Monday, March 11, 2019

TELEMUNDO Y MÁS (#1): Betty en NY, La Reina del Sur 1, y más: Week of March 11, 2019

Welcome to Page 1 (Monday edition) of the Telemundo y Más page, issued twice a week:  Mondays and Thursdays at 8:00 PM.

Here are the current evening telenovelas (all times are Eastern Standard Time):
  • 9-10PM - Betty en NY
  • 10-11PM - La Reina del Sur, Season 1
The second season of La Reina del Sur will begin on April 22.  Telemundo is again showing the first season but somewhat shortened.

Everyone is welcome to join in the conversation.  Since discussions of all the Telemundo novelas share the same page, please remember to put the name of the telenovela you're referring to at the top of your post so readers can easily find the conversation they're looking for.

By common agreement, this group DOES NOT discuss previews, trailers, or any other plot information not found in a current or past episode of the current production.  Spoilers WILL be removed by the admin.  This includes references to earlier productions of the story, and even the original novel.  Thanks for your cooperation!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
reina-sur

I'm a couple of episodes behind, but last night I watched Teresa's first meeting with Fátima, her arrival in Melilla, and meeting Dris Larbi. All of it was just as fascinating as the first time. Fátima was convinced that Teresa's Mexican accent would be a big hit with the "clients".

I had forgotten that Willy lost his job over letting Teresa leave, but what else could he do. Legally she had the right, holding a US passport, to ask for an attorney. This would have revealed Willy's less than savory behavior in trying to bring down Epifanio Vargas.
 

reina-sur

I too am enjoying watching this again. At times, I confess, it feels to me a bit rushed; the pacing of the original was a bit more relaxed, and the story somewhat more fleshed out. Most of the time, I think telenovelas would benefit from this kind of abridgement, and even here, at times I welcome it. But more often, I find myself feeling as if it's flipping through the scenes, so we know what happens but we don't feel and understand it as fully as in the original. I dunno. I can't cite a specific instance, and I'm enjoying it a LOT, so.... Of course, the original was only 3 months long, IIRC, so it was already leaner and better edited than most; it doesn't benefit from abridgement as much as many other novelas would. On the whole, I think they've done a skillful job.

I might just add that I watched the original on a TV that didn't have high definition. I'm now seeing the abridged version in HD. Wow!
 

OT
Just stopping in to say hi. In case you hadn't seen the promo (on Uni) and are interested in their Premios TVyNovelas, it will be on on Sunday night from 8-10 on Univision. The original has already been broadcast in Mexico and our most recent tn, Amar a Muerte, walked off with 14 of 15 of the Premios, including best telenovela and the best of just about everything important!

RGV Chick is testing a few changes to the front page. Are either of you interested in being included in the chatter among the current recappers and dedicated commenters? If so, I'll let her know. You are already on the list of posters, so it's not a big deal to make sure you are added.

Suerte con Reina-Sur
 

OT

Hi Anita. Yes, I'd be interested in the "chatter" about changes to the front page or to any other aspects of CarayCaray. Thanks for offering to add me.

Juanita
 

OT

Thanks for thinking of us, Anita. Yes, I'd also love to see/hear the "chatter".
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder