Thursday, December 07, 2006

La Fea Más Bella #161 12/6/06 Songs of Meaning, Useless Dance and a Borracha

We open at the Cannes celebration with a film collage promoting Conceptos. It sounds like something you’d hear in the auditorium at an aquarium or a museum exhibit on a school trip. It shows an excerpt of the Bella Life and other commercials (and I thought I saw Yasmin, grrr) and the narrator describes the 30 year experience of the business in which they have grown to be one of the most important production houses in the country, with a great team of collaborators that have combined their talent and boldness to provide what their clients would only deserve, the highest quality that won them the Gold Lion Award at the Cannes Festival. There is no doubt that this Mexican firm promises to expand beyond our borders to the foreign market. Soon we’ll see the works of Conceptos all over the world. Humberto says how splendid, Teresita what a great night, we are so proud of you! Marcia asks to borrow Fer‘s cell phone, she says she wants to call Ariel. Fer remarks how much Marcia is drinking, more than he’s ever seen her drink before. She tells him she’s not drunk, she’s just drinking to see if she can understand him better. He smirks and gives it to her.

Ana Leticia talks to Bore and asks if she can confess something, she tells him about her many surgeries and he says he can’t tell at all, that she looks perfect. She’s like Copperfield, magic, magic, magic. She tells him she had three liposuctions at the same time, can he imagine?

Back stage, Luigi walks in with Hanna and Ashley. Luigi asks them if they are nervous and they say no. He asks if there is anything he can get for them and in unison they say no thanks. He jokes and makes them say it again. He tells them how talented they are and asks if they ever thought of having him, Luigi Lombardi make a video with them. They said they would love that. He then begs them to sing Soy Mujer, and they all sing it together. How cute, they love him. He loves them. Ahhhhh!

Marcia walks away with the cell phone she finds the number calls it and realizes it was Lety. She hangs up on her. She tells herself of course that Fer must be checking up on the balance with that fool. Then Ariel shows up, he makes sure to mention that he’s not there to watch her boyfriend win an award, he’s there only because T&H demanded it. He asks where Lety is. Marcia says she doesn’t know, around somewhere. Santiago walks in and greets him, Marcia groans at him and walks away. Ariel asks how the finances are going, and Santiago says well, they have a bond worth 26 million dollars. This pleases Ariel who congratulates him.

We are treated to an amateur, very amateur Rockettes show back in the salon. That seemed a bit useless to the event but, whatever. Fer asks Marcia if she got in touch with Ariel and she said no, he’s here now. Fer essentially begs her to stop drinking and takes away her champagne. She instantly grabs another from between T&H.

Ana Leticia continues to discuss her surgery with Bore with a flower in his hair. Marcia is introduced to him and is polite but tells them Ana Leticia has to come with her because Ari is here and she hasn’t greeted T&H yet. Once they leave, Bore tells his cameraman (now that guy is a true feo) that he hopes that she doesn’t come back over because all she talked about was Liposuction and surgery and Botox and he thinks the only thing she hasn’t done is her stomach. I think he wishes she’d staple her mouth. She’s crazy!

Back at Conceptos the cuartel has given up on waiting with PM. Sara was sleeping and dreaming about a non-existent Novio and Lola has to go home to get her children from Juanita, who has to get home by herself and the metro is going to close. Simon tells Lola to take Sara because if Lola goes with Sara then she will scare away all the thieves anyway. Sara retorts that the only one who is going to be in trouble is Paula Maria if she stays here with that jerk.

Then we flash to an 80’s ish suggestive pseudo rock number that Abitchia ends up crashing out at the end. This number, I guess, was at least pleasing to the male audience I suppose. Santiago remarks at how lovely she is. Ariel says how much do you want to spend. If you have 50,000 pesos, you can spend the night with her. She overhears and goes to smack Ari.


Sarah pounds on the door of Lopez to ask if they can all go. Just when they think maybe he’s asleep and they can sneak out, he opens. PM asks if she can finish tomorrow. He jokes that maybe she could finish the next day, or next week. He yells at them and says no, you must finish today. She tells him she wouldn’t finish until 5 am! He says well I’m in the same boat. Simon sticks up for her and tells him to stop yelling at them. Roller Derby chick busts out and also yells for him to stop yelling and to show respect. He says his problem isn’t with her. He doesn’t want problems with her (of course not, she could take him in a second). He goes back in with a squeak of his bald cranium. PM tells them not to worry about it and to go home. They will but Sara tells Simon not to fall asleep or even blink because Lopez might step out of line. Simon says he’ll have to step over my line first. Just in case you didn’t think he would do such a thing to an employee, he pokes his antennae back out of the door and makes a kissy/ licky face. Eww.

Ariel continues hassling Abitchia about Santiago. He asks her if she brought her photo and makes sure he informs her what a wealthy financier Santi is. He makes sure to mention to him her six semesters of Finance. Marcia comes to grab him and he leaves them alone. Santiago asks then if she would like to go somewhere to chat about finances. She says no. She actually blows him off and runs over to Bore begging him to fake he is her novio.

The dancers run back in the dressing room and Luigi congratulates them. He sees Irmita, and worries that she is ill again. Did she pass out again? No she says she’s fine. He tells her that she should go home. She doesn’t think she wants to go to her house.

Back in the salon Bitchita explains to Bore that that guy over there is acosting her so she told him she has a jealous boyfriend and that he needs to leave her alone. Bore gets freaked out that she has a jealous boyfriend. She reminds him that he’s the boyfriend. He boldly asks what he can do for the young man. Abitchita’s plan worked, he frightened away Ariel’s slimy buddy. Now this guy trys to move in for a piece and she tempers him. So he goes to leave, but she asks him for another favor, now to help with that other guy, the one with the yuk face!!

We are now in the salon when Caro introduces HA*ASH. When I went to post this I now see that Amanda has already “spoiled” you, but since I love this song and spent the time on this I’m leaving it in for your enjoyment again. It appears slightly different at least.

I. Qué Hago Yo?
II. by Ha-Ash
III. album: Mundos Opuestos (2005)

Entraste como un rayo de luz
Como un aire encantador
Liberaste con tu hechizo
A mi recluso corazón

Tu dulzura corrió por mis venas
Creí en tu intención
No pensé que fuese un engaño
Ni una mentira tu amor

Me dices que te esta llamando
Te vas sin un adiós
Sé muy bien que harás en sus brazos
Dime que hago yo

CORO
Que hago con mis labios
Si me ruegan tus besos
Que hago con mis manos
Cuando suplican tu regreso
Que hago con mis noches
Que hago con mis días
Que hago con tu esencia que se aferra a la mía
Dime que hago yo

Hablamos solo cuando puedes
Te abrazo al esconder
Que no haría para tenerte
A mi lado al amanecer

Mis amigos dicen que te olvide
Que antes de ti no era igual
Antes de ti mi vida no tenia sentido
Antes de ti no sabia amar

Coro x 2

Que hago yo

You came in like a ray of light,
Like an enchanted breeze,
With your charm you freed
My cloistered heart

Your sweetness once ran through my veins
I thought you had good intentions
I didn’t think that your love
Could be a lie or deceit

You tell me she is calling
You leave without a goodbye
I know quite well you’ll be in her arms
So tell me what am I to do

What do I do with my lips
If they are to beg for your kiss
What do I do with my hands
When they pray for your return

What do I do with my nights
What do I do with my days
What do I do with this essence of you which clings to me
Tell me, what do I do?

We speak only when you’re able to
In hiding, I hold you
What I wouldn’t do to wake
With you by my side

My friends say I should forget you
Who, before you, I wasn’t the same
Before you, my life made no sense
Before you, I didn’t know love

What am I to do

Throughout this song Fer and Marcia are each having flashbacks of romantic moments. Hers with him, and his with, well, Lety!!! Fer smiles but Marcia just bawls. Caro looks at her and can guess what's going on.


Back in the dressing room. I- I don’t want to go to my house. L- says, oh, you want to play at the big blowout, huh. No I know, you just don’t want to be alone. You want me to come and stay and take care of you and hug you. I-Actually, lend me your phone. L-Sure who do you want to call? I-My house. L-Ok, just push 1 and send. But if you are here, who’s going to answer there? I-Um well, my phone was out of order before and I want to see if it’s been fixed. L-He tells her ok, then push 1, it’s in my memory. I- says I’m the number one? He says yes you are number one. The only one. Man, there is a human side to him afterall. She calls and I guess no one (like her estranged husband) answers so she seems pleased and agrees to go home. Luigi tells the girls to take care of their own costumes because Irma is now out. Luigi asks Juan to get a car and take her to her door, and then come back. Hurry! He gives her a kiss because she deserves it and praises her for the work she did on this spectacular. It went so well because of her. Is any one tearing up out there? I’m contemplating a tear at least.


Back at Conceptos, Lopez slams on PM’s desk to wake her up and he startles PMS. He asks Simon to take an envelope to Luigi at the event. He wonders why at this hour. Lopez says they are contracts that the dancers haven’t yet signed. Simon thinks no, it must be finished by now, they can sign in the am. Lopez questions who makes the orders, and he doesn’t care he wants it done now. So Simon grabs PM to go with him. Lopez stops him to see if she’s done with her work yet. She says no, so he says she can’t go and Simon needs to go by himself. Simon protests and says he’s not leaving her alone. Lopez assures him that he will watch over her. Simon asks who will watch over you then? He says no way am I leaving her here. Lopez orders him to go, and he keeps protesting.



Now a “Happy” Song from Ha*ash – well musically it sounds happy anyway…..

Amor a Medias

Aunque busques ya no hay
un motivo para estar a tu lado y en soledad.
Te regalo los porques de una amor que solo fue
como una oracion dicha sin fe.

Yo te di lo mejor de mi
y a cambio solo recibi nada de ti....

[Coro]
La mitad de una mentira no es la verdad
no pretendas,
digas lo que digas ahora se que no
Amor a medias no es amor
La mitad de un promesa no es algo real
porque te engañas?
tus palabras no me atraparan ya no
Amor a medias no es amor.

Cuantas veces me enrredé
en las historias con las que me vendias lo que nunca fue.
Y si no sentí amor
ahora se que no fui yo
era el frio en tu corazon.
Te busqué, y aunque te tuve junto a mi
no te senti...
[Coro]
La mitad de una mentira no es la verdad
no pretendas,
Amor a medias no es amor
La mitad de un promesa no es algo real
porque te engañas?
tus palabras no me atraparan ya no
Amor a medias no es amor.

********
Although you look for one, now there’s no reason
to be with you yet be lonely
I tell you how love ends up
like a prayer said without faith

I gave you my best
And you gave nothing back

Half a lie is not the truth
Don’t pretend
You can say what you want
But now I know that half a love
Isn’t love at all

Half a promise isn’t anything real
Why are you trying to deceive me?
Your words won’t get me now, not now
Half a love isn’t love at all

How many times you tangled me
In the stories you betrayed me with
Stories that never happened

And if I never felt love
Now I know I’m not the cause
Of your coldheartedness

I sought you, and though I had you with me
I didn’t feel you

Coro

Throughout this song, a much animated and drunk Marcia implies the words towards Fernando while pointing at him. Fer winces at one point. He gets excited when the singer plays directly to him. Marcia gets mad, but Caro calms her. The audience is totally into it, Marcia gets back into her pointing.

Ricky congratulates Fer and everyone on their success. Fer thanks him for contracting them. Fer chastises Ariel about the award. Ariel admonishes him that he’ll see what happens at the committee meeting.

Ricky toast to Fer and Marcia’s wedding. Marcia is thrilled. Caro says now it’s time to party. Humberto wants to go home to sleep so he can be fresh for the committee meeting. Marcia invites everyone to her apartment for champagne. Fer declines.


Back at Conceptos Simon insists to Lopez that they are going. He can fire you if he wants. S- Go ahead Fire her! But you are not staying here alone with her. Lety comes out to see what is going on. Lopez continues being indignant until they are saved by the bell. His wife calls, and he changes from his authoritative yelling to very submissive baby talk to her and tells her he’s on his way home. The other three laugh hysterically. They are finally free. Lety tells them they should go now, but PM worries about Lety being stuck here now alone. Simon said not to worry about Lety, nothing will happen to her. Lety agrees. PM tells Simon he shouldn’t have said that.

Marcia wants to know why Fer won’t go to her house. He tells her that he has to go to Conceptos to see how Lety is doing with the balance. She goes into a drunken tantrum…oh fine…go ahead then. She tells him multiple times.

Ana Leticia presses Caro to learn if Fer has an amante. Caro tries to get away from her.

Santiago tells Ariel that he met Lichita’s boyfriend, Ariel wants to meet him now. He goes over. She introduces them and he asks them questions that the both answer differently and the gig is up. That Ariel, he’s such a swift guy!! He asks if they are getting married, and Alicia says maybe, and he says well then, he’ll be able to lend you the money to get your car back. Bore is impactado. Abicia is mad. Bore takes the fast road away from her. Ari then tells Santi that is not her boyfriend. Bore goes backstage to talk with Luigi and fights with Cristina over who gets the exclusive interview. Luigi enjoys that they fight over him, he trys to solve it, but Bore gives in and lets Cristina go first, that he’ll just wait right there. Just right there, in the lounge with all the dancers preparing to undress. Yeah, just wait right there for a little while.


Marcia gets ready to leave, at least Ariel makes sure that she isn’t driving. That’s a nice brotherly thing to do.


He continues his conversation with Santi who hears that Conceptos is having a meeting. Ariel says that it’s going to be rough because he wants to sell his shares in Conceptos. Santi says wait really? Everyone knows that Conceptos has a hard time with the banks and that it is deeply in debt. Ariel is impactado.

Now it’s time to see if Lety makes or breaks the day. Someone gets one or the other at least.

Labels:


Comments:
I wonder how many more episodes they can squeak in before the meeting? Remember that commercial in the park?

The dancing was unbelievably bad - and after all those rehearsals! - and the costumes and the hats, ugh. Laughable.

I certainly like Luigi more now and he is even a good actor! He can do more than just flit around.

I could relate to Marcia's tears while she heard the nostalgic song. i've been there. Fern is a jerk. He owns up to nothing. He deserves a long spell in purgatory.
 

How many more torturous episodes of the "wannabe singers & dancers" do we have to endure to basically fill up space? There are many fabulous singers in Mexico..Put Marc Antonio Solis at the "mike"..He can belt out a song.

I feel not one ounce of pity for women like the character of Marcia.She's gets what she deserves.How's being a doormat for Fernando been working for her? Does he go kicking and screaming down the aisle of matrimony with her? Don't think so..Maureen
 

I had a bizarre dream last night that Ariel accused me of "inappropriate touching."

I listened to this episode before I watched it... from the other room, it just sounded like a lot of pointless showbiz stuff. I was a lot more impressed when I saw the characters' reactions to the Ha-Ash songs. It was nice to see Marcia play something other than "irritated" or "smug".

Ever notice that poor Omar never gets to say anything unless there's rehashing to be done? What an existence.
 

Ewwww watching Ariel just makes me feel unclean...Once there was a dead "Wood Rat" in the backyard...I felt the same way
 

I agree with Beckster! Ariel is just pure filth! They showed one second of humanity for him when he was concerned about Marcia "Cuidala" he said to Ana Leticia when she was taking the borracha home - otherwise, he's pure evil!
 

Well, I do feel sorry for Marcia again, against my will. Her flashbacks to She and Fernando made me realize just what she's losing. Who wouldn't be a Harpie Shrew in that situation? Of course, I still want Fernando and Lety and true love to come together, but I can feel sorry for Marcia again.

Yes, those dancers are pitiful. Why would they put people like that on a major show? Any of us could probably do a better job untrained.

If television and movies are a reflection of a society then I really feel sorry for the women in Mexico. They are so far behind in women's rights. It has been so many years since we've had to worry about blatant sexual harassment in the workplace in the U.S. that I forget how lucky we are.

I'm happy that Lety has softened toward Fernando and it looks like she is giving him the fake balance sheet he wanted. When Lety wanted Fernando to put his arms around her I know she is thinking this is a goodbye hug. It was hard for me knowing that he didn't realize that. How often do we hug someone and go blithely on our way not knowing that may be the last time we see them. Of course, in this case they will certainly see each other again.

Wow does that Marcia make a bad drunk. No wonder Fernando was wincing.

Waiting on the Big Meeting.

Connie
 

I wonder what the point of the "bump and grind" non-dancers are?
I actually felt sorry for the Harpy Shrew when she was crying during the song. I guess she does have feelings for Fernando after all?
I agree, Ariel is disgusting. Lopez too in a different way. Did Lety tell PM and Simon to go home? I felt like she kind of saved the day when she walked in.
Thanks so much K!
Carrie L.
 

Yeah, how RIDICULOUS was that dancing?? But I guess that wasn't the point...IMO the Conceptos commercials are always pretty bad too :) We're just supposed to believe it's good in the parallel universe that is La Fea.

I feel like this show makes an effort to humanize a lot of the characters, and sometimes it works. As unbelievably awful as I generally find Alicia, I really do feel for her when Ariel is being such a JERK to her. As bad as she is, I don't think anyone deserves to be treated like that. And Luigi has finally won me over...to an extent. I do really find his devotion to Irma touching, but as soon as Lety shows up and he starts bashing her, I'll probably hate him again.

This show has changed so much since I first started watching it! The intensity level has gone up and stayed high consistently since Lety read the letter. I wonder if it will be able to go back to being the lighthearted fluffy novela it once was. I'm not saying I want it to, but it's hard to imagine how they could maintain this level of intensity for the rest of the show!
 

la intensidad!! it's true - when marcia was crying and fernando was looking miserable...and the mom kind of noticed, but I don't think really gets how bad a situation it is. it's almost an anguish to watch! Things better come to a head fast - I've heard the program goes through January!!!
 

I was catching up on the La Fea recaps last week and saw how each episode has 20+ comments, many people say this is the best show and the only one they watch, etc. Does anyone else remember back when you were all struggling through Bore-era and dying for a new show but all swore you would never watch La Fea because it looked too stupid? I'm not trying to say I told you so, I just think it's great that the show has managed to win so many people over. The show was on for a while before I even attempted to write some recaps for it all by myself! I don't really have a point here, the thougth just struck me the other day is all. This show seems to have really made a lot of believers. Also, stillllll waiting for the big meeting. Perhaps my grandkids (my only son is just 6 now) will watch that episode with me.
 

I'll tell you what, Libby - it was a lot easier to recap this show when it was just fluff. But it wasn't as much fun!

I do feel badly for Marcia, harpy that she is. Those "good times" she was remembering last night were all part of Fern's lie too. Fern barely loved her to begin with, and it was made pretty clear to us, even then, that he only asked her to marry him because he needed her vote to become president of the company.

She is still (STILL, despite all of the evidence to the contrary) clinging to the illusion of a loving man and an ideal relationship. That's sad enough in itself. It's a lot sadder when you think of all the other lives that get screwed up too because of it.
 

Hey the employees at Conceptos are way better off than most TeleNovelas working class folk...the employees on other Telenovelas get smacked, raped (the lucky ones), the rest just get whacked
 

Funny, Chris - I was thinking the same thing as you - when I volunteered to do these recaps, I wasn't sure anyone would even read them, since there was so much skepticism and frustration over the show at first. It has really snowballed since then!

I just hope it's not peaking prematurely... I'd hate for all this excitement to be followed by months and months of limping and sputtering, or whatever (I think I've mixed my metaphors beyond recognition).
 

I can't speak for the "Bore-era" watchers, because La Fea is my first telenovela. I never watched Spanish-language television before, but I happened into the middle of this story and got hooked before I could even understand more that a couple of words. Now I'm learning Spanish and I watch more Spanish-language TV than English-language TV. I am sooo grateful for the recaps here. I don't watch Heridas or Mundo as much, but I love to keep up with them, too.
 

Lolita - that January date was for Mexico. It got pushed back to February, I think. Since Univision is 14 weeks behind Mexico, we won't be done until May or June at least. :-)
 

Thanks K, I missed this episode and am reeling because my hubby did not tape it for me! Libby, you are so right, based on everyone's review of the dancers, and thinking back to the last time we saw these dancers and the commercials we've seen from Luigi, it is now clear that the producers are having a great time creating these terrible debacles and passing them off as works of genious... Good for them!
 

Regarding the treatment of women: I think US television shows also show terrible treatment of women. I mean most of the detective shows out there almost always have a plot in which a woman is brutally murdered. What's that about?

Want to talk about clueless characters in LFMB. How about Fern's parents. Just look at the seating arrangement last night. Fern next to Omar (this seems to be one of the most established pairings on the show), Fern's parents, then Caro, and last--at the very end of the table--a drunk Marcia. Gee, if I were them, I would think that there is a whopping BIG problem between Fern and Marcia--and maybe just maybe them getting married isn't such a hot idea!!!
 

I was watching the show on Tivo and fell asleep for a few minutes - I woke up while the 2 women were singing that song. Not only were the words applicable for me trying to forget my own "Fernando" but showing Fern and Marcia reliving those moments made me shed more than a few tears. I'm praying something doesn't happen tonight to make Lety change her mind about not helping Fern. Frankly, I can't afford to gain more than the 4 lbs I've already packed on due to my "ice cream and cheesecake used as a bandaid" diet.
 

The dancers were terrible. I love the actors acting entranced and entertained by this sucky performance. They are really earning their paychecks if you ask me.

I am just putting down the terrible dancing, music, and commericals to the writers having fun. Tongue-in-cheek all the way.
 

I really thought the woman who plays Marcia did a fantastic job during the Ha-ash song. It was really heartbreaking to realize she's lashing out like she is because she realizes she's lost what she loves most. I don't think her behavior is acceptable, but I understand it.

Ariel - ugh. I think he's there just to make us not completely hate Alicia.
 

I cannot understand the goal of that dancers scene. They were ridiculous--comic like. They clearly cannot dance--reminscent of a junior high school musical theater performance! Was it supposed to be comic? Did I miss something here? We know they are supposed to appear bimbo-like but could Luigi, the great and wonderful Luigi (:)) have helped direct something this lame?
 

Last night's episode was pretty lame with the dancing. However, I loved the performance by Ha*Ash and how well the songs fell into the storyline/character development. I have always felt that there is more to Alicia & Luigi than they have shown. So I was glad to see a little bit more of their inner character revealed.

On a different note, but in the thread of previous comments: I started watching La Fea because my sister watches novelas to keep up on her Spanish. We walk our dogs everyday and during our walks she often talks about the current novela she is watching. I have listened through many and never actually sat down to watch one---even when she kept telling me about this actor, Jaime Camil, in Mujer de Madera.

I felt that with only three years of HS Spanish there was no way I could understand. Anyway, she kept talking about Fea and I got caught up in the story.

I actually started watching the show right around the time Lety was offered the bribe from the one company. Armed with my ancient Spanish/English dictionary, I understood very little at first, but have since increased my vocabulary---though it is centered on accounting terms, drinking, cheating, lying, and the like.

Now, I am a nut about this show, and have a little crush on Jaime. You could say that I'm hooked completely. I, too, now watch more Spanish tv than English tv. My co-workers think I'm crazy, but I don't care.
 

Remember, these dancers were hired because they were so "great" at the Yuri show... and Luigi choreographed that, too!
 

It's funny, I thought they were kind of spoofing those "rubber chicken and rice pilaf" events with the dancers. Entertainment at those kind of events is usually kind of iffy.
 

Hey Chris,
I remember well the gangs dislike for La Fea. I was so greatful when you started recapping it. I'm a first year Spanish language learner and understood very little. I found this site like most while watching Alborada. After you stopped recapping, I still watched the show but was pretty much lost until Julie picked it up again.

Thanks again to all the recappers. Your efforts help us all enjoy the show more. And I must say how funny it is that my husband speaks no Spanish, I speak very little but at 10:00 PM, (I watch the west coast version on Sattelite)I watch all Spanish television.

Happy Holidays,
Rhonda
 

... and closed captioning helps also. I find that my reading of Espanol is way superior to my hearing or speaking it
 

I use to only watch occasionally when the show started, but got hooked when Fernando started wooing Lety. I haven't had a VCR in 5 years, but just bought one so I can tape the episodes I miss. Sometimes I work at night and I can't miss any of the big meeting or "wedding day."

Loved the clips during the Ha*ash song. I liked seeing the Marcia/Fern clips when they were happy. It has been so long, it's hard to understand what Marcia is trying to hold on to.

Waiting patiently for the big meeting, but we still have to get through Al and Tomas' dinner date... Maybe Monday!

Jewels
 

I would not have picked it up if Chris hadn't started it. I wanted to watch the show but didn't see it from the beginning. I went online looking for English recaps and wound up here. I only volunteered on a totally insane whim. :-) And it was MUCH harder when I didn't have a TV with captions.
 

Are you serious this show is going to run until June. I better get some more blank tapes...lol...Well i would just like to say that i love this show i started watching this show about mid july and fell in love with it. Its weird all i can think about is LA FEA!!! I real appriciate the recaps because sometimes me spanish ait so great. I scold my gradma for that she taught us the improper spanish so sometimes i'm like what what's that?? I am going to cry when lety leaves tonight!!! I love this show so much i thats all i watch i count down the sec, mins, etc..until the show starts Angelica and Jamie do a great job. Okay if you don't want to spoil what about to happen donot read beyond this point. I can't wait for Angelica (lety) to meet her new boyfriend he is handsome but no franando (Jamie). If anybody knows how much longer before lety becomes beautiful let me and i heard that lety marries franando and has a kid with him does anybody know if that is true???
 

Hi Anonymous 4:13 pm, thanks for your comments, but many people have requested

NO SPOILERS!!!!

So nobody, please, spoil the surprise for us. We allow speculation - from people who don't know the future - but not information from episodes which have not yet aired in the U.S.

THANK YOU FOR BEING CONSIDERATE.
NO SPOILERS.
 

I totally agree about the characters showing depth and humanity the more we get into the show. The only other telenovela I watched was La Esposa Virgen, so I wasn't in the habit, but I really love La Fea. I'm hoping they'll give Lety a break from the grannie outfits and the white hose...can't someone with a master's in finance make observations and deduce that no one else is wearing heavy white hose?
 

Maybe they teach you that when you take six semesters of finance at whatever school Alicia went to. They also teach you to expose 90% of your boobs and whine a lot. Fair trade? You be the judge.
 

>>>>They also teach you to expose 90% of your boobs and whine a lot.<<<

LOL!!! Have you noticed that they have had Alicia stop saying what university she attended? I was wondering if it was a real university and they got ticked with Fea using the name in a rather negative manner. Now Alicia says that she took six semesters of finance at a prestigious university.
 

YES, it was a real university. I found it online yesterday... begins with letter A... I forget. The university complained (so I read) and then they stopped.

I tried to find out more info about the school in question. I found only positive information about it in English, but I don't know what their reputation is like in Mexico.
 

Thanks Julie. I found this on Wikipedia under quotes from La Fea:

"Yo estudié seis semestres de finanzas en la Anáhuac [later changed to "una universidad de mucho prestigio" to avoid issues with the real Anáhuac University] (I studied 6 semesters at a very prestigious university) - Alicia bragging about her higher education"

Then I searched and found this:

"The Universidad Anáhuac is an organization of universities around Mexico. It includes the Universidad Anáhuac del Norte, Universidad Anáhuac del Sur, Tampico, Oaxaca, Querétaro, Puebla, Xalapa, Cancún, Universidad del Mayab in Mérida, and some others around the world, in the United States, Chile, Spain and Italy."
 

Yes Chris, I too thought Le Fea looked too stupid and thought I would never watch it! I thought nothing could compare to Alborada! I'm not sure what happened, but, it could have been just catching sight of gorgeous Fernando. I soon become hooked.
Thanks so much to all of you for this great website!
Anyone who wants spoilers can go to the esmas website. Even with the miserable to english translations you can figure most of it out.
I'd rather wait and be surprised.
 

Thank you for having this blog! I love watching 'La Fea' even though I can't understand Spanish too well. It's a fun way to improve my Spanish. These summaries fill in the little details of the show. The more I watch (with closed captioning and a dictionary), the more I'm understanding.
 

This will be comment #39, is that a record?
 

Actually, I gotta make it 40, well, just because. ;) No, I did have something to say. I couldn't wait for it to start because already it had so much hype in Mexico, and I did watch Fea from the beginning, and from the very first episode (except our Univision channel was mysteriously having technical difficulties, and never showed the very first episode, man, I was pi***) Anyway, and I watched the first few, religiously in anticipation of this fabulous novela and thought, bummer, this is the same old predictable Angelica Vale gig, like La Parodia only different co-stars. So I stopped paying attention to every episode. I'd have them on, but I'd being doing something else around the house, plus it was summer, so if I missed one, I wasn't concerned, and didn't go to great lengths to tape them. Eventually, through my casual watching, I did notice a change in the delivery and the production seemed to "grow up" so to speak. I guess around when Fer started courting Lety, there really was a definite change in the program that started drawing me in again. I was very pleased, because I really did want to like this show. So, I don't think it was just a change in people's perspectives, there really was a change in the delivery that added a previously missing depth to the characters and storyline. Maybe all that was happenstance, or could have been somewhat by design, but thankfully it's there now, and the producers are riding it all the way to the bank, extending the run and everything else. The show is an international success in several countries that aren't even Spanish speaking, so I'm not really surprised at our cosmopolitan site meter hits! To me, it's an honor to be a part of this blog and the community of fellow Fea watchers. Long Live Lety!!!!
 

I agree, it's fabulous to be a part of this blog. Melinama (who, if I have understood correctly, estblished this) is to be thanked and commended. It's no small feat to have people spreading the word of the blog all over the telenovela-watching world.

Jeanne
 

The 2011 discussion for Capitulos 161 & 162 is at this link.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder