Friday, April 17, 2020

Me Declaro Culpable #43, 4/16/20: Roberta gets help

Hi Patio Peeps, lets get down to tonight's recap:

Natalia is having flashbacks to the semi nice things that Julian did for her- she forgets the part where he drugged her drink in an attempt to date rape her and in turn caused her to run over Paolo causing him to become paralyzed. Minor details.

Gabriel: I hate recapping his scenes cause he annoys me. Anyways, Gabe is sad because he has leukemia and is angry that Ingrid hid this from him. Does he have leukemia or are his symptoms due to the drugs that Ingrid has been sneaking in his food? If his dad had leukemia then why did he have memory loss as one of his symptoms? Someone explain this to me! I diagnose this telenovela with a case of bad writing. I don't think it will make a full recovery #thoughtsandprayers.


Gabe is trying to connect with Alba but the second she doesn't give him 100% of her attention he leaves and shows up at Julieta's front door. Julieta is kind of over this and after some back and forth she asks Gabe to go play outside or to download an app to play on his phone, but whatever he does he needs to leave her alone, to make her point really clear she gives him a slap on the face, like a wonder puppy Gabe leaves and promises not to bother her any more. Yay, freedom!

Sidebar: Margarita Magana is fantastic.

Roberta is again harassing Alba and blaming her for everything that has gone wrong in her life- she asks Alba if she believes in karma and then makes a veiled threat against Gabriel. Thankfully Franco shows up and takes Roberta home.  Guys, by the time Roberta gets home she is a hot mess, her mascara is running, her hair is a mess and Franco finally puts his foot down. I really think he dealt with the situation perfectly. He was not angry and he treated Roberta with kindness, he told her that things could not continue as they were, she was putting other people and herself in danger and it had to stop. He told her she had two options: Go into the hospital voluntarily or he would get a court order and force her into treatment. Roberta begged not to be sent to the hospital and promised to start taking her medication, she spilled all the contents in her bag, revealing the gun she had been carrying with her, thankfully Franco managed to take the gun from her- he also learned that she had been taking the wrong medication.

The next morning Franco helps Roberta into the shower, the poor thing things they are going to lunch and soon realizes her mistake. She calls Tizano and alerts him to Franco's plan. Roberta of course tries to get out of going to the hospital and when Tizano arrives he convinces her that it is best if she goes, and so she does. I'm surprised the maid is still working there, that girl needs hazard pay.

Franco meets with Alba and tells her that Roberta is in the hospital and that he will personally oversee her treatment, oh and by the way Ingrid and Tizano are working to have her probation revoked. Blanca glares from the sidelines.

I call this section things I don't care about but still have to recap:

I guess Ingrid really likes Julian because she has been visiting him every day.

We get a flash forward (yasss less to recap!) of three weeks, Blanca is pregnant y'all. I don't think she wants to be.

Ingrid once again shows up to visit Julian, she tells Natalia that although Julian is out of ICU there's only a very small chance he will recover because everyday his heart grows weaker and weaker. Natalia goes off to get lunch and the moment she leaves Julian opens his creepy little eyes, Ingrid fills him in on everything: he is in the hospital, Roberta is fine and if he wants to keep Natalia around he better pretend to still be in bad shape.

Franco visits Roberta and she looks better, she is taking her medication and her doctor believes she will be okay.

That's it for tonight folks. I'm glad to report that I did not need to drink to get through this recap!

Labels:


Comments:
Loved every single annoyed word of your recap PJJ (your moniker always makes me think of peanut butter and jelly for some reason)

Lots of gems, like this....


Natalia is having flashbacks to the semi nice things that Julian did for her- she forgets the part where he drugged her drink in an attempt to date rape her and in turn caused her to run over Paolo causing him to become paralyzed. Minor details.


Gabriel: I hate recapping his scenes cause he annoys me.

I'm surprised the maid is still working there, that girl needs hazard pay.


I call this section things I don't care about but still have to recap:

... and the moment she[Natalia] leaves Julian opens his creepy little eyes

Hard to pick a favorite, but "creepy little eyes" was definitely a contender, right up with "things I don't care about but still have to recap:"

Glad you didn't have to turn to booze like our crazy pinball machine Roberta, wreaking havoc wherever she bounces (thanks Susanlynn).

Have a great day Princess Peanut Butter and Jelly. You started mine off right.



 

Gracias, Princess Juju.

Gabriel, end this call now! Don't JADE. Ingrid is more toxic than strychnine, and tell your mother yesterday.

Roberta, Nobody can steal what doesn't belong to you, Franco is not your property.

Natalia, Ingrid is just as loca and peligrosa as your mother. She might even kill Julián.

Julián, as bad as you are I wsh you were concious to hear Ingrid's ravings.

Franco, do not try reasoning with someone who has none. Roberta doesn't want to get well and has no regard for anyone else... or the law.

Roberta, I am done with you. You listen to nothing but your own delusions. You only want to spread your misery around.

Tizzy, Did you really have a lightbulb moment about Roberta? I'd like to think so, but I still have doubts.

Gabriel, don't make life harder for Julieta... or yourself.

Mauro, tread lightly with Alba.

Gabriel, get out o that house now!

Bianca, see a doctor now!

Three weeks later,,,

Natalia, don't accept any food from Ingrid.

Mauro, don't believe Roberta. This is an act.

Franco, see the above. Also, hire a nurse, preferably one named Ratched.

Ingrid, forget about getting Natalia. Get the doctor.

Roberta is still acting and Franco should consider that possibility.
 

Loved this UA.

Franco, see the above. Also, hire a nurse, preferably one named Ratched.
 

I wonder how many nurses in places like that become like Nurse Ratched after a tour of duty.
 

Good morning, all. The sun is shining here, and I hope that it is shining where you are.

Princess, your recaps are appreciated, especially the laughs you bring . We need laughter , especially now.

Wow, Rob just keeps spreading around her unique violent crazy. Daniela seems to be a method actor who really gets into the role. She gets pretty physical, and I wonder if the other actors ever get fearful they will get a couple bruises for real.

Trouble trouble trouble , but Alma still looks like she's ready for a sock hop at the soda shoppe. Why must I be a teenager in love (Dion and the Belmonts).
 

"Creepy little eyes"....an accurate description ...but I would add " beady. "

Did Bianca get pregnant from that one romp with Gael and friend ? Gael es muy potento. Forgive me. I had to go there. That's some bad luck considering she prefers women ...who cannot make you pregnant. #irony
 

Thanks, PJJ -- you're definitely bringing dessert to the party.

My faves:

-- She gives him a slap on the face, like a wonder puppy.

-- I'm surprised the maid is still working there, that girl needs hazard pay.

-- I'm glad to report that I did not need to drink to get through this recap!

And the grand prize winner...

-- I diagnose this telenovela with a case of bad writing. I don't think it will make a full recovery #thoughtsandprayers.
 

I can't believe BIANCA got the 9-month fainting disease -- although I admit it was a big surprise! I hope this doesn't magically turn Gael into a domesticated male and Bianca into an overnight heterosexual. WRITERS, DON'T GO THERE.

UA, I was assuming that Tiz advised Roberta to go willingly because it's always easier to get OUT if you're not involuntarily put IN. But that's in the US, not sure about Alternate Mexico.

Susanlynn, too funny about Dion & The Belmonts. Now you've given me an earworm.
 

Thanks PJJ! So good! My favorite was "I diagnose this telenovela with a case of bad writing", and the follow-up with "#thoughts and prayers" was just hysterical! You also cracked me up with "I call this section things I don't care about but still have to recap."

Julian was holding awful still there. I think paralysis could be the karma we've been waiting for. Of course, waking from a coma and seeing Ingrid's big face right there, is pretty scary too.

I thought Roberta actually looked younger with most of her make-up off. How many hours did she walk around with that residual mascara though? It was quite the evil enhancement.

Maybe Bianca, with her preference for women, never really embraced the idea of having children. It may grow on her. I can see her and Gael having an unconventional open relationship, maybe even marriage, that could work for them.
 

Thank you for your recap, Princess Juju, and the snark, starting right off the bat with…

“she forgets the part where he drugged her drink in an attempt to date rape her and in turn caused her to run over Paolo causing him to become paralyzed. Minor details.”
and
“I diagnose this telenovela with a case of bad writing. I don't think it will make a full recovery #thoughtsandprayers.”

Bianca pregnant was a surprise. Irony, indeed.

Ingrid's caring ministrations to Julian were so smothering even I was having trouble breathing. Maybe Javier pulled his own plug just to be rid of her.

 

RlaO, I did notice that Julian was only moving his lips, but I assumed his jaw was wired shut. Which is an improvement, anyway.
 

OT...Blue Lass, I am a big Dion fan. My best friend told me that if I go before she does, she's going to play " Runaround Sue" at my funeral. A few years ago, Hub and I saw Dion ( minus the Belmonts) in two concerts . He. Was. Fantastic . When he sang "Runaround Sue " , I nearly fell out of my balcony seat. I must have had that wild and crazy Ingrid \Rob look .
 

Ha Runaround Sue! That's funny! You mean that look we all seem to be sporting on the antibacterial wipes aisle during Senior hours at the grocery store?
 

OT..Rosemary..yes..exacty...that's the one. Today is my best friend 's birthday, and she just sent me a photo of her gift from a neighbor...a roll of toilet paper and a box of tissues. Better than flowers and jewels these days . Birthday activity....having the maintenance men over..to fix her water heater and Her brother stopped by...to have her cut his hair. What a surreal dimension we have fallen into.
 

PJJ--You were ablaze with this recap. I loved every word. It sounded so breezy and forthcoming, but I know better. Humor and snark take work. Kudos.

There are no words to further describe Ingrid. Doris, your comment about Javier pulling his own plug to stop her from being so annoying can't be topped. BLUE--CAN YOU SHAPE THIS INTO A WORTHY SIDEBAR COMMENT?

I had some important errands to run today and just got home. Heading for the DVR. Will probably post on Saturday, so keep the comments rolling along here.
 

Sidebar it is! Always taking nominations...
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder