Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Introducing myself, again... :)

Hi Everyone!

My name is Ruth. It's been a while since I was on the site regularly... I used to re-cap for Melinama way back when Alborada was on (oh how I miss that novela). Well I've missed it so much around here I thought I'd offer to help out again... Soooo, I'm gonna sub for Jean's re-cap of Mundo of Fieras on Wednesdays for as long as she needs me to do it.

A bit about me - I'm a student at the University of Washington majoring in Spanish and History. I'm also a wife and mom, I have three daughters (20, 11 & almost 5) a grandson and a grandbaby on the way. I'll warn y'all, I understand a lot of Spanish but I'm far from fluent... I'll make mistakes from time to time, hopefully not too many, but bear with me I'm still learnin'. I love Spanish, it's one of my passions because it's so beautiful, flows so nicely and is really cool (is that a good reason? I hope so, lol)...

It's good to be bloggin' again and I'm really glad to be back at Caray, Caray!

Besos,

Ruth

Labels: ,


Comments:
Hi Ruth: Welcome back and thanks for helping out while I'm in class. Have fun with the Fieras! I watched a few minutes last night and I saw that MA has gone all glamorous!!
 

Hi Ruth!! It's fabulous to hear you're rejoining the craziness. I have often wondered how you are doing. Have fun with Mundo. I don't watch that often but when I do I notice it has a lot of good, sleazy body language going on which always helps the recapping.

Yahoo!!!! Ruth's back!
 

Hi Ruth. spanish is my passion also; however, I am not having as much luck in learning. Maybe my age (64); however, i took two semesters, I have a weekly tutor and I have all spanish music with spanish interpretations and computer programs. I put about 10 hours in a week for two years; yet I have problems understanding the telenovia. I can read it fluently and sing with the songs; however, in listening to people talk, I usually pick up words and only occasionally, phrases. Thanks to everyone who does the recaps, I understand the tele better. Ret
 

Hey Jean & Sylvia!!! Thanks for the welcome, I missed y'all. Things have been really crazy in my life but are settling down to a routine...

Looks like you guys have been super busy too... The site is great, a real team effort...it's really awesome to see!!!

I've started watching Duelo... it looks pretty good so far, a little out there but that's what it's all about, lol!


Ret - what really helped me was watching the novelas (w/o english subtitles and then w/subtitles only if I really can't understand something important) and listening to spanish radio/music. It sounds like you're doing everything right, and more, in order to learn... one day you'll wake up and bam, you'll understand more than you thought... sometimes things happen to me like that, in waves... best of luck to you!!!

Caio
 

My weakness is still understanding spoken Spanish as well. I understand my wife and son when they speak to each other, but that's from hearing their voices so often. On TV I have a hard time understanding what they say so I use the Spanish language captions and then it's fairly easy. I suspect that making the leap to understanding spoken Spanish better requires some immersion. Traveling to Mexico and not speaking English with anyone for a few weeks, something like that.
 

Welcome again Ruth!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder