Tuesday, January 23, 2007

La Fea Más Bella #193 1/22/07 Lety goes jogging in a pink bunny suit and remorse is expressed in the Big House

Remember Lety saying: "I'll never have to see Don Fern again" ? Well, she still doesn't see him.

In Marcia's apartment, Fern reassures her: "I won't see Lety - my dad and the lawyers will do it - she and I are finished." His reassurances become progressively less reassuring. "I have no way to get back with her - I'm trying to leave it all behind - please help me! I'm afraid." He hugs Marcia absently and takes her to bed where they snuggle in a gloomy and perfunctory manner.

Next morning Tomas is wheezing and stumbling around the park - Lety, dressed as an Easter bunny, has dragged him out for a nice trot, saying: "We have to take care of the body, thus we take care of the spirit." "Where'd you get this @#$%^ idea??!" "From an unforgettable friend in Acapulco."

That friend in Acapulco loses points with me as we see him roaring down the beach in a noisy ATV! Bad Aldo! He's shouting "I miss Lety!!" and cackling!

Cute little lawyer Sanchez calls Lety and welcomes her back to Mexico City air pollution and tells her the meeting has been cancelled, he doesn't know why, if she finds out will she let him know? and she should expect a call at home.

Julieta thinks Fern has something to do with the cancellation, Lety says "No, there's no way he wants to see me." She goes to her room in a panic, thought-bubbling: it takes all my strength just to think about talking to him. She remembers her courage during the dive with Aldo. "He helps me, and I can confide in him... Where are you? I wish I had your strength here with me, I miss you."

Aldo decides he wants to come find her in Mexico City. He talks to his friend Guillermo, head of the restauranteur association, who lives in town. "I want to start doing the things I used to do before my wife's death, renew my old friendships... yes, I would like to come see you ... how about today?"

Marcia and Fern arrive at Conceptos. Omar's there but Humbie hasn't arrived. Marcia and Fern kiss in front of the Feas, who sigh about lovely love. Fern looks very ill at ease.

He and Omar agree they are worried that Lety's the only hope for the business - as a lifesaver she's a penca de nopal (stalk of prickly-pear cactus). Fern: "She must hate me so much, why would she help?" "Are you tempted to talk to her?" "All I've been hoping for, all these days, is to talk to her, and yesterday was very difficult because I knew where she was, but I couldn't go, because I was with Marcia, we're giving it another try. Besides, Lety hates me, what can I do?" "It seems the responsibility for that hatred is all yours." "I'm afraid if I talk to her she'll get angry all over again and then she won't help with the business."

Humberto walks in; our Bobbsey twins in expensive suits jump up and knock things over; Humberto gets Lety's number and leaves to make The Phonecall; Fernando sneaks a peak as Humberto sits alone, shaping his thoughts. Fern goes to eavesdrop in the next room.

Meanwhile Julieta is feeding Erasmo (soon she'll be putting a bib on him and spooning stuff into his mouth so he doesn't have to exert himself). At least he compliments her: "Your chiliquitas would revive the dead." They rehash the Sanchez phone call.

Lety arrives, still in pink, and asks for cereal with fruit and yogurt for breakfast; the chiliquitas have too much fat and she wants to listen to what her body needs. "No diets in this house!" grumps Erasmo. "Let her eat what she wants," counters Julieta, "she wants to be prettier." "She is already beautiful, of course! She's a Padilla!" He invokes his fat aunt who was beautiful in every way. Julieta counters with her own beautiful elegant aunt. As Erasmo's dissertation on the "distinguished and classy Padillas" reaches a climax, Tomas arrives. He can barely hobble to the trough after his run around the park this morning. He commences shoveling food into his mouth. Erasmo gets cross. Lety says: "I know it's your house, dad, but I live here too and Tomas is my best friend, my brother, part of this family, even if he doesn't come up to the gorgeousness standard of the Padilla-Solis." "Thank God!" mutters Tomas, then "I meant, rather, thank God for this sacred food."

The Padilla phone rings. All crowd round to listen. It's Humberto, who says he's worried. Lety: "Why? We told you we wouldn't keep your business. We were going to sign the papers this morning, but the meeting was cancelled." "I know, it was I who cancelled the meeting. I appreciate your attitude. I want to see you, just the two of us alone, could you possibly come today?" "Where?" "Here, at Conceptos." "No, that's not convenient." "But I'll be making a series of decisions and I'll need the committee to ratify them. I don't want to postpone again, I need to know the future of the business. I'm begging you." She agrees. Erasmo gives her thumbs up.

Ariel enters the conference room and asks snidely after "our savior;" Humberto follows behind and says Lety's coming in. "Why here?" "I know you don't want to see her, but we must put pride aside. We need to let her in if we want her cooperation." Marcia starts to bolt, Humberto says "that's not the way a team player behaves, we must all make the sacrifice." She says she doesn't feel well and leaves. Asked how Lety reacted to the call, Humberto says she was disconcerted - she has no idea what's going to happen.

Fernando is sure she won't help. He remembers the Mendiroels snarling at Lety: "Never come back, don't expect a reference, you're a calamity." Fern: "We humiliated her!" They all remember times they kicked sand in her face. [Another reminder to us all that it's never safe to be creepy to anybody.] Fern: "We weren't just rotten to her that last day, but all the days and months before that."

Lety wants to go to the meeting alone as Humberto requested. "I'm brave! And they bent their knees to me!" Caro calls and, when told about the upcoming confrontation, suggests they meet for coffee. Julieta takes Lety aside and says, "I know how hard this is, I'll be praying for you." Lety dashes out; Humberto insisted on driving her but while his car won't start there's time for the local louts to taunt Lety: "You dress like a nun of the last century." She thanks them for their valuable feedback.

In a coffee shop, Caro is very fetching in pigtails and Daisy Dukes. She reminds her quivering friend to be the new Lety: brave, free and decisive. "When you're afraid, you don't see clearly." "I need Aldo, I think of him. It's scary when I think of seeing ... you know who." "It's your trial by fire, you can conquer it!" "I need Aldo to give me strength."

Caro's cellphone rings - naturally it's Aldo, just off the plane, asking where he can find Lety. "Hmm, that might be hard, she has a business meeting." "Well, I'd like to talk with her and tell her I'm here." Caro passes over the phone to the astonished Lety. "ALDO? What are you doing here?" "Well, the traffic jams of Mexico City have their enchantments of course, and I'm visiting my restaurant buddy who has a project for me to prepare." "Welcome." "Is that all? I was hoping for a hug." "I have to go to Conceptos now, but thanks - talking to you put my soul back in my body." [Note to Aldo haters: he looks pretty darn good to me right now. If I were in Lety's shoes, I'd be gladder than glad about this fortuitous arrival!]

Aldo hangs up and a cute kid (if Li'l Lui had been this cute, maybe he wouldn't have had to die) comes up trying to sell him a crummy little plastic box; he wants money to buy a snack. "My granny gave it to me, it's for keeping treasures in, when I was little I used to have a bottle cap collection." "Treasures?" muses Aldo, "OK, I'll buy it, I have treasures too." He opens the fancy box he'd taken to the airport to give Lety the time he was too late to see her off. He puts the pearl and some sand into the crummy box.

At Conceptos, Marcia asks Mama T if Lety's come yet, then snarls in frustration: "She's gonna take revenge on us! How can Humberto bring her here when we all said we didn't want to talk to her?!!!" "You're the most bothered, but remember, Humberto and Ariel don't know about Fern+Lety and I don't think this an opportune time to tell them. Be dignified, relax - we'll all lose if you crack when you see her."

At the coffeeshop, the newly buoyed Lety struts, chin up, "I'll walk like this, like you, Doña Carolina, when I enter the room." She feels more optimistic knowing Aldo's in town. Caro gives her a picture of Aldo hugging her. Lety: "I know they all hate me, but I don't resent them." "Because your heart's at peace." "When I see Fern I'll just remember I've forgiven him."

Suddenly Lety - who told Humberto ages ago she was coming right to the office - decides it's time to go clothes shopping with Caro. Caro remembers Aldo saying: "When Lety thinks it's time for a change, she'll change." Lety confides that her mom always bought her clothes, and furthermore, that she (Lety) often wore her mother's clothes, even her grandmother's clothes! "But I don't think they're really me." Caro of course agrees.

Fern paces, visits Lety's old hole of an office, remembers their ghastly parting - she saying she'd waited so long, in vain, for him to abandon Omar's heartless plan, he embracing her desperately and saying "I adore you" just as Marcia entered and led him off by the nose ...

Omar comes in, observes Fern's "little nostalgia," and asks how Fern is feeling about Lety's arrival. Fern: "I have tachycardia, I'm very nervous." "Have you indeed decided that Lety is of the past?" No answer. "Are you going to greet her coldly? It was all a mistake, you never loved her, is that it? You were a victim of temporary insanity. Your obsession grew from your wish to save the business, and now it's over. It was a - surreal stage of your life." Sarcastic applause from Fern. Omar pushes his luck: "Now you'll see her as she always was." "An - ugly woman?" "Well, a little bit ugly, well a little more than a little bit ugly." "No. I see her, no I FEEL her, as precious, Carvajal."

Labels:


Comments:
Melinama, thanks for the great recap and for getting it posted so early. I missed the last part of the show so was especially glad to see the last line by Fernando.
Also to express another opinion about yesterday's comment on spoilers. I don't consider mentioning new characters coming on the show or when it's ending to be spoilers. I like any extra information like youtube, etc. that people post, or things about Angie or Jaime. I think it should be allowed. For the number of people only watching this show, there are lots of us who are following this version and the Mexican one via the web, as well.
Lisa
 

Melinama, thank you so much for the early recap. I count the minutes to understand what I watched the night before. I seem to be picking up a little more in spanish as time goes on. It is so anxiety provoking knowing that fern is with marcia and lety will be coming back. It would like lety is saying to herself, "see" you professed to love me yet you remain with marcia, which would only make matters worse for fernando, who wants to get back with her. Don't understand why he does this. Ret
 

Two really important things I noticed in this episode. Fernando's eye seemed to heal completely overnight and Lety's mustache is back. I'm still hating Aldo, I just can't help it.
 

If we are back to the point system, I would say that Aldo loses at least three points for the obnoxious ATV ride on the beach. Was it just me, or did it seem to everyone that Aldo's shout out on the beach just didn't seem......seem, well, realistic? Was it bad acting or just the plausibility of the whole thing?

OK, so for points, Aldo gets a couple for his interaction w/ the kid in the airport. I loved that scene and in the acting department, Juan more than made up for his earlier stilted shout out to Lety.

Fer definitely loses points for getting into bed w/ Marcia (I know that it was a comfort hug and all clothes were on, but STILL!!) He also would lose some points for kissing her in front of Martha & Sara, but would regain some for looking uncomfortable afterward. More points for realizing how absolutely sh**ty the M-V treated Lety, but losing them because he is one of the M-Vs, and treated Lety the worst (because of the intimate betrayal aspect of it all). More points for defending Lety to Omar, and beaucoup de points for saying that he feels Lety is precious!!! Yeah, keep on admitting that brother. You can still get her back, but you are really going to have to work for it.

Omar loses points whenever he opens his mouth.....it could be said he would lose them just by breathing, but I'll cut him some slack.

Mama Solis de Padilla gets points for being the only person who can say "Mi Lety" right now, and not tick anyone off.

Lety gets lots of points for confessing the source of her wardrobe to Caro---it's about time that she admit what we all knew---there are granny's dresses. Acknowledging the problem is the first step to recovery.

Caro gets points for just being cool.

I know that there are other points to be handed out and taken away, but I just cannot keep up---this point thing is exhausting.
 

Great recap, Melinama...I missed the running part with Tomas so I am going to have to replay the episode on my DVR...I am so excited though we get to see the new Lety tonight...I am at work wishing it was 8:00 pm already..I want to see everybody's face when they see her of course from the previews Oxi of course calls her mustachioed corncake (i think that was the translation) Lety responds with something like but a pretty mustachoied corncake (something to that effect)..I can't wait...I am itching to get home.
 

Marycelis, don't be so sure we'll see the new Lety tonight. This show may spend its whole hour between the point where Lety is shopping and the point when she enters Conceptos. In fact the way Rosy stretches time, maybe the next fifteen minutes will last till the end of the week.
 

LOL, Cathy, I was thinking the same thing last night when Julieta said "mi Lety"!

Lisa - I realize that there are lots of people who are following the Mexican show, and I also realize that there is MUCH to discuss - but that's why the forum at telenovela-world exists - so that they can discuss that stuff there.

It is really nice for the people who come to this site to not have to worry about getting spoiled if they don't want to, and equally nice to have a place that you can go to if you do want to be spoiled, or just want to talk about the rumors you've heard.

Stuff about Angelica, Jaime, links to youtube videos (with spoiler warnings if necessary), etc. is all great. What's not so great is when someone (who knows what's coming up) hints that person XXX isn't going to get together with YYY because a third character is going to join the story.

Also uncool is when someone who's already seen (or read spoilers about) an upcoming episode says "I have a feeling that..." and then proceeds to describe exactly what will happen.
 

I can see what you mean...it does stretch..yikes...I am still anxious...we may then have to wait till Monday..She probably walks in Friday at the close of the episode and have to wait till Monday..yuck and here i am waiting, counting the minutes...I need a life.
 

I just saw your pic Julie and couldn't help but notice you look a character in a telemundo novela...here is the link if you want to see, it should work...http://tv.telemundo.yahoo.com/marina/articulo/09012007/71/marina-mentiras-h-bitos.html...you can disregard the update and notice the pic..If
 

you want too...I should have noticed it was cut off
 

Any theories as to why Sanchez was calling from a pay phone? Why couldn't he call from whatever phone Santamaria (or whoever) reached him at?

It can take me a while to find an outfit that fits and that I like, and Lety is working under pressure. This could take weeks. :-) The Mendiroels could be waiting a very long time...

OTOH it doesn't look like Marcia spent much time puzzling over her wardrobe this morning, does it?

I liked the yellow thing Alicia was wearing in the preview for tomorrow's episode. I wouldn't be caught dead in it, myself, but it's nice to see her wearing a bright color for a change. (Even if it does make her look like a giant canary!)
 

That's funny, Marycelis! Thanks!
 

oops Lynn..the photo looks like lynn
 

Your welcome...
 

I guess it's okay for Lety to make them wait..I mean after the way everyone (except the cuartel) treated Lety, she doesn't exactly need to see them ASAP..I mean she is doing them the favor as they are quick to point out.
 

I was really disappointed to see Lety's mustache is back and even worse than before. The braces don't bug me as much as that does. Maybe with the new clothes she will lose it again.
I am not an Aldo fan but feel Lety does need his strength right now. Not forever, but just until things straighten out and she and Fern can find their way back into each other's arms and etc.!
Carrie L.
 

Carrie, you carry my sentiments completely.

Ret
 

:Marycelis- In my younger years I watched General Hosptial everyday and every Friday at 3:55, the most dramatic things began to happen and then "continued". I think it is that way with most or all american soaps, so I was thinking the same thing as you. I can't imagine Ocampy showing something so dramatic as how lety looks as she enters conceptos, "on a Thursay or Friday". I would think, it would be done friday night at the close, after Lety sings the Aqui Estare. ROTF
 

Marcelis - continued - Showing enough to get our interest and then "continued".
 

One note about the days of the week. Our Friday episodes are not necessarily the Mexican Friday episodes. They get pre-empted once in a while; we get pre-empted once in a while... even if we were to synch up with them on days of the week, we'd probably get unsynched soon enough. I have no idea where we're at now, or which episode is the Friday episode. :-)

Based on the preview they showed last night - the POV shot with everyone's mouths hanging open - I would bet that we're seeing their Friday episodes on Tuesdays now, and tonight's episode will be a cliffhanger. Except we will only have to wait 23 hours for the follow-up, unlike our Mexican friends who would have had to wait a whole 71 hours. :-)
 

Is everyone aware that the show is coming on at a different time tonight (I don't think it's just California) because the president is speaking. Out here Mundo is being bumped up to 10 p.m.

Those who still use a VCR, might want to check out what time it will be on. My DVR, will pick it up whatever time it comes on, but I figured the VCR population might want to know.
 

Oh!! Thanks for the heads-up! The schedule change wasn't reflected on tv.yahoo.com, but I know they're showing the address tonight.
 

I have to say that I think the mentioning of new CHARACTERS on the show definitely IS a spoiler!!!!!

Mentioning the real life actors who might be coming on later is ok, because we don't know how they will fit into the storyline, only that they are showing up at some point, so there is still suspense. But mentioning someone or something as to how he/she/it relates to Fern or Lety or Teresita, or Aldo, or Tomas, etc. definitely IS a spoiler.

If you are in doubt, think about if it were your production and you were directing the marketing. You'd want to tease the public only a little to peak their interest but definitely not give anything away because you want them to watch the show at the edge of their seat. Like saying episodes will be filmed in Germany, or a guest singer like Yuri is doing an episode, but not saying why or when, or anything else about it, to leave the viewers curious as to how we'll end up there.

I think most of us are interested in what happens to the actors in real life and generally broad discussions about upcoming locations or guest performers, but anything specific to the future characters or the future storyline or timing of events should be off limits!!

If you already know what happens yet still couch it in terms of "Well I think or feel or suspect..." well then shame on you, because that's deceptive and you should now know better. But let's not call attention to such things if others recognize it will happen too, because those of us who don't know it will happen, won't see it as a spoiler until after the fact.

We are still about speculation, and feelings about what will happen, or what we want to see happen, and some intuitive or lucky people actually might guess it exactly without knowing the future, but it's an honor system - and on you, yourself, to not say it if you have already seen or heard it. That's just mean, and there's no need here to compete with anyone as to who knows more about anything. That's simply not necessary for enjoying this blog!

So sit back and enjoy the ride and the story because ENTERTAINMENT is about the story along the way, and not just the end, comprende?

Thanks, too, for everyone caring about this blog as much as I do!
 

I too noticed that the mustache was back in full swing. If I were Caro, the first place we'd stop at the mall is for a waxing. I think it's funny that Lety's eyebrows are actually waxed looking but just not shaped very well. Maybe the mustache was back, so when she is revealed at Conceptos there will be a more noticeable difference.

The beginning was so funny when Tomas was running in a sweater vest. When he showed up for breakfast, I swore it was the same shirt and vest.

I'm also confused as to why Fern would go back with Marcia so soon. He hasn't even tried to apologize to Lety or win her back. The kiss at the office looked so forced and I think he wanted to wipe it off after she turned around.

He definitely wins some points for his nervous anticipation. I think it is what is keeping us all glued to this tele.
 

That is what i just thinking Anonymous...they leave you in a cliffhanger for the rest until the next week. The fact that Mexico has different air date episodes explains everything because after reading the spoilers I felt a little lost.
 

i think la fea is on at the usual time, in the East but the state of the union is at 9pm EST so Mundo is late but in the west the address is at 6pm pst so all novelas are one hour later, and fea will be on at 9pm pst or 8pm mst...best to check local listings..

ariz..don't know about you either....
 

Melinama, what a marvelous recap! Thanks! I always read yours and think you must be a native speaker.

I think Malicia (aka Oxi) should try out for Big Bird. She's got one wicked tongue on her that slices through everybody, too. She looks like a clown and sounds like a harpy.

You know, it's absolutely true that it's good form to be civil to everyone because you never know where you'll see them again. On Oahu, we had a saying--"it's a small island," which meant that even with a population of about 850,000 people in a 30 by 40 mile area, you'd better be nice to everyone today because tomorrow you could be working for his brother. Despite the population, the place just works that way. Locals all know each other and might be related. Fern, Teresita, etc. are right to be a little concerned. After all, they spent lots of time humiliating Lety and she bared the books at the final meeting with them. What more might she do??? They should be wondering!

Maybe it was my imagination, but even Ariel looked a little concerned at the end of the episode as he thought back to all his mean remarks. Of course, he probably won't clean up his act where Malicia is concerned....

Jeanne
 

It wasn't a spoiler, just a lucky guess about the tan paint becoming a seascape. I was truly surprised at the detail and skill Lety displayed, since I was only expecting a few seashells. Sorry to be sarcastic, I'm going nuts with this show. It's like everything is happening in super slo-mo. I'm guilty of peeking ahead at the recaps on Esmas, but I'll never breathe a word here. I can only read them about as well as the closed captions, so just pick up little hints here and there. Besides, those recaps are dry summaries, lacking the rich flavor and detail we get here. Even with the glacial pace, if you skip an episode, you miss gems like Tomas jogging with Lety.
 

I wasn't even thinking about the seascape, to be honest - and in any case, it's fun to speculate, and inevitably those honest speculations sometimes turn out to be correct.

Seriously, it's just not that hard to find out what's happening on the show in Mexico. So there's no need for coy hints.

Speaking of that seascape, heh, not only did she paint it very skillfully, but also amazingly quickly! I wish I could decorate that fast! (I'm just glad it wasn't a giant bust of Aldo!)

Yeah, Ariel did look concerned. Not in a guilty way, just in a "if she remembers that, I'm screwed" way. :-)

(Malicia? Great nickname!)
 

Julie,

re: Ariel's looks of concern--EXACTLY! And, let us hope he is right, he's screwed.

Jeanne
 

I too was amused by both Helmet Head and Ariel looking concerned and flashing back to their snotty treatment of Lety at the big meeting. Serves the two of them right if Lety refuses to have anything to do with them.

As for Fern I just loved him pacing around his office and then checking out Lety's supply closet. He was so obviously torn, both looking forward to and dreading her return. That rings very true. And a huge pile of points for his comment to Omar at the end. I just know he is going to pay for his stupidity but it is great to see an actor who can show so much without a lot of dialogue. The only other actor who is in his class, in my opinion, is the brilliant Arturo Peniche. Expressive faces and eyes and great control of their bodies make them worth watching.

I too am sweating the State of the Union message which airs at 7 p.m. the same time LFMB here in Tucson. My newspaper this morning didn't list my Spanish channel as showing it but things could change and then I'll be screaming at the set, the president, the network honchos for totally ruining my day.

Re the spoiler situation. I haven't read, or hopefully posted anything other then what people think might happen based on years of novela watching. I am a romance novel writer so my mind automatically goes for the happy end I hope to see.

I remember when I lived in Mexico that some novelas do not run an hour a day and they also seem to have WAY fewer commercials so I doubt if we would ever get perfect sychronization between what is happening there and what is going to happen here.
 

I had to laugh at Tomas last night with his running and then when he showed up to be fed complaining about his aches and pains. I noticed one odd thing, it looks like his head was too big for his body. Maybe it was his posture, or lack of it, and that ghastly hair but for awhile he actually looked almost like a dwarf.
 

My thoughts for the day on St. Aldo. How weird was that bit on the beach and what on earth purpose was there for the scene with that adorable child. I guess more filler and a contractual agreement about his screen time. I'm also concerned that Lety does not seem as evolved as I had originally thought. She seemed almost desperate to have Aldo for support as she enters the Mundo de Fieras otherwise known as Conceptos. I had hoped she had acquired more mental toughness than she showed.

I couldn't help noticing that she never seemed to give him either an address or number where he could reach her only said she was going to Conceptos. Is it possible he will show up to pick her up? Think about Marica and Oxi's reactions to that (and no I haven't seen anything to lead me to that conclusion).

Cassie
 

I thought it was odd that she never gave Aldo her phone number to begin with. It'd be different if she was hoping never to see him again, but that never seemed to be the case. It was more like "gee, too bad I'll never see him again" as if there was no way she could give him her number or write him a letter.

I couldn't believe Aldo bought the crummy box. Why not just stick with the one he has, and give the kid a sandwich. Then the kid still has the crummy box to sell to someone else.

It would be awesome if they all saw Lety with Aldo. Now she really does have a rich multimillionaire boyfriend, and he's not even ugly! Maybe he could even rent a Merce- er, that is, a Swigglemobile for the occasion.
 

I would love in the end to see Ariel being dragged off by the evil spirits, just like the bad guy in the movie "Ghost". I wish that were a spoiler but unfortunately it's just my strange sense of humor and intense dislike for the little mermaid!
I don't mind sometimes reading a little ahead for myself but definitely don't want anyone giving me any hints as to what's coming up. I would never do that to anyone else!

I can't wait for Fern to see Lety!!

I had a momentary fear that Lety's new look would be a repeat of the green horror. I had to remind myself that it just couldn't happen under Caro's watchful eye.

Carrie L.
 

The comment about the giant bust of Aldo gave me a different mental image--we need LFMB ACTION FIGURES!!! We could design endless plot variations and act them out to our personal satisfaction, complete with plenty of snappy dialogue. We could design a new wardrobe for Lety, and maybe bring in GI Joe to take care of Ariel. This would soothe our irritation at the slow pace of the telenovela.
 

Does anyone know the name of the group that sang at the Bellaza Contest? I really like the song that they sang but am unsure about the name. Was it Despues de ti?
 

I love it!! LFMB action figures!!!!!! I WANT MOTY!!!!!! :)
 

OH wow...i never went so far as to think of LFMB action figures or any novela action figures for that matter but the thought is very promising...We can even have Duelo Action figures and have all characters interact, that would be awesome. :-) LOL
 

As a side note I played the early part of LFMB and saw Lety in her bunny suit...LOL, i can't believe I missed it..and sfor Tomas' outfit I would bet it was the same vest and shirt at the dinner table that he went running in (btw who runs with a vest on? Tomas obviously but still)..That was funny, couldn't help but crack up.
 

I think you are asking about the band LU, and the song is on their album called "Album". I found the song and downloaded onto my iPod. I swear I've listened to it about twenty times a day.

At least, that's who I think you are asking about. If you get their whole album, "Album" please let me know how it is.....I couldn't justify purchasing the whole thing based on one song, but perhaps you are more bold and daring in the music department than I am.
 

WOW, action figures. I want my own Fernie!!! He could come to work with me and keep me company all day long. Actually, think of all of the other kinds of action figures you can have them interact with....I've got a Dr. Evil from Austin Powers. Imagine him and Omar meeting up and plotting together...talk about dumb and dumber.
 

Never mind the pink bunny suit or even Tomas getup - if Aldo's tan pants were any tighter they'd be paint. I swear you could see what he had for breakfast in those things. Not very masculine if you ask me.

Did they honestly think they could distract the Fernatics with that cheap ploy (tight pants and no shirt)?
 

As a matter of reference, we are a middle aged, professional, Hispanic couple, who enjoy relaxing while watching an hour or so of television after a long day at the office. Consequently, approximately six months ago, we became hooked on the “La Fea Mas Bella” telenovella. At first La Fea Mas Bella was amusing and we laughed with the zany comedy that the characters had to offer. As most people do, we champion the basic premise that external beauty takes a back seat to both sound morals and a good character; however Lety’s character has surpassed anyone’s wildest imagination when it comes to stupidity and lack of common sense. Regardless and more importantly -- and what Univision should focus on -- is the message that it is sending to its younger viewers. To understand our comments, we first have to analyze Lety’s role and character.

Lety’s behavior personifies a mentally retarded individual that lacks common sense and sound judgment. Secondly, Lety also personifies exactly the opposite of what the writers are trying to portray. Lety is engaged in both an illegitimate and immoral personal relationship with Fernando; is being disingenuous to everyone including her own family; and has also entered in to an illegitimate business transaction akin to money laundering, where she tries to help Fernando hide business assets from banks and creditors. In short Lety is not only immoral, but a delinquent whose actions border criminal activity.

Is this what we want to teach our children? -- Is Lety really a “good person” lost in a sea of love? Do we want our children to identify with this person if they feel they’re not as good looking as the next kid? We should most certainly hope not…

All-in-all the message set forth by the writers is a huge disappointment. What’s more alarming is that now, Lety “Fernando’s little tramp” and the “Financial Asset Hider”, is now the hero that will save the family business…Give me a break. Lety need to go to jail !!!

As viewers and firm supporters of Spanish television, we urge Univision to demand that the writers correct these twisted messages and also put an end to the absurdity that is being televised day-in and day-out. Lety deserves criminal charges for her actions and should identify herself as the "relationship wrecker" that she truly is.

A Disgusted Viewer…
 

The 2011 discussion for Capitulos 193 & 194 is at this link.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder