Monday, January 01, 2007

Mundo de Fieras 1/2/07 - in which Leonardo coughs on absolutely everybody

Beckster will be back next week. Meanwhile...
  • Demian and Regina take a bubble bath.

  • Paulina frets: JC hasn't come to bed. She puts on her robe, gets up (against everybody's orders), and skulks out to the balcony. She overhears Karen talking to JC in the hallway below and giving him a "comradely" embrace. She faints and falls down the stairs. And of course miscarries the baby.

    Every time you see somebody with her in the rest of the hour, she is having conversation #1, to wit: "It's my fault." "No, it was a delicate pregnancy, you'll have another chance to be a mother." (This, by the way, is an extremely poor line to use on somebody who has lost a child.) "I'm not happy. It's my fault."

    She decides she and JC should go back to their own apartment. JC: "Maybe we can get back our broken dreams and put our life back together."

    Karen concentrates on consoling JC, by giving lots more hugs and saying, "you can count on me." Demian also consoles JC, with booze. JC, meanwhile, has a hard time looking Pau in the eye. He's pretty angry she disobeyed the doctor, and when he realizes she'd been "spying" (his word) on him out of jealousy, he's furious.

    Luisito is seen for only 1.5 seconds tonight - he comes back from the movies with his little pal, Jos (who is dressed for a night at the opera) and Gabe. They get the news about the baby and Gabe lunges up the stairs and has conversation #1, see above.

  • At the pole-dancing club, Elsa is tussling with a guy whose line is: "I have lots of money. I'll dominate you. I paid a lot!" Sil wrestles her away and puts her in a cab. She is completely ungrateful.

    The next day he asks her how long she's going to live this way. "Till my face and my body don't bring in enough money. Nothing else matters." Not dignity? "No, I'll have all the luxuries I ever wanted."

  • Gabriel proposes to MA: "Let's get married in a couple months." She accepts. "No, you'll never marry," thought-bubbles the eavesdropping Joselyn, who then rushes to mother. Mother Miriam is adjusting her makeup and planning the sale of construction shares that will, with Demian's help, "get us out of trouble."

    Jos is not interested in business. "Mom, I can't stand the thought of Them being happy, I don't want Them to have one moment of peace." "We have to separate Them forever," counsels mother Miriam.

  • The Liza Minelli look-alike who runs the fashion house gives MA an opportunity to design, and loves what she comes up with, especially the wedding dress. "You won't be sewing any more, you'll be designing for me. Draw your dreams! What a natural you are!"

    This must be Mariangela's 1.5 seconds of happiness. She then tells Cande she's worried about telling Leo she's engaged. Cande counsels, "Just do it."

  • Leo is mooning over MA in the hospital when a bunch of wounded people arrive. He dashes back and forth in the rain. He skitters from place to place nobly saving lives. Lightning, thunder! More bodies!

    He staggers home, coughing. As you know, anyone who coughs in a telenovela ends up at death's door. Leo coughs, then staggers out to the taxi stand where he coughs on his fellow workers and also coughs on the customers. He should know better. Friend: "In the blacksmith's house, a wooden mattock." "In the doctor's house, a stethoscope of lies" parries Leo. Maybe that makes sense or maybe he's just loony with fever. (Yes, Beckster, he's a tool.)

    After a few more scenes like this, he is so sick he tells his mom to "inject" him. Next thing we know, the doctor is saying he's very delicate and his life is in danger. See how bad it is to cough?

    Cande and the guilt-stricken Mariangela promise to stay at Leo's bedside to nurse him. MA calls Gabe and says she won't be home. Jos, overhearing as usual, says: "I'll act this very night!"

  • Nicolas tells Miriam Jos can't sell the construction shares, because Clemente's will specifies that both beneficiaries must be in accord; they must get MA to sell, too, or no dice. She complains to Demian; he says he'll take care of it, and that Miriam will continue owing him a favor.

  • Gabe shows the divorce papers to Rogelio and says he's taken it upon himself to liquidate some of Rogelio's shares to provide a chunk of money for Diana. Rog is impactado. Gabe gives the check to Diana, who doesn't want to take it at first, but acquiesces reluctantly.

  • Rog visits Demian and agrees to buy second-hand materials for Demian under his own name. Demian: "I'll pay you a fine commission. Since I hear a goodly number of your shares have been sold for Diana, I expect the money will come in handy." "OK, I'll be your borrowed name (prestenombre.)" "No, that sounds ugly, let's call you my assistant." "I know it's risky to palm off used material as new, but I don't care about anything but the money." "Don't fail me! If you betray me, I'll be pitiless in getting vengeance."

  • Rogelio bumps into Diana in the hall; he grabs her and takes her off for a discussion. He tells her to give back every cent. She pulls out the check from Gabe and hands it back to Rog - then threatens to tell Gabe that Rog's new business is a strip club: "I don't have anything to lose, but you do." Rog gives her back the check. She gives him back her wedding ring.

  • JC and Paulina go back to their apartment, which is festooned with baby toys in blister packs. He says coldly - "we can't evade the truth, we must accept it."

    Pau locks herself in the bedroom and, devoid of makeup, cradles a blanket in her arms, sitting in a dark corner and crooning: "My child! I'll never see your arms extended toward me, hear your laugh, have you sit in my regazo. I won't hear you call my name. I failed you." It was creepy and upsetting.

    Regina warns JC not to let his grand love of Paulina be broken over this. "Don't judge her - she isn't seeing clearly." He looks unmoved and stalks off to work.

    Editor's note: the telenovelaland inhabitants promise each other eternal, undying love at the drop of a hat, but when the chips are down this is what usually happens.

  • Cortito is joking with Mayeya in the kitchen. He wants to read her the poem he's written for his "beloved." Mayeya doesn't want to hear it but he blares it out anyway. He thought-bubbles: "If Mayeya only knew - I invented this sweetheart so she'd be jealous. I want her to be interested in me!"

Labels:


Comments:
thanks meli for the wonderful, detailed recap.

J.R. :)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder