join the cast and what a cast that will be! : ) Hoping for a good run with that one.
 

Thanks for the update Jarifa. I am so longing for the 2nd season of MMTF because the first was so good. I absolutely LOVED that TN. When it comes out, I will definitely be volunteering for recapping that one if you'll have me.
 

Andy... "Stopping only at the garters and lingerie ," ha. You have to respect an honest man.

Judy..I so agree about those three tns...especially the first two !!!

Oh well, I am now enjoying Downton Abbey on PBS having missed it when it was first shown.
 

Cynthia, anyone would want to work with you on a recapping team. I look forward to working with you again on that one. : ) I was impressed with the new additions to the cast. I like them all.
 

I watched the B&B preview beginning to end and really liked it. I can't put my finger on it, unless it seems more realistic to me, but the Columbian TNs have been some of my all time favorites. Backward, La Piloto, Rosario Tejeras (Both versions) La Viuda de la Mafia, to name a few, were, I think, all Columbian, and I can't forget them.

So I will watch at first, until I can't stop or until I can. :-) I am going to have to work on seeing little Jail Bait high school (looking) Esmeralda as a ninja ass kicker killing and beating up fellows my size.

And I haven't seen anybody yet that I didn't prefer as a blonde. Woof.
 

Judy, I echo all of your sentiments exactly amiga. Yes, I remember "those" days well.

Gone are the days of having excellent choices of romantic, enchanting stories. So many times I wanted to watch everything offered, and couldn't manage it although I did watch several at once. Once upon a time.

I rue I was never able to see Alborada (Amor Real only handfuls of episodes in reruns). Truly Colunga was born to play those roles. I wonder if we will ever see him again?

Jarifa, I loved Mi Familia and Susana Gonzales will make up for not seeing the original cast. Zuria and Daniel had amazing chemistry...

Diana

 

Well, in the meantime, if any of you have Amazon Prime, you can watchHow to be a Latin Lover with Eugenio Derbez for free and it's very funny. But better yet, the Spanish is clear as a bell. If Renee, or Flor for that matter, spoke as clearly as Salma Hayek in that one, we'd have no need of closed captions, believe me. But sounds like it's going to be a long wait until we have a happy story again. Oh well. Clearly we've got a team of crack recappers ready to dive into Mi Marido Tiene Más Familia (hate abbreviations)
 

Diana, the original cast of MMTF is not going anywhere. Susana González and crew are in addition to the original cast. : )
 

I think Susana Gonzalez will be a nice addition to the cast. I haven't seen her since "La Candidata".
 

Oh Jarifa, that's great!! I'm so pleased - what a strong cast.

Susana is my absolute favorite.

Diana
 

S G was in Pasion y Poder and was dreamy as usual. I will still be in love with her when she is 80
 

JudyB - we have ama$on Prime, so thank you for the tip on HTBaLL. I’ll have a look.
 

Diana, I also love Carlos Bracho and just realized he is married to Diana Bracho.

JudyB, I am also not a fan of the abbreviations but use them because everybody does. I do admit that sometimes I have not known what show people are talking about since my novela exposure is limited.
 

Jarifa, me too, as I have watched on and off for a long time, but I actually have things to do which do not involve sitting on my arse in front of the TV. Like almost every-thing.

So when these die hard TN aficionados talk about Juan Salazar Benito Gabriel Carzano in LWGBTPFB, with Edith Guiterrez Montoya Chavez, I am lost as a goose too.

I have tried to set aside an hour per day when the weather permits, to watch TV, and when the days get longer that is stretching it sometimes. But then, I'm kinda hyper.
 

Doris, it's not sophisticated humor.Sometimes guy humor which for us seems crude. But honestly I laughed out loud a number of times, and as I said, it's wonderful to hear such clear, enunciated Spanish. Made me feel I hadn't totally lost my comprehension....something I often feel when Renee starts rattling away.
 

And glad to know others are flummoxed by those streams of letters...I just look, am usually baffled and say to hell with it.
 

Judy, sometimes , I have to check the sidebar of caray to figure out the letters.

I guess that I will B&B a chance, but I really do not care for the kicking and punching stuff.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder