Wednesday, January 05, 2011

La Fea Más Bella #155-156 1/5/11 Four cookies crumble: a smart cookie, a tough cookie, a fortune cookie, and a cookie monster

Capitulo 155.
Read Amanda’s original recap, then come back here to discuss it.

1. Luigi works Irmita to exhaustion and she faints. He cries and begs her to be okay. He reacts as if it were his own mother, and he knows he pushed her too hard.

2. Fern is getting very drunk at his desk. He tells Omar that Tom asked Lety out, and she is almost dying from emotion. (Boy howdy!) He says she can do what she wants, but he’s going to sit right here until she gives him that balance.

3. Fern kicks in Lety’s door. See the transcript. He tells her she’s driving him crazy, and she’s not leaving until they finish the balance. He says he’s the new Fernando she has created. He forces a kiss and she yields (what a kiss!), but Caro comes in and sees them and then leaves quickly.

4. Lety finds Caro with the crowd attending Irmita. She fantasizes that in front of everyone, Caro rebukes her for kissing her boss, expressing her worry that Caro will tell Marcia what she saw considering that they’re good friends. Caro assures her, “I know nossing!” and she agrees that Lety needs to get away. Caro asks if Lety’s novio is waiting for her, and Lety says intensely, “I don’t have a novio.”

5. Omar warns Fernando to control his emotions or he’s headed for disaster. Omar says (loosely), “I don’t know if you’re lying to yourself or only to me, but we both know that what’s upsetting you is not the balance but what Lety is doing with Tom. It desarreglar (to disrupt, to mess up as hair) your life. You need to fight against your feelings. The meeting is almost here, and I don’t want my president in sentimental chaos.”

6. Ariel’s toady Olarte reports that the owner of FI is Leticia.

7. Lety tells Tom, “Game over.” See the transcript. She says she’ll be gone by this weekend, and Tom needs to break up with Alicia before the committee meeting as well.

8. Fernando ask Lety’s chair (loosely), “Why do you want to destroy my life? I wrote that I’m willing to cancel the wedding for you and you don’t care. You won’t even tell me what’s wrong. Thanks for everything.”


Capitulo 156.
Read k-Fuego’s original recap, then come back here to discuss it.

1. Lety goes to visit Irma who is on bed rest. Fernando calls to check on Irma, but his main focus is finding out that Lety is there with Tomás. Tom mourns his loss of Alicia.

2. Fernando pulls up to his parents’ house, and he feels like he’s going to the executioner, between Marcia’s talk about her wedding and his parents’ relentless questions about the company. He concludes, “I don’t want to be here. I’m going to where I do want to be.”

3. At Irmita’s, Fern and Tom give each other the stink-eye. He has no patience for Marcia’s call. Lety gets into her car, but Fernando drags her into his car instead, and he says (loosely), “We’re going someplace so we can talk calmly and alone. Stop this game. You love me, right? You love me like I love you. So leave this guy and come with me. I’m dying over you. I love you.” Tom yells at Fern to leave her alone.

4. Fern screams at Tom that he’s a criminal and he’s exploiting Lety. Tom protests that the money they spent is from the profits they earned. Fernando says, “Fine. Keep the money. But not Lety. Leave her for me.” Tom refuses. He takes off his glasses and starts swinging wildly at Fernando, but Fern easily weaves out of his way, but then Tom connects with a punch to the face. Fern says, “You asked for it,” and gives Tom a solid roundhouse in the face. Once he starts, he can’t stop. Two more roundhouses until Tom slumps to the ground.

5. The sight of Tom’s bloodied face shocks Fernando. He tells Lety, “I love you. I love you and I’m going crazy.” Tom comes back for more. The cuartel hears the noise and comes out into the street. Lety pulls Tom off and Saimon tries to pull Fern off. Fern grabs Tom and screams, “Neither you nor anyone else is going to take Lety from me.” He winds up but Saimon grabs his arm. Fern throws Saimon to the ground and screams at him to not interfere. Lety steps up, screams “Quiete!” and slaps Fern hard, while all the cuartel watches.

6. Driving home, Lety tells Tom it wasn’t jealousy, it was fear for his company. He only wants her so she’ll doctor the balance. She says, “I’ll never forgive him.”

7. Fernando sits on the curb outside Irmita’s with his flask and says, “What have I done? My jealousy is killing me.” He tells Marcia that he’s going home and not going to his parents’ house. He yells at her, “Dejame en paz!”


Spanish Lesson

In the Cave.
F: Did you finish the balance yet?
L: No, I’ll finish it tomorrow.
F: Tomorrow? Since we have sooo much time, right? No, that won’t work. You have to finish it, right here, right now.
L: Perdon. They’ve already come for me. They’re waiting.
F: Ha! They came for you? How nice. You’d prefer to leave with him than finish your work?
L: I’m very tired. I want to leave.
F: No, you’re not tired. What you want is to torment me, to make me crazy.
L: You’re mistaken. Good night. (She tries to leave. He blocks her path.)
F: No, don’t leave. No, because I’m getting tired of this situation. And sick of it. You’re going to stay here with me. Together we’re going to finish the balance.
L: Someone will find out. (He kisses her forehead and she tries to push him away.)
F: What do I care if they find out? You want to provoke that, don’t you? You want something terrible to happen here, don’t you? Because that’s what’s happening. You want to drive me crazy? Perfect. This is the new Fernando, the one you created. Who can yell if he feels like it. Who can kiss you if he feels like it. Who can do what he wants with you.
He tries to kiss her. She says no and tries to push him away, but he overpowers her and kisses her. Carolina walks in and sees them, and she leaves. Lety saw Caro, but she goes back to kissing Fernando. What a kiss! When he shoots his arm behind her back it just floors me.

Lety and Tom in the Car.
L: It’s over. Se acabó. I’m not going to continue this absurd game tormenting Fern because the one who loses is me. I don’t even know what I’m doing. Someone important in Conceptos found out that there’s something between Fernando and me. Everything is exploding. I’m killing him and I’m killing myself. I gain nothing, trying to cause jealousy in a man who doesn’t love me. (Painfully.) I’m making him crazy. He’ll do anything to get the fake balance. He swears he loves me. He promises he’ll cancel the wedding. He follows me. Today he kissed me in the office. As much as I try to reject him, I just can’t. I can’t resist him. All I’m doing is making myself look ridiculous. I’ve lost my way. Everything I’m doing to torment him is ridiculous and stupid. I’m not the same Lety I was before. I feel like an aggressive woman. Like a clown. Without my compass. A low class atrevida (bold in a bad way) nutcase. Now I know I was wrong to buy this car. To spend a wad like that in a luxury restaurant. We’re not like that, Tomás. We’re making ourselves rediculous.
T: I’m secure in this. I don’t feel ridiculous.
L: Sí, Tomás. I’m playing games with Fernando, the families, the companies. You’re playing a millionaire with that woman. But the worst thing is, they are all laughing at us. I’m sure she’s laughing at you. Enjoy your dream while you can. It’ll be done by the weekend. I’m not going to be here for the wedding. And by then you need to be out of her life.

Labels:


Comments:
Finally some action! Please clear this up for me: During the fight, when the cuartel was outside and Simon was trying to pull Fern away from Tom, did Fern yell to Tom that he wasn't going to take Lety away from him? Is that why the girls were giving him strange looks before going back inside? Espec. Sara. The girls think Tom is her novio. So what did Fern mean when he said Tom wasn't going to take Lety away from him. Did I understand that part? Or did I get it wrong?
Thanks Paula!!
Diann
P.S. I'm so dumb, I can't figure out who is each "cookie" Could you tell us? Very cute title though.
 

Diann, before the "audience" came out, Fern told Tom, "Keep the money. Keep all the money. But leave Lety alone. Leave her for me."

After the cuartel was outside, Fern says, "Nobody, nor you, is going to take Lety from me." Simon stops him from hitting Tom again. Fern throws Saimon to the ground. Fern says, "Nobody interferes with this fight!" Then Lety slaps him.

Now one I didn't understand. Lety tells the cuartel Tom doesn’t want to come inside, and Luigi says something about him not being a big deal like Jaime Camil. There’s a word I can’t catch, and I suspect it’s Luigi’s English. The closest I can get is, “We weren’t even talking about the [lumplu azul] that Jaime Camil had. Not everyone with a sports car…” Did anyone catch the garbled word? My guess is that it’s a car Jaime used to own. But I don't have that in my dossier on him - jiji! Motos, yes, cars, no.
 

Oh! I forgot. The cookies.
Irmita is a smart cookie, always sharing words of wisdom.
Lety is a tough cookie, enduring all the abuse all her life, all the disappointments, all the heartbreak, and still standing.
Tom is a fortune cookie because of his apparant wealth.
And the cookie monster - well, I'm sure you know who turned into a monster today.
All four of them crumbled today. Irmita and Tom, physically. Fernando and Lety passed their emotional breaking point.
 

Here's what I think Lugi said, but I could be wrong "Oh for god's sake it is not like we are talking about the ultra plus man (referring to thomas)or even Jaimie camil. Not every one who has a sports car is like the prince of wales" (In Spanish Gales is Wales). I think tha's loosely what he was saying.
 

That was one powerful episode today. I can't believe that Lety smacked Fernando and smacked him so hard. I felt sorry for him. He was in shock afterwards and was crying. Fern now realizes that he truly loves Lety but he has played so many games with her that she can't believe him anymore. She'll leave to protect herself and him. He won't marry Marcia because, even though he's been quite the cad, he won't be able to bring himself to marry and be with anyone but Lety. She, on the other hand, will run - my guess - and run far away. The scenes today were so emotional and great acting by Lety and Fern. When he kissed her in the office, it was hot; it was passionate; and it was desperate. Fern has hit rock bottom and when Lety goes, I don't think he'll have the heart to be Conceptos' president. I go back to work on Monday, so I'm setting this to record. Now I understand why everyone was atwitter about La Fea being shown again. What a show! And Jaime Camil has quite the comic touch. Must be hard working with him since he takes liberties with the script. It reminds me of the old Carol Burnett show when Harvey Korman and Tim Conway would do the same.
 

Oh and thank you Paula for the great episodes today. I was reading all the comments from Amandas original recap and there really was some great discussions.
Especially regarding the kiss.
 

Paula,
What Luigi said was, Oh for god sakes its not we are talking about the ultra plus man, he's not a GALAN like Jaime Camil.
It was an inside joke to the audience. A Galan in TN land is, you know, hunk, hot, lead actor.
Diann
 

Lety was wrong to try to take revenge on Fernando. But already she has learned her lesson. She realized that she was only hurting herself. After the betrayal, she tried to find the path to recovery. It was the wrong path, but she had to LEARN that it was the wrong path. Remember that when Miguel betrayed her, she hid in her room and gave up on love. That was the wrong path too. So she doesn't know HOW to recover, but she's going to keep trying. Now that she knows revenge is not the answer, she’s ready to try another path.

Whereas I don't see Fernando making much progress. He knows he was wrong to lose control and punch out Tom. But does he know he was wrong in how he treated Lety at Meson? Does he know he was wrong when he broke his promise to cancel the wedding? Does he know that he's wrong to beg for Lety's love when he hasn't made a firm decision to cancel the wedding?

Lety regrets her mistakes and is learning from them, so she has opened the door to recovery. Fernando, OTOH, still is blind to his flaws (and they are BIG), so he still has much to learn. He who will not be ruled by the bridle will be ruled by the bit.
 

Jaime Camil's acting has been great and we can feel his torment about everything going wrong in his life. Am enjoying these tense episodes. Still lurking and watching when I have the opportunity on the tele and YouTube and thanks to all.

GinCA
 

Wow, what an episode!! I didn't fast forward through much of it today. Even Irmita and the cuartel were interesting.

BarbaraM, you are a newbie too? Hooray! I'm not the only one!!

The argument between Fernando, Tomas and Lety was high drama indeed and quite mesmerizing. The actor who plays Tomas really held his own with Camil, kudos to him. Luigi was astounding too.

Awesome screen shot today! Paula, thank you for the recap and the links to the original recaps.

Excuse me, I have to go cogitate over all that happened today...
 

I too "enjoyed" today's episodes. There was emotion sometimes overwrought but I like how human these characters are portrayed. Camil and Vale are amazing in running the gamut from goofy to tender to disgusting to just plain pathetic. This is what I like about well-developed characters you can feel their desperation, their joys, their anguish. I do agree with Paula that Letty is trying to grow and move on, it does show maturity. But Paula you are also right about Fernando not yet getting it. In real life someone like Fern would just move on but only in stories like these do we see him struggle with his feelings. So Greek tragedy!! I do think that for him conceptos is more than family, obligation, rivalry with Ariel, etc. He never earned the position of president but got it through charm and lies. We never hear about him working his way to the top and I am not sure I remember him doing any job before becoming president. Chasing models does not count! so I think deep down he knows he does not deserve to be president and is smart to realize his shortcomings, after all he appreciated Lety's business acumen, but facing them is another matter. So for him he has to hold on to the illusion that he is fit to be president or what else does he have?
Jenn
 

Paula, didn't you say one time that you didn't do titles? You have certainly proven yourself wrong. This one was fantastic and very original. You seem to have been on a roll lately with clever titles.
 

Thank you, Sylvia. You'll be disappointed with today's title. The well ran dry. BTW, I know you're not the only one new to Fea here on the board. Let's ask on Thurs's page and see who's new and who's a veteran.
 

IF Fernando's background is same as Armando's, the son has been working several years as executive at the company while dad was still president... so when he gets the presidency, he rises to the top and in the case of LFMB I believe Omar became the VP... in YSBLF Mario, Omar's counterpart, was already the commercial/marketing VP. but just one of several VPs. in Conceptos Omar is the only VP, Marcia is the executive producer and the other managers are just that, managers. SO Fernando is supposed to have several years working as executive but not in the finance area. More PR area.
OAN, I agree with everyone, but this was also one of the great challenges for JEA in YSBLF, we hear Fernando's thoughts... we do not in YSBLF, JEA had to use his ability of facial expression and body language to state to the audience what he was feeling/thinking. Not to take anything away from Jaime Camil, he is great here too... but LFMB is meant to be more lighthearted and not make the audience work as hard in figuring out what everyone is thinking, feeling or meaning.
 

I think the cuartel had very shocked faces both by what Fernando said before the slap and also by Letty daring to slap the President of Conceptos... (remember, they don't know the background of the Lety/Fernando story)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder