Monday, November 25, 2019

Cuna de lobos, Capitulo 24 Lunes 11/25/19: Unbelievable



Many of the cleverest and some of the most hardened criminals are sometimes confounded by the presence of true evil. It is therefore shocking when one encounters true evil face to face and fails to see it for what it is. Being oblivious to it is worse than being shocked by it because that is when one is truly dead. – D.D.
Catalina spoke with Vega as he was getting into the all-terrain vehicle.
I will see you tomorrow and I will have another little job for you.”
I'm glad to hear you're more calm,” he said. “I'll have things to tell you.” He ended the call and told the driver to take him to the airport.
She wasted no time for the next step.
At your service, Señora Creel,” said the voice on her phone.
Proceed immediately with the preparations, Doctor,” she told him.

At that moment Luis was in the medical examiner's office awaiting a report.
Here is the result of the second autopsy. Señor Larios died as a result of cranial trauma. A blow to the head. I've already sent a copy to the police department so they can reopen the investigation of a qualified homicide based on these results.”
Luis thanked the man and took his copy.
Good. Good. Catalina Creel,” he said under his breath.

You truly have no limits, Mother,” said Alejandro. “José Carlos' discoveries are going to get the jewelry stores are closed. What do you expect to gain with this?”
To hold on to what is ours.”
Gothier is not yours, don't you understand?”
I am saying it is yours and mine. I have told you many times, all I have done is for you.”
Therefore, pretend that I'm dead.” He then turned to leave. Catalina rose from her desk.
Alejandro, please, don't say that ever! Stay with me. We have plans. Together we can stay, you and I.” He shook his head.
No, Mother. The only one who will stay is you.”
He left her looking bewildered as he walked out of her office.

Luis went to the court building to speak with the new prosecutor.
The death of Ignacio Vasco is connected to the death of Carlos Larios. Here is the information I have.” He handed him the file.
Very good. We'll combine that with the other information.”
And the death of Alvaro Mendoza Perez, connected to the killing of Miguel Terranova.” He handed over another folder. The prosecutor opened the file.
All of this is the same case?”
All of this goes back to one principal suspect,” Luis said, handing him his file on Catalina, opened to her head shot.

Catalina sat on her terrace. Francisco wanted to make plans.
We will work together,” he said. “Don't tell me you won't intervene in Gothier.”
I will not decide until the last minute when José Carlos departs for Sierra Leone.”
Commandante Vega will shortly arrive. Did he make a deal with Julius? Did he reach an agreement about the diamonds? Or is he betraying us?”
He will arrive tomorrow. I want you to ask about the accounts.”
She looked uncertain. She who had never been anything else previously in the presence of any other person looked concerned.

Leonora had packed and the driver loaded her suitcases into the car.
Señora, please let me inform Señor Larios of your destination.”
And if I don't want him to know?”
Señora, I'm not trying to influence you but I think it would be better if he knew.”
Let's just say it's going to be very far from here. Thanks for everything, Jaime.”
She got into the car.

The captain of the company plane told José Carlos it was ready.
Thanks. We need to get to Sierra Leone as soon as possible.”
Just as they walked out to the beautiful white plane Alejandro pulled up in his car.

Outside the Gothier atelier police were gathering. Miriam tried to stop them from shutting the gates and putting up signs by saying this was illegal only to be told that there was a court order from a judge. Crowds were starting to build.

Alejandro ran up to José Carlos to stop him from getting on the plane.
You can't leave now. The police are shutting the office, my mother has sent for her lawyers, and she's staying inside.”
Catalina can't do that.”
You do realize you are the only one who can be there.”
Francisco. Where is he?”
I don't know. I've called but he doesn't answer. Something is up.”
Yes, something. Thanks for telling me.”
José Carlos went back to his car and talked to Miriam as he was driving.”
José Carlos, your mother called her lawyers to try to stop them closing the office.”
Miriam, I know. I need to communicate with Señor Vasco Celos. He'a a notary. Tell him I urgently need to see him at the store.” He ended the call and floored the accelorator.

Catalina punched in Francisco's number and put her cell on speaker.
We are to revise the numbers in Sierra Leone.”
We can't do anything about that,” he told her. “We have to wait and see what José Carlos does there.”
He should be taking off about now.”
She did not tell him what that really meant.

Alejandro was still on the tarmac. The pilots were waiting for instructions. One asked Alejandro if they should cancel the flight.

Leonora looked at her son and at a cell phone message as the car pulled out.

Alejandro called José Carlos from the plane just as he arrived at the atelier.
Give me the names of the contacts in Sierra Leone,” he said.
Why do you want them?”
I'm going there.”
No; that's madness. It's very dangerous.”
I didn't think you'd insult me like that,” Alejandro said, jokingly.
No.”
The plane is about to take off. Besides let me help you in this to bring my mother down. I need to do this.”
Are you sure?”
Yes, completely sure. You take care of Leonora and my son. I can't do so from here,” he laughed slightly.

Catalina's phone rang.
I have bad news for you,” said her lawyer. “The news is here. José Carlos is about to withdraw the company [???]”
Who?”
Your stepson, José Carlos. He is withdrawing everyone from the company.”
Catalina was shocked.
It can't be. Are you sure it's José Carlos?”
Yes, yes, yes. Completely sure, Señora.”
He ended the call. Catalina immediately called Vega, who was still on his way to the airport.
José Carlos is still here in Mexico,” she almost shouted.
What did you say?”
I'm saying that José Carlos is still here. The damned plane hasn't left.”
That can't be; it must be an error. Let me check that.” He opened the laptop and read out the flight plan, telling her that the plane left at 17:30.
But there is some kind of mistake. My lawyer called and he said that José Carlos is here!”
Listen to me, Catalina. I just read you the report from the Aeronautics Authority. This can't be a mistake. The listed passenger is a Señor Larios.”
Catalina's face fell as it dawned on her that it was not only not José Carlos, it also wasn't Francisco.

The captain told Alejandro the plane would reach cruising altitude in a few minutes. It hit some turbulence, which the captain told Alejandro was nothing to worry about.
Alejandro sat back and looked at his cell. Two messages appeared, then it began ringing.
Alejandro, answer, please!” Catalina whispered to herself twice. He looked at the phone and finally answered in irritation.
What do you want?”
Alejandro, where are you?”
I'm not telling you where I'm going.”
Just tell me where you are!” she almost shouted.
Just because I answered doesn't mean I have to tell you. Don't call me again; I don't want to hear from you ever again!”
He ended the call before she could get his name out. She called his cell again.

José Carlos was discussing documents with Miriam. She told him she didn't have them but that they were backed up. His cell rang and he answered very annoyed.
Catalina, how dirty can you get sending your lawyers to the shutdown?”
José Carlos, who is on that plane? Answer me! Is Alejandro on that plane? Answer me, is Alejandro on that plane?”
There's nothing you can do about it now, Catalina. Alejandro is on his way to Sierra Leone to close the mines.”
Catalina ended the call and began to hyperventilate. “My son!”

Another pocket of turbulence was hit. The co-pilot told Alejandro to sit back and not worry. His cell alerted him to a message. Then another. Then a third followed by the ring.
I told you not to call me, Mother.”
Alejandro, listen to me. Don't hang up. Order the pilot to fly to the nearest airport. He's got to turn the plane around.”
We're on our way to Sierra Leone to close the mines.”
The devil with the mines! You're got to turn the plane around. It will explode. There is a bomb. Alejandro, please!”
What have you done?” he said through his teeth.
Alejandro!”
What have you done?”
The bomb exploded near the hull on the starboard side.
Fuck! What have you done?”
Forgive me.”
The alarm sounded.
Alejandro, forgive me, please!”
José Carlos went into the office, telling Miriam to call him if she had questions. His cell rang and he answered.
Ale?”
José Carlos, I don't have much time. Listen to me. Listen to me. I have to tell you something.”
What?”
Promise me that you will take care of Leonora and my son. Promise me, please.”
Yes, of course. Tell me what's happening, Alejandro.”
Forgive me for everything I've said or done. Promise me.”
Alejandro, what is happening? Please tell me what's going on.”
Someone put a bomb on the plane. We are going down any minute.”
Alejandro, tell the pilot to land. Tell him to land, please!”
There is no time. It was meant for you, don't you know?”
Tell the pilot to land, please!”
Take good care of Leonora, please, and my son. Tell him every day his father loves him. That his heart is always with him. And I wish you happiness, brother. That's all. Goodbye. I love you.”
Alejandro, listen to me. Alejandro!” He slumped to the floor. “Alejandro, listen to me!”

Catalina called Alejandro as the flames grew on the starboard engine. The plane bucked and the phone flew out of his hand. She shouted at him to talk to her.
The air traffic controllers contacted the pilot who reported the problem. The controllers were told to contact the Navy as the plane was losing altitude. Alejandro got out of his seat and sent forward to the cockpit to ask what they could do. He was told to prepare for impact. They could not go faster. Catalina kept yelling to Alejandro to answer her.
The co-pilot shouted “Mayday” several times but the communication seemed to have failed. The flame grew on the engine. Alejandro fell on the deck as he tried going back to his seat and his hand touched his cell phone. He may or may not have heard Catalina's panicked voice yelling to answer her.
He closed his eyes as the light outside the window appeared to be a dead white.

Catalina dropped the cell phone and cried out his name. She slumped to the floor.
José Carlos cried, knowing that he had lost his brother.
Francisco entered the office and saw José Carlos. The sight was shocking, as though this were the first time he had ever seen his nephew cry.
José, Carlos. What happened?”
José Carlos stood and looked at him.
Alejandro was in the plan on the way to Sierra Leone. It exploded. Catalina had put a bomb on the plane. It exploded.” Francisco froze.
Catalina started crying, punctuated with cries of anguish.
The control tower chief spoke with Francisco.
I'm sorry, but we have no more information,” he said.
This is about my son,” Francisco said.
I'm sorry, but I have no more information until things are confirmed.”
Francisco ended the call, looking as though he were in a trance. He walked as slowly as a zombie in a bad horror film until he got to the table near the door. He cried for a moment as he flipped the table over, crashing the lamp on the floor.

José Carlos cried out Catalina's name as he entered her office and found her staring into space.
You killed my brother. You killed your son. You are despicable.”
Alejandro is alive,” she said. “He is alive.”
He pulled her to her feet and shouted into her face.
You killed him! You killed him! You killed your son!”
No. No. My son is alive.”
She turned away. It was almost impossible for José Carlos to tell whether she had truly had broken with reality or was faking it; he had seen her hypocrisy for most of his life. She leaned against the wall repeating to herself. “He is alive. Alejandro is alive. We will find him. We will find him.”
José Carlos walked away and left the room. He knew that his own grief was genuine.

Luis brought Leonora a glass of water.
Thanks. How is José Carlos?”
Holding up. He was born to be strong, like you.”
The last time I saw Alejandro I treated him badly. I was very rude to him.”
Well, you said what you had to say to him because it was the right thing at the time.”
Then where does this guilt come from?” Luis got in front of her to look her in the eyes.
Catalina planted the bomb on the plane. Why do you have to feel bad?”
Because I had loved him and he is the father of my son. Was the father of my son.” She burst into a fresh set of tears. He embraced her and she leaned on his shoulder.

José Carlos introduced himself to Lt. Aguilar of the federal police. Catalina and Francisco followed him into the office and began asking questions. He asked his co-workers to excuse them and they left. Catalina and Francisco began asking questions.
Aquilar showed them the radar device and explained what it was, showing them the point at which they lost communication. To José Carlos' next question there was no possibility that the plane had only lost communication. Francisco asked about survival possibility. He answered that with what they knew it was nearly impossible. The plane wasn't near enough to land to have landed.
Catalina kept saying that it was impossible, that Alejandro had to be alive.
Aren't you going to try to rescue him? I don't care how many people it takes. I don't care whether or not you catch the ones who did this. Just find him.”
We're working on it, Señora. We've sent as many men as we can spare. It's important that we identify the last place of communication so the Navy –”
You have to find my son! Alejandro has to appear alive! Do you hear me? You –”
Aguilar could not have been more grateful when someone told him there was an important call. He asked for privacy to take the call.
Did he tell you any more about before we got here?”
What you both heard,” Francisco said. Then he left. It's impossible that they could have survived. The plane went down in the middle of the sea.” Ámbar called him and he excused himself.
I'm glad you succeeded, “José Carlos said. “If you're looking for guilt, it wasn't me. We will find out who was and you will go to prison for the rest of your life.” Francisco returned and a woman called them in to see Lt Aguilar.
Lt Aguilar told them to sit down; Catalina refused. He explained that a Marine helicopter had found the rest of the plane.
Everything points to there being no survivors. I'm sorry.”
Catalina said nothing. Aguilar looked at the others.
I understand that this is a sensitive moment. There are still little details of protocol. In view of the body parts we found, the plane's flight plan –”
Catalina said nothing and likely paid no attention to the subsequent questions about retriving the body parts for the funeral, and another thing or two. She was stunned, numb, and inside she was out of control.

Leonora sat in her home, staring at some white flowers in a vase. But she saw nothing. José Carlos entered. A moment later he began to cry.
I couldn't do anything..” She rose from the couch and embraced him. “I couldn't do anything.” He cried, even shook as he tried to articulate the words. They embraced tighter, sank to the floor, and cried without words.

Catalina leaned against her mattress and boxspring, holding a framed photo of Alejandro as she cried alone. She stayed on the bedroom floor and cried out in anguish, like Medea in the Greek tragedy. when she wept for her loss of position.

After the funeral service José Carlos, Leonora, Luis, and Ambar stood outside the church, talking about how this had felt similar to Carlos' funeral. Francisco arrived and José Carlos suggested they leave. Ambar was the last because she stopped to look at Francisco once more, perhaps in disbelief that everything had come to this.
Francisco went inside and saw Catalina staring at a photo of their son. He looked at her with studied indifference. She started to say something but he wasn't listening.
During twenty-five years you hid my son from me. Now I was trying to recover from that and I lost him.”
Alejandro was always more mine than yours. The one who worked all the time to build our future was me.”
We are here because of what you did. You know there were times when I thought to live you have to concede.”
And we are here, you and I. Alone. We have just lost a son. That unites us more than ever.”
Forever.”
They embraced before the altar of the church. Only the most saintly priest would have forgiven their sins against the rest of the world.

A local policeman handed a file to Lt Aguilar which contained photos from an airport security camera. The man in the photo was identified as Fermín Vasquez. Aguilar wanted all available information on him.

Vega stood at the edge of the library waiting for Catalina on the terrace. He looked as though he had lost ten pounds and aged five years upon his return from Sierra Leone. He was not eager to speak with her but there was no avoiding it.
Do you know what Alejandro's last words to me were?” she said. “'What have you done?' I couldn't say anything because what could I have said? Because an imbecile made a mistake. You did this to him.”
I couldn't have –” She pulled out her pistol.
You killed my son!” She aimed directly at his heart. She was at point-blank range.
Put the gun down, Catalina,” he said.
Do you have children?” she asked. “Do you have children? Do you know what it is to lose one?” He shook his head. “Talk! What do you have to say?”
I did exactly what you wanted.”
No! You were supposed to insure that José Carlos got on that plane! You didn't!”
Put down the gun!” he said. “You are very worked up. Calm down.”
You are here to see that the plane exploded with José Carlos in it!”
This couldn't be helped. Nobody could have foreseen that Alejandro would make the mistake to enter that plane to take this trip. I didn't do that, neither did you.”
Catalina relaxed her firing arm and leaned over the patio table to catch her breath. Vega looked at her and knew what he needed to do.
It's over, Catalina,” he said. “I'm very sorry about your son but you have to know that I am not the only one responsible.”
She looked up but not at him.
I have one small job for you.”
If it's to eliminate José Carlos, believe me it's –”
No, I don't want more deaths. It will be the only job you have left from me. And I will pay very well.”

José Carlos and Luis sat in Luis' apartment. Luis worked at his computer and looked up. José Carlos hadn't said anything in hours.
Do you need anything?” he asked.
No. I couldn't hear Alejandro's voice for his last words from the plane. To see Catalina in the church was too much.”
Don't think about that. What did Francisco say to you in the church?”
He had spoken with the Aeronautic Authorities about finding out who placed the bomb.” He noticed Luis' silent reaction. “Yes, I think the same. We all know who it was.”
Catalina ordered it but didn't place the bomb.” He showed his laptop screen to José Carlos. “Commandante Vega. He was the alleged investigator in the murder of Alvaro.”
He's an associate of Catalina's. She wanted Francisco close to her for when I would fall into the trap so he could run the total operations in Mexico. I have to get back to Leonora. She's been sick about what happened to Alejandro. I have to do this.”
Talk to her. Tell her what I told you.”
Thanks.”




Leonora sat in dead silence remembering happier times (and others) before the disaster struck on her life. José Carlos arrived.
I was afraid you might be asleep.”
No. I can't sleep.”
Would you like me to stay with you here tonight?”
Yesterday I made the decision to leave. I packed my bags and left the house. I came back when Luis came to tell me about Alejandro.”
Leave? Where to?”
I don't know. It's that you and I can't do this. It's that each of us need to work on our things. I about Alejandro and you your family. I don't want to be that, you know? Neither do I want you to take Alejandro's place.”
I don't want to take Alejandro's place. You are the most important thing to me.”
The advantage for you is you didn't look at anyone before me and I have a son with your brother.”
We still have to talk about your feelings. Surely you know that I love you.” She nodded. “An I know you're afraid. So am I. I never want to hurt you. But it looks like the only feelings getting hurt are mine.” She began to cry.
We can't do this,” she said.
Do you know what Alejandro's last words were? That I take care of you and Edgar.” She cried harder. “He asked that I take care of you and that's what I want to do. Only if you allow me and in the ways that you want. Good night.”
He kissed her on the cheek and left.

Catalina opened what looked like rolled tobacco, using an exacto blade. The wrappings did not contain what she expected to find.
Where are the diamonds?” she demanded. “You said that you and Julius made an agreement and no more were going to be stolen. Therefore, why are they not here?”
Another cartel recommended that we bring them into another country using mules, said Vega.
Then where are they?”
In the safe house.”
We have to go there.”
You're not making sense now. The doctor is preparing --”
I need to see those diamonds. José Carlos had all my accounts sealed, I have no money to move. Let's go.”
She led the way and he followed her to the “safe house.”
The doctor says we need to wait. None of the girls will be in danger of death. We need to stay out of his way.”
They walked past two other women waiting outside the makeshift operating room. Two armed men were in attendance. An unconscious woman lay on the gurney.
Why haven't you done it?” Catalina asked.
She had a bad reaction to the anaesthesia. I don't' want to risk her life,” said the doctor. “We have to wait.”
To the horror of both men, Catalina ripped open the hospital gown on the young woman and picked up a scapel.
Without even washing her hands or putting on surgical gloves she made a long incision in the woman's stomach area.
Vega cringed at the sight. She then put her bare hand inside and felt around for the buried treasure more valuable to her than any other life.
She pulled out two or three large stones and looked at Vega.

And now for the others.”
After she had washed her hands, hands more bloody in reality than Lady Macbeth's in her imagination, she told Vega to follow her.
They went into another former operating or emergency room where she pulled her gun out of her purse and pointed it at him.
What are you doing?”
Did you think I was going to give you a pass about what you did to my son?”
The only one responsible for Alejandro's death is you,” he said. He tried to reach for his own pistol but wasn't fast enough.
She shot him six times without even blinking her eye.

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you, Urban. I just finished the episode a little while ago. All I can say is: karma is a *you know what*.

Catalina finally got a taste of karma but the question now is can and will she be stopped?

I think JC was right in saying that no matter what he at least has Alejandro’s blessing to be by Leonora’s side even if there can’t be anything more than a friendship between him and Leonora.

A bit of foreshadowing when Alejandro told Catalina to pretend that he was dead. Although Francisco isn’t/wasn’t a saint, it was pretty selfish of Catalina to essentially keep him away from his son. The only thing she cared about was money and power.

Hopefully the fact that Luis was finally able to make a case against Catalina doesn’t put him in danger. I don’t wanna see him nor JC become Catalina’s next victims if there will be any more.

Alejandro Nones in the house!!! lol
 

Excellent, Urban. Perfect title. Thank you!

TF, good comment about foreshadowing with Alejandro’s comment. It made me cringe when I heard it.

It seems like Leonora has her head on straight but it would be better if she had left town for parts unknown because we still have one episode/42 min. left and Alejandro and Vega are gone. Who else besides she, José Carlos, Ámbar and Luis (and family) does Catalina have to mix it up with? At the usual pacing for this novela, I am expecting the last episode to be jam packed with action until the end.

I never thought Catalina would be quicker with her gun than Vega.

Catalina with a scalpel: horror. It is a tossup between this scene and the tongue removal for the most gross scene in this and most novelas. I did see one worse scene in LRDS2 but I will happily save you the details.

Catalina and Francisco hanging on each other: sickening . . . And in a church yet. Vomitable!

I was hoping Catalina would have shot herself for the grief she caused herself, but no such luck.

Oh well, it will all be over by this time mañana.
 

UA: Karma is a BIGLY BITCH. It struck Catalina hard: whacking her own kid.

TF: I don't think she's going to be stopped.

My message to JC, Leonora, Ambar & Co.,: watch your backs.

Jarifa: I KNEW I recognized Crazy Whacky Erick Montenegro from "PyP".
 

Oh Urban, what a mess. Not you, this show. Thanks a million

Yes Steve Erik Montenegro in P & P, then Oscar Lucio in La Piloto, Johnny Corona in Amar a Muerte, and now here. Not hard up for work.

I sure didn't see him planting bombs on vboth engines, but I guess I missed it.

Yeah, that Francisco would actually let the serpent TOUCH him as they are looking for his son's remains is beyond belief.

And as the episode ended, why is Cata still running amok? Shouldn't she be UNDER the jail or being disassembled into parts small enough to fit into a hamburger meat machine?
 

Urban, nothing demonstrates your eloquence or insight better than the screen shot of Alejandro with the caption "He closed his eyes as the light outside the window appeared to be a dead white".

Another remarkable outing Urban. Anyone who missed this need only read your descriptive dialog and marvelous screen shots to fully realize all the tragic events just as they unfolded.

I would suspect Alejandro's sins have been forgiven - he expressed true repentance and regret. He wanted a good life for those he had wronged - his son and Leonora. And happiness for Jose Carlos who, without Catalina could have been a friend and loving brother.

The church was breathtakingly beautiful in contrast to the unholy hug between Francisco and Catalina.

Fitting that Catalina killed Vega. While her grief was genuine, I remained unmoved.

I did not understand the young woman Catalina cut was alive. Disgusting and despicable do not seem strong enough, do they?

I understand Leonora's feelings and think she needs time by herself to process and to heal. And while there are long, dark shadows and nightmares of spic proportions to be overcome, I am still hopeful she will reconcile with Jose Carlos.

I was shocked Catalina said "No, I don't want more deaths". Was that a momentary lapse? Obviously, it did not include the poor young woman she sliced open like piece of meat.

"Who else besides she, José Carlos, Ámbar and Luis (and family) does Catalina have to mix it up with?" Good question Jarifa. Sadly, one more episode could mean sufficient time for more murder and mayhem. As you noted, I'm sure the events will be fast and furious.

Like you TF, I am very afraid for Luis. I think Ambar might be off Catalina's radar but her anger at Alejandro taking Jose Carlos' place might not be assuaged until he dies.
"
And finally, Oh Urban, what a mess. Not you, this show". Couldn't agree more Kirby...

Urban, just wonderful. Thank you.

Diana
 

URBAN...Wonderful opening photograph and D.D. prologue. You always set the scene and stage so well. The amount of violence we are seeing in these nighttime shows is escalating. I too found Catalina's use of the scalpel horrifying. As Jarifa noted, that and the tongue castration surpasses anything I have ever seen before in a telenovela. The pornography of violence continues.

Thanks for the professional, exquisite job you do on these recaps.
 

"Pieces of meat" is all other people are to Catalina. Remember also that she is racist (as in Vicky wasn't white enough for her family).

Her use of medical instruments as weapons definitely qualify that footage as Torture Porn.

Diana, I also thought that was a momentary lapse. It could also have been a major hypocrisy. She may also be getting weary of having to think about how to cover her tracks. She may not be able to do so unless the killing is premeditated. There is a line in 1981's Body Heat that says it all: Every time you try to do a decent crime there are about 50 ways you can f*** up. If you can think of 25 of them you are a genius. And you're no genius.

She's been getting away with murder for 25 years, so she has to slow down sometime.
 

Oh my Urban. Now that I read it, I remember those words from Body Heat! But what I can't remember is, who said them? I'm thinking it wasn't William Hurt but a very young Mickey Rourke. What a movie...could not be more appropriate here, thank you!

Well, in about 12 hours we will have our answer...

Judy, "The pornography of violence continues" said it perfectly.

Diana


 

Mickey Rourke said those lines to William Hurt, whose character's brain was said to run at half speed.

That's one of my favorite films. I love Film Noir. Whoever composed the music for this series would excel at music for that genre.

Getting back to this series, I think that the escalating violence is intended to attract male viewers and younger viewers who are far less interested in character development and psychology than we are.
 

Good comment about the violence, Urban. Graphic violence is more the norm than it has ever has been across the board in reference to tv programming and movies.
 

UA: Absolutely agree with you on Catalina's vicious racism. I seem to noticed majority of the trafficking victims are black...

Plus I know what happened to Vicky losing the baby.....

Jarifa: Speaking of Vicky. Whatever happened to her ?
 

One comment I have to get in is how could Vega have guaranteed that JC would get on the plane when he was on one himself on the way back from Africa? Another astonishing example of Catalina avoiding her own responsibility for the situation and the beginning of losing touch with reality.
 

Thanks, UA. Who needs to see the episode when we have such an wonderful storyteller who includes a plethora of screenshots? Great job! But I must say the production of this episode was outstanding; many kudos to the directors and actors.

I had to turn away when I figured Cata was going to cut the girl. Cold and vicious don't even begin to describe this woman.

Diana, "I was shocked Catalina said "No, I don't want more deaths"." I too was shocked, but then I wondered if Catalina was only trying to get Vega to think she wouldn't kill him...so that he could help her one last time.

Catalina knowing that she killed her own son (which she refuses to admit) is still not enough for this wicked witch of the south. She needs to die a very slow, excruciatingly painful death.

I admired Leonora for her stance on her and JC's relationship...very good points; though I do feel JC has earned his right to happiness. Hopefully, Leonora will allow him to stay in their lives and after a year or two, he can try again.

Kirby, I kept asking over and over again "Why is this woman still running around free?!"
 

Rgv Chick: I too had to look away when Catalina cut open the woman. The whole concept of diamond smuggling, especially going to that sort of lengths, is just disturbing.
 

Urban Catalina classic blame shifter. She'd better not conveniently go Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs on us. If you are crazy enough, what is the utility in punishment then? She needs to be stone cold sane as her anvilS begin to land. I would not want to even live in the same town as the people who dream up this shit.
 

I was not surprised about Catalina shooting Vega dead. As soon as she said "one last job" I knew he was a goner. He should have thought about what happened to Diego when he hit the expiration date.

She could be prepping an insanity defense, but that would be incredibly difficult to prove. All the dead were people who either knew too much or who were a threat to her power plays.
 

UA, thanks for another wonderful recap. It seems the odd editing enabled me to not see most of the gruesome scalpel scene. I feel I dodged a bullet there. And excellent observation regarding who the producers think they will attract with this violence. Ick!

Our community knows this genre so well. I don't know who predicted or mentioned what would hurt Catalina the most, Ale's death, but wow. And that is what happened.

When Catalina told Vega no more deaths, I knew she was lying but didn't know she planned on killing him. She is such a thoroughly despicable character only death is now appropriate. Rgv Chick, I'm with you on her death being slow and painful.

Here's to hoping those left standing that we like will live.
 

I have to wonder whether Catalina ever intended Francisco or Alejandro to know their true relationship. She seems the very type to be laughing at their ignorance of it on her deathbed.

Forgot this a while back but I seem to recall an episode of some silly TV sitcom -- maybe Green Acres -- in which one of the Gabor sisters talked about smuggling diamonds in jars of cold cream. I wonder whether that was ever actually done or how successful it would be.
 

UA thanks for the thrilling recap.

I find it extraordinary that Catalina is still killing. I think she will meet an end, perhaps suicide. Why?

Here's my alternate ending: While we have all justifiably assumed that he died in that plane crash, his body has not been recovered. And Catalina was insistent until the funeral: Mi hijo esta vivo! Refusal to accept fate? Or the certainty of a She-Wolf who knows her offspring still lives? I go out on a limb and saw myself off: Alejandro did not die. He saw the white light just before he passed out. Somehow he is rescued and returns in the finale to accuse his mother of calling him on the plane to tell him a bomb has been planted and is about to go off. Distraught, she jumps to her death into the sea. (The recent credits show a woman in a red or white dress plunging into a body of water DROWNING.) Well, even it doesn't happen this way tonight, I think this is as good an ending for this utterly disgusting and brutal woman.
 

Brilliant illustrated recap, Urban! I agree, Kirby. Catalina blew up a plane. Several people know she blew up a plane. So why is she not in Jail?
 

UA..Thank you for the excellent recap and screencaps. To tell you the truth, I didn't watch this episode so I missed the carnage. I am Happy about that . I watched The Voice. ..carnage free singing.

I have no prediction for Catalina's fate. I can't stand to see or hear suffering. It must be awful to be so cruel and heartless carrying around a stone cold heart. Maybe death is to good for her. Maybe solo day confinement ...all alone with her evil nature and nobody to hurt.
 

Solitary confinement does sound like a logical idea. In absence of any other means she would probably starve herself to death.
 

Hey, babies are off limits in TNs, right? If not I may miss the Gran Final.
 

Kirby....don't even think That thought. NO.
 

Urban--As I watched the episode, I wondered how you were going to handle it. Not just the quick pace of the action, shifting scenes and shifting locations--and the indescribable violence. The minute she picked up the knife I closed my eyes. Unfortunately, I didn't let enough time go by. The bowl she washed her hands in should have been pretty red and her clothes should have been spattered, if indeed the woman was alive. Thank you for keeping your eyes open for us.

The reason Cata was blaming Vega was that he was supposed to have gotten a flight back the day before and was delayed--either at the mine or by the flight. With him back, he was supposed to make sure he "briefed" JC before putting him on the plane. He was NOT responsible for Alejandro's death. Cata was. She ordered the bomb put on the plane and did not care that not only JC would die, but two innocent pilots.

It took me until Aguilar was in the hangar to realize he was none other than Johnny Corona, no longer a tieless dandy of a blubbering idiot.

"Several people know she blew up the plane." Yes, but only 2nd hand, and no one stepped forward to say, "she told me to do it." Alejandro found out, but he only told JC that "someone" put a bomb on the plane. We only got the proof when Aguilar showed up in the hangar and got the security camera photos. (Aren't we lucky we live in a world where cameras catch our ever move? Just Kidding.) But that still doesn't tell Aguilar who told the guy to plant the bomb. It could have been any one of several suspects, including Francisco. He knows she did, but he'd rather get away with her than rat on her, I'm pretty sure.

Can't wait til tonight! It better be a good wrap-up.
 

Anything in the universe could have prevented Vega from being there. He could have been caught in traffic.

No premeditated crime is ever foolproof. There could have been very bad weather so the plane couldn't take off or the bomb could have malfunctioned. The most important element of that one is that Catalina refuses to take responsibility for this.

Trust me that covering episodes like this isn't easy. YNCELH's last two weeks were almost hellish with the constant plot twists. I didn't expect this to be any different.
 

We thank you for your dedication, Urban. Truly we do. I find recapping just one night a week too much. Your recaps never flag and the visuals add so much to the story.
 

Gracias. I hope I can get tonight's up in a reasonable time because the holiday weekend tends to be distracting. I'm going to need a rest after this one because of all the screen grabs and other things. Every time I try to cut back on screen grabs I end up doing more.
 

You fit right in as a glutton for punishment with a lot of the rest of us.
 

I'm still in a state of shock over the finale.

Can't wait to read the recap!

Diana
 

Recap will be posted by 9AM. I have a few gaps I could not decipher which are designated as [???]. If anyone can identify what I couldn't make out, please say so so I can fix it.

Gracias.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder