Monday, November 11, 2019

Cuna de Lobos, Capitulo 16 Lunes 11/11/19: Confrontations


Confrontations are sometimes best avoided. Unfortunately, they also tend to be inconvenient, and with unpredictable outcomes.. – D.D.

José Carlos walked out of the delivery room and removed his gloves. He was greeted in her usual insulting manner by Catalina, who said, “You are too weak. You have nothing to do with anything here.”
You should be thinking about Leonora,” he replied.
Leonora is Alejandro's wife.”
Yes, and where is your son?”
You are pathetic. You really want Leonora. Or are you doing this just to annoy us?”
Do you really think I'm doing this in order to win the inheritance? The reason I'm staying close to her her is to protect her from you.”
Now I understand it all. Leonora is the motive for your rehabilitation.”
Yes,” he said, looking her straight in the eye. “You know what else? I am in love with her.”
Oh. There's nothing more ridiculous that to be in love with your brother's wife.”
One day, when Alejandro abandons her – and that will happen – I will be there by her and for her and neither you nor anyone else can stop me.”
That's if your adored one continues to survive.”
He glared at her as Francisco arrived and stood behind her. He was shocked at José Carlos' expression. He then looked at Catalina as she walked away.

Alejandro walked back to his car while talking to Miguel. He talked about the two of them going to Ibiza; it was clear that the pressure of his situation was overwhelming him. Miguel looked him in the eyes and saw he was breathing heavily.
Yes, but think about what is correct. Right now the right thing to do is to be at Leonora's side.”
Yes,” he nodded
And when this is past I'll be here waiting for you. Hey, everything will be alright. I love you.”
They kissed each other on the cheek and embraced.

In the hospital Leonora was sedated and the medical team performed a Caesarian section. They sucked out blood from the womb and prepared to take out the baby. José Carlos waited outside and kept a weather eye on his stepmother and uncle, who looked back at him, respectively with hatred and confusion. The medical team took out the baby, who began to cry right away. One of the monitors alerted them to a drop in blood pressure because of excess bleeding.
José Carlos paced toward the desk, as though he could sense that there was something wrong. At the same moment Leonora was going into cardiac arrest. One of the team began doing chest compressions. A nurse told the desk that there was an emergency.
José Carlos ran back to the operating room as soon as he heard this. The nurse followed him.
What happened?” asked Francisco. He and Catalina walked toward the operating room but were stopped by the nurse.
José Carlos put on his mask and entered the operating room just as the defibrillator paddles were applied to Leonora. The doctor applied them four times and an assistant injected her with something just as a nurse finished bathing the baby.
She wrapped him in blue sheeting and handed him to José Carlos. The defibrillator was used again.
Catalina went up to the desk.
I need to know about my grandson,” she insisted.
Give me a minute,” said the charge nurse.
Now! Something is happening in there!”
Francisco tried to calmly ask a question, the charge nurse tried to explain that they could not interrupt, and Alejandro ran in.
What happened?”
Where were you?” Catalina tried to keep her irritation in check. “Your place is here with your wife.”
Please, the important thing is how is she?” Alejandro asked.
It's bad. The delivery is complicated and nobody has told us whether the baby is born. We don't know anything else.”
Francisco watched this exchange with a curious eye.
My son?”
Catalina shook her head. Alejandro looked up at the sound of a baby crying.
A nurse pushed the incubator that held the baby. José Carlos followed. He looked calm.
Alejandro and Catalina approached.
Leonora, how is she?” Alejandro asked.
She is out of danger,” José Carlos said, smiling. He looked at the baby. “They're both out of danger.”
Catalina half-smiled at her grandson. Francisco and Alejandro were speechless.

Leonora woke from the sedation to find José Carlos leaning against the edge of her bed. He looked up ashe heard her awaken.
How are you? How do you feel?”
My baby?”
It's over, the worst has passed. The baby is very well.”
And Alejandro?”
José Carlos looked away for barely a second. “Alejandro was here the whole time. He was very worried about you and the baby.”
Can I see my baby? I want to meet him.”
José Carlos got up as the nurse came in carrying the newborn. Alejandro entered behind her. He looked afraid. Leonora looked ecstatic as she embraced her son. Unseen by his brother, José Carlos smiled as though he were the father.
It 's good that you are both well,” said Alejandro. He looked very awkward.
Our baby!” said Leonora. “Our son!”
José Carlos stepped aside as Alejandro went to the bed to look at his son and kiss his wfe. The baby was sleeping quietly.
Congratulations,” José Carlos said. “You are a very strong mother.”
Alejandro looked back at him with a curious expression. Leonora thanked him. Realizing the awkwardness of the situation he excused himself and left them alone.
Alejandro looked at the baby and stroked Leonora's hair.
You will need to rest. It was a difficult delivery.”
I missed you very much.”
I know. Forgive me.” She looked up and he noticed an accusatory look on her face. “You need to rest because our son will need you.”
Yes,” she said, studying his face. “He will need us. We're his father and mother.”
Alejandro nodded mechanically. He felt trapped.
Catalina and Francisco had gone out and returned with a plush animal and a gift box. She looked at the baby almost in awe and asked “May I”
Leonora was a little reluctant as she said “Of course” and allowed Alejandro to pick up their son. He gently handed him to Catalina, who looked at him and said “He's a Larios. The second heir of Carlos Larios.”

Later Leonora held up her smartphone to videocall Luis and show him the baby.
Matias sat on his father's lap and got excited at the sight of the baby. Leonora said she missed Luis very much; she had not seen him in a few months. José Carlos then entered the room with gifts. A bunch of white and pastel flowers for Leonora and a soccer ball for the baby. She showed him whom she was talking to and the men exchanged greetings. Luis needed to end the call. José Carlos asked about Alejandro.
Her mood changed.
He had to be at Gothier for an important meeting. I tried to ask him to stay but –” She started crying.
Be calm. I'm here,” he said. “I will be here with you. I won't leave you alone.” He stroked her hair.
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid.”
That's normal. It happens to a lot of women after having a baby. Even the most sensible ones. It's called post-partum depression.”
Really?”
Yes, of course, Patient,” he said, jokingly.
You've been reading this on the internet.”
Obviously.”
His cell rang ad he looked at the screen. She suggested he mght want to step out to answer. He stepped toward the door and answered.
Yes?”
Don't say my name, José Carlos,” said Diego, who was calling from his car. “It's Diego.”
He stepped out of the room.
Where have you been?”
Avoiding the police.”
Of course. And Catalina.”
But nobody is going to grab me. I will get her in due time but first I will give you a gift about your stepmother.”
Hey, I don't know what you're thinking, but don't count on me.”
Ihave the necessary proof to get Catalina arrested. The numbers, the contacts in Sierra Leone. The names of her accomplices, and all the information, all the accounts kept by Francisco. I have absolutely everything.”
You have proof of everything you're saying?”
Yes, if you want them.”
Why are you trusting me?”
Because you hate Catalina as much as I do.”
I hate her, but you were the most loyal of her employees.”
Yes, but now I want to destroy her. I have everything to do that. Let's meet and talk about it.”
The call ended and José Carlos was thinking about this.

Francisco watched over Ámbar as she laid in her hospital bed in their home. He picked up the remote, turned on the news, and there was a story about the discovery of Sabrina's body.
It had been found and the missing diamonds found in it. He went into the next room and called Catalina, speaking almost in a whisper in case Ámbar was able to hear.
Have you seen the news?”
No. Why?” she said.
Put on the news,” he said.
She turned on the same network in time to hear that Sabrina's body had been found in a canal and that the diamonds found in it had an estimated value of millions of pesos. [Note: One million pesos is currently equal to about $52,320 US] This seemed to rule her out as another victim of femicide.
Did you get that?” asked Francisco.
Yes, I did.”
Then you understand the problems we're going to have with this shipment.”
That will not happen,” she said.
Not now.”
No. I tell you it won't happen. Commandante Vega will hand over all evidence about this.”
The press will be very interested in this. It's a very valuable shipment.”
The press investigation won't be legitimate.”

Diego had prepared his hiding place but had not counted on being found by the federal police. As he was about to walk out they charged in, blocking his planned exit. Vega called out that they could do this the easy way or the hard way. He told one of his men to cover him as he entered the dilapidated apartment.
Diego had exited at the other end and called José Carlos. They arranged to meet at Diego's previous apartment in two hours. He ended the call, exited the building, and didn't see Commandante Vega, who put his pistol in his back.
Don't move. Drop the weapon.”
Diego obeyed. He had no choice.

Catalina was walking away in one of her designer black dresses carrying the baby boy.
Leonora tried to follow, pulling the IV stand with her. She cried out but was not heard.
Leonora awakened to find the glass bassinet empty beside her.
She sat up in bed and called for the nurse. When she tried to get out of bed she was in pain from the surgery. She managed to get to the door with the IV stand and call for the nurse, who ran over to try to get her to go back into her bed. She appeared not to listen to Leonora demanding to know where her baby was.
Catalina and Francisco appeared; she was carrying the baby in her arms. She wore the same dress from Leonora's nightmare.  She smiled as she talked about how the baby looked exactly like Alejandro. Her smile disappeared when she saw Leonora in the corridor.
What are you doing out of your room? What happened?”
The nurse told Catalina that Leonora could not find her baby. Leonora took the baby back.
He was crying and she was asleep. I didn't want to wake her.”
He was not crying,” Leonora said. “If he had been I would have awakened.”
I just told you he was crying. Wasn't he?” she looked at Francisco. “I wasn't going to let him cry.”
The nurse offered to help Leonora, who declined.
Don't be stubborn,” Catalina said. “She's telling you you're weak. Let them take charge of the baby.”
Let me help,” Francisco offered.
She's a bit exhausted,” said the nurse. “You need to be a little patient, please.”
Isn't this dangerous for the baby?” Catalina almost shouted at the nurse. “In this condition she can't take care of him. She is not well.”
Leonora – true to her name – turned around and looked at directly at Catalina.
You are not allowed to see the baby without my permission.”
She went back into her room with the nurse following behind. Catalina looked stunned. She may have been wondering whether this was a declaration of war.

Alejandro was headed for a confrontation of his own. Alvaro, who had been terminated and should have been off the premises the day before, was waiting for him on the main floor at Gothier.
What are you doing here?”
Yesterday you asked your mother to fire me,” he said, loud enough to be heard all over the office. Several assistants and secretaries came to the room to investigate.
“I didn't talk to my mother.  She terminated you for her own personal reasons.”
She didn't want me near her son. One has to maintain appearances now that you're a father.” then he began shouting. “You couldn't say this up front. You had to have your mama do it.”
Lower your voice.” He stepped closer and lowered his own. “I told you that between you and me there is nothing. You imagined things that did not exist.”
Excuse me?” Alvaro said, condescendingly. Two security men arrived.
Excuse me, is there a problem, Señor Larios?”
Alejandro stepped closer to Alvaro.
Don't ever come near this office again. Nor talk to my family or Leonora. To me you are dead.”
He shoved him back. The security men then grabbed Alvaro.
Don't ever let him in here again.”
Yes, sir.”
Be careful, Alejandro,” Alvaro yelled.

Luis watched Matias play with his grandparents' dog. Margarita, his ex-wife, asked when they could come back home because Matias needed his friends. Luis told her that this could not happen yet. When he saw Leonora and her baby during the call he thougth about the day when Matias was first put in his arms and he swore to protect him forever. He knew he would not be able to do this if they returned to Mexico City.
I always knew you were a good father,” she said.
Sometimes I think I'm not.”
You are his superhero,” she said. “It doesn't matter that you can't fly through the air. It's not important that you can't invent things. In all his fantasies,you are. Luis, tell me what is happening.”
I'm very afraid.”
Of what? Please, tell me what is going on.”
I can't.”
Alright, alright. Don't tell me. It's clear to me that you want to protect us. It's odd that we can't talk about it but I don't like seeing you this way. You have to fight for your convictions. It's not important what we know. Don't be afraid. You never are. Do it.”
He kissed her forehead, confident that she finally understood him.

Ámbar opened her eyes just as Francisco arrived home. Dora ran to tell him. He hurried to her bedside and knelt next to the bed. She was nearly unintelligible until she began to say “It was her. It was her!” He sent Dora out of the room to call the doctor and then turned Ámbar's head so she could see him. “You're back, you're back. I'm here,” he said.
No, no,” then she began to make animal sounds. Francisco was frightened.
The doctor explained that this was a common reaction.
Ámbar is probably recalling her last memory, like her brain was on 'pause.'”
But she's conscious and talking. She's trying to communicate. She can move.”
She woke up, but it's a long road to recovery yet. I can do some tests to make sure that there is no injury to her brain or how serious it is.”
What can we expect, Doctor?”
It's too soon to tell you.”
Do what you bave to do, Doctor. Ámbar wants to come back!”
It's better to assume that Ámbar will not recover completely.”
No; that can't be. No.”

Leonora laid in her hospital bed,, still attached to monitors. She held her son and was bonding with him when Alejandro arrived.
He noticed the table of gifts and asked who brought the flowers.
José Carlos,” she answered. Alejandro walked up to the bed. “I don't like what your mother did.”
What did she do?”
She took our son out of his bed without asking me.”
Calm down.”
No. She claimed he was crying and it wasn't true. She then implied that I couldn't take care of my own son.”
Are you sure that was her intention?”
Oh, give me a break!”
Leonora, you just had given birth. It only makes sense that my mother would want to help you.”
Yes, but not by taking our baby without asking me.”
She's his grandmother. She has every right. Why don't you let her help you? Besides, you will need help with Edgar.”
Of course not. I can take care of him.”
Aren't you being a little selfish? To try to do this alone?”
No, not alone. With you.”
I'm here.”
You know what I'm referring to. I feel alone, Alejandro. I need to have you with me.”
Alejandro's cell began ringing. He had left it on the gift table. He picked it up and looked at the screen.
I'm serious.”
I have to go. I can only stay a moment.”
But why do you have to go when you just got here? If you want to help, ask how I am, why is that important?”
Love, Ámbar just woke up from the coma. I have to go to her. Don't you want her to recall her latest memories? You're in a hospital, you're being taken care of. What more do you need?” Her expression was that of so much pain stopped short. “I'm sorry, forgive me.” He went over to her bed. “We're both a little nervous.”
We're learning how to be parents.”
He kissed her. This time she showed no enthusiasm for it.
Rest up. I'll be back in a little while.”
She nodded. He kissed his son on the head.
I'm sure she will recognize you,” she said. “Don't you want to take a photo?”
Can you send me one? Please?”
Leonora nodded. She did not say so but in her mind it was not normal for a new father not to take out his cell phone and take numerous photos of his firstborn child. She did her best not to cry when he was out the door.

Catalina handed some papers to a secretary and told her to let her know when José Carlos arrived. As the secretary departed Catalina's cell rang and alerted her to a videoconference. She pushed the correct key and it was Omar Vega. He walked into the room where Diego was tied to a chair. A very professional job.
I have a surprise,” he said. “I hope it pleases you. Something I hope you'll be glad to see.”
He turned the phone so she could see his prisoner.
Hello, Diego,” she said in her most seductive voice. She was pleased to see how embarrassed he looked.

Alejandro entered Francisco's home and asked to enter the room with Ámbar. The nurse told him to have a seat. The nurse left the room as Alejandro sat down.
He took out his cell to show Ámbar the photo Leonora had just sent him. He asked Francisco about whether she could talk with them and he told Alejandro what the doctor had told him earlier. She started to say “You have to know... you have to know...” but it seemed to take some effort.
Aunt, you need to rest. You'll get better we'll talk about everything. For hours. My uncle – ”
Your father,” she said, and began going into convulsions. Francisco called for Dora and the nurse. Dora told Alejandro that she had never seen this before.

Later Alejandro went back to Miguel at the building site. He had no idea he had been followed there. Alvaro got out of his red car as Alejandro met Miguel behind the gate and began telling him what his afternoon had been like. Miguel wondered why he had come back so soon but Alejandro wanted to talk about how he had completed his mother's plan he wanted to talk about their future.
He did not see Alvaro at the gate, his cell phone in hand. Alvaro called Leonora's cell. Her screen read “”Number Unknown” but she answered.
Hello?”
Leonora Navarro?” he said, disguising his voice. “Your husband is deceiving you. You don't know who he is or whom he is with.”
Who are you?”
Just a friend who wants to help you by opening your eyes. At this precise moment Alejandro is with someone else.”:
Who is speaking, please?”
As I said, a friend. You have no idea that Alejandro is leading a double life.”
By this time Leonora was irritated.
I am asking once more Who is speaking?”
Do you want to know whom your husband is deceiving you with?”
He ended the call. He must have taken some sadistic pleasure in her frustration that she could not call him back.

Alejandro and Miguel continued to talk about the situation.
I was thinking about you becoming a father. Must be beautiful.”
Well, what are you trying to say?”
All I want to understand is that now that you're a father it must be a huge responsibility to have a child. So if our future would impinge on that I understand.”
Did you listen to what you just said?”
Yes, I am listening.”
For you and me to be together is the most important. And you know that. Do you have any doubt?”
No.”
So, then?”
I'm sure.”
I'm very sure.”
They embraced. Alejandro's cell was on the table but he did not hear it buzz.

Luis prepared to return to the city. He told Matias that soon he would be able to go home and go back to school and his friends. His ex told him to be careful and that they would miss their superhero. As he walked to his car he phoned José Carlos.
I'm returning to Mexico to resume the investigation. I'm going to need your help.”
Great. Let me know when you arrive. I'm on my way to see Diego.”
Why didn't you wait for me? We could go together.”
No, I couldn't. I have to get there within the hour to collect all the information and documents.”
It's strange that we haven't heard anything from him all this time and now this call.”
I'm on my way to his place now.. We'll talk later.”

Catalina arrived at Diego's hideout.
Well done, Commandante.”
Thanks.”
Now, leave me alone with him.”
Are you sure?”
She nodded. “Please.”
Excuse me.” He left. Catalina watched until he was out of the building.
She turned around and looked at Diego, knowing he was helplessly tied up.

After sunset José Carlos arrived at Diego's previous residence. He rang the bell, but there was no voice acknowledging him.
He sent a text saying he was there and to let him in. As soon as he had done that is phone rang. Leonora told him that Alejandro was not answering his phone.
What happened?” he asked.
He left. I can't find him. Someone called me saying that he had been deceiving me, that he was with someone else.”
But who called you?”
I don't know. I didn't recognize his voice. It was like it was distorted. I kept calling Alejandro but he doesn't answer.”
Calm down. Listen to me. The first thing you need to do is calm down.”
Why? Why doesn't he answer? I need your help, please.”
Leonora, calm down. You need to calm down first. Listen to me.”
For what reason isn't he here? Why doesn't he care about his son?”
You have to calm down. If you don't the baby will sense that something is wrong. I'm going to help you but you need to calm down first. Promise me.”
I promise. But I feel so alone, José Carlos.”
I will look for Alejandro and see you later. Is that alright?”
She ended the call. He rang Diego's bell once more, then sent a text saying he was leaving.

Catalina carefully put on a pair of black gloves. Diego's cell signaled a message. She picked up and saw the text message from José Carlos.
I see you were the friend José Carlos was going to see. I see you betrayed me.”

José Carlos went back to his car. He received a message from Diego's phone saying he had benn followed. He would send his location. José Carlos got back into his car.

How long before José Carlos was to get to your house?” Catalina asked Diego. He did not answer. She said “I would ask again, but it doesn't matter.”
I know what you want, but I will win in this case.”
Catalina went to a shelf and retrieved a clear plastic bag.
You're mistaken, sweetheart. Here the winner is me.”
She put the bag over his head and quickly pulled it as tightly as she could.
You will meet death slowly,” she said as she applied a death grip to the bag. It began shrinking around his face.




Labels:


Comments:
I haven’t watched episode yet but I just had to tell you that your opening sentence was awesome! Thank you Urban for your very original and talented writing. I am going to resist reading on until I watch the capitulo

Mely
 

Thanks UA!

I think as the story progresses I’m liking JC more and Alejandro less. He’s not a very likable person/character. He’s living in a fantasy world. At least Miguel was trying to be realistic about the situation. Leonora has two men who genuinely love her and aren’t deceiving her in any way (JC and Luis). She deserves better.

I didn’t notice that Catalina was wearing the same clothes in Leonora’s dream. That’s a little creepy. And I think Leonora was right to say that Edgar is her child and Catalina can’t just take him without asking. Being his grandma is not automatic permission or a right to do anything. Alejandro has the wrong logic IMO.

I was surprised that Luis was doubting himself. He is obviously focused on his work but he is getting better at prioritizing his family. He definitely deserves some sense of peace.

Too bad Catalina and her detective friend found Diego before JC. JC may be unknowingly walking into a trap. Hopefully he remains unscathed.


 

Outstanding UA. The title, the screen shots, the entire retelling from start to finish.

“That's if your adored one continues to survive.” From Catalina's poisonous lips to José Carlos'burning ears. A threat more than implied.

So, when Catalina slipped on the brown leather gloves, getting ready to face Diego, I was thinking - hypodermic needles, sharp knives, missing appendages?? While the death was horrid, it could have been so much more gruesome. For us. I am relieved we were spared watching prolonged torture.

The most interesting development was Leonora's seeing Catalina in a different, truthful light. Motherhood has shown her the possibilities of the deepest, darkest deception. The true visage of Catalina is now clear.

There are so many backstories aching to be told. How did Catalina become the monster she is today? What happened between Luis and his ex - they seem to still care about each other. Luis marched off to war. One which he may not survive.

"Unseen by his brother, José Carlos smiled as though he were the father". If only he were. TF, I don't want to raise my hopes about JC and Leonora being together. I wonder if there will be any happiness at all ere the end.

Ambar struggling to speak and managing to do so incoherently was difficult to watch. If anyone needs somewhat of a happy ending, she does.

Francisco with his watery eyes and vacant stares is even harder to endure. Perpetually dazed and confused, are we really to believe this is the man Catalina fell in love with? Not possible. Is the interpretation of the role the way it was written? If so, the writers took an unfortunate detour here.

Alejandro seems destined for tragedy as you cannot live in two worlds. They will surely collide and a choice must be made. He might well end up with nothing. I hope Miguel and Leonora manage to survive the storm.

UA, just sublime. Thank you.

Diana
 

Thanks for all your encouragement.

It was said before but it bears repeating: Catalina is incapable of love. We have no evidence that she even loves her own son. She doesn't love Francisco; she uses him. As for her backstory, I don't even think the original gave her a backstory (I've seen the original up to episode 50), but it would be different in this version.

Based on her reaction to Diego's sexual abuse I think she had been sexually abused when she was young, possibly when she was a child. Many women with that in their youth often come to believe that sex is the only thing they have to offer. Some even become prostitutes or porn stars. Whatever Diego did to her could have caused her to think about a specific incident from her past. That is one of the few incidents of genuine emotion we got from her so far.

Not that this excuses any of her actions.

It would definitely affect her as a mother. She is absolutely responsible for the sort of person Alejandro is. While he isn't truly evil and he is a responsible employee of the company, he has a void in his own ability to treat the people he loves with consideration. It is no accident that the writers made the choice to have him be bisexual now because although LGBTQ people are more accepted and gay marriage is legal in Mexico he is closeted. Since we have no backstory on Miguel we don't know whether his family accepted this about him or not. He may never have had a problem with acceptance, but Alejandro might have feared being rejected by his parents. This is why he went seven years passing Miguel off as his "best friend." His boundaries are weak because narcissists have none. He would never have learned about healthy boundaries in his mother's home.

As a narcissist, Catalina would expect her son to be like she is: A facile liar with the ability to deceive others with impunity. She would also expect him to be as greedy as she is. However, I think her talk of him ultimately being free to live as he wants is a deception she is pulling on him. She may be planning to kill Leonora whose inner lioness is coming to the fore now that she has a cub to protect. She will not be an easy victim.

The more victims Catalina claims the more difficult it will be to continue to keep her true self from the people around her. Ambar is the only person who really figured it out so far about Carlos but her mental illness makes her lack credibility. Luis definitely suspects her of that murder and other things but is looking for solid evidence. He should also be looking for honest cops and a better boss.

More later. I have to deal with last night's episode of El Dragon.
 

"She may be planning to kill Leonora whose inner lioness is coming to the fore now that she has a cub to protect. She will not be an easy victim".

Awesome UA. Just awesome.

Diana
 

Thanks, Urban. This was fantastic!

I am wondering if Ambar is more coherent than she appears; not totally but a bit more. Yes, Diana, her scenes were very hard to watch.

BIG surprise for Cata that the now maternal Leonora is not so compliant.

BIG disappointment: Luis’s ex telling him to go ahead and do want he needs to do to be himself no matter the consequences and a bigger one that he is taking advantage of her permission. Dramatic but STUPID.

Miguel is far too decent for Alejandro.

Spurned lover Álvaro is going for the best revenge ever.

I was sorry to see Diego caught like the rat he was because now Cata doesn’t have to think about him as a threat anymore.

Cannot wait for tonight.
 

UA...Your comments are as good and well thought out as your recaps. You are awesome when it comes to re-telling stories of narcissistic women and the harm and evil they cause others.

I found it interesting that Miguel seemed more concerned about Leonora and the baby than Alejandro. And he kept having to remind him of the necessity for him to be at the hospital.

But not surprised by how Leonora defended "her cub" as you put it. I've always been a wuss, but when I was pregnant with my first child, I became aggressive and confrontational with people who seemed to threaten me (I was a reporter at the time). I was quite surprised at my sudden change in character. It's amazing what hormones can do. Mother Nature is very powerful indeed.

Like Diana, shuddered at what Catalina's revenge on Diego was going to be. Feared slow mutilation of various body parts with a knife. The suffocation with a plastic bag tactic was a relief, frankly.

Thanks as always for the dedicated work that you are doing on this UA.
 

Jarifa, Ambar is probably suffering more from prolonged silence than anything else. I saw a video on Youtube about how difficult it can be to talk again after protracted silence because the tongue is a muscle that needs to be consistently used. This would be crippling to people like me who talk too much (in other people's viewpoints). I have the feeling that she hasn't suffered any brain damage. Her mental illness is more emotional and environmental but -- again -- we have no backstory on her other than she was unable to have children.

Since there is so much going on in each episode of this series with nine episodes left there is a lot the writers can still do. Diego's death will delay more revelations because he knew more about the diamond smuggling than anyone else except Catalina herself. If he was being honest with Jose Carlos about having proof that would stand up in court it's in his apartment. JC is smart enough to figure that out but I have the feeling that Catalina is looking to frame him for Diego's murder, which will put him out of action until Francisco or another lawyer gets him out of jail.

If Alejandro tells his mother about what Alvaro tried to do she probably will kill him.

I dearly hope Luis survives this series even if he ends up getting back together with Margarita. Their goodbye scene was filled with hints that he could be a goner.

Judy, thanks. The sad truth is that my knowledge of narcissism comes from having had a narcissistic mother. It's hell on earth. Nobody escapes that unscathed. Alejandro is a good example of one of the ways this could go. That they have mucho dinero helped that a little because money seems to be the only thing that could make Catalina happy because money = power.

Miguel's concern for little Edgar probably points to him having had a much healthier family of origin than Alejandro, but that doesn't say much. Almost everyone would have had that.
 

UA: I too hope Luis survives. Not just because I love the actor that plays him lol but because I genuinely do love the character. Trying to expose Catalina is very risky. It would be a devastating blow if his son lost his father. Matias reminds me a bit of Benjamin in CET. An innocent child shouldn’t have to suffer.

Diana: I’m not getting my hopes up too much either. If Catalina manages to elude death I don’t know if anyone in this story can achieve any happiness and peace. Catalina’s possible death might be the only solution but you never know what’ll happen. There’s certainly no guarantee of that.
 

Excellent above-and-beyond recap as usual, Urban. I agree, Jarifa and JudyB: Miguel is a much nicer person than Alejandro--Maybe Miguel wasn't as much a child of privilege as Ale. Possibly the plastic bag was a way to kill Diego with the fewest special effects. Superb acting on the part of the actress playing Ambar (whose name I know but can't spell) as a recovering coma patient. She was very convincing!
 

The plastic bag is only one of Catalina's murder weapons. We've seen sedatives, hard objects, taser, pistols, and now a plastic bag. There are many more she could be studying. While she is not a serial killer in the usual sense, I think she enjoys committing murder and thinks of it as only removing obstacles.
 

Though I do think it would have been a little hard to show her carving Diego up into little pieces. :)
 

Thanks for the recap, UA; you didn't miss a thing and loved your added sides.

Diana and JudyB, I too expected a grueling death for Diago. I even had my finger on the channel button ready to switch when the gruesome stuff started. Thank goodness it wasn't as awful as we expected.

I think everyone deserves to survive except Catalina. Some deserves anvils; others deserve to continue on with their lives without all the misery...Miguel, Ambar, Luis, JC and, Leonora are the top 5 of that list. I'm not sure what kind of anvil I would want for Gelica since I can't seem to figure out exactly how much of an accomplice she is to Catalina; I suppose she could die as a casualty. I'm wondering if Catalina is going to drown..they sure emphasis drownings in the credits.
 

That would be interesting. Have we had a drowning since Mi Pecado?

I don't think Gelica knows that much. She had to have known about the affair with Francisco, but there is no reason Catalina would have confided anything else in her. Adultery may be a mortal sin in the eyes of the church but you don't go to prison for it. Everything else we've seen her do is a felony that Gelica could blackmail her over, in which case she would have been dead long ago.
 

Catalina does seem to have different ways to kill people--kind of like Kind Hearts and Coronets, but not funny (or as creative). :)
 

Thanks once again Urban. Above and beyond as always
I noticed when Miguel was telling Alejandro he had to go to the hospital he almost said “tu mujer” before catching himself

Thought the doctors seemed to be butchering Leonora. No wonder she almost died

No flowers for Leonora from the daddy. Just a peck on the lips, but I guess that’s better than a peck on the forehead And the daddy definitely bolted from the hospital room

Ambar seems to be thinking just fine. Still has to get speech back. I’m sure it will come

Mely
 

Thank you UA for your excellent recap and the beautiful scene shots and the wolves at the end!
ITA with some many of your comments and especially that Catalina is incapable of love.

Diana - yes Ambar is painful to watch and Francisco has plucked my last nerve. My hope is that Ambar makes it to the end of this tn along with Leonora and JC. And yes Alex is destined for tragedy but its mostly of his own doing.

TF - ITA that Miguel is too good for Alex.

Jarifa - Alvaro is definitely a spurned man and will wreck havoc on Alex.

JudyB - yes similar to Diana, Diego's death was quite tame for our horrible Catalina.

Rgv Chick - I like your list of survivors and hope it comes to pass.


 

I have been thinking that this story should have been called Abismo de Serpientes instead. Wolves are usually loyal to each other. They are warm-blooded. They mate for life and they love and protect their cubs. Snakes are cold-blooded and don't take care of their young, which hatch or are born as predators.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder