Friday, April 10, 2020

WEEKEND DISCUSSION 4/10/20: Crimes of Fashion, 7th Edition

It's been quite a while since we've gotten out the kitty litter to sling at the guilty parties in the world of fashion crimes. I anticipate a chorus of meows and a few hisses at some of these:

Silly neckwear is not limited to people who can't afford better.


The military theme is not Isabel's best look.

Rather frumpy dress for a resort wedding, isn't it?

Not exactly an office look, this is more suitable for the boudoir.

Sheer half-skirts belong in the manicomio, especially with clashing fabric and shoes.

The skin belt is not only tacky but passe.

"Miz Scarlett, yo' kain' show yo buzzom befo' tree o'clock."


Really, this wedding dress is just asking for trouble.

Hardly appropriate office wear for someone who purports to be a hotshot lawyer.

That netting and those sleeves look painful on that dress.  Not to mention that yellow attracts bees.  I hope she eats plenty garlic.

If Roberta Uzua wanted to attract attention she succeeded.  However, not the right kind.

Really, at your age?

Another proof that money can't buy class.

Flirty skirts should be a thing of the past.

Is she the reincarnation of a New Yorker with all that black?

Sorry, Sra Uzua; you won't get to dance flamenco, which is a good thing.

This is one of the worst combinations to date.

That's all for today, fashionistas, but we'll be back!  If you see any Class A felonies out there you know what to do.  Just take out your trusty smartphone to document the crime, send the evidence to us, and we will bring the charges.  Don't forget to follow us on Twitter #CeEFashionFelonies!

Susanna Cervantes-Quixote
Fashion Editor, Cosmopolitan en Español

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Hilarious! Maybe I spend too much time looking at the CC's, or maybe the fashion faux pas stand out more in a still picture, but I am delightedly shocked at what these people wore. And that lipstick!
 

I had trouble accessing photos of Leticia in PASL1, but I think we skewered her during that series.

Based on past series I think Daniela Castro is one of the prime victims of fashion torture. Everything she is ever dressed in shows her crazy.
 

UA..thanks for some giggles. We need them now. That last look was the one that made me say "yikes". I just don't get the short skirt,\ black booties fad. Even if you have great legs , this look is odd to me. The fashion department just be having a blast dressing Rob in the most outrageous rags they can find.
 

Super-fun! Thanks! I particularly love the whole series of head-devouring necklaces.

Speaking of tacky neckwear, did everyone catch Tiziano's louche ascot on MDC yesterday? As if we needed one more reason to distrust him...
 

Wonderful UA. Both the pictures and the captions. This really brings out the best in you.

JudyB, glad you can't see what I'm wearing right now
 

Just as a reminder, the programs are A Que No Me Dejas, El Color de la Pasion, Vino El Amor, Ringo, and Me Declaro Culpable.
 

Great compilation, Urban.

I've only seen MDC, so don't know the other characters, but that wedding dress....oh my. :-o

"Tiziano's louche ascot" That thing was ridiculous.

Roberta's outfit in the bottom picture is not flattering, at all. Bears mauled her skirt, those shoes are ridiculous, and that top makes the girls look bottom-heavy (no support whatsover.
 

Thanks, Urban. This was lots of fun.
 

Urban—Another masterwork. Thanks for the effort to bring us some laughs. Also, I’m grateful you gave us the names of the tns. My old brain strains to recall things that once upon a time I thought I’d never forget.
 

Except for VEA all these novelas were good. I hope there still are good ones to come.
 

Urban

You can't know how much I laughed and laughed!!!!
I had to run to the bathroom! You know, older women!!!!

OMG, the shots were so hysterical and a great way to take my mind off this chaos.

I've missed your 'Crimes of Fashion' so much. I'm not sure if you did one for 'Tres veces Ana' but all three Anas could have won the top award. The boobs that popped out could have been saved for Playboy.

I've promised myself I'll try to pucker up and see the one you did for Pasión y Poder. If I can close one eye and miss FC, I'll be okay. Nothing to rock my TBLMOE obsession.
 

The 6th edition covered Ana and most of AQNMD.
The 5th was Ana and Yago
4th was totally PyP
3rd was totally MIVAC
2nd had both MIVAC and PyP
1st was LQLVMR, UFCS, LQNPA, TdA, ENDA, and AdP (not many examples from any, but very representative)
 

Urban

I'm going to have so much fun revisiting each edition! It will be such a treat to remember my favorites:. AB and her lace short-shorts in AdP became quite boring and repetitive. Plus, I've never liked DZ since that novela. Does body physique qualify as a 'Crime of Fashion'? If so, DZ and his grotesque, bulging biceps win five stars!!!

It's crazy how an actor in one role can influence your telenovela watching preference. It's hard to see them flip-flop—from protagonist to antagonist and vice versa.
 

UA: Some of the Antagonists have terrible clothing attire.
 

Urban, such fun strolling down your Crimes of Fashion. Sabine Moussier's 1980s Flashdance look makes me think the Uni wardrobe department never sheds an outfit and recycles all.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder