Friday, April 28, 2006

Kay's synopsis of "María la del Barrio," a Fernando Colungo novela

From the comments. By the way, anybody who wants to recap ANY telenovela, once or meny times, is welcome to be a member. If you're a "La Fea" fan, have at it! Just let me know...

Anyway, here's Kay's report on an earlier Colunga epic:

For those who really need a Fernando fix, I just discovered that Galavision is doing a rerun of María la del Barrio. This is a telenovela that Fernando did with Thalia about ten years ago. It is the last of a trio of Thalia telenovelas. Fernando was in all of them, but in this one he finally became the leading man. [More.]

I didn't watch it the first time around because I can't stand Thalia (I watched Marimar, and that was enough). But he must have liked her because they had a romance that lasted well over a year.

Anyway, here in Chicago it is on at 3:00 in the afternoon. I think it has just started.

Maria is from the ghetto, and her godmother has just died, which leaves her totally alone. The priest manages to place her with a wealthy family, I guess as a servant, but the man of the house treats her as if he is her mentor or protector. She even eats at the table with the family. Today (my first episode) he takes her shopping for clothes and even buys her two baby goats. Needless to say, she has totally upended the household, to the point that the wife has gone to the priest to try to get her removed because she thinks her husband is in love with her. At this point everyone in the household, including the help, is against her. Fernando plays one of the sons. For those of you who love to see his body, I think it will be on display a lot here. I have only seen today's episode, but already he has appeared in a skimpy bathing suit and shorts with no shirt -- looking good!!!


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Labels: ,


Comments:
actually in the US, MLDB is on Telefutura; in Mexico and Spain it is on Galavision. Unfortunately I don't receive Telefutura on my television so I can't enjoy watching this old one of FC's again. The one time I did see it, Univision aired it at midnight several years ago. And yes, FC is quite sexy in his speedo. ;)
 

I didn't realize that Galavision and Telefutura are different (you learn something everyday). Maybe they split at some point, and I just didn't notice. They are both part of Univision I think. I'm sorry anonymous doesn't have access, and I hope other people do and, even more important, access to Telemundo. I have checked the night shows on that channel, and there is nothing I want to watch at this time. But once in awhile they put on one from Brazil, and they are really good (at least those I have seen, Xica and El Clon). They are in Portuguese but dubbed in Spanish for the US. Telemundo also has telenovelas from other countries, like Venezuela and Argentina. Right now I am checking those that are on during the day on whatever channel. Sometimes there is a long dry spell, but these things are turning over all the time. Something good will turn up soon.
Que tenga paciencia. Kay
 

Kay -
there are two galavisions now - Univision network has Univision, Galavision and Telefutura; Televisa also has their own Galavision network (aftermath from the seemingly never-ending feud between Televisa and Univision). I have DirecTV satellite so right now the only channels I have are the two main Univision channels as well as HITN (new independent network based in Arizona I think) and Once TV International (Mexico City's PBS network).

One question - can you also watch Nunca Te Olvidare? I know from glancing at the Televisa Galavision site that this other drama with FC and Edith Gonzalez is also airing on that channel.

J.R.
 

I can't get Nunca Te Olvidare on my local Galavision/Telefutura Channel. But in looking for it I discovered that they are showing Ramona at 5:00 in the morning. Someone was interested in seeing that one. I will check that out to see how far along they are. Kay
 

Ramona is ending in two weeks. The telenovela taking its place is El Precio de Tu Amor (starting 5/15 on Galavision/Telefutura at 5:00 a.m. here. It was made in 2000, and stars Eduardo Santamarina and Yadhira Carrillo (Maite in Barrera) among others.

There are two others starting on Galavision/Telefutura. This afternoon at 4:00 Amor a Palos starts. It was made in Venezuela. This Wednesday, Mi Destino Eres Tu starts at 6:00 a.m.
This was made in 2000 and stars Lucero. It was the last telenovela she made before Alborada (she spent 5 years having two children in between). This one has real possibilities. It has an exceptionally promising cast, and Lucero is usually good at picking telenovelas. Kay
 

Great blog!!
Quick question...has Telefutura aired older novelas? From the very early 90's?

I would LOVE to see "Muchachitas" again :(. Or my favourite yet underrated "Retrato de Familia".

Great television, I invite u all to visit my blog for equally informative tidbits on life and pop culture
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder