Friday, April 10, 2020

Me Declaro Culpable #38, 4/9/20: Different day, same old fights


Short recap ahead cause I'm tired.

 Franco, Alba & Roberta- with some Tizano thrown in:

 As covered in yesterday's recap Roberta taunted Alba about killing her husband and Alba snapped and gave Roberta a well deserved smack across the face, Roberta threatens to destroy Alba-again. Who wants to keep count of how many times Roberta threatens to kill Alba? And omg why is Roberta still roaming free? Like if any of us threatened someone with death we would at the very least get a restraining order filed against us.

Also, this shows editing sucks. Next thing we know Tizano is demeaning Franco for still working for his father in law (we have heard this same fight before) and Franco counters with "yeah, but I have a good reputation, and I don't have to lie and cheat to win cases, and if you two want to claim I hit Roberta go to it".

Margarita breaks down and confesses to Natalia that she lied, Franco never hit Roberta and the only reason she lied was because Roberta threatened her job.


We get another scene of Mauro being mean to Julian and I find that I enjoy Julian's pain too much for it to be healthy. Anyhoo, Paolo shows up and ruins all my fun. He tells Julian that Rufino has confessed that he was not the one who caused the accident and that he only took the fall because someone paid him off. Paolo wants to know if it was Julian who paid Rufino, Julian denies having anything to do with the payoff, their argument gets loud enough that it draws the attention of both Franco and Roberta. Franco dismisses everyone and tells Paolo that he will personally look into Rufino's claims.

Roberta is not a happy camper but neither is Julian and he finally fights back. He argues that he did everything that needed to be done and it's not his fault that Rufino spilled the beans. He also tells Roberta that if she wants save Natalia she should sacrifice herself and say that she was the one who ran over Paolo- they could even pay someone to say they witnessed the accident. Julian also tells her that he has evidence of the murder she committed and that when push comes to shove her mental issues and history of violence will sink her in court because no one will believe a word she says. Score one for Julian.

Alba goes back to work (does she ever actually work?) and finds Mauro drinking the smallest cup of coffee ever. He can tell that she's upset and she starts to cry *pause* ok, so maybe it's just me but I would not want to go to this place to have my coffee. The one employee is always crying and it's kind of a downer so I'd just take my business to my local Coffee Bean. I bet it would have a better vibe.

Alba tells Mauro that Roberta is giving her problems and Mauro is all like "yeah cause you're dating her husband and until they divorce he belongs to Roberta"- so Franco is like livestock now.

Mauro, upset that Roberta made Alba cry makes a beeline to Roberta's crib. He demands that Roberta leave Alba alone, Roberta wrongly assumes that he has a romantic interest in Alba, and this makes Mauro go over the edge. He slaps Roberta, then she starts talking about how he killed her mom, she grabs a knife and threatens to stab him with it. Mauro takes the knife away and then forces a whole bottle of medication down Roberta's throat. And now a rant from Princess Juju:

Clearly Roberta is unstable, clearly she needs medication and medical intervention, in fact I think she needs to be committed. I resent the fact that this show seems to imply that you can skip your medication for weeks and then just taking one dose will make you better. That is not how this works. That's not how any of this works. Also, Mauro is an abusive jerk.

Natalia finds Franco and apologizes for thinking that he was capable of hurting Roberta, he of course forgives her. Tizano overhears this conversation and alerts Roberta.

Katia shoots her shot with Paolo, she suggests that they could resume their relationship. Really Katia, really?

Ingrid shows up at Roberta's house looking for help with Mauro but Roberta doesn't care about the old man or his relationship issues with Ingrid, then Roberta fires Margarita.

Franco goes to see Rufino, or is it Romulo? Oh darn, I forgot. Anyhoo, the jailbird confirms that Julian paid him to lie about the accident, he thinks Julian did it in order to protect someone else, Franco believes this is possible.

Natalia comes home and confronts Roberta. Roberta says that Franco forced Margarita to lie, some doubt creeps into Natalia's mind and then she spots the cameras, she looks up old footage and finds video evidence of her mom injuring her own hand. Natalia has had it, she is moving out, and she does.

Alba gives an interview to the local news, she tells her story and is considered a hero.

That's it folks! Come back tomorrow for more of the same.

Labels:


Comments:
Totally agree with every personal observation as well as your exasperation with these characters and the editing. It's crazy. Scenes ratchet back and forth in a strange randomness and the conversations and disputes are endlessly repetitive. As for Roberta's amazing hair growth and change in color overnight, WHAT IS THAT ABOUT?

Liked this:


We get another scene of Mauro being mean to Julian and I find that I enjoy Julian's pain too much for it to be healthy. Anyhoo, Paolo shows up and ruins all my fun.

We're all enjoying Julian's pain, and I think we all agree that Paolo is a downer. He pretty much drags down any scene he's in.

Also agree with this observation:

Alba goes back to work (does she ever actually work?) and finds Mauro drinking the smallest cup of coffee ever. He can tell that she's upset and she starts to cry *pause* ok, so maybe it's just me but I would not want to go to this place to have my coffee. The one employee is always crying and it's kind of a downer so I'd just take my business to my local Coffee Bean. I bet it would have a better vibe.

These people are not fun to watch. Nor to listen to.

Especially liked this:


Alba tells Mauro that Roberta is giving her problems and Mauro is all like "yeah cause you're dating her husband and until they divorce he belongs to Roberta"- so Franco is like livestock now.

"Franco as livestock." I like it. And let's face it, wrong as it is, we often stupidly believe people "belong" to us, and owe us love and loyalty when we've done nothing to deserve it. The power of the Ego.

And got a big kick out of Natalia moving out. She threw about three t-shirts into that Barbie-Doll suitcase and then vamoosed. That won't last her even a day. Alas, she's a boring heroine, Paolo is a soggy, uninteresting hero and somehow we're supposed to keep caring about these two star-crossed mediocre lovers until the happy ending. Lord knows what that will be.

Enjoyed your recap PJJ. Did NOT enjoy the episode. You made it better though by sharing your snarky thoughts in our virtual family room. Thanks my friend.
 

Thanks, Princess Juju. This was a thankless episode.

I guess it shows our age but scenes weren't edited like this 20 years ago. They ran at least five minutes instead of 90 seconds. It bothers me that not only are short attention spans becoming more common, those who have them seem to consider us to be abnormal and even inferior.

Alba, you should have just walked out. The crazy bitch deliberately provoked you and you fell into the trap.

Natalia, okay, so you're not quite an idiot. Do the smart thing and tell your dad and abuelo.

Paolo, good timing.

Tizzy, you are no better than Carlos Ibarra. Your bank account is filled with blood money.

Roberta, Julian maybe getting smarter because it looks like he's fed up with you.

Katia, just give up.

Natalia, learn to close doors. Margarita will probably end up dead. You need to get out of that house even if you live in a file drawer like in Hong Kong.

Mauro, have you thought about how you're going to break the news when you get the test results?

Ingrid, don't expect Roberta's help. She hates the whole world, including you. But remember that you have something on her.

Bianca, Roberta respects nobody. We're not sure Alba going on television will help her.

Gabriel, get out of that house.

Alba, I hope most of your viewers are reasonable people because Roberta is out for your blood.

Mauro, hold off on the confrontation until you have proof. Then you can get her locked up.

Natalia, you just made a huge mistake. She will destroy your computer and then you.


 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

UA: Roberta must be on the longest winning streak ever by an Antagonist in the history of the Telenovela universe.
 

I don't think so. Catalina in the more recent Cuna de Lobos has to be the front-runner, especially because the producer didn't allow us to see her get caught in the end. She was responsible for more deaths than in the original.
 

OT Very funny article in the New Yorker this week on Fran Lebowitz and why she would never live anywhere but NYC. Just delightful from beginning to end. I thought of you UA even though the lady is not an opera fan.
 

Thank you for your recap, Princess JuJu, and the snark!! It was succinct and you got all of it. And ITA with you about Roberta’s medications. Yeesh, only in telenovelaland.

Something I’ve observed over the years in telenovelas is that a change of hairstyle (usually the main female protagonist) indicates a change in the character; un nuevo etapa. In this case, it is our main female antagonist. We will probably see Roberta ramp up the crazy from here on out.

It is still amazing that none of the characters have said anything to Roberta about her new hairstyle. I’m not a fan of it; it makes her look old.
With that longer hair, Berta seems to be wearing a little less eye makeup. I'm so bored I'm looking at the makeup.

- Roberta’s hand must be feeling all better in spite of the bandage and color. She squeezed Julian’s jaw and made him hurt, and than she slapped Natalia hard with that same hand.

- Mauro slapping Berta will bring on her vengeance against him.

- So Natalia easily knew how to access the security camera video files? Is Roberta the only person in that house who did not know about the cameras?

- Paolo making Julian step over his legs & wheelchair to get out the office doorway was fun to see.

Franco as "livestock" is, um, just baaaaa-d. ;-)
 

OT:

A little girl asked her mother, “How did the human race appear?” The mother answered, “God made Adam and Eve and they had children and so was all mankind made.”

Two days later the girl asked her father the same question. The father answered, “Many years ago there were monkeys from which the human race evolved.”

The confused girl returned to her mother and said, “Mom, how is it possible that you told me the human race was created by God, and Dad said they developed from monkeys?” The mother answered, “Well, dear, it is very simple: I told you about my side of the family and your father told you about his.”


 

Thanks for the recap, PJJ. We all feel your frustration and are just as confused as you. Mauro dumping a whole bottle of pills down Roberta's throat was just beyond the pale. I'm sorry, but my heart aches for her. She needs to be protected not only from herself, but from all the slap happy people around her.

Here's a list of the things I liked about this episode:

- the orange vase with the Bird of Paradise flowers



 

Thank you, Princess. Wow, the crazy just keeps coming..the mangled hand, the slapping, the new , long hair that nobody acknowledges, the villains watching the weepy interview , and Franco winning the blue ribbon in the prized livestock division . ( My friend Judy used to enter her Black Angus steer in the 4H contest at our local county fair every fall...none of them were named Franco , but She had a Caesar, a Brutus , and a Jethro. )

Sunny but very windy and 50 here. Okay , the Easter baskets are ready and the plastic eggs filled for the annual egg hunt. However, I will probably have to stay inside and watch through the sliding glass door as two of my grandgirls hunt for eggs and open their baskets.

Now to figure out what to do with the pound of ground chicken and chicken broth I was able to score.
 

Susanlynn:
Brown the ground chicken and season with Mexican Seasoning. Add tomatoes, black beans and corn. 0 Weight Watcher points!
 

Princes JuJu- You are the JuJu Queen to take on this episode in full stride. As I watched, I wondered what title would I have come up with. You and Doris came up with absolutely the right feeling for what followed.

I enjoyed your recap. Thank you. I enjoyed all the comments. Thank you. I enjoyed learning what to do with ground chicken. Thank you, RLO. (I'm making bread, as I type--waiting for the multi-grain, with oat bran and a variety of seeds added, to rise to perfection.)

Franco as livestock was my favorite (and he's certainly no longer a Blue Ribbon specimen), followed closely by Pao not getting out of the way for Julian to pass--I almost missed it.

UA, I love your targeted advice to these sorry-A**** bunch of characters. I felt most for Margarita because she's a nobody in this story and yet somehow has become crucial by suffering from the indignities that Bertie can unleash, including wiping up ice cubes and such from the floor after being fired. Can't say the writers aren't thinking up clever ways to demean their characters.

I bet they hated writing for this telenovela even though the premise Stevie sent us sounded so promising. (P.S. I never heard back from him. He either doesn't have Wi-Fi in the jungle or something has happened to him. I'm sure he would have written back.)

The Zoom Family Happy Hour went well. After a trial run early in the afternoon when I was able to get everything to work correctly, I was the only one who wasn't let in with the special password. They had to go public, just for me. No ZoomBombing, but my son and oldest grandson were punking the rest of us by changing their backgrounds and their labels. It was hysterical and funny. Everyone is safe and coping.

KIRBY: Thanks for your "comment." Laughter is the best medicine for cabin fever.
 

OT...Rosemary...that is the way i normally use ground chicken , and It is exactly what I did with the ground turkey I got the other day. However, I have no more kidney beans , so I browned the ground chicken and added sauteed mushrooms and onions and a can of chicken cream soup and milk . I can have it over spaghetti or rice . I have had to get creative with what is in my pantry. I still have most OF the food my daughter made me in the freezer plus meals I had made and froze before this mess .

Everybody stay well and safe and sane..


 

"When push comes to shove" JAJAJAJAJAJAJA I saw what you did there.
 

Blue--Who is pushing and shoving?

Note: The recap will go up sometime late tonight or early in the morning. I want to savor all the flavors as we inch toward El Fin.

Meanwhile, enjoy the Crimes of Fashion. Roberta is sure to win in all categories.
 

PJJ wrote, "Julian also tells her that he has evidence of the murder she committed and that WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE her mental issues and history of violence will sink her."
 

BlueL—How could I have missed that one! Bwaaahaaa!
 

Good thing we've got Blue. And my goodness, Anita, I will look forward to what you have to say about the implied "ménage a trois" we saw today. Yikes.
 

JudyB - yes! Gael seemed rather distracted the following day. ~snort~
 

Oooh La La, JudyB--You took the words right out of my recap and it's not even up yet!
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder