Tuesday, October 03, 2006

just to introduce myself

As a new member of the summary recap committee, I thought I would introduce myself before "Mundo de Fieras" starts.

My Biography in brief:
Name: Jody Renee
Nickname: J.R.
Horoscope: Libra; Sheep/Goat
Hometown: West Des Moines, Iowa, U.S.A.
Hobbies: fishing, boating (I have my own motorboat), geneology, history, photography
Favorite food: mexican and italian
Favorite colors: pink and purple
Heroes: my parents
Occupation: I was a production assistant/grip/gaffer but currently I am an unpaid assistant with the Iowa Jewish Historical Museum here in central Iowa.
Telenovelas I've seen: I have seen just about all the telenovelas Fernando Colunga has done so far in his career. I have sat through and actually done summary recaps for his three historicals (Alondra, AR and Alborada) and the last episodes for two of his other ones (La Ursurpadora and Esmeralda). Alborada was the first novela that I did without translating to spanish before posting - which saved me a lot of time and craziness - so now I am looking forward to the challenge of summarizing the episodes of a non-Colunga novela for the first time. (I did the spanish recaps for Fernandos' forum on univision.com; the Alborada recaps were for the Yahoo group alboradafan.)

See ya' - I'll try to post my summary as soon as I can, although I don't type as fast as I used to.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Thanks for always updating the Alborado board on Telenovela World. You keep me well informed!
 

Welcome J.R.! I am doing a couple concerts this month for the Jewish Historical Society of South Carolina and my daughter used to work for the Center of Southern Jewish Life in Jackson MS, so I'm happy to see there's a Jewish museum in Iowa too!
 

What is ''Alondra''about? Fernando is my favorite telenovela star. I've seen ''Alborada'' and ''Amor Real,'' but I've never herad of the other telenovela.Susanlynn
 

bw and melinama - you're welcome.

anonymous and anyone else interested - here is the page of alma-latina.net with the information on Alondra (synopsis, cast, comments, photos). Most of the information is in english.

http://www.alma-latina.net/Alondra/Alondra.shtml

J.R.
 

Jody Renee: congrats on your advancement in your Spanish resúmenes for Uni!! I also did those for Amor Real, Amar Otra Vez and Amarte Es Mi Pecado foros when they had their formal nights assigned for the general foros, so I can fully appreciate the ability to finally be able to write without having to translate it first! Though rusty now, reaching that pinnacle was a heady feeling of accomplishment. Thanks for turning me onto the Caray! website by the way. :>)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder